- HELLO!Hi!!! I apologize for the late post. We've had no wifi!!
After the Tiananmen Square day, we had our Beijing "Apprentice" assignment. We all trekked to the Silk Market. For those not in the know, the Silk Market is a MASSIVE Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Oct 2, 2013
- National Day holidayLenge siden sist blogging nå!
Grunnen til det er rett og slett at det ikke har skjedd så mye spennende. Dagene er like, jeg står opp tidlig, går på jobb, har lang lunsjpause, tilbake til skolen igjen, og etter det er Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 1, 2013
- Playing Frogger with Hohhot TrafficIt is amazing how architecture reflects the emperor's power. After a wonderful trip to the Forbidden City and all of its gates last Sunday (the best building was the Opera House and people really took an interest to my roommate's Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Sep 30, 2013
- To Hong Kong via Xi'an, ChengDu, Guilin, and ShenzhenIt was time to leave Beijing so I planned a trip by rail that had me stop at several cities I wanted to visit. I had ten days to do it. I waited a bit late to book Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Sep 30, 2013
- Our few first daysWe arrived in Shanghai on Sept. 14th. Exhausted, tired and confused we stepped out of the customs area and into the real China. We hadn't thought of what we would do if Tony wasn't among the hundreds of people waiting Posted by mikerin in The uncommon adventures of Mike & Erin | Sep 29, 2013
- Southern China - Nanjing, Chengdu, and Yunnan provinceDear all,
It's time for another update. Lachlan and I are in the south-west of China, in Yunnan province, which is south of Tibet. The country of Myanmar (Burma) is directly to the west from here and Laos and Vietnam are Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Sep 29, 2013
- Pinyao So the past 2 weeks have been so busy! On the 19th of September we had a 4 day weekend (till the 22nd) due to the moon festival. Unfortunately due to traveling at the time I didn’t get to Posted by 丽贝卡RebeccaH in CHINA | Sep 29, 2013
- Tiananmen Square morning!Today we had a very interesting day. After workout, we had to meet the group at the East Tiananmen Square subway station. We weren't allowed to bring cameras or bags. We needed to wear closed toed shoes, long pants, and Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Sep 28, 2013
- Beijing and a Little CultureBefore arriving in Mainland China, I thought I might find a sober, grey environment with many Chinese wearing face masks because of the pollution. As you've seen from my other blogs, that's not what I have found so far. Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | Sep 27, 2013
- the great climbHi everybody!
This morning we woke up earlier in order to meet for a quick yoga session at 6:45. At 8:00, we all hopped on the bus and trekked out to the mountains! We had to climb a HUGE number of Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Sep 27, 2013
- Tagong (ལྷ་སྒང་), trekking per l’Himàlaia
Aviso a navegants: aquesta entrada és un pèl llarga (Sí, fins i tot més que les altres)... tres Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 26, 2013
- Mid-Autumn FestivalLast week we had a three day vacation for Mid-Autumn festival, one of the most important Chinese festivals of the year. As far as I can tell, Mid-Autumn festival celebrates a good harvest and takes place on a full Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Sep 26, 2013
- Medical Massage...[center]So today I went to see my Chinese friend for lunch.
Nothing strange there - She owns a restaurant in town and I cooked Christmas dinner there for everyone last year (hopefully a tradition that will continue this December as well!)
I Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Sep 26, 2013
- Damp in YangshuoWe left Guilin train station on a coach showing back-to-back episodes of Chinese 'Take Me Out'. I'm happy to report all the usual characters were there (kooky girls, twins, fat guys with cool glasses) and Chinese Paddy McGuinness looks like Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 25, 2013
So...We're in Beijing! Our 2:55pm Monday flight, landed Tuesday at 4:30pm. The group went to a mall food court for dinner - no one had a clue what they were eating, but it was pretty good for a wild Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Sep 24, 2013
- navajanje..===10 dni je mimo!
=====evo, več kot en teden sm že tuki. mal je še kriza z pogrešanjem, sploh zato ker se z nobenim ne slišim kej velik, ampak sej bo. ta teden imam spet predavanja, kar pomeni vstajanje ob 8h Posted by abovethesea in v centru sveta, nad morjem | Sep 24, 2013
- Visitor's Guide to Hangzhou Bike Share (Part II)[left][/left]
This summer, I had the opportunity to check out one of the world's largest bike share programs, Hangzhou Public Bicycle. The program sees about 250,000 trips per Posted by winniewfong in Wanderlust | Sep 23, 2013
- Visitor's Guide to Hangzhou Bike Share (Part I)Hangzhou is a popular day-trip from Shanghai since it is only 45 minutes away by High Speed Rail (HSR). If you are arriving by HSR, here are directions to get to the Hangzhou Public Transport Coupon-Selling Centre.
Posted by winniewfong in Wanderlust | Sep 23, 2013
- Admin day in GuilinSo got up early and frantically tried to upload photos while I have Internet that works. Then I needed to get cracking on planning and organising my next few stops. I had a bit of a plan in mind and Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 22, 2013
- Arriving in GuilinArrived at 4pm and it was still raining lucky I have all my rain covers and rain jacket. I found my hostel and the staff were super friendly and helpful. My plan was to sort out my next few stops Posted by CassB in Big Trip Home | Sep 22, 2013
- Xi'anOur first impression of Xi'an was one of laziness...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/405076/4Xi Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Sep 22, 2013
- Fángzi (House)Our new mansion!
I have just moved into my third flat in 10 months of living here in Xiamen. My last flat was very good: a two bed apartment on the 21st floor in the middle of the city. Its really Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 22, 2013
- My favourite Chinese wordsWhile I have been living here in Xiamen I have been trying to learn Chinese in my spare time. Chinese is such a logical language, I really love it. The grammar is so much more simple than English grammar, and Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Sep 22, 2013
- Litang ལི་ཐང་རྫོང Tashi Delek བཀྲ་ཤིས་བདེ་ལེགས & el Far West
L’arribada a Litang la nit anterior va ser convulsa (remitanse al último capítulo), però ens havíem quedat en el viatge... El Potala Inn, la guesthouse on ens va deixar el Carlos Sainz s Posted by asiantryp in tibet2malaysia | Sep 21, 2013
- Mahjong on the YangtzeAfter a morning in a pay-by-the-hour hotel (for post-train showering you understand, though one doubts the motives of the other customers) we left Chongqing by bus for Wanzhou, where our river boat awaited us. I think we had all pictured Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 21, 2013