- The Museum of Broken RelationshipsIt's the only private museum in Zagreb, Croatia, but just follow the signs like you would for any other site...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/Budapest_Zagreb_Spli Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Nov 12, 2013
- Plitvice to Zagreb to Dubrovnik - travel dayWe spent the day travelling - taxi van to Zagreb, and several trips on the shuttle bus between the bus station and the airport - we had a lot of time to kill before our late flight to Dubrovnik so Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 11, 2013
- Oh, it's all beautiful!
[img Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 9, 2013
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, CroatiaWe bussed from Zagreb to the hotel we're staying at by the park and enjoyed starting to explore the National Park. We're planning a big day (complete with picnic) there tomorrow.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/634262/35C5460C2219AC68176A4BB153 Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 8, 2013
- Northern Croatia[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Croatia photos]]
The final component of my journey through the Western Balkans with Danish Nadia was to Plitvice Lakes National Park and Zagreb in Northern Croatia. When we Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Oct 26, 2013
- Dalmatian Islands[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Croatia photos]]
The prospect of travelling to islands anywhere in the world always seems to inspire and allure people. Why is that though? Let us consider Croatia, to anal Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Oct 24, 2013
- Dalmatia: Mainland[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Photos of Croatia]]
Croatia boasts one of Europe’s most spectacular natural landscapes: the Dalmatian Coast. Nadia and I ventured to Dalmatia and spent one week hopping bet Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Oct 15, 2013
- Dubrovnik, Montenegro and looking back on CroatiaWe arrived in Dubrovnik on Thursday and settled in to our apartment in the old town. After attending to some mundane tasks - grocery shopping and laundry - we began to explore this ancient walled town. Whether you Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 9, 2013
- Croatia part oneTrogir is an island connected by bridges on both sides to the mainland. Sardines were on the menu for lunch today for Doug which he enjoyed a great deal. He remembered having them in Yugoslavia in the early Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Oct 8, 2013
- Sailing the Croatian CoastlineI spent most of August in Croatia. I started out with sailing the coastline on a small cruise ship, and then finished off with 10 days on the beautiful island of Hvar. I had so many wonderful experiences that I Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Oct 7, 2013
- The Road to Bosnia...I (and perhaps you) thought that Bosnia was a land locked country. I was wrong. There is a 10 km swath of Bosnian territory that extends down to the Adriatic and divides Croatia . This territory was originally Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 4, 2013
- A Two Ferry DayWhen the tour leaders candidly admitted that today's climb was the most challenging yet, I was more than a touch nervous about starting today's ride. However, the first step was to take a 15 minute ferry ride from Korcula Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 1, 2013
- Rained outThis morning we woke to pouring rain along with thunder and lightening. It had cleared a little by noon but the suggested cycling routes were significantly shortened given the condition of the roads.
Given a lazy start to the day, Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Off the bicyclesThere was no biking today. Our luggage and bicycles were packed into the van and taken (by a circuitous route that involved 3 ferries) to the island of Korcula. The logistics of this trip are challenging for our tour Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Island hopping
This morning we, our luggage and bicycles were loaded on to a private ferry for a one hour trip to the island of Hvar (pronounced "Phar").
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/DSCN1124.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/thumb Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Are we there yet? It was only 38 km but with 800 m of climbing, I thought that it would never end. It was not only hot but also humid with very little breeze. The route took us "up and over" the island of Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- A day on our ownWe will be staying in Postira for a second night so the ride today was really what one felt like doing. Several loops and destinations were suggested. We chose to climb up to see the Brac Museum in Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Cycle, cruise, walk, cruise, cycleFatigue and numerous technical difficulties have meant that I am 5 blogs behind. I will be publishing them one after another. So...
Today's journey involved several modes of transportation.
We began by cycling from Trogir to Kastle Sucurac just outsi Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Zagreb to TriesteTrip from Zagreb involved very early start to wake up, pack, catch taxi in time for the 5.30 am bus
Welcome to Slovenia
Zagreb to Trieste
The bus trip from Zagreb to Trieste involved crossing (but not touching) Slovenia.
Croatia joined EU Posted by jenalan7 in Adriatic Journey | Sep 25, 2013
- From island of Korcula to DubrovnikIt was my boyfriend's idea.. :)
We took the car drive the same day later in the evening from Dubrovnik, over the fantastic peninsula of Peljesac and crossed the channel with a ferry to the island of Korcula. As Posted by MarcyDubrovnik in From island of Korcula to Dubrovnik | Sep 25, 2013
- A hot and gruelling dayWe had been warned that today would involve a "few" steep climbs". One such climb would have been one too many. Still, we managed to complete the day under our own power and so consider it a success.
The Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 24, 2013
- On the Road to Primosten If every day is like this one, we will have a wonderful cycling trip!
We left Skradin just before 10am after the inaugural safety briefing. The only steep climb of the day - about 4 km of switch backs Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 24, 2013
- Arrivaderci Roma... Dobro dosli CroatiaYesterday we flew from Rome to Split, Croatia. Through a series of delays, we did not arrive at our hotel in Split until almost 11 pm. The hotel was located in the 'old city' and being Saturday night Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 22, 2013
- ZagrebZagreb is a picturesque, lovely city. Very walkable and much more affordable than London. Coffee and beer are both good as are the Croatian wines.
Saturday was most perfect weather. Saw some interesting monuments and a museum devoted to the contents Posted by jenalan7 in Adriatic Journey | Sep 14, 2013
- Croatia - Fourth stop: DubrovnikDubrovnik has long been the jewel of the Dalmatian coast. It is one of those "must visit" places and sure wouldn't miss it on our first trip to Croatia. So, when booking our flights, we booked the returning flight departing Posted by danics in World Away | Sep 10, 2013