- Part 3: The drive west to Mt Kailash
After three days in and about Lhasa, we started our road trip to Mt Kailash, some 1,230 km away from Lhasa. We piled our gear into the back of two land cruisers, myself being allocated to the back Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 1 - The travelIt starts.
After packing my ultra cool backpack I took the train to the south of the Netherlands to meet with Mot, my friend with whom I will be traveling. I spent the night at his place and at 5 am Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 25, 2015
- Day 0 - PackingSo.... I’m going to China. Backpacking.
Ok, it might not be the real backpacking thing but looking at me and looking at the fact that I’m a 40 year old bat who has never been away from home longer than 16 Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 24, 2015
- ZOO COFFEE animal coffee shop in ShanghaiZOO COFFEE is the new chain-like brand coffee shop, to this day, twenty-six new stores have been opened in Shanghai. The coffee shop which was decorated very warm and very interesting. There are zebras, monkeys, tiger and other animals in Posted by yuning_china in travel around China | Mar 23, 2015
- Part 2: A short stay in Lhasa
We arrived in Lhasa at about three in the afternoon to a very busy, modern train station. After a security check we were able to leave the station and we wer Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 23, 2015
- Art and Airplanes in Beijing
On Saturday, we headed to the National Art Museum. It met my friend's two specifications: indoors and not far from the apartment. We only had to walk ten minutes and it was free to boot if you b Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 17, 2015
- ...E DOMANI???? DOVE????Ciao a tutti, indovinate un po'? DOMANI PARTO!!!!!!!!!
alcuni di voi sanno gia' dove andro' (non svelatelo in anticipo!) altri lo scopriranno QUI leggendo il prossimo post....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 15, 2015
- Summer Palace
It was less motivating to get out of bed when the weather was chilly. I had come to realize that as Canadians, we were a bit spoiled when it came to dealing with cold weather. Sure, outside it Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 15, 2015
- Part 1: The train from Beijing to Lhasa
Part 1: The train trip from Beijing to Lhasa
To call the West Beijing Train Station crowded was a gross understatement. Every square inch was taken by a crushing mass of arms, le Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 13, 2015
- FAMILY REUNION!Una volta padroni della lingua e attenti conoscitori della moneta locale [i](eccetto quella volta che mio papa' volendo fare come al solito di testa sua stava per comprare 10 magneti per oltre 50 euro perche' la matematica E' LA SUA Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 11, 2015
- Tasty BeijingTrains weren't agreeing with us lately. We were up all night due to another screaming baby, louder than our headphones, that the mother wasn't keen on soothing. The same mother and her mother chatted loudly, far too early in the Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 11, 2015
- Xi'an's Terracotta army and museum
Early the next morning, after we enjoyed some tasty and cheap egg and veggie buns from a local street vendor, we headed to the bus station looking for a bus bound for the terracotta warrior Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 11, 2015
- FAMILY REUNION!Come anticipato per il capodanno cinese sono venuti a trovarmi mamma e papa' e, grazie a Silvia, ce l'hanno fatta ad arrivare fin qui altrimenti non so...credo che si sarebbero persi per strada e sarei dovuta andare in Russia a Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 9, 2015
- Xi'anWe arrived in chilly Xi’an via sleeper train mid afternoon. We were both pretty exhausted having not slept well due to our screaming baby neighbour on the train bunks. We exited the grimy train station and made our way to Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 6, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Macau and Home[center][/center]
I spent the next few days taking things slow. My three month holiday was now entering its last third, and I found that I wasn't quite ready to acc Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Mar 6, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Beijing[center][/center]
I first met Hannah in the summer of 2006 – she had been invited to play on my church’s summer softball team by a mutual friend – and we managed to keep in tou Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Mar 2, 2015
- Guilin private tours: 5 Days 4 Nights Yangshuo Longji Rice TGuilin Private Tours mainly specializes in tours around Guilin Yangshuo area in Guangxi, two most popular areas for visitors to China. We cater to the needs of individual tourists as well as small tour groups including families, friends and business Posted by Guilin tour in Offer tours around Guilin Yangshuo in CN | Mar 2, 2015
- Guilin private tours:Evening Activity: Liu Sanjie Sound and Guilin Private Tours mainly specializes in tours around Guilin Yangshuo area in Guangxi, two most popular areas for visitors to China. We cater to the needs of individual tourists as well as small tour groups including families, friends and business Posted by Guilin tour in Offer tours around Guilin Yangshuo in CN | Mar 2, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Chaoshan[center][/center]
After Singapore, there were no more plans - I returned to Hong Kong with an empty schedule ahead of me. I had envisioned a frenzied itinerary around East Asi Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Feb 26, 2015
- Raining Inside and Out.Andre jumped into our bed at 6.30am this morning. Its become a habit. He goes back out with iPad and we get to go back to sleep for another 45 minutes. Its still raining so we get breakfast at Mcdonalds Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 20, 2015
- Happy Valley Amusement ParkI had call with Australia on Skype regarding property at 8.30am. Andre was up since 6.30am. He came and woke us up, got iPad and somewhere in the next 30 minutes while we are still in bed, he helped himself Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 19, 2015
- Chinese New Years DayVi had a terrible night with Carson and Andre woke up during night as well. So in the morning she needed to go back to sleep, so I took Andre and Carson in living room and she got another few Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 18, 2015
- Shanghai E-TownAndre woke up a few times overnight and Carson woke up many times. We were all up around 7am. Had some cereal and rolls as breakfast. Caught a taxi to E-Day Town. This is a small village inside a shopping Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 18, 2015
- ShanghaiWe went and had breakfast before heading to the Supermarket as we were out of nappies for carson and wipes. By the time we had done all that it was time to get taxi to airport.
It only took 40 Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 17, 2015
- Chengdu Panda TimeToday we were up at 6.30am and having our buffet breakfast by 7.30am. Lei met us in foyer at 7.50 and we were in taxi on our way to see the Pandas. Giant Panda Breeding Research Base ( Xiongmao Jidi). Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Feb 16, 2015