- San Pedro de AtacamaAfter an uneventful 24hr bus we pulled into the desert town of San Pedro de Atacama. A tiny tourist town in the middle of nowhere, all made out of mudbrick and rock. This place is a huge drawcard though for Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 29, 2013
- SantiagoOur plan had always been to go Mendoza and from there to head across into Chile. Unfortunately the week we arrived in Mendoza, there had been heavy snow in the Andes between Mendoza and Santiago and as a result the Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 24, 2013
- Adios, ChileAfter spending the last week between the ocean at Vina del Mar and Santiago, Chile's capital and our third time here, we are ready to go to our next destination. Here is Steve dressed to go:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/572327/270_02B1B28A2219 Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Jun 16, 2013
- Bye bye Santiago, ChileDay 50- Monday 22.4.13
We say our goodbyes to Boris, who has been a great host and now friend. Jump in a taxi to the bus station to get back to Santiago. We arrive and head to the hostel. We Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | Apr 24, 2013
- The Mysteries of Easter IslandOne of the many questions of Easter Island is where the Rapa Nui came from. East or West? South America or Polynesia?
Thor Heyerdahl, among many others, set out in 1947 to get evidence for his claim that the Rapa Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Apr 14, 2013
- Greetings from the Middle of the Pacific Ocean!Dear Blog Readers,
I am in Easter Island! There is a lot of history here. A long time ago, they carved in rock statues that were called Moai. On a mountain, they chipped the carvings out of the rock and Posted by MadelineK in Learning Through Exploring | Apr 12, 2013
- Leaving Pisco Elqui for OvalleWe decided it was too beautiful in Pisco Elqui and a change was necessary. That wasn't before we went for an afternoon horseback ride in the mountains. here is our new best friend Ramon Luis of Monte Grande, Chile.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Jun 9, 2013
- South America- Chile ==Day Six: Arriving in Chile==
Hey there! Welcome to part three of my South American trip. It will also be my last entry from South America. I flew to Buenos Aires, Argentina and arrived here in Santiago, the capital of Chile. Posted by bluejaysrule in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- La Serena to Valle de ElquiWe left Serena on the day it was cloudy. The day before I did a little exercise along the beach...
The evening before we departed we had an interesting experience. S Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Jun 5, 2013
- North to La Serena...and sun!!
A seven hour+ bus trip from Santiago brought us to this seaside city which is said to have the clearest skies in the Southern Hemisphere. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/572327/18 Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Jun 3, 2013
- Villarica VolcanoWe went to Pucon, Chile. We hiked a volcano. The volcano hike was three hours. We saw lava tubes. Lava tubes are made out of molten lava rock. Lava tubes are tunnels where lava escapes when there is an eruption. Posted by MadelineK in Learning Through Exploring | Apr 6, 2013
- The rain in Spain falls mainly in the Lake District of Chile
We were forewarned the Lake District was rainy this time of year. It was an apt prophesy. The area is absolutely beautiful and perfect for sports and outdoor activites...except in the Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 31, 2013
- Valdivia Fish MarketWe're checking out the menu.
And we see that some others are, as well. Look behind the guy gutting the fish.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/572327/180_ Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 29, 2013
- Beyond on the Pacific Ocean and the Colchagua ValleyThe second third of our time with our friends took us to Vina del Mar in Renaca.
For a day trip we visited the beautiful town of Zapallar (Montecito on the ocean). Here Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 28, 2013
- The chic in Santiago and beyondThanks to our extraordinary friends, Marcela and Sergio, we saw the best of the city. There knowledge is profound as to the history, culture, and politics of their country. Add to this that Marcela is an excellent cook Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 27, 2013
- Sunday 26 th.Still on our way to Port Stanley. Still on watches. Yesterday was a bit of a blur really, literally just getting up, going on watch, then sleeping again , then the next watch comes around very quickly.
Let me Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Friday 24 th I have heard of our seasons in one day, never 4 sets of emotions. I will be sad to leave this place, it gets under your skin. We have enjoyed meeting the people of Puerto Williams, there was Cotcha Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Thursday 23rdWe left our diversion anchorage and made way to Puerto Williams. The day in port was spent cooking , cleaning and restocking the boat for our departure tomorrow for the Falklands. The party postponed from last night was rearranged for Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 27, 2013
- Last Stop in South AmericaWe've spent the last week in Santiago not doing an awful lot to be honest. Its an ace city that reminds us both of London. Really busy streets and lots going on. We've been on a couple of walks and Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | May 25, 2013
- Leaving PW for the FalklandsDoctor Tom prepares the lines in the middle of a snow storm as we prepare to leave Chile for the Falklands
The team assemble to leave:
Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 24, 2013
- Patagonia anchorage Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- School's Out (for winter)Day 9
More yachtmaster instruction today. As you may have noticed from the photos posted we are in the local museum for the course. The place is a little chilly, we are sat in full thermals, hats and coats keeping warm Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 23, 2013
- Santiago Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 20, 2013
- In trainingDay 6
Finally the time has come to get on the boat!
Thankfully the husband of the lady who runs the hostel (Pablo) is able to run us down to the dock with our 'excess baggage'.
Wow what a vessel Pelagic is, turns Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013
- Brushing up on nav' skills Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 15, 2013