- Shanghai Day 1 We arrived in Shanghai at 8 am local time, after flying through the night from Auckland. The aftermath of cyclone Ita in NZ delayed our Christchurch to Auckland flight and so it had been a mad rush to get Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 18, 2014
- Cloudy with a chance of Great Wall!Our last day in Xian was spent at the small Wild Goose Pagoda, having lunch with a Chinese family (and had a go at making noodles!) - it was like Uncle Wong's! We then visited Gao's Courtyard - a high Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 17, 2014
- Thursday 17 April 2014Gailyn spent quite a lot of last night coughing, so it was a slow start this morning, with us not getting away until 11am. Rather than going straight to the Beijing Zoo, we decided to get some lunch beforehand Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 17, 2014
- Wednesday 16 April 2014Ryan's blog
We woke up at 7:15am. We were going to the Great Wall of China. We popped down and had a buffet breakfast then got ready. Mum and I got to the lobby at 9am and our driver came and Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 16, 2014
- Tuesday 15 April 2014Another busy day! We were a bit slow to get moving this morning (not mentioning any names, Ryan!) but headed off to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City at about 9:30am. We couldn’t believe how packed with tourists Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 16, 2014
- Once were warriorsToday was the Terracotta Warrior day. Who ever thought a pit of statues would be so amazing. Each warrior was unique. A real stone army. One of the last remaining farmers who discovered the terracotta warriors enjoys 'rock star' status, Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 15, 2014
- Dance with DragonsA quiet morning yesterday spent mostly in an a/c shopping complex to escape the Bangkok humidity. In the afternoon we travelled to Xian, China for two nights. The spectacular Bell Tower was only a couple of minute walk from Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 14, 2014
- Monday 14 April 2014We all had a bit of a sleep in this morning and got down to breakfast in the hotel at 9:30am. We had a fairly hurried buffet breakfast before it closed at 10 and then we left for Tiananmen Square. Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 14, 2014
- Sunday 13 April 2014On our way! After a slow start for Ryan this morning, we all managed to get out the door and to the airport. On check in we discovered that our plane to Hong Kong is full and that we aren't Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- Randomness #1For this 2nd in what hopefully is a daily thing this week (I need to build some habits up, even if I will be moving during this week-off too), I present a bunch of random photos. Those photos that I Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 31, 2014
- Year of the Horse - Lantern FestivalIt's time to post something that can be shared in just one post.
So, here it is:
==The Year of the Horse Lantern Festival.==
The Lantern Festival occurs on the 15th day of the Spring Festival (more commonly called Chinese New Year in Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 30, 2014
- Harbin Winter SwimmingHarbin, December 28th 2013
During my stay in Harbin, it had been the most freezing day. My breath vapor on the surface of my camera transformed into frost within just seconds. I stuck back my camera on my face, the frost Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 29, 2014
- 2013 E3 OCEANIA - BEJING & HOME[[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/286/|PREVIOUS DAY]]
Before tacking the Great Wall for the 2nd time, we visit a temple & a shopping visit to a Jade sales outlet.
Heres the temple....very quiet... we were about the only tourists there..
[ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 E2 OCEANIA - XIANG===Still in Xian,===
we are out early & pass the exercisers....
& early morning market
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 E1 OCEANIA - TERRACOTTA WARRIORS & SHOWAfter breakfast at a really great buffet in the hotel, my luggage arrived so I was able to change in time for....
=== ...the flight to Xian and the Terracotta Army===
It is not allowed Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D9 OCEANIA - BEIJING, TIANNAMEN SQUARE & FORBIDDEN CITY[[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/283/|THE PREVIOUS SEGMENT...]]
===THE LAST BREAKFAST ON BOARD...===
JENNY & DON - DON'S OFF TO EVEREST ON HIS WAY HOME.
TOBY & BOB - THEY GOT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D8 OCEANIA - THE GREAT WALL===I have one day in the port of Tianjin & get off the ship tomorrow.===
Today it is a bus ride to the part of the Great Wall closest to the port.
A couple of views of the countryside.. Mostly, very Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Kashgar, Crossroads of the Silk Road, Xinjiang, China
The joy of a traveler looking for historic sites is the re Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Mar 23, 2014
- 2013 D6 OCEANIA - GARDEN CITY of SOUZHOU===Today, we are heading inland to the garden city of Souzou.===
Would be really odd if I bumped into the couple I met in Singapore. I don't.
Shanghai from the ship - early morning, very misty....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D5 OCEANIA - SHANGHAI===SHANGHAI===
Today is my first time in China & I am just going to wander around on my own.
I walk off the ship & turn right & through a nice little park to the ferry across th Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Stranded in ShanghaiTwo days ago we stepped off the Japan-China ferry and dove headlong into a culture shock of epic proportions. We had been previously warned by several people that we had met on our various travels that China was not Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 27, 2012
- People doing what they loveLiving by the mantra “Do what you love” has made me a happy person now, and I have since met many happy people who I find very inspirational. People who have jobs they love. Who are making conscious choices everyday Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Mar 16, 2014
- Classic BeijingLast day in Beijing! The tour today only had 2 of us. Luckily for me, it was a nice Filipino man on a stopover from the Philippines. We headed to Tianenmen Square and the Forbidden City. There was some monthly Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 13, 2014
- Full Beijing ExperienceToday started off with a frightening event. My bus for the tour was supposed to pick me up at 7:50 and had called to tell me to come down so when I went down the first bus I saw was Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 11, 2014
- Chengdu to BeijingTamara and Ami headed back home today and I headed to Beijing. It was sad and I miss them already.
So one of the simple joys I get now in China is being able to go on a Western toilet. Chengdu Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 10, 2014