- Rickshaw to HeavenGetting behind with these blog entries already! Here it is Saturday night, and I haven't been able to write up what happened on our first full day in Beijing. So lets get to it...
Our wonderful guides, Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Biking 2014 - Part 6I've been sharing the most exciting rides recently: exploring the greater Xiamen area and other countries.
I don't take a lot of photos on my most common route anymore, since I ride it so often.
I thought I would share photos of Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Jul 4, 2014
- VEDIAMO CHI INDOVINA!Ciao a tutti, oggi vi sottopongo un gioco, direi piu' un indovinello sia per cambiare un po' (mica devo essere sempre io aparlare!), sia perche' vorrei capire un po' in quanti mi seguono ancora :)
Ecco l'indovinello: "cosa vendono queste persone Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 3, 2014
- The Foreign Experience
This is a picture of an artefact in Suzhou museum
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/687524/90_2014-05-31-15-00-54_photo.jpg caption=2014- Posted by travelxdreams in China Travel Experience | Jul 2, 2014
- Zai jian BeijingOur last day in beijing we went to the great wall. We took the chair lift up which is scary and took the toboggan slide down. However mine was stuck and i could hardly get it to move. It was Posted by maykay14 in Kayla's Travel Blog | Jul 2, 2014
- Mapo -Temkin VillageFeb 8th
Surfacing to consciousness like the pistachios shells that float in my garbage, I find a grey dawn laid out in Yujin town. The city is strangely quiet for the hour, no life visible in the concrete courtyards directly below Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Girls Just Wanna Have Yuan | Jul 1, 2014
- Hangzhou Trip #1….and China has lotuses. One of the things I hoped to see in Hangzhou was the blooming of the lotus blossoms. The plants grow up out of muddy water to yield lush, huge greenery and, in the summer, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- NOTTI BRAVE!Come alcuni di voi già sanno, la mia previsione di 'disintossicarmi' un po' dalle serate alcoliche è andata a farsi benedire già dal primo weekend che ho messo piede in Cina :) si perché sono finita in un covo di Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 29, 2014
- Beijing day 3 I arrived in Beijing June 25 when we went to the hutongs, which are an old part of the town with many shops. This has been my favorite place so far. We also went to forbidden city, wangfujing shopping street, Posted by maykay14 in Kayla's Travel Blog | Jun 28, 2014
- Quick updateIt's been over a week since I was in Margate and things are moving slowly. This is in part due to the fact that the letting agency had a crisis and the person dealing with me walked out her Posted by safemouse in Life in Broken Britain | Jun 27, 2014
- RANDOM!E' da un po' che non scrivo, scusate :( motivo per cui andro' un po' "random" :)
Sabato scorso sono stata a pattinare sul ghiaccio...si si avete capito bene, qui anche d'estate si sta freschi freschi sul ghiaccio. Sapete bene quanto Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 25, 2014
- Impressions of Lijiang and Shangri-laNever expected to be back in China so fast so soon after my recent Jiangnan trip. This time it was at the last minute invitation of a friend. It was basically a toss-up between Lijiang and Guilin. We did consider Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jun 24, 2014
- ShanghaiWe decided to take the upgrade to Fairmont Gold but not sure if we will get our money’s worth. We decided to have breakfast with the group on our first morning in Shanghai. The restaurant is very art nouveauish and Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 23, 2014
- Yangstze Cruise - Sandouping - Three Gorges Dam - ShanghaiThe Three Gorges Dam was built to help mitigate the water from the mountains that flows into what is eventually known as the Yangtze. I have always referred to the Yangtze as the long river that flows from near the Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 22, 2014
- Yangstze Cruise - Fengei - Qutang and Wu GorgeWell, another sleep in, with us waking at the mooring at Fengei where we had the option of visiting the White Emperor City at Baidicheng. We chose to stay on board and attend the Chinese language lesson, where one speaks Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 22, 2014
- Yangstze Cruise - FengduAfter a reasonably restful night we woke to find our boat berthed at Fengdu. We were treated to a 7am wakeup with breakfast at 7.30. At 8.30 we left the ship, walking over what used to be a village area. Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 22, 2014
- Zhongshan ParkOur first morning in Shanghai seemed like a fine time to check out the park across the street. We were not disappointed. Even at 8am, there were many people enjoying the park—exercising, walking, gathering in groups to do Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- How to embarrass your kidsThe boys got kicked out of the pool for the second time. Several Chinese men came out to the pool deck and told the boys (lots of gesturing) that they need swim caps. :0) It is the law, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- Learning to cross the streetForget the advice of “Look both ways” that you learned. Here, the rule should be “Expect foot/bike/scooter/car/bus traffic coming at you from all directions”. We wait for a go-ahead light at the corner, amassed with anyone Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- QUESTIONE DI POLLICE....Vi avevo già detto delle VARIE cose che si possono trovare in ufficio, vero?
Intendo dire, oltre a scrivanie, sedie, penne, computer ecc che sono le cose fondamentali, ce ne sono altre altrettanto importanti che qui non possono e non devono Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 20, 2014
- Friday afternoon6/21/14
We began our walk to go check out Dad’s (old) office. In two weeks, they are moving to the new office, which is the project dh is overseeing. It is the first Living Building Challenge in Asia, which Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- ACQUA DA TUTTE LE PARTI!!!Vi ho gia' accennato dei super-mega centri commerciali che ci sono qui, uno ogni angolo, grandi, immensi, pieni di roba, pieni di negozi e...pieni d'ACQUA!
Si perche' a quanto pare qui un centro commerciale non e' sufficientemente 'fico' se non ha Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 17, 2014
- Chengdu - DazuThis morning we had a sleep in until 7am. Bags were collected at 7.30 and, after enjoying the final sumptuous breakfast at the Coffee Z, Shangrila, we made our way to the Chengdu tea house to play mahjong. In China, Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 16, 2014
- Chengdu – Panda Research Centre – Sichuan Hot Pot – Buddist Life for some people is difficult but for some, life is a breeze. Today was one of those days. Having woken up at 7am we looked out the window of the 24th floor. It was not all beauty as the Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 15, 2014
- Don’t mess with the Xi’anOur train journey from Shanghai to Xi’an was definitely a lot more exciting than our other train journeys. This train had open cabins so there was nothing separating the beds from the corridor, which meant that we were able Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 4, 2012