- What not to wear? Packing Tips for frugal TravelersPreparing is arduous.
I am using the same frameless backpack I took on my 89 day journey in 2012.
It qualifies as carry on and expands a bit if I check it coming home. In addition I have now Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Sep 26, 2015
- Kashgar -> TashkorganPlus de 300km de vélo au milieu de paysages magnifiques.
Départ de Kashgar (1400m), passage d'un col à 4000m, en s'arrêtant au lac Karakul (3200m), ainsi qu'une excursion à un glacier à 4600m.
Depuis Tashkorgan, nous avons du prendre un bus Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 19, 2015
- KashgarNous voici au croisement des fameuses routes de la soie!
Les chinois ici sont à majorité musulmans, je ne pensais pas voir des rues avec des bâtiments de ce style en Chine!
Nous re Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 19, 2015
- Irkeshtam -> KashgarAprès un voyage aller-retour, 4 jours d'attente à Osh, et 3h d'attente côté chinois on ne sait pas trop pourquoi car il n'y avait pas grand monde, nous avons enfin passé cette frontière.
Merci aux Australiens et à l'Irlandais de nous Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Sep 19, 2015
- Pingyao Ancient Town, Shanxi, China[center][/center]
We take the train from Xi'an, passing terraced fields, to the town! Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Nov 18, 2015
- LA MOSSA DELL'ALFIEREE' da un po' che mi riprometto di scrivere qualcosa in merito a come si cammina qui per strada, e finalmente mi sono decisa :)
Beh partiamo dal presupposto che NON e' SEMPLICE, ci vuole un po' di allenamento e[b] TANTA Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Sep 16, 2015
- 6. The Great WallNo trip to China is complete without an adventure to the Great Wall. Traversing mountain tops, it is hard to believe that the total length of the wall is over 7000 km long (disputed).
We opted to hike the less frequently Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Sep 13, 2015
- Tian an men and the National Museum Yesterday we visited Tian an men and the National Museum! It was a really busy day. The square was full of people because the weather was gorgeous! We had cool breezes, blue skies, and a shining sun.
In the square Posted by VerityCCheslo in Traversing Through China | Sep 12, 2015
- BJ 80 Dorms :)Hey all,
I'm now in Beijing! I had a great orientation in Washington DC and a pretty smooth first week! My dorm mate is from Hong Kong. Her name is Mary. She is a gao er student so she's pretty busy Posted by VerityCCheslo in Traversing Through China | Sep 12, 2015
- Week 8 Southern China: Guangzau (old name: Canton)Week 8 Southern China: Guangzau (old name: Canton)
Thursday 3th-Thursday 10th September
We followed our noses through no mans land after checking out of Northern Vietnam. There was no one much around, certainly not a busy border post. No helpful Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Sep 11, 2015
- Exploring Qufu!Our first trip out of Jinan was to Qufu, pronounced Chufu. It's the home of Confucius, master philosopher and one of the most important historical figures in Chinese history. To make the journey we had to take one of China's Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Sep 10, 2015
- BeijingSo managed to negotiate the subway from the Airport to a point in space amazingly close to my hostel. This only required two line changes and my misunderstanding of clockwise versus anticlockwise. Incessant rain was the prevailing precipitation on offer. Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 7, 2015
- UN RIENTRO MOLTO....GUSTOSO!Sono ritornata in Cina da due settimane e subito in aeroporto sono stata 'accolta' da una GUSTOSA novità...
KFC la catena di fastfood americana ha messo sul mercato due nuove ricette DA NON PERDERE :) i muri sono tutti tappezzati con Posted by Gamby in Travel Is My Nature | Aug 30, 2015
- Furong Street and Black Tiger SpringOur next adventure took us into downtown Jinan. Gavin had been saying since we arrived that he wanted to eat and try some of the local street food, so we headed into the city in search of Furong Jie (street), Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 25, 2015
- 5. Cloud Dispensing PavilionAfter our time in the rice terraces we spent a few days in Shanghai, but we were excited to get back to nature. We made our way to Huangshan Mountains (Yellow Mountains).
There were three options to get to the top Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 21, 2015
- La chine en image – épisode 2 ===Après ces quatres mois plutôt intenses je me suis remise en route, Cette fois-ci direction Ningxia, tout au nord de la Chine, pour participer à un camp d'été international. Comme j'avais deux semaines pour m'y rendre, j'en ai profiter pour Posted by elodieadie in la petite trotte d'Elodie-la-bougeotte | Aug 20, 2015
- Made In ChinaSo this is what is feels like to be a rock star...long hair, jet lag, another hotel room, all thats missing is the fame, fortune and wild parties, unless you count two bottles of Tsing Tao, a pot of jasmine Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 9- BeijingI woke up excited, eager for my Olympic tour. I couldn't wait to see the arenas in which world class athletes had performed. I got on the bus that took me to Olympic Park. On the bus I felt a Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 8- BeijingAfter a quick brekkie provided by the hotel I was on my way to begin the Panda Tour. The tour began with seeing all the animals in the Beijing Zoo. All the animals were all so full of personalities but Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 7- BeijingI woke up today after a refreshing sleep in a comfier bed than the trains and eager to embark on my Beijing Classic Tour. This meant that I (yes I) got to walk onto the famous Wall of China. Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 6- arriving in BeijingAfter a rocky sleep I woke up ready for the remainder of my day, relaxing, enjoying the scenery of the train trip and playing cards with my new pals. The train trip took a while and I was keen to Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- 4. People, people, and more people ... no people?First on the list sightseeing list was Guiling, Guangzhou. Nestled along the Li River, we were excited to see the epic landscapes and experience ‘rural’ China. Little did we know this place was basically a tourist trap, serving better as Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- 3. Ready, set, GO!As we sit waiting for our first over night train, all we can hear is muffled mandarin being blasted over the intercom, English has pretty much disappeared. Pointing and head nods is what gets us to where we need Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 9, 2015
- Thousand Buddha MountainYesterday we made the journey to Thousand Buddha Mountain, which proved to be one of our favourite landmarks yet. Located within the city, there seems to be some confusion as to whether the mountain is actually a hill. All I Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 6, 2015
- Jinan ZooYesterday we decided to head to Jinan Zoo to see their Giant Pandas. JInan Zoo is located in the north of Jinan, about 15 miles from where we live. The journey was simple enough, we got a bus into the Posted by kathy_w in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Aug 3, 2015