- Wednesday 30 October - last day in BJLast night's dinner: eventful and memorable!
Da Dong is one of the top BJ restaurants known for Peking Duck. He now has 3 and we went to his most recent opening in the Jin bao shopping centre (think Istanbul x10 Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 30, 2013
- China Adventures: A small dose from the past 24 hoursBeijing is incredibly beautiful, when you can see it. Luckily Dave & I had the clearest day yet in China today on this fine windy day of 10/29 (see Good Air image below from CN Air a Quality app kindly Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Oct 29, 2013
- China!So I got my dates mixed up and thought we had a few more days left in Tokyo. Our host at our guest house, Fenny, (another airbnb pick!) reminded us when we got back at around 8 pm Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Oct 29, 2013
- Tuesday 29th October: major sightseeingAfter our great Da Li courtyard dinner we had a reasonable night considering the jet lag and a good Chinese breakfast: watery porridge, veg and omelette. Collected by our driver and young guide David at 8.30am for the 40min trip Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 29, 2013
- Monday BluesDet er noe med gleden av å kunne jogge ute i shorts og t-skjorte som gjør at treningsiveren min har blitt mye større alle tre gangene jeg har bodd i utlandet. Til nå har min daglige lille halvtime i parken Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 28, 2013
- First Day in BeijingGood BA flight to Beijing, even good food, which was a surprise. Not such a great range of films, as you can see from my choice: Star Trek, Edge of Darkness (or something like that..... it was actually Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 28, 2013
- Chinese National DayIt seems like every other week there’s some sort of holiday, activity, or field trip (although we almost always have to make up for them by going to school on Saturday or Sunday). October 1st was Chinese National Day, and Posted by ccole in The Year Between | Oct 26, 2013
- Baiyun MountainHello!
It's been a while.
Before I forget: If you're subscribing and don't get the e-mails anymore, check your spam folder, and mark the e-mails as not spam. That should solve the problem. If you're not yet subscribing; do it if you Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 26, 2013
- Mount Éméi Shān An overnight train, a lift from some guy that worked for the UN, and multiple near death experiences on a bus with serious defects finally saw us arrive at our forested mountain destination of Éméi Shān. Emma was so excited Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Oct 26, 2013
- Shaolin - The Home of Kung Fu! We spent one night in Shaolin, which is a small town with lots of Chinese culture! When we arrived we visited an orphanage a short walk from the hotel. The children are all either orphaned or have families too poor Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- Chengdu & Xian!
Leaving Yangshuo we moved on to Chengdu - the home of the Panda Sanctuary!! Ben and I had really been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint! The Pandas were amazing, I could have sat Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- On To Yangshuo! The last couple of days we have been based in Yangshuo - the first of our stops in mainland China! It is such a beautiful place with meandering rivers and beautiful karst Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- Culture FoodFirst thing, I did very well on my midterm despite my busy week! I must admit that my listening capability needs some work. This whole last week has been experiencing culture, beginning with Beijing University's International Cultural Festival. The festiv Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 25, 2013
- Shangri-La (2nd Boat Ride of the Day)On our way towards Yangshou, our tour guide asked if we would like to visit Shangri-La. We had all heard of "Shangri-La" before...it is synonymous with paradise. So, why not visit? While it was nice and interesting Posted by Tacostoeggrolls in Tacos to egg rolls | Oct 24, 2013
- Boating down to Yangshou on the Yulong RiverOn our second day in Guilin, we decided to do some boating and head down towards Yangshou (another small city nearby). When you think of boating, you probably think of a speedboat or a nice, luxurious cruise down a Posted by Tacostoeggrolls in Tacos to egg rolls | Oct 24, 2013
- Fall Break in GuilinWe recently had one week off in the beginning of October to celebrate China's National Holiday. Sean's dad & stepmom came to visit us! We had a great time showing them around Shanghai and seeing China through their Posted by Tacostoeggrolls in Tacos to egg rolls | Oct 24, 2013
- Smile a bit more China :)After 10 fantastic days in Japan, we arrived in China on October 5th, 2013 for a 2,5 weeks stay in this massive country with a population of 1,3 billion! This specific week was the Golden week in China, their biggest Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Oct 23, 2013
- China, Final[center]Our last day in Beijing was spent visiting the numerous attractions of China's capital city. [/center]
[center][img=htt Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 20, 2013
- China, Part 4[center]This post is gonna be religious, so be forewarned. [/center]
[center]The main reason I wanted to go to Beijing, and to China in the first place, was to see the Great Wall of China. [/center]
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 20, 2013
- Sichuan Day 3 : Jiuzhaiguo Part 1 Rize ValleyLet's start this article on Jiuzhaiguo by looking at the location of Sichuan in China. It's in the western part of Central China.
Jiuzhaiguo is located in the Aba Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Sep 28, 2013
Neil and the little Giant Panda
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/609173/large_Stuar Posted by ChipFondue in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Oct 20, 2013
- What a Lotta World!===There's a whole lot of world out here, and we're only going to see a minuscule part of it.
===We love travelling by train, that's why Stuart and I planned our Journey to Oz involving as few aircraft trips as possible. Posted by ChipFondue in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Oct 20, 2013
- TV Supplement===I've heard on the grapevine that ITV has launched a celebrity dancing competition in a revenge attack on the Beeb for setting The Voice against BGT a couple of years ago. Well, from what I also hear, and I don't Posted by ChipFondue in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Oct 20, 2013
- China, Part 3Once Shanghai Camp was over, 2 friends and I (one friend being my host sister with whom I went to [[http://danpan.travellerspoint.com/34/|Seijinshiki]] in January) took a trip to Beijing!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495521/IMG_2157.j Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 19, 2013
- China, Part 2Once in China, we had a day to settle down, a day for an orientation, and then we were off to [[http://www.lexhippo.gr.jp/images/mulutilingualshanghai.pdf|Shanghai camp]]!
The camp took place at [[http://www.wtis.cn/?q=en/book/421|Wujiang Taihu Interna Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 19, 2013