- Ah Baños, just the tonic we neededThe town of Baños (not to be confused with baños - the Spanish word for toilet) was a gorgeous little place in a stunning setting, nestled deep within looming hills and volcanoes. The nearby towering Tungurahua (meaning throat of fire) Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 12, 2014
- The night we got robbedBefore I recount what happened to us I just wanted to say that some of it may seem implausible, but I can assure you that the following is a true story.
In our 8.5 months away, it was only our second Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 11, 2014
- Welcome to the jungleEffing bloody Quito. Here you are again for a fourth time!!!
We had to return because our night bus left the city at 11pm to Lago Agrio, where we were picking up our tour to Amazonia. This left us with 10 Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 9, 2014
- Not your average birthday - Otavalo market daySo leaving Mindo meant, yup... back to Quito. This place is starting to have a vice-like grip on us. The problem being it's central to everything and we have to keep returning there to take onward travel to the next Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 8, 2014
- Condors, Volcano's & the highlight of my ecuadorian adventurOur next adventure began very early on the 21st March. We headed to the bus station, in the pouring rain, in the back of a truck type vehicle. The truck wasn’t enclosed so we all got a little bit wet Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Jun 2, 2014
- Final Day in Quito!August 15th
This morning I woke up very early because I wanted to go to the Telefrico (cable car) and it is best to go early before the clouds start to come in. I had breakfast in the hotel and it Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 15, 2014
- First Day in QuitoAugust 14th
Today was my first official day in Quito. I visited the Old Town, it was built centuries ago by indigenous artisans and laborers. It’s a bustling area, full of telling street vendors, ambling pedestrians, beeping taxis and buses, Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 14, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorAugust 13th
It is currently 10pm in Quito, Ecuador, I arrived at my hotel about an hour or so ago. I left Bogota last night at 9pm, so it was a 24hr bus ride. I’m so thankful the person next Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 13, 2014
- Quito (the return) and MindoNeither of us were relishing the thought of heading back to Quito, but we had little choice to stay there as our flight back from the Galapagos landed late afternoon.
So we resigned ourselves to another night in the noisy Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 29, 2014
- Galapagos Part 2014 II
[img=http:/ Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | May 29, 2014
- You know you're a traveller when you...... have to think twice about which country you're in before remembering if you can throw paper down the toilet
... regularly wake up thinking 'where the hell am I?'
... learn to say 'hello', 'goodbye', 'please', 'thank you' and 'sorry' in Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 27, 2014
We woke up and left Latacunga early, tempted by the prospect of getting into the spa hotel we had booked in Baños for our 1st wedding anniversary. On the way to the bus stop, we attempted to find our favourite Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | May 27, 2014
- Waterfalls, superman and the devils nose! Baños is a small town in the central highlands of Ecuador. On first impressions it was a nice place, people seemed friendly and there appeared to be a bit of life here. It's a popular destination with both local and Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- Amazonian adventures Saturday 15th March started with yet more exciting baby news. My friend Nicola had also finally given birth to a baby boy. Oliver arrived 2 weeks late but I was over the moon he arrived safely. His arrival also marked Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- The South American adventure continues: Ecuador Ecuador 13th March - 4th April
I waved goodbye to Peru very early on the 13th after not very much sleep at all. I left for the airport at 6am and arrived at the airport to utter chaos. The weather Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- Galapagos. The most incredible place on the planet? Discuss.Well it has our vote.
Before we set off on our big trip, we both took a blank sheet of paper and separately wrote down our wish list of countries and places to visit. We had a number of paradise Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 24, 2014
- Quilotoa Loop
We woke up and had a leisurely breakfast at our hostel in Quito, before getting a bus on the so-called “trolley” service for an hour down to the southern bus station. The bus was utterly crammed and made London’s Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | May 23, 2014
One of our most anticipated trips of South America was the Amazon and we were really excited to finally be heading off deep into the world’s largest rainforest. It was jammed packed full of exciting stuff so this is Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | May 22, 2014
- Galapagos 2014 / Part I
[img= Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | May 20, 2014
- Ecuador 2014[img=http://p Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | May 19, 2014
- Day 6===... the previous day.===
===4 pm.=== My father and I have finished surgery for the day and we are standing around our supplies.
Most of the supplies have been used throughout our 21 cases. All of the sterile gowns have been Posted by stephenhuang1 in Ecuador | May 18, 2014
- Otalavo and Quito
We left our beloved Colombia early in the morning, so that we could get through the border quickly and head on to Ecuador. Our first stop was Ipiales were we needed to get a shared taxi to the Colombian border. Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | May 16, 2014
- Days 3,4,5==Surgery, surgery, surgery!==
My oh my has it been busy.
For that reason I've decided to lump these three days together.
True north has organized a general routine structure each day t Posted by stephenhuang1 in Ecuador | May 16, 2014
- Day 2==Welcome back dear reader, to our adventure through Ecuador.==
===I am your brilliant and modest guide, Stephen. Today is day 2.===
We continue the trip in a quain Posted by stephenhuang1 in Ecuador | May 15, 2014
- Day 1
==Hello! And welcome to our 9 day journey through Ecuador. ==
If you've followed us before, my father, sister, and I started a charity called [[http://nepalvision.travellerspoint.com/toc/|Nep Posted by stephenhuang1 in Ecuador | May 13, 2014