- OtavaloWe woke early this morning at sunrise - our hut is somewhat lacking in curtains and we haven’t quite adjusted to Ecuadorian time. The morning was sunny but a little chilly (as to be expected at 2,900m above sea Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 28, 2014
- Our first two days in EcuadorWe arrived at Quito airport hoping to be met by a 'man with a poster'. There were lot's of men with posters, but none bearing the name 'Lovell', slightly concerned for a few minutes before an Ecuadorian by the Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 26, 2014
- Galapogos and getting to Costa RicaHey guys. Just another quick update to what we've been up to We left the hotel in quito at 4am to catch the early morning flight to The Galapagos Islands. its about a 3 hour flight from the mainland. As Posted by carlyngaz in Time for Carly and Gary to see the world | Jul 11, 2014
Back on the main land now, spent the last day in Quito going up the gondola with Deb and Bill. It was 14000ft e Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 8, 2014
- QuitoBack on the main land now, spent the last day in Quito going up the gondola with Deb and Bill. It was 14000ft elevation to the top where there is some fantastic views and hiking trails. The lack of Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 8, 2014
- GalapagosThey say a picture paints a thousand words! Well that will have to do for now as we only just got back to Quito and have to leave early for the Amazon tomorrow where there is not likely to be Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jul 6, 2014
- GalapagosBig night for July 4th, Bill and Liz renewed their wedding vows, which was very touching followed by a karaoke evening. This helped sleeping as it was a bumpy night to our next destination, and a even more hair Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 5, 2014
- GalapagosGreat snorkelling today with giant sea turtles and sea iguanas, followed by seeing a huge killer whale, luckily we had just got out the water when he turned up for his sea turtle lunch. Another highlight was seeing a Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 4, 2014
Baltra airport is a small airstrip on the east side of the island of the same name, part of the Galápagos Archipelago which lies some 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador. The flight from Quit Posted by Eleniki in A year out | Jul 4, 2014
- GalapagosAfter leaving Daphne Island, we went to Floreana Island where Darwin visited on the HMS Beagle,for more snorkeling and observing the pink flamingoes. Went to Post Office bay where you can send yourself a postcard, weird I know, and today Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 2, 2014
- Galapagos by proxy
I thought I'd share a few of the photos that have been posted on Facebook of the trip so far. Gary has limited internet access so hasn't been able to post too often.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorThis is not going to be much of an update. Dave and I are so tired from initially getting here and a few early starts that I am going to go to bed soon. We have had meeting re Galapagos Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jul 1, 2014
Left my little hostel and met up at the Marriott with Deb, Chris, Matt,and doing a city tour of Quito.
Since flown onto The Galapogos Islands and went for our first snorkel. Didn't see Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jun 30, 2014
- Arrival in Quito, Ecuador After a touch and go whether I'd get to Santiago at all, I ended up in business class. That was never going to happen up to Quito, but still got here ok, even though abit shattered last night. If you Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jun 26, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Isabella Island, EcuadorThe inter-island water taxi ride:
- 20 passengers plus luggage
- The captain handed us our life jackets and wished us good luck!
- Lots of happy faces to start with...
- Small boat, big waves...
- 1 hour later lots of less happy faces...
- Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 21, 2014
- Cuenca ends our Ecuador adventureCuenca was absolutely beautiful, and we'd go so far as to say it's the most beautiful city we've been to on this trip yet.
It was a long 8 hour bus ride to get there from Baños, but this time we Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 19, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 5 of 5)Day 5 itinerary
Early bird, but still half asleep Amanda was enjoying her first cup of tea, chatting to our guide on deck, when mid conversation he nonchalantly pointe Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 15, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 4 of 5)Day 4 itinerary
First up, off to Sombrero Chino Island (shape = name)
On the wa Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 3 of 5)Day 3 itinerary
First excursion was to Sullivan Bay to see the wildlife and some amazing lava formations
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/F8B0B4772219AC6 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 2 of 5)Day 2 itinerary
The Galápagos Islands are so unique. Only 3% of the islands are accessed by humans. The remainder is National Park. Tours and tourist numbers are restr Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 1 of 5)[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands|About the Galápagos Islands]]
Day 1: Arrived on Baltra Island in the Galapagos and transferred to Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/C31FAEF92219AC6817D49D29 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Santiago via Argentina to Guayaquil, EcuadorCrossing the Andes before entering Ecuadorean airspace
Our next stop was a lovely fishing and beach town south west of Guayaquil, called Playas. 2.5 days of R&R
and s Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Ah Baños, just the tonic we neededThe town of Baños (not to be confused with baños - the Spanish word for toilet) was a gorgeous little place in a stunning setting, nestled deep within looming hills and volcanoes. The nearby towering Tungurahua (meaning throat of fire) Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 12, 2014
- The night we got robbedBefore I recount what happened to us I just wanted to say that some of it may seem implausible, but I can assure you that the following is a true story.
In our 8.5 months away, it was only our second Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 11, 2014
- Welcome to the jungleEffing bloody Quito. Here you are again for a fourth time!!!
We had to return because our night bus left the city at 11pm to Lago Agrio, where we were picking up our tour to Amazonia. This left us with 10 Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 9, 2014