- The Train - Kumming - Guilin (China)I've lived in China for 4 years and in that time have observed many a road accident and the occasional street fight (however the later is far more unlikely, unlike a Friday night in the UK where its's almost guaranteed). Posted by DamientheAlien in Is anyone a doctor? errr no. | Aug 30, 2014
- Xian26th-28th July
Xi’an and Lintong
The bullet train swished through the Beijing suburbs and the rest of Hebei's and Henan's plains at a a speed of 300 km/hour. At the very Southwestern tip of Beijing we crossed an area that seemed to Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Aug 27, 2014
- Great Wall23th – 25th July
Xiaolou insisted on taking the bicycle to the Great Wall, so we did, ignoring the unexpected downside that bicycles were not allowed on buses, subways or trains. Arriving finally at the right bus station, an Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Aug 27, 2014
- Week 1Chopsticks, squat toilets and lots of people. 10th day in: I have yet to resort to a knife and fork, and am coping with the heat by showering 3 times a day. Haven’t noticed the smog till today, Posted by CathyA1391 in Teaching in China | Aug 24, 2014
- Xi'an: Min endestasjonNå har det hengt over meg i nesten syv måneder at jeg ikke har blogget fra siste stopp i Kina, så her kommer et veldig forsinket innlegg om mine dager i Xi’an. For jeg kom meg faktisk videre fra Chengdu Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Aug 24, 2014
- Big city life -- Hong Kong & Me[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668246/90_IMG_3339.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668246/thumb_90_IMG_33 Posted by kristoregraven in Travel time | Aug 24, 2014
- Horse trekking in Tibetan grasslandIn search of more rural settings we found ourselves near the border with Tibet in a small town called Tagong. In just a few hours on a bus the skin tone of the people became darker and the locals' faces Posted by Moffons in Oodles of noodles | Aug 22, 2014
- Two weeks as a Marketing InternJust a few weeks ago I was sat on the sofa at home, fully engrossed in Gossip Girl, laughing at Blair Waldorf as she battles with a range of technology before breaking down during a magazine internship. If you’re now Posted by emilyferris in In a hotel in Shanghai | Aug 20, 2014
- A taste of Tibet, China[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 20, 2014
- A tall city!Well, here we are - Hong Kong. What can I say
about Hong Kong? It's a big city, mostly a very
tall city. And when you have lots of tall buildings,
well you might as well have a light show!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/1CDF49BF221 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 18, 2014
- Chengdu and the Giant Pandas!We arrived back at our new favourite hotel in Chengdu in the late afternoon. So we had some time to explore the pedestrian/shopping area around the Buddha Zen Hotel. Curiously the hotel is also called the O & Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- Emeishan and the Monastery of Ten Thousand YearsToday we will be exploring a small part of Emeishan, one of the Four Scared Buddhist Mountains in China. When I was researching this place as we planned for our trip, the images from the top of the mountain Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 16, 2014
- Room by the hour, sir?The last couple of days have been traumatising to say the least but as they say all’s well that ends well, as you shall see. It all started on the overnight train from Xi’an to Chongqing which is where Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 7, 2012
- Hangin' out with Happy and Coco!
RIGHT NOW!! We are in Yangshuo - the Banff
of Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 16, 2014
- Chengdu, the Giant Buddha of Leshan and EmeishanOur flight from Shangri-la arrived around 9 pm in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province. Our new guide, Dana, met us at the airport. The girls were thrilled to have female guide! Not that the boy guides Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 14, 2014
- Chengdu[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Lijiang[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Tiger Leaping Gorge[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Just plain amazing.Off to Shilin "Stone Forest"! Where you can get
lost in under 5 minutes...unless you're trying to get
lost, in which case you'll land up back at the entrance
every time...Murphy's Stone Forest Law #52.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 13, 2014
- Teaching old dogs new tricks - Mahjong!Hey everybody! It's been a while! The
internet is back and so are we!
Took the cruise ship down the Yangtze,
checked out a bunch of cool places, met
some nice people from China, New Zealand,
Mexico and USA, learned to play Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 12, 2014
- The Amazing Race to Pier 3Thursday, August 7, 2014 (Backtracking a bit)
Chengdu to Chongqing today, but first a lazy morning,
last minute shopping, pack some more, then off to the
very modern and efficient Chengdu East Train Station.
Another bullet train! Sort of...only Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 11, 2014
- First Impressions As I walk around the French Concession, Starbucks latte and a packet of tissues in hand, a car almost splashes me as it drives through a puddle. The rain starts to fall furiously, forcing me to dive into a supermarket Posted by emilyferris in In a hotel in Shanghai | Aug 10, 2014
- Songzanlin Lamasery and the Old Town of Shangri-laToday we went to see the Songzanlin Lamasery, located on a hillside on the outskirts of Shangri-la. Monks (maybe a couple hundred?) live here, studying the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism. Jackson tired hard to give us the Coles Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 10, 2014
- Final ThoughtsWell, it is our last day in China so I thought I would send one last post.
Yesterday we did the "slow, long march" to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. It was slow because of the tens Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing - Day 1This trip provides a FULL itinerary which leaves little time to catch your breath. Tonight I am trying to catch up on what has happened the past two days.
We flew out of Xi'an on Sunday. Now you Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014