- Last Day on Easter IslandToday was our last day at the centerpiece of our journey, Easter Island.
The four of us were ready to board a tender at 8 a.m. We did have to wait a short while but before 9 a.m. we had Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- Full Day at Easter IslandWe will spend the entire day on Easter Island, with the four of us exploring on our own.
After breakfast, we headed to the Marina auditorium for our tender tickets. Unfortunately, because quite a few passengers on the ship signed Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- Arrival at Easter IslandToday was the day we have all been waiting for...our arrival at Easter Island, said to be the most remote inhabited place in the world.
By mid-morning we were able to make our the tiny silhouette of the island on Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- SmallvilleI'm one year older and the adventure continues.
Chile is the mirror image of the West Coast in the United States. Patigonia is Chile's Alaska; cold, beautiful and mysterious. The North is a high altitude version of Death Valley. Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Oct 16, 2013
- Northern ChileLa Serena and the Elqui Valley (27th August - 29th August)
Spent a very relaxing couple of days in La Serena and the Elqui Valley. La Serena had a very laid back atmosphere, and loads of really nice churches and Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Oct 2, 2013
- Chasing shadows around Santiago
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Sep 29, 2013
- Penguins, Patigonia and PukingWe are back from vacation and will be moving to the beach side town of Curanipe in a few days. Life is rough.
Since leaving Santiago two weeks ago, we have seen more of Chile than most Chileans see in Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Sep 27, 2013
- A quick trip to SantiagoFollowing our 2 bag snatches in Calama, we were unsure as to where to go next, having missed the bus to Santiago in order to report the second theft to the police. That and the bus tickets were in the Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 21, 2013
- A quick breakfast and then it's off again!It was check out day and off to Buenos Aires back via Santiago. It was going to be another long day with an expected arrival time barring any delays of about 2am. Nothing like a restful holiday for busy Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- A sunrise experience on Easter IslandIt would have been a shame to come so far and not experience a sunrise over the Easter Island Moai. We can sleep in anytime.
Picked up at 7.30am with the weather slightly overcast with broken cloud. We'd had rain during Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Time to exploreWe had arranged for our tours before leaving Oz. My research found that a Scotsman living permanently on the Island had studied the dialect, history and culture. James Grant-Peterkin is the founder and operator of Easter Island Spirit Tours; he Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Easter IslandSet the alarm for an early start, double checked by placing a wake up and set our watch alarm. The flight departs at 0915 and we needed to be at the airport at 0700. It was dark, the weather was Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Off to Chile? Leave your valuables at home.Midnight, Thursday 12th September
Having almost missed the night bus from Iquique to Calama, we kind of wish we had.....
3am we had our first encounter with the police when everyone is kicked off the bus for their bags to be scanned Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 16, 2013
- Chile - yet it's the warmest place we've been?After our Uyuni salt flats tour, we took a transfer to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile,
San Pedro de Atacama
Sunday 8th September
San Pedro de Atacama is a small town in the dessert. It is hot and dusty. Our hostel had a Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 14, 2013
- A day visit to ValparaisoA first case of jet lag. Our most recent long trips have not resulted in us getting any effect of jet lag but this time we know what it is. Had a granny nap yesterday afternoon and a disturb sleep Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 13, 2013
- Sydney to Santiago via AucklandNow that was a long flight. Sitting in the lounge at Santiago Intercontinental reflecting on the trip 22 hours and having a gin and tonic. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. The sun is still up here and it's 8pm, Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 12, 2013
- Civil Unrest If you turn on CNN in the US, I'm sure they are talking about Syria, the anniversary of 9/11 or Miley Cyrus (seriously what is going on with that Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Sep 11, 2013
- Punta Arenas, ChileWaking up at 5am and setting off to the bus station ready to go to Punta Arenas, which we were told by the hostel worker "Is so beautiful", was not an easy task. We first had to collect one set Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 6, 2013
- South ChilePucon (18th August - 22nd August)
Pucon is one of the more touristy towns in the Chilean Lakes District. It is situated on the banks of Lake Villarica with the Villarica volcano looming over the town. Given it was such a Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Sep 5, 2013
- Santiago and ValparaisoSo we are finally on the last leg of our tour, South America! Although still looking forward to hopefully another 6 months of travelling before we get that final flight home...
Santiago (13th August - 15th August)
Arrived in Santiago from Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Sep 5, 2013
- Santiago, Chile
So Santiago saw the start of our trip and a well planned reunion for Kate and I; arriving only half an hour apart from different sides of the world. We were only here for three nights and so u Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 5, 2013
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Aug 29, 2013
- La SerenaEtape suivante : La Serena, ou nous arrivons après 7h de bus.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/50 Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Aug 27, 2013
- L'île de ChiloéL'Irlande sans la Guinness mais avec des maisons sur pilotis et des églises jaunes!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/DSCF Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Aug 23, 2013
- ValparaisoApres environ 2 heures de bus nous arrivons à Valparaiso, la ville arc en ciel, dont les vieux funiculaires bringuebalants (ou ascensores) partent obstinément à l’assaut de ses 45 collines.
Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Aug 20, 2013