- Days 3 & 4 in AmazoniaDay 3 and 4 in Amazonia
Holy doodle! Another great day of tree planting. The heat just sucks the energy right out of a brother. The English University group fell asleep in the hammocks and even on the lunch benches after Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Day 2 in AmazoniaDay 2 in Amazonia
Too hot for clothes! Was a scorcher today. Glad I made it through the night. Was feeling the effects of post dehydration and exhaustion, ended up taking a Tylenol for a sore back.
The New York University Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Day 1 in AmazoniaDay 1 in Amazonia
Ouch! As I write this, I'm wrapping my hands in gauze and bandaids. We walked 2km into the jungle today to plant a bazillion banana and yuca trees. Walking through the forest was amazing! So many cacao Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Quito to AmazoniaQuito to Amazonia
Today I traveled to the Amazon rainforest. I had to take a taxi from the secret garden, and a bus from Quito to tena, about 5 hours. The road was good until we got down off the highlands. Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 24, 2016
- Travel and ArrivalWoo! Over 17,000km later. I have arrived in Quito, Ecuador.
The night in Vancouver airport was nothing short of proof for me about trusting your gut and living in the moment. Instead of sleeping on the hard airport floor. I Posted by Islandboi99 in South America 2016 | Jan 13, 2016
- Equatorial EcuadorWe had some fun getting into Ecuador - our colectivo (a taxi, but shared so it is dirt cheap, I think we paid about $0.40 each) drove straight through both borders and dropped us off just down the road. We Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Dec 30, 2015
- Feliz Navidad!Lately we've been working harder than Santa's elves getting everything ready for our first fiesta de Navidad, and now that it's over we're ready to relax! Oscar built us a beautiful porch, and a new permanent bathroom, and with those Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Dec 30, 2015
- Ecuador Total trip so far stats:
Hours on bus: 102
Hours on plane: 23.5
Hours on train: no change since last blog
Phils injury count since last blog: lacerated ankle, finger and elbow from sharp coral (of course Debbie told him not to Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Dec 9, 2015
- Ruthee's search for 'Charlie' in EcuadorWell as mentioned in the previous blogs I have had the odd melt down during our time away. The last being about 5 weeks ago when the so called mattress (timber boards) got me to a point where I decided Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Nov 27, 2015
- Fitting inOn Saturday, Oscar and I had the perfect evening. It was our first date night since returning to Ecuador, something I had been looking forward to for quite some time. We went to our usual dinner spot on the beach, Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Nov 23, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador, Dallas, Austin Oklahoma City==Quito==
The SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference (LACPEC) is the major E&P conference in the region. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to present a keynote address, present awards, meet with students and local industry Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 19, 2015
- Back to Basics Well, here we are again. I'm happy to report that very little has changed. The people are still friendly, the music is still loud, the food is still delicious.. our journey was smooth and uneventful Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Nov 15, 2015
- Galapagos revisited and correctedIn the last entry the sea iguanas were labelled as land iguanas - apologies for this mistake. The black ones are the fascinating sea iguanas.
Also here are some more photos for your viewing pleasure.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774 Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 9, 2015
- Galloping around the Galapagos and a brief visit to Quito==Day 12==
Flew from Guayaquil to San Cristobel Island in the Galapagos. Transferred to the Flamingo I. Went for our first snorkelling expedition. Linda’s birthday.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774716/P1030573.jpg caption=P1030573 - Linda Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015
- Retrospective entry from EcuadorHi friends and rels,
We have finished our Galapagos cruise, and we are now in Lima, the capital of Peru (of course). But before telling you about these two destinations, here are some photos from the trip from Cuenca to Guayaquil Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 3)Saturday 31 October, 12.30pm
We landed this morning near a beautiful black sand beach on Santiago Island, and we waded on to the shore.
The walk along the beach took us past malnourished marine iguanas (apparently the water around here is Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 2)Not-the-captain's log: Thursday 29 October, 8.30pm
Our first stop today was on a recently-formed (a few hundred thousand years ago) part of Isabela Island. It's essentially a large lava field, with some mangroves, cacti and other hardy plants th Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 1)Not-the-captain's log: Tuesday 27 October, 10pm
An exciting day has turned into a pretty painful night on the Encantada.
We met our guide and our fellow passengers at the airport. Guide Rodrigo is a rotund and cheerful mainlander, and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- The coast with the mostSam
On Saturday we caught the bus down from Cuenca, dropping more than 2500m as we reached coastal Guayaquil. With 2.3 million people, it's Ecuador's biggest city, and has a reputation for being crowded and crime-ridden.
But that's not what Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 26, 2015
- Galapagos 2011 Galapagos
This was a bucket list trip for us. Celebrity has this trip working like a well oiled machine.Loved being on a ship with only 92 pa Once in Quitos everything, tours, hotel, Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Galapagos 2011Bartoloma is a tiny island with a central volcano is the most visited among the islands. Bartolome features a quintessential volcanic landscape with Pinnacle Rock towering. Well worth climbing the 379 steps to reach the top.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Quito to Guayaquil via the Spirit of the Andes Tour
Hi everyone, sorry this is so long, but we have been so busy that it has been hard to devote time to this project. The main thing is to look at the lovely photos. Tomorrow we go to the Galapagos Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 24, 2015
- Cuenca-mazingWednesday was fairly dull; we spent most of the day on the bus going through clouds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 23, 2015
- ¿Dónde está el baño?Caroline
For our last day in Quito, we joined Mum, Dad, Jan and Tony for a trip to Otavalo, a town to the north of Quito famous for its market. The market has been going strong since pre-Incan times.
Adriana, our guide, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Singing in QuitoWe flew from Cusco to Lima to Quito on Thursday. That was fairly painless, but a three-hour journey on public buses to get from the airport to our hotel made us pretty tired. We had another early night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/14l Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 17, 2015