- On the Road!So we took a taxi back to the airport in Quito to pick up our rental car. I’m really glad we didn’t pick it up right when we arrived. Navigating the traffic and narrow streets ourselves would not Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 10, 2015
- At what point do you heed a warning?There is a point above this city called El Panecillo. It is topped by an impressive statue and is a popular viewpoint. The guidebooks say that the neighborhoods at the base of the hill are not safe to Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 7, 2015
- The wandering has begun!
Ready for my five weeks!
After traveling all night, and sitting through a lightening storm on the runway in Panama for an hour and a half in a full plane waitin Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 6, 2015
- Goin' to Galapagos without being old and rich? Start is now on my second day on Isla Santa Cruz (The infatigable) on the Galapagos. As said beofre, I had booked a snorkel-trip to the island of Pinzon. I paid a lot, but the island is only open since Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | Jun 6, 2015
- A Little Later Than Planned...Wow, what happened to last year? I wish I had put in some entries from last year's road trip to Vancouver. I guess I just didn't think it felt like a "real" trip since we didn't get on Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | May 28, 2015
- ¿Ecuador the country or the line?Bienvenido to Ecuador¡
After a 7h night-ride from Popayan, I arrived at the boarder in Ipiales, and after a short time a was on a cab to the next bus-terminal in Tulcan (Ecuador) in order to catch a bus to Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 27, 2015
- The North-South DivideDon't worry - I am still alive. I've been quite busy recently and in areas with no wifi hence the delay in posting.
My last entry described my last days in Colombia. I arrived at the Ecuador border crossing at the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Apr 13, 2015
- Galapagos Islands - Wednesday, 25 March 2015Sailed during the night to Seymour North Island. Wake up call at 6.45 am. Breakfast at 7.00 am and the first group went ashore at 8.00 am. Because we were first ashore yesterday, we were one of the last groups Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 3, 2015
- Things I Want to Remember: Ecuador (late entry) I decided to publicly post my list of "things I want to remember" for each destination of my around the world trip and realized that I did not go back and post my list for my Ecuadorian memories. Please excuse Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 29, 2014
- Galapagos Islands - Tuesday, 24 March 2015Slept like a baby last night. The bed is great and the ship was sailing all night which made for a good night's sleep AND we were so tired from our early morning rise the day before.
Our first excursion ashore Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Quito to the Galapagos Islands - Monday, 23 March 2015The alarm went off at 3.45 am (eek!). We had probably had about five hours sleep so that wasn't too bad. This hotel is pretty good. How many hotels do you know that will start breakfast at 4.30 am? Not Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Premier apercu de l'Equateur...Le 2 Aout, nous sautons dans un mototaxi qui nous amène au bureau de Cruz del Sur, d’où notre bus doit partir. Après un léger contretemps, car on voulait nous faire payer un excèdent de bagages, et avoir obtenu gain Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Mar 24, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Sunday, 22 March 2015This morning we left the hotel at 9.30 am for the 45 minute drive to the Equator.
Before we got exactly Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 22, 2015
- Ecuador FarewellThe arid offshore islands of Chile, Peru and Ecuador have been home to countless seabirds for millions of years and each one left behind a little gift for future generations. These little ‘deposits’ accumulated over time until they were the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 22, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Saturday, 21 March 2015What a difference a day makes. Awoke this morning to this!
Met the group at 8.45 this mor Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- The Birds of ParadiseWe’ve had many ‘National Geographic’ moments around the globe but few are quite as memorable as our encounters with the animals that thrive off the nutrient-rich waters surrounding the Galapagos Islands. Charles Darwin may have been disappointed with the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Friday, 20 March 2015[center][/center]
We awoke today to pouring rain, but the good news is that I can now download photos into my blog AND after reading today's paper in Spanish (I hope you're impressed) it seems that yesterday's demonstration went off without Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Thursday, 19 March 2015The weather looked a bit brighter this morning when we woke. There is still a lot of mist and fog covering the mountain but at least the road is dry, which is encouraging. So after breakfast we Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 20, 2015
- Galapagos -The Enchanted Islands[i]As much as we enjoy describing our experiences in our own style we have decided that this blog would best be written by the Englishman who first revealed the mysteries of the Galapagos islands to the world. These then are Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 19, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Wednesday, 18 March 2015We had a pretty good night's sleep and awoke to cold, fog and rain. Very disappointing as we were hoping to have a view of the mountains surrounding Quito. We went down for breakfast to a lovely room Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 19, 2015
- Swimming with the SharksOur Canadian home overlooks the ocean and we often enthuse about the aquatic life we view from our windows. But here, in the warm equatorial waters surrounding the Galapagos islands, a few hundred seals and sea lions, or an occasional Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 18, 2015
- Pretty PosersWe haven’t posed a conundrum for awhile so here’s today’s question. Where on earth are we now?
The beach babes here are so hot that ancient mariners once thought they were mermaids. T Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 16, 2015
- The Snows of CotopaxiCotopaxi in Ecuador is the world’s highest active volcano at nearly 20,000 feet and its permanently snow capped peak is rarely glimpsed through the persistent clouds. But we were lucky…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/large_CFDC23CD03FD32D8 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 13, 2015
- On the Other Side of The AndesFrom the summit of Cajas National Park at 13,000 feet it’s downhill all the way to the Pacific coastal plain and after a week of constantly climbing into the high Andes we were expecting an easy run with spectacular views. Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 12, 2015
- The Glory of it AllTruly, our life here is glorious. On Friday Oscar took me to "El Barquito" (the little ship), the private beach in Rosario, a community nearby. Don't ask me why it's called that. Maybe it has something to do with the Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Mar 12, 2015