- San"hattan"I am wrestling with what to call this blog. We are nearing the end of our adventure with one more day left in Chile. Yesterday we spent our last time in the Atacama (the skies never did clear Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Mar 3, 2017
- "Common Sense is not so Common"I can’t believe we are nearing the end of this adventure. I won’t lie I miss my dogs (thanks Mom & Dad for looking after them) and everyone at home but this has been an incredible journey. Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Mar 1, 2017
- The Tropic of Capricorn The staff at Alto Atacama provide the best service I think I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. All of them over-the-top friendly and personable. So yesterday the excursion leader convinced Ger and I to take on Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 28, 2017
- Calama”Tea” TimeFirst, editorial correction (thank you and if anyone catches others I encourage you to correct me.) caught a mistake; “burly bits” is actually “bergy bits” which makes far more sense for small ice bergs (although, burly bits sounds cute). Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 27, 2017
- Atacama Desert (Desierto de Atacama)Today was a great travel day. Staying at the airport (literally the Holiday Inn is connected to the terminal) last night made for a leisurely morning and no stress on timing for check-in for our two-hour flight to Calama. Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 26, 2017
- Winner of the BrownieYesterday was a complete down day for me, I read a book and didn’t disembark on either the morning or afternoon option. It was lovely. At dinner we met an Aussie lady, who claimed she was the brownie Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 25, 2017
- Ushuaia “The End of the Earth”My birthday evening continued far too long into the night but was incredibly fun. The bartenders have stopped serving us by the glass and now just drop off a bottle (which is really only 4 glasses ☺). Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 25, 2017
- Feb 20th "Alluvial Plain"The evening consisted of an introduction to Glaciers and in particular the Pia Glacier as part of our briefing for tomorrow’s excursion. The guides aboard are very knowledgeable and the presentation on glaciers and climate change was fascinating. Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Happy Birthday from the Horn!Pretty cool to ring in my next 365-day journey around the sun by an early morning landing on Cape Horn. Turns out we don’t head to Ushuaia today but tomorrow.
Yesterday was pretty spectacular; we headed out in Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- First Full Day at Sea!After an active evening (mainly drinking at the bar) of socializing and meeting other Canadians aboard the morning came quickly. Breakfast is served from 8-9 and immediately following we had our first excursion, a leisurely nature walk at Ainsworth Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- “Mistakes are made at the end of the earth”We closed off the night in Punta Arenas with a sampling of local faire (lamb, King Crab and salmon) followed by a nightcap at Shackleton’s Bar. We were the only patrons and the bartender gave us a bunch of Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Feb 17 - THE GLACIERS OF THE BEAGLE CHANNEL, CHILE
We have come to where we can see glaciers as we sail the Beagle Channel.
W Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 19, 2017
- Día de ViajeToday we started early, very early, 6:30 am pick-up to head back towards Santiago and catch our 10:30 am flight to Punta Arenas. Doesn't sound that bad but given last night we stumbled across the best little pizza place Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 17, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityAfter a quite day on the ship, we left Punta Arenas and headed to sea.
We were expecting some rougher weather as we left the Straits of Magellan heading out to the open ocean Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 17, 2017
- We are the Millers or MolinerosI have to stop starting the blogs with what day it, first because they are starting to blur together (and yes it is likely due to the fact we are single handily boosting the Chile wine industry) and second my Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 16, 2017
- AgradecidoHappy belated Valentine's Day! We were so wrapped up in Vino Tinto we kind of forgot it was Valentine's Day until we went out for dinner last night. Our travel mates found a fantastic Italian place just down Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 16, 2017
- Feb 16 - PUNTA ARENAS, CHILE (Day 2)
What’s this, you ask? Answer to come.
Local knitters and crafters display Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 16, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityWe arrived in Punta Arenas this morning and tied up at a pier, so no tender required! Punta Arenas (or Sandy Point in English) is the capital city of Chile's southernmost region, Magallanes and Antartica Chilena. The city was Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 16, 2017
- Feb 15 - PUNTA ARENAS, CHILE (Day 1)
Our last stop in Chile is in the only city on the 300 mile Strait of Magellan. Tug boats are waiting to help us dock, but luckily there are no winds today. Sunrise tod Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 15, 2017
- Buen díaAs our traveling buddy Mr. Molinero exclaimed this morning it is hard to decipher whether this is Day Two or Day Three, I am going with Day Two. As predicted last evening the Molineros did not make it out Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 14, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityAs Valentine's Day dawned we continued our sea transit towards the Straits of Magellan. The crew did an excellent job decorating the ship, and, in addition to the excellent enrichment seminars that were conducted, the ship hosted a special Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2017
- Back homeAfter a very bumpy flight across the Atlantic, not at all unlike driving along the Carretera Austral, we're now back home. And tomorrow it's back to work for me.
Next stop, in five years' time or so: Argentinian Patagonia along Ruta Posted by FierceOrc in Chile 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 13-14 - CRUISING CHILEAN FJORDS & STRAIT OF MAGELLANVALENTINE'S DAY
Happy Valentine's Day, friends and family!
Great day Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 14, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenitySeveral hours after we left port we entered the open Southern Pacific, where we spent the night being somewhat tossed and turned with 20 foot seas. We slept, but not that well. Late in the morning we entered Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2017
- Buen viajeDisclaimer: don't judge me (or do I don't care) by the missed words and spelling mistakes, I try and I am sorry, I know I am not a literally genius and I generally pen these entries after a couple "beverages"... Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 13, 2017