- Thursday 24 April 2014We had our fourth breakfast of Paris Baguette pastries (out of our 5 mornings in Shanghai) then packed up and checked out of our hotel. We were leaving from Pudong Airport, which is in the opposite direction to the Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 24, 2014
- Wednesday 23 April 2014We began the day again with breakfast at Paris Baguette, then headed back to the Yuyuan Gardens area because the kids wanted to do a bit more shopping. We wandered around in a few different alleyways to where we Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 24, 2014
- I'm not eating that!! After sleeping rough in Beijing airport, 1 train, 2 rush hour tubes and a wild goose chase later, we finally made it to our hostel. We are knackered and I'm sure I'm coming down with a cold!! Not Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | Apr 23, 2014
- Tuesday 22 April 2014After two fairly quiet days in Shanghai, we had a busy day today, which began with a breakfast of pastries at Paris Baguette. We then headed down to the Bund and were looking for a bank when we started Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 22, 2014
- The Case of the Missing KnifeKate slept much better on this night train, although it stopped quite a bit throwing us into the wall at irregular intervals, so couldn't call us well rested on waking.
Now in Shanghai, we went to pick up Pat's knife. Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 5, 2014
- China Fatigue We wake up to a rainy day. We only have a morning left and planned to ride bikes around the city wall then visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. With the rain, bike riding was out- too slippery. Little spanner Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 3, 2014
- Note: Confirmation Email Does Not Imply ConfirmationAfter a poor night's sleep we were fully awoken at 6.30 by someone's kids screaming in the hall. At about 7am a bossy woman comes and unlocks our door trying to barge in while we're still tucked in our bunks Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 2, 2014
- Monday 21 April 2014After a breakfast of pastries from Paris Baguette in our room, we set off this morning for the Old Town area of Shanghai. Unfortunately it was drizzling for most of the day today, but this morning the drizzle was Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 21, 2014
- Shanghai Day 4Our final day in Shanghai, exploring on our own today. We have been very spoilt while Michelle was here, with the hotel car mostly taking us from place to place. But the kids had been hanging out to Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 21, 2014
- Shanghai Day 3On day three we split up into different activities. The Hilton Hotel is sponsoring the Formula 1 race being held in Shanghai, and Allen got to accompany Gerd to go to see the race. The kids and I went Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 21, 2014
- Great, Great Wall dayA full day today visiting the Jinshaling and Scimitai sections of the Great Wall. These sections are 2.5 to 3 hours drive out of Beijing but definitely worth the effort. A delayed start today due to the road closure outside Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 21, 2014
- Heavenly temples & heavenly hazeAnother cloudy day but not much haze this morning. Went to the Temple of Heaven, a circular, multitiered temple that resembled something like a wedding cake. Like with most imperial monuments here in China, you enter multiple gates Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 21, 2014
- Kate and Pat's Run In With The Law After more delicious breakfast dumplings, we think we'll start the day at the Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. 90% of the way there we change our minds and decided to grab our tickets for tonight's sleeper train first and Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 1, 2014
- Great Wall Still Coming In Handy Up bright and early this morning to be picked up at 7.30 to head to the Great Wall- many thanks to Jess Lambert for this one. We wait at the meeting point. There's definitely Beijing smog today, our view of Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 31, 2014
- Dumplings for Breakfast!We fly out today at 4pm from Osaka. A couple of days ago we worked out how to get there from Kyoto and how much time we'd have this morning. Looked very simple! Catch a single bus from the Kyoto Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 30, 2014
- Sunday 20 April 2014We woke up this morning to discover that the view from Gailyn’s and my window towards the Bund is fantastic! We can see lots of the buildings on the Pudong side of the river (which we could see last night Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- The train ride from hellIf we have learnt one thing from our travels it will be this; never, under any circumstances, even if someone gave you one million pounds (oh alright maybe then), chose the seated option on a Chinese overnight train. We’d Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 28, 2012
- Shanghai Day 3I went on a cool boat and saw a building that we call the Lollipop Tower. We walked around on the top deck of the boat. I took lots of photos. Allen didn’t come with us because Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- Shanghai Day 3Hey Dan
All of my postcards will be on the blog, just to let you know.
I got two watches! (which I think is pretty cool)
I got the gold one at a market in the area called Tianzifeng and got the Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 20, 2014
- Usage updateI'm learning as I go with the blog. I think I've now enabled comments. Sorry if this wasn't working before!!
Jo Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Saturday 19 April 2014Ryan and I got up at 6:30am this morning and at 7am were standing in the incredibly long queue to the Mao Memorial Hall on Tiananmen Square. We spent two hours queuing (the Hall doesn’t open until 8am, so Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Friday 18 April 2014Ryan and I got up earlyish this morning to visit the Mao Memorial Hall in the middle of Tiananmen Square where Mao’s body is laid out for people to see. We got down to the Square just after 8am, Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Shanghai Day 2We slept really well on our first night in Shanghai, and the kids didn’t wake up until 7.30 am local time – that’s 11.30 am at home, and a really quick adaptation to the timezone. So we’ve all been Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 19, 2014
- Notre voyage en Chine Posted by globetrotter14 in Autour de l'Inde et l'Asie 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- The Red HazeSpent the day sightseeing around Beijing, or more accurately what we could see through the pollution haze. The pollution the Chinese cities we have visited is really appalling. Take note rAbbot, we need a carbon plan!!
First up was the world's Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 18, 2014