- Teaching old dogs new tricks - Mahjong!Hey everybody! It's been a while! The
internet is back and so are we!
Took the cruise ship down the Yangtze,
checked out a bunch of cool places, met
some nice people from China, New Zealand,
Mexico and USA, learned to play Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 12, 2014
- The Amazing Race to Pier 3Thursday, August 7, 2014 (Backtracking a bit)
Chengdu to Chongqing today, but first a lazy morning,
last minute shopping, pack some more, then off to the
very modern and efficient Chengdu East Train Station.
Another bullet train! Sort of...only Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 11, 2014
- First Impressions As I walk around the French Concession, Starbucks latte and a packet of tissues in hand, a car almost splashes me as it drives through a puddle. The rain starts to fall furiously, forcing me to dive into a supermarket Posted by emilyferris in In a hotel in Shanghai | Aug 10, 2014
- Songzanlin Lamasery and the Old Town of Shangri-laToday we went to see the Songzanlin Lamasery, located on a hillside on the outskirts of Shangri-la. Monks (maybe a couple hundred?) live here, studying the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism. Jackson tired hard to give us the Coles Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 10, 2014
- Final ThoughtsWell, it is our last day in China so I thought I would send one last post.
Yesterday we did the "slow, long march" to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. It was slow because of the tens Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing - Day 1This trip provides a FULL itinerary which leaves little time to catch your breath. Tonight I am trying to catch up on what has happened the past two days.
We flew out of Xi'an on Sunday. Now you Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Warriors and the Amazing RaceWow! Just wow! What a day in Xian.
First, your Chinese lesson - Xi'an is one of the most ancient Chinese cities, steeped in history. Xi is west and an is peace so Xi'an is called the Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Chinese Gastromony!The food has been top notch with a wide variety of international foods. We were on our own the first night. Being exhausted and not wanting to venture to far we found a burger joint of all things Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Hot Yoga meets Stairway to HeavenSo we exited the boat early this morning to climb to the top of the Shibaozhai Temple, or Temple of Heaven. It is truly impossible to explain the heat and the humidity we encountered today. The ship docked, Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Gorgeous GorgesWell, we are almost halfway through our trip, a truly eye opening experience so far, with so much more to see. We entered the scenic part of the river today. This was a welcome transition from the first Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Too busy to write!Well, time for some catch-up. We have been on our river vessel, partly boat and partly ship for two nights now. Everyone has settled in nicely to the routines of eating, drinking and relaxing. The cabins are Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- China - First ImpressionsDay 1
Well, our adventure to China has begun and for the most part our first impressions have been very positive. The drive from the airport had us wide eyed and marvelling at the modern highways (relatively free of traffic Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Dali, Yunnan province[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 2Sunday 3rd August
Ni Hao! Hey, it’s me Jason. Yep, I’ve finally managed to get a word in edge ways. Miracles do happen.
Today was a long day. We were picked up very early this morning to head out to Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 8, 2014
- Summer Camp==07 July 2014 – 23 July 2014==
===HUST Summer Camp===
This year’s HUST Conversation English Classes with TFF (aka Summer Camp) was three weeks of great fun.
Brenda Rubacha and I, were again teaching partners – by design. Our feeling, when somethi Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 8, 2014
- Longji rice terraces - Dazhai[img= Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 7, 2014
- Tiger Leaping Gorge and Shangri-laHi again! So here is the second half of our journey from Lijiang to Shangri-la, in northern Yunnan Province. Before we leave the Stone Drum Town here are a couple of photos I forgot in our last post. Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Changbaishan Ho!Victoria and I left at 5am for the bus at the station down the road. It was in the same place as where we had performed for Christmas over a year before. It took us a bit to Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Today, I Must ChillI was finally able to sleep in. JC & I lazed around in the beautiful sunny day and met MB & BS at Die Backstube again for breakfast. Oh how I missed my special breakfasts at that place! Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- A noodle fist-bump couple of days!Yes!! It's Let's-Go-Hug-A-Panda Day!
The Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research
Foundation is located here. So you get yourself
signed up on the list, you get yourself a taxi over
there and you get yourself a seat next to Sa! But
get there early!
Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 6, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 1Friday 1st August
Our train journey from UB to Beijing was fairly uneventful, with the scenery consisting of hundreds and hundreds of miles of absolutely nothing as we travelled through the Gobi and across the border into China. And Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 6, 2014
- Stone Drum Town - on our way to Shangri-laOn our last day with Jack, he and our driver took us northwest of Lijiang to Shigu Town or Stone Drum Town, located on the First Bend of the Yangtze River. Yes this is the same river that we Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Reunion==06 July 2014==
Ok, one thing I didn’t miss about HUST is the beds….really hard but as in previous years I know I’ll get used to it.
Chinese buffet and noodle soup for breakfast – yup, we’re back at HUST.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/39 Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Catching up ........==03 August 2014==
Well, it’s been a little more than a month since we landed in Asia. There has been an abundance of highs with a low or two sprinkled in which has made me appreciate those highs so much Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Plan changeAs soon as I had booked the flights and tour guide for our Guilin trip, Rass and I both got sick. He, with daily fever episodes, and me, with general malaise that I am quite sure was Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Aug 4, 2014