- Summer Camp==07 July 2014 – 23 July 2014==
===HUST Summer Camp===
This year’s HUST Conversation English Classes with TFF (aka Summer Camp) was three weeks of great fun.
Brenda Rubacha and I, were again teaching partners – by design. Our feeling, when somethi Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 8, 2014
- Longji rice terraces - Dazhai[img= Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 7, 2014
- Tiger Leaping Gorge and Shangri-laHi again! So here is the second half of our journey from Lijiang to Shangri-la, in northern Yunnan Province. Before we leave the Stone Drum Town here are a couple of photos I forgot in our last post. Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Changbaishan Ho!Victoria and I left at 5am for the bus at the station down the road. It was in the same place as where we had performed for Christmas over a year before. It took us a bit to Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Today, I Must ChillI was finally able to sleep in. JC & I lazed around in the beautiful sunny day and met MB & BS at Die Backstube again for breakfast. Oh how I missed my special breakfasts at that place! Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- A noodle fist-bump couple of days!Yes!! It's Let's-Go-Hug-A-Panda Day!
The Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research
Foundation is located here. So you get yourself
signed up on the list, you get yourself a taxi over
there and you get yourself a seat next to Sa! But
get there early!
Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 6, 2014
- Beijing Bedlam - Part 1Friday 1st August
Our train journey from UB to Beijing was fairly uneventful, with the scenery consisting of hundreds and hundreds of miles of absolutely nothing as we travelled through the Gobi and across the border into China. And Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Aug 6, 2014
- Stone Drum Town - on our way to Shangri-laOn our last day with Jack, he and our driver took us northwest of Lijiang to Shigu Town or Stone Drum Town, located on the First Bend of the Yangtze River. Yes this is the same river that we Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Reunion==06 July 2014==
Ok, one thing I didn’t miss about HUST is the beds….really hard but as in previous years I know I’ll get used to it.
Chinese buffet and noodle soup for breakfast – yup, we’re back at HUST.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/39 Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Catching up ........==03 August 2014==
Well, it’s been a little more than a month since we landed in Asia. There has been an abundance of highs with a low or two sprinkled in which has made me appreciate those highs so much Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Aug 4, 2014
- Plan changeAs soon as I had booked the flights and tour guide for our Guilin trip, Rass and I both got sick. He, with daily fever episodes, and me, with general malaise that I am quite sure was Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Going to the Chapel and Han's Gonna Get Married!The trip to CGQ was planned so I could attend Hannah’s wedding…seeing everyone again was just a bonus. Most of the staff, and even some of my former Pre-IB C Class were in attendance…and as per usual, we were Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Visiting da Chun & My "Former" LifeI awoke on time and Tony the Taxi Man provided me a great minivan ride to the airport and I stopped by the China Southern Airlines Hotel on the way so I could drop off my big suitcases—each for India Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- The Madness BeginsWell, after so much stressing out trying to balance getting ready to go to all these places this summer, packing 3 separate cases (one carry-on, one medium and one large), getting my house in order for the summer and working Posted by Peliroja in Summer 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- Terracotta Warriors and a giant Buddha!We left Beijing and headed to Xian on the bullet train!
Even Superman would have trouble keeping up!...okay
maybe not...it's top speed was 314 km/hr. A 10 hour trip
is now a 4 hour trip. Nice!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690840/4FE5E6 Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 4, 2014
- ARIA DI VACANZE!!!Come molti di voi già sanno, tra poche ore sarò di nuovo in Italia (in realtà tra poche ore ho il volo quindi tra UN PO' PIù di 'poche ore' sarò in Italia!!!!).
Evvivaaaaaaa vado in vacanzaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Io si, il blog non Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 3, 2014
- Xining to Lhasa - Its all about training ;)Xining is an interesting city where we had a short stop over, it is an amazing city surrounded by mountains (i kept thinking it must have been so much work to establish a city so high up !) and one Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Aug 3, 2014
- The Baisha Murals and Shuhe Old TownSo with the feeling of exhilaration coursing through our veins - or at least mine - after our "ascent" of the snow mountain, we drove into Baisha, one of a number of old villages in the Lijiang area for lunch Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 3, 2014
- Ascent of the Jade Dragon Snow MountainSo as I mentioned in our last post the girls had developed fevers and coughs and as our itinerary for today had us ascending (by cable car) a "snow mountain" to over 4500 m elevation, we thought the prudent thing Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- From Wild West Street to the Real Wild West of ChinaWith our laundry done it was time to move on. Before we left Yangshuo, we had one more thing to do, learn Chinese painting. It's just black ink on white paper...can't be that hard....wrong!...as we were about to learn. Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- Scaring up the ducks!Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - kind of a slow day.
Started with a big thunderstorm in the night, then
pouring rain in the AM (thunder sounds the same in
China as at home...no oriental accent...)
It cleared off later, so we were off Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 2, 2014
- The Emperor's back!Tuesday, July 29/14
We tried for Mao again, but it's just too crazy
competing with 1,000's of people, gates blocking
the way, bag scanners, admission fees....and well
when the going gets tough...the tough go to the
Temple of Heaven!
A very prett Posted by L D Travel in Larry & Della - A Tale of Two Travellers | Aug 1, 2014
- China part 1 - Nanning and Yangshuo[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Aug 1, 2014
- The last one- XianSo I will be starting work soon and this will be my last trip before entering into my next phase of life. Sure i will still have more opportunities to travel then but not without a larger opportunity cost and Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | Jul 31, 2014
- 50 sfumature di...pallido!Benche’ sia ripasuto che nella terra d’oriente il sole non e’ nella lista degli amici della pelle, mi stupisce ancora molto vedere gente (direi solo donne) in giro con l’ombrello con il sole a picco.
Eh si perche’ qui essere bianco-pallido-fantasmatico Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 1, 2014