- Sunday 13 April 2014On our way! After a slow start for Ryan this morning, we all managed to get out the door and to the airport. On check in we discovered that our plane to Hong Kong is full and that we aren't Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | Apr 12, 2014
- Randomness #1For this 2nd in what hopefully is a daily thing this week (I need to build some habits up, even if I will be moving during this week-off too), I present a bunch of random photos. Those photos that I Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 31, 2014
- Year of the Horse - Lantern FestivalIt's time to post something that can be shared in just one post.
So, here it is:
==The Year of the Horse Lantern Festival.==
The Lantern Festival occurs on the 15th day of the Spring Festival (more commonly called Chinese New Year in Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Mar 30, 2014
- Harbin Winter SwimmingHarbin, December 28th 2013
During my stay in Harbin, it had been the most freezing day. My breath vapor on the surface of my camera transformed into frost within just seconds. I stuck back my camera on my face, the frost Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Mar 29, 2014
- 2013 E3 OCEANIA - BEJING & HOME[[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/286/|PREVIOUS DAY]]
Before tacking the Great Wall for the 2nd time, we visit a temple & a shopping visit to a Jade sales outlet.
Heres the temple....very quiet... we were about the only tourists there..
[ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 E2 OCEANIA - XIANG===Still in Xian,===
we are out early & pass the exercisers....
& early morning market
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 E1 OCEANIA - TERRACOTTA WARRIORS & SHOWAfter breakfast at a really great buffet in the hotel, my luggage arrived so I was able to change in time for....
=== ...the flight to Xian and the Terracotta Army===
It is not allowed Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D9 OCEANIA - BEIJING, TIANNAMEN SQUARE & FORBIDDEN CITY[[http://hasbeen.travellerspoint.com/283/|THE PREVIOUS SEGMENT...]]
===THE LAST BREAKFAST ON BOARD...===
JENNY & DON - DON'S OFF TO EVEREST ON HIS WAY HOME.
TOBY & BOB - THEY GOT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D8 OCEANIA - THE GREAT WALL===I have one day in the port of Tianjin & get off the ship tomorrow.===
Today it is a bus ride to the part of the Great Wall closest to the port.
A couple of views of the countryside.. Mostly, very Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Kashgar, Crossroads of the Silk Road, Xinjiang, China
The joy of a traveler looking for historic sites is the re Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Mar 23, 2014
- 2013 D6 OCEANIA - GARDEN CITY of SOUZHOU===Today, we are heading inland to the garden city of Souzou.===
Would be really odd if I bumped into the couple I met in Singapore. I don't.
Shanghai from the ship - early morning, very misty....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/ Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- 2013 D5 OCEANIA - SHANGHAI===SHANGHAI===
Today is my first time in China & I am just going to wander around on my own.
I walk off the ship & turn right & through a nice little park to the ferry across th Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Stranded in ShanghaiTwo days ago we stepped off the Japan-China ferry and dove headlong into a culture shock of epic proportions. We had been previously warned by several people that we had met on our various travels that China was not Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 27, 2012
- People doing what they loveLiving by the mantra “Do what you love” has made me a happy person now, and I have since met many happy people who I find very inspirational. People who have jobs they love. Who are making conscious choices everyday Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | Mar 16, 2014
- Classic BeijingLast day in Beijing! The tour today only had 2 of us. Luckily for me, it was a nice Filipino man on a stopover from the Philippines. We headed to Tianenmen Square and the Forbidden City. There was some monthly Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 13, 2014
- Full Beijing ExperienceToday started off with a frightening event. My bus for the tour was supposed to pick me up at 7:50 and had called to tell me to come down so when I went down the first bus I saw was Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 11, 2014
- Chengdu to BeijingTamara and Ami headed back home today and I headed to Beijing. It was sad and I miss them already.
So one of the simple joys I get now in China is being able to go on a Western toilet. Chengdu Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 10, 2014
- PANDASAs the tour has now come to a close, it is funny how entertaining the people on this tour were. Each person had a unique hilarious quality about them. There were couples that saw their own children in Tamara, Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 9, 2014
- Mount Emei and ChengduHappy International Women's Day!!! Apparently, China is one of the few countries that makes this a national holiday. Good job, China!
Today, we headed to a Jade "Factory". I was instructed not to buy any jade so this was a Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 8, 2014
- Huanglong village and Leshan BuddhaToday started off with one of the best meals we had thus far......cup o noodles that Tamara and Ami brought for breakfast. Haha. Then we proceeded to leave our disgusting hotel for a long bus ride back to civilization and Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 7, 2014
- Frozen Peddler ParadiseIt's funny how industrialization is both a gift and a curse. The Tibetan people still try to give this illusion that they have been unaffected by the tourism that travels through here but you see it in the down jackets Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 6, 2014
- Jinzhai Valley National Park[It's easy to appreciate how much I have in the states when I see the desolation and poverty around Jiuzhaigou. You forget how luxurious your life actually is compared to the rest of the world. ]
Jiuzhaigou derives its name Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 5, 2014
- Ride to JiuzhaigouJello from almost 10,000 feet above sea level! As I write this, I am slowly realizing how tired and kinda lightheaded I feel......Today, we were not anticipating the 11 hour bus ride we had to endure. It was a long Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 4, 2014
- ABCI'm currently sitting in Beijing international airport waiting for my connecting flight to Chengdu. That's what immigrant patients must feel like. I will just point at the thing I want or make gestures or say words and hope it means Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 3, 2014
- Xin nian kuai leBecause I am the proud author of a blog- I find it mandatory to do an entry about the New Year. I must mention I am not referring to the Chinese New year, instead the one that occurs on December Posted by MissMaggieMae in Wonderlust | Mar 1, 2014