- Valparaiso, ChileA very colourful city. Shame about the petty crime and the copious amounts of dog mess in the streets. We stayed on Cerro Alegre (Happy Hill)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/IMG_957 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 11, 2014
- Santiago de Chile, ChileAlmost there...
After a 6.5 hour bus journey from La Serena, we arrived in Santiago. Our hostal recommended we try this bar around the corner called The Clinic...
[[http://www.barthec Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 5, 2014
- Illegally in Chile==FUNNY STORY==
I've had multiple interesting experiences crossing international borders. Like the time I got food poisoning while crossing the border from Mongolia into Russia. Or the time I forgot I had a water gun in my luggage when flying ou Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jun 3, 2014
- Pisco Elqui, Elqui Valley, ChileHeading inland from La Serena for 2 hours into the Valle de Elqui, renowned for its pisco distilleries, hectares upon hectares of vines, and star gazing observatories. Similar to San Pedro de Atacama, the Elqui Valley has some of the Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 2, 2014
- La Serena, ChileJust one night here before heading inland to our next destination.
First we needed to refuel. And Amanda needed to spend some time getting to grips with her new toy... [author´s correction: her new phone...]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/66473 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 2, 2014
- Bahia Inglesa, ChileCaldera
Before arriving at Bahía Inglesa, we stopped at a lovely nearby coastal fishing town called Caldera
[img=http://photos.t Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 2, 2014
- San Pedro de Atacama, ChileSan Pedro is a quiet Chilean border town in the Atacama Desert [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert|About the desert]]
Valle de la Luna
First little adventure was in to the Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley), a diverse lunar landscape form Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 2, 2014
- Back to ChileDe ==Bariloche,== nous prenons un bus direction ==Puerto Montt== au Chili. Durant les 2 jours que nous y passons, il y fait froid, pluvieux et venteux. Nous décidons de ne pas nous éterniser et de remonter vers le Nord pour Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Blog 2 - ChileBlog for Chile
After our 16 hour flight from Sydney we arrived in hazy Chile and took a taxi to our accommodation run by an American surfer. A place I found on the internet. It cost 23,800clp (Chilean pesos) Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Fußballnarren...Buen día!
Am letzten Tag im Mai ists Zei für ein kurzes Update. Zusammengefasst bestanden die letzten Wochen aus viel Arbeit wobei auch ein Projektabschluss beinhaltet war, eine zweitägige Dienstreise 5 Stunden in den Süden von Santiago, einem einziegn Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | May 31, 2014
- Altos de LircaySortie de fin d'automne à la réserve Altos de Lircay, près de Talca. A part nous il n'y a personne dans la réserve, pas étonnant, les bouteilles d'eau gèlent pendant la nuit. Le deuxième soir, alors qu'on était dans Posted by vlejay in chililichi | May 26, 2014
- ChileWe left steaks and chocolate behind and headed to meet Matko and Tama in Puerto Montt. Two comfortable weeks in a rented car were ahead of us so we discussed our plans and possible stops, filled the car and left Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | May 12, 2014
- Frohen Muttertag!Liebe Blog-Verfolgerinnen- und Verfolger!
Ich gebe zu meine Vorsätze bezüglich regelmäßigeren Blogeinträgen bis dato etwas vernachlässigt zu haben. Aber ja ich habe wie immer gute Gründe dafür...viel Arbeit, etc ;) Nun ist schon fast Mitte Mai und somi Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | May 11, 2014
- San Pedro de Atacama, Chile: A rugged oasis in the desert Saturday 29th - Monday 31March 2014
It was another scenic bus journey. More climbing narrow winding roads carved out of the mountains. We travelled some of the road we would have had we rented a car and the scenery was beautiful. Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 8, 2014
- Protests, parades and pidgin... all in a Santiago weekWe arrived in Santiago on a late Sunday morning, the streets were quiet so it was hard to get an immediate sense of the city. We had been told it is one of South America's most westernised cities with a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 7, 2014
- Santago to Buenos Aires around the CapeHeathrow to Madrid, Madrid to Chile 13.5 hours. Overnight Santiago Intercontinental Hotel. Embark cruise ship the Emerald Princess in Valparaiso.
Port of Call Puerto Montt
[img=http:/ Posted by Manninagh in Been there, done that | May 6, 2014
- Vicuna, Chile: Star gazing in the Elqui ValleyWednesday 19th March - 23rd March 2014
It was a loooooong bus journey but we eventually arrived in La Serena in the early evening.
The Elqui Valley is well known for it's clear night skies. It's the ideal location for some star Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 4, 2014
- Santiago, Chile: Painting the town green Friday 14th March - Wednesday 19th March 2014
We arrived in Santiago in the early afternoon and hopped in a taxi to take us to [[http://www.happyhousehostel.com/|Happy House Hostel]]. A pretty cool hostel. It's a huge old house, perfectly restor Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 3, 2014
- North to South in one Large Swoop
Hola family and friends!
First of all, I must apologize for the length of this blog - I lost my journal on the bus ride to Iguazu Falls so I think I wrote this one more for m Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Apr 27, 2014
- ¡Felices Pascuas! Ich wünsche allen Frohe Ostern!!
Ich "feiere" auch meinen zweiten Chile-Aufenthalts-Geburtstag heute...so schnell gehts und die ersten beiden Monate sind schon wieder vorbei. Und wie ich festgestellt habe war ich im vergangenen Monat etwas nachlässig, Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- Maitencillo, Chile: Sun chasing halted in its tracksTuesday 11th - Friday 14th March 2014
The next morning we got some instructions from the friendliest receptionist ever on where to catch a collectivo to our next destination. Collectivos are a mix between a taxi and a bus. A mini-bus Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Apr 14, 2014
- Valparaiso, Chile: A visual sensation[b][i]At this point we are very behind with the blog. We're in Bolivia at the moment and the wifi has been poor to non-exisitant. This post is about Valparaiso, one of our favourite cities to date. It was written weeks Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Apr 14, 2014
- Southern PatagoniaIn contrary with the last few “advanced” bookings issue we had in Ecuador and Peru, Chile started perfectly unplanned just how I like it :)
[float=right][/float]After a sleepless nig Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Apr 9, 2014
- Some more of SantiagoGrève des Correos de Chile.
La boulangerie du coin.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/large_DSC Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Apr 9, 2014
- The city of Santiago to the world´s driest desertHola Amigos!!!
Well, this has been a long time coming.
Hopefully everyone is well and 2014 is going great so far. I was just saying today it definitely doesn’t feel like 4 months since I left! The girls (Hailey – I met Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Dec 11, 2013