- Mljet and MakarskaOn our 5th day of our cruise we stopped in a small town on the Croatian coast called Mljet. Being 4 nights deep into this busy party cruise, it was an appropriate time to have a lazy day off. I Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 21, 2015
- Day 1 in DubrovnikWe kicked off our third day of our Croatian coast cruise with ... wait for it... a swim, lunch and debriefing! We arrived in Dubrovnik for our two night stay, and the first day we opted out of any of Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 21, 2015
- Split, Hvar and KorculaWe flew in to Split, Croatia the afternoon of May 8 after a reunion with our Aussie friend, Dallan, on the plane. We knew we had an "upbeat" week ahead of us on our cruise, so we decided to take Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 18, 2015
- Croatia - DubrovnikWe flew out of England with Monarch Arilines on one of the strangest flights we've been on - there were a total of 16 passengers. Let's just say, we could easily stretch out!
Dubrovnik is a popular tourist destination for all Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Nov 4, 2014
- Circling the Adriatic Croatia: Korcula and Dubrovnik
By the time we reached Korcula, we had already seen an amazing number of beautiful and unique cities from the Umbrian hills to the Veneto to Slovenia to Dalmatia. Nevertheless, Korcula was Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Feb 2, 2015
- She's back!!!
So I've been in Croatia for a few days. Upon arrival in London on my way her; Sapphire, my backpack, lost her way evidently. I check the route the airline sent her throug Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 6, 2014
- Eastern Europe, take 2So this is my second trek to Eastern Europe in my quest for global domination. Lets hope that the whole trip isn't as disastrous. So I get in the airport express bus and I'm nearing closer the airport Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Jul 30, 2014
- Circling the Adriatic Croatia: Rijeka and Plitvice Lakes
Rijeka was the next to last overnight stop on our itinerary to get settled. I waffled between Rijeka and Cres until the last minute, and then finally chickened out of tackling the islan Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 28, 2015
- Circling the Adriatic Croatia: Rovinj and Istria
Once in Croatia, we were again flying half-blind because I didn't yet have a Croatian SIM. Upon arrival in Rovinj, our first order of business was to buy the SIM which ended up being an e Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 27, 2015
- Circling the Adriatic Croatia: Split, Trogir, and Hvar
Split is the second-largest city in Croatia and no doubt is an exciting place to live and explore. For the vast majority of travelers, their experience of Split is limited to the enormous Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 30, 2015
- Circling the Adriatic Croatia: Zadar and Sibenik
An interesting thing about Zadar was that it was the first and the last time in our journey that I would locate our accommodation and our host without getting lost or delayed in any way. Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 29, 2015
- HelloI am giving a little test to my first blog post on [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/|http://www.travellerspoint.com/]]. Posted by josipaiv in travel-chill | Dec 18, 2014
- The Road Trip videoJust uploaded a new video covering the highlights of the trip from Cape Disappointment, through the Redwood forest, all the way to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley.
Check it out:
http://youtu.be/T39Gb3FAxfE Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Dec 16, 2014
- Croatia SailWell let's just say that the trip from Rome to Split was an eventful one! I would probably go as far as to say that it was my WORST travel day of my trip so far! I travelled to the Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Dec 14, 2014
- Pinta, Niña, Santa María... into eternityIt's been a while since I got back home. And no matter how hard I tried, every time I sat down wanting to write the closing chapter of the travel blog, I just couldn't find the right inspiration to do Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Dec 7, 2014
- DubrovnikAfter torturing ourselves with an early morning "Boot Camp" workout with Jorge the resident athletic director aboard ship, we hobbled down to a special gathering for honeymooners aboard ship. Wouldn't you know of the 3 couples we met, one was Posted by BearandBunny in Matt & Christine Go Honeymoonin' | Nov 21, 2014
- Seaside HavenAs I said, I spent the evening on the bus to Split, Croatia, from Zagreb, Croatia. I mentioned that there was a stop in the middle of nowhere where my passport was stamped twice; I found the photo!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/654454/IMAG1006 Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Nov 16, 2014
- October 24th Dubrovnik, CroatiaLast port of trip. Dubrovnik Croatia with nickname pearl of Adriatic.It is like living a fairy tail that should not be missed.The old town is ringed by thick medieval walls that you can walk all around. We were in search Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Nov 15, 2014
- Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik![b]
While some of my preconceived ideas about this most famous Croatian destination held true, there were others that were blown apart by our brief but illuminating visit. In short, Dubrovnik rocks! We loved it and would return in a Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 18, 2014
- Korcula, the jewel of the Adriatic[b]
Less than 3 hours by catamaran from Split takes you to the island of Korcula, that's KOR-chew-la. Here we enjoyed a blissful 4-day vacation from our vacation and loved every minute!
[map=684553 lat=43.30041658030215 lon=16.930890437487385 zoom= Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 14, 2014
- UNESCO x 4[b]
Yes, FOUR UNESCO World Heritage sites in one day - we are becoming quite the culture vultures! First a natural wonder, Plitvice, which we left behind, reluctantly, as we headed back to the coast! Then two historical sites Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 10, 2014
- An afternoon in ZagrebOkay, so I stopped at Budapest. When I woke up at 5am to catch my train to Zagreb. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I went down the previous day with Oz girl to buy tickets. All this Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Oct 9, 2014
- The watery wonderland of Plitvice.[b]Croatia is not just a coastline! But that's what most Europeans think! They flock to the islands and coastal towns, and who can blame them? But nestled deep in the Croatian countryside, near the Bosnian border, is Croatia's Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 7, 2014
- Istria: is it Italy, Austria, or Croatia?[b]
Well, that's contentious, but first of all, where is it? Here's the map.
We travelled right across Slovenia in less than 3 hours, from Bled in the nort Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 5, 2014
- Dalmatian Coast, Part 2As we make our way south down the Dalmatian Coast, each town/city just gets better and better!!
We definitely packed a lot in this one day... site-seeing first in Trogir and then in S Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Oct 3, 2014