- Santiago, Chile[img=h Posted by KJ1978 in Katie Jane's Travels | Jan 29, 2015
- ChileMy flight to Santiago, Chile was already late to begin with, and it was delayed further. So I land in the middle of the night, a tiny bit scary, but I manage to take it in stride. I Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 20, 2013
- Finally left Santiago What a difference a day makes!
Following another early start, the bike trouble was fixed very quickly - a loose clutch lever. With the clutch lever tightened, we were ready to leave Santiago - again.
We found our way through the maze Posted by Kmoz7 in South America on 2-wheels | Jan 24, 2015
- Santiago Monday morning and with all the documents collected, we were finally all set to leave Santiago. We were up early - ready for the 8 hour journey to La Serena, all that remained to do was attach the panniers - Posted by Kmoz7 in South America on 2-wheels | Jan 24, 2015
- Valparaiso We decided we should give our bikes a bit of a test run on a slightly longer journey and Chile's financial power house of the late 1800s, Valparaiso, seemed like the ideal town. The 120km drive was mixed. Some of Posted by Kmoz7 in South America on 2-wheels | Jan 21, 2015
- Drake Shake or Drake Lake?Every evening during the voyage we'd been left a chocolate each in our cabin by Marina. We'd decided to return the compliment with a bar of chocolate from us. We saw her just after breakfast and got a lovely response Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 9, 2014
- ValparaisoThe best way to get from Santiago to Valparaiso is by bus. I used a company called Turbus and had a window seat on a nice modern two level bus for the 2 hour journey. I did have Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 16, 2014
- SantiagoI left a cold and gray but delightful Paris and headed for Santiago, Chile - another 12 hour overnight flight, this time on Air France. I guess it's no surprise that they win the prize for best food so, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 15, 2014
- Torres del Paine We've been planning this trek since we decided to come to South America six months ago. We'd read so many blog posts, talked to other people who'd done it and agonised over whether we should camp or stay in the Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Dec 5, 2014
- San Pedro de Acatama - the desert16 November
After a morning spent organising myself and updating my blog, I take a trip to the Lagoon de Cejar. Because of it's high concentration of salt, it makes you float which is a really weird sensation and quite fun. Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 24, 2014
- Santiago and chilling in Vińa del MarSo I said goodbye to Argentina and hello to Chile. The most striking difference at first is the speed of the internet, super fast in Chile.
After one night in Punto Arenas (where I saw the Magellan straight) I took Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 7, 2014
First impressions of Santiago was that it was smaller and quieter than I expected. However, I did arrive over the weekend, which I am told the city is dead over weekends. It certainly was more lively this morning as I Posted by j0ne5y in Jonesy Incahoots | Sep 29, 2014
- Between bordersThe road to Coyhaique gave us our first glimpse of the epic scenery we had all been waiting for. As we crested a hill we saw majestic mountains in the distance, with beautiful lakes below. The scale of these panoramas Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Sep 26, 2014
- Anyone got a puncture repair kit? We arrived in at the boarder exactly at 9am. Another easy crossing in terms of paper work but it is worth noting there are strict restrictions on products you can bring move across these boarders. Now I don't want to Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Sep 16, 2014
- Santiago Chile1/2 day Tour of the city of Santiago today after a very nice breakfast. Mainly kept in the city limits except for a trip up a to a view point above the city which wasn't as high as the new Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 2, 2014
- SantiagoWe all arrived safely and on time. Cooler than we thought and grey skies. Its a bit like NZ snow on mountains quite close. Barry excited to see snow. Already had excitement trying to order off a menu and had Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 31, 2014
- Travel HomeBuenas Noches,
mein Bruder Peter und ich sind nach einem Monat Reise durch Peru, Argentinien und Chile seit gestern wieder gut in Santiago angekommen. Ich hatte während der Reise leider keinerlei Gelegenheit, Fotos oder Berichte hochzustellen. Insgesamt Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Aug 28, 2014
- The land of gravel not fire. 05/08/14 - 08/08/14
Km travelled: 1793
Ushuaia, Puerto Natales , Torres Del Paine,
After a quick 20 minute ferry crossing the famous Magellan Straights, synonymous with daring Victorian explorers we left mainland chile and arrived on Tierra del Fue Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 28, 2014
- Tap those Happy Feet.
Well there has been a woeful lack of any blog about our actual trip. So It is finally time to put fingers to keys and let you all know how we are getting on. It Posted by lskellis in Bump on the Road | Aug 21, 2014
- 2 Our TripWell the reality is here. So exciting to be now sitting at Santiago Airport waiting for our flight on to Lima. After flying over all that ocean from Auckland, it was great to see the land as we flew over Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Aug 9, 2014
heute war mein letzter Prakitkumstag hier in Chile: 22 45(+)h-Wochen später bin ich nun in Aufbruchsstimmung für weitere 4 Wochen Reise durch Peru, Argentinien und Chile bevor es dann wieder in Richtung Heimat geht. Mein Chef und Kollegen haben mic Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Weil Schifoan is des Leiwaundste...Neue Lage: 4 Tage (in der Arbeit).
...mein letztes Wochenende in Santiago ist da - dieser Tage bin ich viel unterwegs, meistens eher spät nach Hause gekommen und schin beim Rucksackpacken für die Reise. Mein Chef hat mir einen freien Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Der Countdown läuft...Buenas noches,
wie der Titel schon sagt gehts nun in riesen Schritten dem Ende meines Prakitkums zu. Jetzt gehts nochmal richtig rund, sowohl in der Arbeit als auch in den verbleibenden freien Stunden. Die vergangenen Wochenenden habe ich unter anderem m Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Jul 13, 2014
- Santiago, ChileToday we were met by the same tour guide and driver. As there was only the two of us on tour they could be flexible. We drove around the city while the guide pointed out interesting buildings and different styles Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jun 29, 2014
- Aus der Traum...Buen día,
wer die WM halbwegs mitverfolgt wird nun keine große Neuigkeit mehr hören. Chile schied gestern im Achtelfinale nach einem (nervenraubenden) 11 Meter Schießen gegen Brasilien aus. Die Chilenen haben es geschafft, mich zum ersten Mal in ein Fu Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Jun 29, 2014