- Day 2 in Europe==Croatia==
From Rome to Croatia the travel distance is 9 hours and 6 minutes by car. Croatia covers 56,594 square kilometers (21,851 square miles) and has diverse, mostly continental and Mediterranean climates. [u]Croatia's Adriat Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 26, 2016
- Day 23 to 30: The idyllic islands of Croatia!8 May – Barcelona to Dubrovnik
Well today will go down in history as one of the most substantial planning fails of my life!
This morning I’m heading to Dubrovnik to join my 7-night Katarina Line boat trip around the idyllic islands Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 25, 2016
- Splitting the Day in Croatia
Roman carvings adapted to be part of the decoration of a Christian church (formerly the Roman Emperor Diocletian's tomb)
O Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 4, 2016
- Roman AroundAs always happens, our trip is drawing to a close. We still have to drive back from Dubrovnik to Venice to drop off the car and fly home. After our first drive, we had decided to cut the Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 3, 2016
- Dubrovnik: Worth Waiting Two Decades For!
Me on Dubrovnik, Croatia's medieval walls
For decades I had been wanting to see Dubrovnik. This fortified, medieval seapo Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 1, 2016
- Doin' DubrovnikSome days, things just work out. Our plan for today was to walk the walls of Dubrovnik's old town. When we got up, the skies were cloudy. I know we could see the city in any weather. Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 1, 2016
- Driving Down Dalmatia
Croatia's gorgeous coastline along the Adriatic Sea, facing Italy
With cheap air fare to Venice, and The Croatian border o Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 30, 2016
- On the road again...The main reason for this trip is to see Croatia. We picked up our rental car at the Venice airport. With Mike as the navigator and me in the driver's seat, we hit the road.
Our first Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 29, 2016
- CroatiaOn the way to Croatia via Austria
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by ChrisTravels in Europe 2015 | Dec 22, 2015
- Champagne and cheese for everyoneOur. Last. Week. Ending a long trip is rather like graduating from high school. No, it's exactly like graduating from high school. You spend so long coasting from fun event to fun event, meeting challenges and new friends, and then Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 21, 2015
- Cush life in CroatiaGina and I have assumed the lifestyle of lazy house cats. Which is quite nice really, as we are mentally exhausted from months of change and excitement. Plus Dalia just makes it so easy. If you sit down for more Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 18, 2015
- Are Dalmatians from Dalmatia? Mirjana was in a flurry of cooking before the sun was even up. Siniša, Klara and Bruno were due in that night and the nona (grandma) in her was in overdrive. Since she had a lot on her plate Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 16, 2015
- Delving into Dalmatia
Even though it is a small country, Croatia's different regions are as distinct from one another as America's. In Križevci the weather had been gray and foggy, the houses Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 13, 2015
- Croatian ThanksgivingAmericans have a broader culinary palette than we are given credit for, but I think we can all agree that generally, we are used to our food not having a face. The only thing that might make it to a Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas ZagrebZagreb is a highly underrated city. She's like the forgotten little sister of Vienna--slightly less fancy perhaps but still with her share of charm and history. Zagreb is the capital of Croatia (Croatia in Croatian is Hrvatska, incidentally, "her-VAHT-ska Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 8, 2015
- Welcome to Croatia, are you hungry?Whatever you are doing, drop it now and go to Croatia. It's just the best. Maybe I'm biased, because we are half Croatian and it is easy and delightful to connect with heritage here. Or maybe it is because the Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 4, 2015
Can't believe I've been here a week. Had to ask someone what day it was, he didn't know either. It's as if time has become irrelevant, or at the very least, a distraction. Buses from the Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 29, 2015
- Bapska, Croatia
The flood shows no signs of ebbing. Been twice now to the border crossing into Serbia. The first time was two day ago. Before the police began
putting restrictions o Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 26, 2015
We're told, conditions in Serbia are even more desperate.
Headed today to the villiage of Bapska where we hope to walk with blankets and food st Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 22, 2015
- Refugee Camp / Opatovac, Croatia
Arrived at the camp two days ago. Already I've witnessed signs of both monumental suffering, as well as the remarkable resiliency
of the human spirit. This place is re Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 22, 2015
- Dubrovnik===06 October 2015===
As we drove from Mostar towards the coast, the grey clouds seemed to follow us for just a short while. The closer we got and after passing through a long tunnel, we emerged on the other side Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 18, 2015
- Kuterevo Bear RefugeFor the past 10 days we have been volunteering at the Kuterevo Bear Refuge.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Oct 17, 2015
- Plitvice Lakes National Park and Trogir===02 October 2015
We had heard so much about the Plitvice Lakes National Park and since we decided, due to time constraints, to skip Lake Bled. we made it happen. It was a quick one night stay, which we don't Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 14, 2015
- On to CroatiaI know you've all been waiting breathlessly to find out if we got to Zagreb. Well.....yes, we did but not without a hiccup.
I'll take you back. It was just about 0550 am when we got Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 13, 2015
- heading back to holland
Well it is official I have bites coming up everywhere, they drove me crazy last night at 1.30am k was in the bathroom running my arms under the coldest water I could get. After some sleep we got up and Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Oct 12, 2015