- Mother nature :-)I arrived in the evening in Salento, which is home to the Cocora Parc and it's world-tallests wax palm trees. When arriving at the hostel, which is by the way a coffee farm too, I planned to go the next Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 23, 2015
- Battling with Biters 5SO like a fool I came back to the Jungle of the Sierra Nevadas am I glutton for punishment or do I just enjoy being tormented!?? After slavering myself in insect repellent while waiting for the taxi in the middle Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | May 17, 2015
- Viva ColombiaDear followers (haa sounds great) so what about Cartagena? It's just a lovely tiny historical city. I had seen the entire old town in 1-2 hours walk. On my second day in the Carrabiean I got tempted what the locals Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 17, 2015
- Imercion totalI´m just oerly happy to have contcted Nicolas to gain some information about Colombia. Well it tourned out waaay better than expected. So he come to pick me up at the airport and only told me we would go the Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 6, 2015
- Columbia - Part 7 Today we took at trip to El Totumo, a 15m tall 'volcano', filled with thick grey mud, which you climb down into and wallow around in. It’s supposed to have numerous health benefits, but really it’s just fun! I was Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 23, 2015
- Columbia - Part 6I woke up feeling horrible. My cold had come out with a vengeance, I was achey, feverish and so bunged up I'd gone deaf! A perfect day to sit on a boiling hot truck; then camp, with no facilities, by Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 23, 2015
- Colombia - Part 5The next stop on our journey was San Gill, one of those places that's renowned for adrenaline activities, so we seized the opportunity and signed up for paragliding the next day.
[img=http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/danseal/Colombia%20-%20Dec% Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Apr 5, 2015
- Cocora BlimeyTo say I am lacking in inspiration for this entry is an understatement - I have sat here for two hours and written one paragraph (since scrapped). The idea of describing at length what I was doing nearly three weeks Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Mar 25, 2015
- ColombiaAs our time in South America winds down, we are as excited about the adventures to come as we are pleased to reflect on the ones behind us. On Tuesday night we will arrive in Washington D.C., visit for Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Mar 22, 2015
- Colombia - Part 4En route to Villa de Leyva, we had a very important stop to make - the Estacion Astronomica Musica, or ‘Penis Park’ as we nick-named it. It houses the ruins of an observatory, dating back to the first centuries AD, Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 20, 2015
- If It Wasn't For Those Medellín Kids...The loose plan for the remainder of my adventure is for a whistle-stop tour around northern South America, spending some time in the Amazon before heading up to the Caribbean islands. Exactly where I'm going and how I will get Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Mar 17, 2015
- Blending with Nature 2Living in a city of some 8 million people, although I suspect there is much more just go to the top of Monserrate the peak of the mountain range that is Bogota to gauge some kind of idea of how Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 11, 2015
- Crossing The EquatorToday started with one of the most spectacular sunrise displays for the cruise. There was a perfect combination of clouds, colour and even a fog bank to brighten up the day. Schedules for today are a bit awry Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 11, 2015
- Blending with Nature 1One of the reasons I love spending time in the tropics is my love for food, preferably fresh food but I’m not about to get judgemental on anyone, I’ve no place, I’ve been known to find myself standing at the Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 11, 2015
- Creature From The Blue LagoonI left you last on the ferry from Panama to Colombia with revolting hot dog sausages lining my belly and the aroma of smelly feet flowing through my nasal passage.
The port from where I caught the ferry was in the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Mar 11, 2015
- Jungle Weed in the CityIt’s the pound that just keeps on giving!
Before leaving the jungle I made sure to infuse some more coconut oil figuring that this condensed version would be a much (safer) way to travel with that much weed. And I was Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 11, 2015
- Moving on==THIS BLOG IS MOVING!==
Since Google pretty much controls everything I do online, Im succumbing to the simplicity of its integrated service and moving over to Blogger. Uploading photos is a chore on this site.
My new site is:
https://ahow2travel. Posted by adohow in Chasing Hot Air | Mar 11, 2015
- Battling with Biters 3I once met a guy when I lived on the Pacific Coast here in Colombia, I need you to picture the scene jungle to your back standing on black sand to your front crystal clear Pacific Ocean now I don’t Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 9, 2015
- Battling with Biters 2 There has been a lot of talk about vaccinations recently and although this post is not about the measles debate it did make me think quite a bit about the ideals of social responsibility or lack of as it turns Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 9, 2015
- Jungle Weed & ChocolateWhat do you do when you find yourself in the middle of the Colombian Jungle with a pound of the finest flavoured smoke you’ve ever tasted? Well, you infuse it with coconut oil buy some dark chocolate pick some fruit Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 9, 2015
- Battling with Biters A severe case of allergic reaction to any thing that bites led me to look into herbal or non toxic solutions and although I’m not quite ready to throw away my deet infused products just yet I have been impressed Posted by Dovesei in Jungle Juice | Mar 8, 2015
- Colombia - Part 3Reluctantly we had to say goodbye to the stunning Tatacoa desert and continue our journey to the little town of Solento, stopping en route to pick some boulders out of the way after a recent landslide - as you do!
[img=http://i981.photobucket.com/album Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Colombia - Part 2(You can see all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/slideshow/Colombia%20-%20Dec%202014|here]]. Password is the same as for the blog)
After driving through gorgeous mountains and valleys, marvelling each time we looked Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Viva-ColombiaIn the past few weeks we have probably seen more of the country than most Colombians.
We’ve visited the biggest cities, many of the authentic colonial towns, the Caribbean coast, and, especially, we have driven many hundreds of kilometres through the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 26, 2015
- Up On The Farm in ColombiaFor the past few days we have been living a dream in a tropical Nirvana. Our day begins at 5,200 feet when the crepuscular rays of dawn stream over the Andes to illuminate our hillside cottage and encourage the hens Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 24, 2015