- AK-47 Welcome in Timor-Leste
Map of Timor-Leste (Source: Wikipedia)
"Presidente Nicolau Lobato Airport" in Timor-Leste's capi Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Feb 26, 2015
- Charismatic Hotels: the Esplanada in Dili, Timor-Leste
Map of Timor-Leste (Source: Wikipedia)
"Presidente Nicolau Lobato Airport" in Timor-Leste's capi Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Feb 6, 2015
- Talking Timorese===Arriving at Dili’s Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport without the seventy US dollars in cash required to purchase our visas was a little short-sighted of us. But instead of being ushered out of the queue and into an interview room, Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Aug 4, 2014
- Terrified of travelling alone for a year...Starting Feb 2013Hi,
I need to travel, but the friend I was supposed to be going with is now not too sure that she wants to come. The thought of going on my own is terrifying. I know people say that you meet Posted by Michaela07 in Travelling alone Feb 2013 .. | Jan 6, 2013
- East Timor, Sulawesi and SumatraHello from the lovely (and superbly named) mountain town of Bukittinggi, I've just received confirmation that after several months traveling in archipelago based nations I will be happy to leave planes and boats behind for far easier overland travel. Afte Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Nov 2, 2009
- FULL FORCE GALEFriday rolls around again.
A successful day with retrieving my computer from the computer doctor and having my right arm re-installed as I have communication with the outside world again. One of the guys at work needed help with Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Apr 12, 2012
- YEAH, I GOT LUCKY!!All I can say is what an absolutely incredible Easter.
Carol was around at 10am on the Friday morning to pick me up with her flat mate Nancy. Carol is from Texas, Nancy from the Phillipines Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Apr 9, 2012
- YOU CAN'T PUT A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE
Well by George I think you can as I am gradually finding out. The weeks are rolling on now which I suppose is indicative of being busy given that I have a bit of a routine going with Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Apr 4, 2012
- DO YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION ON DILI?As I mentioned I went to a place called the Guidepost as part of the tourism course and the information in the guide is just so valuable for anyone wanting to come to Dili. It has all the embassy Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 31, 2012
- SOME DAYS ARE DIAMONDS AND SOME DAYS ARE JUST PLAIN STONEImmigration can always pose problems in any country you go to and I should not be surprised as to the lengths one has to go to to stay an extra month in a country, particularly enquiring at Flight Centre when Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 30, 2012
- It feels like ChristmasAs I previously said in a blog my friends David and Janelle gave me $100.00 to spend accordingly as to the best benefit that I could derive from the expenditure. I had a ball at the Timor Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 28, 2012
- MOVING FORWARDIf you were to pick up a pen and a piece of paper as opposed to sitting in front of a computer what would you write on your piece of paper as to what you thought you had achieved today? Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 25, 2012
- AN ECELECTIC TWO DAYSIt’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m sitting in my room just having returned from having lunch down on the waterfront with one of my Rotary colleagues. I mentioned Marie in a previous entry as she provided a presentation at my Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 20, 2012
- EXPLORING DAYSElection Day in Dili and it will be interesting to see what happens given the hype leading up to them. I decide to head out of town to try and see something different and was advised to go to a Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 18, 2012
- LESSONS TO BE LEARNTWell another Friday night sitting alone yet again pondering life. Funny how one thinks things will be in the country of their desired destination for so long and particularly thinking of being here with Rotary Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 16, 2012
- THE ESSENCE OF DILIThere is a gallery down the road from the lodge called the 'Moris Gallery". Moris means 'born' in Tetum. It was such a worthwhile visit with the gallery displaying a real ecclectic selection of arts. Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 16, 2012
- LESSONS LEARNTAn interesting yet frustrating day yesterday. I left here at 8.30 to get to the markets where the buses departed to the Hali Laron Markets. I now know why no-one could provide me any information as to Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 13, 2012
- BA HO MAROMAKI can understand why a lot of people here say "Go with God". I actually think it is to give you patience. My family will tell you I'm not the most patient person around when dealing with Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 12, 2012
- DILI ROTARY CLUBThursday night was my first attendance at the Rotary Club in Dili. It meets at the Timor Hotel. It is only a relatively small club with 12 in attenance the other night and out of the 12 four Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 9, 2012
- DAILY ROUTINELife here is settling down into some semblance of routine although after spending almost two hours yesterday trying to log on I have decided to do my computer work of a morning while there are few people around logging onto Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 6, 2012
- WELL THAT IS LIFEWell in traditional non-communication style I was suddenly logged out of my site and after almost two hours at the computer and then doing a search for my work on the site it came up with that my site no Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 5, 2012
- WHEN DECISIONS ARE HARDThe trip to the airport was not easy and almost saw me taking a detour but I ended up on the plane to Darwin.
I learnt two things that may be of interest to travellers in regards to baggage. Posted by prayer49 in ASPIRATIONS COMING TRUE | Mar 1, 2012
- DiliNot even Pol Pot succeded in killing proportionately as many Cambodians as the Indonesian dictator Suharto and his fellow generals killed in East Timor. Its 1975 population of 688,000 should have been expected to rise to around a Million by Posted by andyhay2 in Asia Overland 2006-2008 | Dec 3, 2007
- Indonesia to East TimorIt was beautiful. After a few snaps of this most poignant of borders, of plaques ironically of Indonesia boasting of its most contested frontier, I was further thrown into the unknown through the lack of a single fellow itinerant or Posted by andyhay2 in Asia Overland 2006-2008 | Dec 3, 2007
•Population is 83,082,869
•Egyptian Arabic is the primary language.
•1 US Dollar = 5.69901 Egyptian Pound
•Passport for six months beyond trip.
•Visa is necessary for this country.
•One of the safest places t Posted by jchouaf in Egypt | May 8, 2009