- Short stop in ColombiaColombia is definitely a nice country, one where you could get stuck in a few months or even years. There is just too much to see, from the burning Caribbean coast, to the cold mountainous Andes where Bogota is, via Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Oct 18, 2013
- Journey 13As soon as we got out of the plane in Cartagena we got the hit by the really warm weather. We reach our hostel in the historic center, the staff was really usefull and lovely. The old city is really Posted by bubbles89 in Por fin lleguaste | Sep 22, 2013
- Summer times===I'm going to talk about two trips I had this year. Because I think both of them are amazing.
The first one was in February when I went to Ecuador with my entire family, was an amazing one because we spent Posted by stephaniemaring in Summer times | Sep 17, 2013
- Un Día Es Necesario Parar de Soñar y, de Algún Modo, Partir."Um homem precisa viajar. Por sua conta, não por meio de histórias, imagens, livros ou TV. Precisa viajar por si, com seus olhos e pés, para entender o que é seu. Para um dia plantar as suas próprias árvores e Posted by meninosalegres in In Search of a Port | Aug 29, 2013
- Santa MartaMorris Writing
Hi I, haven’t been on the blog for a while, a mixture of been busy and its been very hot where we’ve been, hence cannae be bothered!
Our last couple of days in Medellin were good, we met up with Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 24, 2013
- CapurganaThe journey to Capurgana was itself a bit of a crazy adventure. We firstly got a bus to the town of Monteria. This was a normal coach travelling on paved roads but it appeared the buses suspension was upside down Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Aug 19, 2013
- CartagenaOur journey from Cusco to Cartagena took all day. We woke up at 5am to fly from Cusco to Lima, then at lunchtime had a flight from Lima to Bogota, the capital of Colombia, and finally had a late afternoon Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Aug 19, 2013
- Back in the Colombian hillsWe have time before our 9am bus to wander out to a diner at the corner of the plaza, that has shiny metallic booths and an array of fancy cakes. They do a mean breakfast of eggs, ham and cheese Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Aug 16, 2013
- MedellinHaven’t been up to much this week in Medellin, Monday my head was still nipping after Saturdays night out, we were going to go out and about on Monday but the weather was poor, heavy showers throughout the day, we Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 13, 2013
- Manizales to MedellinMorris Writing
We left Manizales on Saturday morning, Lina the lady that made the breakfasts at Hostel Kumanday reserved our bus tickets for us by phone on Friday, we just had to turn up at the bus station in Manizales and Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 11, 2013
- Bike Ride/Coffee Tour in SalentoMorris Writing
Wednesday in Salento we decided to rent some bikes from the hostel and go for a recommended bike ride in the area, Ruth and I were joined by Bart and another girl staying at the hostel, Sandra from Switzerland, Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 10, 2013
- One last day and home at last! Monday! It is my last day in Bogota. I actually got up early, got ready, rode the transmilenio into school with some new students staying at Rosa's. it was weird to go to international house and not go to class. Posted by runnergirlep in summer adventures! | Aug 6, 2013
- Walk in the Cocora ValleyTuesday we went for a walk in a region nearby Salento called the Cocora Valley, the Cocora Valley is full of really tall trees, these are called Wax Palm trees
We were joined on the walk by a Dutch guy named Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 6, 2013
- SalentoMorris Writing
We checked out of Hotel Toledo Plaza at 1pm on Monday afternoon, we’ve heard a lot of places here do later check outs which is good, we got a taxi to the bus terminal from the hotel at about Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 5, 2013
- Zipaquira Salt CathedralHavent had a chance to update the blog lately, been too busy in Bogota!
On Monday the 29th of July we were invited to take a trip to the town of Zipaquira, it was Yolandas niece Maria Clamencia who invited us, Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Aug 5, 2013
- Poco triste or I am a little sad!On Saturday, I woke up to blue sky and sun in villa de Leyva.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/592716/90_C816AE862219AC6817EF81B8A3F57F0B Posted by runnergirlep in summer adventures! | Aug 4, 2013
- Pomp and circumstance : )On Wednesday afternoon, I visited the casa de Lucia again for more baking. Her daughter attends universidad near my school so we met and rode home together. It was fun to have company. Lucia and I made pastel Gloria. Some Posted by runnergirlep in summer adventures! | Aug 3, 2013
- Pelicans, thongs, and colorful fish in paradise, now classesOn Sunday, I headed out around 815 for the pier. I took a boat to an isla close to Cartagena.
As we left, it was interesting to see the skyline Posted by runnergirlep in summer adventures! | Jul 31, 2013
- Locked in North Colombia's sweaty embrace
Heading down from the Andes for the first time in a while, we were expecting an increase in temperature. What we got however, was levels of sweat bordering on antisocial and heat rash. We Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jul 31, 2013
- Journey 12Medellin is a tough city, i am really impressed how it change so much in 10 years, it used to be the most dangerous city in the world.
In our first day we took the free walking tour, the guy Posted by bubbles89 in Por fin lleguaste | Jul 31, 2013
- The Colombian Caribbean and border highlandsWe pick up the story at LAX airport as our heroes are about to check in for their flight to Cartagena via Fort Lauderdale Florida....
We have plenty of time as we prepare for checkin with Spirit airways. But a Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Jul 30, 2013
- The Final Days of South AmericaAfter one last night in Taganga and a final dip in the Carribean Sea we took off in a direct van to the town of Mompox . Getting to this town from anywhere is said to be quite an adventure Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Jul 29, 2013
- The 2nd paradise has hot water but I don't really need it!On Wednesday, I met Jessica's aunt, Amparo, and cousin, Felipe. They came to the school after class and we spent the afternoon in town, walking, talking (Amparo was very patient and helpful with my Spanish - we actually went to Posted by runnergirlep in summer adventures! | Jul 27, 2013
- Paisa country
One thing that was blatantly obvious during our visit to Jardin, was that we had transformed from festy backpackers to, according to the locals, nothing short of exotic. At least that was Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jul 26, 2013
- Journey 11We left Cali in the morning get the cheapest bus to Armenia, and as always the guys from the bus company lied, the bus was suposed to leave 10min after we bought the ticket and we actually wait around 1h, Posted by bubbles89 in Por fin lleguaste | Jul 24, 2013