- Christmas & bringing in the New Year in ChileHappy New Year!
We left you last in La Serena on Christmas Eve. We spent 3 nights at this coastal town in Chile before departing south on Boxing Day. We found La Serena not to have that much of Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Jan 8, 2013
- Our last country: ChileTrying our best to ignore our looming departure date of 7th January we had grand plans of lying on a beach, savouring our last days of South American cuisine and enjoying a lazy week before we returned to a new Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Jan 6, 2013
- ChileJust a quick one to say am still alive. I´m not sure how this happened (I think it must be Antons fault) but have ended up in the Atacama desert. I wasnt planning to go to Chile but having been Posted by Stockwelljonny in Project Escape Winter 2012 | Jan 1, 2013
- SantiagoSantiago - The Dream is Over
Overnight Stays: Somewhere between Panama & Santiago; Santiago
DW - What annoys me most about dreams is that you never find out what happens in the end, you always wake up and reality hits your tired Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Dec 29, 2012
- Day 72 and 73 : ValdiviaWe arrived by bus from Pucon at the beginning of afternoon. We directly went in the hostel to drop our stuff and asked the owner what we could do before going to visit the brewery. She told us that we Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 26, 2012
- Day 68 to 71 : PuconWe arrived early in Pucon after our night bus, we went directly to the town and looked for a hostel. We found one not too expensive and could get a better price because we were staying more than three days. Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 26, 2012
- Northern Argentina and into ChileWe have covered a fair bit of distance since our last entry, travelling up further north in Argentina before heading west into Chile and making our way south from there. We´ll pick things up in Tilcara where we ventured Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Dec 24, 2012
- Chile, el Norte y el CentroArriving at the border way past their opening hour the migration and customs official were ready to help but the dude from the agricultural check proved uncooperative and suggested I should sleep in my car in this no man's land Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Dec 17, 2012
- Torres Del Paine to Rio Grande==7th December – Torres Del Paine to Puerto Natales 99km / 1246 climbing==
It seems like Patagonia is in catch-up mode with a smashing wind during the night, but my tent is good. (I bought it for this trip with these Posted by TheWandera in Malcolm's Andean Mountain Bike Adventure | Dec 16, 2012
- Day 64 to 67 : ValparaisoWe arrived in Valparaiso from La Serena at around 9pm, the night was starting to fall. The bus ride had been really nice, we had such a great view on very nice landscape. Looking at the map of Valparaiso, I Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 15, 2012
- Day 63 and 64 : La SerenaWe arrived early in the morning from San Pedro de Atacama with a night bus. We quickly went to a hostel that we booked the day before, had a shower, breakfast and were ready to go to visit the Elqui Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 14, 2012
- Day 60 to 62 : San Pedro de AtacamaWe arrived in San Pedro de Atacama around midday and went directly to a hostel that Jenna recommended us. It was perfect they had a last room available. But when we went back to the reception to ask for the Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 13, 2012
- Atacama - the most beautiful landscape ever!My experience at Atacama desert was almost spiritual. I have never seen some landscape like that and I’d like to share with you folks part of this amazing experience.
When you reach Calama – the entrance city in Atacama area Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Dec 12, 2012
- El Calafate to Torres Del Paine NP
==3rd December – El Calafate to bush camp 126km / 1393m climbing==
We were told ‘The wind in Patagonia always blows from the west.’ Heading east this morning we were therefore sur Posted by TheWandera in Malcolm's Andean Mountain Bike Adventure | Dec 10, 2012
- Rancagua, Santa Cruz and Pichelemu.......So back to Santiago for the day to pick up the papers for Gonzallo. Followed by a night n the pisco with the Footsteps crew. Then offski stravenofski. We decided to stop over at a Termas on the way to Posted by adamada in Turning the page | Dec 8, 2012
- Kid Interviews II===The Kids Shed Some Light on Their Experience in Patagonia . . .===
Patagonia Torres del Paine Trek (Chile) November 2012
[img=h Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Nov 28, 2012
- Santiago Photos[img=http://photos. Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Nov 25, 2012
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, CarmenereWe wake up early to have a quick continental breakfast before our private tour of Chile's wine country. Our tour guide from Santiago Adventures—Chris—picks us up promptly at 9 and takes us an hour northeast of Santiago to the Aconcagua Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 22, 2012
- Valparaiso, Olmué, Maintencillo Valparaiso, the beautiful city by the sea.
A city that oozes character.
A city that the cruise ships have decided is worth a stop off to give their passengers a taste of South American charm.
A city split into two, cool Posted by adamada in Turning the page | Nov 24, 2012
12000km away from everyday life. Ready for an adventure.
It all started with a white knuckled taxi ride as our driver cut up traffic like the butcher of Santiago. Dealing out hearty helping of the horn and dishing out Posted by adamada in Turning the page | Nov 24, 2012
- Adios to the MagallanesWe wake up to a bright sunny, morning—realizing that it's only 5 a.m. The longer days of the austral summer are in full effect here at the end of South America.
We have a continental breakfast and check out of our Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 22, 2012
- Patagonia just keeps getting better==15th November Bariloche to El Bolson 123km / 1289m climbing==
We left Bariloche in the same direction that we’d travelled yesterday in the minibus, but the difference was that I could stop and take a photo if I wanted to. Nice Posted by TheWandera in Malcolm's Andean Mountain Bike Adventure | Nov 22, 2012
- Los PingüinosWe wake up to a cloudy, chilly day, the first we've had since arriving at Cerro Guido. The walk to the restaurant for breakfast is brutal and windy; the hills just above the guest house have a layer of snow Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 21, 2012
- Fire and IceAfter a late breakfast, we drive back to Torres del Paine one last time so we can explore a section of park that we haven't made it to yet. Once again, the weather is beautiful—sunny with just a slight wind, Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 20, 2012
- Patagonian Penguins
We couldn´t possibly journey all the way to the southern edge of Chile (a mere stone´s throw from Antartica) without seeking out a real penguin experience! ¡No problema! The peng Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Nov 20, 2012