- ASSONANZE Lo so, lo so è un casino di tempo che non scrivo e non è perché manca il materiale (anzi!) quello che manca è il tempo....
Vabbè direi che potrei scrivere delle 'pillole' di tanto in tanto così almeno voi avete Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Oct 29, 2015
- Le deuxieme camp - A Shangrila===Voici quelques photos en vrac du deuxieme camp d'été, à Shangrila, dans le sud de la Chine, près du Tibet. C'était très différent du premier camp car les élèves étaient plus agés et rentraient chez eux le soir. On Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Oct 27, 2015
- A Journey back to ChinaThe reason for this journey back to China emanated from Jill's grandfather, Andrew Gordon Wilson, who spent many years in China as part of a missionary near Guangzhou in the early part of the 20th century. A lot Posted by Jill Forster in China 2015 | Oct 27, 2015
- Week 14: China: Shanghai/Hangzhou/HuangshanWeek 14: China: Shanghai/Hangzhou/Huangshan
16th -22th October
Friday 16th oct
Near Narita, Japan: Breakfast and take photos, so hospitable.
Have worked out that in Japan all the dishes are in the centre of the table and you take small amounts and Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Oct 27, 2015
- Arse Cream, Lube and StravaCycling, like all sports, has its own terminology which to the uninitiated can at best sound unusual and, at worse, lead to raised eyebrows.
As we enjoyed a day off the bike in NanNing, a small city in Southern China of Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Oct 19, 2015
- WWII hits China - UpdateWe all bring our cultural heritage to which ever part of the world we travel. We are as often defined by where we come from, in the eyes of others well before they even get a chance to know and Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Oct 16, 2015
- The Discovery of a New SpeciesImagine that moment when it suddenly dawns on you. You may be the very first person to have made this discovery.
This plant or animal which you have been intently studying, watching for any particular points of similarity and difference between Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Oct 14, 2015
- A Pikachu in Hiroshima 2015We're back from our trip to Hiroshima, which means only one thing... A new Around The World With Pikachu video! You can view on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrrRaP0fMs
We had an amazing time in Hiroshima and have plenty to write about Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Oct 11, 2015
- Shanghai: A City of Chaos and Contrasts
The rain was monsoonal. It was as if the heavy steel grey clouds were water balloons and incisions had been made allowing the rain to thunder down to the cluttered earth. It’s a challenge navigating the hustle and Posted by IvaS in Shanghai | Oct 10, 2015
- 13. Serious security threat
Two flights, ten trains, and three boarder crossings thus far...we walked through metal detectors, were frisked, and passed our bags through the x-ray machines…not a problem!
Today was different. On the train ride to the Beijing airport, the x-ray t Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Sep 29, 2015
- What not to wear? Packing Tips for frugal TravelersPreparing is arduous.
I am using the same frameless backpack I took on my 89 day journey in 2012.
It qualifies as carry on and expands a bit if I check it coming home. In addition I have now Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Cheapskate Grandmas in China | Sep 26, 2015
- Kashgar -> TashkorganPlus de 300km de vélo au milieu de paysages magnifiques.
Départ de Kashgar (1400m), passage d'un col à 4000m, en s'arrêtant au lac Karakul (3200m), ainsi qu'une excursion à un glacier à 4600m.
Depuis Tashkorgan, nous avons du prendre un bus Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR A VELO | Sep 19, 2015
- KashgarNous voici au croisement des fameuses routes de la soie!
Les chinois ici sont à majorité musulmans, je ne pensais pas voir des rues avec des bâtiments de ce style en Chine!
Nous re Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR A VELO | Sep 19, 2015
- Irkeshtam -> KashgarAprès un voyage aller-retour, 4 jours d'attente à Osh, et 3h d'attente côté chinois on ne sait pas trop pourquoi car il n'y avait pas grand monde, nous avons enfin passé cette frontière.
Merci aux Australiens et à l'Irlandais de nous Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR A VELO | Sep 19, 2015
- Pingyao, Shanxi[center][/center]
We take the train from Xi'an, passing terraced fields, to the town! Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Cheapskate Grandmas in China | Nov 18, 2015
- LA MOSSA DELL'ALFIEREE' da un po' che mi riprometto di scrivere qualcosa in merito a come si cammina qui per strada, e finalmente mi sono decisa :)
Beh partiamo dal presupposto che NON e' SEMPLICE, ci vuole un po' di allenamento e[b] TANTA Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 16, 2015
- 6. The Great WallNo trip to China is complete without an adventure to the Great Wall. Traversing mountain tops, it is hard to believe that the total length of the wall is over 7000 km long (disputed).
We opted to hike the less frequently Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Sep 13, 2015
- Tian an men and the National Museum Yesterday we visited Tian an men and the National Museum! It was a really busy day. The square was full of people because the weather was gorgeous! We had cool breezes, blue skies, and a shining sun.
In the square Posted by VerityCCheslo in Traversing Through China | Sep 12, 2015
- BJ 80 Dorms :)Hey all,
I'm now in Beijing! I had a great orientation in Washington DC and a pretty smooth first week! My dorm mate is from Hong Kong. Her name is Mary. She is a gao er student so she's pretty busy Posted by VerityCCheslo in Traversing Through China | Sep 12, 2015
- Flying to China by the Seat of Our Pants or DIY TravelWe maybe should have booked the ten day tour through Travelzoo. It would have been cheaper. Instead we are forging ahead with our 27 day independant tour of China namely Shanghai, Zhangjiajie, Chengdu, X'ian and Beijing. Sights Posted by CherylGypsyRose in BeingGulliver in China | Sep 12, 2015
- Week 8 Southern China: Guangzau (old name: Canton)Week 8 Southern China: Guangzau (old name: Canton)
Thursday 3th-Thursday 10th September
We followed our noses through no mans land after checking out of Northern Vietnam. There was no one much around, certainly not a busy border post. No helpful Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Sep 11, 2015
- Exploring Qufu!Our first trip out of Jinan was to Qufu, pronounced Chufu. It's the home of Confucius, master philosopher and one of the most important historical figures in Chinese history. To make the journey we had to take one of China's Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Sep 10, 2015
- BeijingSo managed to negotiate the subway from the Airport to a point in space amazingly close to my hostel. This only required two line changes and my misunderstanding of clockwise versus anticlockwise. Incessant rain was the prevailing precipitation on offer. Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 7, 2015
- UN RIENTRO MOLTO....GUSTOSO!Sono ritornata in Cina da due settimane e subito in aeroporto sono stata 'accolta' da una GUSTOSA novità...
KFC la catena di fastfood americana ha messo sul mercato due nuove ricette DA NON PERDERE :) i muri sono tutti tappezzati con Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 30, 2015
- Furong Street and Black Tiger SpringOur next adventure took us into downtown Jinan. Gavin had been saying since we arrived that he wanted to eat and try some of the local street food, so we headed into the city in search of Furong Jie (street), Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 25, 2015