- Getting Shanghai'dWow, this is a big fast paced place. Trying to take it in after an overnight flight from Auckland, has been trying. The hardest part has been trying to find vegetarian food for Ashley. It seems every dish has some Posted by Scatman in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 4, 2013
- Xiao Long Bao 小笼包We all know the real reason we spent our vacation in Shanghai. FOOD.
And the dish Shanghai is currently most famous for is xiao long bao, known in the US as soup dumplings. It doesn't matter that Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Nov 3, 2013
- The Color RunA while ago, Jayne and I decided to sign up for the Color Run to have some motivation for go running every day. The Color Run is a 5 kilometer run which celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality, and giving back to Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Nov 3, 2013
- Trip to Xian for the National Day holiday...[center]So the journey began with a taxi to the train station; a taxi that should have cost about 10-15 yuan (£1-1.50) but because it was the National Day holiday and because we're white, we were told it would cost 30 Posted by Lady Mantle in Off to China | Nov 2, 2013
- NFL Cheer ClinicThis year I coordinated two cheerleading events with NFL China. Four New England Patriots Cheerleaders came out to China to host cheerleading clinics!
1 - A clinic on the Shanghai Stadium field after a touch football game and before a local Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Oct 27, 2013
- Saturday 2nd November, Shanghai All Day on our ownJoyce left us at the hotel after our really lovely afternoon in the French concession and we managed to enjoy the Andaz's great facilities for a few hours; swam, sauna'd, free drinks - it is a great hotel to stay Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 2, 2013
- Beijing... Brrrr!
Well, I definitely was not prepared for the cold climate of Beijing!! I knew it would be cold, but freezing temperatures like that of a December morning in the UK I was n Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Nov 1, 2013
- Lake Tahoe EastLonging for Picturesque? Take a look here! Hángzhōu was very pretty for the 48 hours we were in it! (10/26 until my dad's birthday on 10/28)
It is a tiny city outside Shanghai (to be blogged about later), giving a respite Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Nov 1, 2013
- Friday 1st November, Xi'an to ShanghaiWe stuck to the plan of eating close to the hotel, despite the fact that the more interesting restaurants were in the old town, bearing in mind that we had to wake up at 5am for the transfer to Xian Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Nov 1, 2013
- Morning ExerciseEvery morning at 9.10 am it is time for morning exercise in school. It lasts for about 15 minutes, and all the students in primay school participates. It is very structured, with the students marching in to the football field Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 31, 2013
- Giant Rubber Duck > Summer Palace?You heard me right people! Giant rubber ducks are invading the world with their universal message of happiness. It is amazing how putting these things in tourist attractions all over the world has caused the number of daily visitors to Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 31, 2013
- Thursday 31st October: Halloween in the West, Xi an and TerrSo, after a busy day of sightseeing in Beijing, we rested up in the Hans courtyard hotel before being collected and taken to Beijing West station for the overnight sleeper to Xian. I must say I was sad to Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 31, 2013
- Chinese FoodEveryone thinks of Chinese food as basically what you would get in any restaurant in the U.S. I knew that I wasn't going to be eating all fortune cookies and lo mein for a year, but I definitely wasn't Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Oct 30, 2013
- Wednesday 30 October - last day in BJLast night's dinner: eventful and memorable!
Da Dong is one of the top BJ restaurants known for Peking Duck. He now has 3 and we went to his most recent opening in the Jin bao shopping centre (think Istanbul x10 Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 30, 2013
- China!So I got my dates mixed up and thought we had a few more days left in Tokyo. Our host at our guest house, Fenny, (another airbnb pick!) reminded us when we got back at around 8 pm Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Oct 29, 2013
- Tuesday 29th October: major sightseeingAfter our great Da Li courtyard dinner we had a reasonable night considering the jet lag and a good Chinese breakfast: watery porridge, veg and omelette. Collected by our driver and young guide David at 8.30am for the 40min trip Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 29, 2013
- Monday BluesDet er noe med gleden av å kunne jogge ute i shorts og t-skjorte som gjør at treningsiveren min har blitt mye større alle tre gangene jeg har bodd i utlandet. Til nå har min daglige lille halvtime i parken Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 28, 2013
- First Day in BeijingGood BA flight to Beijing, even good food, which was a surprise. Not such a great range of films, as you can see from my choice: Star Trek, Edge of Darkness (or something like that..... it was actually Posted by JennyKFE2013 in Far East 2013 | Oct 28, 2013
- Chinese National DayIt seems like every other week there’s some sort of holiday, activity, or field trip (although we almost always have to make up for them by going to school on Saturday or Sunday). October 1st was Chinese National Day, and Posted by ccole in The Year Between | Oct 26, 2013
- Baiyun MountainHello!
It's been a while.
Before I forget: If you're subscribing and don't get the e-mails anymore, check your spam folder, and mark the e-mails as not spam. That should solve the problem. If you're not yet subscribing; do it if you Posted by martinemaui in Maui's China Adventure | Oct 26, 2013
- Mount Éméi Shān An overnight train, a lift from some guy that worked for the UN, and multiple near death experiences on a bus with serious defects finally saw us arrive at our forested mountain destination of Éméi Shān. Emma was so excited Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Oct 26, 2013
- Shaolin - The Home of Kung Fu! We spent one night in Shaolin, which is a small town with lots of Chinese culture! When we arrived we visited an orphanage a short walk from the hotel. The children are all either orphaned or have families too poor Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- Chengdu & Xian!
Leaving Yangshuo we moved on to Chengdu - the home of the Panda Sanctuary!! Ben and I had really been looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint! The Pandas were amazing, I could have sat Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- On To Yangshuo! The last couple of days we have been based in Yangshuo - the first of our stops in mainland China! It is such a beautiful place with meandering rivers and beautiful karst Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Oct 25, 2013
- Culture FoodFirst thing, I did very well on my midterm despite my busy week! I must admit that my listening capability needs some work. This whole last week has been experiencing culture, beginning with Beijing University's International Cultural Festival. The festiv Posted by ZhuLiangYingbo in ”北京欢迎你!“ -Jackie Chan | Oct 25, 2013