- The friendly Cook IslandersIt was time to pack again. After five nights in the north-east of Rarotonga, we had booked another place for the rest of our stay at the west coast. It proved to be a bit challenging to take the public Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 25, 2016
- Kia Orana / Hello Cook IslandsEven though we had left French Polynesia, we had another two and a half hours to enjoy Air Tahiti’s service – together with about thirty other passengers of which at least 50% seemed to be German speaking.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/814523 Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 16, 2016
- Aitutaki First ImpressionsFANTASTIC PLACE AND SUPER-FRIENDLY PEOPLE!
First look from plane - visited and walked the next day
Our local host Lawton took us on a complete tour of the island - Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 12, 2016
- Limited InternetToo slow and unstable internet here on Aitutaki, so pictures will have to wait. Other than that this is paradise! Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 10, 2016
- Beauty in MotionMelting the hearts of us cold-blooded Vikings through their beauty and skills
Took in a local show last night Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 7, 2016
- Nice sunset Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 5, 2016
- More beach and sunSwim, drink, sun, eat a bit, drink, swim. Tomorrow the 'son of the sun' join us
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471/B9854B66F3DEC833835BEA9C8A00 Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 5, 2016
- Quiet contemplationWe are continuing the laid back island lifestyle.
Started today by walking down to Deli-licious for a lovely breakfast.
Then a couple of rounds in the pool - here is Terje showing off his breaststroke
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471 Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Oct 3, 2016
- Lazy daysAfter a day of rain when we arrived on Rarotonga its back to sunny warmth today. Our stressless life consists of hard decisions like whether to open a bottle of wine or mix another gin tonic
Checked out Posted by Terje Dahl in Pacific 2016 | Oct 2, 2016
- Move to RarotongaLeft Mo'orea, a very interesting island, to fly on to the Rarotonga in the Cook Islands.
Unfortunately we have to spend the next nine days here.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 29, 2016
- Honeymooning paradise, or just paradise by any definitionDisclaimer to begin..... the pictures included in this entry are not mine (though chosen to be as close to those of mine I remember) for reasons that will be clear later on, I have stolen them all from Google but Posted by KulaRing in KulaRing Supermoon | Mar 8, 2016
- Bounty from the SeaOne of the things I was keen to do today was go and have a look at an art gallery that we had seen on the edge of Avarua. So mid-morning that's where we headed. We had a look Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 8, 2015
- Staying Close to Home (Again)
Really annoyingly I realised quite early on today that my purse was missing. I knew that I had it in the Tamarind Restaurant last night, when I got it out in order to leave a tip. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 8, 2015
- All About the SwimmingThe thunderstorms that we had been expecting overnight didn't materialise and the weather was much improved by the time we got up. It was pretty hot, but there was a proper blue sky for the first time since we arrived Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 6, 2015
- A Wet and Windy Day in Raro
The strong winds and rain continued to be a presence when we woke up this morning and so again we just relaxed at the bungalow for the morning. It felt a bit indulgent to just Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 6, 2015
- Staying Close to Home
The weather was certainly no better today than yesterday, and perhaps if anything slightly worse. There seemed to be no rush to get up; and so we had a lie in, chatted and read books. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 6, 2015
- Getting Round the Island
Strange though it is, we are having another go at Saturday the 28th. This time we began the day in Rarotonga just as we had finished our second attempt at Friday the 27th. All very Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Dec 6, 2015
- Scrubbin' Poo (and a whole lot more)! The island weather has been getting wetter than I want it to be, but I guess that means I’m stuck indoors to write a new post! I’m getting pretty good at giving cuddles, picking up poo, feeding, and giving medications Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | Jul 5, 2015
- Coping with DeathA lady came to the animal clinic I was volunteering at and said, “I found this kitten on the road. It’s too young to survive without its mother. Should we put it down?” The moment the kitten grasped onto my Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | Jun 9, 2015
- A Test of Passions Kia Orana! It is currently winter in Rarotonga, but since winter here is around the mid 70s, it’s basically Seattle summer for me. The locals are huddling in their fleece jackets, complaining about how cold it is while I am Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 20, 2015
- A Week in the Cooks[img=h Posted by trebor722 in Rob Around the World | May 5, 2015
- The Zoobiquitous Mindset ** One of these topics may be a sensitive subject for some people (euthanization), but it is an important part of veterinary medicine and I want to express my thoughts and feelings about it.
Zoobiquity means the joining of the Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | May 3, 2015
- Aitutaki - back to realityApril 26
Woke up to rain this morning. I walked into town to attend church, heavy rain! The church is the first and oldest church in the Cook Islands. In 1821, John Williams of the London Missionary Society Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Apr 29, 2015
- Aitutaki... the last weekApril 21
The day turned out to be awesome. We had some rain showers but it didn't stop most of us from enjoying the beach. I spent all day at beach watching the dogs. Every time some one Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Apr 26, 2015
- Rarotong continued....April 18
Went out for an early morning walk down the street, then had breakfast. I met a couple from Indiana (didn't even get their name) last night. They offered me a ride to the Punanga Nui Market. The Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Apr 21, 2015