- 5. Cloud Dispensing PavilionAfter our time in the rice terraces we spent a few days in Shanghai, but we were excited to get back to nature. We made our way to Huangshan Mountains (Yellow Mountains).
There were three options to get to the top Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 21, 2015
- La chine en image – épisode 2 ===Après ces quatres mois plutôt intenses je me suis remise en route, Cette fois-ci direction Ningxia, tout au nord de la Chine, pour participer à un camp d'été international. Comme j'avais deux semaines pour m'y rendre, j'en ai profiter pour Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Aug 20, 2015
- Made In ChinaSo this is what is feels like to be a rock star...long hair, jet lag, another hotel room, all thats missing is the fame, fortune and wild parties, unless you count two bottles of Tsing Tao, a pot of jasmine Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 9- BeijingI woke up excited, eager for my Olympic tour. I couldn't wait to see the arenas in which world class athletes had performed. I got on the bus that took me to Olympic Park. On the bus I felt a Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 8- BeijingAfter a quick brekkie provided by the hotel I was on my way to begin the Panda Tour. The tour began with seeing all the animals in the Beijing Zoo. All the animals were all so full of personalities but Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 7- BeijingI woke up today after a refreshing sleep in a comfier bed than the trains and eager to embark on my Beijing Classic Tour. This meant that I (yes I) got to walk onto the famous Wall of China. Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 6- arriving in BeijingAfter a rocky sleep I woke up ready for the remainder of my day, relaxing, enjoying the scenery of the train trip and playing cards with my new pals. The train trip took a while and I was keen to Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- 4. People, people, and more people ... no people?First on the list sightseeing list was Guiling, Guangzhou. Nestled along the Li River, we were excited to see the epic landscapes and experience ‘rural’ China. Little did we know this place was basically a tourist trap, serving better as Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- 3. Ready, set, GO!As we sit waiting for our first over night train, all we can hear is muffled mandarin being blasted over the intercom, English has pretty much disappeared. Pointing and head nods is what gets us to where we need Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- Thousand Buddha MountainYesterday we made the journey to Thousand Buddha Mountain, which proved to be one of our favourite landmarks yet. Located within the city, there seems to be some confusion as to whether the mountain is actually a hill. All I Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 6, 2015
- Jinan ZooYesterday we decided to head to Jinan Zoo to see their Giant Pandas. JInan Zoo is located in the north of Jinan, about 15 miles from where we live. The journey was simple enough, we got a bus into the Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 3, 2015
- Quancheng Square, Baotu Spring and the Five Dragon Pool!For our next adventure in Jinan we decided to visit Quancheng Square, Baotu springs and the Five Dragon Pool, three of Jinan's main landmarks.
To get there, we decided to take the bus again and it was an easy ride straight Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 2, 2015
- KAREN'S KHORA REFLECTIONS As we set off this morning Chime stops and enters one of the buildings on Dharchen’s main street – we’re not sure why. We follow Jamba's lead, carrying on through Dharchen towards the khora’s trailhead. It isn’t long before it Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Aug 1, 2015
- TIBET (Days 10-14)Day 10 (May 24, 2015) Lake Mansarovar – Darchen
Today we reach Darchen, basecamp for Mt Kailash trek.
Night in Guest house
Another late morning, we awaken at 8 am. We celebrate that our expedition sleeping bags (good to -20 degrees Celsius Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Jul 30, 2015
- Daming LakeOur first big adventure in Jinan was visiting one of the city's many famous landmarks, Daming Lake. It's the biggest lake in the city and is fed by the its many springs.
At first we thought the journey into the city Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 30, 2015
- We're in China!After 3 plane journeys we arrived in Jinan, China, on Saturday. Today is our 6th day here and so far everyday has been an adventure!
On our very first evening we looked out of our apartment window to see some Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 30, 2015
- TIBET (Days 4 - 9)[b]Day 04 (May 18, 2015) Excursion to Ganden Monastery.
You will start your tour at around 9 am and drive along the Lhasa River dominated by beautiful Tibetan villages and herds of yaks grazing on the mountainside of the Ganden monastery. Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Jul 29, 2015
- Ending our trip in meditation and eating!Our final stop in Thailand was to the island of Koh Samui. Koh Samui is located along the east coast and is the second largest islands in Thailand. Samui is much larger than our tropical paradise of Koh Lanta and Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jul 29, 2015
- HOLIDAYS!!!!!È il momento di fare il viaggio più bello: quello di ritorno a casa!!!!
Buone vacanze a tutti!!!!
Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 29, 2015
- Sailing down The Yangtze, the overnight train and YangshuoFriday
I woke up to the monks chanting again this morning but they must have been in a different temple because it wasn't as loud today. I decided not to bother going to watch them so rolled over and snoozed a Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 25, 2015
- travel in XitangI have always been interested in the natural and historical beauty in China, for it is so different from that of western world. I especially love the acient towns that are filled with the typical beauty of this ancient vast Posted by sdfdg in travel in Xitang | Jul 24, 2015
- Terracotta Warriors, pandas and sleeping in a monastery! :-)Sunday
We didn't have the best sleep on the overnight train, this one was full of noisy people and clunky so I woke up lots, oddly I had a few nightmares in the on/off sleep I had too which didn't help. Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 20, 2015
- Hot Pot and Jet Lag==Hi all!==
I know I have been MIA. It has been a crazy few days. I arrived on Saturday, July 11. It was absolutely crazy. I will give a very short version of it since this is not really the exciting Posted by snmyrick in Little Lady, Big World | Jul 16, 2015
- Deel 1 - Richting Hong KongOnze reis naar Nieuw Zeeland begon op zaterdag 11 juli.
Eerst met de bus naar Utrecht CS, daarna met de trein naar Schiphol.
Het Inchecken ging voorspoedig en voor we het wisten vlogen we richting Hong Kong !
We hadden Posted by jaapwesterbeek in Nieuw Zeeland 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- Super dooper Shanghai and dodging the typhoonThursday
The sleep on the train was actually quite a good one, I slept from about eleven til 6 waking up just a couple of times. I think the rocking motion of the train lulled us all to sleep and the Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 12, 2015