- DubrovnikWe slept in this morning until 7.30am - heaven! Between 9 and 10 hours sleep, we woke this morning to the sound of rain and thunder. We had a slow morning and at roughly 11.30am we caught the local bus Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 26, 2013
- DubrovnikUp and off early this morning at 8.30am. For a new hotel, the Hotel Katarina is yet to perfect the operation of the Dining Room. The food last night was average at best, like me cooking on a bad night. Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 25, 2013
- Zadar is my Ziel I was really quite sad to leave the house and was determined that i would come back again in the summer as i wanted to just hang and swim in the beaches again :)
I made my way to Trogir where Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | May 28, 2013
- Spliting for Split ! I was really excited to Hitch again after my past success...this was going to be my hardest hitch as it was crossing two countries.
It was an easy walk to the start point though as Mostar was so small. My Posted by shawnified in A glimpse of the world | May 28, 2013
- SplitA good sleep last night - a comfortable bed. We left at 8.30am It's been raining this morning but is clearing up already. We're now travelling in a southerly direction on our way to Split. The area in Croatia Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 24, 2013
- PlitviceAfter breakfast this morning we wheeled our bags down to Reception and met the members of our tour. I haven't actually counted them but I think we have 25 people in our group - so obviously a big bus. We Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 23, 2013
- ZagrebEven though we'd been warned that the weather would take a turn for the worse today, we woke this morning to a clear sky - and lovely weather. A 9-10 hour sleep had done wonders and after a late breakfast, Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 22, 2013
- ZagrebNot enough sleep last night - a late night and an early morning - 5.15am! We were ready this morning with our bags packed at 6.30am, hopped in our taxi and headed to the airport for our flight to Vienna Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | May 21, 2013
- Croatia!Stacey and I headed to Zadar and Split in Croatia for the weekend and we lovedddd it. We both recommend it and it's one of my new favorite places. I can't wait to go back and hit up Dubrovnik, another Posted by meghann922 in Deutschland y Mas | Apr 27, 2013
- CroatiaSaturday 27 April 2013 - early
We have a late start today - 8.30 am - so have time for a quick update. We arrived in Zagreb, capital of Croatia, on Wednesday after a couple of days in Vienna. Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 26, 2013
- Bohemian Trek - CroatiaA testament to the friendliness of the Croatian coast locals –I asked a passerby where the Split Hostel was (after I had already done several laps of the square without success).. he didn’t know either so used his own mobile Posted by KylieClark in Rock Paper Scissors | Mar 23, 2013
- Croatia15 June 2012 – the day that began an awesome 6 week journey through Eastern Europe.
It began with the sound of the alarm at 2:30am for Sarah and I to head to the airport.
We left Stansted (and Posted by KylieClark in Rock Paper Scissors | Mar 23, 2013
- Whole New WorldsI pulled into Zagreb excited to be in a new country but still wiped and with a slight cold. My night of fun in Budapest was having lasting consequences and I vowed I would take as many days off as Posted by jesse.tutor in Trains and Thoughts | Mar 14, 2013
- ZagrebWe’re in Zagreb now and it’s lovely. It’s different being in a “regular” city, as opposed to the very old and touristy ones we’ve been in for the past week. Zagreb does have a section that’s 1000 years old, but Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 24, 2012
- Last day in DubrovnikIt’s our last day in Dubrovnik. It feels like we had enough time – there’s nothing here I really wanted to do but couldn’t, but this is such a beautiful city I wish we didn’t have to leave. Today we Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 20, 2012
- MontenegroOn our second day in Dubrovnik we went on a day trip to Montenegro. We got to see Kotor and Budva, which are both very nice. Kotor is a lot like the other towns we’ve been seeing, very old and Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 19, 2012
- DubrovnikWow! Dubrovnik is an absolutely amazing city. I can’t begin to describe how overwhelming it is walking through the old town and seeing it from atop a centuries-old fortress. We got here on Friday and spent our first night wandering Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 18, 2012
- KorculaWe arrived in Korcula yesterday and got to enjoy a beautiful night in the town. This morning we had a little time, and what a gorgeous town! We lucked out and got a guesthouse right across the road from the Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 17, 2012
- Arrived in SplitWe arrived in Split this morning at 8:00 am. I definitely didn’t consider how difficult a 6:20 am flight would be to get to and catch. Luckily there’s an airport bus that leaves from Neunburg every hour – even at Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 14, 2012
- CroatiaWarning this is a long post with nearly a hundred photos. We took a lot pictures but loaded just the best one's.
Croatia was settled in the early 7th Century by Croats. It became a Kingdom around 925 A.D. and Tomislav Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Nov 28, 2012
- Exporing DubrovnikIt was really nice to sleep in, we've been on the road for some time now and it felt good to get a couple extra hours of snooze time in before our day of exploring. The first thing Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 19, 2012
- Split, CroatiaIn Split, we stayed in a two-bedroom apartment very close to several beaches in the heart of Split. The owner of the apartment gave us some great food and restaurant recommendations, so we set out to try some Croatian food, Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 20, 2012
- Travel to Dubrovnik, CroatiaCaught our bus this morning, right on time as usual. The buses run here like clockwork. Thank God we haven't been two minutes late yet. It was a very nice bus ride through the mountains to Dubrovnik. The two cities Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 18, 2012
- Dubrovnik, CroatiaWhen we arrived in Dubrovinik, we were shocked at how many tourists flooded the streets. Walking in the shade was quite the challenge as masses of people walking both directions were all trying to squeeze in to avoid the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 16, 2012
- Ston(e)walled - 101 Dalmatian StepsWe left Split by ferry on a two hour ride to Korcula, where we finally had a 'holiday' for five days from the rigours of travelling for 14 weeks. While you may be considering whether to feel sorry for Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Oct 14, 2012