- Macau 澳门Booked the Singapore Airline Two-To-Fly promotions (SGD$240 each) for a 6-day trip to Hong Kong/Macau - Zhuhai - Macau - HK in May 2016.
[b]Reached HKIA first settle the ferry tickets to Macau Posted by Andrew Ng in My Travel Memories | Sep 5, 2016
- Guangzhou 广州Yide Lu (一德路)
Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
[img=http://photo Posted by Andrew Ng in My Travel Memories | Sep 4, 2016
- My new found besties at Guangzhou airportI met these lovely people getting off the plane in China. So instead of trying to fill in 7 1/2 hours, we drank and ate and solved the worlds problems! Casey is from the north shore going to London for Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Aug 31, 2016
- Chengdu 成都
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (成都双流国际机场)
Tianfu Square (天府广场)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Andrew Ng in My Travel Memories | Aug 29, 2016
- Von Hot-pot bis PekingenteEinmal Poulet süss-sauer, bitte! Oder scharf-süss? Oder doch sauer-scharf? Jegliche mitgebrachte Vorstellungen von chinesischem Essen sollte man in China so rasch wie möglich ablegen. Denn was bei uns als "chinesisch" auf den Tisch kommt, ist meist eine d Posted by b.visser in On the less ordinary road | Aug 29, 2016
- Singapore and BeijingSIngapore for the Asia Pacific Drilling Technology Conference and section meeting then Beijing for a Hydraulic Fracturing conference. The map:
I have b Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Aug 28, 2016
- Meditating my way along the Silk Route and Holy India.
I have attempted herein to combine my travels to historical places along the silk route along with my practice of meditation which melds seamlessly through wonderful places touched Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Aug 20, 2016
- Songpan und Jiuzhaigou
Songpan und Huanglong-Park
Für unseren zweiten Aufenthalt in Chengdu haben wir uns ein neues Guesthouse ausgesucht, dessen Name "Mrs. Panda" zum Glück ni Posted by b.visser in On the less ordinary road | Aug 20, 2016
- Kangding und Tagong
Nach gut zehn Tagen im tropischen Becken von Chengdu machen wir uns auf den Weg in Sichuans Westen. Hier beginnt der tibetische Kulturraum, der sich über mehrere Posted by b.visser in On the less ordinary road | Aug 8, 2016
- Travel how to quitting smoking weedLook, I'm not going to tell you why dope is bad for you or how smoking the green doesn't make you sound like Kierkegaard, because frankly, if you are reading this, you already know that. What you will learn, however, Posted by tonyzhang518 in Travel to get a healthy and happy life. | Aug 5, 2016
- Emei Shan, Leshan und Ya'an
Nach ein paar Tagen Grossstadt geht es nun raus in die Natur. Ganz in der Nähe von Chengdu befindet sich das Emei-Shan-Gebirge, wo einer der vier heiligen Posted by b.visser in On the less ordinary road | Aug 3, 2016
Es ist noch gar nicht so lange her seit unserem ersten Chinabesuch und schon sind wir wieder im Reich der Mitte angelangt. Unser erster Besuch an der Ostküste un Posted by b.visser in On the less ordinary road | Jul 23, 2016
- What I Have Lived ForThree passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward Posted by ambition in ambition | Jul 21, 2016
- 3 days Beijing
There is a possibility to get a free visa to Beijing (and some other Chines cities) for 72h while on transit. We decided to use this opportunity to explore a bit of Beijing for free before entering Canada.
On our Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 27, 2016
- On Leaving Beijing in a Most Undignified MannerI very much enjoyed my time in Beijing. In addition to [[http://dagosto.travellerspoint.com/48/|my afternoon at the National Museum of China]] and my walking explorations of Beijing neighborhoods and parks, I visited Tiananmen Square, the world’s largest Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 23, 2016
- On How I Accidently Snuck into the National Museum of ChinaI left Guangzhou last week and have spent the past four days in Beijing. My stint as a guest scholar at the university is over. Now I'm just a tourist -- another one of the tens of thousands of tourists Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 21, 2016
- On University Teaching (and Learning) in ChinaIt’s graduation week here at Sun Yat-sen University. This campus looks a lot like my own university campus back home in Philadelphia during graduation time, with students clad in black graduation gowns milling around campus, many carrying bouquets of flow Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 16, 2016
- On Window(less) Shopping in GuangzhouA few days after I arrived here in Guangzhou, the university closed for the three-day national Dragon Boat Festival holiday. I had planned to wake up early and head to the Pearl River to watch the dragon boat races. Unfortunately, Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 15, 2016
- ChinaOur third and final stop on our trip took us to Hong Kong. This is somewhere that my sister and I have always wanted to visit so we were very excited to get here. Also, our Uncle Tony is from Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Jun 14, 2016
- On Eating (and Not Eating) in ChinaI love food, Asian cuisines in particular, and in the months before my trip here I was especially excited about eating in China. Most of the food in Guangzhou has been excellent so far, but I’m finding it rather challenging Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 10, 2016
- On Lessons from a Foreign TravelerLesson #1: Cultural assumptions can leave you without much for lunch.
I’ve been in China for four days now. My university hosts have been taking me the around city each day, with campus tours, daytime walks, lavish dinners out, evening strolls Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 8, 2016
- On My First Evening in China; Trust & the Confused TouristMy first impression of Guangzhou, China, the city that is to be my home for the next two weeks is…NEON. I arrived at dusk on a hot, humid Sunday evening. Guangzhou is a huge, sprawling subtropical city, the third largest Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 6, 2016
- One Night in BeijingAfter visiting India and the Taj Mahal, the next world famous destination I simply had to get off my bucket list has to be the Great Wall of China. And after procrastinating for so long, often disappointed by lack of Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jun 5, 2016
- Our Trans-Mongolian Train Adventure Begins!Our 12 day Trans-Mongolia train trip from Beijing to Moscow stopping in Ulaanbaatar and Irkutsk starts today.
Easy morning as the train does not depart until 11.22 am but conscious of how crowded Beijing Trains Station could be we Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 29, 2016
- ChinaNext stop on our trip was Shanghai. I must admit, out of the three places that we were going to visit, I was least looking forward to Shanghai. There was not as much that I wanted to see and do Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 28, 2016