- Wild and Beautiful - Part OnePuerto Varas. A small town in Northern Patagonia, or Southern Chile, depending on how you are holding the atlas. A quaint, little place that has a faint scent of things passed. People greet each other in the street, cars stop Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 22, 2012
- ValparaisoSo we leave Pucon: after 10 nights it was like leaving home!! But we weren't alone as James and Tim were also going Valpo so we decided to not only get the bus with them but be room mates with Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 19, 2012
- day 38well last year i spent my birthday in Africa, this year I spent it in Arica. Interesting huh?
There wasn´t much to do in Iquique, the guys we met from the bonfire recommended going to pica where there were hot springs. Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 18, 2012
- Puerto Varas to San Carlos de BarilocheToday we drove five hours from Puerto Varas (and even saw a Dunkin' Donuts on the way!) to a boat port. We took a boat trip to an island where we hiked some trails and had some hot chocolate. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Puerto VarasThese two days we looked at an old German village to see how they used to live in the 17 and 1800's. We saw two of the seaside towns named Frutillar and Puerto Octay. We also saw a Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Torres del Paine National Park to Puerto VarasToday we flew to a small city called Puerto Varas. We drove 15 minutes to our hotel Casa Molino.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508035/DSC_5870.jpg Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 16, 2012
- Torres del PaineThis morning we went horseback riding. We took a two hour ride through the mountains and over the hills. The countryside is beautiful. In the afternoon we relaxed in our room.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508035/DSC_5742.jpg caption=Cliffs a Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 15, 2012
- day 35ugh I hate starting my blog entries because I always forget where I left off....
I think the last thing I wrote about was that we camped with Joel and Pau. So that morning we checked in at a Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 15, 2012
- PuconPucan: The Villarrica Volcano..
We arrive in Pucon at about 8pm get off the bus and one the opposite side of the road we see a BBQ party getting started in a hostel..... turns out it was our Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 13, 2012
- Como estasHola bonitas y guapos,
So here's entry two! It's currently Friday night (I suppose early Saturday morning) and I have an action packed weekend ahead! It's a long weekend in Chile this weekend so I've decided to get out of the Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Oct 12, 2012
- ValdiviaWe spent a night in Puerto Montt after the Navimag. Our Hostel was like a ladies house and we didnt really feel comfortable relaxing in the lounge. Next morning the weather was awful, continuous rain and grey skys... so we Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 12, 2012
- day 31We left kinky haus (the name of joel, pepe, alex, pau, and mauricios place) on monday. It was sad leaving :( the boys were so good to us, we had been there for about two weeks and they said Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 11, 2012
- Thieves in the NightLife is a road. For some of us it is an advebturous path that makes its way along beautiful waterfalls and mountains, their lonely footsteps and eerie silence around them sounding like music to their ears. For others it is Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 10, 2012
- Torres del PaineToday we hung out in the morning and did some laundry back at the room. We explored some trails a little bit too. In the afternoon we went on a horseback ride through the grassy fields of the Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 9, 2012
- Hola SudamericaHola amigos!
Greetings from Santiago. I haven't properly updated this since April, as I couldn't be bothered in Europe, but Uncle Brian urged me to keep it going - so here we go! It's currently Tuesday midday, and I've tried to Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Oct 9, 2012
- Torres del PaineToday in the morning we hiked five miles to see the famous three towers in the park. It seems like a long time, but it was cool! After the hike we saw the river and the little waterfall. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella Australis to Torres del Paine National Park Today in the morning we went to Magdalena Island and saw thousands of Magellan Penguins! The penguins didn't seem to like Dean very much and kept pecking him. I don't blame them! We disembarked the cruise in Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella AustralisToday we headed to Aguila Glacier. We hiked through the forest and right up to the glacier! It was amazing!
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella AustralisToday we got up early to go on an excursion to the VERY bottom of the world, Cape Horn! We explored the monuments and the lighthouse where a couple and their two kids live! In the afternoon we Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- Day OneWell day one is always toughest getting out of far away Stralia. 6am Mon 1 Oct we arrived at Brisane airport, dropped off by both our daughters with a few tears, first time our family will be apart for Posted by craigdpratt in South American Trip | Oct 7, 2012
- day 27Last time I checked in we were locked in the house. We're no longer trapped but we are still in the house, its so cold! ! The plan was to go camping in cajon del maipo yesterday and leave Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 7, 2012
- day 24Well we're back. We were going to stay in valpo til today but there wasn't too much to do and we figured it wasn't worth it to spend money on another night sober came back to Santiago last night. Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 4, 2012
- 4200km and Comatosed butt-cheeksAfter the celebrations of Chile’s Independence Day, and the BBQ fog that hung over Santiago for days after, it was time to leave the sanctuary of city life, strap on the backpack again, get into those comfortable boots we had Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 3, 2012
- Navimag Ferry - Peurto Natalies to Puerto Monttso eventually after lots of messing about - cancellations, delays etc etc we boarded the NaviMag Ferry. This trip had been reccomended to us by good and usually reliable friends (yes you know who you are Mr & Mrs Leeks) Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 2, 2012
- Puerto NatalesSo we headed down south for two reasons the Navimag Ferry experience and Torres Del Paine....nothing else to say about Puerto Natales other than it was bloody freezing and very windy until the last day!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/498865/584E Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 2, 2012