- Having boat loads of fun in the GalapagosHaving missed the opportunity to go to the Galapagos 3 years ago when I was in Peru with my brothers, I was determined to make it a part of our trip this time. Christine and I arrived in Santa Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Jan 2, 2013
- OtavaloAs I said, why slow down now. Up early for a McDonalds breakfast, which is very conveniently located 2 blocks from our condo. We met our driver Edwin and his son Andres in front of our building. Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 29, 2012
- North Seymour Island and Adios Tip Top IIIThis morning was an early one 5:30am and off we went for our last excursion. North Seymour island is another non volcanic island, uplifted from the sea by seismic activity. It is also a nesting place for many Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 28, 2012
- San Cristobal IslandThis morning we found ourselves at Punta Pitt, after breakfast we boarded the panga's for a ride along the cliffs to see some Red Footed Boobies. We did get to see some but not their feet as they nested Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 27, 2012
- Espanola IslandAfter another rough night sailing to Espanola Island, Miguel and I decided to use our motion sickness patches. Since we are going around the most easterly islands we are in more open ocean, making things a bit rougher than Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 26, 2012
- Christmas Day & Floreana IslandChristmas day started with breakfast and an early morning panga ride, but when we spotted some turtle tracks on the beach it quickly turned into a beach landing. A female turtle was resting after having laid her eggs in Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 25, 2012
- Black Turtle Cove & Dragon HillThis morning we needed to fuel up so breakfast was a little later and the morning quite relaxed. Although we were asked to stay inside the boat during the refuel.
Our day was spent on the north side of Santa Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 24, 2012
- Sombrero Chino & Rabida IslandThis morning we found ourselves anchored at Sombrero Chino or Chinese Hat, named for the shape of the island.
After breakfast we boarded the panga's and headed for the island, on the w Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 23, 2012
- Santa FeWe awoke to find ourselves at Santa Fe Island, anchored in a beautiful calm turquoise cove. For those of us who have never slept on a boat before its certainly a unique experience. We woke up a couple Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 22, 2012
- All AboardWell this morning we said goodbye to Shangri-La and hello to Tip Top III, our home for the next 8 days and 7 nights.
[img=http://photos. Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 20, 2012
- day 108The past 3 weeks at Kokopelli in Mancora were indescribably relaxing. Everyday was beautiful and sunny, there was one bad day and that was only because it was cloudy. Work wasnt work at all. It was Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Dec 27, 2012
- Lima, Peru, and Manta, EcuadorThis post will feature reports on our two most recent ports: Callao (Lima), Peru, and Manta, Ecuador.
Callao is the port that we were scheduled to be in the longest: three whole days! It’s an ugly little port city about an Posted by aweinstein in Enrichment Voyage - 12/12-1/13 | Dec 23, 2012
- Bartolome IslandDecember 19th, we took a cruise out to Bartelome Island which has one of the highest peaks in the Galapagos Islands. The views from up top were beautiful, the island also has Pinnacle Rock which is one of the Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 19, 2012
- Dive DayDecember 18 was dive day for Vaughn, myself, Kaytlyn and Tyson. Which started very early with [[http://www.scubaiguana.com|Scuba Iguana]]. If your coming to the Galapagos and are looking for a dive shop, this is the one. I have Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 19, 2012
- Welcome to the GalapagosWhat a beautiful place. The airport here is located on a small Island called Baltra. Once you have bought your National Park Pass and collected your luggage, you board a bus for a quick trip to the ferry Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 18, 2012
- Panama Canal, days at sea and Guayaquil, EcuadorWell, it's been five days now since my last blog and here's a recap of what I've been up to:
After our day in Panama, we had three straight days in a row at sea. The first one was spent transiting Posted by aweinstein in Enrichment Voyage - 12/12-1/13 | Dec 18, 2012
- QuitoIn de busterminal van Guayaquilo een Ierse gast tegen gekomen en met hem gereist naar Quito en daar een paar dagen gechilled.
Hier heb ik een nieuwe vliegticket gehaald van Bogota naar Amsterdam op 23 December omdat dit goedkoper was dan Posted by Tako.terriet in South America | Dec 17, 2012
- We made itWell after a long day of travel we arrived in Quito at 10:45 pm, got to our condo and had a great sleep. We woke up to a nice sunny morning which continued through our whole day. Quito Posted by MRCL72 in We are going on another holiday | Dec 16, 2012
- Lima to the Galapogos and backSo im back in Lima after a quick jaunt up to Ecuador to visit the Galapogos islands. I booked it completly last minute, only a few days before I left Melbourne and really only as an alternative to spending a Posted by AoifeNagle in ARE WE THERE YET......? | Dec 16, 2012
- Free Lance Tour Guide/ Translator in Manta and Sorroundings.[float=right][/float]
My name is Annia Larkins I have duel nationality British and Ecuadorian. This is way English is my first language and my home town in Manta Ecuador.
I feel very priveleged to live here...
Manta is a beautiful city with Posted by Anniandrea in traveln'living | Dec 13, 2012
- The Galapagos and back to QuitoToday we disembarked the cruise on San Cristobal Island. We visited the San Cristobal Interpretation Center where we learned about the people who live on the Galapagos. There are four different towns where people live on four different Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- The GalapagosToday, in the morning we went hiking on Genovesa Island. We saw many red-footed boobies which are very cool. In the afternoon we went on another hike on North Seymour Island. We saw blue-footed boobies and frigate Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- The GalapagosToday, we went on a hike to see baby Nazca Boobies. They were so cute! We also saw lots of marine iguanas. In the afternoon we went deep water snorkeling. I saw lots of fish and Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- The GalapagosToday, we visited the other side of Santa Cruz Island. We took a short hike to see some flamingoes, and we went snorkeling by the beach. We then visited a tortoise reserve where we got to see tortoises Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- The GalapagosToday we boarded the cruise boat. We explored the decks and learned about the boat a little. We also visited the Charles Darwin Center, where they have giant tortoises and land iguanas in captivity.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/508035/DSC_4 Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012