- San Pedro de Atacama, Chile: A rugged oasis in the desert Saturday 29th - Monday 31March 2014
It was another scenic bus journey. More climbing narrow winding roads carved out of the mountains. We travelled some of the road we would have had we rented a car and the scenery was beautiful. Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 8, 2014
- Protests, parades and pidgin... all in a Santiago weekWe arrived in Santiago on a late Sunday morning, the streets were quiet so it was hard to get an immediate sense of the city. We had been told it is one of South America's most westernised cities with a Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 7, 2014
- Vicuna, Chile: Star gazing in the Elqui ValleyWednesday 19th March - 23rd March 2014
It was a loooooong bus journey but we eventually arrived in La Serena in the early evening.
The Elqui Valley is well known for it's clear night skies. It's the ideal location for some star Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 4, 2014
- Santiago, Chile: Painting the town green Friday 14th March - Wednesday 19th March 2014
We arrived in Santiago in the early afternoon and hopped in a taxi to take us to [[http://www.happyhousehostel.com/|Happy House Hostel]]. A pretty cool hostel. It's a huge old house, perfectly restor Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 3, 2014
- North to South in one Large Swoop
Hola family and friends!
First of all, I must apologize for the length of this blog - I lost my journal on the bus ride to Iguazu Falls so I think I wrote this one more for m Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Apr 27, 2014
- ¡Felices Pascuas! Ich wünsche allen Frohe Ostern!!
Ich "feiere" auch meinen zweiten Chile-Aufenthalts-Geburtstag heute...so schnell gehts und die ersten beiden Monate sind schon wieder vorbei. Und wie ich festgestellt habe war ich im vergangenen Monat etwas nachlässig, Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- Maitencillo, Chile: Sun chasing halted in its tracksTuesday 11th - Friday 14th March 2014
The next morning we got some instructions from the friendliest receptionist ever on where to catch a collectivo to our next destination. Collectivos are a mix between a taxi and a bus. A mini-bus Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Apr 14, 2014
- Valparaiso, Chile: A visual sensation[b][i]At this point we are very behind with the blog. We're in Bolivia at the moment and the wifi has been poor to non-exisitant. This post is about Valparaiso, one of our favourite cities to date. It was written weeks Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Apr 14, 2014
- Southern PatagoniaIn contrary with the last few “advanced” bookings issue we had in Ecuador and Peru, Chile started perfectly unplanned just how I like it :)
[float=right][/float]After a sleepless nig Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Apr 9, 2014
- Some more of SantiagoGrève des Correos de Chile.
La boulangerie du coin.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/large_DSC Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Apr 9, 2014
- The city of Santiago to the world´s driest desertHola Amigos!!!
Well, this has been a long time coming.
Hopefully everyone is well and 2014 is going great so far. I was just saying today it definitely doesn’t feel like 4 months since I left! The girls (Hailey – I met Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Dec 11, 2013
- 'Nous travaillons à la maintenance de cette station'Du noir et blanc, de la couleur, des graffitis, un show de danse irlandaise, un gars qui regarde pas au bon endroit.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/large_DSCF1257.j Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Mar 28, 2014
- Oye weon, terminamos y lo pasmos chancho! This is going to be my last blog from Chile. I would say that you can now return to reading the New York Times or watching The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills (Mom :)), but we leave for Peru soon Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Mar 28, 2014
- Pucon, Chile: Climbing Volcan VillarricaWednesday 5th - Saturday 8th March 2014
The bus pulled into Pucon in the early evening when the sun was still shining and as we walked from the station to our hostel (wondering how everyone else seemed to have a map) Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Mar 28, 2014
- PichilemuEinen wunderschönen guten Abend,
Woche Nummero vier ist mittlerweile in der Arbeit angebrochen - vergangenes Wochenende bin ich allerdings wieder ein bisschen aus Santiago geflüchtet und hab mich an die Küste knapp 4h mit dem Bus von der Stadt entfernt Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Mar 25, 2014
- Caleta Tortel, "El pueblo que no toca el suelo".Caleta Tortel c'est loin de Santiago. Pardonnez moi, Caleta Tortel, c'est a la chucha de Santiago, et encore l'expression n'est pas assez forte pour décrire l'éloignement dont je parle. C'est pas loin dans le sens "Chérie tu peux faire le Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Mar 24, 2014
- Our Final stop in South America - SantiagoWe first stopped in Santiago on our way to Punta Arenas, where we took the bus down to Torres del Paine. Our second visit was on the way back from Torres and also to be our final stop before our Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 18, 2014
- Never make plans on holidaysIl y'avait un plan, et bien sur rien ne s'est passé comme prévu. Le plan c'était : "On laisse les vélos à Coihayque, on part en stop dans le sud, on se sépare en deux groupes de deux pour que Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Mar 17, 2014
- 1 Monat Chile - Arbeit und Valparaíso¡Buenas tardes!
Meine ersten beiden Arbeitswochen sind rum und ein kleiner Wochenendtrip hat sich auch eingeschlichen...Zeit für einen Blogeintrag. (Heute hab ich festgestellt, dass ich schon fast ein Monat hier in Chile bin…nicht nachvollziehbar für Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Mar 16, 2014
- Puerto Varas: The start of the Chilean Lake District Tuesday 25th to Thursday 28th February 2014
We landed in Puerto Montt to blue skies and sunshine. We were facing a couple of weeks of exploring with no big activities and it was hard to shift our mindset into just relaxing. Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Punta Arenas, Chile: End of the world Sunday 23rd - Tuesday 25th February 2014
Leaving Puerto Natales to travel further was strange. We both felt like we had seen and done so much that it was like the end of an incredible holiday and it was time to Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Torres del Paine: Our first and last bus tour!Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd February 2014
After the kayaking, I again found myself broken. I had to pop a couple of ibuprofen for the pains in my wrists when we got back to the hostel that night but luckily the Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Trekking in Torres del Paine, Patagonia
We arrived in the national park in Patagonia early in the afternoon each carrying a backpack with all the kit we needed for the trek including tents, stove, food and sleeping bags which came to Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 13, 2014
- Pisco ElquiPisco Elqui is a valley a couple of hours inland from La Serena. La Serena had the sea breeze which made it feel slightly cooler but Pisco Elqui was very warm and green. We spent a few days there exploring Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 12, 2014
- La SerenaLa Serena was 7 hours north of Valparaiso and here we spent a few days chilling out in the hostel garden with Tiger, the kitten. We also went to the market to try some of the tasty seafood. I was Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 12, 2014