- Quito to CuencaIt felt wonderful to be well-rested. Breakfast was fabulous: omelet, fresh fruit, rolls, jam, coffee, and hot chocolate. We talked with the other guest at the B&B, a woman from Denver who works with a church organization Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Jan 23, 2013
- From Tacoma to QuitoHere is a suggestion for your future travel plans: Avoid arriving in a foreign land after 24 hours of travel on three planes. Unless, as was the case for us, it is with free frequent flyer tickets—that made Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Jan 22, 2013
- Chapter #2: Galapagos, Land of EncountersI had to wait a while before writing this entry for several reason, but here it is: my Galapagos story.
I will summarize it as I did in the subheading: it was one of my dreams as a child to Posted by jack87jack in Spinning around | Jan 21, 2013
- Puerto Lopez and Latacunga
Dieses kleine fischerortchen liegt 1,5 stunden bussfahrt nordlich von Montanita. Hier geht es um fisch und mehresfruchte
[img=http://p Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Jan 13, 2013
- South America 1987 (15) - Ecuador (5) - ImpressionsMore than a month (33 days) in Ecuador was much more than we expected when we arrived here, not to talk of what we said before arriving in South America. But it was worth it!
The Spanish language course is largely Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Dec 12, 1987
- South America 1987 (14) - Ecuador (4) - Towns in the Andes[b]After spending more than three weeks in the capital of Ecuador we turned south in the Andes Mountains to visit a string of mountain towns and volcanoes south of Quito. The towns were Latacunga, Ambato, Baños, Saquisili, Riobamba and Guapo. Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Dec 12, 1987
- Goodbye Ecuador, Hello Peru===Day 1===
Vilcabamba to Zumba
Danny and I are up and packed ready to leave our hostel at the ungodly hour of 5:30am (the bus is supposed to arrive between 6-6:30am). It is transfer day, but not just any transfer Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Jan 17, 2013
- The eagle has landedHola!
I arrived in Quito without a hitch on Monday evening, and took a taxi to the beautiful Petite Maison hostel, where I was greeted by Isabella, the housekeeper. It's a lovely new hostel in an old building housing mostly Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jan 16, 2013
- South America 1987 (13) - Ecuador (3) - QuitoWe spent most of the following three weeks on an intensive Spanish language course in Quito, with a few breaks in between.
===Monday 16.11.1987, Quito===
We finally found the South American Handbook-recommended Mama Rosita for breakf Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Dec 6, 1987
- Montanitafuer die strecke mancora - montanita kann man einen direktbus buchen der ein wenig teurer ist (4 usd). eher untypisch aber dennoch buchen wir den bus brav im vorraus und kommen dann abends zur touragency die uns sagt "problema". die Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Jan 8, 2013
- Reflections on Our Time Spent in EcuadorIn total, Danny and I spent 40 days in Ecuador - a lot longer than our inital 3 week plan. Even not counting the days I was sick in Guayaquil, we still spent a lot more time here than Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Jan 13, 2013
- Last Stop in Ecuador - Vilcabamba, the Village of LongevityLoja
From Cuenca we took a four hour bus to Loja before transferring to Vilcabamba. We spent only one night in Loja seeing the city, which was more than enough haha. Compared to the rest of the cities we've Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Jan 13, 2013
- Soaking Up Ecuadorian Culture in CuencaFirst impressions of Cuenca - wow, it's a lot bigger than we imagined. Danny and I were expecting Cuenca to be a small, quiet town similar to Baños, Ecuador. However, we later learned that Cuenca is actually Ecuador's Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Jan 13, 2013
- EcuadorWe are trying to make some time in our trip, and unfortunately that means we are going to have to skip seeing some places along the way. When we set off this year we were a month later than expected Posted by SusieMiller in Head South | Jan 12, 2013
- QuitoToday, we took the Quito gondola up to see a view of the city. We then stopped at an amusement park afterwards! Mom and I rode roller coasters, and it was a lot of fun! Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Jan 12, 2013
- Our last dayWe slept in and had a lazy morning today, this was our last day in Ecuador. We decided to wander over to El Ejido park as there is a market place in the park on Saturdays. It turned Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Jan 5, 2013
- Old Town Police TourThis morning we headed back to Old Town for our tour with the Police. Our tour guide spoke very good english and did a great job explaining the tour. Unfortunately we were asked not to take pictures inside Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Jan 4, 2013
- BARTOLOME ISLAND, GALAPAGOS ISLANDSThe next day we boarded an even bigger yacht for the 2hr ride out to Bartolome Island. Breakfast was served on-route. Along the way we had dolphins follwing our boat, we saw sea turtles, a white tipped reef shark, and Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jan 5, 2013
- NORTH SEYMOUR ISLAND, GALAPAGOS ISLANDSThere are tour / travel agencies everywhere along the main drag in Puerto Ayora. We stopped at Albatross Tours and booked ourselves 2 yacht excursions. The first one to North Seymour Island, and the next one to Bartolome Island for Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jan 5, 2013
- South America 1987 (12) - Ecuador (2) - OtavaloThis is my story from the world's most famous Amerindian market town, Otavalo, and a very interesting guided trip to the villages around.
===Friday 13.11.1987, Quito - Otavalo===
Otavalo has a famous Indian market on Saturdays. As the Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Nov 15, 1987
- PapallactaToday we headed off into the Andean highlands to the town of Papallacta which sits at 3300m or 10826ft above sea level. The mountain pass reached a height of 4200m or 13780ft above sea level. According to the Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Jan 3, 2013
- South America 1987 (11) - Ecuador (1) - The first daysWe crossed the border from Peru in the south and went straight to Quito. We immediately found Ecuador to be an exciting country and with a lovely capital.
[i](Here is an introduction to our visit to Ecuador at the time of Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Nov 12, 1987
- Old TownToday we decided to head back to Old Town Quito, the Metropolitan Police here in Quito give a guided tour around old town. So we hopped in a cab and headed off for the visitor information centre, which we Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Jan 2, 2013
- SANTA CRUZ ISLAND, GALAPAGOS ISLANDSOn Jan 14th, 2012 (our 4yr wedding anniversary) we flew from Belize City, Belize to Isla Baltra in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. Most people assume that the only way to see the islands is to go on a very expensive Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jan 4, 2013
- The Mindo Cloudforest and WaterfallsThe bus from Quito with the [[http://www.flordelvalle.com.ec|Flor Del Valle]] company was thankfully operating on New Year`s Day. The night before (New Year`s Eve), the operator had to have a long discussion with what I presume was bus H.Q about whether Posted by Earthworm Jim in Buenos Dias South America | Jan 4, 2013