- The Road to Bosnia...I (and perhaps you) thought that Bosnia was a land locked country. I was wrong. There is a 10 km swath of Bosnian territory that extends down to the Adriatic and divides Croatia . This territory was originally Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 4, 2013
- A Two Ferry DayWhen the tour leaders candidly admitted that today's climb was the most challenging yet, I was more than a touch nervous about starting today's ride. However, the first step was to take a 15 minute ferry ride from Korcula Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Oct 1, 2013
- Rained outThis morning we woke to pouring rain along with thunder and lightening. It had cleared a little by noon but the suggested cycling routes were significantly shortened given the condition of the roads.
Given a lazy start to the day, Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Off the bicyclesThere was no biking today. Our luggage and bicycles were packed into the van and taken (by a circuitous route that involved 3 ferries) to the island of Korcula. The logistics of this trip are challenging for our tour Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Island hopping
This morning we, our luggage and bicycles were loaded on to a private ferry for a one hour trip to the island of Hvar (pronounced "Phar").
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/DSCN1124.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/364617/thumb Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Are we there yet? It was only 38 km but with 800 m of climbing, I thought that it would never end. It was not only hot but also humid with very little breeze. The route took us "up and over" the island of Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- A day on our ownWe will be staying in Postira for a second night so the ride today was really what one felt like doing. Several loops and destinations were suggested. We chose to climb up to see the Brac Museum in Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Cycle, cruise, walk, cruise, cycleFatigue and numerous technical difficulties have meant that I am 5 blogs behind. I will be publishing them one after another. So...
Today's journey involved several modes of transportation.
We began by cycling from Trogir to Kastle Sucurac just outsi Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 30, 2013
- Zagreb to TriesteTrip from Zagreb involved very early start to wake up, pack, catch taxi in time for the 5.30 am bus
Welcome to Slovenia
Zagreb to Trieste
The bus trip from Zagreb to Trieste involved crossing (but not touching) Slovenia.
Croatia joined EU Posted by jenalan7 in Adriatic Journey | Sep 25, 2013
- From island of Korcula to DubrovnikIt was my boyfriend's idea.. :)
We took the car drive the same day later in the evening from Dubrovnik, over the fantastic peninsula of Peljesac and crossed the channel with a ferry to the island of Korcula. As Posted by MarcyDubrovnik in From island of Korcula to Dubrovnik | Sep 25, 2013
- A hot and gruelling dayWe had been warned that today would involve a "few" steep climbs". One such climb would have been one too many. Still, we managed to complete the day under our own power and so consider it a success.
The Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 24, 2013
- On the Road to Primosten If every day is like this one, we will have a wonderful cycling trip!
We left Skradin just before 10am after the inaugural safety briefing. The only steep climb of the day - about 4 km of switch backs Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 24, 2013
- Arrivaderci Roma... Dobro dosli CroatiaYesterday we flew from Rome to Split, Croatia. Through a series of delays, we did not arrive at our hotel in Split until almost 11 pm. The hotel was located in the 'old city' and being Saturday night Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Sep 22, 2013
- ZagrebZagreb is a picturesque, lovely city. Very walkable and much more affordable than London. Coffee and beer are both good as are the Croatian wines.
Saturday was most perfect weather. Saw some interesting monuments and a museum devoted to the contents Posted by jenalan7 in Adriatic Journey | Sep 14, 2013
- Croatia - Fourth stop: DubrovnikDubrovnik has long been the jewel of the Dalmatian coast. It is one of those "must visit" places and sure wouldn't miss it on our first trip to Croatia. So, when booking our flights, we booked the returning flight departing Posted by danics in World Away | Sep 10, 2013
- Crotia I went there many times therefor cant write only one travel experience. If you have a plan to go there in summer time you can do many things.
You can rent a car and visit Split, Zadar also Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in TatliGezgin | Sep 9, 2013
- Croatia - Third stop: SplitWe took the bus from Zadar and I must say, it was quite a scenic route. The bus goes through the roads next to sea and I was drooling craving for a swim in the crystal clear sea during the Posted by danics in World Away | Sep 9, 2013
- Croatia - Second stop: ZadarOnce you start being near the cost of Croatia, the scenery changes and the landscapes appear to become more arid, less big trees and dense forests and more bushes, low trees.
Also coincidentally, the sun was shining and the temperatures were Posted by danics in World Away | Sep 9, 2013
- Zagreb, Croatia (12th - 15th August)We travelled most of the day to get to Zagreb from Vienna - changing trains twice. We arrived in Zagreb about 9pm and made our way to Cherry Hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, though it was fairly Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Aug 29, 2013
- Croatia - First stop: ZagrebWe arrived at Zagreb Airport and as we had booked from transportation earlier, we had the driver waiting for us there. The weather was almost tropical, with a hot yet stormy clouds (and some rain too).
Our accommodation was not near Posted by danics in World Away | Aug 29, 2013
- "Big" holidays in CroatiaIt's been a while since I've posted anything into the blog, but it has been a sloooow month of July and the beginning of August alike. However, my two week holiday are approaching at a fast pace and next week Posted by danics in World Away | Aug 7, 2013
- The Land of Cats and Butterflies
==Day 1 and 2
We flew into the airport of the capital Zagreb where we picked up our hire car to start our 2 week croatian road trip. We didn't spend anytime in Zagreb as we were keen to get Posted by rdroadtrippers in Driving on the other side | Aug 4, 2013
- Istrian Hill Towns, Piran, Caves, and Castles
Our plan today was to visit a series of Istrian (EE-stree-ah) hilltowns, highlighed by Motovun (moh-toh-VOON) and Groznjan (grohzh-NYAHN). After these towns we planned to pass into the Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 2, 2013
- Rovinj and Pula
Our plan today was to visit Pula (POO-lah) in the morning and spend the afternoon and evening in Rovinj (roh-VEEN).
[[https://www.google.com/search?q=pula+coliseum&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo= Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Aug 1, 2013
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
Our plan today was take an early drive to Plitvice (PLEET-veet-seh) Lakes to hike the lakes, and then take a long drive to Rovinj and stay the night.
[[https://www.google.com/search?q= Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 31, 2013