- Bella Vistas in the Urban JungleAfter a good night's sleep, we wake up at 8 and slowly get ready for the day. We head downstairs to the breakfast area—which is a bright sun room that looks out onto the courtyard—for a buffet-style breakfast of waffles, Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 10, 2012
- Rapa NuiWe departed on Nov 1 and finally arrived on Rapa Nui, Easter Island, on Nov 4th. We took LAN from Lima to Easter Island, which landed around 7am and after the outdoor immigration line… we were met by driver Posted by samandjet in Travel here and there | Nov 10, 2012
- Between the Montana and the Mar5,117 miles.
That's how far away from home we are, and it certainly feels like it!
Look on a map of the Americas and you will see that a flight to Santiago, Chile is certainly not an easy one; it is Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 9, 2012
- Day 3 Travel to Vina del MarToday start with a good and light breakfast at Hotel Orly. We took a taxi to the bus stop were we met Angela and Tim from Australia. They were headed to Vina del Mar for the day before Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 6, 2012
- Day 2 in SantiagoToday was walking the city to feel the vibe. Wow what a big city. We ended up on the double decker bus to see the whole city and to get some reference points. I would recommend this Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 5, 2012
- Santiago - ChileThe goal of this blog is to share my travel experiences with Friends and Family. The good, bad and everything in-between. I'm planned to have some gear and travel advice, along with the way I see places, cities and Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaToday, Carol and Jolie took a horseback riding lesson in the morning on cantering. Then in the afternoon we took a cactus walk through the rock canyon. It was a very active walk over fallen rock, across streams Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaThis morning we went on a horseback ride over the dunes. It was mainly walking, but we trotted here and there. In the afternoon Carol and Jolie went on a bike ride to swim in the salt lake, Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaToday we took a sand dune hike in the morning. We hiked up to a flat rocky piece of land to see an old fort. Then we hiked down a big sand dune all the way to the Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- Santiago to San Pedro de AtacamaToday we flew from Santiago to the Atacama Desert and drove to our lodge Explora Atacama-Hotel de Larache.
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- SantiagoOur third day in Santiago we ran some errands and had lunch at the mall. On our fourth and last day we went to too of the smaller towns named Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. We walked around Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- SantiagoOur first day in Santiago we hung out in our room and relaxed. Ahhhh! On our second day we visited the statue of the Virgin Mary and some churches. They were very beautiful! The wood Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- Wild and Beautiful - Part TwoIt´s funny how all the islands we have visited around the globe seem to have one common factor. No one is in a hurry, life passes by at a much slower pace, people seem to be much more content and Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Nov 1, 2012
- Bariloche to SantiagoToday we took a two hour plane flight to Santiago, the capital of Chile. Just like the Corcovado looks over Rio de Janeiro, Virgin Mary looks over Santiago.
[img=http: Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 24, 2012
- Wild and Beautiful - Part OnePuerto Varas. A small town in Northern Patagonia, or Southern Chile, depending on how you are holding the atlas. A quaint, little place that has a faint scent of things passed. People greet each other in the street, cars stop Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 22, 2012
- ValparaisoSo we leave Pucon: after 10 nights it was like leaving home!! But we weren't alone as James and Tim were also going Valpo so we decided to not only get the bus with them but be room mates with Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 19, 2012
- day 38well last year i spent my birthday in Africa, this year I spent it in Arica. Interesting huh?
There wasn´t much to do in Iquique, the guys we met from the bonfire recommended going to pica where there were hot springs. Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 18, 2012
- Puerto Varas to San Carlos de BarilocheToday we drove five hours from Puerto Varas (and even saw a Dunkin' Donuts on the way!) to a boat port. We took a boat trip to an island where we hiked some trails and had some hot chocolate. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Puerto VarasThese two days we looked at an old German village to see how they used to live in the 17 and 1800's. We saw two of the seaside towns named Frutillar and Puerto Octay. We also saw a Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Torres del Paine National Park to Puerto VarasToday we flew to a small city called Puerto Varas. We drove 15 minutes to our hotel Casa Molino.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508035/DSC_5870.jpg Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Torres del PaineThis morning we went horseback riding. We took a two hour ride through the mountains and over the hills. The countryside is beautiful. In the afternoon we relaxed in our room.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508035/DSC_5742.jpg caption=Cliffs a Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 15, 2012
- day 35ugh I hate starting my blog entries because I always forget where I left off....
I think the last thing I wrote about was that we camped with Joel and Pau. So that morning we checked in at a Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 15, 2012
- PuconPucan: The Villarrica Volcano..
We arrive in Pucon at about 8pm get off the bus and one the opposite side of the road we see a BBQ party getting started in a hostel..... turns out it was our Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 13, 2012
- Como estasHola bonitas y guapos,
So here's entry two! It's currently Friday night (I suppose early Saturday morning) and I have an action packed weekend ahead! It's a long weekend in Chile this weekend so I've decided to get out of the Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Oct 12, 2012
- ValdiviaWe spent a night in Puerto Montt after the Navimag. Our Hostel was like a ladies house and we didnt really feel comfortable relaxing in the lounge. Next morning the weather was awful, continuous rain and grey skys... so we Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 12, 2012