- Zagreb - The City of SquaresFrom the moment you step out of the magnificent railway station in Zagreb you realise that you are in one of the most elegant cities of Europe...
These are just some of the pa Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 7, 2016
- Dubrovnik, CroatiaWednesday, 12 October
Following the war in the 1990's Dubrovnik has been restored to its original glory. The old walled city is truly stunning and we took a coach tour to look down onto the city before heading for an extensive Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 12, 2016
- Boating in HvarHvar, along with the Plitvic Lakes, was the other crucial place I wanted to visit, mainly because of what I had read about the Pakleni islands and the natural beauty of the ocean here.... It did not disappoint and Pete Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 14, 2016
- Cycling in SplitThe drive from Plitvic to Split took us down some insanely beautiful roads, as well as roads surrounded by interest and mystery. To avoid any toll roads, we took the D1 again, this time the full length into Split. At Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 11, 2016
- Plitvic LakesOn our second full day in Croatia, we started early with breakfast on the balcony again before setting off to the famous Plitvic Lakes. This was the real reason why I had always wanted to come to Croatia, the pictures Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 10, 2016
- Arriving in ZadarWe arrived in Zadar by a super cheap RyanAir flight (£60 return!). We we met in arrivals by a representative from AutoEurope who we had booked the car through. We got the car hire for a week for £40 and Posted by Libbytes in Mini tour of Croatia | May 9, 2016
- Rijecka, CroatiaMonday 12th October
A new country for us and the very cold wet weather did not seem a very good welcome especially as we didn't come prepared for very low temperatures. We were supposed to have a scenic drive but the Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Oct 12, 2016
- Cruising through CroatiaWe arrived in Croatia after an uneventful flight and were whisked to our accommodation which was just down the road in a cute seaside town of Cavtat. Our room was great and had an amazing view. We had a much Posted by nzdora in The big OE (Orsome Europe) | Sep 16, 2016
- Overland from Tivat to Châtel After almost four great weeks in beautiful Tivat it was time to move on.
Nikki and Kevin arrived home the previous evening. They had a busy few days in front of them as they were moving to a new apartment. Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Aug 27, 2016
- Don't let us down, italyLeaving the hilly camp, we said goodbye to our nice German neighbours and goodbye to the rudest people we have met in 14 months. They were again Germans but needed all the space available, caravanners as well! As we Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 19, 2016
- Boat trip tomorrow We knew that wherever we travelled in the Peak season would get expensive but as we travelled further down Croatia the sites have become less frequent and much more expensive. We travelled past Split that we had visited 10ish Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 16, 2016
- Krka National Park We aimed for another National Park that had a couple of sites nearby and found a friendly one with a pool, they also ran excursions to the waterfalls which included lunch and a bit more sightseeing than we could manage Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 15, 2016
- TisnoMoving south again we spotted a number of sites right on the rocky beaches and enquired of prices, most a little over the top for the facilities on offer and we needed to do the laundry.
We got to a point Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 14, 2016
- What I have learnt today, Saturday The Dalmatian coast is not only speckled with islands but also has calving pieces of land about to break free of the mainland. This usually give two bays facing opposite each other, sometimes one or both become harbours, man has Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 10, 2016
- Plitvicka Jezera The Plitvicka Jereza National Park is huge and we had a hundred mile drive through cultivated high alpine valleys to get to a site that was close enough to the main attraction. This is the falls, consisting of 16 terraced Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 8, 2016
- Fan DetourI have had a couple of swims in the Adriatic, it's great when the sea temp is up to 27°, I've decided it will be part of my new fitness regime, sea swim then in the beach bar for a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 8, 2016
- We have arrived in ParadiseBeautiful 45 minute ferry trip from Split to the island of Brać. This was never on our plans so a totally unplanned experience - the beauty of travel on the go.
We have got used to booking our Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 6, 2016
- Kayaking, Eating Too Much, Football and its HOTWe booked a day’s sea kayak adventure two nights ago and arranged to be picked up this morning by a company called Red Adventure. Life of a traveller in 2016 is so easy compared with my backpacking days. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 5, 2016
- The Great Dalmatian Coast RoadOur plans have changed slightly as getting to Split in one day is too far so it's onto the coastal town of Zadar. It has been rated European Destination for 2016 so our plan is to stop for one night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/825019/FO4A9610 Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 3, 2016
- Born to be Wild! ==Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way
Today was all about picking up the car, getting out of Zagreb and driving to Pula in a manual left hand drive car and driving on Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 30, 2016
- Island hop day tripWe headed down to the waterfront to find Toto’s Tour office to start an Island Hop Tour. After purchasing a couple of overpriced hats and some sunscreen we boarded a RIB. Moments later we were barreling across the Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 21, 2016
- Exploring SplitAfter breakfast we headed out to explore the city somewhat. We happened across Bacvice which is the only sandy beach in split and enjoyed a cold drink at the bar overlooking the beach before wetting our toes in the Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 16, 2016
- Budapest to SplitWanting to get a picture of the night cityscape we awoke a little after midnight and headed down to the Danube. We had just clicked off 10 - 15 pictures of the parliament building, while adjusting the settings on Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 16, 2016
- Dubrovnik[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012100 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- Hvar[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012092 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016