- Kite Parkwe went to the kite park today, we bought a kite and flew it. Andre;s first proper go at flying a kite. We also walked to the top of the mountain to where there is a 6 metre high, 6 Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 10, 2015
- Not feeling so well.I woke up to very upset stomach and diarrhoea. Took 1 Imodium.
Andre didn't sleep kinder, too tired at night, having hell of a time getting him to sleep
During his run around as we try to get him into bed he Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 9, 2015
- Dongmen marketAndre woke up once asking for Carson blanket. Had to be put back to bed.
Kinder - Andre didn't sleep
Poo poo his pants
After we picked Andre up, went to dong men market. This is a crazy place, lot of shops, famous Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 8, 2015
- ShenzhenAndre woke up twice overnight, had to be put back to bed. Kinder - Andre no sleep. Scream with us leaving. They did cooking. 2 lots of wet pants Picked up blood test results from hospital. Very upset with customer Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 7, 2015
- Andre start KindergartenAndre start kindergarten. Cried when we left him. Slept in afternoon. No wet pants , but peed on his Doona at home Did trial of cheap language course. Too unstructured. Then did trial of mandarin house and first lesson in Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 6, 2015
- Hospital - China StyleWent to hospital, first thing. Google maps address was wrong so had to get taxi there. There was actually a metro stop at front door. Andre got eye test, ear test, and blood test. Took it like a champ of Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 5, 2015
- Arrive in Shenzhen
Andre played with Elizabeth toys and was quite good at cleaning them up.
Had Thai for dinner takeaway last night then a fancy brunch before heading off to the ferry port to catch a Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 4, 2015
- IntroductionThis is a blog about the Everton Family's trip to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2015.
You can zoom in on below map, if you click on the green circle's of cities we have visited it will show a Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Jan 2, 2015
- Jiuzhaigou National Park: Beauty and Madness
The next morning, we were up early enough and since it was so cold, for China, we waited until the sun went up. As we walked down to the park, we passed several Chinese tour groups. We managed Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 20, 2015
- CAPODANNO CINESEIl capodanno e' alle porte, tutta la Cina si prepara a lasciare l'anno del cavallo per iniziare l'anno della capra, le citta' si svuotano, gli uffici pure mentre le strade , gli autobus e i treni si riempiono di gente Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 16, 2015
- The road to Jiuzhaigou A decent bus ride away from Chengdu was the picturesque Jiuzhaigou National Park that Ryan had seen on the documentary Wild China. When we realized how close it was to us, only ten hours by bus, we booked tickets and Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 15, 2015
- South West China (Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Xi'anGuangzhou (also known as Canton, and less commonly as Kwangchow) is the capital and largest city of Guangdong province in South China. Located on the Pearl River, about 120 km (75 mi) north-northwest of Hong Kong and 145 km (90 Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Northern China (Harbin)Harbin (help·info) is the capital and largest city of Heilongjiang province, People's Republic of China. Holding sub-provincial administrative status, Harbin has direct jurisdiction over 9 metropolitan districts, 2 county-level cities and 7 counties Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Southern China (Suzhou, Wuzhen, Hangzhou, Shanghai)Suzhou, formerly romanized as Soochow, is a major city in the southeast of Jiangsu Province in Eastern China, adjacent to Shanghai Municipality. It is a major economic centre and focal point of trade and commerce, and the second largest city Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- X FACTOR... la finaleE finalmente dopo mille episodi, il momento e' arrivato.
Tutto e' pronto....alle 18 comincia il party (che strano orario per una festa!).
Tavole imbandite per oltre 500 persone:
Si com Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 12, 2015
- X FACTOR... la generale Immancabile dopo tutto questo "po-pò" di organizzazione "LA" prova x eccellenza ovvero quella generale. Appuntamento dopo pranzo nel locale mensa con tanto di stereo, 4 microfoni, video proiettore, computer e chi più ne ha più ne metta :)
Si parte con Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 10, 2015
- Mt HuashanHaha I guess it really pays to do some research when planning stops....
I came across this site which recommended " Many people begin the climb at nighttime, in order to reach the East Peak by dawn. The darkness cloaks the Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Feb 7, 2015
- X FACTOR... la provaTornata dalle vacanze di Natale fervono i preparativi x l'imminente festa (manca ancora un mese ma fa niente!) per cui comincio a notare un certo fermento intorno a me (ventagli colorati, gonne di tulle, costumi vari...). Fin quando poi mi Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 6, 2015
- Sichuan Opera
Later that night, we thought we'd take in the Sichuan Opera. After a fair bit of research yesterday and consulting people, we found one that was close enough to where we were staying. It was a Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 6, 2015
- tiny stepsWe need to prepare for the trip because a lot of the countries issue date specific visas but normally I really like to have no plan and improvise all the way. Now there is an itinerary where local laws and Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Feb 1, 2015
We woke up bright and early for an exciting day full of pandas! We slurped down our breakfast rice porridge and headed to the bus stop. No worries, we had directions written out in Chinese and Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 26, 2015
- "PASSEGGIANDO" IN BICICLETTA...#sabato #spesa #supermercato #cosestrambe #immancabili
Va bene il detto 'paese che vai, usanza che trovi' però qualcuno mi deve spiegare a cosa serve una bici del genere, con delle ruote così!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675506/67EC0983 Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jan 25, 2015
- PER RICOMINCIARECiao a tutti, buon annooooooo!!!!! Scusate la lunga assenza, ma ahime' il rientro non e' stato semplice...diciamo che ritornare ai ritmi del lavoro, della lingua e della Cina in generale mi ha un po' provato.
Vabe' bando alle ciance, cominciamo questo Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jan 23, 2015
- The heart of the city4 January 2015
A couple of weekends ago, following advice from a well known travel book, I visited one of the main tourist Hutongs in Beijing. To say I found it a little underwhelming after the hype I had read Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Jan 18, 2015
- Chengdu MuseumOur first full day in Chengdu, we ventured out to the Sichuan museum. It was much trickier to find with Google maps being blocked by the Chinese government, but luckily, two parking attendants and a random man who spoke English Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 14, 2015