- One of last hikes in Cuba
Diana, Christina and I took a hike along the ridgeline for some Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 11, 2014
- 2014 C2 STAR FLYER - CUBA & THE CAYMAN ISLANDS===LEAVING HAVANA===
I NOW HAVE TO LEAVE THE PARQUE CENTRAL HOTEL TO GO TO THE MELIA COHIBA HOTEL IN NEW HAVANA FOR MY TRANSFER.
I AM IN THE NEW SECTION OF THE PARQUE CENTRAL & AFTER CHECKING OUT I GO TO THE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 26, 2004
- 2014 C1 STAR FLYER - HAVANA, CUBA===GETTING TO HAVANA.===
I GOT UP TO AN UNFORCASTED SNOW STORM & FIGURED I WOULD NOT GET TO HAVANA TODAY.
THE CAB TOOK AN HOUR TO GET HERE & AN HOUR TO GET TO THE AIRPORT. ABOUT AN HOUR AND A QUARTER Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 26, 2004
- When You Come to Cuba…
When you come to Cuba – as you ought:
And wonder at grandeur that speaks of past wealth
Look past the rough to seek the sm Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 25, 2014
- Cuba - Part 2: Santiago de CubaBefore going to Cuba, I had planned to take the train linking Havana and Santiago de Cuba, the second biggest city. I read some advices from the Seat61 site, but when I finally tried to purchase the ticket, all my Posted by danics in World Away | Feb 24, 2014
- Cuban Cohibas
Not far from the hustle and bustle of Havana, in a verdant valley midst mountains of karst, lies a tranquil corner of heaven where the sun shines daily on the fields of sugar, tobacco an Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 24, 2014
- Trinidad de CubaTrinidad de Cuba is a quaint city on Cuba’s south coast that has become a museum of colonial architecture without even trying…
The ancient cobblestone streets lined with gaily painted stone hou Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 22, 2014
- Driving Miss SheilaNot everyone knows that James once drove a 1923 taxicab around the historic streets of Bath in England, and even chauffeured actress Joan Collins for a while, so here in Havana he couldn’t resist taking the wheel of this 1961 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 21, 2014
- Our Woman in HavanaUnlike the protagonist in Graham Greene’s Cuban novel, ‘Our man in Havana’ our secret weapon turned out to be a woman: Lourdes, the charming owner of Villa Lou, a casa particular, (a privately owned B & B), who not only Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 20, 2014
- Cuba - Part 1: HavanaI'm back from the island.
I'm happy to be back, but some part of me is still on that magic island.
I arrived in Havana after a very long flight (so you can picture it, my flight from Paris to Havana flew Posted by danics in World Away | Feb 20, 2014
==How Do Americans Travel to Cuba?==
After Fidel Castro took power in 1959, Cuba went from being a favorite getaway for Americans to a forbidden destination. Diplomatic relations and d Posted by janejoe in Panama,CostaRica,El Salvador,Mexico,Cuba | Feb 19, 2014
- Cuba: Ready, Set...Last months have been chaotic in terms of work, which explains why there hasn't been any post lately.
But worry not, because I'm sure my next destination will interest most of you.
Cuba, the biggest Caribbean island. Great music, plenty of sun Posted by danics in World Away | Jan 24, 2014
- Last dive in CubaI didn't really intend for this to be my last dive but it looks like my departure date is fast approaching and I kind of had a premonition this might be it.
I had a great dive Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 4, 2014
- Kayaking the bay
Diana, Christina and I decided to kayak the bay this morning to get to hicacal beach which is where it was easy to pick up some pretty cool shells.
[img Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 7, 2013
- Diving and Sailing in GTMOBy the time I am putting this entry in I don't remember what day this dive and sail trip took place but it was some time in June.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/17516 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jun 15, 2013
- Christmas Day 2013This was a tough day for everyone to be without our families and especially for me after the lose of one of my little girls.
Tony, Diana, Susan, Ryan and Christina from the Nav Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 25, 2013
- Slot dive with angelfishAh, the slot - it is my favorite dive spot and today we were blessed with lots of angelfish photo opportunities.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/IMG_1628.jpg capt Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Nov 16, 2013
- Kittery Beach DiveDiving Kittery Beach is a special treat for the group since it has been closed since Hurricane Sandy. We have a lot of brass with us on this dive in order to get in here. Conch shells were Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Sep 29, 2013
- Windmill Beach DiveGreat dives this weekend at Windmill beach with a new find. I have never seen this fish before.???
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/17 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Sep 28, 2013
- Cuban WoodpeckerThese guys hang out on the tree right outside my door! They are beautiful but I am ready to leave them behind in 17 days!!
They have been known to knock on the side of t Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 6, 2014
- Manatee ResearchManatee researchers from Florida are on their second trip to GTMO to try to tag and measure/record/study the manatee population here. In order to do their research they call for volunteers from the post to help with spotting, catching Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Nov 10, 2013
- TIME FOR ART, CULTURE AND MOVIESBefore heading home to Colombia we decided to visit the island of Cuba in the Caribbean. It was a nice experience to be in the hot weather again after winter in Europe and we were once again close to the Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jan 4, 2014
- Jingle Bell Battalion Run
The 525th Military Police Battalion had a jingle be Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 20, 2013
- Cuban ReptilesGTMO had a reptile show where scientists that are here showed the community some local reptiles. They didn't do much education but got each animal out and walked around with it for pictures, touching and questions. It Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 6, 2013
- SANTIAGO DE CUBA - AGAINSaturday December 21
We left Costa Morena right after breakfast. We had decided to spend the next 2 nights in Santiago de Cuba, even though we disliked the place, probably at the Hotel Las Americas just down from the expensive Hotel Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2013 | Dec 25, 2013