- Castle lifeThe last month has gone by in yet another blur of adventures, craziness, bachata nights, and good friends. I am loving life where I am here in Cabarete, and the castle really has become like a new home to me. Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Mar 17, 2015
- FIRE FIRE FIREThe first I knew anything was wrong, was 3 hours into my shift on reception. It was about 7pm and one of the hostel guests came to ask if there was anything we should do about the fire that had Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Mar 2, 2015
- The land of bachataDad told me last night that I must write my next blog cos he can’t wait to read the stories of what has been happening. I told him that I am finding it really hard to know where to start Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Feb 16, 2015
- Jan 18 - SANTO DOMINGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
The walls of Santo Domingo's Zona Colonial came into view as the sun rose. This is a city of "firsts" in the New World, thanks to Christopher Columbus who "discove Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Jan 19, 2015
- Bienvenida a la República DominicanaDay 1: Arrival in Jarabacoa.
I sit here in the newly initiated VAW apartment way to excited to sleep. LUC VAW is officially kicking off its first Medical Outreach Trip in the Dominican Republic. (see www.volunteersaroundtheworld.org) After a Posted by kbali in La República Dominicana | Dec 27, 2014
- Diving and research in Dominican RepublicSince my thrillers typically have underwater or aviation-related scenes, I headed to the Dominican Republic to do a bit of both and find ways to incorporate the experience into one of my forthcoming thriller novels.
Here are some pictures from a Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Sep 24, 2011
- 12 Tough Truths about Living in the Dominican Republic [i]With any place, as stunning and seemingly perfect it may be, there is always a little thing or two that doesn't quite jive. Punta Cana, or more specifically Bavaro (I'm going to omit the accent as my keyboard just can't Posted by krista.shatford in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 2014/2015 | Sep 14, 2014
- One week in the tropics: Punta Cana LivingIt’s been almost a week now since I touched down in the hot and humid República Dominicana, and what a week it has been!
For those of you who aren’t sure why I suddenly jetted off to live in the Caribbean, Posted by krista.shatford in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 2014/2015 | Sep 4, 2014
- First postAs a kid, I loved the movie The NeverEnding Story. It was a fantastical adventure about a boy who loses him self in a book and becomes the hero of his own magic story. This is the story Posted by jennasweig in My Never Ending Story | May 27, 2014
- LiberationYesterday we went to a village called Liberation. Krissie explained this was essentially the projects. The government had uprooted a community that lived along the ocean because they inte Posted by jessieheaman in Jessie and Graham go Everywhere! | May 8, 2014
- SANTO DOMINGOMonday December 23
The taxi to the airport was only $10 but we gave the driver $13 as it is such a long way out of town (but only 15 minutes on the motorway)
There was virtually no-one at the airport and Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2013 | Dec 25, 2013
- La República Dominicana OLA ...
Well, initially this week long trip (outside of Canada) was supposed to be scheduled and planned for the U.S. State of Alaska and Anchorage.
However, after much deliberation and logistical problems and the fact that transport in the dead Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Nov 28, 2013
- The rest of Friday...We returned to the Ark and played more Bingo and Cubby Bunny. The kids had so much fun!
We left the ark and went straight to Paula's house to visit her mom and brothers with Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 13, 2013
- The Butcher Shop Visit and the rest of Friday morningThis morning, Fred drove us to the butcher shop and we were able to go "behind the scenes" and watch the process. We arrived in time to see a bull immediately after it was slaughtered. We watched as Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 12, 2013
- Thursday afternoonYesterday afternoon, Theresa finished her presentation and we still had electricity to work on more skirts. The girls were so proud of their work.
After we left the Ark, Fred took us to a local grocery store to buy food Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 12, 2013
- Theresa's presentation on IsraelThursday afternoon, Theresa taught 18 children about Israel. They learned about the location, dance and attractions. Theresa then moved all the children into another classroom and taught them a dance to the song It is Good, by Paul Wilbur. Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- We have skirts!!There was electricity this morning (Thursday) and the sewing team was able to finish some skirts with the girls. They were so proud of their new clothing.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- Alyce's presentation on EthiopiaWednesday morning, Alyce taught 2 groups of 11 and 12 year olds on Ethiopia. They learned about the animals, Ancient Christianity. They colored an Ethiopian cross and listened to Ethiopian music. They also were able to watch to dance video Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- Angela's presentation on the USAAngela taught Thursday am to 2 groups of older children - 20 children in all - ages 11 and 12 year olds. The children learned about the foods, holidays and animals of the USA. They then colored a picture of Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- WednesdayWe were anticipating a tropical storm all day, but the rain held off till late in the evening. Patrice, Beverly, Theresa had hoped there would have been electricity to finish some skirts. The electricity was turned off by 9am and Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- Tuesday afternoonTuesday afternoon
The group was able to eat in the cafeteria with the care children, about 100 children. We enjoyed rice with beans and beef on top. After lunch we presented the children with more geography projects and some girls continued Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- Susan and her presentation on ParaguaySusan taught a presentation to two groups of children on the country of Paraguay. The children were taught and saw pictures on clothing, food and homes. After the presentation, the children got to read Noah’s Ark, colored a flag of Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 11, 2013
- Christina and her presentation on AustraliaTuesday afternoon, Christine taught a presentation on Australia to two groups of children. The children learned about the animals and Aboriginal people. The children had a great time playing musical chairs and ended their session by making boomerangs. The Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 10, 2013
- Patrice and her presentation on ChinaPatrice taught 17 pre-schoolers and 16 kindergarteners about China and its culture. Students learned the geography of China in relationship to the DR and showed pictures of the flag and wore their traditional dress. The kids enjoyed learning Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 9, 2013
- Monday afternoonAfter the wonderful morning doing a VBS lesson with the children on the Tower of Babel, we went back to the team house and had leftovers for lunch. We were joined by Vic Troatwing and his daughter, Chase, for lunch. Posted by 13patrice in CCOB GO Team to Constanza, DR | Jul 9, 2013