- The Emperor's back!Tuesday, July 29/14
We tried for Mao again, but it's just too crazy
competing with 1,000's of people, gates blocking
the way, bag scanners, admission fees....and well
when the going gets tough...the tough go to the
Temple of Heaven!
A very prett Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 1, 2014
- China part 1 - Nanning and Yangshuo[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 1, 2014
- The last one- XianSo I will be starting work soon and this will be my last trip before entering into my next phase of life. Sure i will still have more opportunities to travel then but not without a larger opportunity cost and Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jul 31, 2014
- 50 sfumature di...pallido!Benche’ sia ripasuto che nella terra d’oriente il sole non e’ nella lista degli amici della pelle, mi stupisce ancora molto vedere gente (direi solo donne) in giro con l’ombrello con il sole a picco.
Eh si perche’ qui essere bianco-pallido-fantasmatico Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 1, 2014
- Pics as promised! Donghuamen Night Market! Brace yourself!Here they are!
Things you can get on a shishkabob, or Larry's BBQ
tips - the special delights from the Donghuamen Night
Every night since 1984!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/7D5931C22219AC68175B7B0A4A337D2B Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 31, 2014
- ChengDu ChinaWhat attracted me to this place was the place called 'JiuZhaiGou' in the itinerary. JiuZhaiGou was a really beautiful place with vivid colour ponds and lakes amidst a serene landscape. And what somehow spoilt the wonderful place is the dirty Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Nov 9, 2013
- The Great Wall!But first a word on breakfast.
I did not know it was NOT a self-serve waffle iron! And also that
if you don't put a little oil on the grills the waffle batter burns
to them...and then you have to pick out all Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 29, 2014
- Weekend adventure to GuilinThursday we head out for our last outing from base camp Shanghai. I have saved the best for last and so we will be flying down to Guilin and the Li River. I have also taken the plunge Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Chinese dinnerTonight we went to a business dinner at a nearby hotel. It was an extravagant meal, served in a private dining room. Within the room was one round table set for 10. If you know me well, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Cupping & Scraping, anyone?Today I decided to start catching up on my massage quota. Went down the street and selected the “back detox” at a massage place my friend had taken me to last year. As my back and neck were Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- On a bicycle built for two!So to round out our top 3 highlights for Yangshuo (in addition to the bamboo boat cruise down the Li River and free laundry at our hotel) we elected to go bicycling in the countryside. The girls aren't strong Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Larry's BBQ tips, or Things you can put on a shishkabobSunday was Tiananmen Square day.
Tiananmen Square is one HUGE place. Probably about 5 blocks
by 5 blocks (get the "square" part?) At one end is Mao's Mausoleum,
at the other the Forbidden City. In the middle lots of cement, lots of
You Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 28, 2014
- Hong Kong and ChinaWe flew from Manila to Hong Kong, where we stayed in a tiny hotel room in Chongking Mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui. Despite the mist and drizzle, we took the Star Ferry over to Hong Kong Island, Jimmy went camera Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Jul 28, 2014
- il servizio è QUANTITATIVAMENTE eccessivo!Che sia un ristorante, una bettola, un negozio, un centro commerciale, la bottega del fruttivendolo: se vi trovate in un posto in cui si vende o serve qualcosa la parola d'ordine è "SEGUIRE il CLIENTE". E qui devo dire che Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 27, 2014
- Day 1...sort of...could be day 2Yes! We made it!
Day 2 in Beijing, China!
Day 1 was a little fuzzy because of the time zone change
(14 hours - 7 AM in Saskatoon is 9 PM in China)...and the
whole Friday thing kind of ran into Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 27, 2014
- The wild West Street of Yangshuo - and Laundry!!!Yangshuo, a small town of just 300,000 people, is a tourist mecca. The surrounding countryside contains karst pinnacle hills set amongst rice paddies and other farms. The countryside is a big draw, with activities such as hikes, boat Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Li River Cruise - AWESOME!Hi there! Back again to continue our Li River karst story. But first, in our last post I forgot to mention our visit to the old fisherman in Guilin. This 60 year old man is retired Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Guilin and the Li River - KARST!!!Today we explored some of the spectacular karst terrain around Guilin, the Li River and Yangshuo. This was the number one item on our to-do list for China trip part 2.
After a hearty breakfast (sushi, noodle and mushroom Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Longji Rice Terraces and GuilinTime to wrap up the Lonji Rice Terrace story.
As I might have mentioned in our previous post, our hotel at the top of the terraces was better than I had expected. I couldn't find out much about hotels in Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 21, 2014
- VIP...a colori!!!Come anticipato ad alcuni di voi, sabato scorso ho partecipato alla "Color Run" qui a Nanjing.
Di cosa si tratta? Di una manifestazione in cui sostanzialmente SI CORRE e ci si tira addosso quintali di polvere colorata.
Di fatto la corsa si Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 20, 2014
- Guilin and The Longji Rice TerracesGreetings from northern Guangxi Province!
The first 2 days of our China Highlights tour were spent in the Longji rice terraces near the town of Longsheng, about 2 hours drive north of the city of Guilin. Longji means "dragon's back". Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 19, 2014
- Thursday evening 7/17To celebrate the move-in to the new office, the company decided to go to a rock-wall center last night. Most had never tried this before, so it was fun to watch. DH and I felt like proud parents Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- Thursday afternoon 7/16With the expected temperature to be in the 80s today, and the clouds parting for a blue-sky day, I dragged Rass out for the afternoon. Racket and Beemer chose to stay in and would later walk down to the Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- Good bye and Nihao!Hello,
This is a quick note from the present, 10:45 pm on July 17. We have come to the end of our wonderful Homeland Tour with our great group of co-travellers and friends. I have fallen behind on Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 17, 2014
- PIOVONO CANI E GATTI!!!Vi chiederete il perché di questo titolo, non è che qui in Cina piove qualcosa di diverso dalla pioggia (anche se con l'inquinamento che c'é qui non mi stupirei se piovessero davvero degli animali!) è semplicemente un modo di dire Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 16, 2014