- South West China (Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Xi'anGuangzhou (also known as Canton, and less commonly as Kwangchow) is the capital and largest city of Guangdong province in South China. Located on the Pearl River, about 120 km (75 mi) north-northwest of Hong Kong and 145 km (90 Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Northern China (Harbin)Harbin (help·info) is the capital and largest city of Heilongjiang province, People's Republic of China. Holding sub-provincial administrative status, Harbin has direct jurisdiction over 9 metropolitan districts, 2 county-level cities and 7 counties Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Southern China (Suzhou, Wuzhen, Hangzhou, Shanghai)Suzhou, formerly romanized as Soochow, is a major city in the southeast of Jiangsu Province in Eastern China, adjacent to Shanghai Municipality. It is a major economic centre and focal point of trade and commerce, and the second largest city Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- X FACTOR... la finaleE finalmente dopo mille episodi, il momento e' arrivato.
Tutto e' pronto....alle 18 comincia il party (che strano orario per una festa!).
Tavole imbandite per oltre 500 persone:
Si com Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 12, 2015
- X FACTOR... la generale Immancabile dopo tutto questo "po-pò" di organizzazione "LA" prova x eccellenza ovvero quella generale. Appuntamento dopo pranzo nel locale mensa con tanto di stereo, 4 microfoni, video proiettore, computer e chi più ne ha più ne metta :)
Si parte con Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 10, 2015
- Mt HuashanHaha I guess it really pays to do some research when planning stops....
I came across this site which recommended " Many people begin the climb at nighttime, in order to reach the East Peak by dawn. The darkness cloaks the Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Feb 7, 2015
- X FACTOR... la provaTornata dalle vacanze di Natale fervono i preparativi x l'imminente festa (manca ancora un mese ma fa niente!) per cui comincio a notare un certo fermento intorno a me (ventagli colorati, gonne di tulle, costumi vari...). Fin quando poi mi Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Feb 6, 2015
- Sichuan Opera
Later that night, we thought we'd take in the Sichuan Opera. After a fair bit of research yesterday and consulting people, we found one that was close enough to where we were staying. It was a Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 6, 2015
- tiny stepsWe need to prepare for the trip because a lot of the countries issue date specific visas but normally I really like to have no plan and improvise all the way. Now there is an itinerary where local laws and Posted by Vendrig in Our 2015 travel adventure | Feb 1, 2015
We woke up bright and early for an exciting day full of pandas! We slurped down our breakfast rice porridge and headed to the bus stop. No worries, we had directions written out in Chinese and Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 26, 2015
- "PASSEGGIANDO" IN BICICLETTA...#sabato #spesa #supermercato #cosestrambe #immancabili
Va bene il detto 'paese che vai, usanza che trovi' però qualcuno mi deve spiegare a cosa serve una bici del genere, con delle ruote così!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675506/67EC0983 Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jan 25, 2015
- PER RICOMINCIARECiao a tutti, buon annooooooo!!!!! Scusate la lunga assenza, ma ahime' il rientro non e' stato semplice...diciamo che ritornare ai ritmi del lavoro, della lingua e della Cina in generale mi ha un po' provato.
Vabe' bando alle ciance, cominciamo questo Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jan 23, 2015
- The heart of the city4 January 2015
A couple of weekends ago, following advice from a well known travel book, I visited one of the main tourist Hutongs in Beijing. To say I found it a little underwhelming after the hype I had read Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Jan 18, 2015
- Chengdu MuseumOur first full day in Chengdu, we ventured out to the Sichuan museum. It was much trickier to find with Google maps being blocked by the Chinese government, but luckily, two parking attendants and a random man who spoke English Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 14, 2015
- Another day in karst wonderland: Yanshuo
We had a few morning missions to complete in Yangshuo. Making breakfast was one of them, although we were met with a line of fellow travellers. Most seemed to be in their thirties and European Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 14, 2015
- Matters of Pollution30 December 2014
After almost 8 years in Wellington I was convinced the wind was my enemy; those bad hair days, being blown in the opposite direction to where I was walking, and of course those days of having to go Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Dec 30, 2014
- Do We Know It's Christmas?25 December 2014
As in my previous post Christmas morning was first spent at the Public Security Bureau (PSB) to apply for my residents permit so that I can stay in China. To be honest I wasn't really feeling at Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Dec 29, 2014
- Bureaucracy and more bureaucracy....25 December 2014
So, when I first got my visa I was told I had 30 days in which to apply for a residents permit. One of the local consular staff members at the Embassy was very helpful in facilitating Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Dec 29, 2014
- Yangtze A 4 day luxury cruise down the Yangtze River was definitely one way to get from Chongquing to Shanghai. Regarded as the lifeblood of China, the mighty Yangtze is bestowed with sheer gorges, mountain villages, and spectacular scenery.
[img=http://photos Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Dec 28, 2014
- Traffic Chaos13 December 2014
Well it is almost two weeks since I arrived in Beijing, and to be honest I still haven't ventured far from the Embassy area. Though it is a large area in itself it is hardly surprising. Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Dec 27, 2014
- First Impressions7 December 2014
What a week! I left NZ a week ago to come to Beijing, flying Air New Zealand via Hong Kong. So first a few thoughts on the flights. The Auckland to Hong Kong leg was Posted by Wendils in Kiwi in China | Dec 27, 2014
Arriving in Yangshuo wouldn't be complete without the standard terrifying bus ride, complete with horn blaring and ultra-aggressive driving. It didn't help that it was only a two lane road mos Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Dec 22, 2014
- Day 3This morning we checked out of the Shangri-La Hotel and visited the Song Shan Lake Factory and we're guided through the SMT (surface mount technology) production line where their circuit boards and optics are constructed and tested followed directly by Posted by kelly.mac in Huawei - China | Dec 10, 2014
- Day 4Checked out of Renaissance Hotel
Visited the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding where we saw Pandas and Red Pandas, saw our first spider there and birds flying around, up until then we hadn't seen a single fly or bug Posted by kelly.mac in Huawei - China | Dec 11, 2014
- Day 2Out of bed bright an early this morning, seem to be coping okay with the 5 hour time difference, woke up at what would be 8am in NZ, but managed to get back to sleep straight away so not a Posted by kelly.mac in Huawei - China | Dec 9, 2014