- ChinaOur third and final stop on our trip took us to Hong Kong. This is somewhere that my sister and I have always wanted to visit so we were very excited to get here. Also, our Uncle Tony is from Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Jun 14, 2016
- On Eating (and Not Eating) in ChinaI love food, Asian cuisines in particular, and in the months before my trip here I was especially excited about eating in China. Most of the food in Guangzhou has been excellent so far, but I’m finding it rather challenging Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 10, 2016
- On Lessons from a Foreign TravelerLesson #1: Cultural assumptions can leave you without much for lunch.
I’ve been in China for four days now. My university hosts have been taking me the around city each day, with campus tours, daytime walks, lavish dinners out, evening strolls Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 8, 2016
- On My First Evening in China; Trust & the Confused TouristMy first impression of Guangzhou, China, the city that is to be my home for the next two weeks is…NEON. I arrived at dusk on a hot, humid Sunday evening. Guangzhou is a huge, sprawling subtropical city, the third largest Posted by dagosto in Sabbatical 2016 -- Asian Summer | Jun 6, 2016
- One Night in BeijingAfter visiting India and the Taj Mahal, the next world famous destination I simply had to get off my bucket list has to be the Great Wall of China. And after procrastinating for so long, often disappointed by lack of Posted by acerchuan in Acerchuan Travel Blog | Jun 5, 2016
- Our Trans-Mongolian Train Adventure Begins!Our 12 day Trans-Mongolia train trip from Beijing to Moscow stopping in Ulaanbaatar and Irkutsk starts today.
Easy morning as the train does not depart until 11.22 am but conscious of how crowded Beijing Trains Station could be we Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 29, 2016
- ChinaNext stop on our trip was Shanghai. I must admit, out of the three places that we were going to visit, I was least looking forward to Shanghai. There was not as much that I wanted to see and do Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 28, 2016
- China Anyone that knows me knows that for me, it has been a dream for some time to get to China! I have always loved the thought of it, from the people to the food to that pretty big wall, it Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 27, 2016
- Our Feet touch the Great WallNormal wake up at dawn with a little apprehension about the tour we got onto at the last minute. Got to admit the internet for travelling is just fantastic to able to do research on the run and book Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 25, 2016
- Sunday in Beijing, the old and the new!Today is a big sightseeing day as tomorrow we go on the Great Wall trek and then its onto Ulaan Baatar. We tend to get up at dawn, say 5.30am and get ourselves organised and plan our day’s adventure. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 25, 2016
- Revisiting Beijing Time to visit some familiar sights.
Time to leave Xi An and head to Beijing. This will be interesting to see 20 years on and what has changed. All went well at the airport although we did have a few queues Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 23, 2016
- Terracotta Warriors, Banpo Village and defying deathWe started the day with breakfast as the locals do, cabbage and meatballs from a huge cauldron, likely bubbling away for years, for $2, delicious.
When I was in China 20 years ago I missed ou Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 22, 2016
- Journey into the Ancient Worlds Up to now we have had Huiliang and Angela look after us. Now it's just Jen and I to fend for ourselves. We need to be more careful, observant and struggle with the language. Saying that I have surprised Posted by jkerkin in Continental Drift | May 21, 2016
- Tiger Hill, Zhouzhuang Water Township and Farewell for nowAngela organised a car and driver for the whole day so thankfully a train trip back to Shanghai was avoided. First stop was Starbucks for a coffee and then onto Tiger Hill. Main attraction is the Yunyansi Pagoda, built Posted by jkerkin in Continental Drift | May 21, 2016
- Tall Buildings and the Venice of ChinaEarly start with a Chinese breakfast of wonton soup and dumplings and then off to the Shanghai World Financial (or as we know it "the bottle opener") look out at the 100 floor level. It rises up 474 m and Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 19, 2016
- Spectacular Shanghai!Start of our sight seeing adventures and after a sleep in, hotel buffet breakfast and got some money we got picked up by Jen's work colleague, Huiliang. Not quite sure what to expect, he took us to the Bund side Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 17, 2016
- Li JiangDay 1
Lugu Lake is about seven hours ride from Lijiang. It is one of the China's top inland lakes. Its two thirds are located in Sichuan Province, and a Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 15, 2016
- Li Jiang, ChinaLi Jiang is a prefecture-level city in the northwest of Yunnan province, China. Li Jiang is famous for its UNESCO Heritage Site, the Old Town of Li Jiang.
On July 11th, Chiang Mai International Airport to Li Jiang Airport.
The first voyage: Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 12, 2016
- March 31 - April 9, 2016RTW day 123 - West Australia
March 31 – April 2, 2016 Xian, China Terra-cotta Warriors
3/31 Arrived at the port in Xiamen, China, transferred to the airport and arrived in Xian, China. Posted by pointslj in Points/Chamberlin Around the world 2016 | May 5, 2016
- The rest of the Asian adventure...After a few eventful (or not so eventful) hours being stuck in Chinese Immigration we had to make a run for our gate as by the time we got through all the lines it was boarding - only to find Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Apr 30, 2016
- Bare necessitiesGood morning ya'll,
It's 06:54, and we're sitting in the Pu Dong airport in Shanghai, our final leg in China coming to an end. I've been wanting to write a blog for the last few days; however, it's been go, go, Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- Adventure Time in Asia!We decided it would be amazing to go and visit Morgans mum Moira who is currently living in Beijing as a teacher at Keystone Academy (a Chinese school with a US based curriculum) while we had the chance and before Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Apr 17, 2016
- Big BambooWent down to raft on the Li river today outside of yangshuo, it's the river and mountain formation found on the 20 yuan bill in China. Had ppl literally lining up for pictures with us. After the photo shoot one Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- #freedom30 🍾🍾🍾We've just arrived at, "The Wada hostel on the river". It's a sister hostel to the Wada we stayed in, in Guilin. We were handed keys to the top floor, with an incredible panoramic view of the mountains, and we're Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERINWhat happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? I'll tell you when we meet an immovable object. We are starting to feel just that, unstoppable. The more challenges we face, the harder we push. Sometimes things go horribly Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 14, 2016