- Beijing - Day 1This trip provides a FULL itinerary which leaves little time to catch your breath. Tonight I am trying to catch up on what has happened the past two days.
We flew out of Xi'an on Sunday. Now you Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Warriors and the Amazing RaceWow! Just wow! What a day in Xian.
First, your Chinese lesson - Xi'an is one of the most ancient Chinese cities, steeped in history. Xi is west and an is peace so Xi'an is called the Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Chinese Gastromony!The food has been top notch with a wide variety of international foods. We were on our own the first night. Being exhausted and not wanting to venture to far we found a burger joint of all things Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Hot Yoga meets Stairway to HeavenSo we exited the boat early this morning to climb to the top of the Shibaozhai Temple, or Temple of Heaven. It is truly impossible to explain the heat and the humidity we encountered today. The ship docked, Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Gorgeous GorgesWell, we are almost halfway through our trip, a truly eye opening experience so far, with so much more to see. We entered the scenic part of the river today. This was a welcome transition from the first Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Too busy to write!Well, time for some catch-up. We have been on our river vessel, partly boat and partly ship for two nights now. Everyone has settled in nicely to the routines of eating, drinking and relaxing. The cabins are Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- China - First ImpressionsDay 1
Well, our adventure to China has begun and for the most part our first impressions have been very positive. The drive from the airport had us wide eyed and marvelling at the modern highways (relatively free of traffic Posted by jonaway in 你好 Nǐ hǎo China! | Aug 9, 2014
- Dali, Yunnan province[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 9, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 2Sunday 3rd August
Ni Hao! Hey, it’s me Jason. Yep, I’ve finally managed to get a word in edge ways. Miracles do happen.
Today was a long day. We were picked up very early this morning to head out to Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 8, 2014
- Summer Camp==07 July 2014 – 23 July 2014==
===HUST Summer Camp===
This year’s HUST Conversation English Classes with TFF (aka Summer Camp) was three weeks of great fun.
Brenda Rubacha and I, were again teaching partners – by design. Our feeling, when somethi Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 8, 2014
- Longji rice terraces - Dazhai[img= Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 7, 2014
- Tiger Leaping Gorge and Shangri-laHi again! So here is the second half of our journey from Lijiang to Shangri-la, in northern Yunnan Province. Before we leave the Stone Drum Town here are a couple of photos I forgot in our last post. Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Changbaishan Ho!Victoria and I left at 5am for the bus at the station down the road. It was in the same place as where we had performed for Christmas over a year before. It took us a bit to Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Today, I Must ChillI was finally able to sleep in. JC & I lazed around in the beautiful sunny day and met MB & BS at Die Backstube again for breakfast. Oh how I missed my special breakfasts at that place! Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- A noodle fist-bump couple of days!Yes!! It's Let's-Go-Hug-A-Panda Day!
The Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research
Foundation is located here. So you get yourself
signed up on the list, you get yourself a taxi over
there and you get yourself a seat next to Sa! But
get there early!
Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 6, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 1Friday 1st August
Our train journey from UB to Beijing was fairly uneventful, with the scenery consisting of hundreds and hundreds of miles of absolutely nothing as we travelled through the Gobi and across the border into China. And Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 6, 2014
- Stone Drum Town - on our way to Shangri-laOn our last day with Jack, he and our driver took us northwest of Lijiang to Shigu Town or Stone Drum Town, located on the First Bend of the Yangtze River. Yes this is the same river that we Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Reunion==06 July 2014==
Ok, one thing I didn’t miss about HUST is the beds….really hard but as in previous years I know I’ll get used to it.
Chinese buffet and noodle soup for breakfast – yup, we’re back at HUST.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/39 Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Catching up ........==03 August 2014==
Well, it’s been a little more than a month since we landed in Asia. There has been an abundance of highs with a low or two sprinkled in which has made me appreciate those highs so much Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Plan changeAs soon as I had booked the flights and tour guide for our Guilin trip, Rass and I both got sick. He, with daily fever episodes, and me, with general malaise that I am quite sure was Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Going to the Chapel and Han's Gonna Get Married!The trip to CGQ was planned so I could attend Hannah’s wedding…seeing everyone again was just a bonus. Most of the staff, and even some of my former Pre-IB C Class were in attendance…and as per usual, we were Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Visiting da Chun & My "Former" LifeI awoke on time and Tony the Taxi Man provided me a great minivan ride to the airport and I stopped by the China Southern Airlines Hotel on the way so I could drop off my big suitcases—each for India Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- The Madness BeginsWell, after so much stressing out trying to balance getting ready to go to all these places this summer, packing 3 separate cases (one carry-on, one medium and one large), getting my house in order for the summer and working Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Terracotta Warriors and a giant Buddha!We left Beijing and headed to Xian on the bullet train!
Even Superman would have trouble keeping up!...okay
maybe not...it's top speed was 314 km/hr. A 10 hour trip
is now a 4 hour trip. Nice!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/4FE5E6 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 4, 2014
- ARIA DI VACANZE!!!Come molti di voi già sanno, tra poche ore sarò di nuovo in Italia (in realtà tra poche ore ho il volo quindi tra UN PO' PIù di 'poche ore' sarò in Italia!!!!).
Evvivaaaaaaa vado in vacanzaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Io si, il blog non Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 3, 2014