- Singing in QuitoWe flew from Cusco to Lima to Quito on Thursday. That was fairly painless, but a three-hour journey on public buses to get from the airport to our hotel made us pretty tired. We had another early night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/14l Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 17, 2015
- Melbourne to Santiago and on to Quito===Day One===
We arrived at about midday at Santiago: It was chilly in Chile with the temperature being 6 degrees.
That afte Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 17, 2015
- Gliding Around After Staying in the JungleWe left Quito bound for Tena and the Amazon jungle. We had a six hour bus trip with our new tour group. We arrived in Tena and with the heat and humidity I instantly felt faint and like I was Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 4, 2015
- Discovering Animals like Charles DarwinOur flight to Galapagos seemed to take forever! We left Quito and touched down in a city of Guayaquil before continuing on. Getting off the plane I was instantly surprised about the terrain; when I thought of the Galapagos I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2015
- Gas Masks in the AltitudeWe were sad to be leaving Colombia. It is an amazing and diverse country. We really haven't seen the full extent that it has to offer and already are planning to go back.
Our next Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 22, 2015
- Ecuador ☆♡BLUE FOOTED BOOBIES ♡☆Puerto LopezAfter 5 hours on the bus we get to Puerto Lopez, I jump into a "motor taxi" basically what you would call a tuktuk in thailand. It cost me $1 to get to the hostel, I felt guilty it was Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Montanita for most people party town, for me yoga town!So Holly and I check out of the hostal and head to the bus station on a motor taxi.
We jump on a bus to Montanita, it's a few hours long and it was mentally busy. People on Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 6, 2015
- Ecuador.... Guayaquil - don't bother going! So on the plane I sit next to elbows megee. She did my head in. I was tired and hungover and not in the mood to be elbowed. I smiled and laughed along, through gritted teeth. She then asked me Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Otavalo Indian MarketThe Otavalo Market, which makes this market town famous, is undoubtedly one of the m Posted by Edwinhhh in Otavalo Indian Market | Aug 27, 2015
Ecuador was a great trip that had too may highlights: reuniting with my girlfriends from home, being apart of my best friends wedding and travelling solo to Galapagos Islands!
Travel from Calgary to Quito was a looong day! I Posted by ohansn in Liv travels here, there, and everywhere | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 16: Tuesday 21st July - CuencaWe only had one day in Cuenca and wasn't very much to do activity wise, so Harrold took us on a city tour. There are a few inca ruins around the town, so we stopped by the while he explained Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 20, 2015
- Day 15: Monday 20th July - Baños to CuencaSo up and packed ourselves up again ready for our 9am bus to Cuenca. This one was 9 hours in a private bus with 1 stop for lunch along the way. So we got ready had a big breakfast before Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 19, 2015
- Day 14: Sunday 19th July - Baños Izzy and I woke a little under the weather and rather tired after our night, so we went down to the restaurant and had a decent breakfast before our big day out.
We were getting picked up from the hotel Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 18, 2015
- Day 13: Saturday 18th July - Homestay to Tena to Banos Didn't do much today. Woke up had some cold showers before packing up all of our stuff and heading down to our final breakfast. Then said our goodbyes and thank you's and gave them our gifts we brought in the Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 17, 2015
- Day 12: Friday 17th July - Amazon HomestayWoke up for another yummy breakfast then got ready for a cascade walk. After a can of mossie spray and sun block etc, we set off on our trek through the jungle. The scenery was beautiful (reminiscent of our backyard/river Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 16, 2015
- Day 11: Thursday 16th July - Amazon HomestayWe got up early in the morning for our first home cooked breakfast in the Amazon. Breakfast was served at 8am every morning and always came with fresh juice from local produce; papaya, banana, etc. And maybe some fresh fruit; Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 15, 2015
- Day 10: Wed 15th July - Quito to Tena to Pimpilaya, EcuadorWoke up early so we could have breakfast and pack, as the bus left from the hotel at 8.30am to take us to the Quito bus station, to catch our connecting bus to Tena. After grabbing our a few snacks Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 14, 2015
- Day 9: Tuesday 14th July - Quito, EcuadorWoke up in a new city to explore Quito, Ecuador. We didn't have to meet up with our tour until 7pm so we had time to kill. Firstly got up and had a really nice shower and blow dried my Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 8: Monday 13th July - Santiago, Chile - Quito, EcuadorWoke up this morning and packed our bags ready to move on again. Had to check out of our room by 11am but weren't needing to leave until till 2pm, so we sat in the communal area with a desktop Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 12, 2015
- Paradise LostIn den frühen Morgenstunden des 2. Juni wurden wir von unserem Tour-Operator im Casa Helbling abgeholt. Der alte Flughafen Quitos ist seit zwei Jahren ausser Betrieb, weil er mit grossen Maschinen nicht angeflogen werden konnte. Der neue Flughafen befinde Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Jul 4, 2015
- Brought down by a microscopic foe!Throughout our travels we have each struggled occasionally with an upset stomach or some other temporary unpleasantness. But never have the three of us all been violently sick at the same time...until now. We are contributing this event Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 24, 2015
- QuitoNach einer langen Anreise kamen wir morgens um drei in der Hauptstadt Ecuadors an, wo wir zum Glück immer noch problemlos in unser Hostal einchecken konnten. Dieses Mal vertrauten wir auf einen Tipp unserer Weltenbummlerfreunde A. und Ch. aus E., Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Jun 21, 2015
- Escaping GuayaquilYesterday's journey started off great with the most beautiful scenery through stunning mountains. We drove through Parque Nacional El Cajas and saw wild llamas all over the hillsides. We had to go super slow because our car, which Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 16, 2015
- Adios Cuenca!We have enjoyed having a great apartment for a few days and Cuenca turned out to be a pretty pleasant city, especially when the sun came out for awhile. Tomorrow we move on. We're going to look for Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 14, 2015
- Score!We arrived in Cuenca after a marathon drive on the twistiest mountain road. We managed to make contact with the super nice guy we found on AirBnB thanks to a McDonald's with wifi. He showed up and took Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 12, 2015