- Patagonian Penguins
We couldn´t possibly journey all the way to the southern edge of Chile (a mere stone´s throw from Antartica) without seeking out a real penguin experience! ¡No problema! The peng Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Nov 20, 2012
- The Highs and Lows of Chilean TravelWe wake up and have breakfast a little after 7:30. We have scheduled a two-hour horseback riding excursion through the hills and steppe of Cerro Guido with a gaucho and one of the girls who works at the front desk, Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 19, 2012
- SantiagoWe arrive in Santiago after our last bus journey (To be fair I actually really enjoyed the buses - got to see so much of the country that way). We manage to work out the Metro and take the underground Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 18, 2012
- The Winds of PatagoniaWe sleep in until 8 and have breakfast in view of the mighty towers that we just yesterday hiked to. Our muscles still ache and our knees are sore when they bend, so we decide to take a leisurely drive Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 18, 2012
- All Good Things are Wild and FreeWe wake up a little after 6 to a bright, sunny morning—which is rare in Patagonia. We enjoy a breakfast of meats and cheeses, baked goods, and cereal, as well as fresh orange juice and strawberry juice. Torres del Paine Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 18, 2012
- Connecting to Chile
[[http://startupchile.org/chile/latam-hub/|Chile will become the entrepreneurial and innovation hub of Latin America by 2014]] Posted by JNO-RTW in JNO ROUND THE WORLD | Nov 17, 2012
- The Edge of the WorldThursday is a frenzy of repacking our bags, checking out of Mana Nui and then flying back to Santiago. Before our shuttle arrives to take us to the airport, Matt runs into town to get our passports stamped with a Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 16, 2012
- The History and Mystery of the MoaiToday we have decided we want to gain a deeper understanding of the history of Easter Island and what the civilization was like during the age of the moai. We book a private tour of the island with a guide Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 14, 2012
- Fear and Magic in the DarkWe wake up at 8 and head to the breakfast room for cereal, meats and cheeses, rolls, kiwi and papaya. We sit next to Jenny and Martin, who say that they are going to try a diving tour since yesterday Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 14, 2012
- Man's Best Friend (Even Just for a Day)Promptly at sunrise, we are awoken by the crowing of roosters but roll around in a sleepy daze until breakfast. The morning is clear and warm considering the strong winds overnight—we could hear the palm fronds battling each other until Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 12, 2012
- The Navel of the WorldWe wake up to a sunny morning after a sound night's sleep, and go downstairs for breakfast. Because our flight to Easter Island (or Isla de Pascua) is at 1:35 p.m., we don't really have time to do any more Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 11, 2012
- Bella Vistas in the Urban JungleAfter a good night's sleep, we wake up at 8 and slowly get ready for the day. We head downstairs to the breakfast area—which is a bright sun room that looks out onto the courtyard—for a buffet-style breakfast of waffles, Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 10, 2012
- Rapa NuiWe departed on Nov 1 and finally arrived on Rapa Nui, Easter Island, on Nov 4th. We took LAN from Lima to Easter Island, which landed around 7am and after the outdoor immigration line… we were met by driver Posted by samandjet in Travel here and there | Nov 10, 2012
- Between the Montana and the Mar5,117 miles.
That's how far away from home we are, and it certainly feels like it!
Look on a map of the Americas and you will see that a flight to Santiago, Chile is certainly not an easy one; it is Posted by GoWander in Chile | Nov 9, 2012
- Day 3 Travel to Vina del MarToday start with a good and light breakfast at Hotel Orly. We took a taxi to the bus stop were we met Angela and Tim from Australia. They were headed to Vina del Mar for the day before Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 6, 2012
- Day 2 in SantiagoToday was walking the city to feel the vibe. Wow what a big city. We ended up on the double decker bus to see the whole city and to get some reference points. I would recommend this Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 5, 2012
- Santiago - ChileThe goal of this blog is to share my travel experiences with Friends and Family. The good, bad and everything in-between. I'm planned to have some gear and travel advice, along with the way I see places, cities and Posted by B4Root in Chile and Peru | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaToday, Carol and Jolie took a horseback riding lesson in the morning on cantering. Then in the afternoon we took a cactus walk through the rock canyon. It was a very active walk over fallen rock, across streams Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaThis morning we went on a horseback ride over the dunes. It was mainly walking, but we trotted here and there. In the afternoon Carol and Jolie went on a bike ride to swim in the salt lake, Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaToday we took a sand dune hike in the morning. We hiked up to a flat rocky piece of land to see an old fort. Then we hiked down a big sand dune all the way to the Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- Santiago to San Pedro de AtacamaToday we flew from Santiago to the Atacama Desert and drove to our lodge Explora Atacama-Hotel de Larache.
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- SantiagoOur third day in Santiago we ran some errands and had lunch at the mall. On our fourth and last day we went to too of the smaller towns named Valparaíso and Viña del Mar. We walked around Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- SantiagoOur first day in Santiago we hung out in our room and relaxed. Ahhhh! On our second day we visited the statue of the Virgin Mary and some churches. They were very beautiful! The wood Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- Wild and Beautiful - Part TwoIt´s funny how all the islands we have visited around the globe seem to have one common factor. No one is in a hurry, life passes by at a much slower pace, people seem to be much more content and Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Nov 1, 2012
- Bariloche to SantiagoToday we took a two hour plane flight to Santiago, the capital of Chile. Just like the Corcovado looks over Rio de Janeiro, Virgin Mary looks over Santiago.
[img=http: Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 24, 2012