- Fángzi (House)Our new mansion!
I have just moved into my third flat in 10 months of living here in Xiamen. My last flat was very good: a two bed apartment on the 21st floor in the middle of the city. Its really Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 22, 2013
- My favourite Chinese wordsWhile I have been living here in Xiamen I have been trying to learn Chinese in my spare time. Chinese is such a logical language, I really love it. The grammar is so much more simple than English grammar, and Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 22, 2013
- Litang ལི་ཐང་རྫོང Tashi Delek བཀྲ་ཤིས་བདེ་ལེགས & el Far West
L’arribada a Litang la nit anterior va ser convulsa (remitanse al último capítulo), però ens havíem quedat en el viatge... El Potala Inn, la guesthouse on ens va deixar el Carlos Sainz s Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 21, 2013
- Mahjong on the YangtzeAfter a morning in a pay-by-the-hour hotel (for post-train showering you understand, though one doubts the motives of the other customers) we left Chongqing by bus for Wanzhou, where our river boat awaited us. I think we had all pictured Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 21, 2013
- Bo Bing (Mooncake Gambling)Mooncake gambling is a tradition found only in Xiamen, and played during the mid-autumn festival.
It consists of a large bowl and 6 dice. Each player has a turn to roll the dice into the bowl, and then prizes are Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 20, 2013
- Yuèbǐng (Mooncakes)Mid-Autumn Festival in China.
A time for family re-union, reflected in the perfect completeness of the full moon.
We took a class to learn how to make moon cakes to celebrate the festival as friends.
We were invited into a Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 20, 2013
- Beijing Continued...I haven't finished with the Summer Palace. I went there on Steve's birthday thinking I would visit what he might have chosen. By necessity, that means water and there is a huge lake on the grounds. Now here Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Sep 20, 2013
- Haugnshan mountainWas keen to see the sunrise again so was another early morning, worrying this is becoming a trend. Got dressed and packed my stuff and headed out but it was fogy and raining lightly. I climbed to brightness peak anyway Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 20, 2013
- A day on Huangshan mountainAnother early start, 4:30 am to be up in time for the sunrise, it was cold and crowded and less peaceful then the top of Fuji but once the sun started to rise it was lovely.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/434C01A72219AC6817BFEE3C4F4CE83D. Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 20, 2013
- Haugnshan mountain - yellow mountainWoke up at 5am so I could get showered, dressed and fed before the bus came. I left my full pack at the hostel and just took my day pack, which was now heavy as I had my hiking gear Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 19, 2013
- Haugnshan townArrived earlyish, but first things first I needed to organise my next few days on the mountain and onward travel. The hostel was run down but very quaint, I could see it having a good vibe with more people, but Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 19, 2013
- Food = FuelI disagree with my blog title whole heartedly. I think food is the essence of culture, it creates interest in uninteresting situations and it is damn tasty. I have recently been pondering what I would consider my passions in life, Posted by MissMaggieMae in Wonderlust | Sep 19, 2013
- Girls girls girlsNone for months.. then five come all at once. Well, let's not get too excited. 5 women were texting me on Wechat today. An ex that dates back to 2006 and got in touch recently, a Mongolian Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Sep 19, 2013
- Leaving ShanghaiSlept late again cause of the late night. Did some more travel planning, had some eggs for breaky and packed my bag ready to head off again.
Rachel read my tarot again... Very interesting
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/1D6036132219AC68174 Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 19, 2013
- Welcome to the People's Republic of China: Beijing When I arrived in Beijing via the Airport Express, I almost wept with joy...so CLEAN and efficient. The subway is amazing; it's extensive with easy to understand signage in English. The announcements are in English, as well. Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Sep 20, 2013
- going around and first night out===Halooo!!
Včeraj sem šla s sošolko pogledat zlat tempelj, ker je blizu našega faksa, časa pa ni bilo dovolj za daljše raziskovanje. Tempelj se nahaja sredi prometnega dela Shanghaija, obkrožajo ga ogromne avtoceste in šoping centri. Ja, smešno. Namre Posted by abovethesea in v centru sveta, nad morjem | Sep 19, 2013
- Pottery PeopleWe came to Xi'an for the Terracotta Army but had a day to kill beforehand so spent some time strolling around the Muslim Quarter and seeing the Drum and Bell Towers, the latter of which is now marooned on a Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 18, 2013
- North-western ChinaHello again! I hope everyone is well. Lachlan and I have spent the last week in northern China, but we are making our way west and south by degrees. Right now we are in Tianshui, which is a city with Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Sep 18, 2013
- Happy Mid-Autumn FestivalToday is Mid-Autumn Festival in China. It's a day to celebrate and eat mooncakes. Mooncakes are not at all like a western "cake." It's a cake in the sense that it's slightly sweet and it's baked. Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Sep 18, 2013
- Mid-Autumn festivalI had a bedside phone call this morning from a mysterious Chinese man wanting to know what the extension number was for reception. I truthfully told him I didn't know (wasn't odd he'd phoned me direct?) and then he Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Sep 18, 2013
- A day in ShanghaiSlept late since we all had a late night. I reserved my hostel and train tickets for my next destination... Finally something sorted out. I have a feeling my planning for south china might be a bit more relaxed and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 18, 2013
- Kangding དར་མདོ་ i la GRAN PILLADA
Aquestes línies les estem escrivint des del Chiruman Youth Hostel a Kangding, Dartsendo (དར་མདོ་) en tibetà, escoltant els xiulets i crits dels militars xinesos a Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 18, 2013
- Happy to be back! Back in Beijing we were given some free time to explore. TTC provided a coach to take us into Beijing, and from there we would go it alone. Myself and Gail had no idea what we wanted to do with Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 31, 2013
- Fun with TEFL training and Chinese cultural classesThis week we had two days of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training, one day off and then two days of cultural activities planned. Our TEFL tutor, James, was great. He used lots of fun activities that we Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 27, 2013
- Travelling north to HarbinI packed my bags once more and checked out of the Orchid. The hotel ordered me a taxi, helped carry my bags out and told the driver where I needed to go. It was just under £10 to get to Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 22, 2013