- Flamingos and high altitudeWoke up in time for breakfast to catch the pick-up at 8.30am and the full-day tour today went to Atacama Salt Flat and the Miscanti and Miñiques lakes. I was in time for my pick-up but when nobody had showed Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 2, 2014
- Atacama Desert – here I come!Had to get up unhealthy early to be able to catch the transfer at 5.25am back to Santiago Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport and the flight departed at 7.30am to El Loa Airport in Calama. It felt like the domestic Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 1, 2014
- Back to SantiagoI woke up to the bird-warbling outside and the last day here on Easter Island and even though the island has a troubled and violent history I felt sad to leave such nowadays calm and peaceful island. And when I’m Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 31, 2014
- Getting to know the moaiWoke up again to the intense bird-warbling outside the window as a sign that sunrise had began. I ate breakfast in time to make today’s first guided tour to Orongo. The clouds were hanging low and the fog had a Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 30, 2014
- Easter Island on horsebackI woke up to an intense bird warbling outside my room during sunrise so I obviously didn’t need an alarm-clock at this time of year anyway. Breakfast was served between 7.15am to 9am and during my short walk over to Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 29, 2014
- Easter IslandI got up early as hell to be in time for the transfer leaving at 5am. Though I couldn’t find the new batteries I just bought here in Santiago for my portable baggage scale why I had to pack my Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 28, 2014
- Wine tasting at Viña Santa CruzThe transfer picked me up at 8.30am and since none of the other transfers during the week had showed up time I wasn’t stressed about this transfer to be in time and had a calm and relaxed morning. BUT then Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 27, 2014
- Viña del Mar and Valparaíso The reception desk had phoned up to my room in the middle of the night (!) to inform that my pick-up for today’s tour to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso was delayed by 15 minutes, so new time for pick-up Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 26, 2014
- Skiing in Valle Nevado – finally! Up early in the morning for breakfast and pack down the rest of my things in my bags. Today was my last day of staying in my friend’s apartment and today we were finally going skiing. We had planned for Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 25, 2014
- Italian family lunch[center][/center]
Wasn’t able to get to sleep until after 2 am, so a well-needed sleep-in was necessarily this morning. Time was about 9.30am when I finally got out of bed. Today I wa Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 24, 2014
- Earthquake 6.4 Woke up to a cloudy and chilly morning in Santiago and it was nearly raining outside. I wasn’t really inspired to even get out of bed because of that but equipped with mittens, a hat and an umbrella I got Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 23, 2014
- Poisonous Corner SpidersWoke up yet again to a cold and chilly Santiago so I spoiled myself with another sleep-in. Biggest challenge for today was to get two new batteries for my portable baggage scale since the old ones obviously didn’t work. I Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 22, 2014
- Typical Chilean shoe fashion?Took the subway to downtown and Plaza de Armas after rush hour. It was significantly more people downtown today than earlier this week and it was more chilly and windy. But who cares when you’re running in and out of Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 21, 2014
- Murphy’s law…Up early in time to leave for Valle Nevado at 8.30am. During this time it was still rush hour and when we finally got out of the city traffic we took off on a narrower and tortuous road leading up Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 20, 2014
- Shopping at Costanera CenterToday I woke up to a much colder Santiago. The clouds were tarrying so the surrounding mountains (including the Andes) weren’t visible. A perfect day for shopping in other words! My friend Michelangelo recommended me to visit Costanera Center and Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 19, 2014
- Downtown SantiagoWoke up during the night every now and then (nevertheless it’s a minus 6 hour time-different compared to Sweden this time of year). But I felt quite alert when I got up just in time for the sunrise over the Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 18, 2014
- Arriving in Santiago de ChileI tried to get some sleep during the flight but it was pretty noisy and fussy onboard. And an hour after take-off they started to serve food as well. But I guess the food was kind of well-needed. Chicken with Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 17, 2014
- Stockholm - MadridBefore this trip I had planned to take my car back and forth to Stockholm-Arlanda Airport to avoid missing the first flight due to train delay. Here in Sweden, SJ have had all but great critique in the media lately Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 16, 2014
- Atacama Desert, the driest desert in the world
==Atacama Desert – Mars on Earth==
We departed Santiago and flew to the far north of Chile to Calama, to the area of the Atacama Desert.
The Atacama Desert is commonly known as the Posted by janejoe in Chile | Feb 3, 2016
- Patagonia and Torres del Paine National Park
We flew from Puerto Montt in the Lake District to Punta Arenas in Patagonia and spent one night before continuing onto Puerto Natales and the Torres del Paine National Park.
==Punta A Posted by janejoe in Chile | Jan 30, 2016
- The "Lake District" south of Santiago
We departed Santiago and flew south to Puerto Montt, where we spent one night prior to driving south to a 30 minute ferry which took us across to the island of Chiloe.
==Island of Chi Posted by janejoe in Chile | Jan 19, 2016
- Santiago and Valparaiso==Our Itinerary==
==Santiago - The Capital==
We spent 2.5 days in Santiago, plus one day in the environs of Santiago in the Maipo Valley tasting wines.
Santiago was founded in Posted by janejoe in Chile | Jan 14, 2016
- Rebel Rebel ( RIP David Bowie)You know that feeling you have when at any minute your luck could change ? Well Easter Island was the place we ran out of the good kind.
The lady from the hotel that met us at the airport was not Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Jan 13, 2016
- Salta and San Pedro - Argentina & ChileOur bus trip from Mar Del Plata to Salta took a total of 3 buses and 28 hours. That many hours of travelling took a toll on us and the next few days in Salta were very relaxing for us. Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Jan 13, 2016
- Dark Side of the MoonIn the afternoon we booked a tour with a guide to do a trip to Valle de Luna or Valley of the Moon. The driest place on earth. On average only 50mm of rain a year falls and in some Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Jan 10, 2016