- Jarabacoa an authentic Dominican Republic Experience When my family and I moved to Jarabacoa, I knew that lots of natural experiences awaited me. There is plenty to do: mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, paragliding, and many visits to waterfalls. Staying at Villa Posted by vanekari in Jarabacoa, Authentic Dominican Republic | Oct 8, 2015
- Bahia de las aguilasWhile I was in Cabarete, my amazing boyfriend contacted to tell me to keep a couple of days free the following week for when I would be back in Santo Domingo. When I asked him why, he told me it Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 31, 2015
- Back to CabareteI realised after seeing Johanna, Nicolas, and Arjan when they came down for the Isla Saona trip, that I just had to go back up to Cabarete. I needed to make up with my friend/ ex-boss Mati. Just because Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 31, 2015
- Isla SaonaAs I wrote earlier, Billy runs a tour company where he takes people to see the different parts of the Dominican Republic for a better price than most other tour companies. The thing about the Dominican Republic that drives me Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 31, 2015
- JarabacoaJarabacoa had been the plan for Arjan and I to meet again after we parted ways in Samana about 2 weeks earlier. We had planned to go waterfall jumping and hiking through the mountains in the central part of the Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 31, 2015
- Batey no# 8The night after Glencora left for her job up in Cabarete, I had spent many hours editing, researching job options, plane tickets, and skyping friends and family. I was feeling really unsure of what I was about to do with Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 29, 2015
- ChickennnnnnnsLeaving my friends in Samana and boarding the bus to Santo Domingo was a very strange feeling. I was ready to be on the move again, but sad at the idea of not returning back to the castle and the Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 18, 2015
- Samana beach sleepingSamana
After quitting my job at the castle just 5 minutes before we were about to leave, I had to quickly pack everything I was prepared to leave behind in order to take it with me on our planned Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 18, 2015
- Laguna DuduAll of the amazing people who had been staying long term at the castle, and those ones who had not stayed so long yet had made a huge impact on my life, were readying themselves to leave for their countries Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | May 9, 2015
- Hide and SeekHide and Seek in the abandoned resort may or may not have been one of my ideas…
But when Mimi, a good friend of mine told me all about an abandoned resort that was her favourite place on earth – I Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Apr 27, 2015
- Los 27 charcosLos 27 charcos / The 27 waterfalls were possibly one of the most amazing natural occurrences I have ever been able to see and explore. I was so pleased I made it there as it was one of the huge Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Apr 24, 2015
- Making a differenceOne day in Cabarete, I was walking down the street with a group of girls from the hostel when an elderly lady approached me and asked if any of us spoke Spanish. We told her that I could, and Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Apr 20, 2015
- Castle lifeThe last month has gone by in yet another blur of adventures, craziness, bachata nights, and good friends. I am loving life where I am here in Cabarete, and the castle really has become like a new home to me. Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Mar 17, 2015
- FIRE FIRE FIREThe first I knew anything was wrong, was 3 hours into my shift on reception. It was about 7pm and one of the hostel guests came to ask if there was anything we should do about the fire that had Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Mar 2, 2015
- The land of bachataDad told me last night that I must write my next blog cos he can’t wait to read the stories of what has been happening. I told him that I am finding it really hard to know where to start Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Feb 16, 2015
- Jan 18 - SANTO DOMINGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
The walls of Santo Domingo's Zona Colonial came into view as the sun rose. This is a city of "firsts" in the New World, thanks to Christopher Columbus who "discove Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Jan 19, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Diving and research in Dominican RepublicSince my thrillers typically have underwater or aviation-related scenes, I headed to the Dominican Republic to do a bit of both and find ways to incorporate the experience into one of my forthcoming thriller novels.
Here are some pictures from a Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Sep 24, 2011
- 12 Tough Truths about Living in the Dominican Republic [i]With any place, as stunning and seemingly perfect it may be, there is always a little thing or two that doesn't quite jive. Punta Cana, or more specifically Bavaro (I'm going to omit the accent as my keyboard just can't Posted by krista.shatford in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 2014/2015 | Sep 14, 2014
- One week in the tropics: Punta Cana LivingIt’s been almost a week now since I touched down in the hot and humid República Dominicana, and what a week it has been!
For those of you who aren’t sure why I suddenly jetted off to live in the Caribbean, Posted by krista.shatford in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 2014/2015 | Sep 4, 2014
- First postAs a kid, I loved the movie The NeverEnding Story. It was a fantastical adventure about a boy who loses him self in a book and becomes the hero of his own magic story. This is the story Posted by jennasweig in My Never Ending Story | May 27, 2014
- LiberationYesterday we went to a village called Liberation. Krissie explained this was essentially the projects. The government had uprooted a community that lived along the ocean because they inte Posted by jessieheaman in Jessie and Graham go Everywhere! | May 8, 2014
- SANTO DOMINGOMonday December 23
The taxi to the airport was only $10 but we gave the driver $13 as it is such a long way out of town (but only 15 minutes on the motorway)
There was virtually no-one at the airport and Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2013 - Florida,Cuba | Dec 25, 2013
- La República Dominicana OLA ...
Well, initially this week long trip (outside of Canada) was supposed to be scheduled and planned for the U.S. State of Alaska and Anchorage.
However, after much deliberation and logistical problems and the fact that transport in the dead Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Nov 28, 2013
- The rest of Friday...We returned to the Ark and played more Bingo and Cubby Bunny. The kids had so much fun!
We left the ark and went straight to Paula's house to visit her mom and brothers with Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 13, 2013