- Finding the Little Mermaid in CopenhagenSo after all the excitement of London it was onto Denmark at 430am the next morning.
It was a long awaited reunion to see my friend Kat who I met 3 years ago in the US who is half Danish, Posted by Rosie Anderson in Inked travel musings | Sep 9, 2012
- Martini, pringles and peaceYesterday was just a casual day, I'd intended to spend the day at Aarhus but the clouds were overloaded and felt the need to empty over the town, for hours, and there's only so much you can do outside (dogs Posted by Val G in Have Landy will Travel | Aug 26, 2012
- It's just a simple shower...........unless you've got a dog with you!
You see, when the shower and toilet block is a couple of hundred yards away from your tent, and your car is another 200 yards beyond that (current tent pitched in a conservation area, Posted by Val G in Have Landy will Travel | Aug 24, 2012
- No fire drills planned todayBlog housekeeping, a bit like the boring bits you get told at the beginning of a conference or flight, all stuff you already know and will never need, but I thought I'd state the obvious on this blogg thingy.
Some days Posted by Val G in Have Landy will Travel | Aug 23, 2012
- Oh my God I'm actually here..........and I'm only allowing myself one other occasion to say that by the way....
I crossed the border into Scandinavia at lunch time today and couldn't stop smiling. I know I've been gone 4 days and already been through France, Belgium, Holland Posted by Val G in Have Landy will Travel | Aug 22, 2012
- OK, who brought the teenager........whoops, that would be me !
She may be blonde, with huge eyes and a perfected "you can't mean me" look, but my little (!) Lab is being a right minx.
The other night I went to bed, having said the magic Posted by Val G in Have Landy will Travel | Aug 22, 2012
- The Colours of Copenhagen
You can’t really miss where Germany turns Scandinavia – you drive past several tall Danish flags, with slightly shorter flags representing the other Scandinavian countries. It’s actually a really cool welcome. I’ve always thought this part of the world Posted by Mr n Mrs Awsme in The Great Euro Adventure | Aug 22, 2012
- LegolandSaying goodbye to the Christiana we caught the train to Billund for Legoland. We had fallen into the trap of staying in the over-priced fairly average Legoland hotel. Many of the comments on Trip Advisor pan the hotel, and Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Aug 17, 2012
- CopenhagenWhen in Denmark it is important to do as the Danes do and ride a bike. Copenhagen alone has over 360 kms of bike tracks, and 55% of the population commutes daily! This is the solution for us we Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Aug 17, 2012
- Out and aboutWe've had some lovely times just enjoying being 'out and about' around Aarhus, and checking out some of the local landmarks.
One of our earlier trips was to Brabrand Sø (Sø = lake), quite a large lake only 10mins from the Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 15, 2012
- Too Much Legoland - And Reflections on Cultures
It seemed silly to be leaving London (or anywhere for that matter) to fly to Denmark for a trip to Legoland. I’ve written about this bargain before, where early on in our trip planning we tri Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Aug 8, 2012
- Just the tip of the Iceberg...
I have to admit, like most blogs, this one has gone a bit neglected, as my life has somehow gotten crazier and busier by the day. Not sure how it happens, but in an instant, life just takes of Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Aug 5, 2012
- A Day in Copenhagen at TivoliMonday we took the Øresunds tåget over to København/COpenhagen to spend a day at Tivoli Gardens. Carina, Leif, David, Caroline and I enjoyed the røde pølse (red hotdogs), Tuborg beer, ice cream and many of the rides. We have Posted by giselaannika in Gisela's 2012 Sabbatical | Jul 25, 2012
- MoesgårdWe travelled back to one of our favourite places in Aarhus - Moesgård Museum, and surrounds. The museum has an archaeological and ethnographic focus and is housed in Moesgård Manor estate, located in the forests south of Aarhus, Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 24, 2012
- Viking ArosYesterday we visited [i]Viking Aros[i] the Århus/ Aarhus viking museum. This is the actual site of an archaeological dig by Moesgård museum archaeologists conducted 1963-64. The site takes you approx. 3m below street level into Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 17, 2012
- ARoS, Aarhus KunstmuseumWhile we had previously visited Aarhus's art gallery, it was a 'must see again' due to 'Your Rainbow Panorama' which has been erected on the roof of the building since our last visit. Our initial reaction to Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 15, 2012
- AarhusTuesday 3 July:
Finally ... arrived in Copenhagen early (approx. 7.30am) at international Terminal 3 and collected our luggage. From our previous visits to DK we knew we had to transfer to the domestic terminal Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 13, 2012
- CopenhagenWe left Amsterdam on a high note and flew to Copenhagen. We had the usual confusion regarding train location and which train to take. I always use google maps on my blackberry- always great to know you are Posted by Jcarrara in Europe2012 | Jul 11, 2012
- Copenhagen day 2/3Monday is the day Copenhagen attractions are closed. The weather we expected- not necessarily wanted -cooler weather with clouds and some rain made its appearance.
We started the day by watching the changing of the palace guards. Posted by Jcarrara in Europe2012 | Jul 11, 2012
- First Stop: London
London is where I spent my teenage years. So, it's home.
Before I head off for all the fun and food of the US of A, I'm going to pay my parents a very, ver Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 26, 2012
- Raring To GoTomorrow morning I officially give up my key and I will never see the first place I called home in Copenhagen.
It's not sad.
The guy I live with is a constant pain in the ass, be it for the Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 25, 2012
- Packing Everything and Nearly GoingThis year is THE year.
I'm taking my first transcontinental flight.
I'm couchsurfing for the first time after having a profile for a couple of years.
I'm backpacking properly.
Camping for the second time ever.
And I just can't wait Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 24, 2012
- Hello Scandinavia!After five weeks on the road in Africa we were looking forward to the welcome change of being in a European city……that is until we paid AUD $6.35 for a take away coffee at the airport in Copenhagen! As we Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Jun 5, 2012
- So...what's YOUR story???
These days it seems that this questions is haunting my daily life! Now that I am settling into bartending and also have successfully begun my tour guide job, every person and traveler looks at Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Jun 4, 2012
- DenmarkThere's no getting away from it. Denmark is a bit dull. There's nothing particularly bad about the place; the cycling infrastructure is good. The campsites are good. Everyone speaks English fluently. The country seems to be run extremely competently and Posted by beyondbritain in My Big Bike Adventure | Jun 1, 2012