- Back to ShangrilaIt was amazing to have a shower again and wash my hair... Oh the simple pleasures.
Steph and Jacob kindly made us all porridge with raisins for breaky (to avoid the horrible Chinese breaky) and then we set off in a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 3Great breaky again at yak butter in, Steph, Jacob and Boaz joined us for a repeat of yesterday which was really good.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/ED3CC47 Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 2Got up early to have breaky, went to book another night where we were staying, In the international youth hostel (which was nothing fancy, but was cheap. i had dirt falling from the roof onto the foot on my bed Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 12, 2013
- Searching for the authentic China.===I admit that like many people, I rely on guidebooks when planning trips abroad and it can be difficult to avoid the apparent ubiquitous monopoly of ‘Lonely Planet’. Their recommendations can quickly become swamped (often deservedly) with English speaki Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Oct 12, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 1We had breaky at the hostel and they only offered a Chinese breaky which i thought would be fine but it was a rice porridge thing, really super greasy bread and a hard boiled egg. i don't think it helps Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- Shangrila - Deqin - Feilai-siGot up early so that we could buy our bus tickets to Deqin. Jess and I headed to the bus station to buy our tickets while An looked for some hiking boots.
[img=http://phot Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- ShangrilaRest day, got up and did our washing, hanging it out on the balcony outside in hope it would dry before we leave tomorrow, but the weather doesn't look great. We had breaky then wandered around the old town a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- Tiger leaping gorgeWoke up feeling sick, sore throat and headache felt it coming on but was trying to ignore it. Regardless we had to get down to the guest house in the middle of the gorge to catch our bus so I Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Tiger leaping gorge Left early for tiger leaping, it took two hours by bus and the scenery on the way was lovely. We got dropped at the beginning of the path and our bags continued on the the middle the gorge so we Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- There's this pollution...Ever since coming back from Hohhot, Beijing's pollution has gone from unhealthy to hazardous. It kept my friends from going out all last weekend (plus we're still waiting on those masks). Suddenly, yesterday the AQI index on the US Embassy's Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 10, 2013
- Dali to LijinangThis morning we planned to ride along the edge of the lake and along to a little village but it was still raining and so we decided it would be best to just walk to the edge of the lake Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- A day in DaliWe Walked up the mountain behind the hostel Cang mountain. The entrance was about 30mins from the hostel then an hour up to the halfway point where there is a paved walking path.
We tried to get a student discount using Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Arriving in DaliToday we're heading to Dali on the bus. We caught two public buses to the bus station, there were some lovely people on the bus today trying to help us with our luggage and chatting to Jess. its always nice Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Everyday life at Nanguang International SchoolHei igjen!
Jeg har jo sagt at grunnen til at jeg ikke blogger så mye er fordi det ikke skjer så mye spennende. Men for noen er det sikkert interessant å lese litt om hva jeg gjør til hverdags også, så Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 10, 2013
- A day in KunmingToday Jess and I went to the west hill, just to the west of Kunming. It was a recommended day trip from the hostel.
We've decided we make a good team, me with organising and directions and Jessi translating as she Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Arriving in KunmingI slept ok on the train, I woke once or twice but not too bad. I woke to hear English being spoken, the girl in the bed across from me was watching 'whip it' which I like. I asked her Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Leaving Fenghaung for KunmingAfter packing my bag ready to move on again I went down stairs and had breaky. The guy from the hostel kindly said he would organise something veggie for me. I got a Cantonese dish called chungfen which big sheets Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- A day in Fenghuang Got up and grabbed some breaky with Jessi and Miro. Jessi was catching the train to Kunming this afternoon and I will meet up with her in a few days. So we headed to the super market for a few Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Arriving in Fenghaung My train was about 2 and a half hours late which wasn't really a problem it just made it harder to know if it was my stop or not but the carraige lady was nice and wrote down roughly when Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 9, 2013
- Leaving Longji - Guilin - to FenghaungWoke up about 5:20 and had a quick wash before packing my bag a getting reading to head up the hill for sunrise. The type of building we were staying in was just wooden with poor insulation and so was Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 9, 2013
- Longji Rice TerracesIt was recommended by the girl at the hostel that i take the public bus this meant one change (supposedly). so i caught a taxi to the bus station and the lady ripped me off, the meter said 8.70 and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 9, 2013
- Last day in YangshouI got up, packed my bag and left it in storage at the hostel and got collected for Rock climbing. I've never really been before, only on one of those indoor climbing walls when I was about 9 and I Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 9, 2013
- A day in YangshouI booked to go on a cooking class today as I thought it would be nice to do one before I leave China. I was collected from my hostel by the instructor and we walked to the markets were we Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 9, 2013
- Xingping og Yangshuo IIHei igjen!
Da har jeg kommet meg hjem til Foshan og den siste feriedagen går mot slutten. Jeg har hatt en fantastisk ferie i Xingping og Yangshuo, og det var virkelig en positiv opplevelse å backpacke alene for første gang!
Forrige innlegg Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 7, 2013
- Kuala Lumpur & Beijing, dos capitals en dos dies! Travel Zip
... després de 3 horetes d’avió des de Lombok (Indonèsia) vam arribar a Kuala....
L’arribada a la capital de Malàisia ens va traslladar, per un moment, a varis dels viatges que hem fe Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Oct 6, 2013