- Atacama Desert, Chile
I woke up the next morning at 5am hoping to catch a ride to Chile. Truck drivers stop in Susques at night after the border closes and leave early in the morning to cove Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 10, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 49I knew it would be a good day as Andrew made pancakes for breakfast and they were delicious! It was quite a cold day so we headed out for some more sightseeing. Today we went to an area called Polanco, Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 12, 2013
- Waves, Sun and a spot of Paragliding!We are currently in Iquique of northern Chile and it is lovely here. Like a little cool surfing place. We've been here for maybe just under a week and its the perfect place to just chill out. A couple of Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 18, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 48It's really overcast in the morning here at the moment but the weather seemed to pick up by late morning yesterday so we kept to our plan of having a beach day. A quick bus ride from the promenade in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 11, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 47We changed rooms this morning so now we have a balcony looking out on to the street and in the distance the port and sea.
[img= Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 9, 2013
- San Pedro de Atacama to Valparaiso - Day 46We journeyed from San Pedro to Valparaiso today, and sensibly we decided on a few hours flight to Santiago and a 2 hour bus ride, rather than a 24 hour bus journey on a normal (not lie flat) coach. We Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 10, 2013
- San Pedro de Atacama - Days 44 & 45After my sickness the day before and not eating for about 36 hours, I felt really weak, so the first day in San Pedro de Atacama was a quiet one, to make sure I was well enough for the stargazing Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 7, 2013
- Falkland Islands to Santiago6th April
Today we had to farewell the Falkland Islands. We were sad to leave as this has actually been a big highlight for us and we had not been prepared for that. We love it here. We could easily live Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Patagonia -to the penguins!THANKFULLY our luck changed for the better once we decided to go to Patagonia! After our 22 hour bus to Santiago we legged it to the airport where we managed to buy a ticket at 1pm for a flight to Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Apr 7, 2013
- San Pedro - The tourist TRAP!So we arrive in San Pedro, Chile with the plan of 'EASILY' hopping on a bus to Salta that night...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/549036/DSC0 Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Apr 5, 2013
- Chapter #7: Head to headHi everybody!
This entry won't probably very long, but I feel the need to write a chapter about it. The reason is that tonight I will leave South America, and head west towards Asia, making a few stops on the way. Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Apr 1, 2013
- Lagunas and FlamingosToday I went on a tour to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile.
In the middle of the flat is a lagoon wh Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- Around San Pedro de AtacamaToday was a more mellow day hanging around San Pedro de Atacama and making one small excursion to Pukara de Quitor, some prehistoric ruins of the Atacameño people then taken over by the Incas and then the Spanish.
First, my friends Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- Up to the geysersToday I got up at 3:15 AM to get a 4:00 AM bus to the geysers. It was probably a bit much since I slept in a bus the night before but I was hanging out with a couple Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 26, 2013
- San Pedro de AtacamaWe got a night bus to San Pedro de Atacama - slightly more luxourious than the N47 but takes a bit longer (17 hours)! We didn`t get much sleep on the bus but at least there were some good films Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 25, 2013
- Valle De La LunaThis afternoon, I took a bikeride to Valle de la Luna, a 12 km ride from San Pedro de Atacama where I am staying. I started off with an argentinian couple and we got lost about 3 times trying Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 25, 2013
- Now I am really in the desertIn the last 25 hours or so I have gone from Valle De Elqui, an oasis in the desert, to San Pedro De Atacama, the desert.
It all started with a 2 hour ride out of the valle de Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 24, 2013
- How’s the serenity – Torres del Paine
The main reason for our sail south was to stroll the ‘Big W’ in the infamous Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia, which attracts 150,000 punters each year. For those unacquainted Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Mar 23, 2013
- Valle de ElquiThe past few days I have been staying in Valle de Elqui, a valley oasis in a desert. It is a capital of pisco, a distilled alcohol made from grapes. I stayed in Pisco Elqui, a small laid Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 22, 2013
- Viña Del Mar and more ValpoI went with a friend to the neighboring city of Viña del Mar. It is a posh resort community 5 minutes from Valparaiso.
Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 20, 2013
- ChileWhen we arrived in San Pedro de Atacama after our 3 day trip through the desert, we had to pass through border control. Once again, Annabel was stopped for possessing illegal fruit. After not too long, we were Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Mar 20, 2013
- ValparaisoI had heard many things about Valparaiso. I heard recommendations to skip it and people who loved it. It seemed like such a polarizing place. Thus, I decided to check it out.
Valparaiso a city of about a Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 18, 2013
- La SerenaWe left Valparaiso and got the bus to a seaside town of La Serena. We experienced our first bit of pick-pocketing on the bus but all he got away with is Alex's hoody!
The view out the window was really Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 18, 2013
- ValparaisoWe had a short bus journey from Santiago to Valparaiso. We met up with Alex at the hostel and went out to explore the multicoloured hillside town. Valparaiso used to be one of the most important ports before the panama Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 17, 2013
- SantiagoWe left Mendoza and Argentina behind us as we head into the Andes to reach Santiago. We passed glaciers and ski resorts that are used in the winter when the Andes are covered in snow and when the only way Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 17, 2013