- Don't blink![float=left][/float]I booked an all inclusive 1 week trip to Cuba ([[https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147275-d6 Posted by ScottK in Cuba in a week. | Apr 25, 2016
- HIGHLIGHTS OF MY HAVANA
Since I have a five hour lay over here in Halifax airport, I figure I would jot down a few things of note about Havana and my experience there. My typical reflection post.
1. I l Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 6, 2016
- LAST DAY - PETER TURNLEY AND A LITTLE RUMBA
It has an absolutely wonderful last day in Cuba. Although it may not be reflected in the images because for much of the day, I did not have my camera in hand.
After a late breakf Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 6, 2016
- CRUISIN’ HAVANA AND THE TROPICANA
Another sunny and very warm day in Havana, although I think the humidity is down a little. I also just discovered there is air conditioning in my room so I need not swelter anymore.
Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 5, 2016
- LIFE AT THE CASA Since I have some time, I thought I would write a little about our experience and group.
The casa experience has been really great. I would never opt to stay in a hotel given the option. The accommodations are simple Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 3, 2016
- ROAD TRIP TO THE LAND OF CIGARS
We are back in time to at least write a few words and post a few pictures although I must admit I am not terribly excited about today’s images. This is not indicative of the day whi Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 2, 2016
- LIVIN’ LIKE LOCALSJust arriving at the park for another download session after a power outage back at the house. A regular occurrence here in Havana where electricity, gas and water is not guaranteed. We have experienced all three. Sally Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 1, 2016
- THINGS YOU FIND IN YOUR UNDERWEARAfter a morning trek around a local neighbourhood and an African-Cuban concert with music and dance, I am back in my chair in the living room of the casa. Not so far removed from home given there is a Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jan 31, 2016
- I HAVE ARRIVEDHaving just finished a huge breakfast, I am sitting in the living room of the casa that will be my home for the next week, feeling a little hungover from the travel and a little guilty about my son who Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jan 30, 2016
- Our last days in Cuba[center]We left Baracoa a few days before we had to fly out of Havana, the 12 hour bus ride to Camaguey was amongst the worst. Mostly because we had zero water and at the stopover in Santiago they had no Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Jan 8, 2016
- The Casa Mama's of CubaHavana
After getting our Cuban tourist card the day before, we were back to Managua to get onto the flight to Cuba. Cubana Air was such a small company that I received a personal email to remind us to be there Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Jan 2, 2016
- Baracoa - our final destination[center]After Santiago we headed down to what was described to us as one of the best areas in Cuba; Baracoa.
The main attraction of the Guantanamo Region, Baracoa is a relatively small town on the coast with black sand beaches Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 30, 2015
- Santiago de Cuba[center]Up next was our 12 hour bus ride to Santiago de Cuba, the second biggest city in Cuba. Buses in Cuba and Central America have this nifty trick of reclining all the way back to the person behinds lap. This Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 27, 2015
- Rave in a Cave[center]With a minor hangover we managed to make it to this bus on time and spent the next 8 hours heading west to Trinidad. Trinidad was founded in the 16th century in honour of the Holy Trinity and declared a Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 24, 2015
- Vinales - west Cuba.[center]With our money problems sorted out, thank you Cats Mum, the next day we decided to get out of the city and head to the west side of Cuba to a town called Vinales. Unsurprisingly we missed the only bus Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 22, 2015
- Cuba (part 4): Departure==One more thing before I go....==
I had a really amazing time in Cuba.
It’s a beautiful country with happy, bright people, who are immensely proud of their country and history.
===Go N Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Dec 20, 2015
- Cuba (part 3): Trinidad==Trinidad==
Subjective advice for anyone coming to Cuba.... make Trinidad a priority over Havana.
My highlights, in terms of music, bands, night Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Dec 18, 2015
- Cuba Bureaucracy - Slow StepsI glided into the government-run money exchange office in Old Havana to convert my last Euros to CUC. The guard motioned me to booth #6. Seated behind the poorly lit faux wood desk was a female employee dressed Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Dec 17, 2015
- Fun in the Cuban sun[center]Our flight from Cancun to Havana was slightly tainted with the worry of possibly having zero money. You see, Australian bank cards are difficult if not impossible to use in Cuba, through the advise of a friend, we each got Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 17, 2015
- Fun in the Cuban sunBefore I start this off, I would like to clarify the title. Although not actually impoverished, it is the only way I can describe this incredible, amazing, friendly, crazy, heartbreaking, beautiful place.
Crumbling buildings shoulder restored masterpiec Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Fun in the Cuban sun | Dec 8, 2015
- Cuba (part 2): Viñales, Varadero.... and understanding Che
I jumped on a tour through the Viñales; a gorgeous, lush, hilly region of Cuba with many tobacco farms and rum mills.
We first stopped at a local tobacco farm where they a Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Dec 8, 2015
- Cuba (part 1): Havana
I had a totally amazing time in Cuba... it is an unashamedly charming, stylish, welcoming, musical and wondrous place....
Here's part 1 in Havana....
Visitors t Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Nov 30, 2015
- Historic Backpacking Journey Across Cuba[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE2Fcqy_ARI|American Backpacking Across Cuba]] Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Nov 24, 2015
- Escape from Guantanamo BayWarning: get your cup of coffee (or rum) ready now as this is a huge post because we have been in outer space for the last 3 weeks (or perhaps merely in Cuba with no Internet access)!!!!
But first, our last Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Sep 18, 2015
- Trinidad, CubaHostal Margaritas, Trinidad
Picture postcard cute, Trinidad is an almost fully intact colonial city of about 30,000. It feels a bit like San Cristobal de Las Casas in Mexico, with hills and cobblestone streets. Of course, that was close Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 14, 2015