- Patagonia anchorage Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- School's Out (for winter)Day 9
More yachtmaster instruction today. As you may have noticed from the photos posted we are in the local museum for the course. The place is a little chilly, we are sat in full thermals, hats and coats keeping warm Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- Santiago Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 20, 2013
- In trainingDay 6
Finally the time has come to get on the boat!
Thankfully the husband of the lady who runs the hostel (Pablo) is able to run us down to the dock with our 'excess baggage'.
Wow what a vessel Pelagic is, turns Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- Brushing up on nav' skills Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- The crew get jolly whilst winter arrives on Pelagic Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- Santiago, Chile (8th - 13th May)We got 2 buses to the airport in Montevideo, which was a bit of a hassle I guess, though not hugely so - plus it was a lot cheaper than getting a taxi. The flight to Chile was then only Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 14, 2013
- Santiago In Santiago, we went to a really big park. We liked the park and met friends there that spoke some Spanish and some English. We also went to a fish market. The fish there was pretty good. We stayed in Posted by James07 in Learning Through Exploring | Mar 30, 2013
- Chile, Through the YearsSantiago, Chile
Major Overview of Major Events in Chile Over the Years:
1520: Ferdinand Magellan is the first European to even see Chile
1541: Pedro de Valdivia founds the capital, Santiago
Some time later...
1879-1883: Chile fights again Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Mar 29, 2013
- Salar de Uyuni #1 - April 14, 2013
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/385629/3F4055B32219AC6817CC5F5023ED0FF Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 14, 2013
- Day 2Day 2
Claire's happy Chilean airlines serve tea, albeit with powdered milk!
Approach to Santiago the lower end of the Andes somewhat obscured by low cloud but the higher mountains sticking out appear shockingly barren - brown desert like and very dr Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 8, 2013
- Santiago - ChileGot into Santiago airport at 11:30 pm and we were pretty well stuffed. On the trip we got the usual ham and cheeses sandwich, which was pretty disappointing as we had missed dinner whilst we had a quick changeover in Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | May 6, 2013
- The Journey from HellSo after over a week in the lovely beach town of Iquique it was time to move on. We wanted to go back to Bolivia as it was much cheaper and there were a couple of places we missed out Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 24, 2013
- South America Round upThis is my round up of our last 8 weeks in South America.
Things I liked
Christ the Redeemer in Brazil was a great way to start the trip. It really was impressive but thinking back, I think looking at it Posted by andrewwaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 54Our last day in South America! Where has the last 8 weeks gone? It's been more amazing than I expected and I am more than a little sad to be leaving. But we have another few countries to go yet Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 52 & 53We've been having a relaxing time here in Santiago. Yesterday we explored the city a little, taking us to a beautiful cathedral where a ceremony was taking place. It sounds so much more interesting in Spanish!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5560 Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 16, 2013
- Valparaiso to Santiago - Day 51We arrived at our final destination in South America today, Santiago. A two hour bus journey and a short ride on the underground - which is a very nice underground! - we were in the city and only a few Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 14, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 50It was so hot today! And typically we started the day with a walk uphill! We went to see where the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda lived when he stayed in Valparaiso. Nice house with a great view!
[img Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 13, 2013
- San Pedro, Chile - April 11, 2013
In San Pedro, we met a geology student from Colorado. Together we went sandboardi Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 10, 2013
- Atacama Desert, Chile
I woke up the next morning at 5am hoping to catch a ride to Chile. Truck drivers stop in Susques at night after the border closes and leave early in the morning to cove Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 10, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 49I knew it would be a good day as Andrew made pancakes for breakfast and they were delicious! It was quite a cold day so we headed out for some more sightseeing. Today we went to an area called Polanco, Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 12, 2013
- Waves, Sun and a spot of Paragliding!We are currently in Iquique of northern Chile and it is lovely here. Like a little cool surfing place. We've been here for maybe just under a week and its the perfect place to just chill out. A couple of Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 18, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 48It's really overcast in the morning here at the moment but the weather seemed to pick up by late morning yesterday so we kept to our plan of having a beach day. A quick bus ride from the promenade in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 11, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 47We changed rooms this morning so now we have a balcony looking out on to the street and in the distance the port and sea.
[img= Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 9, 2013
- San Pedro de Atacama to Valparaiso - Day 46We journeyed from San Pedro to Valparaiso today, and sensibly we decided on a few hours flight to Santiago and a 2 hour bus ride, rather than a 24 hour bus journey on a normal (not lie flat) coach. We Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 10, 2013