- Day 14Waking up to a glorious day and being able to look out our bedroom windows to the stunning view was a perfect start to our day. Breakfast was waiting for us and once again we ate on the terrace. Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 16, 2015
- Chinese AirBnBThese are the AirBnB of China, where locals open up their homes to tourists in popular destinations. It can be as cheap as $5/night during the low season to $50/night for those who don't negotiate during the high season.
[img=http://www.boyang.photogra Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 15, 2015
- Beijing / Shanghai - Day 8Today we leave Beijing for Shanghai and we get to experience the express bullet trains that connect so many of China's distant metropolises. I think there's an optimal distance that trains at this speed (300kph) outweigh the faster travel Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 14, 2015
- Shiny new buildingsWhile the new and shiny train stations in China are impressive and modern looking, what it lacks compared to the older train stations is personality. The older stations would have small street vendors crowded at the entrance selling everything from Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 14, 2015
- INFERNO's RACEDal titolo sembra un'inferno appunto ma in realta' e' stata un'esperienza bellissima...
Una caccia al tesoro per le vie di Nanjing organizzata da italiani (siamo gia' alla terza edizione) e il tema e' appunto l'Inferno della Divina Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Apr 14, 2015
- Beijing - Day 7Today was another early morning start for us - we arranged for a car to pick us up form the hotel at 9.30am and given we'd be going non-stop for 8 hours we made sure the kids (and ourselves!) had Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 13, 2015
- Day 13Instead of enjoying a well earned sleep in this morning, John hiked up to No. 1 viewpoint for the sunrise. He claims it was worth it but looking at him when he returned all hot and sweaty well I Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 13, 2015
- Day 12Knowing it was going to be a long day today we were up bright and early and ready to set off soon after our guide arrived. Jason's wife's aunty (also called Liao) was to lead us from Pingan to Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 13, 2015
- Feet fetishsHow much do the Chinese like their chicken feet? They have them in instant, ready to eat packages.
Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 13, 2015
- Sunday 15th March 2015 to Wednesday 18th March 2015[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/736374/270_aaaa_china_ Posted by Paula50th in Slow Boat To China | Apr 13, 2015
- Hutongs of Beijing and Lama Temple
We'd gone into hibernation mode, killing time in the morning in the misguided hope that it would warm up, although it never did. We also had an unhealthy addiction to the Logos game/app that c Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Apr 12, 2015
- Day 11It was sad to depart Yangshuo this morning, our stay here had been wonderful. We had seen some great sights, experienced some fantastic activities and been treated like family in the terrific Tea Cozy Hotel. But Longji beckoned Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 12, 2015
- Beijing - Day 6Today was planned to be a late start and indeed it was - we barely made breakfast at 10am! It was meant to be raining today but the weather was lovely, mostly in the high teens and touching 20 Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 12, 2015
- Want a good vista point? Look no further.If you ever need to find a good viewing spot at a tourist destination, look out for these photo booths, for $0.85 you can get a 4x3 instant print of the best scenic spots in that place.
[img=http://www.boyang.photography/photos/i-68V9SdG/0/M/i-68V9SdG- Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 12, 2015
- My little voyage[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=Snifou&tripid=732201|Our trip]] Posted by Snifou in China 2015 | Apr 11, 2015
- Shanxi - The little jewel of ChinaBefore I start, I have to mention 山西 (Shanxi) is not to be confused with another major province of China 陕西(Shan’an’xi), both of which have similar sounding names but offering vastly different experiences . Although I went to the desired Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2015
- Beijing - Day 5We landed at Beijing international airport last night after a relatively short flight (1 hr 45 mins) and we were picked up by one of the hotel drivers. Our hotel was approximately 40mins from the airport in a central Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2015
- Pink slime mystery solvedWhile most people associate pink slime with Chicken McNuggets, they are actually made from chicken meat. These Chinese sausages however, taste like cardboard, has consistency of hard Play Doh, and have a shelf life of 1 year. Mystery solved.
[img=http Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 11, 2015
- Xi'an - Day 4Apologies for the delay in this day 4 entry - we've done a lot in the last 24 hours and we were very tired after traveling last night from Xi'an to Beijing.
This morning Arjan was up first and Maya Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 10, 2015
- Day 10It started to drizzle rain today and thankfully we did not have a major excursion planned. When there was a break in the weather we borrowed a couple of bikes and cycled in the opposite direction to the path Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 10, 2015
- Sleepover on a trainOne of the best ways to travel across China, given its huge distances, is the night train. In the hard sleeper compartments, you have 6 beds to a cell. A 12 hour journey would cost around $30.
[img=http://www.boyang.photography/photos/i-9Zrxkdb/0/M/i-9 Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 10, 2015
- The painful process of getting a visaYou know, when you do something and you think "now that was money well spent..." .? Now I don't feel like that at all, about paying for a visa to enter a country. It's like an invisible tax they Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Apr 9, 2015
Home! Posted by jctissier in Grad Trip 15' | Apr 9, 2015
- Day 9Woke with a feeling of weariness and wanted to snuggle back under the covers as it was cool again today.
Following another delicious breakfast, we organised a driver to take us to the viewpoints north of Yangshuo that we had not Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 9, 2015
- Day 8There was a huge thunderstorm throughout the night and we woke to drizzling rain. Being optimistic we organised bicycles for today's planned cycling tour.
The rain had stopped when we set off but we had not got far Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 9, 2015