- What's Colombia Really Like?These four ladies live in Panamá and took advantage of a low fare on COPA to visit Colombia for the first time. Here are their impressions. Filmed at Café del Museo de Antioquia at Parque Botero in Medellín Colombia.
[video provider=youtube Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Nov 9, 2014
- Cooking à la CharlesAs cooking endeavors go, this is my favorite way to cook: go to the market and buy what's fresh. I had settled on seafood and bought two types of octopus, a whole fresh fish, mussels and tiger prawns. Other ingredients Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Nov 8, 2014
- life isn't always sweeto burritoThere have been times on this adventure, when not all is perfect. There are times when the tears fall as hard as the Bogotá rain, times when I feel completely lost and alone. For the most part, I am living Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Nov 7, 2014
- Northern Colombia Arriving in Barranquilla (in Northern Colombia) was a rather disorienting experience. My body wasn't sure whether to acclimatize to the thick, hot, humid air of the north, the heavily air-conditioned air of the airport Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Nov 4, 2014
- News from the road.SPE Board meeting in Cartagena, ColombiaIt is a real honor to be selected to serve as a President of the Society of Petroleum Engineers. I joined the SPE in 1975 as a graduate student at the University of Oklahoma where I earned my M.Sc. in Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Jun 25, 2014
- Colombia Colombia... Where do I begin? This is a country that contrasts surprisingly sharply with the Guatemalan lifestyle I had begun to grow accustomed to. Just to give a few examples, supermarkets are commonplace, the majority Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Oct 25, 2014
- How within 24 hours, I knew I was back in Colombia
1. James is all over every single television
2. Someone said 'que bacano parce' after I told a story
3. Salsa and Bachata is on every single radio station (if it isn't Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Oct 22, 2014
- Meet them..==Hello!!== My name is Daniela Millan and I am from Colombia. I had an awesome experience in Michigan two years ago and I’m here to tell you about it. Everyone likes traveling and getting to know new places and people.. Posted by Danielamillan in Traveling Michigan | Sep 18, 2014
- Wonderful, amazing Colombia!==Cartagena==
Woke up early for a walk on the beach. 8 am and it is already 41 degrees - ay caramba!
This city is pretty eclectic. It's colourful, loud, tropical and city like all at the same time. Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Aug 8, 2014
- Island loveI was so lucky to be able to spend two amazing nights with the families of Didier and Cindy in Santa Marta. It was so nice to be with them, it almost felt like I was with Didier and Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Aug 5, 2014
- On top of the worldPhew, I have to write this because if not, I will never catch up. Every single day has just been one adventure after the next. From beautiful location to beautiful location, I seem to just wander in a daze, completely Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jul 26, 2014
- World Cup Final, Colombia - Bogota and Cartagena!This blog covers our last couple of days in Rio and our time in Colombia so far. Enjoy!
===Last days in Rio!===
World Cup final!
After spending over a month here in Brasil and watching endless amounts of futbol, the final Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jul 23, 2014
- Almost time to come homeMonday, 14 de julio - Thursday, 17 de julio
Another week of classes and regular life as I know it in Bogota. I feel like I have learned a lot and am learning more. A second language is a work in Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jul 17, 2014
- Bogotá to Parque TayronaMy last night in Bogotá was also Paddy’s last night. His friends were all either sick or were in the midst of exams so they weren’t up for a crazy night out. So I went to Paddy’s house to finish Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jul 16, 2014
- The week flies byThis week has flown by. I have settled into my schedule of cold showers, breakfast (total days eggs), bus ride in sardine style, school from nine to one, and then an activity in the afternoon in the city, squish Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jul 13, 2014
- Desierto de la TatacoaThursday, 3 de julio
My class took a field trip on Thursday. We visited Monserrat. I had been there before but we walked further back behind the church and there were various vendors and a trail mainly for burros.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jul 8, 2014
- Happy 4th of JulyHappy 4th. Enjoy celebrating.
Viva Colombia in the World Cup today at 3 p.m. (1 p.m. PST)
Am off to the tatacoa desert this morning. Should have interesting ta Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jul 4, 2014
- 12 things I have learned about Colombia
1. Here in Colombia, football gives people hope, and it brings people together in such an amazing way. I have never seen anything like it before.
2. No one understands the w Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jul 3, 2014
- Las clases comienzanSunday, 29 de junio
Today was a rest and get moved into our casas day. I slept in until almost 10 (unheard of for me!). The whirlwind tour
of Colombia may have taken its toll.
We left the hotel around 12:30 to Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jul 2, 2014
- Crazy Colombia!I don’t really know where to even start the adventures of the last 10 days, things have been so busy and so crazy. I have been out of Bogotá and seen many different towns, landscapes, waterfalls, deserts, valleys, mountains, and Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jul 1, 2014
- Vamos Colombia & Chile!===HOLA COLOMBIA!!===
So we left beautiful Peru with an initial plan of spending about 2 weeks in Chile before hitting Brazil for world cup. However, after talking to numerous of people who’d been travelling around in South America, many mention Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jun 29, 2014
- Back in Bogota Friday, 27 June
We got up early to have a delicious outdoor breakfast and to pack for the next airplane ride. We left Maria and Alfonso's house about 9. Alfonso thought we had extra time so he showed us the road Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jun 28, 2014
- Whirlwind funTuesday 24 June
Today was our last full day in Cartagena. I feel like we have seen much of the city, eaten many new and delicious things, wandered all over, and relaxed in the sun. It is a place of beauty, Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jun 28, 2014
- More lazy days of summerMonday 23 June
Today was a beautiful, sticky, hace mucho calor sort of day!
We wandered and walked early this morning. We stopped by the store for pastel glorias and pineapple. The pineapple is inexpensive - we paid less than $2 Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jun 24, 2014
- La PlayaSunday, 22 June
What a wonderful and different day!
We took a taxi to la playa de Castillo Grande. This is a beach in the boca grande neighborhood. This is the newer condos, high rise area.
We rented a covered Posted by runnergirlep in colombia again! | Jun 23, 2014