- Cuenca and QuitoDay 85 - 91
We spent seven nights here in a two bedroom house that we rented on flip key from John and Barbie from the USA. It was a great week, our last week of the trip. We only Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Apr 6, 2014
- Galapagos Islands Day 77
3:45AM just seemed too early to to go to the airport but off we went. We had to first line up to purchase a $10 Galapagos ticket and then have our luggage scanned and tagged. They want to be Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 23, 2014
- The Canadian Dream.Hey gang,
Is anybody still reading this (other than my mother)? All too soon I'll be back in Canada, and this blog will no longer be relevant. I'm so excited to come home for a Canadian summer. I can't say Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Mar 19, 2014
- The Amazing AmazonDay 70
Quito. We just went to the main square, had lunch and bought a few supplies. We were bagged from yesterday and needed to prepare for tomorrow, so Quito will wait until we get back to explore.
There Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 15, 2014
- Galapagos[float=right][/float]I will make an exception for this time and even it is humid and hot I will write something.
First thing that really surprised us was that instead of 16 people on Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 10, 2014
- Ecuador[float=right][/float]Bienvenidos en Ecuador :D You had a nice break from my writing as it seems that we kind of naturally divided the countries between us - Warm countries for Roman and cold ones Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Feb 26, 2014
- Putting down rootsHola amigos,
As I type this, there is a band of travelling musicians, I'm guessing Chilean or Argentinian by the look of them, playing some really nice latino music. I see them playing almost every time I'm in town, and I'm Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Feb 2, 2014
- EcuadorAfter completing the long boring customs formalites we boarded a bus to Quito. 20 minutes later our bus was stopped by police and everyones' hand luggage was searched for drugs, though ours weren't exactly thoroughly searched more like a quick Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Feb 1, 2014
- Gallivanting around the Galapagos A 3.50am start is never fun but it is made a little easier when it’s because you are about to do an eight day tour of the Galapagos Islands!
We got our flight from Quito to Baltra. Our tour guide Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 25, 2014
- Day 25 Thurs Jan 23rdToday we went for a 2 hour drive into the countryside. We went through dramatic mountain scenery where agave cactus and acacia trees and prickly pair dominated the vegetation. There were huge quarries for sand and stones along the way. Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 23, 2014
- Day 24 Wed 22nd JanThe part of Quito where we are is the old historic section where there are narrow cobblestone streets and old colonial houses with balconies. Our hotel is a colonial building that has been restored to comply with international standards. The Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 23, 2014
- Galapagos IslandsFlying into Baltra all we could see was cactii, lava rocks and what looked like dead bush every where.
[center][img=http://photos Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 20, 2014
- Quito and the middle of the worldSo for the last few days Lisa and I have been exploring some of the attractions of Quito.
On Thursday, we went to Mitad del Mundo which translates to 'the middle of the world'. This was suggested to us by Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 18, 2014
- Manta , Ecuador [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/5D9C69342219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 17, 2014
- 3-0 LisaSo after 5 flights and a taxi ride for what totalled just over 30 hours of travel, we finally arrived at our hostel in Quito, Ecuador. So it all started in Melbourne just after we passed through security, Lisa was Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 11, 2014
- Feliz Año!Feliz Navidad!
Hope you all had a merry one. Personally, I've decided to leave Christmas in Canada and celebrate Navidad here in Ecuador. I say I decided it, but really I had no choice in the matter. Christmas Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Jan 5, 2014
- 2012 B5 STAR PRINCESS - MACHU PICHU - GETTING AWAYMACHU PICHU BACK TO THE HOTEL BY TRAIN WAS MOSTLY AT NIGHT. A BIT OF A LET DOWN, BUT WE HAD SEEN IT ON THE WAY THERE.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- The last Ecuador adventure...The final fun activity in Ecuador got me high as I'd ever been - to base came at Cotopaxi.
We jumped on a bus to Quito, but jumped off half-way at the Cotopaxi national park. As we'd hoped, a few cars Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 12, 2013
- Home, sweet home.Hey there friends,
So after four 8-hour buses, two 2.5-hour buses, three 1-hour buses, and one 1-hour taxi, mom is back in Canada and I'm back on the coast. Her trip was a ten day whirlwind, but I was very glad Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Nov 29, 2013
- Hiking the Quilotoa LoopNote to self: when deciding to do a trek at almost 4,000 metres, research properly - sometimes the first option is not the easiest...
At least that was our experience when we decided the Quilotoa Loop in Ecuador looked like a Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 21, 2013
- Jungla AmazónicaA tour into the Amazon Jungle wasn't adventurous enough - it was time for Jack to put his Spanish skills to the test and get us in without a guide.
From Quito we travelled to Tena, arriving around 1am in Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 19, 2013
- Vamos a PululahuaOnce you hear about a volcano crater in which people live, you can't not pay it a visit.
I was imagining your typical volcano, and not comprehending how people could manage to live there - something resembling mines with roads Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Nov 12, 2013
- Cuenca and aroundFurther south by bus once more we passed through the Andes to reach Cuenca, the third largest city in Ecuador (with a population of 400,000).
We spent a day wandering the ancient streets, sitting by the river and basking in the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 10, 2013
- BanosWe traveled South from Quito to Banos, a small town at the foot of a volcano and surrounded by rain forest making it an idyllic location with spectacular views.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 10, 2013
- Quito and QuilotoaQuito is the second highest capital in the world at 2800m and is split into an old own and the new town. We stayed in the new town, where most of the restaurants and bars are located. We spent Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 3, 2013