- CPI-MonteverdeHoy fue un día muy interesante aunque la mayoría del día nos lo pasamos viajando en el bus. Vimos muchos paisajes interesantes y algunas observaciones culturales. Por ejemplo, hay varias veces en las cuales se mezcla el inglés y el Posted by sandra15 in Pura Vida en Costa Rica | Jun 10, 2014
- RaftingHoy fue un día muy divertido para mí. Mi primera noche en Costa Rica fue una aventura. Nuestro cuarto en el B&B tiene ratoncitos que corrieron toda la noche por encima del techo. Traté de imaginar que eran los ratones Posted by sandra15 in Pura Vida en Costa Rica | Jun 10, 2014
- Almost There!Friends and Family,
I leave for my 2 week Costa Rican adventure in just two days! I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time! For those of you that are not aware, while I am abroad, Posted by sarahtravel12 in Costa Rica June 2014 | May 14, 2014
- Regenwald und SurferfeelingHola ihr Lieben!
Ich glaube es ist Zeit für einen neuen Eintrag...
Nach unserem doch etwas längeren Aufenthalt am Strand und einer Überdosis Reggae haben wir uns für einen Zwischenstopp in den Bergen entschieden und sind nach Monteverde gefahren. Da Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | May 2, 2014
- The Southern PeninsulaWe were dropped off at the tiny Sansa terminal at 7 AM to board our flight to Drake. The commercial Cesna only sat twelve passengers, and we could easily tap the shoulders of the pilot and co-pilot from our seats. Posted by mbeymer in Our Story | Apr 26, 2014
- Erste Woche in Costa Rica Entschuldigt bitte meine wenig literarische Blogeinträge, aber das Internet hier erlaubt mir nicht viel mehr als das, was ich so schreibe. Auch das Tablet ist zwar super praktisch, aber zum Texte tippen eher anstrengend...
Trotzdem hab ich natürlich wi Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 25, 2014
- Welcome to the JungleOur first full day in the Arenal rain forest appropriately started off with a nice deluge of rain as we joined a guide and three intrepid Australians at 7 AM for a guided three mile walk. Our guide taught us Posted by mbeymer in Our Story | Apr 23, 2014
- Reminiscing in Costa RicaCosta Rica was a bit of a blast from the past for me. Having spent 5 months there on exchange when I was 18, the prospect of reliving the adventure was certainly exciting. As was showing Brendan around some of Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Apr 23, 2014
- Semana SantaThe first stop on our tour of Costa Rica was the quaint capitol of San Jose nestled in a mountain basin occupying the central part of the country. Most people opt to skip San Jose because the capitol does not Posted by mbeymer in Our Story | Apr 20, 2014
- Costa Rica==Costa Rica==
10th Mar to 11th Mar: Travel to Costa Rica included taking a speedboat at 6am from Bocas del Toro in Panama, followed by a 10 min walk and 2 bus rides to the capital of Costa Rica, San José. Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Apr 18, 2014
- DAY ELEVEN - Wednesday April 9,2014It was a normal dawn if there is such a thing. However, the abnormality came as this was another one of those quick days to move the time from
MDT to CDT. Didn’t really bother us as Michael Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 10, 2014
- Costa Rica's Jungle - Part 2Saturated by our night hike, we still had more animals to see, including a couple that we see pretty regularly.
[img=http Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- Costa Rica's Jungle - Part 1Over four days, we went on four hikes, three of them guided. In addition to meeting more US citizens than we had since the USA, Costa Rica allowed us to see so many animals.
Top choice! We saw a black Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- Trip's EndNot much to report on the trip's end. When you don't do anything, you can't say much about it.
In Montezuma, Costa Ricka, we spent a week in a rustic cabin. (This means ants everywhere, spiderwebs in the dishes, and Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- Guest Post: Costa Rica with Dave and Katie Jahangir!I would like to tell you a bit about my family. My dad has eleven siblings, which means that I have nearly thirty cousins, ranging from kindergarten-age to mid-thirties, with me somwhere in between at 13 years old.
About a year Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Mar 25, 2014
- Costa RicaAfter all the Central American countries Costa Rica is a fair bit of culture shock.
[float=right][/float]Firstly there are no chicken buses here. You are cruising the country in quite luxury bu Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Feb 20, 2014
- FRI FEB 7 - Leaving Costa RicaON THE ROAD AGAIN
We say goodbye to Samasati, catch our bus ride with Miguel, and wind our way back to San Jose. Most of the group has decided to river raft the Pacuare River, but we need to make a Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 6, 2014
- WED FEB 5 - Zipping Along Once MoreZIP-A-DEE DO DAH, ZIP-A- DEE AY
My arms are getting to feel like jelly from all the chataranga dandasana (plank or pushup) poses but my spirit feels light. Today we go zip lining again. Having done it once, I am not Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 4, 2014
- THURS FEB 6 - Cahuita National ParkCAHUITA NATIONAL PARK
We head up the road to the National Park, a beautiful headland protected since the 1970's. The beaches are among the best along the Costa Rican Caribbean coast, and whereas all the rest of our group, elect to Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 5, 2014
- TUES FEB 4 - More AdventuresTHE JAGUAR RESCUE CENTRE
After another wonderful morning of dog stretches and sun salutations, with the howler monkeys laughing at out attempts to imitate them, we head off for the Jaguar Rescue Centre near Manzanillo. The Centre doesn't actually Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 3, 2014
- MON FEB 3 - Getting Into The FlowEARLY TO BED EARLY TO RISE
Our morning begins at 5:00 am with the tribal screams of the howler monkeys just outside. As the sun begins to emerge in the jungle the monkeys are joined by a musical arrangement of Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 2, 2014
- SAT FEB 1 - San Jose ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Today began with a ride from Hotel Guanamara in Carrillo to the Don Carlos Hotel in San Jose--a total of approximately 4 hours. It was sunny and hot when we left - approximately 34 C. Mani Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Jan 31, 2014
- Monteverde: Flight of the Quetzal[center][/center]
So by mid-December Tom had left us to fly back to the British winter he was missing so much, and we had left most of the crazies in Puerto Viejo. We first made reservat Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 6, 2014
- Costa Rica: A series of most troubling encounters
Izzie and Jim have been so kind as to let me write this blog entry, which recounts our time together in Costa Rica in December. Given full artistic license, I’d like to warn younger read Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 6, 2014
- SUN FEB 2 - Samasati Heading For the Caribbean
After a hearty breakfast - always rice and beans and eggs and fried plantain and lots of fresh fruit- we board a spiffy bus that will transport us to Puerto Viejo and our accommodation at Samasati. Posted by RDILL in Costa Rica Mexico 2014 | Feb 2, 2014