- Santo Domingo
Awww sun and beaches... Should I say anything more??
An amazing week visiting the Posted by FlorianaG in From Venice to Atlanta (and back) | Nov 26, 2011
- Day 26 & 27...it's Sunday today and for the first time here in DR we're feeling a little under the weather. Noah's got a fever 39+ degrees however he still wants to go to the beach... Anyway if we fall off the Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Feb 5, 2012
- Day 25
Yesterday was a pretty interesting day for us. I feel in some ways it was maybe the highlight of us coming here to Bavaro.
I think we have probably all had those moments where you without a shadow of a Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Feb 3, 2012
- Day 24
Been here in Bavaro for 3 days and what a spirit the group has here! Today more brothers and sisters were at the morning group. From Pennsylvania, Orlando and Texas (I think.)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/451991/6Screen_Sho..5_22_PM.png Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Feb 2, 2012
- Day 23Today's is the 1st day in February and we're just past three weeks into our trip... 1/3 of our time here in DR. It's nice being here in Bavaro for a week as it's been a nice change of Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Feb 1, 2012
- Day 22Yesterday (Monday) was day two here in Bavaro and it was a service day for the english group here in Bavaro. They meet at 8:40am in the parking lot of a shopping mall here about 10 minute away from Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 31, 2012
- Seasons in the sunDuring our spring break, with three friends, I visited Dominican Republic. Although a more trendy location to travel would have been Punta Cana, we chose to go to Puerto Plata for a relaxing holiday and booked the reservations at the Posted by nzyucel in Note to self: The long awaited blog | Jan 31, 2012
- Day 20 & 21Yesterday morning 10 am we popped in on the Haitian Creole group that meets at the local kingdom hall. The group consists of mostly foreigners, the majority of which are from the states. What a spirit they have. Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 30, 2012
- Day 18 & 19===Yesterday=== was a service day from the Kingdom Hall... nice group out in the morning! Although every time I talk with the brothers from the Haitian Creole group that meet at the Hall, I hear murmurings in spanish from Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 28, 2012
- Day 17Not sure where the day went but it's 11:23pm Dominican time and we did absolutely nothing todaybut eat and sleep...
It rained hard pretty much all day....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/451991/Screen_Sho..5_09_PM.png caption=Screen Sho Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 26, 2012
- Day 16==Today I must admit we had ants in our pants...==
Literally...we woke up this morning ready to go in service only to find ants in our clothes cupboard. I guess they weren't happy to see us either cause one of Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 25, 2012
- Day 157:51 am - wake up.
8:10 am - no seriously wake up gotta leave in 20 minutes.
8:40 am - leaving home with a 10 minute walk to make 8:45 group.
8:52 am - arrive at group just in time to find them Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 24, 2012
- Day 14...I still haven't figured out the exact reason yet, but Monday = "sacred day" here in DR. Well at least with witnesses...it's apparently known that no one really "meets" for field service on Mondays... people will still conduct studies, Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 23, 2012
- Day 13Today was our first Sunday meeting. 5pm. 3:30 Yuss came down to take us to the tree and it seems that once Yuss gets going he jumps into adventure mode. I kinda like this guy...he seems to enjoy Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 22, 2012
- - Ceiba pentandra - The other day I mentioned being introduced to a tree that put the scripture at Isaiah 65:22 into perspective for me...[quote]22 They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 22, 2012
- Our first week hereHi everyone,
We miss you all... it's been a busy week here with the Bavaro English Group, which is based in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There's about 30 publishers here in the English group and another 15 in the Russian Group, Posted by philena in Punta Cana | Jan 21, 2012
- Day 12Laundry Day!
So most of DR works on a rotating black out "schedule" - it's not really a schedule but technically if we had street power yesterday morning we'll get power today in the afternoon. City water is usually 3-4 Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 21, 2012
- Day 11[quote]Isaiah 65:22 -22 They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 20, 2012
- Day 10Every night is a Friday night here in our part of Tamboril!
And somehow, it's acceptable. It's 9:35pm right now and if I could find a way to record what I'm hearing, I could...
"Microphone check, 1 -2, 1- 2 Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 19, 2012
- Day 9Today, it rained pretty much all day...steady rain. Needless to say, we were pretty stir crazy in our casa...however meeting time soon rolled around and we walked all 25 meters to the gated Kingdom Hall. I didn't even Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 18, 2012
- Day 7 & 8
'Choice. It's because we have a choice.'
I don't really know where to start, but yesterday was the day we hit our first mental wall. No more beach, no more palm trees no more Ola Del Mar Condo with a Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 17, 2012
- Day 6 So today is our last day in Costambar/Puerto Plata, off to Tamboril tomorrow morning! Lots of pictures so far and video... and starting to see how service here can be contagious... "A brother today from Canada mentioned that he's been Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 15, 2012
- Day 5 - continued...So we made it to the new hall that was just built for the Javilar 'GROUP' - not congregation, group! Amazing, the circuit overseer and his wife visited and gave two talks. We were able to take some Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 14, 2012
- Day 5A young man I used to be...an old man is how I feel. While Taia and Noah are thriving in their youthful vigour and strength and Randa enjoys restful sleep under the warm salty breeze of the Atlantic Ocean... Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 14, 2012
- Day 3...Beunos dias from the silver port (Puerto Plata) We arrived here January 10th via stop-over in Miami. (sorry no Lebron, Wade, or Bosh sightings) Once landing at POP airport I can honestly say I immediately felt the change of pace. Posted by MarkPhillips in TANORAMA | Jan 12, 2012