- Accidental DiscoveriesWhen my mother died in 2006, my sister and I divided up the media. She took the 16 mm movies and digitized them. I took the prints and the slides and started to digitize them. Since my Posted by greatgrandmaR in Then and Now | Mar 28, 2017
- DenmarkLet's start with Denmark, the country I visited on my very first international trip at the age of 1 year and 10 months. I can't remember anything from my first visit, but my family and I revisited the country twice Posted by king_golo in My travels | Feb 22, 2017
- Day 18 (4 Feb)Second day in Copenhagen.
Visited early in the morning the National Museum of Denmark.
It has a large collection of things all Danish. From stone age to the Viking period, up to modern times.
Many items to be seen. Most interesting for Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Feb 4, 2017
- Day 17 (3 Feb)I know who I have to blame for this.
Maybe you know him, otherwise suggest you try and catch one of his TV programs on BBC. He is a celebrity cook such as Gordo Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Feb 3, 2017
- The "Happiest Place in the World"==15 Euro Flight==
I want to start this blog witb some sweet travel advice... previously I had used [[http://skyscanner.net|skyscanner]] to help decide where and how to fly, but good old Google have proven one better. [[http://www.google.com/flights/?hl= Posted by travellinghoney in Can Kiwis Fly? | Dec 18, 2016
- Stop # 5 Copenhagen[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/383542/13529066_1..487540248_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Dec 9, 2016
- A Quick Visit to CopenhagenAfter crossing back across the spectacular bridge that links Sweden with Denmark, we decided that we should pay a visit to Copenhagen, especially as it’s known as one of the greatest cycle cities of Europe.
To be honest with you, Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Day 5 - Dragor, Christiansborg Palace, & Ferry to OsloToday we took a short walk after breakfast along the canal across from our hotel. On the way back we saw one of the bikes with sort of a box in front that parents use to transport their children. Denmark Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 23, 2016
- Frederiksborg CastleThis entry will document a day trip to Frederiksborg Castle, the castle is the largest Renaissance residence in Scandinavia and is situated at the northern end of Copenhagen, at Hillerod. This is an interesting castle due to several aspect. It Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 4 - Copenhagen- Karen Blixen house, Kronborg CastleThis morning we drove north about 45 miles to Rungsted and the home of Karen Blixen who wrote Out of Africa. She is one of Denmark 's most famous authors. We toured her home and gardens. Now we will have Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 1, 2, 3 - Flight and first Days in CopenhagenOur non-stop flight from SFO to Copenhagen was 11 hours. Not sure I slept at all, but the flight was uneventful.
We checked into our Danish (modern) hotel at about 3 Posted by PatriciaA in Copenhagen & Norway - August 2016 | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 8: Last Day in CopenhagenMaureen and I spent the equivalent of ~$85 each on dinner last night. That’s kinda high for what we had, but it got me to thinkin’. The cost of food here and in Iceland is higher than in Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 19, 2016
- Day 7: Getting to Know CopenhagenJust some thoughts before I get started with the events of the day. As does always happen when a group of travel enthusiasts get together over a meal, last night the conversation turned to favorite places, etc. We Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 18, 2016
- Day 6: On to CopenhagenDisaster was narrowly averted this morning. We had to checkout very early in order to get to the Reykjavik airport in plenty of time for our 8:20AM flight to Copenhagen. I set my alarm for 4:00 and Carol Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 17, 2016
- Farewell to GreenlandDeparture day from Greenland and I'm rather sad to leave. The past few days have been so incredible that I wish they could never end.
Check out was quite early at 9am. I took my bags over Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 7, 2016
- Let the trip begin!The trip started off on a bad foot, even before leaving the airport in Raleigh. The flight, direct to London, was supposed to depart at 18:00, but a delay of five hours was announced at about 17:00; they claimed Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 3, 2016
- Day 3 - CopenhagenDay 3 Copenhagen
Saturday 16 July 2016
Today started out marvellously with a delicious breakfast where we were met by Cherryl and Doug Lukin. They had arrived from Casablanca around 7.30 last night. We decided to walk with them and retrace Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 16, 2016
- Day 2 - CopenhagenIt’s another birthday and what better way to spend it – eating breakfast in Copenhagen. The spread was delicious and the cold meats and cheese were irresistible. Of course, there is always the obligatory pastry to finish off the meal.
After Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 16, 2016
- Day 1 - CopenhagenThirty-three years ago, Ross and I arrived in Copenhagen by train from Hamburg and we lumped our backpacks through the snow to our pension. Today it was different. We arrived by A380, we caught a taxi to Hotel Skt. Annae, Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 14, 2016
- One young man and his mom in DenmarkThis was Max's first home and his brother Emil when he was on exchange here 2014-2015. They have welcomed me with open arms and lovely food as well.
Five days and counting until I meet up with the rest of Posted by The Crew in 5 Women, 7 Countries, 15 Pair of Shoes | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 68We awoke to another clear sky with wispy clouds. The high today was 25 C or 77 F. It was a very comfortable day.
We had not set any plans for the day so looked online for some suggestions. We thought Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 7, 2016
- Day 67Even with all the photos we sent out yesterday, we still forgot an interesting one. As we drove from the Viking Ship Museum to Frederiksborg Castle we spotted this compact wind farm. We had not seen one base holding four Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 6, 2016
- Day 66Last night after we finished our messages we noticed a lovely sunset out of our window so we decided to share it with you today.
This morning we we Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 5, 2016
- Day 65After a comfortable night in our castle just out of Faaborg we drove into town in search of breakfast and a laundromat.
We found both things in the "old town" part of Faaborg. The locals were setting up their Saturday Market Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 4, 2016
- Day 64We woke this morning to a bright sunny day. Again we were reminded of the big sky we see in Saskatchewan. The high temperature today was 27 C or 81 F.
We set off to Odense to see the Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 3, 2016