- Lions de mer des Galapagós... Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 30, 2014
- San Cristóbal de GalápagosC'est le grand saut vers l'archipel volcanique des Galápagos... Première après-midi découverte de la pointe Sud de l'île de San Cristobal. Nous prenons connaissance avec quelques espèces typiques: pélicans, frégates, lézards des laves... En fin d'après-mi Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 25, 2014
- Escale à QuitoUne fin d’après-midi à Quito. Une anecdote: passage de bâton entre deux évêques dans la cathédrale remplie de militaires haut-gradés.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700293/large_P Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 24, 2014
- People are PeopleMy dad is from Boston and comes with all the skepticism and scruff that is implied in that statement. He often has said “people are people” and “I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist”. I always took those statements in Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 23, 2014
- Ecuador by Bus ==The Good:==
For the most part, the busing system in Ecuador is wonderful. The buses are cheap, very well maintained, clean and run smoothly. Please note the caveat “for the most part”. Now, note it again! Night buses and the buses Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 23, 2014
- Quito & ÄquatordenkmalUm 6 Uhr mussten wri schon Posted by travelisa1 in Ecuador & Galapagos 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- Weite AnreiseLos gings am 8. September. Mein Papa und ich fuhren am Nachmittag nach München, um dort in einen Flughafenhotel zu übernachten. Ich hasse es, dass wir schon so eine lange Reise zum Flughafen haben und durch Übernachtungen am Flughafen vor Posted by travelisa1 in Ecuador & Galapagos 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- Ecuador; Love the Life!
The official slogan of Ecuador reads “Ecuador, Ama la Vida”, or “Ecuador, Love the Life”. I have been in Ecuador for almost 2 weeks now, and wish I could stay longer already. The country is stunning and definitely lives up Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 15, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorQuito is everything I had hoped! The houses liter the hills and mountains as far as the eye can see, and further. As the highest capital in the world, it is literally breathtaking.
Arriving at night, the lights across the Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 7, 2014
- Ama la vidaAma la vida - Liebe das Leben! Und genau das mache ich hier...und ich bin gut darin :) Seit 4 Tagen wohne ich jetzt in einem kleinen gemütlichen Hostel in Monañita. Es heißt das Chillhouse und wird von zwei super Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Sep 6, 2014
- LATE POST: Last Night in Ecuador9/1/14 at 2130 (Quito time)
I am on the plane leaving Ecuador and am feeling both saddened and invigorated. My last night with my extended family ended the Ecuador portion of my trip on the perfect note.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 4, 2014
- Sacha Yacu Animal Center8/26/14 at 1456 (Quito time)
Title: Pig attack!
My afternoon so far has consisted of a siesta and getting bit by the pig Juaganita as I pushed her aw Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 1, 2014
- Sacha Yacu Animal Center Amo a Ecuador! This country and its people have stolen my heart without a doubt and I am sad to be leaving, no matter how much I am looking forward to exploring Portugal. My first introduction to the graciousness of Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 1, 2014
- Die ersten TageSo nun bin ich angekommen und wohne bei meiner Freundin Malena in Olón, einem kleinen Dorf nördlich von Montañita. Noch bin ich sehr platt von der Reise und merke den Jetlag noch etwas. Ich versuche mal hier in kurz und Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Aug 29, 2014
- Das Abenteuer beginntSo nun ging es los! Ich war diesmal wirklich sehr aufgeregt und die Pandabären machten immer noch eine riesen Party in meinem Bauch! Erstmal ging es nach Madrid, das erste Mal Spanien, und dort eine Nacht im Hotel übernachten. Hat Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Aug 26, 2014
- Safe and sound in Quito with extended family!
After a day's worth of travel, I'm here in Quito relaxing with my new buddy Mufasa an Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Aug 24, 2014
- Coast of EcuadorFrom Cuenca, we went to the coast of Ecuador for 1.5 weeks, spending most of our time just south of a town called Puerto Lopez. We discovered one of the best hostels in the whole world. It was just so Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Aug 24, 2014
- Cuenca, Ecuador
In another attempt to find a warmer place Thomas and I flew from Santiago, Chile to the beautiful city of Cuenca, Ecuador. It had been Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Aug 13, 2014
- Quito to Puerto Lopez2nd August - A day in Quito
With a flight to catch in the early evening to Manta we took the opportunity to see some of the sights of Quito. We followed the walking tour recommended by Lonely Planet, which Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Aug 7, 2014
- From the Jungle to Quito31st July - Last full day at Sacha Lodge
Another early rise in the rainforest and we’re off on the Orchid canal trip. True to its name we saw a few orchids, but also large blue butterflies and more jungle birds. Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Aug 5, 2014
- Leaving Mojanda for Ecuadorian Rainforest28th July - Leaving Mojanda to go to Quito
Our last day at Casa Mojanda and we were determined to make the most of the morning before being collected by Washington for the drive to Quito. We spent the morning at Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Aug 1, 2014
- CuicochaOn the advice of some American Ecuadorians staying with us at Casa Mojanda we decided to make a trip to the crater lake Cuicocha today. The lake sits at the foot of the dormant Cotacachi volcano and is about 3km Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 28, 2014
- OtavaloWe woke early this morning at sunrise - our hut is somewhat lacking in curtains and we haven’t quite adjusted to Ecuadorian time. The morning was sunny but a little chilly (as to be expected at 2,900m above sea Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 28, 2014
- Our first two days in EcuadorWe arrived at Quito airport hoping to be met by a 'man with a poster'. There were lot's of men with posters, but none bearing the name 'Lovell', slightly concerned for a few minutes before an Ecuadorian by the Posted by loveall2014 in ☀️Summer Holiday 2014☀️ | Jul 26, 2014
- Galapogos and getting to Costa RicaHey guys. Just another quick update to what we've been up to We left the hotel in quito at 4am to catch the early morning flight to The Galapagos Islands. its about a 3 hour flight from the mainland. As Posted by carlyngaz in Time for Carly and Gary to see the world | Jul 11, 2014