- The Land of Cats and Butterflies
==Day 1 and 2
We flew into the airport of the capital Zagreb where we picked up our hire car to start our 2 week croatian road trip. We didn't spend anytime in Zagreb as we were keen to get Posted by rdroadtrippers in Driving on the other side | Aug 4, 2013
- Istrian Hill Towns, Piran, Caves, and Castles
Our plan today was to visit a series of Istrian (EE-stree-ah) hilltowns, highlighed by Motovun (moh-toh-VOON) and Groznjan (grohzh-NYAHN). After these towns we planned to pass into the Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 2, 2013
- Rovinj and Pula
Our plan today was to visit Pula (POO-lah) in the morning and spend the afternoon and evening in Rovinj (roh-VEEN).
[[https://www.google.com/search?q=pula+coliseum&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo= Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 1, 2013
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
Our plan today was take an early drive to Plitvice (PLEET-veet-seh) Lakes to hike the lakes, and then take a long drive to Rovinj and stay the night.
[[https://www.google.com/search?q= Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- Split and Trogir
Our plan today was to take an early morning ferry from Hvar to Split. After walking around Split for the morning and afternoon we planned to pick up our rental car and visit and stay in Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- A day in Kings Landing (Or for the non-nerds - Dubrovnik)=="Come with me and take this city!" - Stannis Baratheon==
===As promised we headed back to our favourite place in Hvar for lunch before we caught the Cat Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 31, 2013
- Croatia calling ...
After the blissful nature experience of Slovenia, we weren't quite sure what to expect of North Croatia (the Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jul 30, 2013
- Birthday Boating in the Pakleni Islands=="Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest" – By Larry Lorenzoni==
===For my birthday voyage we put together a delicious picnic, complete with meat burrek (spiced mince) Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 30, 2013
- Vis Island, scratch that Hvar Island
Today we planned to take a boat tour from Hvar harbor to some beaches and towns on Vis Island, and to some sea caves on small islands just offshore of Vis.
Didn't happen. We had our 3 Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 29, 2013
- Islands in the sun==Carpe Diem - Seize the day! - Quintus Horatius Flaccus==
===With a limited amount of money to spend (see below for reason), and feeling very hungry we chose pasta and beef thai salad at Carpe Diem Club for lunch. Food Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 29, 2013
- Birthday week begins in Hvar=="Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you" - Walt Whitman ==
===Not a foodie but a beer moment today, and im not eve Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 29, 2013
- Crazy Canyoning - Croatia style!=="Life is either a great adventure or nothing."- Helen Keller==
===Situated with only the Adriatic sea separating Croatia and Italy, Split has many Italian influences, especially in regards to food. There are as many pizza Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 28, 2013
- Split[ting] hairs on the definition of a beach?! =="I brought sand to the beach 'cos my beach is better.
You can keep ya beach 'cos that beach whatever." - Jay Z==
===Tired of walking, we found a restaurant close to our apartment which looked popular called [b]Bistro Toc[ Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 28, 2013
- Hvar and the Pakleni Islands
Our plan today was to take an early morning ferry to Hvar and explore the town, and in the later afternoon catch a water taxi to the Palenki Islands for some beach time.
[[https://www. Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 27, 2013
- Hmmm.. we may need to 'Split' this bill.....
===Our first taste of Croatian food was good. A cheese burek for lunch was a quick tasty snack. For dinner was an ok seafood risotto and a new delicious mea Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 27, 2013
- 15 Years
Posted by DareBecca in Dare Becca | Jul 22, 2013
- It's all Greek to me..."There are two kinds of people - Greeks, and everyone else who wish they was Greek."- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
On day 4 of our cruise, we docked in Piraeus, the port of Athens. The lady at the information Posted by lsto90 in EUROnly Young Once | Jul 20, 2013
- Europe, Summer 20139th July
Across the border from Montenegro, we entered Croatia by bus late morning, arriving into the coastal town of Dubrovnik by midday. The trip along the coast gave us wonderful views of the azure waters of the Adriatic and then Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 20, 2013
- Europe, Summer 20139th July
Across the border from Montenegro, we entered Croatia by bus late morning, arriving into the coastal town of Dubrovnik by midday. The trip along the coast gave us wonderful views of the azure waters of the Adriatic and then Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 13, 2013
- The Croatian Crawl
Meeting Shelly and Pete in Split was a special moment. We laughed and cried all at once then headed off for coffee and a market to buy some local produce. Croatian ham and cheese very good ! We sampled Posted by Pips trip in A new adventure | Jul 10, 2013
- Ohmom For those of you who don't know, which would probably be the majority, my roommates (Addie and Laura), Hannah (one of the other CSB interns who lives in Mostar), and I went to Croatia last weekend. Our original plan had Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jun 25, 2013
- A Day in the LifeMy average day
Wake up 8AM
Walk ten minutes to work along the harbor stopping to say hello to everyone on the way, because everyone here knows everything about everyone here. One big family.
Load the boat.
1st dive boat dive
Swim, Posted by kevinmykal in Euro Bum | Jun 24, 2013
- ArrivalJune 1
Sailing into Vela Luka on the ferry bow is a bit like sailing into a post card. It’s hard to imagine such an idyll view actually exists. This perception only intensifies as I walk the streets in Posted by kevinmykal in Euro Bum | Jun 24, 2013
- Dubrovnik, CroatiaDay two we landed in Dubrovnik (doo-BROV-nik). We planned to use the next two days to relax and sightsee here.
[[https://www.google.com/search?q=dubrovnik&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lOCWUb-iPOeOiAKcn4C4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1280&bih= Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jun 23, 2013
- En route to our Adriatic adventure.Today we are flying into Dubrovnik, Croatia, via stopovers in Houston and Frankfurt Germany.
Right now we are sitting in the Houston airport.
I'm thinking back to our last European trip to Italy. It was a really fun trip, but sometimes we Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jun 22, 2013