- A tall city!Well, here we are - Hong Kong. What can I say
about Hong Kong? It's a big city, mostly a very
tall city. And when you have lots of tall buildings,
well you might as well have a light show!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/1CDF49BF221 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 18, 2014
- Chengdu and the Giant Pandas!We arrived back at our new favourite hotel in Chengdu in the late afternoon. So we had some time to explore the pedestrian/shopping area around the Buddha Zen Hotel. Curiously the hotel is also called the O & Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- Emeishan and the Monastery of Ten Thousand YearsToday we will be exploring a small part of Emeishan, one of the Four Scared Buddhist Mountains in China. When I was researching this place as we planned for our trip, the images from the top of the mountain Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 16, 2014
- Room by the hour, sir?The last couple of days have been traumatising to say the least but as they say all’s well that ends well, as you shall see. It all started on the overnight train from Xi’an to Chongqing which is where Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 7, 2012
- Hangin' out with Happy and Coco!
RIGHT NOW!! We are in Yangshuo - the Banff
of Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 16, 2014
- Chengdu, the Giant Buddha of Leshan and EmeishanOur flight from Shangri-la arrived around 9 pm in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province. Our new guide, Dana, met us at the airport. The girls were thrilled to have female guide! Not that the boy guides Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 14, 2014
- Chengdu[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Lijiang[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Tiger Leaping Gorge[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 14, 2014
- Just plain amazing.Off to Shilin "Stone Forest"! Where you can get
lost in under 5 minutes...unless you're trying to get
lost, in which case you'll land up back at the entrance
every time...Murphy's Stone Forest Law #52.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 13, 2014
- Teaching old dogs new tricks - Mahjong!Hey everybody! It's been a while! The
internet is back and so are we!
Took the cruise ship down the Yangtze,
checked out a bunch of cool places, met
some nice people from China, New Zealand,
Mexico and USA, learned to play Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 12, 2014
- The Amazing Race to Pier 3Thursday, August 7, 2014 (Backtracking a bit)
Chengdu to Chongqing today, but first a lazy morning,
last minute shopping, pack some more, then off to the
very modern and efficient Chengdu East Train Station.
Another bullet train! Sort of...only Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 11, 2014
- First Impressions As I walk around the French Concession, Starbucks latte and a packet of tissues in hand, a car almost splashes me as it drives through a puddle. The rain starts to fall furiously, forcing me to dive into a supermarket Posted by emilyferris in In a hotel in Shanghai | Aug 10, 2014
- Songzanlin Lamasery and the Old Town of Shangri-laToday we went to see the Songzanlin Lamasery, located on a hillside on the outskirts of Shangri-la. Monks (maybe a couple hundred?) live here, studying the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism. Jackson tired hard to give us the Coles Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 10, 2014
- Final ThoughtsWell, it is our last day in China so I thought I would send one last post.
Yesterday we did the "slow, long march" to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. It was slow because of the tens Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing - Day 1This trip provides a FULL itinerary which leaves little time to catch your breath. Tonight I am trying to catch up on what has happened the past two days.
We flew out of Xi'an on Sunday. Now you Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Warriors and the Amazing RaceWow! Just wow! What a day in Xian.
First, your Chinese lesson - Xi'an is one of the most ancient Chinese cities, steeped in history. Xi is west and an is peace so Xi'an is called the Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Chinese Gastromony!The food has been top notch with a wide variety of international foods. We were on our own the first night. Being exhausted and not wanting to venture to far we found a burger joint of all things Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Hot Yoga meets Stairway to HeavenSo we exited the boat early this morning to climb to the top of the Shibaozhai Temple, or Temple of Heaven. It is truly impossible to explain the heat and the humidity we encountered today. The ship docked, Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Gorgeous GorgesWell, we are almost halfway through our trip, a truly eye opening experience so far, with so much more to see. We entered the scenic part of the river today. This was a welcome transition from the first Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Too busy to write!Well, time for some catch-up. We have been on our river vessel, partly boat and partly ship for two nights now. Everyone has settled in nicely to the routines of eating, drinking and relaxing. The cabins are Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- China - First ImpressionsDay 1
Well, our adventure to China has begun and for the most part our first impressions have been very positive. The drive from the airport had us wide eyed and marvelling at the modern highways (relatively free of traffic Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Dali, Yunnan province[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 2Sunday 3rd August
Ni Hao! Hey, it’s me Jason. Yep, I’ve finally managed to get a word in edge ways. Miracles do happen.
Today was a long day. We were picked up very early this morning to head out to Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 8, 2014
- Summer Camp==07 July 2014 – 23 July 2014==
===HUST Summer Camp===
This year’s HUST Conversation English Classes with TFF (aka Summer Camp) was three weeks of great fun.
Brenda Rubacha and I, were again teaching partners – by design. Our feeling, when somethi Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 8, 2014