- KARA OK!!So after a long day of touristy things it was time to unwind. The girls got ready and then we headed up to the lounge/bar on the top of the boat. We were excited as we'd seen the Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 9, 2012
- SCENE DA UN MATRIMONIOLa scorsa settimana sono stata invitata al mio primo matrimonio cinese (un'esperienza unica e molto emozionante!).
E così oggi, dopo un po' di giorni di assenza (scusate ma ero in Corea a festeggiare il mio compleanno :) ) farò un bel Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Oct 10, 2014
- Magical times traveling - now in YunnanBeing in new and unfamiliar places makes even something as simple as a trip to buy groceries or catching public transport a quest. It’s a theme I’ve been thinking about recently since I’ve been living out of a suitcase Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Oct 8, 2014
- China 2014After leaving our Yangste a River boat we boarded the train in Yichang. 7 hours on a Chinese train in soft seat should not be too bad, seated in a big chair with foot rest and plenty of leg room. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Oct 6, 2014
- Wow that's a pretty big wallSat in my second hostel in shanghai after a few very busy days...let me fill you in
Had an early start on the 2nd after another pretty good night's sleep but it was totally worth it as I was visiting the Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Oct 4, 2014
- Last days - then home!This final entry is being added somewhat tardily from the comfort of suburban Jindalee.
For our penultimate day in Beijing we were left to our own devices. This was probably a good thing as we were both feeling a Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Oct 4, 2014
- ChongqingThe bus drove us through even more terraced rice paddies. I was seated in the bus behind a lady who managed to open the window that was shared with me, to throw up quite substantially, while riding, and to close Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 20, 2014
- Greetings from Guizhou!
Greetings again from Guizhou! It's been about a year and half since I was last here, and now I’m sitting in my paternal grandma’s house drinking milk tea and listening to my aunties talking and playing mahjong. Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Oct 2, 2014
- Dag 34 - ShanghaiSå, nu har jag tillslut tagit mig hela vägen från Istanbul till Peking med hjälp av tåg och buss, sen flugit ner till Shanghai. På väg från Kazakhstan till Kina gjordes ett kortare stopp i en lite by som heter Posted by mattholm in Wanderlust King | Oct 2, 2014
- A rainy BeijingFlights were ok, just sat and watched films and TV, was very happy to watch New Girl tho! Found myself being really jealous of the people who had the 3 seater windows seats to themselves tho as prob got 3 Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Oct 1, 2014
- A chill wind at the Summer Palace, the Forbidding CityThe problem with having an inward facing room, is that you are not really sure what to expect when you go outside. Encouraged by yesterday's glorious weather and a two-day-old weather forecast, I went out to face the day Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 30, 2014
- China 2014Having settled ourselves into our VIP suites on Yangste Gold Boat No. 7, Dick, Cindi and I convene on our cabin balcony and open a bottle of wine to celebrate our good fortune. It had been a stressful check-in, and Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 30, 2014
- Hitting the WallAfter an early breakfast which included an eclectic mix of East and West, we waited with the rest of our small tour group for our pickup. There were two other couples from Australia, one from Perth and one from Adelaide. Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 29, 2014
- China Escaping the typhoon we headed South on a bus to the most southerly point of China, this is Sanya on Hainan Island. We travelled down the East coast, the scenery getting more and more tropical the further south we went. Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 29, 2014
- OFFERTE SPECIALI!Anche qui, come in ogni parte del mondo ci sono le OFFERTE SPECIALI al supermercato :) io di solito sono abituata ad avere la casa invasa da pacchi di carta igienica ("serve sempre" dicono le zie!), rotoloni scottex ([i]si perchè Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 28, 2014
- CHE "FANTASTICO" PORTACHIAVI!Oggi giro 'turistico' (si fa per dire) in sample room, tra tessuti, modellisti, sarti ecc. immancabile la ricerca di tessuti nella sterminata vastità del magazzino (scaffali stra bordanti e quintali di acari inclusi nel prezzo) alla ricerca dell'im Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 24, 2014
- Beijing for Starters20th-22nd July
My sandal breaks down on exiting the station at Dongzhi men.
No sandals of my size were available in the nearby department stores, so I bought a one euro pair of plastic flip-flops. My heels exceeded the to Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Aug 26, 2014
- Beijing for Dessert15th August
We visited the Belgian Embassy (stayed at the gate, saluting Tintin) and the embassies area, after having recovered our bicycle at the office, having watched Mrs Wang and 5 other card players at 'shengji'in the office, and having Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 22, 2014
- Chengde16th August
Next early morning a driver from Changchun came to get us in Mr Sun’s car and drove us to Chengde.
As he was using a GPS, I exhausted the driver by asking him every time I couldn’t exactly catch the Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 22, 2014
- Peking, Teil 1Unser Aufenthalt in Peking erfolgte während zweimal drei Tagen. Ich fasse mich im Folgenden kurz und berücksichtige für einmal diejenigen Besucher unseres Blogs, die lieber Fotos anschauen als Texte lesen. Bei unserem ersten Aufenthalt haben wir vor allem Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Sep 22, 2014
- WuhanWe were not quite sure in what station exactly we were going to arrive, nor if that station would be conveniently located for the airport where our plane would leave next early morning, or close to the centre..
We finally Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 21, 2014
- PURPLE MOUNTAINIeri mattina sveglia (non all'alba!), guardo dalla finestra e una cosa sorprendente mi colpisce: c'è il SOLE e il cielo è BLU!!!!! MERAVIGLIA!!!!!!!!
Suona triste come cosa però purtroppo a Nanjing non capita così spesso di VEDERE IL Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 21, 2014
- YangziKiang 11th-14th August
Cruise on the Yangzi Kiang
In spite of his shabbiness, our boat moved swiftly over the wide river. And quietly: no engin noise in our cabin. But the unpleasant surprise came from the evidence that there was no place on Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 21, 2014
As I start to write this story of our time in Zhanjiang we end this part of our trip marooned. The wind is whipping the windows and the rain smashes onto the street outside. With sandbags in place, the hotel Posted by Kashford in Wandering Around | Sep 20, 2014
- Zigong8th-9th August
The train took us from Chengdu to Zigong. Zigong boasts a few curiosities that attracted us: - the salt museum and the salt well, as well as its teahouses. It is also home to the best price-quality hotel Posted by Pat2014 in Dad and Son in China | Sep 20, 2014