- China, Part 3Once Shanghai Camp was over, 2 friends and I (one friend being my host sister with whom I went to [[http://danpan.travellerspoint.com/34/|Seijinshiki]] in January) took a trip to Beijing!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495521/IMG_2157.j Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 19, 2013
- China, Part 2Once in China, we had a day to settle down, a day for an orientation, and then we were off to [[http://www.lexhippo.gr.jp/images/mulutilingualshanghai.pdf|Shanghai camp]]!
The camp took place at [[http://www.wtis.cn/?q=en/book/421|Wujiang Taihu Interna Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 19, 2013
- China, Part 1[center]I WENT TO CHINA![/center]
I know, I haven't written in a long time. BUT, I've spoken and presented about my time in China so many times that I've memorized e Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Oct 19, 2013
- I'm Back!Hey guys - sorry I've been M.I.A.
A lot has happened in the last few weeks! I guess I'll start with the 7 day vacation.
After a nine day school week, we had seven days off. On the Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Oct 18, 2013
- The Great Wall and BeyondLast Saturday was the perfect day to go to the pride of the Chinese people (as well as one of the largest testimonies to forced labor): the Great Wall. It was warm and there were clear blue skies. I went Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 17, 2013
- Sichuan Day 2 : Chengdu to JiuzhaiguoI booked the bus ticket to Jiuzhaiguo the day before. The bus was the first bus which left Xinnanmen Bus station at 7:30 am. it ended up being a wild rush catching the bus even though i was staying in Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Sep 27, 2013
- Sichuan Day 1 : Visit to the Chengdu Panda breeding centerDont miss this place when you are in Chengdu...it takes just 4 hours to do, including transport time. (entrance fee RMB 58)
Getting there -
Bus # 60 from Xinnanmen Bus Station, next to Travel Inn, and get off at Longqing Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Sep 26, 2013
- Stone Forest of ShilinHere are some photos from the day we spent at the stone forest. It was a bit of a hike to get there, taking 3 to 4 hours each way from central Kumning, and involving two city busses to Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Oct 16, 2013
- Lhasa day twoHad breaky in the hotel again and had a sleep in, I was going to get up and do some yoga and email... But went back to sleep instead.
We went to Potala palace, we were rushed through in an hour Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 14, 2013
- Lhasa Had a sleep in as we werent leaving till 10am, then breaky at the hotel which was quite good. Biggest breaky I've had in a while.
Headed off to Drepung monastery which use to be one of the largest monastery with Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 14, 2013
- Final Stop in Shanghai then...ciao, MaoFor this leg of the trip, I was joined by my friend, Denise. It was the first time for both of us in the largest city by population in the world (over 23 million). However, we were Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Oct 14, 2013
- Arriving in LhasaGot up stupid early to catch my plane, i left the hotel at 4:30am to give myself plenty of time and was probably even too early. It is great though how there is hot and cold water fountains at most Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 14, 2013
- A day in ChengduWoke up early and went to the panda sanctuary. It was good that we got there so early as we missed most of the crowds and actually got to see the pandas being a bit active. I was glad to Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 14, 2013
- Chengdu rest dayI slept late, a bit restlessly, especially when even though I was still sleeping in the dorm a girl started drying her clothes with a hair dryer right under my bunk... Gosh the Chinese can be rude some time.
Ended up Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- Shangrila - Chengdu Had a chilled morning, packed my bag, Jess made porridge for breaky and then we grabbed out stuff and headed to the guest house that Steph and Jacob were at. I fly out tonight and yesterday Jess, Jacob and Steph Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- Back to ShangrilaIt was amazing to have a shower again and wash my hair... Oh the simple pleasures.
Steph and Jacob kindly made us all porridge with raisins for breaky (to avoid the horrible Chinese breaky) and then we set off in a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 3Great breaky again at yak butter in, Steph, Jacob and Boaz joined us for a repeat of yesterday which was really good.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/ED3CC47 Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 13, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 2Got up early to have breaky, went to book another night where we were staying, In the international youth hostel (which was nothing fancy, but was cheap. i had dirt falling from the roof onto the foot on my bed Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 12, 2013
- Searching for the authentic China.===I admit that like many people, I rely on guidebooks when planning trips abroad and it can be difficult to avoid the apparent ubiquitous monopoly of ‘Lonely Planet’. Their recommendations can quickly become swamped (often deservedly) with English speaki Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Oct 12, 2013
- The Meili snow mountains - day 1We had breaky at the hostel and they only offered a Chinese breaky which i thought would be fine but it was a rice porridge thing, really super greasy bread and a hard boiled egg. i don't think it helps Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- Shangrila - Deqin - Feilai-siGot up early so that we could buy our bus tickets to Deqin. Jess and I headed to the bus station to buy our tickets while An looked for some hiking boots.
[img=http://phot Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- ShangrilaRest day, got up and did our washing, hanging it out on the balcony outside in hope it would dry before we leave tomorrow, but the weather doesn't look great. We had breaky then wandered around the old town a Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 11, 2013
- Tiger leaping gorgeWoke up feeling sick, sore throat and headache felt it coming on but was trying to ignore it. Regardless we had to get down to the guest house in the middle of the gorge to catch our bus so I Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- Tiger leaping gorge Left early for tiger leaping, it took two hours by bus and the scenery on the way was lovely. We got dropped at the beginning of the path and our bags continued on the the middle the gorge so we Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Oct 10, 2013
- There's this pollution...Ever since coming back from Hohhot, Beijing's pollution has gone from unhealthy to hazardous. It kept my friends from going out all last weekend (plus we're still waiting on those masks). Suddenly, yesterday the AQI index on the US Embassy's Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 10, 2013