- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 7 (Da Likeng-Qinghua)
Da Likeng to Qinghua Hike
This was a pretty long hike - about 15-20 kms. We walked along the main road for about 2 km and Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 13, 2013
- Book Five: Return to Southeast Asia and ChinaTO ALL MY NEW TRAVEL AND OLD FRIENDS: HERE STARTS THE BLOG OF MY LAST TRAVEL ADVENTURE THIS PAST FEB TO APRIL 2013. WE ARE NOW HOME.
After the long flight, Hong Kong still felt vaguely familiar after Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | May 12, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 6 (Da Likeng)After reaching Lingjiao, took a van direct to Da Likeng via HongDao. The van cost was RMB 100 for 2 persons. The journey took about an hour. Da Likeng has this seperate entrance fee of RMB 60, so the count Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 12, 2013
- A Chinese WeddingThis evening we were invited to our second Chinese wedding. I'll admit, the first time I attended a wedding here I found it a bit of an anti-climax and was surprised to see how casual and quick it all was Posted by emilyferris in China - Teaching English and more | May 10, 2013
Posted by ynxk in YNXK 雲客 | May 8, 2013
- Last Night in BeijingBeijing, December 29th 2012
And, the show had to end. I can't think of anything better to finalize my trip in Beijing than this [[http://beautyandthefreeze.travellerspoint.com/60/|acrobat Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | May 8, 2013
- Silk Road from desert to snow mountain #1Someone asked me "Why do you travel in China a lot?"
I think it is not a lot. This is just fourth time and there are many places where I have never been.
This trip, I planed go to the north silk Posted by kurtmormor in Somewhere, Some Places | May 7, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 5 (Guankeng- Lingjiao)The Guankeng-Lingjiao Hike is among the 2 recommended hikes in Wuyuan County. It is done in about 3.5 to 4 hrs. It's ideal to set out at about 7:30 in the morning and you are there at Lingjiao at about Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 12, 2013
- Shìchǎng (Markets)Markets in China are as lively as markets anywhere else in the world.
They are favoured by most for the cheap food and the kind of goods that can't seem to be categorised into any one shop.
The challenge of Posted by Melimei in Do what you love | May 7, 2013
- Day in the CityWe spent part of our day in the city last week. Getting to the city center by cab is always an experience. This cabby tried to charge us double the normal rate. I just laughed at him. Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | May 6, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 4 (Guankeng)Am now in Guankeng. This is the northern most village and is near the Anhui border. The village is frequented by independent travellers and very few tour groups make their way here. The village is a launching point for the Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 11, 2013
- Mom...please don't freak out...I really don't have time to be writing this. I have an insane amount of homework to do but I have to write about my latest cultural endeavor. This past week I have been on spring break. I used that Posted by Kaceyroo in Kacey <3 China | May 6, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 3 (Qingyuan)After lunch at Xiaoqi, took a motorcycle to the village of Qingyuan (price 50 RMB). The route passed through the village of Jiangling. The journey was uphill after a point with winding roads carvings themselves on the hills.
[img=http://photos. Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 10, 2013
- ShanghaiIn the hostel, sitting on a bit comfy sofa with my first cup of tea in two months, I realised the time I am spending in Yunnan only shows me a fraction of China and it's vast culture. In Shanghai, Posted by emilyferris in China - Teaching English and more | May 5, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part IV - Tibetan Food and Monasteries===Lunch===
We choose a family meal, at a home that the tour company we were with uses regularly for this sort of experience.
Ana rested for the afternoon, Barbara re-joined us (although only drank tea at lunch).
We had a lovely Tibetan hotpot, Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | May 4, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part III - Nature at 3,600 m===Breakfast at 3,300 Meters Above Sea Level===
===Day 6: Friday, June 22 (Morning Park Session)===
[float=right][/float]The night had been cold, but with good com Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | May 4, 2013
- Beijing Acrobat ShowBeijing, December 29th 2012
Watching Chinese acrobat in China, at last. Another dream has come true.
Are you ready? Open the curtains...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | May 4, 2013
- Acrobatic FrustrationBeijing, December 29th 2012
A year ago, [[http://beautyandthefreeze.travellerspoint.com/32/|I traveled to Wuhan for one thing: Acrobat Show]]. Nevertheless, due to lack of information, my itinerary missed just one day from the scheduled show. Hence, I Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | May 4, 2013
- au revoirMy life has been interesting of late, plenty to talk about, nothing I want to say. That's always been the problem with this blog, that I avoid interesting gossip and end up talking about negative TIC stuff like oh...I Posted by safemouse in Bayan Nur suitcase | May 3, 2013
- Middle points Having spent much time in Foshan and Guangzhou area, I with the nagging feeling that I had to move on, I say thank you and good bye to Frankie and Sisi and get a train ticket to a middle point Posted by findmywuwei in Flying Solo, Landing Empty | May 2, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 2 (Xiaoqi)Before we get into the details of Xiaoqi, it would be interesting to see where exactly is Wuyuan on the map of China.
Wuyuan is situated in Jiangxi province, which is in South Central China.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/526776/china Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 9, 2013
- Three days in Wuyuan, Jiangxi - Part 1 (Little Likeng)[b]This trip is about a 3 day holiday to Wuyuan. Wuyuan is described by many as the most picturesque village area in China. The whole circuit of Wuyuan has about 10 main villages. I covered all of them in this Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Apr 8, 2013
- ŞangayXi’an dan tren ile yorucu ve uzun bir yolculuktan sonra Şangay’a geldik. Doğunun Paris’i diye anlatılan şehre Pekinden sonra yüksek beklentiler ile daha fazla bir heyecan içinde geldik. Maalesef inanılmaz bir yağmur bizi karşılıyor. Tren istasyonundan dı Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Nov 12, 2011
- PekinUzak Doğu gezimizin ikinci durağı olan Pekin’e, bir dünya harikasını daha görme arzusu ile Seul’den 2 saatlik rahat bir yolculuk sonucu merakla geldik.
Havayolu şirketi olarak China Southern’ı kullandık ve kişi başı tek yön bilet fiyatı 325 ABD doları ö Posted by ayferonur in Ayfer-Onur Seyahatnamesi | Nov 15, 2011
- Laugh of the DaySpotted at our local supermarket:
Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Apr 29, 2013