- Cuenca to QuitoToday we flew from Cuenca to the capital city of Ecuador, Quito. We drove around the old part of the city before we headed to our hotel.
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- CuencaToday, we went to see the Panama Hat Factory. It was very interesting learning about how they make the hats. They weave them with thick straw and then paint them with a special hat tool in different colors. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- CuencaToday, we took a tour of the city. We went in the cathedral, a couple of other churches and a lookout point to see a view of the city. We saw some traditional dancers on the way too. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- Riobamba to CuencaToday we drove (again!) to Cuenca. We passed through two little towns, one which was famous for its fruit-flavored ice cream and one which is famous for making jeans. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- Baños to Riobamba Today we drove from Baños to Riobamba. On the way out of Baños, we stopped to do the one kilometer zipline! Mom and Dad made it down okay, but I was too light and got stuck in the Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- BañosToday, we explored the town of Baños. We went to mass at the little church there, and ate at one of the local restaurants for lunch. After lunch, we took a hike to the Devil's Hole Waterfall. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- BañosToday, we stayed at the hotel in Baños. We swam in the pool and relaxed in the hot tubs.
This is Flat Kate who came on our trip with us.
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- Cusco to Baños, EcuadorToday we flew from Cusco to the vacation town of Baños, Ecuador. Baños is a cute town with plenty of activities to do. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Dec 12, 2012
- The country of contrastsIf you enter the word 'Ecuador' into your web browser, you will probably encounter many breathtaking pictures. Yes, it is true. This country is certainly breathtaking and incredible. But by this first click you will probably not reveal the contrasting Posted by Ef in Tranquilo, we are in Ecuador | Dec 10, 2012
- Exploring Guayaquil After a very nauseating 5 hr bus ride through winding mountainous roads, Danny and I finally arrived in Guayaquil!
Once we arrived at my aunt's and got settled in, she proceeded to give us very specific instructions on where Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Dec 4, 2012
- I Heart Baños... not the bathroom but the town :)After Danny and I got our asses kicked by Cotopaxi, we hauled ass out of Latacunga and made our way to Baños, a small touristy town located 2 hrs south of Latacunga. It is mostly known for its thermal Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Dec 1, 2012
- Climbing Cotopaxi a.k.a Broke-my-back MountainWhen Christine and I first decided to travel to Ecuador, one of my must-see destinations was Cotopaxi (5897m / 19347ft). I was always intrigued by Cotopaxi because it's the 3rd highest active volcano in the world, and the mountain Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 30, 2012
- Uniqueness of a momentBesides the rules mentioned in the previous entry, Ecuador can catch one´s heart with plenty of breathtaking moments. The last two weeks I absorbed many of them and right now I would like to share a small part of them Posted by Ef in Tranquilo, we are in Ecuador | Nov 30, 2012
- day 79We spent a few days in Atacames doing nothing but hanging out by the beach, eating ceviche, and wandering along the beach/bars at night. It was a lot of fun, really relaxing. Our next stop was Canoa, we Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Nov 28, 2012
- Galapagos Islands
===The Initial Experience===
So as with most popular tourist destinations and schedules, my trip to the Galapagos Islands of Ecuador had its ups and downs. For starters, e Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Nov 27, 2012
- Quito: Weeks 3 and 4
So as I’ve been living in the same house and going to the same school every day, I seem to have fewer comments in my last fortnight compared with during the first Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Nov 24, 2012
- David Attenbourough ain't got nothing on us (i wish...)
After two full days on buses, we finally arrived to Riobamba, Ecuador. We met up with the Austrians Hansi, Lukas, and Alex for our last hurrah. We had plans to climb Mt. Chimborazo and do some other trekking, Posted by In Cahoots in A Twain's Lark | Nov 22, 2012
- Summiting Rucu Pichincha!One of the main attractions in Quito is the Teleferico - the cable car that goes up Volcan Pichincha. It starts at a base of 2,950m/9,680 ft and reaches a height of 4,100m/13,451ft in 8-10 mins (Ecuadorian time, which Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 21, 2012
- La Mitad del Mundo: the Middle of the WorldImmediately after our trip to Otavalo, Christine and I went to the Mitad del Mundo: the Middle of the World. This is the place where French Explorer Charles-Marie de La Condamine calculated and determined the equatorial line to be. Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 19, 2012
- Ecuador - GuayaquilWe only had a day stop over in Guayaquil, a big city near the coast in Ecuador, on our way back from the Galapagos Islands. At sea level, Guayaquil is a lot warmer than most other plaes in Ecuador, and Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Nov 6, 2012
- The Stunning Cuicocha LakeAs part of the side trip to Otavalo from Quito, Danny and I visited Cuicocha Lake (which was less than an hour from Otavalo). We were told to take a bus towards Cotacachi Village, get off at Quiroga and Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 18, 2012
- Shopping in OtavaloAs a side trip from Quito, Danny and I decided to head to Otavalo for the famous Saturday Market. We didn't decide on this until Friday night, which meant we would not make it to Otavalo in time for Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 18, 2012
- First stop - QuitoAfter a relatively smooth flight from Toronto (with a short layover in Bogota, Colombia), we finally arrived at our very first destination - Quito, Ecuador! Before we left for the trip, we debated whether to stay in New Town Posted by TravellingFries in Small Fries, Big Travels | Nov 18, 2012
- day 68The bus ride to lima suckeddddd. It was about 21 hours total. We picked the front 4 seats on the bus because those tend to be the best ones.... of course the one time we actually get them Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Nov 17, 2012
- Ecuador - Galapagos IslandsOk we apoloigise in advance if we start to ramble and sound like a bird watcher dressed in khaki, but after a trip to the enchanting Galapagos archipelago we guarantee you'll be doing the same. The Galapagos consists of a Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Nov 5, 2012