- Day 2Day 2
Claire's happy Chilean airlines serve tea, albeit with powdered milk!
Approach to Santiago the lower end of the Andes somewhat obscured by low cloud but the higher mountains sticking out appear shockingly barren - brown desert like and very dr Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 8, 2013
- Santiago - ChileGot into Santiago airport at 11:30 pm and we were pretty well stuffed. On the trip we got the usual ham and cheeses sandwich, which was pretty disappointing as we had missed dinner whilst we had a quick changeover in Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | May 6, 2013
- The Journey from HellSo after over a week in the lovely beach town of Iquique it was time to move on. We wanted to go back to Bolivia as it was much cheaper and there were a couple of places we missed out Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 24, 2013
- South America Round upThis is my round up of our last 8 weeks in South America.
Things I liked
Christ the Redeemer in Brazil was a great way to start the trip. It really was impressive but thinking back, I think looking at it Posted by andrewwaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 54Our last day in South America! Where has the last 8 weeks gone? It's been more amazing than I expected and I am more than a little sad to be leaving. But we have another few countries to go yet Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 17, 2013
- Santiago - Day 52 & 53We've been having a relaxing time here in Santiago. Yesterday we explored the city a little, taking us to a beautiful cathedral where a ceremony was taking place. It sounds so much more interesting in Spanish!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5560 Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 16, 2013
- Valparaiso to Santiago - Day 51We arrived at our final destination in South America today, Santiago. A two hour bus journey and a short ride on the underground - which is a very nice underground! - we were in the city and only a few Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 14, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 50It was so hot today! And typically we started the day with a walk uphill! We went to see where the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda lived when he stayed in Valparaiso. Nice house with a great view!
[img Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 13, 2013
- San Pedro, Chile - April 11, 2013
In San Pedro, we met a geology student from Colorado. Together we went sandboardi Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 10, 2013
- Atacama Desert, Chile
I woke up the next morning at 5am hoping to catch a ride to Chile. Truck drivers stop in Susques at night after the border closes and leave early in the morning to cove Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 10, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 49I knew it would be a good day as Andrew made pancakes for breakfast and they were delicious! It was quite a cold day so we headed out for some more sightseeing. Today we went to an area called Polanco, Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 12, 2013
- Waves, Sun and a spot of Paragliding!We are currently in Iquique of northern Chile and it is lovely here. Like a little cool surfing place. We've been here for maybe just under a week and its the perfect place to just chill out. A couple of Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Apr 18, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 48It's really overcast in the morning here at the moment but the weather seemed to pick up by late morning yesterday so we kept to our plan of having a beach day. A quick bus ride from the promenade in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 11, 2013
- Valparaiso - Day 47We changed rooms this morning so now we have a balcony looking out on to the street and in the distance the port and sea.
[img= Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 9, 2013
- San Pedro de Atacama to Valparaiso - Day 46We journeyed from San Pedro to Valparaiso today, and sensibly we decided on a few hours flight to Santiago and a 2 hour bus ride, rather than a 24 hour bus journey on a normal (not lie flat) coach. We Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 10, 2013
- San Pedro de Atacama - Days 44 & 45After my sickness the day before and not eating for about 36 hours, I felt really weak, so the first day in San Pedro de Atacama was a quiet one, to make sure I was well enough for the stargazing Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 7, 2013
- Falkland Islands to Santiago6th April
Today we had to farewell the Falkland Islands. We were sad to leave as this has actually been a big highlight for us and we had not been prepared for that. We love it here. We could easily live Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Patagonia -to the penguins!THANKFULLY our luck changed for the better once we decided to go to Patagonia! After our 22 hour bus to Santiago we legged it to the airport where we managed to buy a ticket at 1pm for a flight to Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Apr 7, 2013
- San Pedro - The tourist TRAP!So we arrive in San Pedro, Chile with the plan of 'EASILY' hopping on a bus to Salta that night...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/549036/DSC0 Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Apr 5, 2013
- Chapter #7: Head to headHi everybody!
This entry won't probably very long, but I feel the need to write a chapter about it. The reason is that tonight I will leave South America, and head west towards Asia, making a few stops on the way. Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Apr 1, 2013
- Lagunas and FlamingosToday I went on a tour to the Salar de Atacama, the largest salt flat in Chile.
In the middle of the flat is a lagoon wh Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- Around San Pedro de AtacamaToday was a more mellow day hanging around San Pedro de Atacama and making one small excursion to Pukara de Quitor, some prehistoric ruins of the Atacameño people then taken over by the Incas and then the Spanish.
First, my friends Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- Up to the geysersToday I got up at 3:15 AM to get a 4:00 AM bus to the geysers. It was probably a bit much since I slept in a bus the night before but I was hanging out with a couple Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 26, 2013
- San Pedro de AtacamaWe got a night bus to San Pedro de Atacama - slightly more luxourious than the N47 but takes a bit longer (17 hours)! We didn`t get much sleep on the bus but at least there were some good films Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Mar 25, 2013
- Valle De La LunaThis afternoon, I took a bikeride to Valle de la Luna, a 12 km ride from San Pedro de Atacama where I am staying. I started off with an argentinian couple and we got lost about 3 times trying Posted by solorooster in The Rooster's Solo Adventure | Mar 25, 2013