- I made it to Chile
Today I had a 6 hour busride to the border town of Tacna Peru. It was a pleasant enough ride.
Typical landscape o Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 4, 2013
- Chile...It’s been a short period in Chile, but a great one. After the long but comfortable trip from Lima to Arica, I explored the quiet and charming city. After watching a great sunset over the Pacific Ocean, I headed back Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Jan 28, 2013
- Atacama Experience - em português.Minha experiencia no Deserto do Atacama foi meio que espiritual. Lembro quando eu cheguei em Calama o frio que eu senti em perceber que estava no meio do nada e ainda tinha mais 1:30h de viagem pelo deserto até chegar Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Jan 27, 2013
- Day 90 to 94 : W trek, Torres del PaineAfter many and many discussions of where we should start the trek, east or west part, we decided to start it on the west side for two main reasons. The first is that our first night is New Year Eve Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 16, 2013
- Day 89 and 90 : Puerto NatalesWe arrived in the beginning of the afternoon in Puerto Natales from El Calafate. Our unique goal for the day was to prepare all the stuffs for the W trek that we were started the next day. So we headed Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 16, 2013
- Day 83 to 87 : Puerto NatalesWe arrived in our hostel after the Navimag and first thing we asked was if there were some places available for their Christmas Eve dinner. Luckily it was the case, so we directly emailed Elvira, Thomas and Benjamin (three Germans Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 14, 2013
- Day 80 to 83 : NavimagWe embarked from Puerto Montt in the Navimag ferry direction Puerto Natales. This is a four days, three nights trip, we left Friday at 4PM and arrived Monday at midday. We had a shared cabin on the boat (a private Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 12, 2013
- Pucon, ChileHow do you describe Pucon, Chile? Imagine a perfect little town on the edge of the most gorgeous lake surrounded by jagged tree covered mountains over which presides the enormous snow topped volcano of Villarica. It really is perfect.
[img=http://www.m Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 12, 2013
- Looders get LootedIt had to happen sooner of later, or did it?
We were so concerned about arriving in Lima the next day and how dodgy it was that we never really thought about arriving in Santiago, the capital of Chile, one of Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 11, 2013
- Day 78 to 80 : Puerto Varas and Puerto MonttWe arrived in the evening with the car from Chiloe in Puerto Varas, spent the night there and the next morning left to Puerto Montt in the morning with the bus. In Puerto Montt we relaxed as the city does Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 8, 2013
- Day 76 to 79 : ChiloeWe had booked a car for 3 days to explore the island of Chiloe, which is just south of Puerto Varas. We left from Puerto Varas in the morning and drove through Puerto Montt and after a bit more than Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 7, 2013
- Day 73 to 76 : Puerto VarasWe arrived during the afternoon in Puerto Varas, we knew that it wouldn’t be easy to find a hostel as we saw on internet that a lot of things were already booked. So Anna went to the tourism information centre Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 6, 2013
- Christmas & bringing in the New Year in ChileHappy New Year!
We left you last in La Serena on Christmas Eve. We spent 3 nights at this coastal town in Chile before departing south on Boxing Day. We found La Serena not to have that much of Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Jan 8, 2013
- Our last country: ChileTrying our best to ignore our looming departure date of 7th January we had grand plans of lying on a beach, savouring our last days of South American cuisine and enjoying a lazy week before we returned to a new Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Jan 6, 2013
- ChileJust a quick one to say am still alive. I´m not sure how this happened (I think it must be Antons fault) but have ended up in the Atacama desert. I wasnt planning to go to Chile but having been Posted by Stockwelljonny in Project Escape Winter 2012 | Jan 1, 2013
- SantiagoSantiago - The Dream is Over
Overnight Stays: Somewhere between Panama & Santiago; Santiago
DW - What annoys me most about dreams is that you never find out what happens in the end, you always wake up and reality hits your tired Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Dec 29, 2012
- Day 72 and 73 : ValdiviaWe arrived by bus from Pucon at the beginning of afternoon. We directly went in the hostel to drop our stuff and asked the owner what we could do before going to visit the brewery. She told us that we Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 26, 2012
- Day 68 to 71 : PuconWe arrived early in Pucon after our night bus, we went directly to the town and looked for a hostel. We found one not too expensive and could get a better price because we were staying more than three days. Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 26, 2012
- Northern Argentina and into ChileWe have covered a fair bit of distance since our last entry, travelling up further north in Argentina before heading west into Chile and making our way south from there. We´ll pick things up in Tilcara where we ventured Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Dec 24, 2012
- Chile, el Norte y el CentroArriving at the border way past their opening hour the migration and customs official were ready to help but the dude from the agricultural check proved uncooperative and suggested I should sleep in my car in this no man's land Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Dec 17, 2012
- Torres Del Paine to Rio Grande==7th December – Torres Del Paine to Puerto Natales 99km / 1246 climbing==
It seems like Patagonia is in catch-up mode with a smashing wind during the night, but my tent is good. (I bought it for this trip with these Posted by TheWandera in Malcolm's Andean Mountain Bike Adventure | Dec 16, 2012
- Day 64 to 67 : ValparaisoWe arrived in Valparaiso from La Serena at around 9pm, the night was starting to fall. The bus ride had been really nice, we had such a great view on very nice landscape. Looking at the map of Valparaiso, I Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 15, 2012
- Day 63 and 64 : La SerenaWe arrived early in the morning from San Pedro de Atacama with a night bus. We quickly went to a hostel that we booked the day before, had a shower, breakfast and were ready to go to visit the Elqui Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 14, 2012
- Day 60 to 62 : San Pedro de AtacamaWe arrived in San Pedro de Atacama around midday and went directly to a hostel that Jenna recommended us. It was perfect they had a last room available. But when we went back to the reception to ask for the Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Dec 13, 2012
- Atacama - the most beautiful landscape ever!My experience at Atacama desert was almost spiritual. I have never seen some landscape like that and I’d like to share with you folks part of this amazing experience.
When you reach Calama – the entrance city in Atacama area Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Dec 12, 2012