- Day Out to JutlandSeeing the 'Tollund Man' had been high up on my bucket list from early on when I first started thinking of visiting Denmark, little did I appreciate just how far away the peat bog he was buried in was from Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 23, 2014
- North ZealandFirst thing I made my way back to the Rundetarn as soon as it opened to take in the view and it didn't disappoint. The Rundetarn (Round Tower) is 115 get high with a ramp up to the top rather Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 22, 2014
- Exploring the Danish CapitolMy first day in Copenhagen was set aside to explore as much of the headline sights as possible so began with me tracking down somewhere to buy a 48 hour Copenhagen Card which would give me free travel and entry Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 22, 2014
- CopenhagenI landed in Copenhagen, cleared passport control and reclaimed my suitcase without much fuss and got a 36 DKK (about £3.84) ticket into town without much bother. Then I started getting it wrong, instead of getting the direct Metro Line Posted by FrancisRTW in Scandinavia Autumn 2014 | Oct 21, 2014
- Copenhagen day 2Today in Copenhagen it rained. And it didn't stop. And it wasn't just a little rain. It poured. Evidence from our drive to the stadium shown here. Felt like driving through a river:
Th Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 19, 2014
- Copenhagen Day 1Today was just a great day.
We started late because I got in so late last night after all the plane delays so I met Line around lunchtime in the lobby of my hotel. I met Line on my G Adventures Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 18, 2014
- SailingMax out sailing with his host father. After two sailing jaunts he thinks he may want to sail around the world.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by sammaxwill2013 in Max Masters Denmark 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Max arrives...finally! Posted by sammaxwill2013 in Max Masters Denmark 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- Return to Copenhagen, DenmarkThe Royal Princess eased her way into her berth before the 06:30 sunrise and before long almost 2500 passengers were disembarked and the crew prepared to receive an equal number of new passengers. There is also a significant crew Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 10, 2014
- At Sea - En-route to CopenhagenAwoke this morning to find that the ship does actually move about !! For days the weather has been so calm one needed to constantly remind themselves that were in fact afloat. A slight rocking of the ship Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 9, 2014
- Boarding the Royal PrincessAfter another excellent breakfast we returned to our room and packed our cases. The official 'check-in' time for the ship is 13:00 so there was no rush to leave. It was raining so we decided to just sit Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 30, 2014
- Copenhagen - Day TwoAwoke to an overcast sky but no actual rain - yet. Locals are almost universally wearing coats and jackets. We enjoyed our buffet breakfast and met two couples who are also sailing on the Royal Princess.
After breakfast we Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 29, 2014
- Copenhagen - Day OneGot up this morning after about 15 hours sleep and felt almost refreshed. A lovely hot shower and a delicious buffet breakfast and we were just about ready for anything.
The lovely lady at Reception marked some highlights on our Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 28, 2014
- Dubai and BeyondWe left Sydney close to 21:00 aboard a packed airbus A380-800 about 500 passengers aboard. The facilities were nothing short of outstanding with an amazing selection of movies to watch. There was also a view from the tailplane Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 27, 2014
- COPENHAGENWe arrived early at the Brisbane International Airport and were lucky enough to be able to use my squillion Emirates Skywards points to upgrade to Business Class to Dubai. We chose not to do so from Dubai to Copenhagen as Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Aug 24, 2014
- Copenhagen - Day 2Today is my last day in Copenhagen and tomorrow I begin the long journey home. I feel quite sad that it has to end but my real life has just been put on hold for a couple of months and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 20, 2014
- Copenhagen - Day 1I was beginning to think that I’ve seen so many things that I was over sightseeing – what a terrible thought. But here I am in fabulous Copenhagen and the love of sightseeing is back again!
I left the hotel around Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 19, 2014
- CopenhagenI've now been travelling for 69 days and I'm back in Denmark where I started my journey way back in June.
I caught the train from Stockholm to Copenhagen (10.21am to 3.30pm) – another boring five hour trip on a rainy Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 18, 2014
- Fairy Tales & RollercoastersStarted our day & ended it with a stroll through what we thought was a park (seriously on the map it looked like a park) how were we meant to know it was a fortress which the military still use Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 7, 2014
- 2014 G3 OCEAN PRINCESS - COPENHAGENCOPENHAGEN - THE FINAL STOP BEFORE GETTING OFF THE OCEAN PRINCESS ....
LOTS OF WINDMILLS WITH SWEDEN IN THE DISTANCE ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1180386.j Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Mary & Fred Aren't HomeMid afternoon we arrived in Copenhagen after spending the day traveling, just a few problems today cancelled train ... we ended up on the replacement bus & a hot train carriage ... we moved.
We decided to do a canal Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 5, 2014
- Copenhagen, the Last Of ScandinaviaWhen we first arrive in a new city we either go to the tourist information center, if we have located it on a map, or we find people and ask directions. Copenhagen was no different.
It was evening when we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 3, 2014
- Exploring Denmark - Easter Weekend 2014Danes take their time off seriously, so when there is an opportunity to have a holiday - they embrace it and make it law. So when it comes to Easter, you end up with 5 days off. So back Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jul 31, 2014
Swedish airlines bring Swedish Meatballs. The older lady next to me asks me to help her open her water bottle and replies "tack" (thank you).
Just as I am becoming engrossed in a W Posted by shaunadenada in Shauna De Nada | Jul 27, 2014
- LEGOLAND!Think an amusement park, combine it to a theme park where all is made of Lego (greatest Danish contribution to modern world, except for the world-renown black&white pigs (main ingredient for epic ribs) and the famous (at least in Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 30, 2014