- GalapagosBig night for July 4th, Bill and Liz renewed their wedding vows, which was very touching followed by a karaoke evening. This helped sleeping as it was a bumpy night to our next destination, and a even more hair Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 5, 2014
- GalapagosGreat snorkelling today with giant sea turtles and sea iguanas, followed by seeing a huge killer whale, luckily we had just got out the water when he turned up for his sea turtle lunch. Another highlight was seeing a Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 4, 2014
Baltra airport is a small airstrip on the east side of the island of the same name, part of the Galápagos Archipelago which lies some 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador. The flight from Quit Posted by Eleniki in A year out | Jul 4, 2014
- GalapagosAfter leaving Daphne Island, we went to Floreana Island where Darwin visited on the HMS Beagle,for more snorkeling and observing the pink flamingoes. Went to Post Office bay where you can send yourself a postcard, weird I know, and today Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jul 2, 2014
- Galapagos by proxy
I thought I'd share a few of the photos that have been posted on Facebook of the trip so far. Gary has limited internet access so hasn't been able to post too often.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorThis is not going to be much of an update. Dave and I are so tired from initially getting here and a few early starts that I am going to go to bed soon. We have had meeting re Galapagos Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jul 1, 2014
Left my little hostel and met up at the Marriott with Deb, Chris, Matt,and doing a city tour of Quito.
Since flown onto The Galapogos Islands and went for our first snorkel. Didn't see Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jun 30, 2014
- Arrival in Quito, Ecuador After a touch and go whether I'd get to Santiago at all, I ended up in business class. That was never going to happen up to Quito, but still got here ok, even though abit shattered last night. If you Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jun 26, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Isabella Island, EcuadorThe inter-island water taxi ride:
- 20 passengers plus luggage
- The captain handed us our life jackets and wished us good luck!
- Lots of happy faces to start with...
- Small boat, big waves...
- 1 hour later lots of less happy faces...
- Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 21, 2014
- Cuenca ends our Ecuador adventureCuenca was absolutely beautiful, and we'd go so far as to say it's the most beautiful city we've been to on this trip yet.
It was a long 8 hour bus ride to get there from Baños, but this time we Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 19, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 5 of 5)Day 5 itinerary
Early bird, but still half asleep Amanda was enjoying her first cup of tea, chatting to our guide on deck, when mid conversation he nonchalantly pointe Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 15, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 4 of 5)Day 4 itinerary
First up, off to Sombrero Chino Island (shape = name)
On the wa Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 3 of 5)Day 3 itinerary
First excursion was to Sullivan Bay to see the wildlife and some amazing lava formations
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/F8B0B4772219AC6 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 2 of 5)Day 2 itinerary
The Galápagos Islands are so unique. Only 3% of the islands are accessed by humans. The remainder is National Park. Tours and tourist numbers are restr Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 1 of 5)[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands|About the Galápagos Islands]]
Day 1: Arrived on Baltra Island in the Galapagos and transferred to Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/C31FAEF92219AC6817D49D29 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Santiago via Argentina to Guayaquil, EcuadorCrossing the Andes before entering Ecuadorean airspace
Our next stop was a lovely fishing and beach town south west of Guayaquil, called Playas. 2.5 days of R&R
and s Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Ah Baños, just the tonic we neededThe town of Baños (not to be confused with baños - the Spanish word for toilet) was a gorgeous little place in a stunning setting, nestled deep within looming hills and volcanoes. The nearby towering Tungurahua (meaning throat of fire) Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 12, 2014
- The night we got robbedBefore I recount what happened to us I just wanted to say that some of it may seem implausible, but I can assure you that the following is a true story.
In our 8.5 months away, it was only our second Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 11, 2014
- Welcome to the jungleEffing bloody Quito. Here you are again for a fourth time!!!
We had to return because our night bus left the city at 11pm to Lago Agrio, where we were picking up our tour to Amazonia. This left us with 10 Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 9, 2014
- Not your average birthday - Otavalo market daySo leaving Mindo meant, yup... back to Quito. This place is starting to have a vice-like grip on us. The problem being it's central to everything and we have to keep returning there to take onward travel to the next Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 8, 2014
- Condors, Volcano's & the highlight of my ecuadorian adventurOur next adventure began very early on the 21st March. We headed to the bus station, in the pouring rain, in the back of a truck type vehicle. The truck wasn’t enclosed so we all got a little bit wet Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Jun 2, 2014
- Final Day in Quito!August 15th
This morning I woke up very early because I wanted to go to the Telefrico (cable car) and it is best to go early before the clouds start to come in. I had breakfast in the hotel and it Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 15, 2014
- First Day in QuitoAugust 14th
Today was my first official day in Quito. I visited the Old Town, it was built centuries ago by indigenous artisans and laborers. It’s a bustling area, full of telling street vendors, ambling pedestrians, beeping taxis and buses, Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 14, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorAugust 13th
It is currently 10pm in Quito, Ecuador, I arrived at my hotel about an hour or so ago. I left Bogota last night at 9pm, so it was a 24hr bus ride. I’m so thankful the person next Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 13, 2014
- Quito (the return) and MindoNeither of us were relishing the thought of heading back to Quito, but we had little choice to stay there as our flight back from the Galapagos landed late afternoon.
So we resigned ourselves to another night in the noisy Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 29, 2014