- Yangstze Cruise - FengduAfter a reasonably restful night we woke to find our boat berthed at Fengdu. We were treated to a 7am wakeup with breakfast at 7.30. At 8.30 we left the ship, walking over what used to be a village area. Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 22, 2014
- Zhongshan ParkOur first morning in Shanghai seemed like a fine time to check out the park across the street. We were not disappointed. Even at 8am, there were many people enjoying the park—exercising, walking, gathering in groups to do Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- How to embarrass your kidsThe boys got kicked out of the pool for the second time. Several Chinese men came out to the pool deck and told the boys (lots of gesturing) that they need swim caps. :0) It is the law, Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- Learning to cross the streetForget the advice of “Look both ways” that you learned. Here, the rule should be “Expect foot/bike/scooter/car/bus traffic coming at you from all directions”. We wait for a go-ahead light at the corner, amassed with anyone Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- QUESTIONE DI POLLICE....Vi avevo già detto delle VARIE cose che si possono trovare in ufficio, vero?
Intendo dire, oltre a scrivanie, sedie, penne, computer ecc che sono le cose fondamentali, ce ne sono altre altrettanto importanti che qui non possono e non devono Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 20, 2014
- Friday afternoon6/21/14
We began our walk to go check out Dad’s (old) office. In two weeks, they are moving to the new office, which is the project dh is overseeing. It is the first Living Building Challenge in Asia, which Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- ACQUA DA TUTTE LE PARTI!!!Vi ho gia' accennato dei super-mega centri commerciali che ci sono qui, uno ogni angolo, grandi, immensi, pieni di roba, pieni di negozi e...pieni d'ACQUA!
Si perche' a quanto pare qui un centro commerciale non e' sufficientemente 'fico' se non ha Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 17, 2014
- Chengdu - DazuThis morning we had a sleep in until 7am. Bags were collected at 7.30 and, after enjoying the final sumptuous breakfast at the Coffee Z, Shangrila, we made our way to the Chengdu tea house to play mahjong. In China, Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 16, 2014
- Chengdu – Panda Research Centre – Sichuan Hot Pot – Buddist Life for some people is difficult but for some, life is a breeze. Today was one of those days. Having woken up at 7am we looked out the window of the 24th floor. It was not all beauty as the Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 15, 2014
- Don’t mess with the Xi’anOur train journey from Shanghai to Xi’an was definitely a lot more exciting than our other train journeys. This train had open cabins so there was nothing separating the beds from the corridor, which meant that we were able Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 4, 2012
- Yangshou - Guilin - ChengduNing had told us that the Green Lotus Hotel was not up to our standard but we found the hard Chinese beds (2 queen joined together) quite conducive to sleep. We slept until the courtesy wake up call at 7am. Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Guilin - YangshouThis morning we had a delightful breakfast at the Shangri-La Hotel. Departure for the Li River was at 8.30. The streets of Guilin tell the story of life here with food stalls and motor bikes everywhere. Traffic was heavy as Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Xian - GuilinThis morning was an early rise so as to catch the plane to Guilin. It’s an hour’s drive to the airport that actually took a bit longer due to traffic chaos so we had very little time to get through Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- XianToday was the second day I had been waiting for – our visit to the terracotta warriors. The museum was located around 90 minutes from Xian. Ross had actually seen a mound as we flew in and it was Emperor Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Beijing to XianOur transfer to the airport went smoothly. Security is very strict so we had to have a full body search. Ning had done all our seating allocation. The view from the plane as we flew in was amazing. China has Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Beijing - Temple of Heaven and Summer PalaceThis morning we were off to the Temple of Heaven. We left early hoping to beat the crowd. The temple itself is built out of wood. It has burnt down from lightning strikes but they have continued to build it Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Beijing - The Great Wall of ChinaNing, our guide, had us on the bus by 8.30 to climb the Great Wall of China. We drove out into the country passed farms and high rise apartments for about 90 minutes until we reached the mountainous area of Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 14, 2014
- Beijing - Tianamen Square - Forbidden City - HutongIt’s Ross’ birthday today. It’s not often you get a birthday present like this – a drive through the streets of Beijing to the historic site of Tiananmen Square, the largest square in the world. Our first view of Maoting Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 13, 2014
- Hong Kong to BeijingAfter an early rise we tried to fit breakfast in but decided to take the 6.30 bus shuttle to the airport. When we checked in with Cathy Pacific, we found that I was supposed to go on line and confirm Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 13, 2014
- On The Way to Work!Per chi non lo sapesse, il mio appartamento non e' molto distante dall'ufficio per cui vado a piedi. Di solito impiego circa 20 minuti [i](camminando a passo non troppo spedito ma normale per non arrivare in ufficio in un bagno Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 12, 2014
- China:lanterns, warriors&pandas/ Cina:lampiony, vojaci&pandy
Beijing left us with a sweet tooth for more excitement, and there are loads of things to see in Posted by zuzana.zav in Are we there yet? | Jun 11, 2014
- Day one and already 12 years behindWell, most blogs seem to be perpetually behind on their updates but I'm already 12 years behind.
There isn't really a photo to go w/ this post, so here's a pic from our trip last summer.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/683374/large_1073858_10.. Posted by BBates24 in The Bates Dynasty* | Jun 11, 2014
- BEIJINGTerzo giorno a Beijing, terzo Atto, terzo racconto ma prima!!!!! Una chicca :)
Ecco un link per coloro che mi seguono dal primo atto :) Pochi secondi però direi Q.B.!
Allora dicevo, terzo atto, terzo giorn Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Jun 1, 2014
- BEIJING Il secondo giorno comincia alle 7.00, così: con una 'buona' tazza di caffè in polvere mescolato in acqua semitiepida in cui ovviamente è rimasto a galleggiare…
…ovviamente non l'ho bevuto!! Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 31, 2014
- BEIJINGEd eccomi qua, di ritorno dalla capitale!
E' stato davvero un bel viaggio e ci sono tante cose che vorrei raccontarvi però spero anche di non annoiarvi per cui dividerò il mio 'poema' in tre parti ovvero in giorni (quelli che Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | May 30, 2014