- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)• Up early in anticipation of free/included buffet breakfast
• Sherrie goes to brush teeth
• Has hard time poking head thru Amy’s clothing
• Finds sink and is careful not to baptize Amy’s clothing with Colgate
• Down to the feast
• Yogurt, crepes, eg Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2012 | Jun 13, 2013
- Belgrade (Serbia) to Zagreb (Croatia)• Sent Amy for car - no one else knew where it was
• Annette settled the bill - she insisted she was a good mathematician so Amy and Sherrie gave her the job of converting dinars to US dollars (divide by 10).
• Annette Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2012 | Jun 13, 2013
- Dubrovnik July 24==Day 1==
Initially we couldn't decide whether we wanted to stay here longer than a day and in the end we decided that a day would suffice. We wanted to spend day two relaxing on a beach but we figured Posted by oliviiaaaaaaa in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 10, 2013
- CroatiaWe started our time in Croatia in Zagreb, and even though it was raining we still managed to enjoy some amazing sites.
Had a tour through the historic section, and a day trip into the country side to visit Tito's house, Posted by Seanjo in Eastern european adventure | Jun 8, 2013
- The Walls of DubrovnikThe walls of Dubrovnik, once impregnable, are now penetrated daily by thousands of invaders from around the planet. They come armed, not with their guns but with their Gucci. Not with their cannon but with their cameras. Plundering the city Posted by Unwrapping in Unravelling the World | May 31, 2013
- ZagrebThis morning we woke to another cloudy day. We had breakfast and met outside the hotel at 8.15am. The one night stopovers are really tiring. We've only had two places since starting our Croatian Tour where we've been in one Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 29, 2013
- OsijekThe city of Sarajevo lies on a plain surrounded by hills on parallel sides. During the Serbian - Bosnian War the citizens were attacked by Serb forces from the hills on either side. The main street in the middle of Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 28, 2013
- DubrovnikWe slept in this morning until 7.30am - heaven! Between 9 and 10 hours sleep, we woke this morning to the sound of rain and thunder. We had a slow morning and at roughly 11.30am we caught the local bus Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 26, 2013
- DubrovnikUp and off early this morning at 8.30am. For a new hotel, the Hotel Katarina is yet to perfect the operation of the Dining Room. The food last night was average at best, like me cooking on a bad night. Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 25, 2013
- Zadar is my Ziel I was really quite sad to leave the house and was determined that i would come back again in the summer as i wanted to just hang and swim in the beaches again :)
I made my way to Trogir where Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | May 28, 2013
- Spliting for Split ! I was really excited to Hitch again after my past success...this was going to be my hardest hitch as it was crossing two countries.
It was an easy walk to the start point though as Mostar was so small. My Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | May 28, 2013
- SplitA good sleep last night - a comfortable bed. We left at 8.30am It's been raining this morning but is clearing up already. We're now travelling in a southerly direction on our way to Split. The area in Croatia Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 24, 2013
- PlitviceAfter breakfast this morning we wheeled our bags down to Reception and met the members of our tour. I haven't actually counted them but I think we have 25 people in our group - so obviously a big bus. We Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 23, 2013
- ZagrebEven though we'd been warned that the weather would take a turn for the worse today, we woke this morning to a clear sky - and lovely weather. A 9-10 hour sleep had done wonders and after a late breakfast, Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 22, 2013
- ZagrebNot enough sleep last night - a late night and an early morning - 5.15am! We were ready this morning with our bags packed at 6.30am, hopped in our taxi and headed to the airport for our flight to Vienna Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 21, 2013
- Croatia!Stacey and I headed to Zadar and Split in Croatia for the weekend and we lovedddd it. We both recommend it and it's one of my new favorite places. I can't wait to go back and hit up Dubrovnik, another Posted by meghann922 in Deutschland y Mas | Apr 27, 2013
- CroatiaSaturday 27 April 2013 - early
We have a late start today - 8.30 am - so have time for a quick update. We arrived in Zagreb, capital of Croatia, on Wednesday after a couple of days in Vienna. Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 26, 2013
- Bohemian Trek - CroatiaA testament to the friendliness of the Croatian coast locals –I asked a passerby where the Split Hostel was (after I had already done several laps of the square without success).. he didn’t know either so used his own mobile Posted by KylieClark in Rock Paper Scissors | Mar 23, 2013
- Croatia15 June 2012 – the day that began an awesome 6 week journey through Eastern Europe.
It began with the sound of the alarm at 2:30am for Sarah and I to head to the airport.
We left Stansted (and Posted by KylieClark in Rock Paper Scissors | Mar 23, 2013
- Whole New WorldsI pulled into Zagreb excited to be in a new country but still wiped and with a slight cold. My night of fun in Budapest was having lasting consequences and I vowed I would take as many days off as Posted by jesse.tutor in Trains and Thoughts | Mar 14, 2013
- ZagrebWe’re in Zagreb now and it’s lovely. It’s different being in a “regular” city, as opposed to the very old and touristy ones we’ve been in for the past week. Zagreb does have a section that’s 1000 years old, but Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 24, 2012
- Last day in DubrovnikIt’s our last day in Dubrovnik. It feels like we had enough time – there’s nothing here I really wanted to do but couldn’t, but this is such a beautiful city I wish we didn’t have to leave. Today we Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 20, 2012
- MontenegroOn our second day in Dubrovnik we went on a day trip to Montenegro. We got to see Kotor and Budva, which are both very nice. Kotor is a lot like the other towns we’ve been seeing, very old and Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 19, 2012
- DubrovnikWow! Dubrovnik is an absolutely amazing city. I can’t begin to describe how overwhelming it is walking through the old town and seeing it from atop a centuries-old fortress. We got here on Friday and spent our first night wandering Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 18, 2012
- KorculaWe arrived in Korcula yesterday and got to enjoy a beautiful night in the town. This morning we had a little time, and what a gorgeous town! We lucked out and got a guesthouse right across the road from the Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 17, 2012