- ZagrebWe’re in Zagreb now and it’s lovely. It’s different being in a “regular” city, as opposed to the very old and touristy ones we’ve been in for the past week. Zagreb does have a section that’s 1000 years old, but Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 24, 2012
- Last day in DubrovnikIt’s our last day in Dubrovnik. It feels like we had enough time – there’s nothing here I really wanted to do but couldn’t, but this is such a beautiful city I wish we didn’t have to leave. Today we Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 20, 2012
- MontenegroOn our second day in Dubrovnik we went on a day trip to Montenegro. We got to see Kotor and Budva, which are both very nice. Kotor is a lot like the other towns we’ve been seeing, very old and Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 19, 2012
- DubrovnikWow! Dubrovnik is an absolutely amazing city. I can’t begin to describe how overwhelming it is walking through the old town and seeing it from atop a centuries-old fortress. We got here on Friday and spent our first night wandering Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 18, 2012
- KorculaWe arrived in Korcula yesterday and got to enjoy a beautiful night in the town. This morning we had a little time, and what a gorgeous town! We lucked out and got a guesthouse right across the road from the Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 17, 2012
- Arrived in SplitWe arrived in Split this morning at 8:00 am. I definitely didn’t consider how difficult a 6:20 am flight would be to get to and catch. Luckily there’s an airport bus that leaves from Neunburg every hour – even at Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Aug 14, 2012
- CroatiaWarning this is a long post with nearly a hundred photos. We took a lot pictures but loaded just the best one's.
Croatia was settled in the early 7th Century by Croats. It became a Kingdom around 925 A.D. and Tomislav Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Nov 28, 2012
- Exporing DubrovnikIt was really nice to sleep in, we've been on the road for some time now and it felt good to get a couple extra hours of snooze time in before our day of exploring. The first thing Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 19, 2012
- Split, CroatiaIn Split, we stayed in a two-bedroom apartment very close to several beaches in the heart of Split. The owner of the apartment gave us some great food and restaurant recommendations, so we set out to try some Croatian food, Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 20, 2012
- Travel to Dubrovnik, CroatiaCaught our bus this morning, right on time as usual. The buses run here like clockwork. Thank God we haven't been two minutes late yet. It was a very nice bus ride through the mountains to Dubrovnik. The two cities Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 18, 2012
- Dubrovnik, CroatiaWhen we arrived in Dubrovinik, we were shocked at how many tourists flooded the streets. Walking in the shade was quite the challenge as masses of people walking both directions were all trying to squeeze in to avoid the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 16, 2012
- Ston(e)walled - 101 Dalmatian StepsWe left Split by ferry on a two hour ride to Korcula, where we finally had a 'holiday' for five days from the rigours of travelling for 14 weeks. While you may be considering whether to feel sorry for Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Oct 14, 2012
- Tout Fini
So, can you believe, it is finished. This bike trip, I mean. It has been amazing in every possible sense of the word.
I need to say how wonderful all of the other cyclists and non Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 5, 2012
- Split DefinitivesEvery new day brings fresh challenges, not the least of which is what the shower is going to be like today. The size of the cubicle can certainly be a challenge, with at least one we have had being so Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Oct 5, 2012
- Peer Pressure at 66: River Rafting in Croatia
We all know about the peer pressure kids are under, especially teenagers. This morning I succumbed to peer pressure from several of the cyclists, on this trip, to do the optional river Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 4, 2012
- Cycle Day 5
Hello dear hearts:
Today we sailed away at 7:00 am , back to Havar, to cycle the southern route. Moving out at sunrise was magnificent and my photo does not do justice to the beauty. Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 3, 2012
- Cycle Day 4 Korcula
Last night and this morning we had a thunder and lightening storm that was unlike anything I have ever experienced. It lit up the world, and the sound of thunder, directly overhead, was Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 2, 2012
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, CroatiaSome people on the tour had been here before and specifically wanted to return.
I enjoyed it very much, but after all the talk about the "wild forrest" and being from Colorado, I was expecting something a little more remote.
The lakes Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Split, CroatiaThe drive along the Adriatic from Dubrovnik to Croatia was spectacular.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Farmland_Delta_2.jpg Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- A Swim in the AdriaticA beautiful drive from Split to Plitvice National Park.
I had wanted to sea kayak in the Adriatic in Dubrovnik, but I chickened out when I thought the water was too choppy and I wouldn't be able to manage it. I Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- DubrovnickTime to leave Albania - I think the hosts are quite ready to see us go.
A slightly bad start at 7 AM when we learn the bus driver needs a typed, printed list of all passengers and their passport numbers Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Cheetah and the TurtleNext Quiz:
When riding up a 10 km route on a mountain road that has an elevation gain of 650 meters plus an additional elevation gain of 200 meters at a 10 % grade for 2 km, guess who Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Oct 1, 2012
- Cycling Day 2Hello again,
Today, we spent most of the day on the Island of Hvar, starting out in the town of Stari Grad. This Island is highly interesting as stone age people once lived here. Under the town is a Roman Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 30, 2012
- Cycling Day 1PS so sorry, but no photos tonight. The wifi is satellite and I will need to find a different way to upload my photos. It times out before I can load one photo. But tomorrow, I am sure I can Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 29, 2012
- Michael's Birthday
Micheal, how would you like this fellow's job, standing guard at the Vatican? I think you saw him when you and Mom were in Italy in July.
On the 28th, my Gr Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 28, 2012