- Fun with TEFL training and Chinese cultural classesThis week we had two days of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training, one day off and then two days of cultural activities planned. Our TEFL tutor, James, was great. He used lots of fun activities that we Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 27, 2013
- Travelling north to HarbinI packed my bags once more and checked out of the Orchid. The hotel ordered me a taxi, helped carry my bags out and told the driver where I needed to go. It was just under £10 to get to Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 22, 2013
- Exploring BeijingToday I decided to go out and explore. I took my map and headed out of the hutong to the bustling streets beyond. Upon stepping outside the door to the hutong I was immediately faced with the chaos around. The Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 20, 2013
- A day outside ShanghaiHayley arrived early 4:30am we chatted for a bit before heading to bed as Hayley had to work the next day.
Hayley is a buyer in Hong Kong and so had two meetings just outside Shanghai, one being a factory. So Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 18, 2013
- New beginnings in ChinaToday was a sad day. It was the day the group adventure came to an end. The day my travel buddies would leave China going their separate ways, leaving me alone in China. The day began with breakfast and a Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 18, 2013
- The Great WallToday was the day we would visit the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall is another one of those iconic sights that I probably never thought I would actually have the chance to visit and we all had high Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 17, 2013
- Entering the Forbidden CityAfter a quick breakfast we were quickly on our way to our first sightseeing stop of the day, Tiananmen Square. Tiananmen Square is the world’s largest public square, and it has great cultural significance as it has been the sight Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 16, 2013
- China at lastToday we left Mongolia on our final train of the trip. We had another early start and once we were on the train I soon went back to bed for a nap. This was not before meeting our new travel Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 16, 2013
- The First Two Weeks are the HardestHi guys - Sorry I took such a long time to post again (I've been a little under the weather)
So, I've officially been here in Foshan for at least two weeks. Everyone said that the first two weeks are Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Sep 17, 2013
- začel se jeEvo. Ko stopiš iz letala vate butne nekih 30 stopinj, rečeš si fakjea izognila sm se hladnemu vremenu v Sloveniji. pol nekak probaš pogruntat kam morš it, prit morš čez ene 5 pregledov, na vsakem se bojiš da te bojo Posted by abovethesea in v centru sveta, nad morjem | Sep 17, 2013
- Bifengxia Panda Base
Anar a Sichuan és sinònim de picant i pandes... i evidentment, no ens podíem perdre el veure aquest animalot tan curiós.... i com no, tan “mono”. És un ós amb les orelles negres, dos rod Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 16, 2013
- BeijingSo its been quite a busy week/ weekend here. Starting of with my classes started. I’m enjoying the classes a lot at the moment as it is predominately revision for me at the moment with a couple of new words Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Sep 16, 2013
- Shanghai NightsWe arrived in Shanghai, China's biggest and most modern city, at 10am and it was already overpoweringly sweaty. The hotel was the equivalent of a Chinese Travelodge- clean, free wifi, close to the centre. After a delicious 60p bowl of Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 16, 2013
- Hot springsPå tide å blogge litt igjen!
I helgen var jeg på tur sammen med alle lærerne på skolen til en by som heter Qingyuan, og som er kjent for varme kilder. Grunnen til at vi dro, var for å feire Teacher's Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Sep 15, 2013
- Back to ChinaSlept pretty badly, it didn't help that someone arrive in the room at about 3am and rustled plastic bags and banged and crashed things.
So I got a little more sleep then got up and showered ready to leave. Because it Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 15, 2013
- Chengdu: Bù Là (No picante, por favor)
L’arribada a Chendgu ha estat durilla, després de la maxacada que portem els darrers dies, sense dormir, sense parar... Però ja som aquí: els walking dead ja esta Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 13, 2013
- 9 Million BicyclesI spent Monday afternoon cycling round the hutong (medieval alleys) north of the Forbidden City, which much more closely resembled the Beijing
I had been expecting; dusty narrow lanes crammed with food stalls, bikes and dogs.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 12, 2013
- Back to China :)So... after having been in China for 10 months, and then spending 5 weeks in the UK to catch up with old friends over the summer, I find myself back on my home soil - China.
It's strange to go from Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Sep 12, 2013
- The Last TrainBy the time we boarded the Ulaanbaatar-Beijing service we were old hands at this train malarkey. One novelty however was the nighttime border crossing; the Chinese rail tracks have a narrower gauge than in Russia and Mongolia. Instead of making Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 11, 2013
- The Walking Dead a Beijing & La Gran Muralla
Aguita, només es pot començar així... som uns zombies i portem així des de la nostra arribada al país més pseudocomunista del món... 38 hores sense dormir patejant Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 10, 2013
- Those little thingsHi Guys! I just finished Week 2! This is just a short post about the less commonly noted cultural differences. I was fully prepared for nap taking in the afternoon and lots of studying, but no one Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Sep 8, 2013
- First week ExtendedNow that I have more time I can write a proper blog entry.
The flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou was smooth and I was able to get enough sleep on it to survive the rest of the day. Weirdly (or at Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Sep 8, 2013
- First WeekThe first week has been amazing! This week has been entirely for setting up our rooms, looking around Tianjin and just settling down in general for classes that start next week.
this is the Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Sep 6, 2013
- Kashgar, Far NW ChinaLachlan
We got in to Kashgar a couple of days ago. Kashgar is a small city (300 000 people) in far NW China. It is wedged between the desert and the mountains so it has a real mix of races, foods Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Sep 6, 2013
- Teaching In China - July 2013 Posted by pjburke in Teaching and Traveling | Sep 6, 2013