- Galapagos Part ThreeDay Seven
To Santa Cruz Island, wild giant tortoises, lava caves and kayaking
We took a boat to our final destination in the Galapagos, Santa Cruz island. This is the "economic capital" and busiest town we saw in the Galapagos with lots Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 29, 2013
- Holiday WeekendThis past weekend was a holiday weekend in Ecuador, Gabi in Los Orishas told us Ayampe would be a bit busier with people coming down from the cities for a beach break, after the Spanish lessons on Friday afternoon we Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 26, 2013
- Somos de Escocia - We are from ScotlandMorris Writing
We successfully completed the 1st week of the Spanish lessons, 1 week down 3 to go, its been a good laugh so far and we have both taken in a lot, our teacher Estephanie (not Stephanie like we 1st Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 24, 2013
- Back to SchoolMorris Writing
We started the Spanish Lessons on Monday the 20th of May, 4 hours per day, 5 days per week for 4 weeks in total, should be a laugh, in the short space of time we’ve been here we both Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 21, 2013
- Machalilla National ParkRuth writing
Managed to stay up until 9.30pm on a Saturday night!
Definitely still in the UK time zone, 9.30 here is 3.30am back home, waking several times through the night with lots of cockerels cockadooing away,but hearing the pacific ocean Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 20, 2013
- AyampeMorris Writing
1st nights sleep in Ayampe was not too bad, its nice to be able to hear the sound of the waves crashing off the beach when you’re drifting off to sleep, not so nice to hear a cockerel start Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 19, 2013
- Guayaquil to Ayampe via MontanitaMorris Writing
We were dropped off at Guayaquil’s main bus station by the young lad at Hostal Murali, the journey to the bus station in the car was quite chaotic, a free for all on the road is the best way Posted by RuMo in Bernera/Steinish | May 18, 2013
- Galapagos. Incredible.Day One
Today we flew to Guayaquil, a larger city than Quito and according to general consensus, rather dangerous.
This was Day One in our 10 day Galapagos tour with Row Adventures (though really we had seven full days th Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- To market, to marketFor our last day in Quito before heading to the Galápagos Islands (!) we walked to town in the general direction of the Mariscal markets.
It was a lovely sunny day Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- Tungurahua Volcano in BañosWe were up early again on our last day in Baños and had another nice breakfast and banana milkshake - mmm.
We took a taxi to Bellavista, where we would start our hike to the Tungurahua Volcano which had been Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 13, 2013
- How Not to Intimidate a Cow We decided yesterday morning to stay another night in Baños because it is so great and there is lots to do.
After another delicious breakfast at Casa de Verde we went into town for some supplies then took a taxi Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 4, 2013
- Cascadas EscapadesWhat a great day! La Casa de Verde (Green House) is an awesome eco-lodge right next to the river in Baños. Our room is fantastic - 270 degree views of the mountains surrounding Baños and the river. It has a Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 3, 2013
- Equators, Craters and the Never Ending BusBreakfast was fruit, rolls, eggs and insanely delicious berry jam with fresh berry juice. The staff laugh encouragingly (we assume) when Cal has been ordering cafe con leche which is nice.
We met Tristram, a public servant from Canberra at breakfast Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 3, 2013
- Getting high on Callum's birthday in Quito¡Hola Quito! Quito is the capital of Ecuador and the second highest capital in the world. It is a long, skinny city (50km by 8km) in a valley and has beautiful architecture with lots of plazas, churches and monuments.
We Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 3, 2013
- Quito/Rio and the Galápagos IslandsThis blog starts with the sad news that Marilyn had to return to Australia from Iguazu on the 10th as her Mother was seriously ill. Fortunately, Marilyn was able to get home before her Mum passed away, but is Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | Apr 23, 2013
- QuitoQuito is another stunning mountain city in Ecuador. At 9350 feet, it is the highest capital city in the world. Centro Histórico in Quito, along with Kraków, were the first World Cultural Heritage Sites declared by UNESCO in Posted by ceastburn in Sunny and Cricket's Terruffic Adventure | Apr 21, 2013
- Beautiful BanosJac and I left for Banos on Saturday 13th for 2 nights and 3 days. We didn't know much about Banos before we went, other than it was up in the mountains and the place we were staying at, Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | Apr 16, 2013
- Realities of TravelShortly after the last blog ended, the stomach cramps began. It is not a topic to dwell on, but suffice it to say we had a long journey that was strenuous for both the driver and passenger. We Posted by ceastburn in Sunny and Cricket's Terruffic Adventure | Apr 15, 2013
- Galapogas Islands - Where the Wildlife Gets in the Way:)After leaving La Selva in the morning, a 20 minute canoe, 20 minute walk, and a 2 hour motorised canoe, we found ourselves in Coca. Flight to Quito and we were collected at the airport and did some guided sight-seeing Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | Apr 14, 2013
- The Fellowship is brokenIguazu was where Jac and I, Marilyn and Vicki parted company, if only briefly. Jac and I were in Quito and Banos in Ecuador for 5 days, while M and V had plans for Rio, meeting up again in Quito Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | Apr 14, 2013
- Avoiding boy germs in Puerto Lopez After 6 weeks teaching kids at a school in Ecuador, it was me who learnt the most. I discovered kids who grow up without x-boxes and computers are just as happy as kids who do. I learnt the importance of Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Apr 14, 2013
- Holy cowSo much has happened since I last posted, I can't imagine where to begin. I'll try to sum it up.
Josh and Kate were amazing people to be around, and I will absolutely visit them at their new farm in France Posted by milaina14 in Ecuador 2013 | Apr 14, 2013
- Goodbye La SelvaWe have left La Selva and the Amazon and are waiting for our flight to Quito and on to Galapagos Islands the following day. La Selva was a great lodge in a great spot with some good people. We think Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | Apr 10, 2013
- Piranhas, Sloths and then Two CansFor several hours during and after dinner on our first night in the rainforest, we could see lightning flashes every 15 - 20 seconds across the sky. It wasn't until we were hitting the sack that thunder accompanied the flashes, Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | Apr 8, 2013
- La Selva Lodge - Amazon RainforestToday's adventure started with a 9:00 collection and drop off at Quito airport, for an 11:30 plane to Coca. Some amazing scenery on the way to the airport but our driver was focused on getting us to the airport, not Posted by mljjs in Ando's Andes & Incas | Apr 7, 2013