- Island timeOur last full day in Minca was pretty great.
We went bird watching - which sounds super lame, but was actually pretty awesome. Firstly, at 5am when we got up, IT WAS COOL. Like I wanted to wear a cardigan, cool. Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Jun 13, 2016
- Caribbean Colombia After our downpour on our first night in San Gil, things improved a lot...
The first day we just spent relaxing and getting the lay of the land.. explored the local supermarket and found we could buy a litre of rum Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Jun 3, 2016
- south america- Colombia we just landed in Colombia the flight was from 10:40a - 9:08p by Lufthansa with two stops in FRA, BOG for C$4,182.68.
for the next three days we will:
day one- Tayrona National Natural Park
day two-Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
day three-Nevado Posted by Mahnoork21 in My trip to three regions | Jun 3, 2016
- ColombiaDay 1:
Today I have travelled over 9 hours and I am finally able to reveal where I will be spending the next three days! I am in sunny Colombia! I love the hot weather as in Canada we don't Posted by cameronxmoreno in My Dream Vacation Around the World | May 26, 2016
- Bogota and aroundSo our last day in Peru was pretty uneventful - though we did see a dead turtle on the beach - it looked like it had just walked up and was sitting there, but on further observation its shell was Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 25, 2016
- Taganga, Palomino, Tayrona, Our Resort - ColombiaTaganga
After just a quick 25 minute taxi over the hill to a small little village we were already in our next destination... Taganga. We had heard that it recently became over run with tourists and the once nice and tranquil Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | May 8, 2016
- colombiaThe cities people usually hit are Cartagena, Cali, Bogota, Medellin, and Santa Marta.
I ran out of time to get to here, but it's supposed to have beautiful architecture and I’ve heard Playa Grande is a sweet place to stay for Posted by scampyyy in south america | Mar 31, 2015
- Colombia: Medellín==Medellín==
Medellín is a truly beautiful, diverse, friendly and fascinating city!
I had a truly amazing time here; made great new friends, danced, explored and learned a great deal abou Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Apr 28, 2016
- Salento, ColombiaWe were quite excited to leave Cali knowing our bus journey would only be 4-5 hours long... so short compared to all of our previous trips. So we had a great nights sleep, woke up early for breakfast, and made Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Apr 8, 2016
- Colombia: Day trip to Villa de Lleyva
Villa de Lleyva is a stunning cultural centre, with very romantic setting and atmosphere.
I imagine it's very busy for Valentines day!
There is a myriad of amazing restaurants, wi Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 25, 2016
- Colombia: Day trip to Zipaquíra==Zipaquíra and Catedral de Sal==
This was one of my most interesting stops in Colombia.
At some stage the salt mines in the mountains just outside of Bogotá were converted into an enormo Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 19, 2016
- Colombia: Santander (Bucaramanga and San Gil)==Satander==
To get you started, here is a video of my highlight in Santander:
The state of Satander is marvellous!
The Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 18, 2016
- por colombia[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/814945/90_image.jpg thumb=http://photos.tra Posted by Proyectomundo in Mundo 2016 | Mar 16, 2016
- Colombia: Parque Tayrona==Parque Tayrona==
....is a stunning, well preserved national park with awesome terrain; stunning beaches, and a chance to camp under the stars amongst other intrepid travellers and local famili Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 15, 2016
- Colombia: Barranquilla Carnaval==En Barranquilla me quedo...==
Just outside of Barranquilla's main stadium is an enormous statue of Salsa legend Joe Arroyo..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/431841/joearroyo.jpg Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 13, 2016
- Panamaniacs!Panamanians you ask? Typo you say? No! I was just doing a tedious link to the Anamaniacs:
So Panama. Finally arrived in this haven of legal money and strong extradition laws to stay with Linda and Leon.
Posted by WrightA in The Ramblings of Sheltered Traveller | Mar 17, 2016
- Colombia: Bogotá==Bogotá==
Bogotá is the third biggest city in South America after Sao Paolo and Lima.
... and it feels vast!
Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 7, 2016
- Colombia: Cali==The Capital of Salsa==
To get you started, here is a video I put together of snippets I recorded at concerts, conventions and Salsatecas in Cali:
Cali, Colombia is widely (and aptly) known as th Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Mar 2, 2016
- Santa Marta, Cartegena & Impressions of ColombiaTHIS IS OUR LAST BLOG ENTRY FOR COLOMBIA.
We departed Medellin and flew north to Santa Marta, located on the Caribbean coastline of Colombia.
Santa Marta was founded Posted by janejoe in Colombia | Feb 24, 2016
- Medellin, 2nd Largest City in ColombiaWe departed Barichara and drove to the airport near Bucaramanga where we then flew to Medellin.
We departed Barichara and drove to the airport near Bucharimanga where we then flew to Medellin. Posted by janejoe in Colombia | Feb 24, 2016
- Historic Salt Cathedral and Colonial Towns North of Bogota==Historic Salt Cathedral and Colonial Towns North of Bogota==
We departed Tierradentro, drove back to Nieva and flew to Bogota for one night prior to departing northward.
==Historic Sa Posted by janejoe in Colombia | Feb 24, 2016
- San Agustin & Tierradentro - UNESCO World Heritage SitesAfter our time in the capital of Bogota, we flew southwest to Nieva.
Just north of the city of Nieva is the Tatacoa Desert, where we did a short tour and walk Posted by janejoe in Colombia | Feb 24, 2016
- Bogota==Our Itinerary==
We begin our trip to Colombia in Bogota.
==Colombia (NOT Columbia!) - A “Little” History==
The territory of what is now Colombia was originally inhabited b Posted by janejoe in Colombia | Feb 16, 2016
- Colombia: Rodadero, Santa Marta, Barranquilla
It was time to move on from Cartagena and explore the rest of the Caribbean north.
I took the Marsol bus without h Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 23, 2016
- Colombia: Cartagena==Arrival Colombia==
I left Central America full of great memories.... via Avianca and landed on the sunny shores/airport of tropical Cartagena.
Luckily I had bought a bus ticket to Ecuador Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Jan 13, 2016