- Paradise LostIn den frühen Morgenstunden des 2. Juni wurden wir von unserem Tour-Operator im Casa Helbling abgeholt. Der alte Flughafen Quitos ist seit zwei Jahren ausser Betrieb, weil er mit grossen Maschinen nicht angeflogen werden konnte. Der neue Flughafen befinde Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Jul 4, 2015
- Brought down by a microscopic foe!Throughout our travels we have each struggled occasionally with an upset stomach or some other temporary unpleasantness. But never have the three of us all been violently sick at the same time...until now. We are contributing this event Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 24, 2015
- QuitoNach einer langen Anreise kamen wir morgens um drei in der Hauptstadt Ecuadors an, wo wir zum Glück immer noch problemlos in unser Hostal einchecken konnten. Dieses Mal vertrauten wir auf einen Tipp unserer Weltenbummlerfreunde A. und Ch. aus E., Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Jun 21, 2015
- Escaping GuayaquilYesterday's journey started off great with the most beautiful scenery through stunning mountains. We drove through Parque Nacional El Cajas and saw wild llamas all over the hillsides. We had to go super slow because our car, which Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 16, 2015
- Adios Cuenca!We have enjoyed having a great apartment for a few days and Cuenca turned out to be a pretty pleasant city, especially when the sun came out for awhile. Tomorrow we move on. We're going to look for Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 14, 2015
- Score!We arrived in Cuenca after a marathon drive on the twistiest mountain road. We managed to make contact with the super nice guy we found on AirBnB thanks to a McDonald's with wifi. He showed up and took Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 12, 2015
- Chasing WaterfallsAfter a couple of days in the hills above the town we decided to spend two nights in Banos. We had a craving for pizza and a hot shower. We splurged a little with the La Floresta Hotel, Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 11, 2015
- On the Road!So we took a taxi back to the airport in Quito to pick up our rental car. I’m really glad we didn’t pick it up right when we arrived. Navigating the traffic and narrow streets ourselves would not Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 10, 2015
- At what point do you heed a warning?There is a point above this city called El Panecillo. It is topped by an impressive statue and is a popular viewpoint. The guidebooks say that the neighborhoods at the base of the hill are not safe to Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 7, 2015
- The wandering has begun!
Ready for my five weeks!
After traveling all night, and sitting through a lightening storm on the runway in Panama for an hour and a half in a full plane waitin Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 6, 2015
- Goin' to Galapagos without being old and rich? Start is now on my second day on Isla Santa Cruz (The infatigable) on the Galapagos. As said beofre, I had booked a snorkel-trip to the island of Pinzon. I paid a lot, but the island is only open since Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | Jun 6, 2015
- A Little Later Than Planned...Wow, what happened to last year? I wish I had put in some entries from last year's road trip to Vancouver. I guess I just didn't think it felt like a "real" trip since we didn't get on Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | May 28, 2015
- ¿Ecuador the country or the line?Bienvenido to Ecuador¡
After a 7h night-ride from Popayan, I arrived at the boarder in Ipiales, and after a short time a was on a cab to the next bus-terminal in Tulcan (Ecuador) in order to catch a bus to Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 27, 2015
- The North-South DivideDon't worry - I am still alive. I've been quite busy recently and in areas with no wifi hence the delay in posting.
My last entry described my last days in Colombia. I arrived at the Ecuador border crossing at the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Apr 13, 2015
- Galapagos Islands - Wednesday, 25 March 2015Sailed during the night to Seymour North Island. Wake up call at 6.45 am. Breakfast at 7.00 am and the first group went ashore at 8.00 am. Because we were first ashore yesterday, we were one of the last groups Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 3, 2015
- Things I Want to Remember: Ecuador (late entry) I decided to publicly post my list of "things I want to remember" for each destination of my around the world trip and realized that I did not go back and post my list for my Ecuadorian memories. Please excuse Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 29, 2014
- Galapagos Islands - Tuesday, 24 March 2015Slept like a baby last night. The bed is great and the ship was sailing all night which made for a good night's sleep AND we were so tired from our early morning rise the day before.
Our first excursion ashore Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Quito to the Galapagos Islands - Monday, 23 March 2015The alarm went off at 3.45 am (eek!). We had probably had about five hours sleep so that wasn't too bad. This hotel is pretty good. How many hotels do you know that will start breakfast at 4.30 am? Not Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Premier apercu de l'Equateur...Le 2 Aout, nous sautons dans un mototaxi qui nous amène au bureau de Cruz del Sur, d’où notre bus doit partir. Après un léger contretemps, car on voulait nous faire payer un excèdent de bagages, et avoir obtenu gain Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Mar 24, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Sunday, 22 March 2015This morning we left the hotel at 9.30 am for the 45 minute drive to the Equator.
Before we got exactly Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 22, 2015
- Ecuador FarewellThe arid offshore islands of Chile, Peru and Ecuador have been home to countless seabirds for millions of years and each one left behind a little gift for future generations. These little ‘deposits’ accumulated over time until they were the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 22, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Saturday, 21 March 2015What a difference a day makes. Awoke this morning to this!
Met the group at 8.45 this mor Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- The Birds of ParadiseWe’ve had many ‘National Geographic’ moments around the globe but few are quite as memorable as our encounters with the animals that thrive off the nutrient-rich waters surrounding the Galapagos Islands. Charles Darwin may have been disappointed with the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Friday, 20 March 2015[center][/center]
We awoke today to pouring rain, but the good news is that I can now download photos into my blog AND after reading today's paper in Spanish (I hope you're impressed) it seems that yesterday's demonstration went off without Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Thursday, 19 March 2015The weather looked a bit brighter this morning when we woke. There is still a lot of mist and fog covering the mountain but at least the road is dry, which is encouraging. So after breakfast we Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 20, 2015