- Dubrovnik This morning we left the ship and took a shuttle into the old city of Dubrovik. We walked through the old town with beautiful streets made of polished stone. We visited churches and historic places of interest before finding a Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Apr 25, 2017
- CROATIAWe start our journey down to the town of Split via the coast road. By now Steve has mastered the car situation. (Only 1 toot today) The scenic drive is spectacular, with the mountains on one side and towns/ocean on Posted by Kandsherd in #travelling | Apr 17, 2017
- CROATIANow with car, we tackled the left-hand drive/motor way (eek 130km/hr) and trip down to Zadar. Steve did an amazing job keeping calm enough to master some bad advice from the GPS. We did travel off the beaten track Posted by Kandsherd in #travelling | Apr 12, 2017
- CROATIAWell finally we made it. After a loooooong flight we were delighted to find our accommodation in Zagreb was as described on Airbnb. It was straight out of the IKEA catalogue, which I loved- neat clean and so organised. We Posted by Kandsherd in #travelling | Apr 11, 2017
- The Walled CityDubrovnik is an impossible fairytale. As you approach it from the top of the hill, following the road that snakes down from a dizzying height, it gradually reveals itself as a group of inlets and promontories until you descend into Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Feb 16, 2017
- Days 35-39Hello everyone!
I have been a bit slack the last few days with the blog and am finally catching up here in Berlin over Thai food… as the Germans do. Get ready for a long post. Dubrovnik was a little Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Jan 3, 2017
- Croatia part 3===Dubrovnik===
The last leg of our Croatian summer holiday was to Dubrovnik. Catching the bus from Markarska, we were able to stream live the All Black's v Australia game, which kept us entertained for 40 minutes until we lost reception. Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 1, 2017
- Croatia part 2===Zadar===
From the Plitviče Lakes National Park, we continued our road trip of Croatia, heading to the Dalmatian costal town of Zadar, one of the oldest cities in Croatia, situated on the Adriatic Sea.
After a bit of a delay at getting Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 1, 2017
- Croatia part 1===Plitviče Lakes National Park===
We made our way from Slovenia to one of our must visit stops in Croatia - the Plitviče Lakes. We arrived late in the afternoon to a guest house about 30 minutes drive from the park. Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 1, 2017
- Days 33 and 34Hello everyone!
Today I am writing from King's Landing... or Dubrovnik, as it is better known. My impression is that it is very different here to anywhere we have been so far. Cass and I ended up staying awake all night Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 30, 2016
- Days 31 and 32Hello from Croatia, land of the cravat and Ivan Maric!
We spent the last day in Venice in a little bit of chaos. I finished up my last blog entry while Cass and Lachy went for breakfast, then I went off Posted by bridgeridoo in Travel blog | Dec 27, 2016
- Zagreb - The City of SquaresFrom the moment you step out of the magnificent railway station in Zagreb you realise that you are in one of the most elegant cities of Europe...
These are just some of the pa Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 7, 2016
- Dubrovnik, CroatiaWednesday, 12 October
Following the war in the 1990's Dubrovnik has been restored to its original glory. The old walled city is truly stunning and we took a coach tour to look down onto the city before heading for an extensive Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 12, 2016
- Boating in HvarHvar, along with the Plitvic Lakes, was the other crucial place I wanted to visit, mainly because of what I had read about the Pakleni islands and the natural beauty of the ocean here.... It did not disappoint and Pete Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 14, 2016
- Cycling in SplitThe drive from Plitvic to Split took us down some insanely beautiful roads, as well as roads surrounded by interest and mystery. To avoid any toll roads, we took the D1 again, this time the full length into Split. At Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 11, 2016
- Plitvic LakesOn our second full day in Croatia, we started early with breakfast on the balcony again before setting off to the famous Plitvic Lakes. This was the real reason why I had always wanted to come to Croatia, the pictures Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 10, 2016
- Arriving in ZadarWe arrived in Zadar by a super cheap RyanAir flight (£60 return!). We we met in arrivals by a representative from AutoEurope who we had booked the car through. We got the car hire for a week for £40 and Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 9, 2016
- Rijecka, CroatiaMonday 12th October
A new country for us and the very cold wet weather did not seem a very good welcome especially as we didn't come prepared for very low temperatures. We were supposed to have a scenic drive but the Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 12, 2016
- Cruising through CroatiaWe arrived in Croatia after an uneventful flight and were whisked to our accommodation which was just down the road in a cute seaside town of Cavtat. Our room was great and had an amazing view. We had a much Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Sep 16, 2016
- Overland from Tivat to Châtel After almost four great weeks in beautiful Tivat it was time to move on.
Nikki and Kevin arrived home the previous evening. They had a busy few days in front of them as they were moving to a new apartment. Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Aug 27, 2016
- Don't let us down, italyLeaving the hilly camp, we said goodbye to our nice German neighbours and goodbye to the rudest people we have met in 14 months. They were again Germans but needed all the space available, caravanners as well! As we Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 19, 2016
- Boat trip tomorrow We knew that wherever we travelled in the Peak season would get expensive but as we travelled further down Croatia the sites have become less frequent and much more expensive. We travelled past Split that we had visited 10ish Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 16, 2016
- Krka National Park We aimed for another National Park that had a couple of sites nearby and found a friendly one with a pool, they also ran excursions to the waterfalls which included lunch and a bit more sightseeing than we could manage Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 15, 2016
- TisnoMoving south again we spotted a number of sites right on the rocky beaches and enquired of prices, most a little over the top for the facilities on offer and we needed to do the laundry.
We got to a point Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 14, 2016
- What I have learnt today, Saturday The Dalmatian coast is not only speckled with islands but also has calving pieces of land about to break free of the mainland. This usually give two bays facing opposite each other, sometimes one or both become harbours, man has Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 10, 2016