- Back to Basics Well, here we are again. I'm happy to report that very little has changed. The people are still friendly, the music is still loud, the food is still delicious.. our journey was smooth and uneventful Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Nov 15, 2015
- Galapagos revisited and correctedIn the last entry the sea iguanas were labelled as land iguanas - apologies for this mistake. The black ones are the fascinating sea iguanas.
Also here are some more photos for your viewing pleasure.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774 Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 9, 2015
- Galloping around the Galapagos and a brief visit to Quito==Day 12==
Flew from Guayaquil to San Cristobel Island in the Galapagos. Transferred to the Flamingo I. Went for our first snorkelling expedition. Linda’s birthday.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/774716/P1030573.jpg caption=P1030573 - Linda Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015
- Retrospective entry from EcuadorHi friends and rels,
We have finished our Galapagos cruise, and we are now in Lima, the capital of Peru (of course). But before telling you about these two destinations, here are some photos from the trip from Cuenca to Guayaquil Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 3, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 3)Saturday 31 October, 12.30pm
We landed this morning near a beautiful black sand beach on Santiago Island, and we waded on to the shore.
The walk along the beach took us past malnourished marine iguanas (apparently the water around here is Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 2)Not-the-captain's log: Thursday 29 October, 8.30pm
Our first stop today was on a recently-formed (a few hundred thousand years ago) part of Isabela Island. It's essentially a large lava field, with some mangroves, cacti and other hardy plants th Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- A cruise through paradise (part 1)Not-the-captain's log: Tuesday 27 October, 10pm
An exciting day has turned into a pretty painful night on the Encantada.
We met our guide and our fellow passengers at the airport. Guide Rodrigo is a rotund and cheerful mainlander, and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- The coast with the mostSam
On Saturday we caught the bus down from Cuenca, dropping more than 2500m as we reached coastal Guayaquil. With 2.3 million people, it's Ecuador's biggest city, and has a reputation for being crowded and crime-ridden.
But that's not what Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 26, 2015
- Galapagos 2011 Galapagos
This was a bucket list trip for us. Celebrity has this trip working like a well oiled machine.Loved being on a ship with only 92 pa Once in Quitos everything, tours, hotel, Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Galapagos 2011Bartoloma is a tiny island with a central volcano is the most visited among the islands. Bartolome features a quintessential volcanic landscape with Pinnacle Rock towering. Well worth climbing the 379 steps to reach the top.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Quito to Guayaquil via the Spirit of the Andes Tour
Hi everyone, sorry this is so long, but we have been so busy that it has been hard to devote time to this project. The main thing is to look at the lovely photos. Tomorrow we go to the Galapagos Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 24, 2015
- Cuenca-mazingWednesday was fairly dull; we spent most of the day on the bus going through clouds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 23, 2015
- ¿Dónde está el baño?Caroline
For our last day in Quito, we joined Mum, Dad, Jan and Tony for a trip to Otavalo, a town to the north of Quito famous for its market. The market has been going strong since pre-Incan times.
Adriana, our guide, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Singing in QuitoWe flew from Cusco to Lima to Quito on Thursday. That was fairly painless, but a three-hour journey on public buses to get from the airport to our hotel made us pretty tired. We had another early night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/14l Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 17, 2015
- Melbourne to Santiago and on to Quito===Day One===
We arrived at about midday at Santiago: It was chilly in Chile with the temperature being 6 degrees.
That afte Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 17, 2015
- Gliding Around After Staying in the JungleWe left Quito bound for Tena and the Amazon jungle. We had a six hour bus trip with our new tour group. We arrived in Tena and with the heat and humidity I instantly felt faint and like I was Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 4, 2015
- Discovering Animals like Charles DarwinOur flight to Galapagos seemed to take forever! We left Quito and touched down in a city of Guayaquil before continuing on. Getting off the plane I was instantly surprised about the terrain; when I thought of the Galapagos I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2015
- Gas Masks in the AltitudeWe were sad to be leaving Colombia. It is an amazing and diverse country. We really haven't seen the full extent that it has to offer and already are planning to go back.
Our next Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 22, 2015
- Ecuador ☆♡BLUE FOOTED BOOBIES ♡☆Puerto LopezAfter 5 hours on the bus we get to Puerto Lopez, I jump into a "motor taxi" basically what you would call a tuktuk in thailand. It cost me $1 to get to the hostel, I felt guilty it was Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Montanita for most people party town, for me yoga town!So Holly and I check out of the hostal and head to the bus station on a motor taxi.
We jump on a bus to Montanita, it's a few hours long and it was mentally busy. People on Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 6, 2015
- Ecuador.... Guayaquil - don't bother going! So on the plane I sit next to elbows megee. She did my head in. I was tired and hungover and not in the mood to be elbowed. I smiled and laughed along, through gritted teeth. She then asked me Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Otavalo Indian MarketThe Otavalo Market, which makes this market town famous, is undoubtedly one of the m Posted by Edwinhhh in Otavalo Indian Market | Aug 27, 2015
- Day 16: Tuesday 21st July - CuencaWe only had one day in Cuenca and wasn't very much to do activity wise, so Harrold took us on a city tour. There are a few inca ruins around the town, so we stopped by the while he explained Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 20, 2015
- Day 15: Monday 20th July - Baños to CuencaSo up and packed ourselves up again ready for our 9am bus to Cuenca. This one was 9 hours in a private bus with 1 stop for lunch along the way. So we got ready had a big breakfast before Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 19, 2015
- Day 14: Sunday 19th July - Baños Izzy and I woke a little under the weather and rather tired after our night, so we went down to the restaurant and had a decent breakfast before our big day out.
We were getting picked up from the hotel Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 18, 2015