- PUERTO MONTT, CHILE
We have had amazing weather so far, but today there was wind and rain. We traveled inland to the town of Frutillar. German settlers in this area arrived in 1853, leavi Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 12, 2013
- A trip to see PenguinsTravel is rough on just about everything. From day 1 I have had problems with my prescription sunglass lens popping out, I have a rip on one of my hiking pants, and my clothes were dirty. So, Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 11, 2013
- hey everybody I used the car for travel in chile Peru Bolivia and Argentina
I traveled for six months
The car is in good shape I'll be in Santiago
In the 13/2/13
Thanks.. Posted by edih in sale a 4×4 car in santiago | Feb 11, 2013
- Punta ArenasIt was a quiet day here since the whole town of Punta Arenas apparently shuts down on Sundays. I am trying to hang in there with being patient as I am on the doorstep of some of the most Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 10, 2013
- VALPARISO, CHILE Part 2
Chile was settled by several countries. German Lutherans established a congregation and built a church in Valparaiso in 1897.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 10, 2013
- to Punta Arenas
In order to get down to Patagonia before it gets too cold, I decided to take a flight down to Punta Arenas from Arica, 3000 miles south. Thw flight was magnificent with mountain views Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 10, 2013
- VALPARAISO, CHILE Part 1
We arrived in Valparaiso at 7am, before the sun rose. Lights are scattered over the 45 hills of the city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/8E93E691221 Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 9, 2013
- Parque Nacional LaucaAfter 3 days of beach town life, I took a day tour to Parque Nacional Lauca on a castellano (Spanish language) tour. Finally, something to challange my language skills! I hadn't heard of Lauca until I bought a Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 8, 2013
- COQUIMBO, CHILE
Our stop in Coquimbo (the name means a place of "calm waters") was the first of our five stops in Chile. The Millennium Cross now towers over a town that was a favorit Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Feb 8, 2013
Now I really feel like I am in Chile. The port and border town in Chile was one of those places that kept me here awhile despite my growing itch to get down to Patagonia before it gets Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 7, 2013
- I made it to Chile
Today I had a 6 hour busride to the border town of Tacna Peru. It was a pleasant enough ride.
Typical landscape o Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Feb 4, 2013
- Chile...It’s been a short period in Chile, but a great one. After the long but comfortable trip from Lima to Arica, I explored the quiet and charming city. After watching a great sunset over the Pacific Ocean, I headed back Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Jan 28, 2013
- Atacama Experience - em português.Minha experiencia no Deserto do Atacama foi meio que espiritual. Lembro quando eu cheguei em Calama o frio que eu senti em perceber que estava no meio do nada e ainda tinha mais 1:30h de viagem pelo deserto até chegar Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Jan 27, 2013
- Day 90 to 94 : W trek, Torres del PaineAfter many and many discussions of where we should start the trek, east or west part, we decided to start it on the west side for two main reasons. The first is that our first night is New Year Eve Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 16, 2013
- Day 89 and 90 : Puerto NatalesWe arrived in the beginning of the afternoon in Puerto Natales from El Calafate. Our unique goal for the day was to prepare all the stuffs for the W trek that we were started the next day. So we headed Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 16, 2013
- Day 83 to 87 : Puerto NatalesWe arrived in our hostel after the Navimag and first thing we asked was if there were some places available for their Christmas Eve dinner. Luckily it was the case, so we directly emailed Elvira, Thomas and Benjamin (three Germans Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 14, 2013
- Day 80 to 83 : NavimagWe embarked from Puerto Montt in the Navimag ferry direction Puerto Natales. This is a four days, three nights trip, we left Friday at 4PM and arrived Monday at midday. We had a shared cabin on the boat (a private Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 12, 2013
- Pucon, ChileHow do you describe Pucon, Chile? Imagine a perfect little town on the edge of the most gorgeous lake surrounded by jagged tree covered mountains over which presides the enormous snow topped volcano of Villarica. It really is perfect.
[img=http://www.m Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 12, 2013
- Looders get LootedIt had to happen sooner of later, or did it?
We were so concerned about arriving in Lima the next day and how dodgy it was that we never really thought about arriving in Santiago, the capital of Chile, one of Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 11, 2013
- Day 78 to 80 : Puerto Varas and Puerto MonttWe arrived in the evening with the car from Chiloe in Puerto Varas, spent the night there and the next morning left to Puerto Montt in the morning with the bus. In Puerto Montt we relaxed as the city does Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 8, 2013
- Day 76 to 79 : ChiloeWe had booked a car for 3 days to explore the island of Chiloe, which is just south of Puerto Varas. We left from Puerto Varas in the morning and drove through Puerto Montt and after a bit more than Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 7, 2013
- Day 73 to 76 : Puerto VarasWe arrived during the afternoon in Puerto Varas, we knew that it wouldn’t be easy to find a hostel as we saw on internet that a lot of things were already booked. So Anna went to the tourism information centre Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 6, 2013
- Christmas & bringing in the New Year in ChileHappy New Year!
We left you last in La Serena on Christmas Eve. We spent 3 nights at this coastal town in Chile before departing south on Boxing Day. We found La Serena not to have that much of Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Jan 8, 2013
- Our last country: ChileTrying our best to ignore our looming departure date of 7th January we had grand plans of lying on a beach, savouring our last days of South American cuisine and enjoying a lazy week before we returned to a new Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Jan 6, 2013
- ChileJust a quick one to say am still alive. I´m not sure how this happened (I think it must be Antons fault) but have ended up in the Atacama desert. I wasnt planning to go to Chile but having been Posted by Stockwelljonny in Project Escape Winter 2012 | Jan 1, 2013