- Peer Pressure at 66: River Rafting in Croatia
We all know about the peer pressure kids are under, especially teenagers. This morning I succumbed to peer pressure from several of the cyclists, on this trip, to do the optional river Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 4, 2012
- Cycle Day 5
Hello dear hearts:
Today we sailed away at 7:00 am , back to Havar, to cycle the southern route. Moving out at sunrise was magnificent and my photo does not do justice to the beauty. Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 3, 2012
- Cycle Day 4 Korcula
Last night and this morning we had a thunder and lightening storm that was unlike anything I have ever experienced. It lit up the world, and the sound of thunder, directly overhead, was Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 2, 2012
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, CroatiaSome people on the tour had been here before and specifically wanted to return.
I enjoyed it very much, but after all the talk about the "wild forrest" and being from Colorado, I was expecting something a little more remote.
The lakes Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Split, CroatiaThe drive along the Adriatic from Dubrovnik to Croatia was spectacular.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Farmland_Delta_2.jpg Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- A Swim in the AdriaticA beautiful drive from Split to Plitvice National Park.
I had wanted to sea kayak in the Adriatic in Dubrovnik, but I chickened out when I thought the water was too choppy and I wouldn't be able to manage it. I Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- DubrovnickTime to leave Albania - I think the hosts are quite ready to see us go.
A slightly bad start at 7 AM when we learn the bus driver needs a typed, printed list of all passengers and their passport numbers Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Cheetah and the TurtleNext Quiz:
When riding up a 10 km route on a mountain road that has an elevation gain of 650 meters plus an additional elevation gain of 200 meters at a 10 % grade for 2 km, guess who Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 1, 2012
- Cycling Day 2Hello again,
Today, we spent most of the day on the Island of Hvar, starting out in the town of Stari Grad. This Island is highly interesting as stone age people once lived here. Under the town is a Roman Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 30, 2012
- Cycling Day 1PS so sorry, but no photos tonight. The wifi is satellite and I will need to find a different way to upload my photos. It times out before I can load one photo. But tomorrow, I am sure I can Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 29, 2012
- Michael's Birthday
Micheal, how would you like this fellow's job, standing guard at the Vatican? I think you saw him when you and Mom were in Italy in July.
On the 28th, my Gr Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 28, 2012
- Final Night in Dubrovnik
Greetings dear friends and family
I was not able to write last night as the wifi was not working and I arrived home late from a concert so seeking out another spot was not an alternative. Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 28, 2012
- This One is For Jenn
Jenn was right! It was not a good Idea to travel with carry-on, but not for the reasons she extolled, which was taking up space in the overhead bins.
Take now for instance. It is 7:45 pm, Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 26, 2012
- The Jewel of the Mediterranean
First of all, let me thank you for your comments and emails. You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking the time to write and how important the connection is th Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 25, 2012
- Adventure to the East, East Europe.Du-bro-v-nik, Dub-rov-nik, hm, Ly-jub-li-an-a, Ju-bli-a-na. Urgh.....Zebra, no, Zegrab, na, Zagreb.
I went to these places that I hadn't even heard of in my entire life, had no idea where they are, didn't know what language they speak, didn't know what Posted by doleesi in Not everyone who wanders is lost | Sep 23, 2012
- Camping CroatiaOdometer Check: 11,059 kms
Overnight Stays: Prosika; Plitvice; Sibinj; Stara Baška (2 nights)
DW - Two (2) weeks in Croatia just isn't enough, well at least not for us. And there isn't a day goes by (nearly a month on) that Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Sep 21, 2012
- Australian invasion in Croatia.After a couple of days in London to celebrate my gorgeous friend Penny's birthday it was back on the big metal plane across to Split, Croatia.
Arriving in Split the weather was gorgeous and the sun was shining. The old city Posted by Rosie Anderson in Inked travel musings | Sep 15, 2012
- Croatia: StonHad a good sleep - slowly getting over the jet lag, although we suspect the wine with the meals is having something to do with it. Went downstairs to a breakfast Dubravko had prepared for us. He knew Posted by orevco in Colin and Lisa | Sep 4, 2012
- Dubrovnik/Vodice/Trogir/RijekaYou have to drive through 7km of Bosnia to get to Dubrovnik, unless you want to catch a ferry. They don´t even want to see your passport, and one way they wouldn´t even look at us when we stopped, and Posted by CosmicSensation in Euro Trip 2012 | Sep 12, 2012
- Zagreb/Zadar/SplitWe stayed in Zagreb, the captial for one night. We thought we would be coming back through on the way back up the coast so we didn´t actually take any pictures. From what I remember it was a nice city, Posted by CosmicSensation in Euro Trip 2012 | Sep 12, 2012
- HvarOdometer Check: 10,427 kms
Overnight Stays: Vira (7 nights)
DW - Sitting smooth in Split, fresh off EOS, our home for the past week, we wondered what was next; how could we possibly top that?! So we sat for a few hours, Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Sep 12, 2012
- Croatia: Dubrovnik to OskorusnoFree bus transfer to Gatwick to get our connecting flight to Dubrovnik at 8:45am. Managed to get us and our bags on the plane this time and 2 hours and 40 minutes later we landed in Dubrovnik – beautiful day, Posted by orevco in Colin and Lisa | Sep 3, 2012
- Sailing CroatiaSailing Croatia - All The 'S's' You Can Imagine
Odometer Check: 10,402 kms (Betsy parked in Split)
Overnight Stays: Makarska; Mijet; Dubrovnik; Trstenik; Korcula; Hvar; Split
DW - Sailing, swimming, sunbaking, snorkelling, sipping, snoozing, what m Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Sep 9, 2012
- Sightseeing in DubrovnikAfter our "day off" yesterday, we were anxious to get back to sightseeing today. I got up at sunrise to go out and take pictures in the old town. The lighting was perfect and there were no crowds Posted by klew4u in Katie & Taylor's Eastern Europe Trip | Sep 2, 2012
- Day off in DubrovnikWe arrived yesterday evening in Dubrovnik after a long day of travel. Dubrovnik, called the "pearl of the Adriatic", is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Croatia. The old town is enclosed by stone walls, a Posted by klew4u in Katie & Taylor's Eastern Europe Trip | Sep 1, 2012