- China Anyone that knows me knows that for me, it has been a dream for some time to get to China! I have always loved the thought of it, from the people to the food to that pretty big wall, it Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | May 27, 2016
- Our Feet touch the Great WallNormal wake up at dawn with a little apprehension about the tour we got onto at the last minute. Got to admit the internet for travelling is just fantastic to able to do research on the run and book Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 25, 2016
- Sunday in Beijing, the old and the new!Today is a big sightseeing day as tomorrow we go on the Great Wall trek and then its onto Ulaan Baatar. We tend to get up at dawn, say 5.30am and get ourselves organised and plan our day’s adventure. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 25, 2016
- Revisiting Beijing Time to visit some familiar sights.
Time to leave Xi An and head to Beijing. This will be interesting to see 20 years on and what has changed. All went well at the airport although we did have a few queues Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 23, 2016
- Terracotta Warriors, Banpo Village and defying deathWe started the day with breakfast as the locals do, cabbage and meatballs from a huge cauldron, likely bubbling away for years, for $2, delicious.
When I was in China 20 years ago I missed ou Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 22, 2016
- Journey into the Ancient Worlds Up to now we have had Huiliang and Angela look after us. Now it's just Jen and I to fend for ourselves. We need to be more careful, observant and struggle with the language. Saying that I have surprised Posted by jkerkin in Continental Drift | May 21, 2016
- Tiger Hill, Zhouzhuang Water Township and Farewell for nowAngela organised a car and driver for the whole day so thankfully a train trip back to Shanghai was avoided. First stop was Starbucks for a coffee and then onto Tiger Hill. Main attraction is the Yunyansi Pagoda, built Posted by jkerkin in Continental Drift | May 21, 2016
- Tall Buildings and the Venice of ChinaEarly start with a Chinese breakfast of wonton soup and dumplings and then off to the Shanghai World Financial (or as we know it "the bottle opener") look out at the 100 floor level. It rises up 474 m and Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 19, 2016
- Spectacular Shanghai!Start of our sight seeing adventures and after a sleep in, hotel buffet breakfast and got some money we got picked up by Jen's work colleague, Huiliang. Not quite sure what to expect, he took us to the Bund side Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 17, 2016
- Li JiangDay 1
Lugu Lake is about seven hours ride from Lijiang. It is one of the China's top inland lakes. Its two thirds are located in Sichuan Province, and a Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 15, 2016
- Li Jiang, ChinaLi Jiang is a prefecture-level city in the northwest of Yunnan province, China. Li Jiang is famous for its UNESCO Heritage Site, the Old Town of Li Jiang.
On July 11th, Chiang Mai International Airport to Li Jiang Airport.
The first voyage: Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 12, 2016
- March 31 - April 9, 2016RTW day 123 - West Australia
March 31 – April 2, 2016 Xian, China Terra-cotta Warriors
3/31 Arrived at the port in Xiamen, China, transferred to the airport and arrived in Xian, China. Posted by pointslj in Points/Chamberlin Around the world 2016 | May 5, 2016
- The rest of the Asian adventure...After a few eventful (or not so eventful) hours being stuck in Chinese Immigration we had to make a run for our gate as by the time we got through all the lines it was boarding - only to find Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Apr 30, 2016
- Bare necessitiesGood morning ya'll,
It's 06:54, and we're sitting in the Pu Dong airport in Shanghai, our final leg in China coming to an end. I've been wanting to write a blog for the last few days; however, it's been go, go, Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- Adventure Time in Asia!We decided it would be amazing to go and visit Morgans mum Moira who is currently living in Beijing as a teacher at Keystone Academy (a Chinese school with a US based curriculum) while we had the chance and before Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Apr 17, 2016
- Big BambooWent down to raft on the Li river today outside of yangshuo, it's the river and mountain formation found on the 20 yuan bill in China. Had ppl literally lining up for pictures with us. After the photo shoot one Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- #freedom30 🍾🍾🍾We've just arrived at, "The Wada hostel on the river". It's a sister hostel to the Wada we stayed in, in Guilin. We were handed keys to the top floor, with an incredible panoramic view of the mountains, and we're Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERINWhat happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? I'll tell you when we meet an immovable object. We are starting to feel just that, unstoppable. The more challenges we face, the harder we push. Sometimes things go horribly Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 14, 2016
- Nǐ hǎo, Nǐ hǎo, Nǐ hǎo !!!Hey Ya'll !!
I just woke up from our one and only day in Guilin with a nice phone call from my Mama 😆 You know, you can live X amount of hours away from your family for 6 years Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 13, 2016
- Recover partitions 21 do do you know what attain register isThis guidance facts and techniques is utilised because of your computers windows based pc. Before long that you've got been using your pc, Hundreds tool installs along with others collections that are being exercised definitely will damaged your prized ma Posted by hannahcl in hannahclairelblog | Apr 13, 2016
- Squishy BananasHello everyone, we are off to Guilin right now which is in the province of Guanxi. We spent the night in Feng Huang which was a 4 hour bus ride from Avatars' Zhangjijie and we now have a 6 hour Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 12, 2016
- Truth be toldHey everyone !!
I should speak honestly about Zhangjiajie before we move on. I'm usually very open to other ways of living, believe it or not. I love travelling to foreign countries and immersing myself in new cultures.. this one Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 11, 2016
- The early bird works hard for the wormWe are in the infancy of this trip. If the trip were a child we would just be learning to walk. I'm getting used to life not in Canada, Erin however...not so much. She was mad at people spitting in Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 10, 2016
- April 5 - BEIJING, CHINADay 3
It’s the start of our third day in Beijing and looking out from our hotel in the morning it appears their smog is returning. We were fortunate to be here du Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 8, 2016
- Blue AliensHad an amazing past few days In xi'an. Did some festival partying w some cool ppl we met, some shopping yesterday, Erin biked on top of the city wall that stretches for 8 km high atop the city. I can't Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 7, 2016