- Lazy week in ShanghaiSunday, Day 1:
Monday, Day 2: We went to see my great grandma. Then we went to brunch I got a toy. I got it from my cousin. We went out to dinner at Momma's uncle's house.
Tuesday, Day Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jul 1, 2015
- Day TwoWe woke up and got dressed and went for breakfast.After breakfast we tidyied up from breakfast and had free time around the campsite then we packed lunches for the day and prepared for the day. We had morning tea and Posted by Stjaks45 in Ryan's Camp Journal | Jun 30, 2015
- I hate technologyI am going to try and put up the remainder of yesterday's photos while it is still relatively early here, 5.30 pm and the hotel wifi is not too slow.
Loved the kids hairdressers in a shopping mall, reckon they would Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- Step OneThanks to Bec and Tia for delivering us safely to Tullamarine and seeing us ‘through the doors’. It was a feeling of dejuvu for us as they took us on the same trip 11 years ago when we set Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jun 28, 2015
- Good bye Shanghai – Hello Guilin and Hong KongDay 14 - Shanghai – May 19, 2015
This morning we woke up and looked out the window from our 47th floor and couldn’t see a thing! The fog was so thick we couldn’t even see the roof of the Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- The Dam & the end of the Cruise portion of our trip===Day 10 - Three Gorges Dam – May 15, 2015===
First thing in the morning we disembark for a tour of the Three Gorges Dam where we learn all about this major engineering masterpiece and what it means for the Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- Down the Yangtze Through the Three Gorges to the Dam===Day 8 Shibaozhai – May 13, 2015===
With no bus to catch and no luggage to place outside our room we got off to a lazy start of our first day on the river. After an excellent breakfast in the Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- Chongqing and Boarding the Viking Emerald===Day 7 Chongqing – May 12, 2015===
Our two hour flight was uneventful and we arrived in Chongquin in mid afternoon. Chongqing (formerly Chungking) is China’s largest inland city with over 30 million people and plans for more growth. It is Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- Beijing to Xian===Day 5 Beijing and Xian – May 10, 2015===
This morning we were up and packed and left our luggage outside our room by 8:30 am before having a last wonderful breakfast at the Westin. The hotel and tour Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- Off To China We Go===Background===
For some years we have both had an interest in seeing China. What better way to see the country than combining a land tour with a River Cruise on one of the great rivers of the world, the Yangtze? After Posted by DavidandHazel in Enchanting China | Jun 25, 2015
- New Start...So I've started a new blog - a few months ago now actually, and it seems to be going ok. So if you'd like to read it, please click [[https://persephone2015.wordpress.com/|[[here]]]]. Posted by Persephoned in Adventures in China | Jun 18, 2015
- In Beijing being touristsHi folks. Backup plan to use this blog, as I don't seem to have access to the google based blogspot here in China.
Ben and I arrived safely in Beijing, and have been exploring. We hired a driver to take Posted by crostron in Orchid Tour of Sichuan China | Jun 17, 2015
- A l'asiatiqueEn attendant mes prochaines aventures.. voici la photo du jour!
Until my next post, here's the picture of the day:
Mon petit étudiant et sa grand-m Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Jun 17, 2015
- The things that is worth paying more forThere are a few things in the world, other than cakes, I don't mind spend extra money for, and one of them is hospitality of honest people.
On my way to a tourist attraction, the bus was caught in a Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 15, 2015
- A bigger Lugu LakeErhai next to Dali, China is one of the popular tourist attractions in the area. Encompassing an area much bigger than Lugu lake, riding around the lake will take at least two days. During the ride, one is able to Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 14, 2015
- The small village of ShaxiShaxi is a small town (pop 35,000) located in the middle of one of the world's most important trade routes, the tea horse trade route.
Sometimes referred as the southern silk road, the route was an important highway between China, Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 13, 2015
- Lugu LakeLugu lake, sitting more than 2600m near the border of Sichuan and Yunnan, is serene lake tucked inside a mountain valley.Reached only by a 6hr+ bus, it is rather remote and one can walk along the rocky shores in Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 12, 2015
- A gorge where a tiger once leptTiger leaping gorge is a major tourist destination in northern Yunnan province. The 8 hours one way trek takes the hiker from small villages in open valleys to narrow ledges of straight drops of more than 500m.
Although in recent years, Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 11, 2015
- An opera with cool costumesChinese opera, much like the plays and the performances of the other ancient civilizations, it tells the stories of friendship, love, betrayal, conflict, and redemption. There are tragic plays as wells as comedic and inspirational ones, very much similar Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 10, 2015
- Yubeng, a trekker's heavenYubeng village, tucked away in the northwestern corner of Yunnan province, is a trekker's heaven.
Reached only by a 4hr+ constant uphill, followed by a 2hr+ downhill journey by foot (or by the numerous donkeys for the tourists who are not Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 9, 2015
- Hong Kong, ChinaDay One
My flight from Kuala Lumpur has just landed at Hong Kong International Airport in Hong Kong, China. The flight was just under four hours long and cost me $183.00. The total distance between Malaysia's capital and Hong Posted by acrm2015 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- Hong KongDay One
I arrive in Hong Kong at Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel I check into is called Guangdong Hotel Shanghai. This hotel is a four star hotel and is $86 CAD a night to stay here. This hotel has Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2015
- The best tripsSometimes the best trips are the unplanned ones.
I wasn't planning to go to Deqin due to bad weather forecasts, me being short on time, and it being out of the way. But it turned out to be a fantastically Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | Jun 8, 2015
- Final Exams and FarewellsFinals week and my last week in China! Tuesday was the day of my first exam. As I am the only student in my class doing the twelve week program, I took my test alone in a room Posted by exg07161 in An Eastern Mind in a Western World | Jun 7, 2015
- Interactions with the LocalsOn Tuesday, I had my weekly meeting with my Chinese teacher, Zhou laoshi, and her daughter to whom I teach English. We’ve been meeting at a small café inside a small community for retired college teachers. Every week, Posted by exg07161 in An Eastern Mind in a Western World | Jun 7, 2015