- 1st day San CristobalMorris Writing
We both slept well in Hostal Perla Real Inn, I for one was very surprised because the hotel is located on a very busy road, luckily we had a room at the back, I slept all the way through Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jun 19, 2013
- Bye Bye Ayampe…… for just now anywayWe finished our 4th week of Spanish Lessons on Friday the 14th of June, the last week went well, Ruth and I both struggled with the 4 hours of lessons in the afternoon though, in the 3rd week of lessons Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jun 18, 2013
- Arrive in Ecuador- 3rd countryDay 53- Thursday 25.4.13
Pick up at 4 am!!!
Arrive in reception and no pick up to be seen. The receptionist says another 5 mins and then calls a cab. Finally the transfer turns up about 25 mins late. Luckily we Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | May 3, 2013
- 3rd Week of Spanish Lessons/Dodgy GutsMorris Writing
Havent been on the blog or email much over the last week, a bit of a mix of different reasons, Ruth and I both had dodgy stomachs last week, it was always going to happen eventually, we had breakfast Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jun 12, 2013
- Ecuador - a delightful surpriseAfter such a wonderful time in the Galapagos, we returned to mainland Ecuador. We began with a trip to Banos. We had heard a lot about Banos in the guide books. It's famed for its hot Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Jun 8, 2013
- Discovering the Galapagos IslandsWe have been so fortunate to visit some places that have been lifelong dreams like Machu Picchu, and this was another. The Galapagos Islands are very unique. They are world-famous for their unusual and fearless wildlife. This is the result Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Jun 6, 2013
- Night out in MontanitaFriday night at Xanadu we arranged to have a night out on Saturday evening in the town of Montanita with Flo from Austria, Mark from Canada, Suzie the Ozzie and a guy from Switzerland called Joel, Flo met Joel randomly Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jun 3, 2013
- My Travel Dream Come True - The Galapagos IslandsAfter a horrendous journey to Guayaquil in Ecuador (26 hours, numerous buses, closed border etc) we booked into our hotel and quickly began to book our flights to the Galapagos the following day. It may seem very last minute Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Jun 2, 2013
- Nice SunsetMorris Writing
Friday after finishing the Spanish lessons at 5pm we had a beer with Vanessa & Ryan the owners of the Spanish school and Mark from Canada, Vanessa informed us that our Spanish teacher for next week speaks 5 different Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jun 2, 2013
- Mas fruta que se puede comerWhere to begin,
I've been taking the one month intensive permaculture course on the farm, and I'm so excited about what I've been learning. Nicola has been teaching us about various aspects of agriculture, like different ways of Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jun 2, 2013
- 2nd week of Spanish LessonsThe 2nd week of Spanish lessons have been going well, we have a new teacher this week, Margarita from Puerto Lopez, Margarita doesn’t speak English very well so we are having to speak a lot more Spanish, this will be Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 29, 2013
- Caimans and Toucans and Piranhas Oh My!Day One
Welcome to the jungleP
We were up at 4am for our flight to Quito then had five hours at the airport until out flight to Coca. After a short 30 minute flight to Coca, we took a bus, motorised canoe Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 29, 2013
- Galapagos Part ThreeDay Seven
To Santa Cruz Island, wild giant tortoises, lava caves and kayaking
We took a boat to our final destination in the Galapagos, Santa Cruz island. This is the "economic capital" and busiest town we saw in the Galapagos with lots Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 29, 2013
- Holiday WeekendThis past weekend was a holiday weekend in Ecuador, Gabi in Los Orishas told us Ayampe would be a bit busier with people coming down from the cities for a beach break, after the Spanish lessons on Friday afternoon we Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 26, 2013
- Somos de Escocia - We are from ScotlandMorris Writing
We successfully completed the 1st week of the Spanish lessons, 1 week down 3 to go, its been a good laugh so far and we have both taken in a lot, our teacher Estephanie (not Stephanie like we 1st Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 24, 2013
- Back to SchoolMorris Writing
We started the Spanish Lessons on Monday the 20th of May, 4 hours per day, 5 days per week for 4 weeks in total, should be a laugh, in the short space of time we’ve been here we both Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 21, 2013
- Machalilla National ParkRuth writing
Managed to stay up until 9.30pm on a Saturday night!
Definitely still in the UK time zone, 9.30 here is 3.30am back home, waking several times through the night with lots of cockerels cockadooing away,but hearing the pacific ocean Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 20, 2013
- AyampeMorris Writing
1st nights sleep in Ayampe was not too bad, its nice to be able to hear the sound of the waves crashing off the beach when you’re drifting off to sleep, not so nice to hear a cockerel start Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 19, 2013
- Guayaquil to Ayampe via MontanitaMorris Writing
We were dropped off at Guayaquil’s main bus station by the young lad at Hostal Murali, the journey to the bus station in the car was quite chaotic, a free for all on the road is the best way Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 18, 2013
- Galapagos. Incredible.Day One
Today we flew to Guayaquil, a larger city than Quito and according to general consensus, rather dangerous.
This was Day One in our 10 day Galapagos tour with Row Adventures (though really we had seven full days th Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- To market, to marketFor our last day in Quito before heading to the Galápagos Islands (!) we walked to town in the general direction of the Mariscal markets.
It was a lovely sunny day Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- Tungurahua Volcano in BañosWe were up early again on our last day in Baños and had another nice breakfast and banana milkshake - mmm.
We took a taxi to Bellavista, where we would start our hike to the Tungurahua Volcano which had been Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- How Not to Intimidate a Cow We decided yesterday morning to stay another night in Baños because it is so great and there is lots to do.
After another delicious breakfast at Casa de Verde we went into town for some supplies then took a taxi Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 4, 2013
- Cascadas EscapadesWhat a great day! La Casa de Verde (Green House) is an awesome eco-lodge right next to the river in Baños. Our room is fantastic - 270 degree views of the mountains surrounding Baños and the river. It has a Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 3, 2013
- Equators, Craters and the Never Ending BusBreakfast was fruit, rolls, eggs and insanely delicious berry jam with fresh berry juice. The staff laugh encouragingly (we assume) when Cal has been ordering cafe con leche which is nice.
We met Tristram, a public servant from Canberra at breakfast Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 3, 2013