- Quito and the middle of the worldSo for the last few days Lisa and I have been exploring some of the attractions of Quito.
On Thursday, we went to Mitad del Mundo which translates to 'the middle of the world'. This was suggested to us by Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 18, 2014
- Manta , Ecuador [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/5D9C69342219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 17, 2014
- 3-0 LisaSo after 5 flights and a taxi ride for what totalled just over 30 hours of travel, we finally arrived at our hostel in Quito, Ecuador. So it all started in Melbourne just after we passed through security, Lisa was Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 11, 2014
- Feliz Año!Feliz Navidad!
Hope you all had a merry one. Personally, I've decided to leave Christmas in Canada and celebrate Navidad here in Ecuador. I say I decided it, but really I had no choice in the matter. Christmas Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jan 5, 2014
- 2012 B5 STAR PRINCESS - MACHU PICHU - GETTING AWAYMACHU PICHU BACK TO THE HOTEL BY TRAIN WAS MOSTLY AT NIGHT. A BIT OF A LET DOWN, BUT WE HAD SEEN IT ON THE WAY THERE.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- The last Ecuador adventure...The final fun activity in Ecuador got me high as I'd ever been - to base came at Cotopaxi.
We jumped on a bus to Quito, but jumped off half-way at the Cotopaxi national park. As we'd hoped, a few cars Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 12, 2013
- Home, sweet home.Hey there friends,
So after four 8-hour buses, two 2.5-hour buses, three 1-hour buses, and one 1-hour taxi, mom is back in Canada and I'm back on the coast. Her trip was a ten day whirlwind, but I was very glad Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Nov 29, 2013
- Hiking the Quilotoa LoopNote to self: when deciding to do a trek at almost 4,000 metres, research properly - sometimes the first option is not the easiest...
At least that was our experience when we decided the Quilotoa Loop in Ecuador looked like a Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 21, 2013
- Jungla AmazónicaA tour into the Amazon Jungle wasn't adventurous enough - it was time for Jack to put his Spanish skills to the test and get us in without a guide.
From Quito we travelled to Tena, arriving around 1am in Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 19, 2013
- Vamos a PululahuaOnce you hear about a volcano crater in which people live, you can't not pay it a visit.
I was imagining your typical volcano, and not comprehending how people could manage to live there - something resembling mines with roads Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 12, 2013
- Cuenca and aroundFurther south by bus once more we passed through the Andes to reach Cuenca, the third largest city in Ecuador (with a population of 400,000).
We spent a day wandering the ancient streets, sitting by the river and basking in the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 10, 2013
- BanosWe traveled South from Quito to Banos, a small town at the foot of a volcano and surrounded by rain forest making it an idyllic location with spectacular views.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 10, 2013
- Quito and QuilotoaQuito is the second highest capital in the world at 2800m and is split into an old own and the new town. We stayed in the new town, where most of the restaurants and bars are located. We spent Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 3, 2013
- From Quito to Huaraz by busThis time here is a post which differs a bit from the others as this is mainly an informational post for people who want to travel from Ecuador to Peru at a lower cost. I was looking for this type Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Oct 31, 2013
- Quito y Mitad del MundoMy post about Ecuador will not be long as I only had enough time to visit Quito and its surroundings.
There are quite a few things to do in Ecuador, for the adventurous trekkers who wish to climb the Cotopaxi volcano Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Oct 23, 2013
- The pursuit of happinessHey gang,
Sorry it's been so long, life on the farm has sucked me back in. Life down here has become so normal to me, I hardly know what to write about anymore. The past couple of months back on the Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Puerto Lopez, EcuadorSo after a truck ride from Salinas to Guaranda, followed by a four hour bus journey to Guayaquil, I was amazed that I was able to catch a bus straight to Puerto Lopez. The only thing was that I hadn't Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 27, 2013
- Salinas, Ecuador
Recovering from a bout of stomach issues (apparently an amoeba contracted from the water- AGAIN!) I had to spend my last day in Baños in bed. This was pretty miserable, bu Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 27, 2013
- Letters From The Amazon - Part ThirteenHola! mi amigos
The time has come for me to be saying my final 'Adios' to the Jatun Sacha reserve and my adventures here in the rainforest after 6 eve Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Dec 15, 2009
- Galapagos!!ok We havent made an entry in a long time so weve a lot to catch up on.
We got to galapagos and despite having arranged an airport pick up none was there. Neither of us was very shocked. Something Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Sep 11, 2013
- Richard Spruce, Rio VerdeRichard Spruce, for those that I haven't told, was an explorer and botanist in the 19th century. At the age of 31 he ventured to South America to conduct research along the Amazon, where he stayed for 15 years. His Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 7, 2013
- Ecuador!I arrived into Quito pretty late at night (1am) and was picked up by Omar, the driver for the hostel, and taken through the streets of Quito to the hostel. Omar was lovely but insisted on speaking to me in Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 7, 2013
- The rest of Ecuador......Not many pictures for this section as we were both ill and just trying to recoup. Also computer died at this point so stopped us updating and blogging as much as we wanted........
Day 100 Tuesday 11.6.13- Day 103 Friday 14.6.13
So Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | Sep 3, 2013
- Nikki and Andy :-)Apologies all for the delay in posting- internet has been so on and off throughout Peru and Bolivia..... but will be worth the wait :-) More pics as Brazil internet is great.
Hooray Nikki and Andy arrive.......
Day 88- Thursday 30.5.13
Bogota/ Cali Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | Sep 1, 2013
- Galapagos Part Two. Still incredible.Day Four
To the Isle of the Baroness, the Wittners and the Toothless Dentists
As the plane was broken, we took a speed boat two hours to Floreana (also called Santa Maria).
Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | Aug 26, 2013