- BanosWe traveled South from Quito to Banos, a small town at the foot of a volcano and surrounded by rain forest making it an idyllic location with spectacular views.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 10, 2013
- Quito and QuilotoaQuito is the second highest capital in the world at 2800m and is split into an old own and the new town. We stayed in the new town, where most of the restaurants and bars are located. We spent Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 3, 2013
- From Quito to Huaraz by busThis time here is a post which differs a bit from the others as this is mainly an informational post for people who want to travel from Ecuador to Peru at a lower cost. I was looking for this type Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Oct 31, 2013
- Quito y Mitad del MundoMy post about Ecuador will not be long as I only had enough time to visit Quito and its surroundings.
There are quite a few things to do in Ecuador, for the adventurous trekkers who wish to climb the Cotopaxi volcano Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Oct 23, 2013
- The pursuit of happinessHey gang,
Sorry it's been so long, life on the farm has sucked me back in. Life down here has become so normal to me, I hardly know what to write about anymore. The past couple of months back on the Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Puerto Lopez, EcuadorSo after a truck ride from Salinas to Guaranda, followed by a four hour bus journey to Guayaquil, I was amazed that I was able to catch a bus straight to Puerto Lopez. The only thing was that I hadn't Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 27, 2013
- Salinas, Ecuador
Recovering from a bout of stomach issues (apparently an amoeba contracted from the water- AGAIN!) I had to spend my last day in Baños in bed. This was pretty miserable, bu Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 27, 2013
- Letters From The Amazon - Part ThirteenHola! mi amigos
The time has come for me to be saying my final 'Adios' to the Jatun Sacha reserve and my adventures here in the rainforest after 6 eve Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Dec 15, 2009
- Galapagos!!ok We havent made an entry in a long time so weve a lot to catch up on.
We got to galapagos and despite having arranged an airport pick up none was there. Neither of us was very shocked. Something Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Sep 11, 2013
- Richard Spruce, Rio VerdeRichard Spruce, for those that I haven't told, was an explorer and botanist in the 19th century. At the age of 31 he ventured to South America to conduct research along the Amazon, where he stayed for 15 years. His Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 7, 2013
- Ecuador!I arrived into Quito pretty late at night (1am) and was picked up by Omar, the driver for the hostel, and taken through the streets of Quito to the hostel. Omar was lovely but insisted on speaking to me in Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 7, 2013
- The rest of Ecuador......Not many pictures for this section as we were both ill and just trying to recoup. Also computer died at this point so stopped us updating and blogging as much as we wanted........
Day 100 Tuesday 11.6.13- Day 103 Friday 14.6.13
So Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | Sep 3, 2013
- Nikki and Andy :-)Apologies all for the delay in posting- internet has been so on and off throughout Peru and Bolivia..... but will be worth the wait :-) More pics as Brazil internet is great.
Hooray Nikki and Andy arrive.......
Day 88- Thursday 30.5.13
Bogota/ Cali Posted by Ford and Bates in Helen and Laurence South America | Sep 1, 2013
- Galapagos Part Two. Still incredible.Day Four
To the Isle of the Baroness, the Wittners and the Toothless Dentists
As the plane was broken, we took a speed boat two hours to Floreana (also called Santa Maria).
Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | Aug 26, 2013
- Home away from homeHello all,
Back on the farm again, after a whilrwind 3 weeks. After a few days sick as a dog in Baños, shuffling between coffee shops and my bedroom, Meagan and I split from Daniel and headed to Latacunga for the Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jul 20, 2013
- Moving toward the north of the Coast and back to QuitoHi there everyone,
Sorry for being a while since my last entry but my access to internet has been rather bad to be honest. I have also been moving quite a bit and I am eager to share how great Posted by martinmorlot in One student losing himself in Ecuador | Jul 14, 2013
- Bye Bye Galapagos The time had come to leave the Galapagos, we checked out of Casa Mabel and said goodbye to Nelson, I hope his business keeps doing well, its nice when you meet genuine people like Nelson no matter where you are
Check-in Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jul 12, 2013
- An extra week for some dentistry.
Did I hear someone say medical tourism. We had heard so much about it that we thought we (Sophie) would try it out in the form of dentistry.
She had ripped a massive chunk out of on Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jul 12, 2013
- Leaving Santa CruzMorris Writing
We left Santa Cruz on Monday afternoon, on Sunday morning we bought our tickets from the tour agency where we got previously bought boat tickets, previously the woman in the shop was very helpful, she phoned up the boat Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jul 8, 2013
- Taking it easy in Santa CruzMorris Writing
We’ve not been up to much in Santa Cruz, we jogged out to a place called Tortuga Bay on Thursday at about midday, 6k there and back, the trail to Tortuga Bay is through the forest, it was absolutely Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jul 6, 2013
- Beginning of the Ruta del sol: Playas, Salinas, MontanitaHi there everyone,
I am making this entry from a place I am staying in a town I truly love. (Yes, I love both the town and the place). The town is Montanita, I have already been there two nights, I Posted by martinmorlot in One student losing himself in Ecuador | Jul 5, 2013
- Day 2 on Santa CruzMorris Writing
We both slept really well on Tuesday night, Ruth was asleep by 9.20pm, I was asleep by 10pm, before sleeping I watched a documentary about giant squid and normal squid on the Animal Planet Channel, it was a bit Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jul 3, 2013
- Swapping spuds for bananas
We hadn’t planned on staying long in Ecuador – maybe four or five days post-Galapagos, but the ol’ South American adage of ‘your gonna need mo time and mo money’ has rung true. As I write Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jul 3, 2013
- 6th/7th day on Isabela Island & 1st day on Santa CruzMorris Writing
Sunday was another chilled day on Isabela, we did decide to rent surf boards, its safe to say we both aint the best, for me I felt the waves were breaking too close to the beach where the sea Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | Jul 3, 2013
- On the road againAfter finishing an intensive one month organic farming course on the farm, I've decided it's time to get out of farm life and back into the real world for a little while. I've headed back out onto the road with Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jun 30, 2013