- Flowers and fearsAfter a very early bedtime, hoping to sleep off a cold I'd been cultivating for the last few days, I woke up sicker than ever… boohoo. Unfortunately this meant that our plans to hike up to a pristine waterfall just Posted by margeg in Astray in Costa Rica | May 1, 2011
- Central Highlands of CartagoFrom Puerto Viejo we traveled to Cartago, which once was Costa Rica’s colonial capital and only a 30-minute drive south of San José. While in Tikal, Guatemala, we met Hellen and her mother Yamileth who were kind enough to Posted by A-Team in A-Team Adventures | May 1, 2011
- Costa Rica: Santa TeresaWe arrived in Santa Teresa just before sunset but after having a little trouble finding our villa, it was really dark by the time we eventually walked into it. The first impressions were not fantastic due to a) an Posted by Mjennemyr in The Jennemyr Family | May 1, 2011
- Chasin' Waterfalls!A few days ago, when we went to visit Volcan Poas, it was raining. Hard. We thought about waiting out the rain and then stubbornly decided that we weren`t afraid of the rain and that we were way more hard-core Posted by gfied in Astray in Costa Rica | Apr 30, 2011
- TuristasAfter a night spent amongst Costa Rican creepy crawlers, we toured the town of Sarchí, famous for its abundance of wooden crafts, and set off for a full day of bus rides towards the touristy town La Fortuna. As we'd Posted by margeg in Astray in Costa Rica | Apr 29, 2011
- Volcan PoásWOW Costa Ricans are some seriously friendly and helpful people.
This morning while looking for a bus to take us to see Poas, we oriented ourselves at a signless bus terminal and after about 5 seconds of blank stares and Posted by gfied in Astray in Costa Rica | Apr 28, 2011
- AlajuelaA few delays later...WE´RE FINALLY IN COSTA RICA!
It's nice being enwrapped by a blanket of heat and humidity after the long winter. There is a nice breeze that makes the 28C completely bearable, even pleasant!
We arrived in Costa Rica Posted by gfied in Astray in Costa Rica | Apr 26, 2011
- Caribbean Costa RicaThe Caribbean coast of Costa Rica has an entirely different appeal - thankfully it doesn't have that fat package tourist vibe, and it is bursting with wildlife.
[img=http://photos. Posted by cmarks in On your Marks | Apr 3, 2011
- Unimpressed in Costa RicaMy first few days in Costa Rica make me want to return to Nicaragua (might have considered it if it didn't involve heading back to the chaos they call a border).
I arrive in San Jose at night and decide very Posted by cmarks in On your Marks | Mar 28, 2011
- Parental Guide
I’ve had the pleasure of my parents’ company for the majority of the last month, though their visit does make this entry a little superfluous as two-thirds of my normal readers already kn Posted by tgilmour in Viaje interminable | Apr 20, 2011
- Jacó, Majestic Manuel Antonio and Pura Vida in Puerto ViejoFrom Montezuma, the bus dropped us off in central Jacó (pronounced Ha-ko) in the pouring rain, with packs on and no idea where to begin; the hunt for accommodation began once again. There is one main road in Jacó Posted by A-Team in A-Team Adventures | Apr 19, 2011
- Costa Rica: Santa TeresaWe arrived in Santa Teresa just before sunset but after having a little trouble finding our villa, it was really dark by the time we eventually walked into it. The first impressions were not fantastic due to a) an Posted by Mjennemyr in The Jennemyr Family | Apr 18, 2011
- Costa Rica: La Fortuna, ArenalAfter another long trip taking us Buenos Aires - with a short stop over in Lima, Peru - to San Jose, Costa Rica we arrived around 1:30pm and were pretty exhausted, especially as it started 3:30am Argentinian time!! We were Posted by Mjennemyr in The Jennemyr Family | Apr 13, 2011
- The Land of Gringo in Tamarindo and Meditation in Montezuma From Nicaragua we crossed into Costa Rica by bus, pulling into Tamarindo near 7pm, and in the dark with our packs on we began the hunt for a place to stay. Andrew had been to Costa Rica ten years Posted by A-Team in A-Team Adventures | Apr 11, 2011
- Costa RicaReminiscent of our Bolivia Peru border crossing, we arrived at the Costa Rican border to find that it had been blockaded by protesters. However, foot traffic was still permitted and the four of us were able to walk past Posted by mwalmsle in Jess and Mike's Excellent Adventure | Apr 11, 2011
- Central America - Week 25 & 26
We left David and its little piece of paradise, Chambres en ville, early in the morning towards the border of Costa Rica. At this stage, we did not know what to Posted by lebrunfo in The travelling frogs | Apr 7, 2011
- The Best Waves for Beginning Surfers to Learn OnWhen it comes to learning how to surf, some waves are better than others. For the beginning surfer, spilling waves are the best.
Spilling waves occur when a gradually sloping ocean floor causes the wave to become steeper and steeper Posted by UvitaSurfschool in The Best Waves for Beginning Surfers to | Mar 28, 2011
- Maybe next timeWe said goodbye to the girls in San José where they both got a flight, the aussie home and the english girl onto New York for a last few days splurge before home also. Back to just Chris and I Posted by ew5827 in From Mexico to who knows where | Mar 27, 2011
- Zipping through the treesJeep-boat-jeep or rather minibus-boat-minibus took us on a wet Monday morning across from La Fortuna to Monteverde. The rain didn't let up much in Monteverde either but we still had a fantastic time.
That evening we went on a night tour Posted by ew5827 in From Mexico to who knows where | Mar 27, 2011
- Lakes, rivers, hot springs and rainRecovering from the volcano hike we had a day of nothing on Thursday, waiting for the ferry to leave Altagracia for Los Chiles...our entry into Costa Rica!
We caught the 10 hour night ferry to Los Chiles and arrived at about Posted by ew5827 in From Mexico to who knows where | Mar 27, 2011
- Tortugero National ParkDen Park mit den giftigen Spinnen, Schlangen, Froeschen und hungrigen Krokodilen und Haien haben wir ueberlebt! Ein ausfuehrlicher Bericht folgt!
Und hier ist er auch:
Costa Ricas Reichtum, so wurde uns erzaehlt und so haben wir gelesen, beruht mehr o Posted by PollyPanam in Central & South America | Mar 24, 2011
- Costa Rica - March 12 to 21Hola!
We've been on the road the last while, seeing parts of Costa Rica. What a beautiful country! The distances are small, but the conditions of the roads can make even short distances seem quite long. Like the Posted by the Greens in Greens in central america | Mar 24, 2011
- Aventura de volcan ArenalEarly in the morning I awoke to the majestic view of the active volcano, Arenal seen from my hotel room window at [[http://cas Posted by jodiincostarica in Adventure in Central America | Mar 21, 2011
- Costa RicaIch hoffe, ihr seid noch nicht muede von mir zu hoeren. Yasmine wird auch bald wieder nen Eintrag schreiben. Aber im Moment habe ich Langeweile. Und Internet umsonst. Eine toedliche Kombination, jedenfalls fuer die Nackenmuskulatur.
Wir sind mittlerwei Posted by PollyPanam in Central & South America | Mar 19, 2011
- the Rio San JuanThe last few days in Nicaragua were amazing. I think the photos probably speak for themselves, but there were a lot of things we simply weren´t able to photograph - for example, the birds! How does Marty get Posted by the Greens in Greens in central america | Mar 13, 2011