- The Foreign Experts' House Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Sep 3, 2013
- First Day of School你好! (Hello) Internet Readers-
Today was my first day of school. In America this would be a big deal for me. I would have to pick out a "first day outfit" and figure out tons of school supplies, memorize Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Sep 2, 2013
- A fitting finale to a tour of the Jinsha JiangAfter nine days of cycling with [[http://www.paintedroads.com|Painted Roads]] from Shangri-La to Dali, the legs weren't quite finished. We had completed 720km on our bicycles, winding through the valleys and gorges of the Jinsha Jiang (Yangtze to you and Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Sep 1, 2013
- Graduation På onsdag hadde vi siste skoledag, med påfølgende graduation-seremoni og fest på kvelden. Vi har nå bestått teoridelen av TEFL-sertifikatet, så nå gjenstår internshipet. Når intershipet også er bestått, mottar vi det endelige TEFL-sertifikatet. TEFL står Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Aug 31, 2013
- Teaching Practice: PhotosSom nevnt tidligere, så foregikk uke tre av kursingen vår på en skole, der vi øvde oss på å være lærere. Klassen jeg underviste bestod av 19 gutter som alle var 13 år gamle. Her er noen bilder jeg tok Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Aug 31, 2013
- Survival ChineseThis week, the NSLI-Y students attended introductory Chinese classes called "Survival Chinese," but our real survival Chinese lessons have taken place outside of the classroom.
So far in my Chinese class, I've studied colors, greetings, school vocabula Posted by ccole in The Year Between | Aug 31, 2013
- Flying High on Cloud NineSorry about not updating my blog the day I arrived in Beijing, I had no wifi to use on the plane and in my dowm
So long flight! 13 hours from JFK to the North Pole and Down to Beijing. I Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Aug 31, 2013
- "Welcome to Real Life"the other exchange student going to my school) said as we got into a bus and drove into Guangzhou. We were the first students to be picked up from the train station, with big signs that said our names Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Aug 30, 2013
- Home, sweet homeI told you in my last blog that where I was living rather resembled a hotel in some respects, especially the rooms, which were designed exactly along those lines. I thought it curious at the time, but this next Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Aug 30, 2013
- Orientations and Arriving in ChinaAs of today, I’ve been in China for a week. Last Tuesday, I began my journey across the world with a flight to New York, where I met up with the four other students with whom I would spend the Posted by ccole in The Year Between | Aug 28, 2013
- Orientation, Sleep Deprivation and TransportationHello Readers-
Right now I am in China, as you probably already read. This post details travel from Los Angeles, up until I arrived in my host city.
In Los Angeles, we had a few hours of orientation soon after Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Aug 28, 2013
- My tips for northern chinaMy advice for anyone planning to do something similar in northern China:
Beijing - at least 5 days
Datong - only one day (and if your doing the transmongolian the tran passes through here so you could make this one of your Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- A day in XianSlept in, was buggered from the last few days. Collected my washing repack my bag, finally backed up my photos onto my hard drive, I haven't managed to find a computer to do so and so have had 5 cards Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Hau Shan mountainGot up really early and Alex and i caught the bus to Hua Shan which took about two hours.
It was more expensive than I thought it would be just to get and we wanted to walk all the was up Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Terracotta worriers and the Tang Dynasty showArrived at 5:30 am caught the bus to the hostel after hopping off one stop too late I found my way. The lady at the hostel checking me in was lovely and I bombarded her with questions. Signed up for Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- A day in KaifengWoke up early and tried to update my diary... A continual task. Headed off at about 9am with a big plan for the day as I only have today there is lots to see in Kaifeng. Firstly I found the Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 27, 2013
- Ok, I'm hereHello there internet users!
I am terribly sorry that I have not written in a while. When I got to Beijing there was no wifi at the hotel, and then I was on a train for a day. Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Aug 26, 2013
- I'm moving to Foshan, Guangdong!På lørdag kl. 16.00 var det en spent gjeng som stod klare i 6. etasje i klasseromsbygget her på BUU. Da ble nemlig listene med plasseringsskolene hengt opp. Det var knyttet stor spenning ikke bare til hvilken landsdel og by Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Aug 26, 2013
- Killing time in BeijingYesterday I stumbled across a shopping mall oddly named 'Joy', on my way back to Chaoyang. I wanted to buy a shirt so I thought I'd give it a go. On the whole, it seems that wealthy middle class Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Aug 25, 2013
- KaifengHad a little sleep in and attempted to keep on top of emails and my blog. Had cold porridge for breaky as its a bit odd in the hostel, as its more a home stay i feel i cant do Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 24, 2013
- Long men grottos and the white horse templeA Chinese boy Jason that is staying in the hostel too came with me for the day. His English was good but not fantastic so it did make conversation a little limited. But helped very much with getting around having Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Aug 24, 2013
- The Goodish SamaritanI was trying to find the Cinderella hotel. The number hostel world had given me was out of service-I'd tried it 3 times- and there just seemed no way I could find this place. As is the custom Posted by safemouse in Hohhot Shock | Aug 23, 2013
- Great Scott! It's the Great Wall!We had another nice breakfast at the Jianguo Garden hotel, and the girls are getting more comfortable with finding things that they like. Laurie had the omelet chef make her a cheese omelet and Hayley hit the bread table Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 23, 2013
- Enter BeijingOur train arrived at 9:55, two hours late, and it was certain to be another mob scene complete with trying to get our several pieces of luggage off and across barriers, and the crowd. Jack met us coming off Posted by Kwpres in A US History Teacher in Asia | Aug 22, 2013
- PingyaoPingyao started where Datong left off...
...note the hygienic cat...
...and Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Aug 22, 2013