- 4. People, people, and more people ... no people?First on the list sightseeing list was Guiling, Guangzhou. Nestled along the Li River, we were excited to see the epic landscapes and experience ‘rural’ China. Little did we know this place was basically a tourist trap, serving better as Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- 3. Ready, set, GO!As we sit waiting for our first over night train, all we can hear is muffled mandarin being blasted over the intercom, English has pretty much disappeared. Pointing and head nods is what gets us to where we need Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- Thousand Buddha MountainYesterday we made the journey to Thousand Buddha Mountain, which proved to be one of our favourite landmarks yet. Located within the city, there seems to be some confusion as to whether the mountain is actually a hill. All I Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 6, 2015
- Jinan ZooYesterday we decided to head to Jinan Zoo to see their Giant Pandas. JInan Zoo is located in the north of Jinan, about 15 miles from where we live. The journey was simple enough, we got a bus into the Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 3, 2015
- Quancheng Square, Baotu Spring and the Five Dragon Pool!For our next adventure in Jinan we decided to visit Quancheng Square, Baotu springs and the Five Dragon Pool, three of Jinan's main landmarks.
To get there, we decided to take the bus again and it was an easy ride straight Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 2, 2015
- KAREN'S KHORA REFLECTIONS As we set off this morning Chime stops and enters one of the buildings on Dharchen’s main street – we’re not sure why. We follow Jamba's lead, carrying on through Dharchen towards the khora’s trailhead. It isn’t long before it Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Aug 1, 2015
- TIBET (Days 10-14)Day 10 (May 24, 2015) Lake Mansarovar – Darchen
Today we reach Darchen, basecamp for Mt Kailash trek.
Night in Guest house
Another late morning, we awaken at 8 am. We celebrate that our expedition sleeping bags (good to -20 degrees Celsius Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Jul 30, 2015
- Daming LakeOur first big adventure in Jinan was visiting one of the city's many famous landmarks, Daming Lake. It's the biggest lake in the city and is fed by the its many springs.
At first we thought the journey into the city Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 30, 2015
- We're in China!After 3 plane journeys we arrived in Jinan, China, on Saturday. Today is our 6th day here and so far everyday has been an adventure!
On our very first evening we looked out of our apartment window to see some Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Jul 30, 2015
- TIBET (Days 4 - 9)[b]Day 04 (May 18, 2015) Excursion to Ganden Monastery.
You will start your tour at around 9 am and drive along the Lhasa River dominated by beautiful Tibetan villages and herds of yaks grazing on the mountainside of the Ganden monastery. Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Jul 29, 2015
- Ending our trip in meditation and eating!Our final stop in Thailand was to the island of Koh Samui. Koh Samui is located along the east coast and is the second largest islands in Thailand. Samui is much larger than our tropical paradise of Koh Lanta and Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Jul 29, 2015
- HOLIDAYS!!!!!È il momento di fare il viaggio più bello: quello di ritorno a casa!!!!
Buone vacanze a tutti!!!!
Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jul 29, 2015
- Sailing down The Yangtze, the overnight train and YangshuoFriday
I woke up to the monks chanting again this morning but they must have been in a different temple because it wasn't as loud today. I decided not to bother going to watch them so rolled over and snoozed a Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 25, 2015
- travel in XitangI have always been interested in the natural and historical beauty in China, for it is so different from that of western world. I especially love the acient towns that are filled with the typical beauty of this ancient vast Posted by sdfdg in travel in Xitang | Jul 24, 2015
- Terracotta Warriors, pandas and sleeping in a monastery! :-)Sunday
We didn't have the best sleep on the overnight train, this one was full of noisy people and clunky so I woke up lots, oddly I had a few nightmares in the on/off sleep I had too which didn't help. Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 20, 2015
- Hot Pot and Jet Lag==Hi all!==
I know I have been MIA. It has been a crazy few days. I arrived on Saturday, July 11. It was absolutely crazy. I will give a very short version of it since this is not really the exciting Posted by snmyrick in Little Lady, Big World | Jul 16, 2015
- Deel 1 - Richting Hong KongOnze reis naar Nieuw Zeeland begon op zaterdag 11 juli.
Eerst met de bus naar Utrecht CS, daarna met de trein naar Schiphol.
Het Inchecken ging voorspoedig en voor we het wisten vlogen we richting Hong Kong !
We hadden Posted by jaapwesterbeek in Nieuw Zeeland 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- Super dooper Shanghai and dodging the typhoonThursday
The sleep on the train was actually quite a good one, I slept from about eleven til 6 waking up just a couple of times. I think the rocking motion of the train lulled us all to sleep and the Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 12, 2015
I was up at the crack of dawn this morning well before my alarm clock and was up and ready to meet the others in the hotel lobby at 7am. We jumped on a minibus for a two hour journey Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Jul 9, 2015
- 4 mois à Nanning[center][/center]
===Me voilà sur la route à nouveau. Je viens de quitter Nanning... (non, je ne transporte pas tout ce brol, j'aidais juste à déménager :-P). Un chapitre se termi Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Jul 6, 2015
- ShanghaiAfter the slop that was Chongqing and the disappointment of the Yangtze (from Brad's supine perspective), it was a bloody relief to arrive at our final city on our China adventure...Shanghai! We were warmly greeted by Uncle Phil and Pen Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Jul 5, 2015
- Lazy week in ShanghaiSunday, Day 1:
Monday, Day 2: We went to see my great grandma. Then we went to brunch I got a toy. I got it from my cousin. We went out to dinner at Momma's uncle's house.
Tuesday, Day Posted by markaralls in Walter's adventures around the world | Jul 1, 2015
- Day TwoWe woke up and got dressed and went for breakfast.After breakfast we tidyied up from breakfast and had free time around the campsite then we packed lunches for the day and prepared for the day. We had morning tea and Posted by Stjaks45 in Ryan's Camp Journal | Jun 30, 2015
- I hate technologyI am going to try and put up the remainder of yesterday's photos while it is still relatively early here, 5.30 pm and the hotel wifi is not too slow.
Loved the kids hairdressers in a shopping mall, reckon they would Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- Step OneThanks to Bec and Tia for delivering us safely to Tullamarine and seeing us ‘through the doors’. It was a feeling of dejuvu for us as they took us on the same trip 11 years ago when we set Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jun 28, 2015