- Getting ready for the New YearUndoubtedly, the Lunar New Year, which is also called spring festival, is the most important and celebrated holiday in China. It is similar to Christmas in the U.S., except that there are way more people celebrating the spring festival:) Posted by suveri in Wuhan You | Mar 19, 2013
- Yīnghuā (Cherry Blossoms)Spring has got to be the most beautiful time of year, especially in China.
Zhonglun Park in Xiamen is alight with pink and white blossoms now, so we went for a dreamy morning walk on our day off.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/540952/IMG_ Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Mar 19, 2013
- The flower fair of GuangzhouGuangzhou, with its subtropical climate, is known as the flower city of China. Every year right before the Chinese New Year, there are flower fairs of various sizes throughout the city. We went to a good sized one nearest to Posted by suveri in Wuhan You | Mar 19, 2013
- Guójì fùnǚ jié (International Women's Day)On the 5th of March, China celebrates International Women's day.
Our company told us they had planned a day out for all us ladies.
My brain immediately painted an enticing picture of a pampering spa day with beautifying treatments and Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Mar 19, 2013
- Don't chicken out...there's something fishy in the bathroomA few nights ago while at my desk in my room I heard a splash. I figured my 奶奶 was mopping or doing the dishes so I didn't give it another thought. My family invited friends over so for dinner Posted by Kaceyroo in Kacey <3 China | Mar 19, 2013
- Am I Really Spending my Kuai on This?[b]NOTE: Yes, my exchange ended in August 2010 and I'm posting almost three years later. Much has happened since then. But my 15-year old self wrote this blog, and kept it saved as a draft so photos could be added. Posted by jennhuynh in 我的夏天在中国 | Mar 18, 2013
- Most intesting blog post ever!!!! This blog post is one i wrote a while ago and have had on back stock. I have so much I want to say and so little spare time anymore. So in the meantime when I am trying to write Posted by Kaceyroo in Kacey <3 China | Mar 18, 2013
- the definition of chillin'Pardon me, I've got stack loads of ambition to satiate but I've got to get over my internet addiction first.
On Saturday I had a bee in my bonnet about emulators and downloaded one for the BBC Micro and one for Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | Mar 17, 2013
- He had a lot of bottleI heard workers outside my rooms this morning and the sound of bottles chinking. It was going on for quite a while before I figured out what it was and checked by poking my head around the front door. Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | Mar 17, 2013
- Beijing Private Cultural TourBeijing, December 26th 2012
Before leaving for China, I booked [[http://www.viator.com/tours/Beijing/Private-Cultural-Tour-Hutong-Rickshaw-Ride-Tea-Ceremony-and-Dumpling-Making-in-Beijing/d321-5533CBJF/TR|a private cultural tour through Viator]] for 70 Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 16, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part I - The PDF VersionsHello all!
I hope this works. Since beginning the blog, I've been looking for a way to link and share the PDF newsletters I previously created here.
I have now found that way (go back to the [[http://katya42.travellerspoint.com/4/|Taxi entry]] to find Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 15, 2013
- Don't ask, don't tellI was tidying up my desk today when I came across one of the letters written by my students for the 'Secret Box', a somewhat crude feedback mechanism I tried out in a lesson last semester. It was uncommonly Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | Mar 15, 2013
- Happy Pi Day
And we R dorks.
And we have no round pie pans. Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Mar 15, 2013
- Happy New Year!Chinese (lunar) New Year was officially celebrated Feb 9-12, which was a few days before we arrived back in Harbin. However, like Christmas trees that last until February, the Chinese just don't want the fun to end and so Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Mar 13, 2013
- Panties [center]Today's blog is about panties. And after telling this story to my mom she insisted that I blog about this. Although this was after she told me a lot of my former teachers ( my mom works at my high Posted by Kaceyroo in Kacey <3 China | Mar 13, 2013
- TaxisRecounting my Beijing workshop made me start thinking about taxis. I thought it might make a nice, focused post. We'll see how many photos I can find to support it! (this one will involve more folder-roaming than staying with one Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 13, 2013
- Return to Kaili[center][/center]
Returning to Kaili, we were already a little bit sad that the trip was coming to an end, but we still had our final festival to look forward to. At a nearby village, the [i]Intern Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Mar 13, 2013
- Western Culture course re-bootedI found some lectures by Ian Morris on Youtube, which I thought were really rather good, until he started losing his way by paying too much heed to Ray Kurzweil's singularity theory. But I took the bit that he Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | Mar 13, 2013
- Learning to skateRoller skating is quite popular among kids in China, particularly guangzhou given its mild temperature even in winter months. The second day after we arrived, we went to a shopping center for lunch with Zhexiong's friends. On the big empty Posted by suveri in Wuhan You | Mar 12, 2013
- Rising from My Lowest PointBeijing, December 25th 2012
The first lesson I learned that morning was that it takes time to get dress in winter. I'm counting like a factory working system. Firstly, I have to put on fourfold the usual layers I use to Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 12, 2013
- Extreme Shish-kabobs My pianist is back, although tonight I have so much homework I am drowning her out with Macklemore and Robert DeLong so i can power through. I got into a really wacky sleep pattern on the weekend. awake for 12 Posted by Kaceyroo in Kacey <3 China | Mar 11, 2013
- Xiàmén dàxué (University)Xiamen University is known as the most beautiful university in China.
I had still not seen it after living in Xiamen for 4 months, so decided it was time to change that.
A friend who studies there took us Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Mar 11, 2013
- internet headMac is running slowly. Could be because I'm getting bogged down...
This is a snapshot of my desktop. I have 3 browsers running. Safari has 3 pages open, Firefox has 10, Chrome has 9. Ram Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | Mar 11, 2013
- Leaving China3 weeks in China was great fun, things I will miss : Firstly, being able to spit freely everwhere, secondly, the mad taxi drivers and all other traffic related madness, thirdly, using martial arts, kick boxing or just plain Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Mar 10, 2013
- From Poprad to ChinaHello everybody,
this is my new blog and I am quite a beginner in this matter, so please forgive me some strarting failures :)
toto je mapka ako som letel ;)
[ Posted by jozkojunior in Jozo's travel world | Mar 10, 2013