- Into the Great UnknownHave you ever had one of those days that you knew at the start was going to be good? For me, that was our last day in Cyprus.
Mike and I had decided to leave North Cyprus for Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 4, 2014
- One Day in the North
The plan for today was to drive north and cross the border into Turkish Cyprus. Luckily, we'd found what appeared to be a good map the day before in Lar Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 4, 2014
- Walking back in timeAs I mentioned to friends and family that we were heading to Cyprus for vacation, many looked oddly at me and asked "What's there to see?" My patent answer was - History! Nearly every ancient civilization went through Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 4, 2014
- One for the History Books
One of the reasons I came to Cyprus was the wealth of historical sights from my favorite periods of history. The Egyptians were there, the Greeks, Romans, Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 2, 2014
- The Long and Winding Road"They" say patience is a virtue. After today, I tend to believe them.
Our day started with another Cypriot version of an English breakfast. Not bad, but I'm not really a fan of fried eggs. Add to that Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 2, 2014
- Trekking through the Troodos
It was a day of winding mountain roads, hairpin turns, and sublime medieval frescoes. Jenny and I pointed our rental car towards the Troodos Mountains wi Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 1, 2014
- Feeling HistoryFinally, after a long travel day, we made it to Cyprus. Ever since we booked our trip in December, I've been anxiously looking forward to seeing this island packed full of history.
[img=http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i4/jengt123/Cyprus%202014/image Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Apr 1, 2014
- Navigating our way around Cyprus
Driving on the "wrong" side of the road is one of the few drawbacks of visiting Cyprus. I had my initiation last night, driving our rental car home from the a Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 31, 2014
- At long last...Cyprus!
Most people seem to know vaguely that Cyprus is somewhere in the Mediterranean, so I thought I'd include this map. I have been wanting to visit the island for years. History's greatest c Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 29, 2014
- Coral Bay, CyprusTo get to Cyprus we had a flight from Milan to Thessaloniki then a connecting flight to Larnaca which was annoyingly the wrong side of the island! However Cyprus is pretty small and after paying an extortionate price for Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Aug 7, 2013
- Haloumi, Chest Hair and Honey Boo Boo Child in CyprusI was in luck, it was still the season for sun tanning and middle-aged semi-nakedness when I arrived in Cyprus. A warm 32°C October day to melt my then British sensibilities and warm my cockles.
It seems, although part of the Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Mar 22, 2013
- Bye Bye Dubai!Thank you to all the people we have met over the past few years in Dubai, without you we wouldnt be leaving with the best memories ever and the biggest smiles on our faces. It woiuld definitely have been a Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Jan 26, 2013
- Sunny Cyprus!
Me at ancient kourion site.
Me ancient kourion site.
Me acient kourion si Posted by bstead in Traveltime in Europe | Sep 30, 2012
- Limassol, CyprusAfter a marathon of new cities these last few days, we decided to Limassol fairly easy and relaxed, which still ended up being a fantastic day. After a slower start from the ship, we had a long walk along the Posted by itengoredhair in (Professional) Global Nomads | Mar 31, 2012
- Cyprus - Paphos & surrounding areasMichael had been posted to Cyprus with the army for 6 months, and they gave each soldier there a grant for them to hire a villa for people to come and see them or to go home and see their Posted by viajero_chica in My journey around the world........ | Sep 12, 2011
- Limassol to GirneBefore we had even set foot ın Cyprus I was already mispronounciıng lımassol as lemon sole. Freudıan perhaps as I defınıtely had food on the braın salıvatıng over ımages of the best of greek and turkısh cuısıne wıthın one ısland. Posted by mrs lewis in Mariana and Rob's honeymoon adventure | Jun 12, 2011
- CyprusCyprus was kind of a last minute decision – due to the unrest in Egypt, and as opposed to going to Turkey a week early, we decided on a little detour via the "year round island"... Cyprus has a bit Posted by RobandEve in The Honeymooners | Apr 25, 2011
- test Posted by jaketester in The travel | Apr 6, 2011
- Exploring the Limassol City CentreToday I ventured onto a bus to travel a 7 km trip into Limassol city centre by buying a day pass for 2 Euros. Initially I thought of walking the distance but the outside temperature was over 25 degrees and Posted by Peter_E in Cyprus_Rome and Paris | Jan 5, 2011
- Conference Day at LimassolThe ICSEI Conference for 2011 started today and so John went one way and I explored the local region. We noted with shock and horror that Moni Power Station is less than a kilomter from the Le Meridien Hotel. Even Posted by Peter_E in Cyprus_Rome and Paris | Jan 4, 2011
- Limassol, Cyprus 3 January 2011After 42 hours or travel from Sydney to Limassol in shuttles, aeroplanes and airport lounges we arrived a little like the old grey mare. We left on Saturday 1/1/2011 at 1215 and airrived Monday 3/1/2011 0540 (Sydney time). Posted by Peter_E in Cyprus_Rome and Paris | Jan 3, 2011
- Cyprus - The Turkish North
Our next stop was the capital of Cyprus, Nicosia, which is a city that is interestingly split into two by a 'Green Line', a demilitarized zone maintained by the UN, and splits the Greek south of the Posted by JacChalky in Jac & Chalky's Excellent Adventure | Apr 27, 2010
- Cyprus - The Greek South
Cyprus, Cyprus, Cyprus... What a sunny and aquamarine island thee is. We landed in Larnaca airport very early in the morning after a 45-minute flight from Beirut (a 45-minute flight t Posted by JacChalky in Jac & Chalky's Excellent Adventure | Apr 25, 2010
- Hi!Tomorrow I will be starting an adventure around the world! I'm really looking forward to it and hope you will enjoy following me during the coming year in all the different places I will go to!! And the adventures and Posted by jujubee in 1 Year, 1 Backpack | Apr 19, 2009
- Travelling to a country that doesn't existTravelling to a country that doesn’t exist…
In April I am planning to go on holiday to a country that, by all accounts, does not officially exist!
The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (more widely known as the TRNC or just North Posted by Liv2Xplore in Travel to a country that doesn't exist | Mar 31, 2009