- Quito to the Galapagos Islands - Monday, 23 March 2015The alarm went off at 3.45 am (eek!). We had probably had about five hours sleep so that wasn't too bad. This hotel is pretty good. How many hotels do you know that will start breakfast at 4.30 am? Not Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Premier apercu de l'Equateur...Le 2 Aout, nous sautons dans un mototaxi qui nous amène au bureau de Cruz del Sur, d’où notre bus doit partir. Après un léger contretemps, car on voulait nous faire payer un excèdent de bagages, et avoir obtenu gain Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Mar 24, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Sunday, 22 March 2015This morning we left the hotel at 9.30 am for the 45 minute drive to the Equator.
Before we got exactly Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 22, 2015
- Ecuador FarewellThe arid offshore islands of Chile, Peru and Ecuador have been home to countless seabirds for millions of years and each one left behind a little gift for future generations. These little ‘deposits’ accumulated over time until they were the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 22, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Saturday, 21 March 2015What a difference a day makes. Awoke this morning to this!
Met the group at 8.45 this mor Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- The Birds of ParadiseWe’ve had many ‘National Geographic’ moments around the globe but few are quite as memorable as our encounters with the animals that thrive off the nutrient-rich waters surrounding the Galapagos Islands. Charles Darwin may have been disappointed with the Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Friday, 20 March 2015[center][/center]
We awoke today to pouring rain, but the good news is that I can now download photos into my blog AND after reading today's paper in Spanish (I hope you're impressed) it seems that yesterday's demonstration went off without Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Mar 21, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Thursday, 19 March 2015The weather looked a bit brighter this morning when we woke. There is still a lot of mist and fog covering the mountain but at least the road is dry, which is encouraging. So after breakfast we Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 20, 2015
- Galapagos -The Enchanted Islands[i]As much as we enjoy describing our experiences in our own style we have decided that this blog would best be written by the Englishman who first revealed the mysteries of the Galapagos islands to the world. These then are Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 19, 2015
- Quito, Ecuador - Wednesday, 18 March 2015We had a pretty good night's sleep and awoke to cold, fog and rain. Very disappointing as we were hoping to have a view of the mountains surrounding Quito. We went down for breakfast to a lovely room Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 19, 2015
- Swimming with the SharksOur Canadian home overlooks the ocean and we often enthuse about the aquatic life we view from our windows. But here, in the warm equatorial waters surrounding the Galapagos islands, a few hundred seals and sea lions, or an occasional Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 18, 2015
- Pretty PosersWe haven’t posed a conundrum for awhile so here’s today’s question. Where on earth are we now?
The beach babes here are so hot that ancient mariners once thought they were mermaids. T Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 16, 2015
- The Snows of CotopaxiCotopaxi in Ecuador is the world’s highest active volcano at nearly 20,000 feet and its permanently snow capped peak is rarely glimpsed through the persistent clouds. But we were lucky…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/large_CFDC23CD03FD32D8 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 13, 2015
- On the Other Side of The AndesFrom the summit of Cajas National Park at 13,000 feet it’s downhill all the way to the Pacific coastal plain and after a week of constantly climbing into the high Andes we were expecting an easy run with spectacular views. Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 12, 2015
- The Glory of it AllTruly, our life here is glorious. On Friday Oscar took me to "El Barquito" (the little ship), the private beach in Rosario, a community nearby. Don't ask me why it's called that. Maybe it has something to do with the Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Mar 12, 2015
- Embracing La Vida de Los CampesinosAs I write this, my house is filled with the smell of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I can safely say without a shadow of a doubt that I am the only person for miles to have ever made oatmeal chocolate Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador | Mar 12, 2015
- Nearing Death in CuencaFor the past five years Ecuador has been rated as the world’s best place for retirement and now we are here we can see why. Cuenca is the Ecuadorean city chosen by most ex-pats in their golden years. The Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 11, 2015
- Stop Me and Buy One in CuencaWhile most Ecuadorians seem to be quite well heeled many earn a meagre living as street traders. There are, of course, numerous markets where women in traditional dress sell all manner of goods as they have done for generations. But Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 8, 2015
- Our View of the AndesThe Andes stretch the full length of South America and we have yet to reach the higher elevations. However, for the past few days we’ve been on a rollercoaster ride through some spectacular mountain scenery. Unfortunately, photographs simply fail to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 7, 2015
- Tungurahua - Lost in the Clouds?Following our lonely ‘expedition’ deep into the Amazon jungle we have climbed a tortuous route back into the high Andes and we realise that anyone reading this sentence might think that our travels are both dangerous and exhausting. Nothing could Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 5, 2015
- Amazing AmazoniaOnce the the road from Quito has crested the 13,000 ft summit of Papallacta Pass it barely pauses for breath as it snakes down the precipitous eastern face of the Andes to the steamy jungles of Amazonia. The three hour Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 3, 2015
- Equador and into Colombia!In the morning we all brought our bags down and lined up expectantly outside Moose, our home for the next few months. The sun shone for the first time in days, (yep a perfect time to go up the volcano Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Equador - QuitoAfter the beauty of the Galapagos we found ourselves, once more, in the drizzly, altitude challenged, city of Quito.
Determined to perk ourselves up, we Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Mar 2, 2015
- Quito in the Sun
Quito is the highest capital in the world and, although its suburbs actually brush the equator, it occasionally gets a powdering of snow. None of the white stuff for us though. D Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Feb 28, 2015
- GalapagosWe spent Valentine's day and our six month anniversary on the "love boat" Encantada to jumpstart our 10-day boat trip. We toured islands including Baltra, Santa Cruz, Genovesa, Santiago, Bartolome, North Seymour, Daphne, Rabida, Isabela, and Fernandina. Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Feb 25, 2015