- Getting ready.....Penny for the thoughts......
Looking out over the river in Cenxi, the place we were born?
We are looking forward to travelling back to experience "real life" in Cenxi, living as locals and chatting to locals to learn as much as we Posted by Fu Girls in Fu Girls | May 26, 2014
- ALTRO CHE MUSEO!#sabato #casanuova #mancaqualcosa #supermercato #spesa #daperdersi
Come molti di voi sanno mi sono appena trasferita in quella che è e sarà la mia casa (Home Sweet Home! basta Hotel!!!) ciò significa finalmente poter cucinare del cibo con le proprie ma Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 24, 2014
- Nine horses, snake wine & goose liverGuilin, a scene from an alien movie, with its lush green paddy fields and magnificent limestone towers sprouting up amongst them. You have to be here to experience it, so beautiful and so foreign. Ger and I Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 25, 2014
- X marks the spot.I arrived in Xi'an pretty excited. Chengdu was amazing, but Xi'an was the start of seeing proper ancient China. The end of the Silk Road, Xi'an has an entire wall, the drum and bell towers, the pagodas, a Muslim quarter Posted by Kiwi Holly in Well ni hao China! | May 25, 2014
- New emotions every dayI could get used to this: an ice-cream now, a milkshake later and a frozen yoghurt on the afternoon snack. The only thing I can't stand is this terribly hot weather... 8 am in the morning and the thermometer already Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 22, 2014
- The Great WallWow! That's all my mouth could say first time I laid eyes on the Great Wall. I'm not exaggerating - it's really outstanding! I walked part of the Great Wall in the site of Badaling, and the views were amazing. Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 21, 2014
- Shangri LaChina continues to surprise me is the message at the end of another couple of days here. Yesterday we started our day wandering through Black Dragon Pond Park in Lijiang (random line dancers can be found here as well). Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 22, 2014
- Da 0 a 10 e sono a cavalloOggi in pausa pranzo ho cominciato le mie lezioni di cinese..beh niente di che, semplicemente una chiaccherata tra colleghe :)
Pero' almeno ho imparato a contare e a capire il meccanismo dei numeri...
Da 0 a 10 e sono a cavallo perche' Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 20, 2014
- What a wonderful city!I've been here for no longer than 30 hours and I keep amazed by how it works: motocicles and cars are noiseless, the subway works like a Swiss watch, it's a very intelligent and person-friendly city, and almost everyone scratches Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | May 20, 2014
- Culture Shock RevisitedAfter spending 3 weeks in China I can say with confidence that culture shock well and truly is alive and kicking!! I was 100% affected by it. To the extent that I was questioning my whole trip away. Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | May 20, 2014
- Lijiang, a history lessonI love the pace of this portion of our journey, up at 7 am, belly up to the amazing buffet breakfast (this is not a calorie neutral journey even with a half marathon) and out exploring by 9. Today Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 20, 2014
- COSA 'SERVE' E COSA 'TROVO'!Oggi scrivo un breve post su alcune cose che carine che accadono quotidianamente.
Per esempio qui sotto trovate gli 'attrezzi del mestiere'!
Di solito ad Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 19, 2014
- A Visit to Dr Sun Yat-sen Residence Memorial MuseumDubbed as the revolutionary forerunner by the Chinese Communist Party and as the father of the nation by the Chinese Nationalist Party, Dr Sun Yat-sen is the most united figure for political persuasions in Greater China Region. Almost every city Posted by WinHuang in Win's Travels | May 8, 2014
- Farwell Beijing hello LijiangWell perhaps I should consider hanging up my spurs and pursuing running more seriously as it appears I am more natural at running versus reining. I ended up 5th in my age group (yay, 40 rocks I am now Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 19, 2014
- ChongqingKnown as the 'Summer Furnace' for it's oppressive humidity and searing heat, Chongqing could also be known for being crap. With more than 30 million people, Chongqing was an amazing mix of filth, squalor, and a touch of materialism.
It's best Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | May 19, 2014
- Mantengo un'altra promessa!#Shhhh #silenzio #dopopranzo #quisidorme
Shhh...devo battere piano sui tasti per non svegliare nessuno!!!
Questo e' quello che mi si prospetta davanti subito dopo pranzo. Il mio ufficio, le mie colleghe, buio, silenzio...qui non si scherza mica, si Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 18, 2014
- Mushu and other tales of the Forbidden CityOur last two days in Beijing have not been filled with as much wow factor as when we visited the Great Wall ([[http://rexontheroad.travellerspoint.com/114/|There are nine million security checks in Beijing]]). None the less it has been impressive. Two Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 1, 2012
- OCCHI APERTI E DITO PRONTO A SCATTARE!#camminando #guardando #fotografando #sivededitutto
Oggi un bel giro esplorativo per la città, ecco alcune cose interessanti che sono riuscita a fotografare :)
[b]PER UN MARCIAPIEDE GRANDE CI VUOLE UNA SCOPA GRANDE!!!! era così che recitava lo spot, Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 16, 2014
- Race Day!Race Day = Awesome. What an incredible experience and I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to experience it. First and foremost, thanks to Ger who stands by whatever hair brain idea I have from Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 17, 2014
- HO VINTO!!!!Solo per tenervi aggiornati sullo sviluppo della guerra in corso con l'aria condizionata: HO VINTO!!!!!!!!
Non immaginate la gioia e la soddisfazione! Eh si perché non è stato per niente semplice ho perso molte battaglie perché il meccanismo è dav Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 16, 2014
- >NONSOLONEGOZI<In attesa di un po' di foto che possano testimoniare una cosa di cui vi vorrei parlare, ne approfitto per condividere due foto che ho fatto oggi con relativa spiegazione/commento.
Mi scuso con tutti i fotografi professionisti che mi leggono per Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 15, 2014
- T+1 to the run!Today was activity light (or was supposed to be given it is the rest day before the race). We stumbled downstairs to join the other runners for a buffet breakfast and happily discovered I am not the only Princess Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 16, 2014
- First encounter with the Great WallWe left Beijing today and headed north to Jixian where the section of the Great Wall, Huangyaguan, is that we will run. Our first glimpse of the outer limits fit my preexisting mental image of China more than Beijing Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | May 15, 2014
- Opere di alta ingegneria in camera#camera #facaldo #ariacondizionata #sembrafacile
Da giorni ho intrapreso una battaglia con l'aria condizionata in camera... finora ha vinto lei!!!
Per giorni ho dormito con correnti d'aria che arrivavano da ogni parte, solo che non sapevo dove dire Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 14, 2014
- The night from HellThree nights ago we ended up at Guangzhou airport with me about to pack in my years trip around the world, one month in, for a plane ticket straight back to London! And here's why...
Everything was going smoothly in Posted by JonAndSara in A Long Way For Dumplings | May 14, 2014