- Quilotoa Loop: Day 2Nothing but the sound of muted footsteps, shuffling over a grass-softened path. A valley reminds you of every other valley you've ever been in, and they are all pleasant memories. Sheer limestone cliffs. Rocky ridges of odd, untamed shapes. Have Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Feb 1, 2013
- Quilotoa Loop: Day 1A river not so much cutting through steep valleys as tumbling. A tamed, pastoral river, barely more than a creek. I was somehow enchanted by it, felt as if I were in a fairytale or a land of hobbits. I Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jan 31, 2013
- Otavalo CharmToday we went back and bargained some more. It turns out we didn't make out so badly yesterday, not so badly as we could have.
We have only been in Otavalo so far, but already I can see Ecuador's charm. Its Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jan 29, 2013
- BargainingI think you will not soon forget this day, the day of our 5-hour long "discussion" of my (as you will remember, this emphasis is important) bargaining failure. Of course now Chris sits snug beneath his new alpaca blanket and Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jan 28, 2013
- Sleepy on BusesEcuador is not much different from Colombia, as far as we can tell so far. Maybe a stronger indigenous presence and culture. Men with hair in a long braid, traditional dress.
I can't keep awake on the buses anymore. In moments Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jan 27, 2013
- Surf´s upHola Guapos!
I´m in Bahia today for the anniversary of the formation of the Eco-ciudad. It´s not really an "eco-city" in my opinion, but it´s South America´s attempt at it, which is better than nothing. They recycle, which is so rare, Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Feb 22, 2013
- Quito & Banos...Quito:
The beautiful capital city of Ecuador sits high up in the Andes at a mere 2850m. The picturesque old town is a Unesco world heritage site, a perfect blend of Spanish and indigenous architecture, its plaza's, churches and buildings Posted by South.America in Ecuador | Feb 10, 2013
- Leap and the net will appearJanuary 1, 2013. First day of the year, first day of an adventure that 2013 promises to be. Walked by an algae-covered salt lake, a black iguana, and many ugly cactus, to arrive at a tear in the earth: [[http://www.galapagosislands.com/blog/visitor-point- Posted by Goofy9 in May The Blog Be with You | Jan 1, 2013
- La Vida LocaHola!
What to say about this past week.. Life on a farm was pretty tranquil. I took on the nursery beds as my pet project, and weeded all of it. Now the baby lime, cacoa, coffee, papaya, Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Feb 16, 2013
- Cuenca --> GuayaquilIt was our last day of Spanish classes, and our last day in Cuenca. Our last almuerzo with the family was a gustatory delight! We've eaten very well here. We said almost-tearful goodbyes to the people in Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 8, 2013
- Last full day in CuencaAs we walked around Cuenca in our last full day in the city, we were feeling a bit sad. We’ve gotten to know the part of the city nearby our house and school over the last three weeks. Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 8, 2013
- Vamos a la finca!Hola chicos!
Life is beautiful here. Last week I took the overnight bus to Canoa, and have loved every moment since. Canoa is a tiny surfer town in central Ecuador, comprised solely of hostels, restaurants, bakeries, corner stores, and homes for Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Feb 8, 2013
- The last week in Cuenca begins...Monday it rained on us for the first time in our travels. We didn’t get too wet since we only had to make the ten-minute walk home from school. It has rained before – several times during our Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 6, 2013
- Past few days...So this is going to be fairly/completely an informal post, more just a list of things that have happened over the past few days.
At this point I am completely TOTALLY hating now my Spanish teacher who literally hates me...she Posted by sophhear in Viva the pirate child | Feb 6, 2013
- Saraguro Despite the fact that Kristen and I left the house only yesterday...it feels like I have been to another country and back...in other words we are outrageously exhausted and thankful to be back here in Cuenca. We awoke late, a Posted by sophhear in Viva the pirate child | Feb 3, 2013
- ¡Cuy!We took the plunge today. We have now entered the ranks of those who eat small, cute, furry mammals. Our house-host María suggested Tres Estrellas (Three Stars) as the best restaurant nearby to get cuy, and made reservations Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 3, 2013
- Parcoloma (an indigenous small town)At 9am outside our door we met the guide and driver and made the 40 minute drive to Parcoloma, a small village of indigenous peoples. History books mention that the Spanish conquerors in Peru and Ecuador encountered the Incan Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 3, 2013
- The best restaurant in Cuenca!Fri. Feb 1
This evening we went to Tiesto’s Restaurant - the place rated #1 out of 115 restaurants in Cuenca (on tripadvisor.com). When we first sat down the server brought bread plus eight small bowls of “dipping sauces” of Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Feb 1, 2013
- Not quite the beginning...but better late than never So thanks to Robert and Sharon, our 60 year old adoptive house-mates/parents/guardians/fellow EEUUdians Kristen and I decided to get our act together and start a blog on travellerspoint. We have already been in Ecuador since the 17 of January so Posted by sophhear in Viva the pirate child | Jan 30, 2013
- EcuadorUber Ecuador haben wir vieles gelesen und dachten dass wir mal fur euch ne kleine Zusammenfassung machen.... viel spass :)
Ecuador ist ein kleines Land aber dafür reich in Natur und Kultur. Hier verehrt man die „Pacha Mama“ und der Scharmane Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Jan 19, 2013
- GUAYAQUIL, ECUADOR
We cruised miles into the Guayas River Delta and then took a bus another half hour into Guayaquil, Ecuador's largest city and principal seaport. We received a four-leg Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Jan 30, 2013
- A fairly typical day....María Dolores, our host “mom,” cooked us another wonderful (midday) dinner today. First course was soup with a rich chicken broth, potatoes and add-our-own rice, soft-cheese, and mote (the large corn kernels). The main course was chicken and Posted by camner in Latin America 2013 | Jan 30, 2013
- OtavaloWir kommen irgendwie nicht mehr hinterher mit dem bloggen. Man nimmt sich immer vor "heute abend werde ich mich brav vor den computer setzen und die ereignisse der letzten 2 wochen hoch laden" aber dann kommt immer was dazwischen, manchmal Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Jan 18, 2013
Hahnenkampf ist in Ecuador ne grosse sache. Jenden samstag abend kommen die manner mit ihren gockeln. Bis zu 250$ kann ein kampf wert sein. Hier in Otavalo wurde extra eine Arena fur die kampfe Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Jan 18, 2013
- MANTA, ECUADOR
We are in Manta, so near the equator! This major port along Ecuador's central coast calls itself the Tuna Capital of the World.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Jan 29, 2013