- galapagos cruise...or muppet show?!?!?!?!?So Tuesday 6 days ago it was finally there...the day that we should start our cruise around the Galapagos Islands. We happily checked out of our hostel room and started waiting around for a day trip that was part of Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Jan 23, 2015
- Day 6 - Part 2 WOW, WOW, WOWAfter suffering the robbery, we got a quick bite to eat and then met the bus for our first program as delegates. We were taken to the Best Western Hotel and about 300-400 delegates were seated in a large Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 22, 2015
- Day 6 - First full day in Quito, EcuadorIt's now Tuesday, January 20th. I'm still very sick but determined not to miss anything. Fanny Sosa ( some of you may know her) and her daughter picked us up and took us to old Quito to walk Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 22, 2015
- Day 4 - VideosFollowing are the promised videos of some of the brothers we served with years ago.
The first is Darwin Cuamacaus who you will see is very funny, but sincere:
Edgar Burbano, a dear brother who has suff Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 21, 2015
- Northern Ecuador Second day into Ecuador and the Jet leg is finally dissipating . The Clouds are socked in but the local sights are very interesting. So far this is defiantly the cheapest place I have travel to that FOOD is so Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Jan 21, 2015
- Day 5 - Going from Ibarra to QuitoWoke up with a terrible cold!!! Probably from being transported around in the back of a truck in the rain at 9,000 feet the day before. UGH!!
After doing some laundry and packing up we headed to Otavalo which Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 20, 2015
- Day 4 - misc.Evidently dinosaur remains found here so the following:
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 19, 2015
- Day 4 - Part 2Headed to San Gabriel about 5 p.m. First stop was the KH where we used to attend (and sleep in on Saturday nights with our own private showed rigged up in one of the bathrooms. Before returning to Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 19, 2015
- Day 4 - Old friends and lots of tearsWoke up to another beautiful day!!! We had plans to attend the meeting in San Gabriel where we had served in the past. Turns out the congregation now has a group where most of the brothers we know Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 19, 2015
- Day 3, part 2NOTE: I've attached photos on most blogs to provide brief descriptions, but additional photos and higher quality images of those found on the blogs also to the right under photos.
Decided to head out towards Zuleta, a region mostly inhabited Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 19, 2015
- Day 3, woke up to a beautiful day!!!!This is supposed to be the rainy season, but no rain for two months. However, last night we had a big rain storm with thunder, etc. Everything smells nice and fresh now. Some of the nearby Volcanoes Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 18, 2015
- Day 2, first full day in Ibarra, our old stomping groundsToday I'll be brief and just add a few comments to certain photos below.
First, a few shots of the Hosteria where we're staying and some of the scenery here. They grow their own coffee (you will see a few Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 16, 2015
- We're hereArrived in Quito at 11:30 a.m. today after one of the worst flights ever. Nothing happened, just seats were very uncomfortable. I think I could learn to hate flying!!!! Even though the official welcome program at the Posted by dypphelan in David y Pascale - Ecuador 2015 | Jan 15, 2015
- it must be Paradise...Galapagos IslandsAls wir vor knapp 5 Monaten aus Bolivien Hals über Kopf zurück nach Hause geflogen sind, hätte ich nie gedacht, dass wir jetzt hier sein würden. Der Gedanke, wieder so weit weg von zu hause zu sein schien unerträglich und Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Jan 11, 2015
- Quito - Ecuador28th December
After flying back to Guayaquil I retrieve my bag and take another flight straight to Quito where I am met at the airport by Pedro, the taxi driver sent by my hostel, and who gives me a kiss. Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 4, 2015
- The Galapgos Island - Part 2Isabela Island
A 2 hour journey crammed on a speed boat is not a great way to travel but it is the only way to get to Isabela Island which is my next destination.
Isabela Island - it is the largest island Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 2, 2015
- The Galápagos Islands - part 120th December
I leave Cuenca for the 4 hour bus journey to Gayaquil where I am flying to the Galápagos Islands for Xmas but after 1 hour, the bus breaks down and we wait another hour for a spare bus to Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 30, 2014
- Bye bye Peru, Hello EcuadorI have not updated the blog for a few days as I have basically been taking it easy in Mancora, a beach resort mainly known for its great waves for surfing.
Mancora - 11th to 16th December
After Machu Piccu and Lima Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 19, 2014
- Ecuador The arrival of my mum marked an abrupt transition from being essentially a travelling bum to being on vacation. Comfy beds, pre-organized trips, and meals worth more than $3 were a few of the Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Dec 11, 2014
- Lost in EcuadorTravelling, is a venture of extremes, both of nature and emotion. It is a chance to see the world; the earth’s driest dessert, the highest navigable lake, the best seafood markets and the most revered temples. It is also a Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Nov 21, 2014
- One day in Quito==Enjoyed== these days and nights to its fullest! Posted by buddE13 in SouthAmerica | Nov 2, 2014
- Das Leben ist wie eine Schachtel Pralinen......man weiẞ nie was man kriegt! Ihr könnt euch nicht vorstellen, wie sich mein Leben hier verändert hat! Erstmal tut es mir so Leid, dass ich mich so lange bei keinem gemeldet habe. Ich habe im Moment wirklich kaum Zeit...ich Posted by Jennyswaves in followthesun | Nov 2, 2014
- Galapagos Islands & Impressions of Ecuador
==Galapagos Islands, Ecuador==
The Galápagos Islands are volcanic islands distributed on either side of the Equator in the Pacific Ocean 575 miles west of continental Ecuador. The Posted by janejoe in Ecuador, Mainland & Galapagos Islands | Nov 2, 2014
- 'Letters From The Amazon' Audio Story Book Episode Six
[float=left][b]“There's something about saying the word 'jungle' which immediately invites the thoughts of danger and intense curiosity: a secret Utopia which only the boldes Posted by SalBolton82 in Letters From The Amazon | Oct 27, 2014
- Cuenca to Guayaquil
We arrived in Cuenca,, another UNESCO world heritage city, and settled in for three nights at a lovely traditional hotel (former house) called Mansion Alcazar. From the Posted by janejoe in Ecuador, Mainland & Galapagos Islands | Oct 21, 2014