- One of the world's most beautiful parksJiuzhaigou national park in northern Sichuan, China is one of the world's most beautiful national park. With pristine environments, crystal clear turquoise waters, deep blue skies, untouched ancient forests and towering mountains makes it a must visit for Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 30, 2015
- Smoggy China?When most people think of China, they picture a smoggy and gray sky. And they would be correct if they only visit larger cities, especially in the north. However, in more remote areas in the south and especially in the Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 29, 2015
- 最近的事 (Recent happenings)It's been a while since I posted; it's been a super busy week with writing an abstract that was due Monday, catching up on readings, finishing up our tours of the city as well as studying for my weekly exam Posted by ruixueinchina in Shanghai 2015 | May 29, 2015
- Shanghai Departure: May 18We packed our bags with our purchases and managed to fit them all in our luggage. Packing light to come to China turned out to be a great idea. We had another wonderful buffet breakfast at the hotel then boarded Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 18, 2015
- Shanghai: May 17We started our day with a bus ride to the Bund where we were free to walk the mile-long stretch along the Huangpu River and take in the two skylines: on the one side, all the new, modern buildings that Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 17, 2015
- Hangzhou-Shanghai May 16After another delicious buffet breakfast, we visited Jingci Temple. Joe Ying, our guide who is Buddhist, led this tour. He explained the purpose of the different areas of the temple and details about the statues of Buddha, his guards, Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 16, 2015
- Wuxi to Hangzhou: May 15The first stop this morning in Wuxi was the tour of the largest pearl exhibition in China at the Wuxi Yuan Run Ju Pearl Co. We were shown a fresh water oyster (triangular in shape) and then they opened it Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 15, 2015
- Suzhou-Wuxi: May 14We woke early this morning in Suzhou and since we were on the 21st floor I was able to take some nice city view pictures. We were able to get everything packed quickly which left us some extra time. Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 14, 2015
- Beijing-ShanghaiToday began with a 4:00 am wake up call. We were on the bus by 5:00 am and on our flight to Shanghai (the financial centre of China) by 7:00 am. It was a two hour flight and included Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 13, 2015
- BeijingBeijing: May 12
On the bus at 8:00 am.to go to the Temple of Heaven where, in the time of the Ming and Qing dynasties, the Emperor went four times a year (each season ) to worship heaven and to offer Posted by jkroetsch in China | May 12, 2015
- Travel SoloWhy should you travel solo? You get to talk to and bond with some pretty amazing individuals along the way whom you almost wouldn't talk to if you were traveling in a group.
When you travel in a group, you Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 28, 2015
- Small Eats小炒, or small stir fried dishes, are very popular places for quick and simple meals in China. Similar to dishes you would see in American Chinese restaurants (sorry, no sweet and sour chicken or broccoli of any kind), there are Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 27, 2015
- RETURN TO DHARCHEN
Thank you for all thoughts and prayers, especially during our pilgrimage at sacred Mt Kailash. We are safely back in Dharchen ... where the post-trek hot shower felt great and a local Chi Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | May 27, 2015
- AwwwGiant pandas are very cute...
I was going to write more but men have a hard time to use their cognitive skills when looking at cute things. I wonder why we evolved this way?
Awww.. just look at that cute thing...
[img=http://www.boyang.ph Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 26, 2015
- In Search of the Tomb of Songtsang Gompa, Tsetang, Tibet
The spread of Buddhism in Asia, first through the Silk Route to China and Japan and by Buddhist Emperors of India to SE Asia, who sent missionaries by trading ships, are fascinating subjec Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | May 25, 2015
- An ordinary watchtowerThis may look like an ordinary watchtower, but by now, you probably guessed it holds some historical significance, and you would be right =).
This is the site of more than 36 years of fierce battle between the invading Mongol army Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 25, 2015
- RI-POSTO UNA FOTO Riposto una foto e capite tutto :)
Dove me ne vado stavolta???? ;) Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 24, 2015
- The self imageSo I was talking to a local Chinese girl the other day and we were talking about body image. There are not much difference between the east and the west, both have been driven by the unattainable body images marketed Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 24, 2015
- 24th May The hotel is situated in an alley way in old Beijing close to Tianamin Square and Forbidden City which I visited today. All very grand and opulent. Nice food stalls around the hotel. Nearly bought a bottle of cheap Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 24, 2015
- MAY 24, 2015It is surprising that we have wifi today and we may not have it again until we are back in Lhasa on May 31.
We have arrived in Darchen after first glimpses of Mt Kailash yesterday.
Tomorrow we begin our circumambulation Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | May 27, 2015
- Free Door!!With the rise of consumerism, Chinese people love a good deal, especially if it is free. Even if this bus is missing some safety features like seat belts, the free door makes up more than enough for it.
[img=http://www.boyang.photography/photos/i-QzmGQ Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 23, 2015
- 22nd MayCommunications getting bad. Voice calls are blocked and can't use WiFi because I have to go through some Chinese portal which takes me a day to figure out. Still limited now but it's good enough.
Up early. This time the Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 22, 2015
- 21st MayLeft hotel early in case taxi driver got lost which he did. The travel agent took me by taxi to the bus pick up slightly outside Hanoi where I was issued a ticket for the bus. So easy haha. Much Posted by krautabout in Rainer's trip to Europe by train(almost) | May 22, 2015
- Reason not to marry a photographer?We will go to great lengths and sometimes take great risks just to take a photo. Those who are prone to jealousy may think we love our hobbies/professions more than themselves, and sometimes that is the case.
This was about Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 22, 2015
- 上海的美国菜 (Shanghai's American Food)So this is gonna be a different kind of post. I'm not gonna talk about what I did the past two days because nothing exciting happened and I don't want to bore you. So instead, I'm gonna talk about the Posted by ruixueinchina in Shanghai 2015 | May 22, 2015