- The coast with the mostSam
On Saturday we caught the bus down from Cuenca, dropping more than 2500m as we reached coastal Guayaquil. With 2.3 million people, it's Ecuador's biggest city, and has a reputation for being crowded and crime-ridden.
But that's not what Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 26, 2015
- Galapagos 2011 Galapagos
This was a bucket list trip for us. Celebrity has this trip working like a well oiled machine.Loved being on a ship with only 92 pa Once in Quitos everything, tours, hotel, Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Galapagos 2011Bartoloma is a tiny island with a central volcano is the most visited among the islands. Bartolome features a quintessential volcanic landscape with Pinnacle Rock towering. Well worth climbing the 379 steps to reach the top.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Cindygad in Exploring new and old places | Oct 25, 2015
- Quito to Guayaquil via the Spirit of the Andes Tour
Hi everyone, sorry this is so long, but we have been so busy that it has been hard to devote time to this project. The main thing is to look at the lovely photos. Tomorrow we go to the Galapagos Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 24, 2015
- Cuenca-mazingWednesday was fairly dull; we spent most of the day on the bus going through clouds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 23, 2015
- ¿Dónde está el baño?Caroline
For our last day in Quito, we joined Mum, Dad, Jan and Tony for a trip to Otavalo, a town to the north of Quito famous for its market. The market has been going strong since pre-Incan times.
Adriana, our guide, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 20, 2015
- Singing in QuitoWe flew from Cusco to Lima to Quito on Thursday. That was fairly painless, but a three-hour journey on public buses to get from the airport to our hotel made us pretty tired. We had another early night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/14l Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 17, 2015
- Melbourne to Santiago and on to Quito===Day One===
We arrived at about midday at Santiago: It was chilly in Chile with the temperature being 6 degrees.
That afte Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Oct 17, 2015
- Gliding Around After Staying in the JungleWe left Quito bound for Tena and the Amazon jungle. We had a six hour bus trip with our new tour group. We arrived in Tena and with the heat and humidity I instantly felt faint and like I was Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 4, 2015
- Discovering Animals like Charles DarwinOur flight to Galapagos seemed to take forever! We left Quito and touched down in a city of Guayaquil before continuing on. Getting off the plane I was instantly surprised about the terrain; when I thought of the Galapagos I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2015
- Gas Masks in the AltitudeWe were sad to be leaving Colombia. It is an amazing and diverse country. We really haven't seen the full extent that it has to offer and already are planning to go back.
Our next Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 22, 2015
- Ecuador ☆♡BLUE FOOTED BOOBIES ♡☆Puerto LopezAfter 5 hours on the bus we get to Puerto Lopez, I jump into a "motor taxi" basically what you would call a tuktuk in thailand. It cost me $1 to get to the hostel, I felt guilty it was Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Montanita for most people party town, for me yoga town!So Holly and I check out of the hostal and head to the bus station on a motor taxi.
We jump on a bus to Montanita, it's a few hours long and it was mentally busy. People on Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 6, 2015
- Ecuador.... Guayaquil - don't bother going! So on the plane I sit next to elbows megee. She did my head in. I was tired and hungover and not in the mood to be elbowed. I smiled and laughed along, through gritted teeth. She then asked me Posted by gemvinny in South and Central America | Sep 7, 2015
- Otavalo Indian MarketThe Otavalo Market, which makes this market town famous, is undoubtedly one of the m Posted by Edwinhhh in Otavalo Indian Market | Aug 27, 2015
Ecuador was a great trip that had too may highlights: reuniting with my girlfriends from home, being apart of my best friends wedding and travelling solo to Galapagos Islands!
Travel from Calgary to Quito was a looong day! I Posted by ohansn in Liv travels here, there, and everywhere | Aug 18, 2015
- Day 16: Tuesday 21st July - CuencaWe only had one day in Cuenca and wasn't very much to do activity wise, so Harrold took us on a city tour. There are a few inca ruins around the town, so we stopped by the while he explained Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 20, 2015
- Day 15: Monday 20th July - Baños to CuencaSo up and packed ourselves up again ready for our 9am bus to Cuenca. This one was 9 hours in a private bus with 1 stop for lunch along the way. So we got ready had a big breakfast before Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 19, 2015
- Day 14: Sunday 19th July - Baños Izzy and I woke a little under the weather and rather tired after our night, so we went down to the restaurant and had a decent breakfast before our big day out.
We were getting picked up from the hotel Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 18, 2015
- Day 13: Saturday 18th July - Homestay to Tena to Banos Didn't do much today. Woke up had some cold showers before packing up all of our stuff and heading down to our final breakfast. Then said our goodbyes and thank you's and gave them our gifts we brought in the Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 17, 2015
- Day 12: Friday 17th July - Amazon HomestayWoke up for another yummy breakfast then got ready for a cascade walk. After a can of mossie spray and sun block etc, we set off on our trek through the jungle. The scenery was beautiful (reminiscent of our backyard/river Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 16, 2015
- Day 11: Thursday 16th July - Amazon HomestayWe got up early in the morning for our first home cooked breakfast in the Amazon. Breakfast was served at 8am every morning and always came with fresh juice from local produce; papaya, banana, etc. And maybe some fresh fruit; Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 15, 2015
- Day 10: Wed 15th July - Quito to Tena to Pimpilaya, EcuadorWoke up early so we could have breakfast and pack, as the bus left from the hotel at 8.30am to take us to the Quito bus station, to catch our connecting bus to Tena. After grabbing our a few snacks Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 14, 2015
- Day 9: Tuesday 14th July - Quito, EcuadorWoke up in a new city to explore Quito, Ecuador. We didn't have to meet up with our tour until 7pm so we had time to kill. Firstly got up and had a really nice shower and blow dried my Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 8: Monday 13th July - Santiago, Chile - Quito, EcuadorWoke up this morning and packed our bags ready to move on again. Had to check out of our room by 11am but weren't needing to leave until till 2pm, so we sat in the communal area with a desktop Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 12, 2015