- Chapter 32Our last day we mostly spent wandering around exploring the Old City. We found many beautiful old buildings and buskers (including a traditional threesome called the Bohemian Bards dressed in old leather gear). We finally walked across the Charles Bridge, Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 31Was a rainy day, so we spent the morning catching up with plans and messages. Finally leaving the hostel, we left solo for the Music Museum. It had an exhibit on the Czech symbology of death and music but the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 30Somehow we got ourselves organized enough to get out of the city with a small group. One of the aussies had a friend from Liberec and that was our destination as it was only an hour north of Prague. Once Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 29BEST SUNDAY EVER- as titled by our new aussie/kiwi friends. We were a rag-tag group of aussie, brit, israeli, kiwi and canadians that convened on the sunny patio where we decided we had to find food and the local beer Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 28Despite our aching heads, we made it to our second walking tour with Tom, through the hills of the royal palace. We survived the tram up the hill and walked through a church to overlook the royal fruit tree garden, Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 27It was time to travel further east, and our first stop was Prague (Praha), Czech Republic. An amazing city full of views and cheap beer, our hostel was a short walk from the main station and right besides the massive Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Cesky Krumlov==15 -16 September 2015==
Sad to leave Prague - such a lovely city. Five days - not really long enough - but enough that we learned a little about the city, ate some great food drank some great beer and Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 25, 2015
- Terezin Concentration Camp==14 September 2015==
Brenda and I started the day in Old Town Square, a quiet place early in the morning. The town just starting to wake and so were we.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/393929/P1150688.jpg caption=Early Morning Prague Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 24, 2015
- Czech Republic - Pilsen and surrounds - part 2And the adventure continues!
After one working-bee day, John took us back to his sister-in-law’ (Nadia Skardova nee Kubaskova) house for lunch. Nadia is absolutely lovely and spoilt the boys with gifts and cooked us a delicious lunch. I Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Sep 21, 2015
- Czech Republic - Pilsen and surrounds - part 1Czech Republic – Pilsen and surrounds - part 1
Pilsen was our first port of call in the Czech Republic. We booked 3 nights in Pilsen with the aim of catching up with one of Ash’s former work colleagues and good Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Sep 21, 2015
- Prague Jewish Quarter and Cemetery==13 September 2015==
By coincidence, we decided to visit the Jewish Quarter of Prague during the day prior to Rosh Hashanah. The area has history dating back to the 13th century.
We started the day traveling by Metro for the first Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 19, 2015
- Trippin' outWhen researching Prague, I was looking a day trips out of the city. One place stood out - Cesky Krumlov. I had heard some wonderful things about the city. I also heard there wasn't time to do the Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Sep 17, 2015
- More of Prague==11 and 12 September 2015==
Friday and we're off to tour the Prague Castle. It's a huge complex. The tickets are 350Kc (about $14.50 USD) and the tickets are good for two days. We took in St Vitus Cathedral, Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 17, 2015
- Our first day in Prague...==10 September 2015==
We all slept very well but were excited to start our tour of Prague. We'd heard so many good things. We agreed that the first one up would find the grocery store (we were told Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 16, 2015
- Prague ....I love this city!!!!==16 September 2015
==I've been meaning to sit and get this blog started but Prague was such a beautiful city and for the most part the weather has been stellar. Right now we are south of Prague in the Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 16, 2015
- Ahhh, Prague!Wow, it's been a busy few days to start my trip to Czech Republic and Poland. I hit the ground running as soon as I got into Prague on Tuesday. I like to take the first few hours Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Sep 14, 2015
- Cesky Krumlov Czech Republic. 24 8 2015While some on board stayed and walked around Passau we went on the day trip to Cesky Krumlov. 2 hour bus ride through Bavarian forest seeing normal German villages and farms. We travelled in the day from Germany into Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 29, 2015
- Adršpach-Teplice RocksHere's a new blog of something I did a few months ago.
I spent the day walking around the natural rock formations in Adršpašsko-teplické, pretty much it.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by ChrisTravels in Europe 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- PragueWe left Munich this morning and our first stop along the way was Nurnberg. This little town is famous for gingerbread, and was quite special. It is also famous for its Christmas markets (which were replaced by a produce Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 17, 2015
- Prague[center]We fit in a lot during our one day in Prague – doing over 31,000 steps!
We started the day off with a free walking tour of the 'old town' and 'Jewish quarter', and then did a paid walking tour Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 6, 2015
- Another highlight dayOur last full day in the Czeck Republic was spent on a day trip to Prague. As all but one other couple have already headed out, it seemed a little lonely so we thought it’s a warm and humid day Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 25, 2015
- Discovering a little more of PragueWe seem to have arrived in Europe at the same time as the general trend towards heat waves. Yesterday - Wednesday 22nd, was bloody hot. Of course they are not prepared for this sort of weather, as I Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 23, 2015
- Wow, what a dayOur last full day with Scenic organised activities prior to the end of this part of our trip. An 8 o'clock start saw us on the bus and heading for the Prague Castle area. Simply breathtaking views of Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Back on the airCan't believe we are so far behind with the blog. Please we were trying, it just wouldn't work on the ship. With a bit of luck we could get our emails but not all the time. In Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 20, 2015
- Two days in PragueSaturday 4 July 2015
Another hot one today at 34C and no end to the heatwave in sight.
We slept in this morning, not waking up until 8.30am. In Berlin the curtains barely covered the windows and the bright sunshine was waking Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 5, 2015