- Copenhagen - Day 1I was beginning to think that I’ve seen so many things that I was over sightseeing – what a terrible thought. But here I am in fabulous Copenhagen and the love of sightseeing is back again!
I left the hotel around Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 19, 2014
- CopenhagenI've now been travelling for 69 days and I'm back in Denmark where I started my journey way back in June.
I caught the train from Stockholm to Copenhagen (10.21am to 3.30pm) – another boring five hour trip on a rainy Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 18, 2014
- Fairy Tales & RollercoastersStarted our day & ended it with a stroll through what we thought was a park (seriously on the map it looked like a park) how were we meant to know it was a fortress which the military still use Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 7, 2014
- 2014 G3 OCEAN PRINCESS - COPENHAGENCOPENHAGEN - THE FINAL STOP BEFORE GETTING OFF THE OCEAN PRINCESS ....
LOTS OF WINDMILLS WITH SWEDEN IN THE DISTANCE ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1180386.j Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Mary & Fred Aren't HomeMid afternoon we arrived in Copenhagen after spending the day traveling, just a few problems today cancelled train ... we ended up on the replacement bus & a hot train carriage ... we moved.
We decided to do a canal Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 5, 2014
- Copenhagen, the Last Of ScandinaviaWhen we first arrive in a new city we either go to the tourist information center, if we have located it on a map, or we find people and ask directions. Copenhagen was no different.
It was evening when we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 3, 2014
- Exploring Denmark - Easter Weekend 2014Danes take their time off seriously, so when there is an opportunity to have a holiday - they embrace it and make it law. So when it comes to Easter, you end up with 5 days off. So back Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jul 31, 2014
Swedish airlines bring Swedish Meatballs. The older lady next to me asks me to help her open her water bottle and replies "tack" (thank you).
Just as I am becoming engrossed in a W Posted by shaunadenada in Shauna De Nada | Jul 27, 2014
- LEGOLAND!Think an amusement park, combine it to a theme park where all is made of Lego (greatest Danish contribution to modern world, except for the world-renown black&white pigs (main ingredient for epic ribs) and the famous (at least in Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 30, 2014
- Central and western DenmarkAfter a poorly kept city hotel and legalized thieves holding city parking, it was time to leave Copenhagen and move on on the trails of the real Danes, Vikings and beyond.
First stop, Sagnlandet Lejre, possibly the most Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 30, 2014
- From Gothenburg to CopenhagenAfter another day in Gothenburg (work for daddy, city museum for the ladies), journey started though the scurry bridge that sinks between Sweden and Denmark in middle sea...
In Copenhagen, ma Posted by ezabetta in Sweden - Denmark - Norway | Jun 30, 2014
- Re-launch: Next Stop IraqIn late August 2013 I return home to Denmark after travelling Central Asia for seven months. I had finished my trip in Istanbul, but had also been delayed – something that is unavoidable backpacking off the beaten track. Rushing back Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jun 20, 2014
- Travel and rest day11 June 2014
Three flights down and only ten more to go.
Canberra – Sydney (Virgin Australia) and Sydney – Singapore – Copenhagen (Singapore Airlines). All straightforward flights (except for the turbulence and the plane suddenly dropping monetarily Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jun 12, 2014
- RETURN TO COPENHAGENBreakfast was early and then the rounding up and moving out of the passengers to the dock began. The whole process lasted about an hour.
Once we had our bags, we grabbed a taxi to take us to our hotel. Too Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 4, 2010
- FIRST FULL DAY AT SEAThis was a day of travel as the ship sailed up the center of the center of the Baltic Sea and into the Gulf of Finland toward Tallinn, Estonia.
No need to wake up really early, but we had set the Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Aug 29, 2010
- TOURING COPENHAGENWe woke up fairly well rested and had the complimentary breakfast in the hotel. Along with scrambled eggs, fruits, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee, it seems that standard breakfast fare includes sliced meats, various cheeses, and lots of different breads Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Aug 28, 2010
- We Arrive in CopenhagenSo far, so good.
Our trip began with an indelible memory—the taxi ride to the airport. Our driver was 30 minutes late—a bit unnerving—and once he arrived, he didn't know how to get from our of our neighborhood to the airport. Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Aug 27, 2010
- Bikes and Libraries - CopenhagenJumping back in time and space to Copenhagen. I just had to get that initial Valparaiso entry out there.
I freaking love biking around this city. FREAKING love it! I always knew Amsterdam as the biking capital of the world, but Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 5, 2014
- The Valparaiso[Post is pictureless for now. Will post photos of the Valparaiso in a future post]
I’m still in the middle of a couple entries that I haven’t yet finished, but I wanted to give people an idea about where I am, Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 3, 2014
I’m currently sitting in an open plaza or square in the middle of Christiania, a unique community in the northeastern part of Copenhagen. I’m surrounded by people sitting on picnic ben Posted by danza in There and back again | Mar 30, 2014
- Our life in DenmarkIn the past 5 weeks we have been busy house hunting, furniture shopping and assembling, as well as cursing IKEA designers, so we have not done much travelling. However, now that we have moved in and set up (somewhat) I Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Mar 30, 2014
- Copenhagen - First LookSo I arrived in Copenhagen just a few hours ago, and they say that first impressions are good to go by. So far, it seems like a very open, friendly city (although Swedes say that the Danish are mostly assholes). Posted by danza in There and back again | Mar 29, 2014
After a good two weeks in Berlin we were off travelling again, this time in a Scandinavian direction. There were a few differences on this stage of our adventure firstly we had our two n Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Feb 16, 2014
- Exploring OdenseWe woke up to the first few rays of sunshine today and took this opportunity to take the bikes out and see the city decided to get out and explore the town:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Feb 2, 2014
- Odense - the beginningSo a couple of days ago we made our way to Odense - our home for the next wee while. It was a reasonably uneventful train ride, until we hit the bridge between Zeeland and Fyn, where you can see Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jan 27, 2014