- PuconPucan: The Villarrica Volcano..
We arrive in Pucon at about 8pm get off the bus and one the opposite side of the road we see a BBQ party getting started in a hostel..... turns out it was our Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 13, 2012
- Como estasHola bonitas y guapos,
So here's entry two! It's currently Friday night (I suppose early Saturday morning) and I have an action packed weekend ahead! It's a long weekend in Chile this weekend so I've decided to get out of the Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Oct 12, 2012
- ValdiviaWe spent a night in Puerto Montt after the Navimag. Our Hostel was like a ladies house and we didnt really feel comfortable relaxing in the lounge. Next morning the weather was awful, continuous rain and grey skys... so we Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 12, 2012
- day 31We left kinky haus (the name of joel, pepe, alex, pau, and mauricios place) on monday. It was sad leaving :( the boys were so good to us, we had been there for about two weeks and they said Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 11, 2012
- Thieves in the NightLife is a road. For some of us it is an advebturous path that makes its way along beautiful waterfalls and mountains, their lonely footsteps and eerie silence around them sounding like music to their ears. For others it is Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 10, 2012
- Torres del PaineToday we hung out in the morning and did some laundry back at the room. We explored some trails a little bit too. In the afternoon we went on a horseback ride through the grassy fields of the Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 9, 2012
- Hola SudamericaHola amigos!
Greetings from Santiago. I haven't properly updated this since April, as I couldn't be bothered in Europe, but Uncle Brian urged me to keep it going - so here we go! It's currently Tuesday midday, and I've tried to Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Oct 9, 2012
- Torres del PaineToday in the morning we hiked five miles to see the famous three towers in the park. It seems like a long time, but it was cool! After the hike we saw the river and the little waterfall. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella Australis to Torres del Paine National Park Today in the morning we went to Magdalena Island and saw thousands of Magellan Penguins! The penguins didn't seem to like Dean very much and kept pecking him. I don't blame them! We disembarked the cruise in Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella AustralisToday we headed to Aguila Glacier. We hiked through the forest and right up to the glacier! It was amazing!
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- The Stella AustralisToday we got up early to go on an excursion to the VERY bottom of the world, Cape Horn! We explored the monuments and the lighthouse where a couple and their two kids live! In the afternoon we Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Oct 8, 2012
- Day OneWell day one is always toughest getting out of far away Stralia. 6am Mon 1 Oct we arrived at Brisane airport, dropped off by both our daughters with a few tears, first time our family will be apart for Posted by craigdpratt in South American Trip | Oct 7, 2012
- day 27Last time I checked in we were locked in the house. We're no longer trapped but we are still in the house, its so cold! ! The plan was to go camping in cajon del maipo yesterday and leave Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 7, 2012
- day 24Well we're back. We were going to stay in valpo til today but there wasn't too much to do and we figured it wasn't worth it to spend money on another night sober came back to Santiago last night. Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 4, 2012
- 4200km and Comatosed butt-cheeksAfter the celebrations of Chile’s Independence Day, and the BBQ fog that hung over Santiago for days after, it was time to leave the sanctuary of city life, strap on the backpack again, get into those comfortable boots we had Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Oct 3, 2012
- Navimag Ferry - Peurto Natalies to Puerto Monttso eventually after lots of messing about - cancellations, delays etc etc we boarded the NaviMag Ferry. This trip had been reccomended to us by good and usually reliable friends (yes you know who you are Mr & Mrs Leeks) Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 2, 2012
- Puerto NatalesSo we headed down south for two reasons the Navimag Ferry experience and Torres Del Paine....nothing else to say about Puerto Natales other than it was bloody freezing and very windy until the last day!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/498865/584E Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 2, 2012
- day 22Im surpised at how quickly five nights went by in Santiago considering we didn´t do very much...
Joel´s house was in Providencia, a really nice area of the city. The house itself was small but there was so much Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Oct 1, 2012
- Summing up South AmericaIt's our last night in Santiago tonight, and actually our last night in South America, for this trip at least. We've loved it so much that we're already adding places we didn't have time and budget to do for 'next Posted by pixies in Mr and Mrs Pixie Go Round the World | Sep 30, 2012
- day 16We arrived in Chile around 6am yesterday morning. The bus ride was great - lots of leg room, food and drinks, well heated (we were bundled up in preparation for passing through the snow capped Andes). We've been taking Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Sep 26, 2012
- Patriotism This week we got to experience the Fiestas Patrias, or National Holidays, in Chile. The first of the days is September 18th (‘dieciocho’) and is the day Chile celebrates as its Independence Day. Posted by Santiagoyears in The Santiago Years | Sep 22, 2012
- Western Argentina and ChileGreetings everyone from the Atacama desert,the driest area in the world.
Once again Ive had quite an active month cycling and walking a lot but have
also managed to do a fair bit of partying, a few gt experiences but some Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | May 13, 2007
- Interlude to NormalcyWith the roosters morning wake up call and the image of wild horses grazing by the street still in my mind, we boarded the plane that would carry us away from the beautiful island of Rapa Nui and bring us Posted by yaya2080 in Idle Ramblings of a Traveller | Sep 21, 2012
- Family life in ChileWhat we have discovered is that family is very important in Chilean culture. The extended family get together regularly even if they do not live close. Driving for 3-4 hours is not considered a problem, and they may do this Posted by Fletchers in Our Family Adventure to South America | Sep 19, 2012
- Lessons from ChileAfter two days in Chile, I have come to the conclusion that there are a number of concepts that we in New Zealand have not grasped.
One is traffic congestion. When a city of 5 million people has a public Posted by Fletchers in Our Family Adventure to South America | Sep 18, 2012