- Costa Rica 2014[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- The Southern PeninsulaWe were dropped off at the tiny Sansa terminal at 7 AM to board our flight to Drake. The commercial Cesna only sat twelve passengers, and we could easily tap the shoulders of the pilot and co-pilot from our seats. Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Apr 26, 2014
- Welcome to the JungleOur first full day in the Arenal rain forest appropriately started off with a nice deluge of rain as we joined a guide and three intrepid Australians at 7 AM for a guided three mile walk. Our guide taught us Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Apr 23, 2014
- Semana SantaThe first stop on our tour of Costa Rica was the quaint capitol of San Jose nestled in a mountain basin occupying the central part of the country. Most people opt to skip San Jose because the capitol does not Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Apr 20, 2014
- Skipping Costa RicaCosta Rica was a bit of a flash in the pan given the price of, well, everything. And also our usual unpreparedness.
After five countries where an exit ticket was not necessary, we mistakenly assumed Costa Rica would be the Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | Jul 13, 2016
- Chasing wildlife in Costa RicaWell we survived our 16 hours bus ride, excessive border crossing protocols and all - the bus was searched by panama police, then by costa rica police, then stopped a further 2 times to be checked by more costa rican Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Jul 1, 2016
- Costa RicaThursday 21st April - Ometepe / Monteverde
Today we left the island of Ometepe and sadly also Nicaragua.
We caught the early morning ferry at 7.30 back to the mainland and then drove for about an hour to reach the
border checkpoint Posted by Andy-Irene in Central America - March-April 2016 | Apr 21, 2016
- La Fortuna and Leaving Costa Rica
Welcome to La Fortuna!
The town of La Fortuna itself is pretty uninspiring and full of the tra Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Apr 8, 2016
- Can you get a contact buzz from the smell of roasting coffeeWednesday
16 March 2016
San Jose, Costa Rica
Good morning, good morning! I am ever so chipper this morning, blog fans, because I finally found the holy of holies: a BATH TUB! And it’s a whopper—nice and deep, perfect Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 16, 2016
- Lions and tigers and bears…almost!Monday
14 March 2016
Near Mt. Arenal Volcano
I know it’s hard for you, my adoring public, to go so long without an update from your intrepid foreign correspondent, but sometimes I’m too busy having the adventure to write Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 14, 2016
- Pajaros, pajaros, pajaros, pajaros Friday (Now technically Saturday)
11 March 2016
Monteverde Cloud Lodge
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
See what I did there? That was a little hint for those of you who no habla espanol to figure out the theme of today’s post. Are you Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 12, 2016
- Survivor: Costa RicaThursday
10 March 2016
Hotel Bosque del Mar
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Where to begin, where to begin? Should I begin at the beginning, with the monkey breakfast? (And to be clear, I am talking about breakfast WITH monkeys, not a breakfast OF monkeys.) Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 10, 2016
- Let The Adventure Begin!Wednesday
9 March 2016
Hotel Bosque del Mar
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Good morning, blog fans! I realize that for most of you, it’s warm where you are, which is a little dis Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 9, 2016
- T - 60 hours and counting until Costa Rica lift off!Well, travel fans, it's been a while since I've been anywhere that warranted a full-blown trip blog, so please excuse me if my witty repartee is a little rusty! But I leave for Costa Rica in a little over Posted by hidburch in Costa Rica 2016 | Mar 5, 2016
- Family Reunion @ Bahia Drake
13 months after we flew out over the white cliffs of dover, Drakes Bay was the perfect setting to meet up with Dad and Helen on their way to Cuba.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 28, 2016
- Osa Natural
Our first week on the ruggedly beautiful Osa Peninsula was spent volunteering on a small project making organic body products from coconut oil harvested by local farmers. Before we starte Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Feb 9, 2016
Hasta luego Tortuguero, we'll be back...
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jan 26, 2016
- Tortuguero Dos
Making prezzies for Nehle's birthday. She is forever young and ready for a dance-off in La Culebra.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Jan 16, 2016
- Tales from Costa Rica
Time for something completely new - Costa Rica! Mark has requested this blog takes the by-line 'Mark saves Alex's life' in honour of the number of times he has had Posted by CunninghamScott in Great Scott! It's an American adventure | Dec 30, 2015
- Tortuguero - Land of the Turtles
Our arrival by boat from La Pavona was watched intently by the locals.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725413/DSC07185. Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Dec 18, 2015
- Zipping around Costa RicaSan Jose
Getting to Costa Rica from Boquete, Panama required another early start. We were up early to a catch the 6.30am bus to David, where a connecting Bus to San Jose would be waiting for us to depart at 8.30am. Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Dec 16, 2015
- Santa Teresa
Leaving La Finca for the southern beaches of the Nicoya Peninsula via the Puntarenas ferry
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Dec 4, 2015
- El Tablazo Finca Agroecologica
San Jose street art
Waiting to be picked up and taken to Posted by TeamZecca in Funemployed World Tour | Nov 24, 2015
- Costa Rica - Cahuita, San Jose Hola! Our onwards travels took us across the border into Costa Rica, with our first destination at beautiful Cahuita.
On some great advice from our friend Marcio, we booked ourselves transport from Bocas Town. This provided us with the boat Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Nov 3, 2015
- Day Thirty Seven - Puntarenas, Costa RicaAn early start to the morning as we are required to assemble for the start of the tour at 07:15. Breakfast completed by 06:30 we made our way to the assembly in the Bordeaux Dining Room, we're one of Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Oct 1, 2015