- Days 6 & 7 Galápagos Islands Days 6 & 7 Galápagos
They say age is just a number, it's about how old you feel. Well, I feel about what I'd imagine 60 would be. Haha. Super stiff and sore from my first day of surfing. But Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 10, 2016
- Days 3 & 4 & 5 Galápagos Day 3 & 4 & 5 Galápagos
The last few days have consisted of small day trips around the island of Santa Cruz. The 2 hour hike to the white sandy paradise of Tortuga bay. On the way, passing through the Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 7, 2016
- Dear Authenticity,Dear Authenticity,
It's 1am now as I write this. My door, propped open with the fan going on high. My skin, tingly and itchy as my body heals from the intense sun exposure. Wondering why I ever chose over a Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 4, 2016
- The best 2 weeks of my life (so far)As promised, here is a post completely dedicated to the 2nd Rotary trip of my exchange.
Let me start off by saying that I originally planned not to go on this trip, but I am SO SO SO glad that I Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Feb 4, 2016
- Day 2 Galápagos islandsDay 2 Galápagos
The art of slow travel yields excellence when paired with a bit of patience, and a willingness to get lost. There are many types of travellers on the road. Some like exuberant hotels and gourmet meals, others Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 4, 2016
- Day 1 Galápagos Day 1 Galápagos
Rise and shine! The early bird gets the..er.. Beach to himself. Today I awoke at 5am, Desayunos at 6, and was at the beach with my snorkel and mask by 8. Walking through the cobblestone streets at Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 3, 2016
- Guayaquil to Galápagos Islands Guayaquil to Galápagos Islands
If there's one thing better then being somewhere, it's the process getting there. I look forward to the days of travel where the roads of uncertainty lie ahead.
Today, I traveled from Guayaquil to the island of Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Feb 1, 2016
- El MaleconEl Malecon
Happy Saturday everyone!
First, a verse from a poem by one of my favourite queer poets, Walt Whitman. Song of the open road
The earth expanding right hand and left hand,
The picture alive, every part in its best light, Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 30, 2016
- Banos to GuayaquilBanos to Guayaquil
Traveling on the cheap is a challenge in frugality and creativity. One finds ways to experience the moment to the fullest without breaking the bank. Banos has a ton of extreme adventure sports to be experienced, Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 28, 2016
- Amazonia to BanosAmazonia to Banos
After my last Desayunos in the Amazon, I traveled by bus to Tena and then to Banos, a five hour trip in total. Managed to hitch a ride with a college school group on their way back to Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 25, 2016
- Days 3 & 4 in AmazoniaDay 3 and 4 in Amazonia
Holy doodle! Another great day of tree planting. The heat just sucks the energy right out of a brother. The English University group fell asleep in the hammocks and even on the lunch benches after Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Day 2 in AmazoniaDay 2 in Amazonia
Too hot for clothes! Was a scorcher today. Glad I made it through the night. Was feeling the effects of post dehydration and exhaustion, ended up taking a Tylenol for a sore back.
The New York University Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Day 1 in AmazoniaDay 1 in Amazonia
Ouch! As I write this, I'm wrapping my hands in gauze and bandaids. We walked 2km into the jungle today to plant a bazillion banana and yuca trees. Walking through the forest was amazing! So many cacao Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Quito to AmazoniaQuito to Amazonia
Today I traveled to the Amazon rainforest. I had to take a taxi from the secret garden, and a bus from Quito to tena, about 5 hours. The road was good until we got down off the highlands. Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Travel and ArrivalWoo! Over 17,000km later. I have arrived in Quito, Ecuador.
The night in Vancouver airport was nothing short of proof for me about trusting your gut and living in the moment. Instead of sleeping on the hard airport floor. I Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 13, 2016
- Equatorial EcuadorWe had some fun getting into Ecuador - our colectivo (a taxi, but shared so it is dirt cheap, I think we paid about $0.40 each) drove straight through both borders and dropped us off just down the road. We Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Dec 30, 2015
- Feliz Navidad!Lately we've been working harder than Santa's elves getting everything ready for our first fiesta de Navidad, and now that it's over we're ready to relax! Oscar built us a beautiful porch, and a new permanent bathroom, and with those Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Dec 30, 2015
- Ecuador Total trip so far stats:
Hours on bus: 102
Hours on plane: 23.5
Hours on train: no change since last blog
Phils injury count since last blog: lacerated ankle, finger and elbow from sharp coral (of course Debbie told him not to Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Dec 9, 2015
- Ruthee's search for 'Charlie' in EcuadorWell as mentioned in the previous blogs I have had the odd melt down during our time away. The last being about 5 weeks ago when the so called mattress (timber boards) got me to a point where I decided Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Nov 27, 2015
- Fitting inOn Saturday, Oscar and I had the perfect evening. It was our first date night since returning to Ecuador, something I had been looking forward to for quite some time. We went to our usual dinner spot on the beach, Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Nov 23, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador, Dallas, Austin Oklahoma City==Quito==
The SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference (LACPEC) is the major E&P conference in the region. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to present a keynote address, present awards, meet with students and local industry Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 19, 2015
- Back to Basics Well, here we are again. I'm happy to report that very little has changed. The people are still friendly, the music is still loud, the food is still delicious.. our journey was smooth and uneventful Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Nov 15, 2015
- Galapagos revisited and correctedIn the last entry the sea iguanas were labelled as land iguanas - apologies for this mistake. The black ones are the fascinating sea iguanas.
Also here are some more photos for your viewing pleasure.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774 Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 9, 2015
- Galloping around the Galapagos and a brief visit to Quito==Day 12==
Flew from Guayaquil to San Cristobel Island in the Galapagos. Transferred to the Flamingo I. Went for our first snorkelling expedition. Linda’s birthday.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774716/P1030573.jpg caption=P1030573 - Linda Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015
- Retrospective entry from EcuadorHi friends and rels,
We have finished our Galapagos cruise, and we are now in Lima, the capital of Peru (of course). But before telling you about these two destinations, here are some photos from the trip from Cuenca to Guayaquil Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015