- This BlogSo, why the switch from a wordpress blog to travellerspoint one? Wordpress, Facebook and other sites have been blocked by "the great wall of china"
Although we knew that all posts would need to be done by email, we havent Posted by mcsaligmans in The McSaligman Adventures | Nov 30, 2013
- Lost in ChengduSo, Monday I lost the biggest building in the world (by getting off at the wrong metro stop). I topped that on Tuesday by losing an entire motorway/ring-road - by not recognising that the thing I was walking under was Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 28, 2013
- ShegarAnother sleep in which was nice, i think Namlha had to organise some kind of permit for us and couldn't do that till 10am as it was a Sunday. I used this time to do a little yoga and a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Nov 27, 2013
- Shigatse Today we left Lhasa and drove to Yamdrok lake... Stunning. The most amazing blue. We drove up to about 4400m to get our first sight and it just looked so surreal. The mountains behind we snow capped also and it Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Nov 26, 2013
- Loving ChengduIt seemed so easy: book in online, get an early drop off at the airport, drop my bags and have a sweet time hanging out airside at the LCCT. Hah! The first two worked out fine, but then I encountered Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 25, 2013
- Xiqiao MountainGod lørdag!
(scroll down for English)
Ukene flyr, og plutselig var det lørdag igjen gitt. I går var jeg og Louisa på kino og så den andre Hunger Games-filmen, Catching Fire. Jeg leste alle tre bøkene da jeg bodde i Praha, og Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Nov 23, 2013
- On the Road to Shangri-La...After getting some needed downtime in Lijiang, we decided to hit the trails again in Yunnan Province. But where to go? Like other travellers before us, we went in search of Shangri-La. We had heard at the local Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 21, 2013
- Shanghai, China (10th - 14th October)Shanghai was a lot more clean and modern than Beijing. I preferred it as a city in general - it seemed like a much nicer place to live - but Beijing's more interesting in terms of historical buildings and a Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Nov 18, 2013
- Lujiazui Circular Pedestrian Bridge and The Bund===We spent just a little time shopping and sight seeing. The mall was near the Lujiazui Circular Pedestrian Bridge. It's a recently built circle walk near the Expo Buildings (the pink pointy space tower) and the aquarium. The walkway was Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Nov 18, 2013
- The Warriors of Xi'AnAs a quick look back in time, Dave & I took a fast train from Beijing to Xi'an on Halloween, giving just enough time to celebrate the holiday with some photo opps.
On the train ride in we met a new Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 18, 2013
- China's Answer to Old SacramentoAshley and I spent considerable time in China's version of Old Sacramento. Lijiang has an "old" part of town with cobblestone streets and old timey architecture for its buildings. It seems like it's designed for tourists as masses of Chinese Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 18, 2013
- Just a little note...Hello everyone.
I know its only November but I'm sure most of you have started to think about christmas a little bit by now. I will be in Australia for the christmas period and if anyone wants to send me Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Nov 18, 2013
- Datong 大同28th of October -4th of November
This week the weather was noticeably colder than it has been with everyone getting out the jumpers and coats. Wednesday was our (all but Alek) first test while we have been here, Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Nov 16, 2013
- Beijing in OctoberThis entry is from the beginning of October
Last week we had the week off due to a national holiday called ‘National week’. With the whole week off promising lots of travel time we (the Australian group) headed off in different Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Nov 16, 2013
- My 11th week in Foshan(for English scroll down)
Da er min ellevte uke her i Foshan snart over, og det har vært en kald og regnfull uke. Etter 31 dager og strålende sol forrige lørdag, våknet jeg opp til et skikkelig regnvær på søndagen. Her Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Nov 16, 2013
- More Must-Try Foods from ShanghaiLillian Bakery is known for it's custard tarts. You can find custard tarts all over China, and Lillian's isn't originally a Shanghai bakery, but it is worth the extra stop in the city. The tarts are wonderful. The Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Nov 15, 2013
- Birthday in BeijingHello everyone! I apologize for not posting last weekend. I decided to give myself a break in honor of my twenty-first birthday. I was at least hoping to upload all of my photos from Beijing's 798 Art District last weekend, Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Nov 14, 2013
- Updates, updates..Tervitused/Nihao/Hellõu..
So my promise to keep writing about my life in this part of the world hasn't been that successful.. Anyhow.. Been back in Shanghai since mid-August. School started early september and have that from monday to friday. Rest of t Posted by ajshanghai in News from Shanghai | Nov 14, 2013
- Shanghai KoreatownOur next stop in Shanghai was Koreatown. Like any other big city, Koreans have found a spot to call their own. We took the subway in to the Gubei district for some Korean food.
Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Nov 13, 2013
- Chinese FoodEveryone thinks of Chinese food as basically what you would get in any restaurant in the U.S. I knew that I wasn't going to be eating all fortune cookies and lo mein for a year, but I definitely wasn't Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Nov 11, 2013
- China part 2We left Beijing on October 21st by night train to Xian. Not the best experience as Chelsea got sick in the night. She was a trooper though - she managed to get down from the top bunk and Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Nov 11, 2013
- Food Photos (Yup they're vegetarian but still 1 of a kind!)After romping on the steep heights of the Great Wall of China near Beijing, Dave & I ate at the nicest restaurant thus far (might I say ever??). See our walk below (AKA exhaustive hike on 1 steep wall!) followed Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 11, 2013
- Pekoče ni več pekoče...===že neki časa je minil odkar sm napisala zadnji blog...vmes se je seveda velik zgodil.
Imela sm denarne probleme, ker mi bankomat ni izplačal denarja, štipendije nismo dobili (nevem zakaj), denarja pa nism mogla menjat, ker za to potrebuješ pasuš. Posted by abovethesea in v centru sveta, nad morjem | Nov 10, 2013
- Ting jeg ikke kommer til å savne fra Kina 1Det er noen ting her i Kina jeg fint kunne klart meg uten. Jeg tenkte jeg kunne lage en liten serie med noen av de viktigste tingene. Hadde egentlig tenkt å lage en liste, men nå ser jeg at den Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Nov 10, 2013
- HalloweenExpat Halloween
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Hero in a Half Shell, Turtle Power
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/514724/IM Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Oct 26, 2013