- Day 18 - Rome to Split[float=right][/float]Today the day had finally come where we were going to Croatia! Travelling to Croatia was the main reason we decided to start talking about this trip, and I know its something Bruce had been especially looking forward to. We Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 24, 2015
- rickommendationWe didn't leave the house until 4 in the afternoon. We had a leisurely day, waiting for our sore muscles to set in, and conveniently avoiding the sweltering heat hours. We waited for 5:00 so it wouldn't be scorching to Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 10, 2015
- This is not Spot Pond!"We must go now, or we will die." our guide said matter-of-factly.
Sea kayaking, what a great idea! We paired up, two/per divorce-kayak. Since there were five of us, one had to go it alone. Matthew stepped up. He soon regretted Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 9, 2015
- We may have lost Alfeo to the deckThe climb was worth it for the view. Our air-bnb apartment is high up the mountain (we took a cab) with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a deck, where we spent a lot of out time. It was Alfeo's favorite Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 8, 2015
- A.I.S.Alfeo, Patricia and Maureen missed the flight. We all had our A.I.S. with T.I.P. on time at 5:30 a.m. (ass-in-seat, ticket-in-hand) when we left Ripa, but once we hit Rome in two different cars, things started to unfold. Add to Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 7, 2015
- Split Getting photographs without the usual holiday crowds was proving extremely tricky yesterday, so this morning we get up at 06:00 to get out there while it is still reasonably quiet.
C Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 25, 2015
- 10+1 Reasons Why We Love Rovinj1) The Sea surrounds beautiful Rovinj
2) Swimming and floating
[img=http://p Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 11, 2015
- BeautyThe beauty of Rovinj is endless. There are photos to be taken at every turn. The nightly sunsets beg to have their pictures taken. How can I resist?
[img=http://photos Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 11, 2015
- The Most Relaxing DayAs kids, Bear and I spent endless hour swimming and playing in any body of water. The pool, lake or ocean were inviting to us.
Today we hopped on a boat and twenty minutes later we had arrived on Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 9, 2015
- Swimming & SunsetsWhile Dave (yes Dave) and I were floating in the sea, we talked about when the last time was that we were swimming in the sea. When we were in Cinque Terre with Jordan we were unprepared for the rocky Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 7, 2015
- Zadar - Trogir - SplitAfter a leisurely breakfast this morning, we leave Zadar behind and set off travelling south – taking the coast road rather than the motorway – to Trogir.
We stop on the outskirts of Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 24, 2015
- One Kuna, two Kunas, three Kunas, fourWe have never really had trouble with converting foreign currency before but this kuna seems to be confusing us. After a day, we think we have finally figured it out. We knew that $10 was about 55 kuna Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 6, 2015
- Plitvice - ZadarAfter an early breakfast we go off for one last look at the the park before leaving the area for the coast. We take the bus down to entrance one, and walk along the rim for spectacular views over the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 23, 2015
- We have fallen in love again...Although we arrived in this magical town well past midnight because our boat was only able to use one engine to cross the Adriatic, I awoke the next morning and peeked out our apartment windows. I could hear the seagulls Posted by beachbuddies in Travel Tales of Two Little Suitcases | Jul 6, 2015
- Plitvice Lakes National parkWe are up early again this morning, so that we can be in the park just after it opens at 07:00, hoping to be there before the main part of the masses. One of the benefits of staying in the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 22, 2015
- Don’t pee into the wind or shop for a thongI was never a fan of counselling. It seems to be a modern scam taking advantage of those who have an unfortunate experience. Pay some money to a caring ear and feel gratified by sharing the memory. That was until Posted by Wheelspin in European Badlands | Jul 2, 2015
- Lake Bled - Plitvice National ParkToday is Homer's Birthday! Happy birthday to our sweet, funny, flamboyant friend Homie.
Just as we are leaving Bled, I spot a bird that grabs my interest – not sure what it Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 21, 2015
- Zagreb - Pula - RovinjDriving on the right, in a left hand drive car with manual gear change takes a little bit of getting used to – even as a passenger I tried to get in on the wrong side of the car; and Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 18, 2015
- Through the desert videoAfter some delay, I just uploaded a new video covering the highlights of the trip from Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Los Angeles. A must see for any Blade Runner fan!
Check it out:
https://youtu.be/lralkdFUbbs Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Jun 27, 2015
- Munich to Croatia[img=http://phot Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 24, 2015
- Croatian Island HoppingCroatia Island Hopping (June 6-12)
The tour of the Croatian Islands started at 12 pm on Sat, June 6th. As some of the Busabout guides had travelled with us on the Rhapsody Tour the previous week I knew who was going Posted by Lainey03 in 2015 European Adventure | Jun 20, 2015
- Dubrovnik, Croatia1. DAY IN DUBROVNIK
Arrive to Dubrovnik in the afternoon and check-in after 14:00h. You can explore the town on your own or join our guided tour of the city followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain Posted by Josip98 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 11, 2015
- last day on the coast for nowFor our last full day in Split we had a slow start as there was a queue for the showers and since everyone else was checking out we went last. We met up with Christina and had brunch. Post brunch Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 8, 2015
- Last day of the tourSo the tour officially finished today after breakfast however most people had already gone their own way. We had to change to our new hostel.
Today we had to say goodbye to Elaine who went on her Croatia Island hopping trip Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 8, 2015
- Plitvice lakes
Today is our last full day on tour and we headed 10 mins down the road to Plitvice lakes. Plitvice lakes national park is one of the oldest national parks in southeast Europe and largest national park in Europe. It Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 8, 2015