- Catching up ........==03 August 2014==
Well, it’s been a little more than a month since we landed in Asia. There has been an abundance of highs with a low or two sprinkled in which has made me appreciate those highs so much Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Plan changeAs soon as I had booked the flights and tour guide for our Guilin trip, Rass and I both got sick. He, with daily fever episodes, and me, with general malaise that I am quite sure was Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Going to the Chapel and Han's Gonna Get Married!The trip to CGQ was planned so I could attend Hannah’s wedding…seeing everyone again was just a bonus. Most of the staff, and even some of my former Pre-IB C Class were in attendance…and as per usual, we were Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Visiting da Chun & My "Former" LifeI awoke on time and Tony the Taxi Man provided me a great minivan ride to the airport and I stopped by the China Southern Airlines Hotel on the way so I could drop off my big suitcases—each for India Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- The Madness BeginsWell, after so much stressing out trying to balance getting ready to go to all these places this summer, packing 3 separate cases (one carry-on, one medium and one large), getting my house in order for the summer and working Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Terracotta Warriors and a giant Buddha!We left Beijing and headed to Xian on the bullet train!
Even Superman would have trouble keeping up!...okay
maybe not...it's top speed was 314 km/hr. A 10 hour trip
is now a 4 hour trip. Nice!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/4FE5E6 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 4, 2014
- ARIA DI VACANZE!!!Come molti di voi già sanno, tra poche ore sarò di nuovo in Italia (in realtà tra poche ore ho il volo quindi tra UN PO' PIù di 'poche ore' sarò in Italia!!!!).
Evvivaaaaaaa vado in vacanzaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Io si, il blog non Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 3, 2014
- Xining to Lhasa - Its all about training ;)Xining is an interesting city where we had a short stop over, it is an amazing city surrounded by mountains (i kept thinking it must have been so much work to establish a city so high up !) and one Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Aug 3, 2014
- The Baisha Murals and Shuhe Old TownSo with the feeling of exhilaration coursing through our veins - or at least mine - after our "ascent" of the snow mountain, we drove into Baisha, one of a number of old villages in the Lijiang area for lunch Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 3, 2014
- Ascent of the Jade Dragon Snow MountainSo as I mentioned in our last post the girls had developed fevers and coughs and as our itinerary for today had us ascending (by cable car) a "snow mountain" to over 4500 m elevation, we thought the prudent thing Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- From Wild West Street to the Real Wild West of ChinaWith our laundry done it was time to move on. Before we left Yangshuo, we had one more thing to do, learn Chinese painting. It's just black ink on white paper...can't be that hard....wrong!...as we were about to learn. Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- Scaring up the ducks!Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - kind of a slow day.
Started with a big thunderstorm in the night, then
pouring rain in the AM (thunder sounds the same in
China as at home...no oriental accent...)
It cleared off later, so we were off Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 2, 2014
- The Emperor's back!Tuesday, July 29/14
We tried for Mao again, but it's just too crazy
competing with 1,000's of people, gates blocking
the way, bag scanners, admission fees....and well
when the going gets tough...the tough go to the
Temple of Heaven!
A very prett Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 1, 2014
- China part 1 - Nanning and Yangshuo[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 1, 2014
- The last one- XianSo I will be starting work soon and this will be my last trip before entering into my next phase of life. Sure i will still have more opportunities to travel then but not without a larger opportunity cost and Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jul 31, 2014
- 50 sfumature di...pallido!Benche’ sia ripasuto che nella terra d’oriente il sole non e’ nella lista degli amici della pelle, mi stupisce ancora molto vedere gente (direi solo donne) in giro con l’ombrello con il sole a picco.
Eh si perche’ qui essere bianco-pallido-fantasmatico Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 1, 2014
- Pics as promised! Donghuamen Night Market! Brace yourself!Here they are!
Things you can get on a shishkabob, or Larry's BBQ
tips - the special delights from the Donghuamen Night
Every night since 1984!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/7D5931C22219AC68175B7B0A4A337D2B Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 31, 2014
- ChengDu ChinaWhat attracted me to this place was the place called 'JiuZhaiGou' in the itinerary. JiuZhaiGou was a really beautiful place with vivid colour ponds and lakes amidst a serene landscape. And what somehow spoilt the wonderful place is the dirty Posted by puileng in My Adventures ... travel is my life ... | Nov 9, 2013
- The Great Wall!But first a word on breakfast.
I did not know it was NOT a self-serve waffle iron! And also that
if you don't put a little oil on the grills the waffle batter burns
to them...and then you have to pick out all Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 29, 2014
- Weekend adventure to GuilinThursday we head out for our last outing from base camp Shanghai. I have saved the best for last and so we will be flying down to Guilin and the Li River. I have also taken the plunge Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Chinese dinnerTonight we went to a business dinner at a nearby hotel. It was an extravagant meal, served in a private dining room. Within the room was one round table set for 10. If you know me well, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Cupping & Scraping, anyone?Today I decided to start catching up on my massage quota. Went down the street and selected the “back detox” at a massage place my friend had taken me to last year. As my back and neck were Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- On a bicycle built for two!So to round out our top 3 highlights for Yangshuo (in addition to the bamboo boat cruise down the Li River and free laundry at our hotel) we elected to go bicycling in the countryside. The girls aren't strong Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Larry's BBQ tips, or Things you can put on a shishkabobSunday was Tiananmen Square day.
Tiananmen Square is one HUGE place. Probably about 5 blocks
by 5 blocks (get the "square" part?) At one end is Mao's Mausoleum,
at the other the Forbidden City. In the middle lots of cement, lots of
You Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Jul 28, 2014
- Hong Kong and ChinaWe flew from Manila to Hong Kong, where we stayed in a tiny hotel room in Chongking Mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui. Despite the mist and drizzle, we took the Star Ferry over to Hong Kong Island, Jimmy went camera Posted by emjim in Emily and Jimmy Go Global! | Jul 28, 2014