- MoesgårdWe travelled back to one of our favourite places in Aarhus - Moesgård Museum, and surrounds. The museum has an archaeological and ethnographic focus and is housed in Moesgård Manor estate, located in the forests south of Aarhus, Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 24, 2012
- Viking ArosYesterday we visited [i]Viking Aros[i] the Århus/ Aarhus viking museum. This is the actual site of an archaeological dig by Moesgård museum archaeologists conducted 1963-64. The site takes you approx. 3m below street level into Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 17, 2012
- ARoS, Aarhus KunstmuseumWhile we had previously visited Aarhus's art gallery, it was a 'must see again' due to 'Your Rainbow Panorama' which has been erected on the roof of the building since our last visit. Our initial reaction to Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 15, 2012
- AarhusTuesday 3 July:
Finally ... arrived in Copenhagen early (approx. 7.30am) at international Terminal 3 and collected our luggage. From our previous visits to DK we knew we had to transfer to the domestic terminal Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 13, 2012
- CopenhagenWe left Amsterdam on a high note and flew to Copenhagen. We had the usual confusion regarding train location and which train to take. I always use google maps on my blackberry- always great to know you are Posted by Jcarrara in Europe2012 | Jul 11, 2012
- Copenhagen day 2/3Monday is the day Copenhagen attractions are closed. The weather we expected- not necessarily wanted -cooler weather with clouds and some rain made its appearance.
We started the day by watching the changing of the palace guards. Posted by Jcarrara in Europe2012 | Jul 11, 2012
- First Stop: London
London is where I spent my teenage years. So, it's home.
Before I head off for all the fun and food of the US of A, I'm going to pay my parents a very, ver Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 26, 2012
- Raring To GoTomorrow morning I officially give up my key and I will never see the first place I called home in Copenhagen.
It's not sad.
The guy I live with is a constant pain in the ass, be it for the Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 25, 2012
- Packing Everything and Nearly GoingThis year is THE year.
I'm taking my first transcontinental flight.
I'm couchsurfing for the first time after having a profile for a couple of years.
I'm backpacking properly.
Camping for the second time ever.
And I just can't wait Posted by moshimoshineko in ENTROPY | Jun 24, 2012
- Hello Scandinavia!After five weeks on the road in Africa we were looking forward to the welcome change of being in a European city……that is until we paid AUD $6.35 for a take away coffee at the airport in Copenhagen! As we Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | Jun 5, 2012
- So...what's YOUR story???
These days it seems that this questions is haunting my daily life! Now that I am settling into bartending and also have successfully begun my tour guide job, every person and traveler looks at Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Jun 4, 2012
- DenmarkThere's no getting away from it. Denmark is a bit dull. There's nothing particularly bad about the place; the cycling infrastructure is good. The campsites are good. Everyone speaks English fluently. The country seems to be run extremely competently and Posted by beyondbritain in My Big Bike Adventure | Jun 1, 2012
- Cruising the Baltic SeaIf you have ever been on a cruise you will know that the passengers generally fall into 2 groups – those who love the cruising lifestyle and place equal value on the journey as the destinations they will visit, and Posted by 270days in Around the world in 270 days | May 31, 2012
- Exploring CopenhagenWe met up with the other four who would be staying at the townhouse we rented in Downtown Copenhagen. Think of this, ten days in a five story townhouse with ten family/friends. Could we survive without any major Posted by dsnovak in Watching Curling and Seeing Europe | May 29, 2012
- Watching Curling and Seeing EuropeOur trip had three purposes:
- watch the World Senior Curling Championships in Kastrup on the outskirts of Copenhagen. Our brother-in-law Kelly Robertson was the skip of the Canadian Championship team. Other members were: third Doug Armour, second Peter Posted by dsnovak in Watching Curling and Seeing Europe | May 29, 2012
- Så skal jeg vel snart pakkeNu er det imorgen jeg tager afsted.
Hold op, hvor tiden går hurtigt. Jeg synes slet ikke, at jeg har haft tid til at glæde mig, eller pakke.
Kom hjem fra en fantastisk tur i USA igår!
Det er så småt begyndt at Posted by RegitzeK in Africa Regitze | May 17, 2012
- 1st of May, Danish classes, and Pirates
And so it goes....another month I'm here, and trying to get life together! So much has happened, I don't know where to begin and where I have left off. Ahhh...I remember now. I had come home f Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | May 14, 2012
- "Should we speak English or Danish?"It's amazing what you will do when you have no other choice...this month has been a continual attest to that. Maybe I am REALLY in this mood now because I just got home, and am FREEZING because I have ridden Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 24, 2012
I have been putting off writing this entry because it's not like my other ones. Something happened recently and I am still trying to wrap my head around it...
It's times like this when it i Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 18, 2012
- Sådan!To clarify the name of this blog, it is a word that can be used as a noun, verb or adjective I think. Sah-den is how you would phonetically pronounce it. It's kind of like, "There we go!" Or ""Finished!" Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 11, 2012
- It's SNOWING in April...I couldn't believe it when I saw it...mid April almost, and it's snowing! What in the world! And then I REALLY couldn't believe it when I was riding my bike this afternoon, IN the snow, going grocery shopping for my Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 7, 2012
- They love their flowers...and their chocolates!This entry is loaded with stuff...but I wanted to dedicate it to Påske, which is Easter in Danish! It seems that I decided to move right before a GIANT holiday here in Danmark! Yes, we all know Easter is a Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 4, 2012
- They throw you in the water, and it's sink or swim...My what a couple of days!!
It's amazing what one's body can do and can adapt to when needed. These last two days have been jam packed with a lot of learning experiences and surprises to myself. As I sit here Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Apr 1, 2012
- It's official.....I'M OFFICIAL!
So..today was a BIG day....I got my CPR number! (Which essentially is my Danish SSN.) Which means I now am an official registered-with-the-government-and-can-now-work-and-pay-taxes-DANE!!! SOO Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Mar 30, 2012
- Oh my gosh....I LIVE HERE!Day 2
I know it sounds CRAZY, but today it was starting to sink in that, "Hey, I'm actually not going anywhere for a while. Imagine that!"
I wanted to start my day early, and make sure I got everything done Posted by Michelle Nicole in Love you MEANIT- In Denmark! | Mar 29, 2012