- On The Feast of StephenA lazy day was needed and had on our 4th day in Prague, we meandered through our neighbourhood shops and spent a ridiculous amount of money on cheese and salami. Which led us to spending an afternoon in our gorgeous Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 27, 2017
- Good King Wenceslas Looked Down....We flew into the Czech Republic Sunday afternoon, coming in over dazzling snowfields, broken up by small forrest tracts. It really was a wonderful sight, surreal almost or should we say Kafkaesque. Fortunately the runways were clear and we landed Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 25, 2017
- Southern Czechia: Telč and Český KrumlovThe original plan was to stop in Telč on the way from Olomouc to Prague, but we ran out of time. Fortunately it wasn't a major detour from our route to Český Krumlov, so we didn't have to miss it. Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 20, 2017
- Prague part II, including Kutná HoraTuesday morning we started the day at Vyšehrad, an old fort on the banks of the Vltava south of the New Town. There was a great playground with a mini zipline and 360° views of Prague, as far as Prague Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 16, 2017
- Prague part I, including Karlštejn and PilsenSomehow in 47 years of extensive travel first with my parents, and then on my own, I had missed out on Prague. For some time it had been the number one city on my list of the unseen, so I Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 15, 2017
- Western Czechia: Olomouc and BrnoI had found Olomouc hunting for a stop between Kraków and Prague, which would otherwise have been an unpleasant six hour drive. My other option was Wroclaw in Poland, but ultimately I went with Olomouc because it bothered me to Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 12, 2017
- PragueI started this blog just before I went to Prague, and updated it with some photos of trips while I was over there, but had since forgotten about it. Recently, I was thinking that I wished I kept a diary Posted by Ciara-Gissane in My adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Na shledanouSo today is the day I have all my exam finished, and my last full day that I’ll be spending on campus in my adopted home.
Tomorrow I have to clear my dorm room and check out, collect my AirBnB keys, Posted by Ciara-Gissane in My adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Czech RepublicThe twinkling lights of Prague greeted us on our arrival on the night of the 30th of October. It was an easy walk to our hotel from the Central Bus Station. We found ourselves a great little cafe just down Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 10, 2016
- Heading HomeAs we began our homeward journey, Prague once again was blanketed in fog. Unlike some of our companions who left the hotel at 3:30 AM, we did not have to be ready until 11 AM.
Our first hurdle was cleared Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 17 Sunday, 11/20Prague is even more beautiful when the sun comes out!
We took the subway to begin our morning in Wenceslas Square. The National Museum is located here, along with numerous shops, hotels, restaurants, and offices. Historically, the square has been Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 16 Saturday, 11/19We awoke to pouring rain, and it continued to rain in varying degrees of intensity throughout the day.
We had a four hour Viking tour of the city that included some time on the bus, but was primarily a walking tour, Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 15 Friday, 11/18Founded around the year 885, Prague has been a center of trade and commerce for well over 1000 years. Having survived the destruction of world wars, it's architecture reflects its rich history.
Prague has always been on our "TO DO" Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 24, 2016
- A brief, but memorable, encounter with the Czech RepublicAfter spending quite a bit longer in Poland than expected, we were left with 3 countries to visit in the three and a bit weeks before meeting Victoria in Western Italy, so we decided it was best to do two Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 11, 2016
- PragueI will just start by saying that we are loving the Eurail Pass! It is making travelling the continent so easy, and the trains are numerous and efficient and comfortable. In planning this trip, we booked accommodation as close to Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Oct 7, 2016
- Prague - Day 39/20/2016 - we catch some great weather today and take advantage. My cold almost completely gone, but MA's is still lingering. Bought some nasty tasting cold medicine at the local pharmacy and it seems to be helping her. Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- Prague - Day 29/19/2016 - We hit the ground running today in Prague, even though we're both fighting colds (ugh!). Logged 23,421 steps (11.5 miles) on our FitBit's. Visited the Charles Bridge ("Karlov most" in Czech), Old town square, Astronomical Clock, Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Arrived in Prague - long flight(s)!9/18/2016 late p.m. Met our driver at the Prague airport and were whisked away to our hotel, the Golden Wheel. Nice area, close to castle, lots of charm.
Here is the view from our room #102.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/702262/large_90_7 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Day 35 Vienna to Prague (by train)Up early today to catch a train back to Prague. WHY WE are doing this was we didn't want to fly from Vienna to Paris (no safe airlines). We Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 21 PragueThis morning we met our new tour-15 people. ALL AUSSIES except for 2 KIWIS!!!!!!!. Went for a walk around Prague old city Walked Charles Bridge and city square. Had lunch in city's square. It's an amazing city with great Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 20 CESKY Krumlow to PragueToday we got up early and I had the strangest breakfast yet. Broccoli, Cauilflower, carrot (all cooked), a cold boiled egg and some bacon. We did 2 tours of the castle inside but we were not allowed to take any Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 17, 2016
- DAY 19 PRAGUE TO CESKY KRUMLOVGetting the bus was a bit of adventure. We Gotye to the terminal but there was a bit of guesswork to figure out the system. Anyway without too much drama we boarded a lovely coach with mainly Asian Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 18 London to PragueToday was a travel day. The car to pick us up in London was an hour late and took 2 phone calls to arrive. We couldn't check in on line as Bristish Airways was having problems with its system so Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 15, 2016
- RainczechNo rest for the wicked! We were up and ready for action (relatively) early on Monday to make the most of our strategically-close-to-the-castle location. By 9.10am we were through the castle gate, and by 9.15 we had castle Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 12, 2016
- CzecherboardThursday started with a slightly more conventional cultural experience - the modern art museum. We stopped at a randomly chosen cafe on the way and had smoothies for breakfast, and as a result, we should be fairly right for Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 8, 2016