- Mexico City - CUBA - Mexico CitySo much has happened! This is a bit of a long one but I guarantee you will enjoy the ride!
Today was very cool! We had a late breakfast and then visited the Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Oct 22, 2014
- The One Where Maaret Buys a HorseWe all have those. Childhood dreams that we know, as adults, are a bit silly and will never really happen but we occasionally drift into them anyway. One of my friends sings in the shower, pretending to be at Wembley; Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Mar 6, 2013
- The Great Cuban Visa RunAfter three weeks of touring Cuba, with varying levels of success, I was back in Havana. In that time, the city had transformed from a lovely, breezy, sunny and romantic coffee-table book of "best places in the world" to Posted by Ofelia in Where is Maaret? | Feb 22, 2013
- Havana Visiting Havana was something that drew us to Cuba; the buildings, mojitos, music and Cuban culture were immediately appealing and definitely culminate in the city. We booked the trip through our hotel (two days and a night) and again it Posted by emilyferris in Cuba | Jun 6, 2014
- Cultural Holiday-making Before going on holiday to Cuba, I didn't have too much information about the island. It was a suggested destination as it was the most affordable Caribbean island for that time of year (early April) and also the most comfortable Posted by emilyferris in Cuba | Jun 5, 2014
- Hello HavanaWith Israel as a close second, this is by far the most fascinating country I have ever been to. The first thing that I noticed after getting off the plane is the cars. It literally looks like you Posted by jennasweig in My Never Ending Story | May 27, 2014
I was really excited to go to Cuba. It's not an often visited country, however people are starting to realise that Cuba has a lot to offer resulting in changes like newer model cars. In places like Havana, it's becoming Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | May 16, 2014
- Sunset cruise in the bayMWR put on a "photography" sunset cruise. It was advertised as having someone on the boat to give us tips about photography as we cruised around the bay. But in true GTMO fashion that did not happen. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Apr 29, 2013
- Walking Tour of CubaChristina Carmody was helping me train for the hike up Mt. Kilimanjaro and we were doing one last walk around GTMO three days before I was scheduled to leave. Usually we would start at our houses on Windward Loop. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jan 19, 2014
- Beach clean upFrequently after storms the beaches of GTMO need some tender loving care to clean up all the trash that comes from places like Haiti. There were TONS of shoes, Styrofoam containers and bottles littered all over this beach. Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 4, 2013
- Classic GTMO photoMy roommate and I were headed to collect shells and on our way we saw something I never saw the rest of the year.....an iggy and banana rat in the same shot of a photo!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/iggy_and_banana_rat.jpg caption=iggy an Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 1, 2013
- Diving in NovemberAnother beautiful diving day best described with the photos. Obviously I was very interested in the angelfish today!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/IMG_150 Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Nov 1, 2013
- new housemateI got a new roommate in Cuba trying to move in today. This critter was crawling along the side of the house. When he finally got off he became very defensive!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/IMG_1484.jpg caption=crab on the side of the ho Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 30, 2013
- New investmentSo I figured this might be my only chance in life to dive consistently and get underwater photographs. The logical thing to do was invest in a underwater cover for the canon right? It is really fun to Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Aug 17, 2013
- Diving weekend in GTMODiving is the one big thing to do on GTMO and we spent all weekend indulging. It brings a new dimension to the clothes lines in all the backyards.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/Turtle_climbing_the_wall.jpg caption=Turtle climbing the wal Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jul 7, 2013
- Last Sunset in Cuba with CurtWell its our final sunset for this visit so we did it with snacks and drinks on Glass beach, so named for the glass that washes up for people to collect.
[i Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Dec 2, 2013
- The Barque Eagle Coast Guard ShipThe Barque Eagle is a sailing school ship used by the Coast Guard to train future officers and it pulled into port in GTMO for a few days. People on island were given the opportunity to tour the ship Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Jun 7, 2013
- Havana AirportOur coach journey back to Havana airport was a little over 2 and a half hours and we arrived approximately 3 hours before we were due to fly. Unfortunately this meant we were about 30 people from the end of Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- wears the sopaIt's our last morning and we've run out of soap. I've been asking the room maids for 'sopa' for the last few days now but they just look at me strangely and keep telling me 3rd floor. I've looked everywhere Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Turner holiday trademarkIt's our last full day and it's a scorcher, not a cloud in the sky. The beach is understandably busy and there are some great waves co Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Anyone for tennis?Tuesday morning and I surprise Jo by booking one of the tennis courts. I can see she's thrilled. There's another couple playing on the next court so I up my game a bit. I glance every now and then to Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Plenty of room on topMonday morning, early, and I'm on the beach as the sun's coming up, camera in hand. Where's that blooming Pelican? I pick my spot and sit down on the beach and wait. I can see one Pelican happily diving and Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Theme from the GodfatherSunday night and we've used one of our vouchers to reserve a table for dinner at one of the a la carte restaurants. It's an excuse to dress more formerley so I choose the less raggy flip flops and Jo Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Pelicans and HawkersSunday and we're at the beach again. Same volleyball game, different greying, balding participants this time. I try and photograph the Pelicans flyin Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 23, 2014
- Still got itSaturday, not a cloud in the sky and we're at the beach quite early. People watching again. This time it's the various hawkers up and down the beach Posted by justchilling in Hola Cuba | Mar 21, 2014