- Day 12Laundry Day!
So most of DR works on a rotating black out "schedule" - it's not really a schedule but technically if we had street power yesterday morning we'll get power today in the afternoon. City water is usually 3-4 Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 21, 2012
- Day 11[quote]Isaiah 65:22 -22 They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 20, 2012
- Day 10Every night is a Friday night here in our part of Tamboril!
And somehow, it's acceptable. It's 9:35pm right now and if I could find a way to record what I'm hearing, I could...
"Microphone check, 1 -2, 1- 2 Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 19, 2012
- Day 9Today, it rained pretty much all day...steady rain. Needless to say, we were pretty stir crazy in our casa...however meeting time soon rolled around and we walked all 25 meters to the gated Kingdom Hall. I didn't even Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 18, 2012
- Day 7 & 8
'Choice. It's because we have a choice.'
I don't really know where to start, but yesterday was the day we hit our first mental wall. No more beach, no more palm trees no more Ola Del Mar Condo with a Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 17, 2012
- Day 6 So today is our last day in Costambar/Puerto Plata, off to Tamboril tomorrow morning! Lots of pictures so far and video... and starting to see how service here can be contagious... "A brother today from Canada mentioned that he's been Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 15, 2012
- Day 5 - continued...So we made it to the new hall that was just built for the Javilar 'GROUP' - not congregation, group! Amazing, the circuit overseer and his wife visited and gave two talks. We were able to take some Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 14, 2012
- Day 5A young man I used to be...an old man is how I feel. While Taia and Noah are thriving in their youthful vigour and strength and Randa enjoys restful sleep under the warm salty breeze of the Atlantic Ocean... Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 14, 2012
- Day 3...Beunos dias from the silver port (Puerto Plata) We arrived here January 10th via stop-over in Miami. (sorry no Lebron, Wade, or Bosh sightings) Once landing at POP airport I can honestly say I immediately felt the change of pace. Posted by mksp in TANORAMA | Jan 12, 2012
- SundayThis morning Jon McNeill held up the cover of the biography of Steve Jobs. He asked if anyone knew what was happening at Apple with the death of this visionary leader? Jon spoke of the change from an Posted by divingrev in RCC GO Team to ICC, DR | Nov 20, 2011
- Trying to Catch up--Saturday night in the DRHey RCC friends and family -
Today was a very full and eventful day with the ICC leadership team. Our prepared discussion topics covered two important parts of transitions: 1) Conflicts and conflict resolution and 2) Thinking about how to be Posted by divingrev in RCC GO Team to ICC, DR | Nov 19, 2011
- Starting Off: What is this trip for?This fall our team consists of Doug & Adele, Susan & Gary DiCamillo, and Jon McNeill. We leave for the D.R. on Wednesday the 16th (except Gary who must come on Friday). Our focus will be to meet Posted by divingrev in RCC GO Team to ICC, DR | Nov 15, 2011
- My last post...So the last month in DR has seen a lot of developments…
When I got to Dominican Republic Isabel who I stayed with in Columbia was staying with Katherine which w Posted by dezmondos in Chris' Travels | Feb 15, 2011
- Adele's ReflectionsYesterday morning I looked out at the Caribbean Sea and said my "goodbye’s" to the Dominican Republic before the long trek home. Every time I return to the D.R. I am more grateful. It takes time for trust Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 14, 2010
- Home Again, Home Again
Thank you for your prayers and support for our last week in the DR. Here is our team with Eladia and Alfredo, our friends & interpreters for our stay. Please continue to pray for Alf Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 14, 2010
- Pictures from the RetreatMonday morning and we are back in Santo Domingo. I am sitting at Robert's desk getting these pictures inputed and formatted so you can catch a glimpse of our past weekend. God answered so many of your and our prayers!! Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 11, 2010
- Sunday Morning in the DRThe DR mission team emerged from a good nights sleep after an intense, exhausting day with the ICC leadership on Saturday. Our testimonies, breakout sessions and prayer/devotional time were well received and the group's energy level seemed very high. Ther Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 9, 2010
- Saturday Morning: A Day Full of PromiseFriday was a good day of doing our own fine-tuning preparations and welcoming Gary as he joined us! We got a little late start out of town for the hotel retreat some three hours away. Lots of rain storm and Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 8, 2010
- The Lost is found!
Thursday--all day--several people were in contact with Jet Blue, hearing multiple versions of where are bags were and when we might see them. 10 Minutes before ou Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 8, 2010
- Bagless ladies and menThis morning we headed to over to see what God has been doing through the church in the Colonial City. Working against all odds, the preschool directors attempted to get school ready for the first day of classes -- Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 7, 2010
- We arrived ... sort ofMorning Everyone!
We made the journey safely from Boston to a rainy Santo Domingo. However, jet Blue decided our luggage (which we all unusually checked) should visit Washington DC instead of accompanying us to JFK. So we are quite stylish today Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 7, 2010
- Almost ThereHello Everyone,
As I mentioned in my email to the church, our DR Team will be heading off October 6-13 for a week of interaction with our friends and colleagues in Santo Domingo, DR.
The trip serves a dual purpose.
* We Posted by divingrev in Redeemer Team to DR 2010 | Oct 4, 2010
- Birthday in Dominican RepublicSo back in the Dominican Republic… It was a really good flight – don’t you just love it when the flight is empty and you get three seats to lay across? Although I did find out why when they announced Posted by dezmondos in Chris' Travels | Sep 23, 2010
- Christmas in Dominican RepublicWell, this was the first flight that actually arrived on time – must be a good sign! So after a brief stop in Panama I backtracked back up to the Dominican Republic. Katherine was there waiting for me – it Posted by dezmondos in Chris' Travels | Jan 4, 2010
- First Day in the DRHola!!
Its great to be back in the DR. Our trip down was relatively uneventful -- only one flight cancellation -- getting us into the DR a few hours late. It could have been much worse.
No sooner do we step Posted by divingrev in RCC TEAM TO DR 2009 | Oct 9, 2009