- Atacama Experience - part 23rd day – Geyser Tatio
Be prepared to fall from your bed in the middle of the night :( . The tour leaves the hotel at 4:00 am. The journey lasts 4 hours turning around the Andes mountains until the Geyser Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Dec 18, 2013
- Dad bought a poncho. I can’t believe that it has already been a month since I last posted on this blog. We have a little more than four months left in South America, but some days it feels like we are already done. This Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Dec 11, 2013
- The desert of San Pedro de AtacamaAfter a few days spent in the Salar de Uyuni and the desert around, in Bolivia, we ended our 4WD (4x4) tour by crossing the Chilean border to arrive in San Pedro de Atacama. This little oasis village, located in Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 9, 2013
- Promenade dans Santiago
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Dec 6, 2013
- I'm being followed by a MoonshadowPublic. – I love you!!!
Cat Stevens. – What am I supposed to say? My wife's in the audience!
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 28, 2013
- Una mezclaUn peu de tout, en vrac, dans le désordre... Un weekend à la plage, un autre weekend à la campagne, TP à l'université, le temps des glaces, le premier tour des élections, coupe du monde de foot, la routine Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 22, 2013
- A Quiet Day in the Strait: Chilean PatagoniaToday was a quiet day cruising up the Strait of Magellan from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas where we will disembark from the ship tomorrow.
We spent some time doing "administrative" tasks, like finding out what bus we leave on tomorrow, Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- A Night On Shore: Chilean PatagoniaThis was a quiet day. Most of the day was spent on the ship cruising through the upper Magellan Strait and then into the patchwork of islands that dot the southwest coast of Chile.
[img=h Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Quite the Day in Patagonia: Chilean PatagoniaWell, if yesterday was rather calm and uneventful, today certainly made up for it.
We were up very early — 5 a.m. — in order to eat breakfast and get on the bus that would take us to Torr Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Relax and Watch the World Go By: Chilean PatagoniaThis was another day spent entirely on the ship.
We had removed our motion sickness patches from behind our ears yesterday afternoon, thinking we were now in the Beagle Channel and the Strait of Magellan. . . sheltered channels of water Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Rounding the Horn: Chilean Patagonia
We awoke this morning to find that we had crossed the Drake Passage and Cape Horn — the southern most point of South America — was in sight.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/567915 Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- How else am I going to clean my dishes...I have to say, I think this blog is pretty cool. If nothing else, there are pictures of penguins. And it has been inspired by all the really amazing and strange things and people we have met and seen in Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Nov 8, 2013
- Last Day on Easter IslandToday was our last day at the centerpiece of our journey, Easter Island.
The four of us were ready to board a tender at 8 a.m. We did have to wait a short while but before 9 a.m. we had Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- Full Day at Easter IslandWe will spend the entire day on Easter Island, with the four of us exploring on our own.
After breakfast, we headed to the Marina auditorium for our tender tickets. Unfortunately, because quite a few passengers on the ship signed Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- Arrival at Easter IslandToday was the day we have all been waiting for...our arrival at Easter Island, said to be the most remote inhabited place in the world.
By mid-morning we were able to make our the tiny silhouette of the island on Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- SmallvilleI'm one year older and the adventure continues.
Chile is the mirror image of the West Coast in the United States. Patigonia is Chile's Alaska; cold, beautiful and mysterious. The North is a high altitude version of Death Valley. Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Oct 16, 2013
- Northern ChileLa Serena and the Elqui Valley (27th August - 29th August)
Spent a very relaxing couple of days in La Serena and the Elqui Valley. La Serena had a very laid back atmosphere, and loads of really nice churches and Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Oct 2, 2013
- Chasing shadows around Santiago
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Sep 29, 2013
- Penguins, Patigonia and PukingWe are back from vacation and will be moving to the beach side town of Curanipe in a few days. Life is rough.
Since leaving Santiago two weeks ago, we have seen more of Chile than most Chileans see in Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Sep 27, 2013
- A quick trip to SantiagoFollowing our 2 bag snatches in Calama, we were unsure as to where to go next, having missed the bus to Santiago in order to report the second theft to the police. That and the bus tickets were in the Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 21, 2013
- A quick breakfast and then it's off again!It was check out day and off to Buenos Aires back via Santiago. It was going to be another long day with an expected arrival time barring any delays of about 2am. Nothing like a restful holiday for busy Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- A sunrise experience on Easter IslandIt would have been a shame to come so far and not experience a sunrise over the Easter Island Moai. We can sleep in anytime.
Picked up at 7.30am with the weather slightly overcast with broken cloud. We'd had rain during Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Time to exploreWe had arranged for our tours before leaving Oz. My research found that a Scotsman living permanently on the Island had studied the dialect, history and culture. James Grant-Peterkin is the founder and operator of Easter Island Spirit Tours; he Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Easter IslandSet the alarm for an early start, double checked by placing a wake up and set our watch alarm. The flight departs at 0915 and we needed to be at the airport at 0700. It was dark, the weather was Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Off to Chile? Leave your valuables at home.Midnight, Thursday 12th September
Having almost missed the night bus from Iquique to Calama, we kind of wish we had.....
3am we had our first encounter with the police when everyone is kicked off the bus for their bags to be scanned Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 16, 2013