- Beyond on the Pacific Ocean and the Colchagua ValleyThe second third of our time with our friends took us to Vina del Mar in Renaca.
For a day trip we visited the beautiful town of Zapallar (Montecito on the ocean). Here Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 28, 2013
- The chic in Santiago and beyondThanks to our extraordinary friends, Marcela and Sergio, we saw the best of the city. There knowledge is profound as to the history, culture, and politics of their country. Add to this that Marcela is an excellent cook Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 27, 2013
- Sunday 26 th.Still on our way to Port Stanley. Still on watches. Yesterday was a bit of a blur really, literally just getting up, going on watch, then sleeping again , then the next watch comes around very quickly.
Let me Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Friday 24 th I have heard of our seasons in one day, never 4 sets of emotions. I will be sad to leave this place, it gets under your skin. We have enjoyed meeting the people of Puerto Williams, there was Cotcha Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Thursday 23rdWe left our diversion anchorage and made way to Puerto Williams. The day in port was spent cooking , cleaning and restocking the boat for our departure tomorrow for the Falklands. The party postponed from last night was rearranged for Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Last Stop in South AmericaWe've spent the last week in Santiago not doing an awful lot to be honest. Its an ace city that reminds us both of London. Really busy streets and lots going on. We've been on a couple of walks and Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | May 25, 2013
- Leaving PW for the FalklandsDoctor Tom prepares the lines in the middle of a snow storm as we prepare to leave Chile for the Falklands
The team assemble to leave:
Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 24, 2013
- Patagonia anchorage Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- School's Out (for winter)Day 9
More yachtmaster instruction today. As you may have noticed from the photos posted we are in the local museum for the course. The place is a little chilly, we are sat in full thermals, hats and coats keeping warm Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- Santiago Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 20, 2013
- In trainingDay 6
Finally the time has come to get on the boat!
Thankfully the husband of the lady who runs the hostel (Pablo) is able to run us down to the dock with our 'excess baggage'.
Wow what a vessel Pelagic is, turns Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- Brushing up on nav' skills Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- The crew get jolly whilst winter arrives on Pelagic Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- Santiago, Chile (8th - 13th May)We got 2 buses to the airport in Montevideo, which was a bit of a hassle I guess, though not hugely so - plus it was a lot cheaper than getting a taxi. The flight to Chile was then only Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 14, 2013
- Santiago In Santiago, we went to a really big park. We liked the park and met friends there that spoke some Spanish and some English. We also went to a fish market. The fish there was pretty good. We stayed in Posted by James07 in Learning Through Exploring | Mar 30, 2013
- Chile, Through the YearsSantiago, Chile
Major Overview of Major Events in Chile Over the Years:
1520: Ferdinand Magellan is the first European to even see Chile
1541: Pedro de Valdivia founds the capital, Santiago
Some time later...
1879-1883: Chile fights again Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Mar 29, 2013
- Salar de Uyuni #1 - April 14, 2013
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/385629/3F4055B32219AC6817CC5F5023ED0FF Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 14, 2013
- Day 2Day 2
Claire's happy Chilean airlines serve tea, albeit with powdered milk!
Approach to Santiago the lower end of the Andes somewhat obscured by low cloud but the higher mountains sticking out appear shockingly barren - brown desert like and very dr Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 8, 2013
- Santiago - ChileGot into Santiago airport at 11:30 pm and we were pretty well stuffed. On the trip we got the usual ham and cheeses sandwich, which was pretty disappointing as we had missed dinner whilst we had a quick changeover in Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | May 6, 2013
- The Journey from HellSo after over a week in the lovely beach town of Iquique it was time to move on. We wanted to go back to Bolivia as it was much cheaper and there were a couple of places we missed out Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 24, 2013
- South America Round upThis is my round up of our last 8 weeks in South America.
Things I liked
Christ the Redeemer in Brazil was a great way to start the trip. It really was impressive but thinking back, I think looking at it Posted by andrewwaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 54Our last day in South America! Where has the last 8 weeks gone? It's been more amazing than I expected and I am more than a little sad to be leaving. But we have another few countries to go yet Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 52 & 53We've been having a relaxing time here in Santiago. Yesterday we explored the city a little, taking us to a beautiful cathedral where a ceremony was taking place. It sounds so much more interesting in Spanish!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5560 Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 16, 2013
- Valparaiso to Santiago - Day 51We arrived at our final destination in South America today, Santiago. A two hour bus journey and a short ride on the underground - which is a very nice underground! - we were in the city and only a few Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 14, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 50It was so hot today! And typically we started the day with a walk uphill! We went to see where the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda lived when he stayed in Valparaiso. Nice house with a great view!
[img Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 13, 2013