- Our big trip....the analysis
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the final chapter of this tour. After this analysis you wont hear from me again. So here it is our massive adventure crunched into numbers....enjoy
[b]17 Posted by chuddfi in And we are off... | Sep 2, 2012
The final bus trip of our journey to date was possibly the best. A magical trip across the Andes from Mendoza in Argentina through to Santiago in Chile was truly spectacular. Didnt feel like a bus ride at all. Posted by chuddfi in And we are off... | Sep 2, 2012
- San Pedro, Chile
After the rather long and arduous 15 hours bus ride from La Serena, we finally arrived into San Pedro de Atacama at 7pm. When Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 27, 2012
- La Serena, Chile
A Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 27, 2012
- San Pedro de AtacamaWe didnt get up to much in San Pedro de Atacama as most of the surrounding scenery we had already seen in the salt flats.
However San Pedro was a nice little town at the border of Chile, we Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Aug 26, 2012
- Everton Vina del Mar 2-0 San Antonio Unido Video diary from the 2nd leg of a cup game between Everton VDM and San Antonio Unido.
Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 19, 2012
- Valparaiso, Chile[img= Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 19, 2012
- Santiago, Chile[ Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 19, 2012
- FamiliarityWe seem to be taking turns these days; this week's musings are from Richard; we most certainly hope we can get Hannah involved here soon!
I have come to understand that most all Chileans are familiar with one another in Posted by Santiagoyears in The Santiago Years | Aug 12, 2012
- San Pedro de Atacama
After our wonderful few days travelling 4x4 through the Salar de Yuyuni we crossed the border and landed in the desert town of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. The little dirt roads were aligned with mud-brick shops, bars and restaurants Posted by chuddfi in And we are off... | Aug 12, 2012
- Tales from our journey to the bottom of the world.Tomorrow we begin the tedious 2 and a half day drive to Ushuaia – the southernmost city in the world. Pretty exciting to be heading this far south, and people are considering aplitting away from the group and heading to Posted by neekspencer in Dom takes on the Americas! | Aug 1, 2012
- Our long, unforgettable days on Moose begin...I travelled with Dave in the front seat for a while which was great, I has excellent views and we chatted for hours! I won’t go into details about Rachel’s vomit story, I guess it’s just for me to remember Posted by neekspencer in Dom takes on the Americas! | Aug 1, 2012
- Welcome to 2012!So it’s the last day of 2011, and Soph and I went shopping for shoes for me (I have only got thongs with holes worn through the heel) and got a nice leather pair from a little local market. We Posted by neekspencer in Dom takes on the Americas! | Aug 1, 2012
- Graffiti inspired hills, Santiago and 2011 coming to an end.There was a girl sitting in my seat when I got onto the bus; an Aussie chick, looks about my age, and sounds extremely fluey. Her name we later found out is Sophia, and she wasn’t impressed when I asked Posted by neekspencer in Dom takes on the Americas! | Aug 1, 2012
- The PlanThis week Richard says it all, for all of us:
Three weeks here and its crunch time. We move into our apartment this coming Wednesday and that is a really big day in the process of moving. It’s when Posted by Santiagoyears in The Santiago Years | Jul 29, 2012
- Santiago TimeThis has been a better week to be sure. On Wednesday Hannah and I were invited to lunch with an English speaking expat woman, followed by an afternoon of Bunco organized by a group of expats. Mind you, Posted by Santiagoyears in The Santiago Years | Jul 22, 2012
- Foreigner in a not so foreign land Oh what a week it has been. We arrived on Saturday morning July 7th about 8am, went through customs without a hitch, and the cab driver that was supposed to pick us up was there Posted by Santiagoyears in The Santiago Years | Jul 15, 2012
- Pichilemu and Santiago
The bus to Pichilemu was not as easy as we thought! There are not any direct buses so they kick you off outside a town called San Fernando at 3am on the motorway and point you in the general direction Posted by Lulu-Bug in Loz and Lulu's big World Adventure | Jul 8, 2012
- PuconWe arrived at Pucon to find the hostel owner waiting for us, South America still has its little surprises!!! The hostel was more like little log cabins in the Alpes, 3 bedrooms surrounding a living room with a little log Posted by Lulu-Bug in Loz and Lulu's big World Adventure | Jun 21, 2012
- ValparaisoThe journey across the border turned out to be another interesting one. After a beautiful drive through snowy mountains, we got turfed off the bus and into the freezing cold snow and started the rigmorale that is Chilean customs. Firstly, Posted by Lulu-Bug in Loz and Lulu's big World Adventure | Jun 21, 2012
- San Pedro de Atacama, ChileWe had our bus booked to collect us just outside Purmamarca´s village at 9am, which really meant 10.30am, I was really getting used to the timings of South Aerica, or should I say the very slow timimg of South America!
From Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Jun 7, 2012
- My dream tripI am now on my way to the brazil's airport so i can make my way to chile, my ticket costed me 500$ and the distance to chile from brazil was 3249 miles. i am flying on the jetsul plane Posted by Mr. Nikitovic in my dream trip around the world | Jun 1, 2012
- La SerenaHola!
After spending a few days in the Chilean capital we got back on the bus. This time we headed north to La Serena. After Santiago it is Chile's oldest city, founded in 1544.
The city is popular with tourists, Posted by CanWay in CanWay | May 31, 2012
- Lollapalooza in SantiagoHola!
After a fairly slow and relaxing few days in Valparaiso, we arrived in Santiago early in the morning. Over a third of Chile's inhabitants live in Santiago, and they like to say that "God is everywhere, but his office is Posted by CanWay in CanWay | May 28, 2012
After sipping wine in Mendoza for a couple of days it was time to leave Argentina. We got on the bus and made our way across the Andes into Chile. Our first stop was Valparaiso, a small port city just Posted by CanWay in CanWay | May 24, 2012