- Day 5John enjoyed a bit of a sleep in today whilst I chose to have a quiet cuppa out on our balcony, enjoying the view and watching the passing parade along the roadway below. Did not have to rush this Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 5, 2015
- Day 4After an early breakfast we were off to Yangshuo, a two hour forgettable drive. Leaving Guilin in peak hour traffic gave us time to observe the crazy traffic scene. Motor bike riders wearing hard hats for helmets (or Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 3John was up bright and early this morning, taking a walk around the lake capturing images of the Sun and Moon Pagodas reflecting on the still lake surface.
I decided coffee was more interes Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 2Managed a reasonable night's sleep despite the hard mattress but was awake before sunrise.....I guess it was jetlag. After a nice buffet breakfast we set off to the shopping centre just across the road from our hotel. Not Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Apr 2, 2015
- LEZIONI DI CINESETorno adesso dalla lezione di cinese e non posso non condividere con voi le mie scoperte...mi si è aperto un mondo!!!
Magari voi le sapevate già però vabè non toglietemi il bello e fate almeno i 'finti sorpresi' ;)
Allora, a un Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Apr 1, 2015
- Day 1 After many years of keeping a written journal of our holidays and adventures, we have decided to move into the modern era and write a blog to share our stories with family and friends. I still intend to write Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream | Mar 31, 2015
- Part 4: The kora around Mt KailashPart 4: The kora around Mt Kailash
Mt Kailash - home of the gods, both Hindu and Buddhist. Pilgrims from Tibet, Nepal and India venture here to walk the 52 km circuit around the base of the mountain. Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 30, 2015
- Great Wall: Mutianyu
Monday, time for the reason most people come to China: Great Wall! Our tour even included breakfast, if we could find Saga hostel again. It had been tricky enough yesterday, but we had it in m Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 28, 2015
- Part 3: The drive west to Mt Kailash
After three days in and about Lhasa, we started our road trip to Mt Kailash, some 1,230 km away from Lhasa. We piled our gear into the back of two land cruisers, myself being allocated to the back Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 1 - The travelIt starts.
After packing my ultra cool backpack I took the train to the south of the Netherlands to meet with Mot, my friend with whom I will be traveling. I spent the night at his place and at 5 am Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 25, 2015
- Day 0 - PackingSo.... I’m going to China. Backpacking.
Ok, it might not be the real backpacking thing but looking at me and looking at the fact that I’m a 40 year old bat who has never been away from home longer than 16 Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 24, 2015
- ZOO COFFEE animal coffee shop in ShanghaiZOO COFFEE is the new chain-like brand coffee shop, to this day, twenty-six new stores have been opened in Shanghai. The coffee shop which was decorated very warm and very interesting. There are zebras, monkeys, tiger and other animals in Posted by yuning_china in travel around China | Mar 23, 2015
- Part 2: A short stay in Lhasa
We arrived in Lhasa at about three in the afternoon to a very busy, modern train station. After a security check we were able to leave the station and we wer Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 23, 2015
- Art and Airplanes in Beijing
On Saturday, we headed to the National Art Museum. It met my friend's two specifications: indoors and not far from the apartment. We only had to walk ten minutes and it was free to boot if you b Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 17, 2015
- ...E DOMANI???? DOVE????Ciao a tutti, indovinate un po'? DOMANI PARTO!!!!!!!!!
alcuni di voi sanno gia' dove andro' (non svelatelo in anticipo!) altri lo scopriranno QUI leggendo il prossimo post....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 15, 2015
- Summer Palace
It was less motivating to get out of bed when the weather was chilly. I had come to realize that as Canadians, we were a bit spoiled when it came to dealing with cold weather. Sure, outside it Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 15, 2015
- Part 1: The train from Beijing to Lhasa
Part 1: The train trip from Beijing to Lhasa
To call the West Beijing Train Station crowded was a gross understatement. Every square inch was taken by a crushing mass of arms, le Posted by IvaS in A short trip in Tibet | Mar 13, 2015
- FAMILY REUNION!Una volta padroni della lingua e attenti conoscitori della moneta locale [i](eccetto quella volta che mio papa' volendo fare come al solito di testa sua stava per comprare 10 magneti per oltre 50 euro perche' la matematica E' LA SUA Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 11, 2015
- Tasty BeijingTrains weren't agreeing with us lately. We were up all night due to another screaming baby, louder than our headphones, that the mother wasn't keen on soothing. The same mother and her mother chatted loudly, far too early in the Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 11, 2015
- Xi'an's Terracotta army and museum
Early the next morning, after we enjoyed some tasty and cheap egg and veggie buns from a local street vendor, we headed to the bus station looking for a bus bound for the terracotta warrior Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 11, 2015
- FAMILY REUNION!Come anticipato per il capodanno cinese sono venuti a trovarmi mamma e papa' e, grazie a Silvia, ce l'hanno fatta ad arrivare fin qui altrimenti non so...credo che si sarebbero persi per strada e sarei dovuta andare in Russia a Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Mar 9, 2015
- Xi'anWe arrived in chilly Xi’an via sleeper train mid afternoon. We were both pretty exhausted having not slept well due to our screaming baby neighbour on the train bunks. We exited the grimy train station and made our way to Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 6, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Macau and Home[center][/center]
I spent the next few days taking things slow. My three month holiday was now entering its last third, and I found that I wasn't quite ready to acc Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Mar 6, 2015
- Ernie Goes to Beijing[center][/center]
I first met Hannah in the summer of 2006 – she had been invited to play on my church’s summer softball team by a mutual friend – and we managed to keep in tou Posted by ErnieHK in Ernie Goes | Mar 2, 2015
- Guilin private tours: 5 Days 4 Nights Yangshuo Longji Rice TGuilin Private Tours mainly specializes in tours around Guilin Yangshuo area in Guangxi, two most popular areas for visitors to China. We cater to the needs of individual tourists as well as small tour groups including families, friends and business Posted by Guilin tour in Offer tours around Guilin Yangshuo in CN | Mar 2, 2015