- Monday December 13, 2010Sunday December 12, 2010
We went to church this afternoon. We took the bus several minutes to Norrebro to the Christian church over there. It is an international church there that has several services in different languages and the one in Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 13, 2010
- CopenhagenI took a writing hiatus this week because I had the flu (popular diagnosis) and a very long to do list. But now I have written my papers, visited the building manager several times, studied for my finals, and sent Posted by KerryWood in Croissants and Classes | Dec 12, 2010
- Saturday December 11, 2010So it is Saturday here in Denmark and I am doing super exciting things....hanging out at the "Vascoteque"....or in English, the Laundromat. And I had to spend aroun $12 there because the "fully furnished" flat can only fit 2 pairs Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 11, 2010
- Friday December 10, 2010 So I have come to a few conclusions based on my lack of girlie products lately:
1. I would much rather have a flat iron than a comb.
2. Those ions in the hairdryers actually do something...(my new lame hairdryer here Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 10, 2010
- Wednesday December 8, 2010So today we hauled all of our things out of the Marriott and into our new(to us) flat. I will not say all the things I have thought of this flat, but it did occur to me while wandering through Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 8, 2010
- Tuesday December 7, 2010So today was a fairly uneventful day. Brian worked, we hung out in the room.
For dinner we decided to go try something new, so we went to Ad Libatium. Well, it smelled like old grease from a fryer...that should have Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 7, 2010
- Monday December 6, 2010Today we were starting a regular week for Brian, so he went up to the lounge and started work and we met him a little later for breakfast. After that the kids and I hung out for awhile in Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 6, 2010
- Sunday December 5, 2010Saturday December 4, 2010
Today we all walked down to the mall again through freshly fallen snow. About 1/4-1/2 and inch fell overnight and a little more fell in the time we walked in the mall.
After that, we all came back Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 5, 2010
- Friday, December 3, 2010So we actually got up in time for breakfast today, so the kids and I went downstairs to eat, then got bundled up to head to the mall a few blocks away. Thankfully the kids had their coats, hats, scarves, Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 3, 2010
- December 2, 2010Today we woke up at 3 am...we all had about 4 hours sleep then were wide awake. Unfortunately the hotel didn't have any coffee anywhere at that hour. So we stayed awake for about 2 hours then got tired again Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 2, 2010
- We are finally here!After a long day of travel yesterday, we are finally in Denmark, settled in to the hotel. I am snuggled up in bed looking out the window toward Tivoli and the blowing snow. It is currently 10 degrees F here!
I Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Dec 1, 2010
- I´m here![i]hi all!
arrived safely, the flights were great. and the food was great too! slept 10 hours on the long flight and 15 last night lol
it is so beautiful here. oh my goodness. it gets dark very early. 4pm today. Posted by sseyl in My Adventures... | Nov 14, 2010
- To Denmark We Go...in 3 weeks!Well, after months of changing plans, Brian has gotten the word that we are going after all. We even have airplane tickets this time! The date of departure is November 29th.
In the next three weeks, we are planning on Posted by kfamily4 in Eventyr ("adventure" in danish) | Nov 7, 2010
- Aarhus - and there's more ...While I think we have seen our share of churches during our holiday, we did find a couple more which I thought may be of interest due to their historical significance.
While travelling into Aarhus on the bus one day, we Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 27, 2010
- Aarhus: back home againWe moved into our second exchange home when returning from Spain, a 1 bedroom apartment in a large complex at Risskov (a northern suburb of Aarhus), only 800m or so from the beach, and the beautiful Ris Skov forest. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 25, 2010
- CopenhagenOn Monday 23 August we caught the train for a 4 hour trip from Århus on Jutland, crossing the island of Funen to Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital on the island of Zealand. Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit – Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Sep 27, 2010
- Catch up time, Norway through to OsloTuesday May 18
Late start to the day, but managed to get in some breakfast. wandered around the old town section of Odense, staying well clear of the Hans Christian Anderson House. Contemplated going to the Odense zoo via a canal Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | Aug 23, 2010
- SkagenRikke and Aaron headed home Sunday evening leaving Chas and me to continue our journey north to Skagen. We were now on our own, but thankfully travelling with our ever supportive and knowledgeable 'Ken', our GPS. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 7, 2010
- North DenmarkOn the weekend of 24 & 25 July, Rikke, Aaron, Chas and myself travelled to the north of Denmark to visit the beautiful area of Thy. This is a special area surrounded by the Limfjord and the North Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 5, 2010
- Settling inHave now been in Denmark for the last 2 weeks and have taken time to settle in to our first exchange home, become familiar with our local area and the Århus town centre, practice driving on the wrong, or should Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Jul 23, 2010
- Maintenant Bergen! Oh! What a pretty city!! Le soir de mon arrivée, je suis sortie avec 2 gars d’Israël et 2 filles de Suisse dans un petit pub/bar rétro. Ce fut une bien agréable soirée. ** Chloé, dans Posted by genmtl in Emmenez-moi au bout de la terre | Jul 21, 2010
- Arrivé au DanemarkAllo!
Notre avion est arrivé à Toronto avec 1h de retard hier! Cause Orages dans la région de Toronto. Je n'ai pas manqué mon vol pour Copenhague, il était aussi retardé. Une chance! Sinon ça laissait 20 Posted by genmtl in Emmenez-moi au bout de la terre | Jul 12, 2010
- The absent summer
It's a sure summer sign when you see practically naked middle-aged and super tanned people trying to tan in the sun while everyone else is walking around in sweaters and scarfs, trying to keep Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Jun 17, 2010
- CopenhagenI'm participating in a conference organized by the Copenhagen Business School. The School is located in a few modern buildings, just outside of the city center. I have just heard that my chemotherapy is only partially successful, so it is Posted by PvanHam in My Magic Mountain | Jun 4, 2010
- Travel to OdenseLaundry morning at the Laundry cafe, just a really nice spot to sit and wash, food okay. Have noticed something odd, everyone seems to have apple laptops, well no that isn't right, anyone with a laptop seems to have an Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | May 29, 2010