- MMH - Patagonia Special part 2!After my trek in the TDP I had a couple more nights in Punta Arenas before flying North, and decided to take a day tour to the Tierra Del Fuego (Land of Fires), where you could see some penguin colonies. Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 30, 2015
- MMH - Patagonia Special part 1!Fresh off the back of my first narrowly avoided disaster in getting to Iquitos, more fun was to come in getting to my next stop. I'd just received a text from Val, asking if my flights the following day (any Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 28, 2015
- Valparaiso: happies not hippies Whenever we tell someone we are visiting Santiago, they almost always respond, "Are you going to Valparaiso?" Even the Santiago tour guide, tooling around on a segue, that Anita asked for directions and tips on the city responded, "Well have Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 27, 2015
- South American airports, ammiright?Of all the things we had coming our way today, I was definitely not expecting to have to argue with Bolivia.
We took a taxi from the Hostel Atawkama in Cuzco at 5am, only sit sit around the wasteland of Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 24, 2015
- Santiago, Chile After leaving the continent of North America and Miami I am now on my way to the country of Chile, the flight to Chile will be approximately 8 hours and 30 minutes and will span 6659 kilometers. While in Santiago Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- A World Apart"You know you're in Chile when the beer is twice the price and half the size", hört man Travellers sagen. In der Tat ist San Pedro de Atacama, dieser kleine Wüstenort im Norden Chiles, nicht gerade billig, vor allem die Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 27, 2015
- Viva ChileDon't get me wrong, Bolivia was great, but it was also cold. Really cold. As in -5°C, with the wind feeling as though it's tearing your face off.
Imagine our relief, then, as a van took us across the border into Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 19, 2015
- Frühstück mit WalfischUnsere Weiterreise brachte uns auf den südamerikanischen Kontinent. Wer von Westen her kommt, beginnt die Route meist in Santiago de Chile. Ich war vor ein paar Jahren schon einmal da und wusste, dass die Stadt nicht gerade mit vielen Attraktionen Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 5, 2015
- Rapa Nui / Isla de Pascua (Osterinsel)Für uns lag Rapa Nui, wie die Osterinsel in der Sprache der Einheimischen heisst, quasi auf dem Weg. Von Tahiti aus gibt es Flüge mit der chilenischen Fluggesellschaft LAN, die anschliessend weitergehen nach Santiago. Wir liessen uns deshalb die Ge Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | May 3, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Saturday, 11 April 2015Had a good night's sleep and it was nice to wake up naturally and not to an alarm blaring out at 4.30 am. The bags under my eyes have disappeared.
This is our first time at the Intercontinental Hotel in Santiago Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Atacama AdventuresAfter a long, frustrating, tiring and miserable bus journey from La Serena, we finally got to San Pedro de Atacama, a little desert town in Northern Chile. And it was well worth the hassle! This little gem of a place Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- ValparaisoAfter a short bus ride from Santiago we arrived in "Valpo" which is a working port town to the west of the big smoke.
The hotel issued "una mapa" which several hours later we found as much use as flammable fire Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 17, 2015
- 2 Days in the CityDon't worry everyone, we haven't fallen off the planet! We've been struggling with wifi the past few days so we're a bit behind with this.
After Puerto Varas, we did another overnight bus journey and spent two days in the Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 14, 2015
- IF YOU ARE SPANISH AND YOU KNOW IT ADD AN “O”
Here I sit in the Santiago airport reflecting on another wonderful holiday that has flown by. As always it has been a wonderful learning experience and tons of fun espec Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 12, 2015
- FIVE STUFFED LIKE AN EMPANADAWe have had the most wonderful day at our Chilean cooking class. This was recommended by a friend who lived in Santiago last year and it was an awesome day.
We met our chef Matias in the Mercado Central at 10 Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 10, 2015
- CRABBY ABOUT LUNCH
We are just back from a very busy day with lots of walking. We met our very friendly and beautiful guide, Robert at 9 am this morning and went for half day tour of Santiago. Santiag Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 9, 2015
- STREET ART AND ARTISAN MARKETS
Hola from Santiago, the final stop on our South American adventure.
We had an early start to our day to fit in a final tour before leaving Valparaiso. We had an early breakfast at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 8, 2015
- Puerto Varas, Southern ChilePuerto Varas in Chilean Patagonia has been our home for the past few days. And very pretty it is too. It's right by a lake and has views of the Volcano Osorno, not too far from here.
Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 8, 2015
- Canyoning the Rio BlancoAfter all the excitement and excursion of six days kayaking we turned off the alarm and had a restful day, mainly drying out. We got up just in time to catch the daily laundry run. The problem with not having Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 8, 2015
- Frankenstein and the Machine (In a boat!!)Our six day kayak trip in the Northern Patagonia Fjords in Pumalin Park may just have knocked zip lining in Laos off the top spot!
We paddled through fjords and past waterfalls seeing dolphins, sea lions and pelicans. Camping by the Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 8, 2015
- OOHS, AHHS AND OH MY GODS
I think I am declaring Valparaiso my new favorite world city. I am going to try and keep the text to a minimum today because the beauty in this city needs no words.
We had an exce Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 7, 2015
- VALAPARAISO FIRST IMPRESSIONS – I AM GOING TO LIKE IT HEREEllen told me I should not be posting my daily blog so early but I didn't listen because I figured we just be going to supper. This was true but the walk, straight down hill, was so amazing. I Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 6, 2015
- DOCUMENTS? WHAT DOCUMENTS?
I am writing from the bus and we have just descended deep into the Andes from 4800 m above sea level and after completing the part of the road that contains 27 consecutive hairpin t Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 6, 2015
- CoyhaiqueThe good thing about arriving in a place in the dark is that it's a surprise what it looks like when you wake up in the morning. We were staying in a cool hostel fitted out with handmade furniture, mostly Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 30, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Saturday, 14 March 2015Strolled down to breakfast at 8.30 am and found half of our group there but a lot of the food was depleted.
We have coffee and tea making facilities in our room but no cups and no milk. Trying to make Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 20, 2015