- CubaVery early this Monday morning, I returned from my choir's week-long tour to Havana, Cuba. It was possibly the most eye-opening trip of my entire life, and the entire choir was changed by this tour.
As the first youth choir to Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 6, 2016
- ViñalesThe journey from Trinidad to Viñales took about 8 hours in total - it was hot, sticky, and really uncomfortable. Poor Billy was hungry most of the way too, so it wasn't the easiest of transfers! However, as we Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jun 20, 2016
- Trinidad, CubaWhile we were still in Havana, we heard there was a huge celebration for 2 things in Cuba on the 2nd of May. First up was the celebration for the international day of the worker, and second was the arrival Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jun 18, 2016
- Finally made it to CubaDespite my parents giving Billy and I money towards tickets for Christmas to go to Cuba, we had never found the ideal time to actually go. Billy and I were at a local pool bar in Cabarete when we Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Jun 13, 2016
- HavanaCuba--a place that seems to spark the imagination. A place where everyone wants to go, even those that have already been. Havana is stunning and really one of the most beautiful and different places. I spend 3 days exploring Havana, Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 30, 2016
- Havana, CubaHavana, the capital of Cuba, is the largest city in the Caribbean, and one of the most culturally rich urban centres in the world. The city's appreciation of its glorious colonial past is on display at a dizzying array of Posted by wangxuanyu in my dream trip around the world | May 30, 2016
- Viva Cuba!My last visit to Cuba was a decade ago; a lot can change in ten years – myself included. The last time I went there was no mention of amnesty with the Americans. Meanwhile, in April of 2016 there are Posted by madrugada in Destination (Un)known. | May 26, 2016
- Don't blink![float=left][/float]I booked an all inclusive 1 week trip to Cuba ([[https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147275-d6 Posted by ScottK in Cuba in a week. | Apr 25, 2016
- HIGHLIGHTS OF MY HAVANA
Since I have a five hour lay over here in Halifax airport, I figure I would jot down a few things of note about Havana and my experience there. My typical reflection post.
1. I l Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 6, 2016
- LAST DAY - PETER TURNLEY AND A LITTLE RUMBA
It has an absolutely wonderful last day in Cuba. Although it may not be reflected in the images because for much of the day, I did not have my camera in hand.
After a late breakf Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 6, 2016
- CRUISIN’ HAVANA AND THE TROPICANA
Another sunny and very warm day in Havana, although I think the humidity is down a little. I also just discovered there is air conditioning in my room so I need not swelter anymore.
Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 5, 2016
- LIFE AT THE CASA Since I have some time, I thought I would write a little about our experience and group.
The casa experience has been really great. I would never opt to stay in a hotel given the option. The accommodations are simple Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 3, 2016
- ROAD TRIP TO THE LAND OF CIGARS
We are back in time to at least write a few words and post a few pictures although I must admit I am not terribly excited about today’s images. This is not indicative of the day whi Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 2, 2016
- LIVIN’ LIKE LOCALSJust arriving at the park for another download session after a power outage back at the house. A regular occurrence here in Havana where electricity, gas and water is not guaranteed. We have experienced all three. Sally Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 1, 2016
- THINGS YOU FIND IN YOUR UNDERWEARAfter a morning trek around a local neighbourhood and an African-Cuban concert with music and dance, I am back in my chair in the living room of the casa. Not so far removed from home given there is a Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jan 31, 2016
- I HAVE ARRIVEDHaving just finished a huge breakfast, I am sitting in the living room of the casa that will be my home for the next week, feeling a little hungover from the travel and a little guilty about my son who Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jan 30, 2016
- Our last days in Cuba[center]We left Baracoa a few days before we had to fly out of Havana, the 12 hour bus ride to Camaguey was amongst the worst. Mostly because we had zero water and at the stopover in Santiago they had no Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Jan 8, 2016
- The Casa Mama's of CubaHavana
After getting our Cuban tourist card the day before, we were back to Managua to get onto the flight to Cuba. Cubana Air was such a small company that I received a personal email to remind us to be there Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Jan 2, 2016
- Baracoa - our final destination[center]After Santiago we headed down to what was described to us as one of the best areas in Cuba; Baracoa.
The main attraction of the Guantanamo Region, Baracoa is a relatively small town on the coast with black sand beaches Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 30, 2015
- Santiago de Cuba[center]Up next was our 12 hour bus ride to Santiago de Cuba, the second biggest city in Cuba. Buses in Cuba and Central America have this nifty trick of reclining all the way back to the person behinds lap. This Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 27, 2015
- Rave in a Cave[center]With a minor hangover we managed to make it to this bus on time and spent the next 8 hours heading west to Trinidad. Trinidad was founded in the 16th century in honour of the Holy Trinity and declared a Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 24, 2015
- Vinales - west Cuba.[center]With our money problems sorted out, thank you Cats Mum, the next day we decided to get out of the city and head to the west side of Cuba to a town called Vinales. Unsurprisingly we missed the only bus Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 22, 2015
- Cuba (part 4): Departure==One more thing before I go....==
I had a really amazing time in Cuba.
It’s a beautiful country with happy, bright people, who are immensely proud of their country and history.
===Go N Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Dec 20, 2015
- Cuba (part 3): Trinidad==Trinidad==
Subjective advice for anyone coming to Cuba.... make Trinidad a priority over Havana.
My highlights, in terms of music, bands, night Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Dec 18, 2015
- Cuba Bureaucracy - Slow StepsI glided into the government-run money exchange office in Old Havana to convert my last Euros to CUC. The guard motioned me to booth #6. Seated behind the poorly lit faux wood desk was a female employee dressed Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Dec 17, 2015