- Arrival in Quito, Ecuador After a touch and go whether I'd get to Santiago at all, I ended up in business class. That was never going to happen up to Quito, but still got here ok, even though abit shattered last night. If you Posted by GaryFray in Our Adventures | Jun 26, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Isabella Island, EcuadorThe inter-island water taxi ride:
- 20 passengers plus luggage
- The captain handed us our life jackets and wished us good luck!
- Lots of happy faces to start with...
- Small boat, big waves...
- 1 hour later lots of less happy faces...
- Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 21, 2014
- Cuenca ends our Ecuador adventureCuenca was absolutely beautiful, and we'd go so far as to say it's the most beautiful city we've been to on this trip yet.
It was a long 8 hour bus ride to get there from Baños, but this time we Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 19, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 5 of 5)Day 5 itinerary
Early bird, but still half asleep Amanda was enjoying her first cup of tea, chatting to our guide on deck, when mid conversation he nonchalantly pointe Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 15, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 4 of 5)Day 4 itinerary
First up, off to Sombrero Chino Island (shape = name)
On the wa Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 3 of 5)Day 3 itinerary
First excursion was to Sullivan Bay to see the wildlife and some amazing lava formations
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/F8B0B4772219AC6 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 14, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 2 of 5)Day 2 itinerary
The Galápagos Islands are so unique. Only 3% of the islands are accessed by humans. The remainder is National Park. Tours and tourist numbers are restr Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador (Day 1 of 5)[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands|About the Galápagos Islands]]
Day 1: Arrived on Baltra Island in the Galapagos and transferred to Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/C31FAEF92219AC6817D49D29 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Santiago via Argentina to Guayaquil, EcuadorCrossing the Andes before entering Ecuadorean airspace
Our next stop was a lovely fishing and beach town south west of Guayaquil, called Playas. 2.5 days of R&R
and s Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Jun 13, 2014
- Ah Baños, just the tonic we neededThe town of Baños (not to be confused with baños - the Spanish word for toilet) was a gorgeous little place in a stunning setting, nestled deep within looming hills and volcanoes. The nearby towering Tungurahua (meaning throat of fire) Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 12, 2014
- The night we got robbedBefore I recount what happened to us I just wanted to say that some of it may seem implausible, but I can assure you that the following is a true story.
In our 8.5 months away, it was only our second Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 11, 2014
- Welcome to the jungleEffing bloody Quito. Here you are again for a fourth time!!!
We had to return because our night bus left the city at 11pm to Lago Agrio, where we were picking up our tour to Amazonia. This left us with 10 Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 9, 2014
- Not your average birthday - Otavalo market daySo leaving Mindo meant, yup... back to Quito. This place is starting to have a vice-like grip on us. The problem being it's central to everything and we have to keep returning there to take onward travel to the next Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 8, 2014
- Condors, Volcano's & the highlight of my ecuadorian adventurOur next adventure began very early on the 21st March. We headed to the bus station, in the pouring rain, in the back of a truck type vehicle. The truck wasn’t enclosed so we all got a little bit wet Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Jun 2, 2014
- Final Day in Quito!August 15th
This morning I woke up very early because I wanted to go to the Telefrico (cable car) and it is best to go early before the clouds start to come in. I had breakfast in the hotel and it Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 15, 2014
- First Day in QuitoAugust 14th
Today was my first official day in Quito. I visited the Old Town, it was built centuries ago by indigenous artisans and laborers. It’s a bustling area, full of telling street vendors, ambling pedestrians, beeping taxis and buses, Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 14, 2014
- Quito, EcuadorAugust 13th
It is currently 10pm in Quito, Ecuador, I arrived at my hotel about an hour or so ago. I left Bogota last night at 9pm, so it was a 24hr bus ride. I’m so thankful the person next Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 13, 2014
- Quito (the return) and MindoNeither of us were relishing the thought of heading back to Quito, but we had little choice to stay there as our flight back from the Galapagos landed late afternoon.
So we resigned ourselves to another night in the noisy Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 29, 2014
- Galapagos Part 2014 II
[img=http:/ Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | May 29, 2014
- You know you're a traveller when you...... have to think twice about which country you're in before remembering if you can throw paper down the toilet
... regularly wake up thinking 'where the hell am I?'
... learn to say 'hello', 'goodbye', 'please', 'thank you' and 'sorry' in Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 27, 2014
We woke up and left Latacunga early, tempted by the prospect of getting into the spa hotel we had booked in Baños for our 1st wedding anniversary. On the way to the bus stop, we attempted to find our favourite Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | May 27, 2014
- Waterfalls, superman and the devils nose! Baños is a small town in the central highlands of Ecuador. On first impressions it was a nice place, people seemed friendly and there appeared to be a bit of life here. It's a popular destination with both local and Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- Amazonian adventures Saturday 15th March started with yet more exciting baby news. My friend Nicola had also finally given birth to a baby boy. Oliver arrived 2 weeks late but I was over the moon he arrived safely. His arrival also marked Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- The South American adventure continues: Ecuador Ecuador 13th March - 4th April
I waved goodbye to Peru very early on the 13th after not very much sleep at all. I left for the airport at 6am and arrived at the airport to utter chaos. The weather Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | May 27, 2014
- Galapagos. The most incredible place on the planet? Discuss.Well it has our vote.
Before we set off on our big trip, we both took a blank sheet of paper and separately wrote down our wish list of countries and places to visit. We had a number of paradise Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | May 24, 2014