- An Autumn Leaf in the Spring City Wind[center]
Today is November 20th, (2012) and I am getting ready to leave China. When I arrived here, in Kunming, nearly two months ago, I had big plans to run around the country visit Posted by TravelerTyler in Whither shall the winds blow me? | Oct 18, 2014
- GROUNDEDAfter saying a fond farewell to Japan we spent a large part of the day travelling on Thursday flying 5.5 hours to Beijing, China.
Immediately we found the atmosphere and interaction with the locals worlds apart from what we’d just experienced Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Oct 17, 2014
- China September 2014[float=right][/float]
===Visa for China===
To visit China you may need to apply to the Chinese Embassy for a visa. For British citizens applying from the UK this takes 5 to 10 days by post from the Chinese Embassies in London, Manchester Posted by downroute in Downroute | Oct 16, 2014
- China 2014October 1st is not the best day to go to the train station of a large city in China as it is National Day. But, with booked tickets in hand, we go early to be on the safe side. The Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 16, 2014
- Peking (Teil 2) und ShanghaiNach unserem Reisli ins Reich der Kims hat uns Air Koryo sicher nach Peking zurückgebracht. Nach einer Woche konstanter Begleitung fühlte es sich schon fast komisch an, das Guesthouse zu verlassen, ohne schon von Senior, Junior und Mr Kang, dem Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Oct 16, 2014
- Forbidden CityWe caught the bus 1 yuan each about 20 cents to Tienanmen Square. They use opal cards. Forbidden CityIis huge. We did it in hour with the help of Frank our blow in tour guide. 300 concubines and 2000 Posted by nicnian in Nick and Ian's Trans Siberian Adventure | Oct 15, 2014
- 14/10/14 Beijing ChinaVisited Summer Palace at twilight. Exquisite! Beijing traffic is unbelievable.. we feel like an attraction ourselves. Had photos taken with two lovely young girls who wanted our picture!! Not enough time to go through the whole place, it is just Posted by nicnian in Nick and Ian's Trans Siberian Adventure | Oct 14, 2014
- KARA OK!!So after a long day of touristy things it was time to unwind. The girls got ready and then we headed up to the lounge/bar on the top of the boat. We were excited as we'd seen the Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 9, 2012
- SCENE DA UN MATRIMONIOLa scorsa settimana sono stata invitata al mio primo matrimonio cinese (un'esperienza unica e molto emozionante!).
E così oggi, dopo un po' di giorni di assenza (scusate ma ero in Corea a festeggiare il mio compleanno :) ) farò un bel Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Oct 10, 2014
- Magical times traveling - now in YunnanBeing in new and unfamiliar places makes even something as simple as a trip to buy groceries or catching public transport a quest. It’s a theme I’ve been thinking about recently since I’ve been living out of a suitcase Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Oct 8, 2014
- China 2014After leaving our Yangste a River boat we boarded the train in Yichang. 7 hours on a Chinese train in soft seat should not be too bad, seated in a big chair with foot rest and plenty of leg room. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 6, 2014
- Wow that's a pretty big wallSat in my second hostel in shanghai after a few very busy days...let me fill you in
Had an early start on the 2nd after another pretty good night's sleep but it was totally worth it as I was visiting the Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Oct 4, 2014
- Last days - then home!This final entry is being added somewhat tardily from the comfort of suburban Jindalee.
For our penultimate day in Beijing we were left to our own devices. This was probably a good thing as we were both feeling a Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Oct 4, 2014
- ChongqingThe bus drove us through even more terraced rice paddies. I was seated in the bus behind a lady who managed to open the window that was shared with me, to throw up quite substantially, while riding, and to close Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 20, 2014
- Greetings from Guizhou!
Greetings again from Guizhou! It's been about a year and half since I was last here, and now I’m sitting in my paternal grandma’s house drinking milk tea and listening to my aunties talking and playing mahjong. Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Oct 2, 2014
- Dag 34 - ShanghaiSå, nu har jag tillslut tagit mig hela vägen från Istanbul till Peking med hjälp av tåg och buss, sen flugit ner till Shanghai. På väg från Kazakhstan till Kina gjordes ett kortare stopp i en lite by som heter Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Oct 2, 2014
- A rainy BeijingFlights were ok, just sat and watched films and TV, was very happy to watch New Girl tho! Found myself being really jealous of the people who had the 3 seater windows seats to themselves tho as prob got 3 Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Oct 1, 2014
- A chill wind at the Summer Palace, the Forbidding CityThe problem with having an inward facing room, is that you are not really sure what to expect when you go outside. Encouraged by yesterday's glorious weather and a two-day-old weather forecast, I went out to face the day Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 30, 2014
- China 2014Having settled ourselves into our VIP suites on Yangste Gold Boat No. 7, Dick, Cindi and I convene on our cabin balcony and open a bottle of wine to celebrate our good fortune. It had been a stressful check-in, and Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 30, 2014
- Hitting the WallAfter an early breakfast which included an eclectic mix of East and West, we waited with the rest of our small tour group for our pickup. There were two other couples from Australia, one from Perth and one from Adelaide. Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 29, 2014
- China Escaping the typhoon we headed South on a bus to the most southerly point of China, this is Sanya on Hainan Island. We travelled down the East coast, the scenery getting more and more tropical the further south we went. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 29, 2014
- OFFERTE SPECIALI!Anche qui, come in ogni parte del mondo ci sono le OFFERTE SPECIALI al supermercato :) io di solito sono abituata ad avere la casa invasa da pacchi di carta igienica ("serve sempre" dicono le zie!), rotoloni scottex ([i]si perchè Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 28, 2014
- CHE "FANTASTICO" PORTACHIAVI!Oggi giro 'turistico' (si fa per dire) in sample room, tra tessuti, modellisti, sarti ecc. immancabile la ricerca di tessuti nella sterminata vastità del magazzino (scaffali stra bordanti e quintali di acari inclusi nel prezzo) alla ricerca dell'im Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 24, 2014
- Beijing for Starters20th-22nd July
My sandal breaks down on exiting the station at Dongzhi men.
No sandals of my size were available in the nearby department stores, so I bought a one euro pair of plastic flip-flops. My heels exceeded the to Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Aug 26, 2014
- Beijing for Dessert15th August
We visited the Belgian Embassy (stayed at the gate, saluting Tintin) and the embassies area, after having recovered our bicycle at the office, having watched Mrs Wang and 5 other card players at 'shengji'in the office, and having Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 22, 2014