- Costa Rica (costs a lot)
And then I'm in Costa Rica, the last country in my Central American adventure. I have less than a week there and then Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Nov 28, 2013
- 3 go mad in Costa RicaWe catch up with our heroes as they take the local bus from the border with Panama to the surf town of Puerto Viejo….
We locate the bus terminal beyond several tiendas selling large amounts of rubber wellington boots in the Posted by bumble_bee in Planet E&C | Sep 14, 2013
- Nicoya peninsulaAfter our morning hike at Rio Celestè we jumped straight in the Jimny and programmed the sat nav for Playa Sàmara. Pacific coast here we come. Most of the roads I this part of the country are "unpaved" - hence Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 26, 2013
- Tortugero and La fortunaSo costa rica then, this is different.
Unlike most of the countries I have visited on this trip costa Ricas history is not dominated by civil ward, power struggles and conflict. When Central America celebrated its independence in the early Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 21, 2013
- San Jose, Costa Rica Airport to HotelOriginally this was a trip where my husband and I were going to take our 15-year-old niece to Costa Rica to celebrate her “sweet 15.” But since we haven’t learned to organize flying together, we only bought two tickets and Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 19, 2013
- Adventures in Costa Rica===You know where you are
You're in the jungle baby
You gonna die
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your shun, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, knees, knees
-Guns N’ Roses
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/391043/DS Posted by Fun Susie in Adventures with Susie | Aug 15, 2013
- The last word from dadWe walked the half a mile with backpacks, feeling very stiff and sore from the triathlon the previous day. This enabled us to catch the 6.00 am ferry, to get a taxi, to then sit by the road in Rivas, Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 13, 2013
- SAMARA BEACH- COSTARICASamara is a very laid back town on the pacific side of Costa Rica. It is well worth the journey. If you don't want the crowds (like in Tamarindo) and would like to relax and enjoy the splendor of the Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Aug 12, 2013
- Goodbye Central AmericaAfter 32 awesome days our G Adventures Central America trip came to the end.
We have had a fantastic group, I think everyone has really enjoyed their time together & the places we have visited.
No amount of travel sickness, Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jul 2, 2013
- Costa RicaWe entered our final Central American country early in the morning and after a bumpy windy road into to rainforest covered mountains we arrived in Monteverde, Costa Rica.
Here we drank amazing local coffee, zip lined through the rainforest, partied Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jul 2, 2013
- Surfing in NosaraI learned how to surf in Nosara. I learned last year, but I got to practice more when we came back to Nosara. I surfed with many different teachers. I really liked Johan.
Here is how you surf:
1. First, you Posted by James07 in Learning Through Exploring | May 5, 2013
- Nosara EarthquakeOn September 5, 2012, five months and four days after we left Nosara on our first trip, a 7.6 magnitude earthquake hit Costa Rica. Nosara is a very special place because we spent three months living there last year. The Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | May 10, 2013
- And so it beginsDespite a depressurized airplane that was turned around midway to final destination, my journey has wings. I savor that flying moment when hours of clouds and sea part ways to reveal land below, as if you're suddenly privvy to secret Posted by Diamondheart in all roads lead to roam | Jun 4, 2013
- QUEPOS - Manio Antonio and BeachesMarch 2010
I can hardly believe it is our last real day in Costa Rica. Time went so fast. Tomorrow we leave around 10 am to drive back to San José.
We had a wonderful and interesting day here, Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- QUEPOSJust arrived at Quepos on the Pacific side of Costa Rica. It was a 4 hour drive and the landscape is completely different. Along the way, we stopped for coconut popsicles and went crocodile counting on a nearby Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- MONTEVERDEHi everyone and greetings from downtown Monteverde. Typically Monteverde is very wet and cold with one day of sunshine a week. Isaac and I are downtown poking around and it is about 30 degrees. It was also sunny yesterday.
We Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- FINS OR FEATHERS?March 2010
Just wanted to let you know we are in Monteverde. Our hotel is amazing. High in the mountain tops with a great view. The room is huge. It is unexpectedly warm and sunny!
When we arrived, the great adventurers went Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- WHITE WATER RAFTING- PART 2March 2010
Well I can honestly say that that is the best thing I have ever done, or at least it is right up there. We had a great day rafting the Toro River which is a 3/4 class river with Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Breakfast-No Volcano in SightJust sitting at breakfast. No views of the volcano this morning as it is overcast. I expect we'll get rained on but it won't matter if we are already wet.
We go to bed so early. Isaac was asleep by Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- WHITE WATER RAFTING - PART 1Hello!
We had an AWESOME day!!!!!!! Oh my god how much fun was that! We had a blast! We left here at 10:30 and drove to the river, had a safety lesson and were on our way. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- TORTUGUERO TO ARENALHello all and greetings from the base of the Arenal Volcano.
We woke this morning to the beautiful sound of the torrential rains that Costa Rica is famous for. It was amazing as it hit the canopies of the trees. It Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- TORTUGUERO - Day 2March 2010
Since the internet is working and I have an hour before the hike, I'd thought I'd update on our awesome evening and morning.
Last night we actually had warm showers so that was a pleasant surprise. We needed a Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- TORTUGUERO March 2010
We had an amazing day. It started with a 2 hour bumpy van ride, stopping for lunch at a butterfly farm (beautiful!!!) and at a banana plant where we enjoyed a fresh coconut on the side of the Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- ALL BUT THE BOXERSMarch 2010
Arrived alive, but barely.
So it has been an interesting day but all is well. We left our hotel at 6:30 this morning to checked in and clear customs. It is a wonder we are not still there because Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Finally Here~ The first of the three regions I'm travelling to is South America and I finally arrived at my first destination..... COSTA RICA! After spending $243, travelling 3722 km and exactly 7 hours from the Toronto Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 21, 2013