- Day 7: Shou Jia Lou (July 12, 2014)We woke up at 8:00 and went down with my uncle to a breakfast restaurant. It was so crowded (Saturday) and there were so few employees. It took them half an hour to deliver our food, and I spent it Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 12, 2014
- DAY 6: Global Harbour Mall (July 11, 2014)I slept until 9:00 today, and it was great. My mom, brother and I went to the Global Harbour Mall today, a 5 story shopping mall with stores that varied from UNIQLO to H&M to Coach. The first thing that Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 12, 2014
- YangjiangSo we woke up in this beautiful hotel, the Yangjiang Garden Phoenix Hotel. Our room was huge and had a balcony. the entrance has a large painted dome, reminiscent of an Italian fresco. In fact the whole Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- Guangzhou to Yangjiang and the South China SeaToday we packed up and drove south down the coastal expressway to Yangjiang, the birthplace of our daughters.
Before we get into that here are a few shots of the inside of our Guangzhou Holiday Inn Hotel. The Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- GuangzhouGreetings from Guangzhou!
After a very hearty breakfast (they put on a good buffet spread in these hotels) we headed out to see the Six Banyan Temple, just a short bus ride away. This Buddhist temple was originally built Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 10, 2014
- DAY 5: Cooking at Home (July 10, 2014)Toady was a relaxing day at home, a much needed break.
I woke up around 7:00, which was pretty late for me these days. I had cake for breakfast, and my mosquito bite count has reached 11, all on my Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 10, 2014
- DAY 4: Tian Zi Fang/Haircut (July 9, 2014)My aunt took a day off work today—spontaneously—and went to Tian Zi Fang, a popular tourist location full of little shops in a maze of alleys. It was really quite nice, although most things were quite expensive. There were tons Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 10, 2014
- WHY NOT????Stavaolta ho fatto del mio meglio, sono stata sfacciata e ho sfoderato la fotocamera spudoratamente solo che c'era pochissimo spazio di azione e pochissimo tempo[i] (trova il cellulare in borsa, accedi alla fotocamera, fatti spazio tra le persone ecc).[/i Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 9, 2014
- From Beijing to GuangzhouPacked up our stuff and said good-bye to Beijing this morning. We'll be back at the very end of our China travels. Traffic was uncharacteristically light on the way to the airport, so we arrived in plenty of Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- DAY 3: It's Loud AF Here (July 8, 2014)Finally, I slept for 7 glorious hours, from 11:00 to 6:00. We had breakfast in the same restaurant, and this time I had hot soymilk and two meat buns.
We went to my other grandparent’s place today, and they lived Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 8, 2014
- And a few more... Oops, forgot to include these shots from the Forbidden City: nice stone work; nice karstic stone garden and old trees in the Imperial Garden; and the girls in front of one of the guardian lions.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/684328/P1210668.j Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 8, 2014
- Imperial Beijing: the Summer Palace and Forbidden CitySo not long after the Ming Dynasty rulers of the early 15th century decided that Beijing should be their new capital, they set to building the palaces and other infrastructure they would need there. Today (Day 3 for us Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 8, 2014
- Day 2 continued...I almost forgot to tell you about our walk through the “night market”, just a couple of blocks away from our hotel. A block of food vendors sell everything from the benign steamed dumplings to the bizarre deep fried Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- DAY 2: Nan Jing Road (July 7, 2014)Okay so the 13 hours of sleep on the plane was not a good idea. I tossed and turned until 11:15 PM, and against my original promise to myself, I got up, turned on my laptop, and went on the Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 7, 2014
- Biking 2014 - Part 7And to continue that last post: Here are shots of that beach / ring road area from 2012 and 2013!
Yes, there is some trash on the beaches. Someone probably missed this when it disappeared though.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Jul 6, 2014
- Great Day at the Great WallOn Day 2 of our China trip we drove north of Beijing to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. On our previous trips to China (2005 and 2009) we visited the Badaling section. Being closer to Beijing it Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- DAY 1: Uncomfortable Flight (July 6, 2014)Greetings from Shanghai!
We spent 14 hours on the direct flight from Toronto to Shanghai on Air Canada.
My flight could be summarized in three simple key words: sleep, malnourishment, and noisy.
I slept for 13 out of the 14 hours—I have Posted by gillsofafish in Returning to the Birthplace | Jul 6, 2014
- ACCORTEZZEIeri sono riuscita a fotografare una GENIALATA che avevo già visto prima ma ovviamente non avevo fatto in tempo a immortalare [i](talvolta mi chiedo perché mi faccio ancora così tanti scrupoli a fotografare la gente quando poi io e tutti Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 5, 2014
- Rickshaw to HeavenGetting behind with these blog entries already! Here it is Saturday night, and I haven't been able to write up what happened on our first full day in Beijing. So lets get to it...
Our wonderful guides, Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Biking 2014 - Part 6I've been sharing the most exciting rides recently: exploring the greater Xiamen area and other countries.
I don't take a lot of photos on my most common route anymore, since I ride it so often.
I thought I would share photos of Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Jul 4, 2014
- VEDIAMO CHI INDOVINA!Ciao a tutti, oggi vi sottopongo un gioco, direi piu' un indovinello sia per cambiare un po' (mica devo essere sempre io aparlare!), sia perche' vorrei capire un po' in quanti mi seguono ancora :)
Ecco l'indovinello: "cosa vendono queste persone Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 3, 2014
- The Foreign Experience
This is a picture of an artefact in Suzhou museum
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/687524/90_2014-05-31-15-00-54_photo.jpg caption=2014- Posted by travelxdreams in China Travel Experience | Jul 2, 2014
- Zai jian BeijingOur last day in beijing we went to the great wall. We took the chair lift up which is scary and took the toboggan slide down. However mine was stuck and i could hardly get it to move. It was Posted by maykay14 in Kayla's Travel Blog | Jul 2, 2014
- Mapo -Temkin VillageFeb 8th
Surfacing to consciousness like the pistachios shells that float in my garbage, I find a grey dawn laid out in Yujin town. The city is strangely quiet for the hour, no life visible in the concrete courtyards directly below Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Girls Just Wanna Have Yuan | Jul 1, 2014
- Hangzhou Trip #1….and China has lotuses. One of the things I hoped to see in Hangzhou was the blooming of the lotus blossoms. The plants grow up out of muddy water to yield lush, huge greenery and, in the summer, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 29, 2014