- Chengdu to BeijingTamara and Ami headed back home today and I headed to Beijing. It was sad and I miss them already.
So one of the simple joys I get now in China is being able to go on a Western toilet. Chengdu Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 10, 2014
- PANDASAs the tour has now come to a close, it is funny how entertaining the people on this tour were. Each person had a unique hilarious quality about them. There were couples that saw their own children in Tamara, Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 9, 2014
- Mount Emei and ChengduHappy International Women's Day!!! Apparently, China is one of the few countries that makes this a national holiday. Good job, China!
Today, we headed to a Jade "Factory". I was instructed not to buy any jade so this was a Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 8, 2014
- Huanglong village and Leshan BuddhaToday started off with one of the best meals we had thus far......cup o noodles that Tamara and Ami brought for breakfast. Haha. Then we proceeded to leave our disgusting hotel for a long bus ride back to civilization and Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 7, 2014
- Frozen Peddler ParadiseIt's funny how industrialization is both a gift and a curse. The Tibetan people still try to give this illusion that they have been unaffected by the tourism that travels through here but you see it in the down jackets Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 6, 2014
- Jinzhai Valley National Park[It's easy to appreciate how much I have in the states when I see the desolation and poverty around Jiuzhaigou. You forget how luxurious your life actually is compared to the rest of the world. ]
Jiuzhaigou derives its name Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 5, 2014
- Ride to JiuzhaigouJello from almost 10,000 feet above sea level! As I write this, I am slowly realizing how tired and kinda lightheaded I feel......Today, we were not anticipating the 11 hour bus ride we had to endure. It was a long Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 4, 2014
- ABCI'm currently sitting in Beijing international airport waiting for my connecting flight to Chengdu. That's what immigrant patients must feel like. I will just point at the thing I want or make gestures or say words and hope it means Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 3, 2014
- Xin nian kuai leBecause I am the proud author of a blog- I find it mandatory to do an entry about the New Year. I must mention I am not referring to the Chinese New year, instead the one that occurs on December Posted by MissMaggieMae in Wonderlust | Mar 1, 2014
- Only in ChinaAfter I got home from Chinese New Year, my apt was FREEEEZING!! Although my roomie and I had called our agent multiple times to report our broken heaters, in November, nothing has been done! Finally she responded to our Posted by mosberger in Ni Hao | Feb 13, 2014
- Bridge Over the River QuietFeb 7th
By the time Jack appears in the hotel lobby at 0900 I am armed with luggage and ready to embark on our overnight journey deeper into Sichuan county. The sky hangs low and grey, indeterminate as to fog or Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Girls Just Wanna Have Yuan | Feb 24, 2014
- SHANGHAI, CHINA – DAY 2
Here is the Pundong section of the city with its unforgettable skyline- (Sorry to be so brief. We are still playing catch-up in our posts after so many ports and the Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 24, 2014
- SHANGHAI (SUZHOU), CHINA – DAY 1
Shanghai was our only stop in mainland China. We were in port for two full days. The costly visa, tight security and legendary bureaucracy we experienced were worth Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Feb 24, 2014
- Countdown to China!We've taken the plunge to travel as a family to the "non-tropical" destination of China! Can't wait for this cultural experience to begin! The biggest hurdle in the booking so far has been the very detailed application for our Chinese Posted by Toal in Toal Family Trip | Feb 22, 2014
- I’m ferry bored of this shipToday was the day that we set foot on dry land once again after two days aboard the ghost ship that was the ferry from Japan to China. There are no words to describe how joyous an occasion the Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Oct 25, 2012
- Yunnan (云南）So, as I’m about to embark on some more vacations, I better write about the AFS trip to Yunnan before I forget.
Our trip to Yunnan started at 8 am on December 15th. My host family said that Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Feb 16, 2014
- Some Like It HotpotFeb 6th
The "Women and Songs"-heads having dispersed at some point overnight, I find a blissful silence on waking at 0600. My guide Jack is set to arrive at 0830 for pickup, leaving me to busy myself for a few Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Girls Just Wanna Have Yuan | Feb 12, 2014
- Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio (Suite)Feb 4th-5th
Sinitta's greatest hits strain the limits of both speakers and credibility, blaring from my phone at the chosen 0500, drawing me up from bed in a single spring. Moving with purpose, I put the final touches on packing and Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Girls Just Wanna Have Yuan | Feb 8, 2014
- China City impression nanjing[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/656920/n2.jpg caption=n2 Posted by solomonchina in China impression | Feb 7, 2014
- When Things Don't Go RightHarbin, December 28th 2013
My taxi driver dropped me right in front of Zhaolin Park's gate. Unfortunately, it wasn't the entrance gate. Thus I had to walk half way round the park.
A lo Posted by automidori in Beauty and the Freeze | Feb 6, 2014
- Living in Shanghai - 5 months later - first entry ;)After living in Shanghai, China for 5 months now I have finally decided to do a blog. Many of the other expats I have meet have keep them and I thoroughly enjoyed reading theirs, so I figured it was my Posted by Kayla.dominelli in Year in Shanghai | Feb 6, 2014
- 20 years from now..“Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the Posted by ajshanghai in News from Shanghai | Feb 4, 2014
- Shentangyu and the Great WallWent on a walk yesterday with a group called Beijing Hikers. It was about 65 km from Beijing, up in the mountains. Weather wasn't too good, very overcast, but it was nice to get out of the city. Posted by jvc in 3 months in China | Feb 1, 2014
- Welcoming the Year of the Horse
This is certainly something to blog home about...
Last night I was curled up on my sofa watching a movie, almost content with the idea of staying in the for the Chinese New Year. My movi Posted by pschief1 in Schiefen@Beijing | Jan 30, 2014
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain & Tiger Leaping GorgeJade Dragon Snow Mountain
Created by the director of such classics as 'A Woman, a Gun, and a Noodle Shop', and staged right under the spectacular Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Impression Lijiang is an outdoor performance involving over 500 loc Posted by 2 Idiots Abroad in 2 Idiots Abroad | Jan 30, 2014