- Plitvicka Jezera The Plitvicka Jereza National Park is huge and we had a hundred mile drive through cultivated high alpine valleys to get to a site that was close enough to the main attraction. This is the falls, consisting of 16 terraced Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 8, 2016
- Fan DetourI have had a couple of swims in the Adriatic, it's great when the sea temp is up to 27°, I've decided it will be part of my new fitness regime, sea swim then in the beach bar for a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 8, 2016
- We have arrived in ParadiseBeautiful 45 minute ferry trip from Split to the island of Brać. This was never on our plans so a totally unplanned experience - the beauty of travel on the go.
We have got used to booking our Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 6, 2016
- Kayaking, Eating Too Much, Football and its HOTWe booked a day’s sea kayak adventure two nights ago and arranged to be picked up this morning by a company called Red Adventure. Life of a traveller in 2016 is so easy compared with my backpacking days. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 5, 2016
- The Great Dalmatian Coast RoadOur plans have changed slightly as getting to Split in one day is too far so it's onto the coastal town of Zadar. It has been rated European Destination for 2016 so our plan is to stop for one night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/825019/FO4A9610 Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 3, 2016
- Born to be Wild! ==Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way
Today was all about picking up the car, getting out of Zagreb and driving to Pula in a manual left hand drive car and driving on Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 30, 2016
- Island hop day tripWe headed down to the waterfront to find Toto’s Tour office to start an Island Hop Tour. After purchasing a couple of overpriced hats and some sunscreen we boarded a RIB. Moments later we were barreling across the Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 21, 2016
- Exploring SplitAfter breakfast we headed out to explore the city somewhat. We happened across Bacvice which is the only sandy beach in split and enjoyed a cold drink at the bar overlooking the beach before wetting our toes in the Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 16, 2016
- Budapest to SplitWanting to get a picture of the night cityscape we awoke a little after midnight and headed down to the Danube. We had just clicked off 10 - 15 pictures of the parliament building, while adjusting the settings on Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 16, 2016
- Dubrovnik[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012100 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- Hvar[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012092 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- Split[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012092 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- Plitvice Lakes National Park Croatia[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_2012092 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- LjubljanaAn early start from Vienna as we catch the train from Vienna to Ljubljana which is about 7 hours. Got to the station with plenty of time to spare as we ( me ) was working on Australian trains and Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- Day 2 in Europe==Croatia==
From Rome to Croatia the travel distance is 9 hours and 6 minutes by car. Croatia covers 56,594 square kilometers (21,851 square miles) and has diverse, mostly continental and Mediterranean climates. [u]Croatia's Adriat Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 26, 2016
- Day 23 to 30: The idyllic islands of Croatia!8 May – Barcelona to Dubrovnik
Well today will go down in history as one of the most substantial planning fails of my life!
This morning I’m heading to Dubrovnik to join my 7-night Katarina Line boat trip around the idyllic islands Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 25, 2016
- Splitting the Day in Croatia
Roman carvings adapted to be part of the decoration of a Christian church (formerly the Roman Emperor Diocletian's tomb)
O Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 4, 2016
- Roman AroundAs always happens, our trip is drawing to a close. We still have to drive back from Dubrovnik to Venice to drop off the car and fly home. After our first drive, we had decided to cut the Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 3, 2016
- Dubrovnik: Worth Waiting Two Decades For!
Me on Dubrovnik, Croatia's medieval walls
For decades I had been wanting to see Dubrovnik. This fortified, medieval seapo Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 1, 2016
- Doin' DubrovnikSome days, things just work out. Our plan for today was to walk the walls of Dubrovnik's old town. When we got up, the skies were cloudy. I know we could see the city in any weather. Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 1, 2016
- Driving Down Dalmatia
Croatia's gorgeous coastline along the Adriatic Sea, facing Italy
With cheap air fare to Venice, and The Croatian border o Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 30, 2016
- On the road again...The main reason for this trip is to see Croatia. We picked up our rental car at the Venice airport. With Mike as the navigator and me in the driver's seat, we hit the road.
Our first Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 29, 2016
- CroatiaOn the way to Croatia via Austria
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by ChrisTravels in Europe 2015 | Dec 22, 2015
- Champagne and cheese for everyoneOur. Last. Week. Ending a long trip is rather like graduating from high school. No, it's exactly like graduating from high school. You spend so long coasting from fun event to fun event, meeting challenges and new friends, and then Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 21, 2015
- Cush life in CroatiaGina and I have assumed the lifestyle of lazy house cats. Which is quite nice really, as we are mentally exhausted from months of change and excitement. Plus Dalia just makes it so easy. If you sit down for more Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Dec 18, 2015