- Stop Me and Buy One in CuencaWhile most Ecuadorians seem to be quite well heeled many earn a meagre living as street traders. There are, of course, numerous markets where women in traditional dress sell all manner of goods as they have done for generations. But Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 8, 2015
- Our View of the AndesThe Andes stretch the full length of South America and we have yet to reach the higher elevations. However, for the past few days we’ve been on a rollercoaster ride through some spectacular mountain scenery. Unfortunately, photographs simply fail to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 7, 2015
- Tungurahua - Lost in the Clouds?Following our lonely ‘expedition’ deep into the Amazon jungle we have climbed a tortuous route back into the high Andes and we realise that anyone reading this sentence might think that our travels are both dangerous and exhausting. Nothing could Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 5, 2015
- Amazing AmazoniaOnce the the road from Quito has crested the 13,000 ft summit of Papallacta Pass it barely pauses for breath as it snakes down the precipitous eastern face of the Andes to the steamy jungles of Amazonia. The three hour Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 3, 2015
- Equador and into Colombia!In the morning we all brought our bags down and lined up expectantly outside Moose, our home for the next few months. The sun shone for the first time in days, (yep a perfect time to go up the volcano Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Equador - QuitoAfter the beauty of the Galapagos we found ourselves, once more, in the drizzly, altitude challenged, city of Quito.
Determined to perk ourselves up, we Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Quito in the Sun
Quito is the highest capital in the world and, although its suburbs actually brush the equator, it occasionally gets a powdering of snow. None of the white stuff for us though. D Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 28, 2015
- GalapagosWe spent Valentine's day and our six month anniversary on the "love boat" Encantada to jumpstart our 10-day boat trip. We toured islands including Baltra, Santa Cruz, Genovesa, Santiago, Bartolome, North Seymour, Daphne, Rabida, Isabela, and Fernandina. Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Feb 25, 2015
- Hiking & Scenery on the Galapagos As we mentioned earlier each day we had a number of choices in terms of the guided activities that we could undertake. It is hard to say what our favourite activity was but hiking around the various islands was up Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 24, 2015
- Ecuador At Last Where to start? I suppose the best place to start is always the beginning, but it feels so far behind us already. The night we arrived at Oscar's parents' house here in Rio Muchacho I Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Feb 24, 2015
- In The OceanAlthough our technology was fairly limited we did have a basic underwater camera with us, an Olympus mid level quality point and shoot that we purchased in St. Thomas three years ago on a previous voyage when we expected to Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 23, 2015
- More Wildlife in the GalapagosHere is another post featuring the wildlife that we got to see in the Galapagos.
[i]A fine example of the Swallow-tailed Gull which is endemic to the Galapagos Islands. This gull is uni Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 23, 2015
- The Wildlife in The Galapagos IslandsFor this section of the blog we thought that rather than describing our daily activities it might be more interesting if we just did a pictorial of the wildlife and limited our narrative to the picture descriptions. We hope you Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 22, 2015
- Daily Life on the XpeditionLife on board the Xpedition follows a well-organized pattern. Each day we have an off-ship morning expedition with 2 options to select from, one fairly strenuous activity and one less strenuous activity. Everyone selects their choice of activity the night Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 18, 2015
- Galapagos IslandsSunday
We were up bright and early (6:00 am) again on Sunday for a quick buffet breakfast at the hotel and boarded our charter buses for the 45 minute ride down the mountain to the 5000 foot level and the new Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 17, 2015
- On Our Way and the City of QuitoSpecial Note: Due to issues with the ship’s satellite system we were off the grid for our first week. Once back on the mainland we continued to experience technical issues. The most significant issue was the instability of the Wi Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 17, 2015
- Quick updateWe began this post about seven hours before boarding a taxi to the Quito airport, and finished it at the airport heading to the Galapagos Islands! We are extremely excited, but travel preparations required us to keep this brief.
In Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Feb 13, 2015
- Northern Peru and EcuadorFirst, an apology and a disclaimer. We are sorry for taking so long between blog posts, but our current strong Wifi connection is the first we've had since Cusco. We also have experienced a problem with the gadget for transferring Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Feb 8, 2015
- Day 17 - Heading homeUp and packing for trip home. We're meeting a family we met here for lunch and then getting to airport early to meet an indigenous family we used to study with. Hopefully we can rekindle their interest in Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 31, 2015
- Day 16 - Last full day in Ecuador, sad and happySad to be leaving Ecuador as we've had a wonderful time!!!! Visiting old friends from the past, the fantastic international assembly, and then finally the beauty and warmth of the jungle. However, we're also excited to see many Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 30, 2015
- Day 15 - A hike in the jungle, beautiful waterfallHeaded out for a hike to waterfalls. It was raining hard in the a.m. when we left so expected a wet and muddy trek. And so it was, following helps to provide idea of hiking conditions.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/404318/large_180_2015012 Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 30, 2015
- Jan 27 – GUAYAQUIL, ECUADOR
This is a good map to get an idea of where we are for two days on the coast of Ecuador, on the west coast of South America.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Jan 28, 2015
- Day 14 - A deluge in the jungle!!!!I woke up feeling better, but Pascale had not slept well so we decided to cancel our hike to waterfalls and lagoon. Turns out it was for the best, about 45 minutes later the rains started, but I don't Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 28, 2015
- Day 13 - Whitewater rafting in the jungles of EcuadorHeaded out about 8:30 a.m. and had a wonderful trip down the Jatunyaku, meaning "Big Water". Decided to take the trip in inflatable kayaks as supposed to be more exciting. Scenery was beautiful!!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/404318/raftin Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 28, 2015
- The Galapagos Islands(See all the photos here. Password is the same as for the blog.)
Having met our travelling companions for the week ahead in Quito, we set off early in the morning to get our flight to the Island of Baltra in Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jan 27, 2015