- KovačevThe trip i've been looking forward to, since the beginning! Finally i am here and my "host" picks me up on a rainy day from the bus terminal! I was here in Zagreb before, and i didn't like it. But Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Apr 29, 2014
- Day Twenty-four - Split, CroatiaSplit is our last port in Croatia, the only country we visit that does not accept the euro. So, one of today's goals is to spend the kuna!
Here are the city gates
[i Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 24, 2014
- Day Twenty-three - Korcula, CroatiaKorcula is an island that is off the coast of mainland Croatia. Although our day was overcast, we did not encounter any rain.
The main town is very small. It is possible that Marco Polo was born here. Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 24, 2014
- Day Twenty-two - Dubrovnik, CroatiaMy heart sank as we awoke to another morning of very heavy fog.
Visiting Dubrovn Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 23, 2014
- Episode 17: Dubrovnik to MakarskaEpisode 17: Dubrovnik to Makarska
A wee remininscence, azure waters, nibbly fish
I first visited Makarska (Croatia) in 1966 when I was 16 years old (yes…go ahead and do the calculations). The reason for the visit wa Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Mar 11, 2014
- Peljasac Peninsula and Korcula
Today the plan was to hire a driver in Mostar (Alma's husband Ermin) to drive us back into Croatia to the vineyards of the Peljasac (PEHL-yah-shahts) Peninsula, and to stop in the Bosnian Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- Episode 16: Podgorica to DubrovnikEpisode 16: Podgorica to Dubrovnik
Azure sea, Ferrets and Cats
I know I am going to sound like a 13 year old nerd with braces who gets excited about the Mario Brothers video game, but the best adjective Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Dec 12, 2013
- Hrvatska (Croatian for Croatia. Yep)
Over the years we had heard of all our friends sailing around Croatia. Of course we wanted to jump on the bandwagon as by all accounts it is stunning. Unfortunately Autumn is not the best Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Dec 11, 2013
- The Museum of Broken RelationshipsIt's the only private museum in Zagreb, Croatia, but just follow the signs like you would for any other site...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/556630/Budapest_Zagreb_Spli Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Nov 12, 2013
- Plitvice to Zagreb to Dubrovnik - travel dayWe spent the day travelling - taxi van to Zagreb, and several trips on the shuttle bus between the bus station and the airport - we had a lot of time to kill before our late flight to Dubrovnik so Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 11, 2013
- Oh, it's all beautiful!
[img Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 9, 2013
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, CroatiaWe bussed from Zagreb to the hotel we're staying at by the park and enjoyed starting to explore the National Park. We're planning a big day (complete with picnic) there tomorrow.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/634262/35C5460C2219AC68176A4BB153 Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 8, 2013
- Northern Croatia[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Croatia photos]]
The final component of my journey through the Western Balkans with Danish Nadia was to Plitvice Lakes National Park and Zagreb in Northern Croatia. When we Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 26, 2013
- Dalmatian Islands[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Croatia photos]]
The prospect of travelling to islands anywhere in the world always seems to inspire and allure people. Why is that though? Let us consider Croatia, to anal Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 24, 2013
- Dalmatia: Mainland[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Croatia/|Photos of Croatia]]
Croatia boasts one of Europe’s most spectacular natural landscapes: the Dalmatian Coast. Nadia and I ventured to Dalmatia and spent one week hopping bet Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 15, 2013
- Dubrovnik, Montenegro and looking back on CroatiaWe arrived in Dubrovnik on Thursday and settled in to our apartment in the old town. After attending to some mundane tasks - grocery shopping and laundry - we began to explore this ancient walled town. Whether you Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 9, 2013
- Croatia part oneTrogir is an island connected by bridges on both sides to the mainland. Sardines were on the menu for lunch today for Doug which he enjoyed a great deal. He remembered having them in Yugoslavia in the early Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Oct 8, 2013
- Sailing the Croatian CoastlineI spent most of August in Croatia. I started out with sailing the coastline on a small cruise ship, and then finished off with 10 days on the beautiful island of Hvar. I had so many wonderful experiences that I Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Oct 7, 2013
- The Road to Bosnia...I (and perhaps you) thought that Bosnia was a land locked country. I was wrong. There is a 10 km swath of Bosnian territory that extends down to the Adriatic and divides Croatia . This territory was originally Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 4, 2013
- A Two Ferry DayWhen the tour leaders candidly admitted that today's climb was the most challenging yet, I was more than a touch nervous about starting today's ride. However, the first step was to take a 15 minute ferry ride from Korcula Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 1, 2013
- Rained outThis morning we woke to pouring rain along with thunder and lightening. It had cleared a little by noon but the suggested cycling routes were significantly shortened given the condition of the roads.
Given a lazy start to the day, Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Off the bicyclesThere was no biking today. Our luggage and bicycles were packed into the van and taken (by a circuitous route that involved 3 ferries) to the island of Korcula. The logistics of this trip are challenging for our tour Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Island hopping
This morning we, our luggage and bicycles were loaded on to a private ferry for a one hour trip to the island of Hvar (pronounced "Phar").
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/DSCN1124.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/thumb Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Are we there yet? It was only 38 km but with 800 m of climbing, I thought that it would never end. It was not only hot but also humid with very little breeze. The route took us "up and over" the island of Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- A day on our ownWe will be staying in Postira for a second night so the ride today was really what one felt like doing. Several loops and destinations were suggested. We chose to climb up to see the Brac Museum in Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013