- Heading HomeAs we began our homeward journey, Prague once again was blanketed in fog. Unlike some of our companions who left the hotel at 3:30 AM, we did not have to be ready until 11 AM.
Our first hurdle was cleared Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 17 Sunday, 11/20Prague is even more beautiful when the sun comes out!
We took the subway to begin our morning in Wenceslas Square. The National Museum is located here, along with numerous shops, hotels, restaurants, and offices. Historically, the square has been Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 16 Saturday, 11/19We awoke to pouring rain, and it continued to rain in varying degrees of intensity throughout the day.
We had a four hour Viking tour of the city that included some time on the bus, but was primarily a walking tour, Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 15 Friday, 11/18Founded around the year 885, Prague has been a center of trade and commerce for well over 1000 years. Having survived the destruction of world wars, it's architecture reflects its rich history.
Prague has always been on our "TO DO" Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 24, 2016
- A brief, but memorable, encounter with the Czech RepublicAfter spending quite a bit longer in Poland than expected, we were left with 3 countries to visit in the three and a bit weeks before meeting Victoria in Western Italy, so we decided it was best to do two Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 11, 2016
- PragueI will just start by saying that we are loving the Eurail Pass! It is making travelling the continent so easy, and the trains are numerous and efficient and comfortable. In planning this trip, we booked accommodation as close to Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Oct 7, 2016
- Prague - Day 39/20/2016 - we catch some great weather today and take advantage. My cold almost completely gone, but MA's is still lingering. Bought some nasty tasting cold medicine at the local pharmacy and it seems to be helping her. Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- Prague - Day 29/19/2016 - We hit the ground running today in Prague, even though we're both fighting colds (ugh!). Logged 23,421 steps (11.5 miles) on our FitBit's. Visited the Charles Bridge ("Karlov most" in Czech), Old town square, Astronomical Clock, Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Arrived in Prague - long flight(s)!9/18/2016 late p.m. Met our driver at the Prague airport and were whisked away to our hotel, the Golden Wheel. Nice area, close to castle, lots of charm.
Here is the view from our room #102.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/702262/large_90_7 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Day 35 Vienna to Prague (by train)Up early today to catch a train back to Prague. WHY WE are doing this was we didn't want to fly from Vienna to Paris (no safe airlines). We Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 21 PragueThis morning we met our new tour-15 people. ALL AUSSIES except for 2 KIWIS!!!!!!!. Went for a walk around Prague old city Walked Charles Bridge and city square. Had lunch in city's square. It's an amazing city with great Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 20 CESKY Krumlow to PragueToday we got up early and I had the strangest breakfast yet. Broccoli, Cauilflower, carrot (all cooked), a cold boiled egg and some bacon. We did 2 tours of the castle inside but we were not allowed to take any Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 17, 2016
- DAY 19 PRAGUE TO CESKY KRUMLOVGetting the bus was a bit of adventure. We Gotye to the terminal but there was a bit of guesswork to figure out the system. Anyway without too much drama we boarded a lovely coach with mainly Asian Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 18 London to PragueToday was a travel day. The car to pick us up in London was an hour late and took 2 phone calls to arrive. We couldn't check in on line as Bristish Airways was having problems with its system so Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 15, 2016
- RainczechNo rest for the wicked! We were up and ready for action (relatively) early on Monday to make the most of our strategically-close-to-the-castle location. By 9.10am we were through the castle gate, and by 9.15 we had castle Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 12, 2016
- CzecherboardThursday started with a slightly more conventional cultural experience - the modern art museum. We stopped at a randomly chosen cafe on the way and had smoothies for breakfast, and as a result, we should be fairly right for Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 8, 2016
- Czech this out...Tuesday morning came around all too soon, and at 5.40am we walked into Leeds airport with our backpacks and our boarding passes. I don't remember much of the security/boarding process as I'm fairly sure that I was still asleep. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 3, 2016
- Prague 3We went back to the castle today after storing our luggage at the hostel and checking out. Words fail me and I've seen my fair share of churches. This one, St Vitus cathedral, is among the best. There were several Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 19, 2016
- Prague Day 2We took a free tour to the beautiful Prague castle area to day. The guide was very knowledgeable but also very opinionated. His daily breaky is a coffee and a joint. It hasn't affected his amazing memory for facts Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 19, 2016
- Prague 1This morning after a surprisingly good night's sleep we had a hostel breaky for 100 koruna each and joined the free tour of old town. Old town is not the real Prague. It really is just for tourists and I Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 17, 2016
- Czech it out!They say better late than never, right? well this is only about a week overdue so I think that applies here. From Vienna we made our way back up north to the Czech Republic on the 9th of June. So Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jun 19, 2016
- Prague 3 - the end is nighAnother fine day. We went off to the old town again, having a wander through the old jewish quarter and along the river, then up the hill again to the castle, back across the river to pull up for a Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- Prague 2The weather has been kind to us again, a shower this afternoon, but we were home anyhow.
While I think of it, a hint for travellers. Glenda has come up with a brilliant scheme for when you are in a strange Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- PrahaAnother day when the weather has been kind. We set off this morning to explore Prague, starting with the old town, and there was plenty to see there. Then a cuppa (at KFC, because they had good coffee at half Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 12, 2016
- New HomeWe set off to the station this morning with showers threatening, but except for a light sprinkle just before we reached the station it remained dry. The train to Nuremburg was quite full, and it was one of the trains Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 11, 2016