- Sunday 15th March 2015 to Wednesday 18th March 2015[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/736374/270_aaaa_china_ Posted by Paula50th in Slow Boat To China | Apr 13, 2015
- Hutongs of Beijing and Lama Temple
We'd gone into hibernation mode, killing time in the morning in the misguided hope that it would warm up, although it never did. We also had an unhealthy addiction to the Logos game/app that c Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Apr 12, 2015
- Day 11It was sad to depart Yangshuo this morning, our stay here had been wonderful. We had seen some great sights, experienced some fantastic activities and been treated like family in the terrific Tea Cozy Hotel. But Longji beckoned Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 12, 2015
- Beijing - Day 6Today was planned to be a late start and indeed it was - we barely made breakfast at 10am! It was meant to be raining today but the weather was lovely, mostly in the high teens and touching 20 Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 12, 2015
- Want a good vista point? Look no further.If you ever need to find a good viewing spot at a tourist destination, look out for these photo booths, for $0.85 you can get a 4x3 instant print of the best scenic spots in that place.
[img=http://www.boyang.photography/photos/i-68V9SdG/0/M/i-68V9SdG- Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 12, 2015
- My little voyage[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=Snifou&tripid=732201|Our trip]] Posted by Snifou in China 2015 | Apr 11, 2015
- Shanxi - The little jewel of ChinaBefore I start, I have to mention 山西 (Shanxi) is not to be confused with another major province of China 陕西(Shan’an’xi), both of which have similar sounding names but offering vastly different experiences . Although I went to the desired Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2015
- Beijing - Day 5We landed at Beijing international airport last night after a relatively short flight (1 hr 45 mins) and we were picked up by one of the hotel drivers. Our hotel was approximately 40mins from the airport in a central Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2015
- Pink slime mystery solvedWhile most people associate pink slime with Chicken McNuggets, they are actually made from chicken meat. These Chinese sausages however, taste like cardboard, has consistency of hard Play Doh, and have a shelf life of 1 year. Mystery solved.
[img=http Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 11, 2015
- Xi'an - Day 4Apologies for the delay in this day 4 entry - we've done a lot in the last 24 hours and we were very tired after traveling last night from Xi'an to Beijing.
This morning Arjan was up first and Maya Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 10, 2015
- Day 10It started to drizzle rain today and thankfully we did not have a major excursion planned. When there was a break in the weather we borrowed a couple of bikes and cycled in the opposite direction to the path Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 10, 2015
- Sleepover on a trainOne of the best ways to travel across China, given its huge distances, is the night train. In the hard sleeper compartments, you have 6 beds to a cell. A 12 hour journey would cost around $30.
[img=http://www.boyang.photography/photos/i-9Zrxkdb/0/M/i-9 Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 10, 2015
- The painful process of getting a visaYou know, when you do something and you think "now that was money well spent..." .? Now I don't feel like that at all, about paying for a visa to enter a country. It's like an invisible tax they Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Apr 9, 2015
Home! Posted by jctissier in Grad Trip 15' | Apr 9, 2015
- Day 9Woke with a feeling of weariness and wanted to snuggle back under the covers as it was cool again today.
Following another delicious breakfast, we organised a driver to take us to the viewpoints north of Yangshuo that we had not Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 9, 2015
- Day 8There was a huge thunderstorm throughout the night and we woke to drizzling rain. Being optimistic we organised bicycles for today's planned cycling tour.
The rain had stopped when we set off but we had not got far Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 9, 2015
- Who said there are no water fountains in ChinaThere are plenty of free drinking water around the transit hubs and vehicles. Of course, they are usually boiling water as most prefer hot water for health and sanitary reasons, not to mention to make tea/instant noodles.
[img=http://www.boyang.photogr Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 9, 2015
- Hong Kong /Xi'an - Day 3Today we're traveling from Hong Kong to Xi'an - the city where a farmer digging a water well in 1974 discovered one of the most important archaeological finds in history - the Terracotta Army. More on that to follow Posted by jagblog in Jagpal's Travel Blog | Apr 8, 2015
- Day 7From stripping down to the undies to try to cool off one day to not having enough layers to keep warm the next, even I felt the cold today, but once we started our big hike things warmed up a Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 8, 2015
- Day 6The Qingming festival continued today and we woke to the sound of fire crackers going off nearby....a sound that continued throughout the day. We were planning on an organised day but plans changed slightly when our hotel manager could Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 7, 2015
- Toasts are for LaowaiHere you see a typical Chinese breakfast: plain congee with pickles, steamed bun with red beaks, and youtiao. The rice wine on the bottom is extra, I forgot to remove it from the table before taking the photo. Total cost: Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Apr 16, 2015
- Day 5John enjoyed a bit of a sleep in today whilst I chose to have a quiet cuppa out on our balcony, enjoying the view and watching the passing parade along the roadway below. Did not have to rush this Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 5, 2015
- Day 4After an early breakfast we were off to Yangshuo, a two hour forgetful drive. Leaving Guilin in peak hour traffic gave us time to observe the crazy traffic scene. Motor bike riders wearing hard hats for helmets (or Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 3John was up bright and early this morning, taking a walk around the lake capturing images of the Sun and Moon Pagodas reflecting on the still lake surface.
I decided coffee was more interes Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 2Managed a reasonable night's sleep despite the hard mattress but was awake before sunrise.....I guess it was jetlag. After a nice buffet breakfast we set off to the shopping centre just across the road from our hotel. Not Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 2, 2015