- The BabiesOur trip is winding down. With all the anticipation in the months prior to leaving, it’s almost over. :(
Today saw us travel from the south of CR back to San Jose for our flight tomorrow. Instead of taking a 4-5 Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 12, 2014
Isn’t this an AWESOME mask?!!
It’s the one we bought today in the ‘Territorio Indigena Boruca.’ Today’s post is likely going to be longer than usual as we learned so much and want Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 11, 2014
- Photos...Dec 9Internet connections have been spotty here further south in CR. Here are photos that I would have added to my previous post:
Poison Dart Froggy:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723449/IMG_9902.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723449/th Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 11, 2014
- On the MoveToday we moved from Quepos about 1 1/2 hours south by bus and taxi. Before we left our B&B, we had a little time in the sun to watch some Poison Dart Frogs. Cute little things, about an inch+ long. Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 10, 2014
- Ziplining, tarzan swing and hummingbirds
We arrived in Monteverde and after a quick haggle at the bus stop to get some very cheap accomodation in the centre of town heard about all the cool things we could do. Ziplining, bun Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Turtle nesting, boat rides and monkeys Touristy hats as promised from last post. : )
After much back and forth and hearing about a million different things about where was best to see turtles nesting in April, we decided to he Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Foodie DreamsWe woke up today with a hopeful feeling - clear blue skies! (we had that yesterday too - and actually saw a group of monkeys travel past our house!! They were too fast for photos tho)
No monkeys today but more Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 8, 2014
- Jungle AdventureToday we:
* rappelled down a 90' waterfall
* flew through the trees
* walked a tightrope
* monkey-dropped into a pool of water
* learned what Pura Vida really means
We did the Quepo Canyoning adventure this morning. 4 ziplines, rappellin Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 7, 2014
- Jammin!Today's plan was a quiet one. Go to the Feria to buy some beautiful, ripe local fruits, come back and make jam then go out to dinner and maybe enjoy tonight's full moon.
The feria is the Farmers' Market, held Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 6, 2014
- Something UnexpectedWell, technically, we booked this day awhile back but it wasn't something I ever expected to be doing...we went deep-sea fishing today! Quepos is apparently one of the best places for sports fishing on the Pacific so I figured 'why Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 5, 2014
- On the RoadToday was an in-country travel day. We moved from Concepcion de San Isidro, outside of the capital city of San Jose to a town on the Pacific coast called Quepos (K-pos).
We took a direct bus from San Jose to Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 4, 2014
- Rainbows and ChocolateOur first B&B is at a higher altitude than San Jose, near Poas volcano. (no worries - inactive). In this 'spring' season as weather transitions to the hotter, drier season, the winds blow strongly from the East, bringing misty rain Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 3, 2014
- Arrived!Costa Rica is very green! Right now, they're coming out of the wet, rainy 'green' season and into the drier time of year. As our plane descended from the clouds, we saw much green - trees, mountains, fields. San Jose Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 2, 2014
- Costa RicaI forgot the all important map update in my last post. You can see our route from Kota Kinabalu in Borneo down to Bali and over to Java via a flight from Lombok.
The flight home fro Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Nov 22, 2014
- Costa Rica - 1993 (Twice). Posted by Koleno Family in Steven Koleno's Travel Journal | Oct 25, 1993
- Wishing it would never end... AND IT HASN'T...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682639/photo_4__25_.j Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jul 4, 2014
- The last sunset from the beach in Costa Rica...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682639/photo_2__24_.j Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jul 1, 2014
- Another LONG drive...So, we are learning (very slowly) that Pura Vida may also signify that people here have no real sense of urgency or time... they are too laid back. One way this seems to reflect is in the time estimates Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 30, 2014
- Our last full day at the beach...Our last full day at Papagayo was spent entirely on the beach and in the pool. We stopped only for a short break in the middle of the day to grab some lunch. It was sunny and clear Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 30, 2014
- An adventurous day in Monteverde (in more ways than one) Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 30, 2014
- 6-27--- A Day of Fun at the ResortOn Friday, we spent another day at the resort. We took the paddle boat out in the water for a short time today and played at the beach and the pool all morning. Then, we took a drive Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 30, 2014
- Sea Bass Ragu...On the 26th, we also took another cooking class --- this time we took Kilan with us, after the last class had a couple of older children in attendance. This time, our child was not the youngest --- instead, Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 30, 2014
- Eels & SharksWe exposed the kids today to snorkeling --- on two sides of the resort. We were able to convince them all (after a little while) to strap on the flippers and the snorkeling masks and enjoy seeing things under Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 26, 2014
- From Dawn 'til Chifrijo...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682639/photo_ Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 26, 2014
- One week in and still having fun...As we write, we've been in Costa Rica now for a week and seem to experience something new and exciting every day. The motto here is "Pura Vida" a common phrase used to mean living the full life or Posted by jacketfamily in Costa Rica | Jun 25, 2014