- Cienfuegos, Trinidad, VaraderoCienfuegos
Next stop is Cienfuegos, further south. We share a taxi with a couple from Quebec, at least we thought it was a taxi, it turns out to be just a guy with a private car who takes us about 1hr Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Apr 17, 2015
After queueing 2 hours the previous day to get our bus ticket (only one ticket desk open at a time and many tourists), we arrive in Vinales, about 3 hrs west of Habana and home to much of the tobacco Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Mar 30, 2015
- Last Point on the TourAs I finally get around to posting this entry, more than a month has passed since I basked in the warm weather and blue skies of Cuba. Spring has taken her own sweet time in coming to this part of Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 22, 2015
- HavanaIt is difficult to describe my first impression, our taxi is a 25 year old Lada, outside the architecture is very square, very grey and very bleak, although I have never been to Russia, it is how I imaged it Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Mar 20, 2015
- I love Cuba - Fascinating, complex and vibrant2nd March
With a little trepidation, I make my way to Cancun airport for my last destination - country number 13 (and last) on this trip - Cuba. My first job of obtaining a tourist card was easy, just hand in Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Mar 20, 2015
- GuantanamoUntil I visited Guantanamo, I knew only two things about Guantanamo:
1. The song [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmyQOq4MAdY|Guantanamera]]
You might remember [[http://www.josefeliciano.com/wp/|Jose Feliciano]]J singing it, but every group throughout Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 11, 2015
- Everything Great but the HotelOur journey from Trinidad to Camaguey was a few hours long and stopped at a "truck stop."
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Remains_of_Old_Sugar_Mill.jpg capt Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 9, 2015
- Trinidad, Cuba
There is more to see and do in [[http://www.pbase.com/wkimages/trinidadcuba&page=all|Trinidad, Cuba]] than what I experienced.
I am not complaining, jus Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 8, 2015
- Cienfuegos[[http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1202|Cienfuegos]] is another UNESCO-supported city.
Initially settled by the French, the architecture is different from much of the Spanish-influenced remainder of the Island.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51074 Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 6, 2015
- Reasons to VisitTheir are two reasons to visit Santa Clara, Cuba:
1. To see where the [[http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/historyofthecaribbean/a/08battlestaclar.htm|the Revolution was won]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Where_the_..ion_W Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 5, 2015
- Las Terrazas, Cuba
The [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisa_Province|Artemisa province]] is close enough to Habana to enjoy a rural and artistic tour. As a matter of fact, I encou Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 4, 2015
- Cultural ContactsUnless they go to Cuba via a foreign country, USA citizens must travel with a sanctioned tour that provides cultural and people-to-people contacts.
Although relations have been lightened by Obama, this restriction has not been lifted. Apparently, it is e Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Mar 4, 2015
- TransportationI believe you can see great differences among countries - and even cities within a country - by looking at the transportation.
Sculptors must agree.
[img=h Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Feb 26, 2015
- A TRIP AROUND VINALES
===Our first stop is the Indian Cave. The hills around this area are full of caves, some of them very large. It was an ancient indigenous dwelling was rediscovered in 1920. It is about a 200 metres walk Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 21, 2015
- Put Your Head on a Pillow[code][/code]Many government hotels are available throughout Cuba.
The first hotel I stayed in was the infamous [[http://www.hotelnacionaldecuba.com/en/home.asp|Hotel Nacional de Cuba]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Hotel_Nacional_Cuba Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Feb 21, 2015
- THE VALLEY OF VINALES----A World Heritage Site===Three hours after leaving Havana we reach the Vinales Valley and the little town of Vinales. The Valley is renowned for rock climbing, deep caves, tobacco, baseball, and friendly people. We experienced 3 of the 5. There Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 20, 2015
- HabanaWhen in Cuba, call this city [[http://wikitravel.org/en/Havana|Habana]], the Spanish spelling and pronunciation.
However you call it, I think you will like it. I did. In fact if I were ever to return to Cuba, this is where I would probably Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Feb 19, 2015
- My "Firsts"
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/My_First_Cuban_ Posted by pscotterly in Tour to Cuba | Feb 19, 2015
- THIS AND THAT AROUND HAVANA===We wandered around Havana for a couple of days and these are some of the sites that caught our attention. Wandering around was amazing and fascinating and there was no restrictions on taking any pictures, even at the Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 19, 2015
- Back in the USA
For those of you who subscribe or follow my journey on TravellersPoint instead of Facebook, you will need to log on to another site to read about my trip to Cuba.
[ Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Feb 17, 2015
- A WALK THROUGH OLD HAVANA===Old Havana is an old Spanish colonial style city and is the centre of the city's tourist trade. Not only are the tourists that are staying in Havana there, but judging from the lines of tourist busses the tourists Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 15, 2015
- Cuba Libre - Once in a MeadowDid you ever wake up humming a tune? ....and that tune stays with you all day?...and then you hear it again and again throughout the day? Well, I'm waking up with Guantanamera. A very popular song here and Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Feb 4, 2015
- CUBA======A QUICK TRIP===We discovered that travelling from Mexico to Cuba was a very quick flight of only 55 minutes, so we decided to beat the rush of Americans and join all the others who were trying too beat the rush of Americans, Posted by keithandhelen in Wander With Keith and Helen | Feb 12, 2015
- Cuba - VivaPhotogenic images that require little explanation beyond a title are a peso a dozen in Cuba’s enigmatic capital. Here are a just a few…
Environmentally conscious taxi driver…
[i Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 6, 2015
- Cuba Libre - "Hey Pal"We arrive at the airport, get through security and walk on the tarmac to our plane.
I am one of the first people boarding and lo and behold..who do I see?? Sergio!! Beloved is lagging behind but is immediately spotted Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | Feb 4, 2015