- Day 14: Sunday 19th July - Baños Izzy and I woke a little under the weather and rather tired after our night, so we went down to the restaurant and had a decent breakfast before our big day out.
We were getting picked up from the hotel Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 18, 2015
- Day 13: Saturday 18th July - Homestay to Tena to Banos Didn't do much today. Woke up had some cold showers before packing up all of our stuff and heading down to our final breakfast. Then said our goodbyes and thank you's and gave them our gifts we brought in the Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 17, 2015
- Day 12: Friday 17th July - Amazon HomestayWoke up for another yummy breakfast then got ready for a cascade walk. After a can of mossie spray and sun block etc, we set off on our trek through the jungle. The scenery was beautiful (reminiscent of our backyard/river Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 16, 2015
- Day 11: Thursday 16th July - Amazon HomestayWe got up early in the morning for our first home cooked breakfast in the Amazon. Breakfast was served at 8am every morning and always came with fresh juice from local produce; papaya, banana, etc. And maybe some fresh fruit; Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 15, 2015
- Day 10: Wed 15th July - Quito to Tena to Pimpilaya, EcuadorWoke up early so we could have breakfast and pack, as the bus left from the hotel at 8.30am to take us to the Quito bus station, to catch our connecting bus to Tena. After grabbing our a few snacks Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 14, 2015
- Day 9: Tuesday 14th July - Quito, EcuadorWoke up in a new city to explore Quito, Ecuador. We didn't have to meet up with our tour until 7pm so we had time to kill. Firstly got up and had a really nice shower and blow dried my Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 8: Monday 13th July - Santiago, Chile - Quito, EcuadorWoke up this morning and packed our bags ready to move on again. Had to check out of our room by 11am but weren't needing to leave until till 2pm, so we sat in the communal area with a desktop Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 12, 2015
- Paradise LostIn den frühen Morgenstunden des 2. Juni wurden wir von unserem Tour-Operator im Casa Helbling abgeholt. Der alte Flughafen Quitos ist seit zwei Jahren ausser Betrieb, weil er mit grossen Maschinen nicht angeflogen werden konnte. Der neue Flughafen befinde Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Jul 4, 2015
- Brought down by a microscopic foe!Throughout our travels we have each struggled occasionally with an upset stomach or some other temporary unpleasantness. But never have the three of us all been violently sick at the same time...until now. We are contributing this event Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 24, 2015
- QuitoNach einer langen Anreise kamen wir morgens um drei in der Hauptstadt Ecuadors an, wo wir zum Glück immer noch problemlos in unser Hostal einchecken konnten. Dieses Mal vertrauten wir auf einen Tipp unserer Weltenbummlerfreunde A. und Ch. aus E., Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Jun 21, 2015
- Escaping GuayaquilYesterday's journey started off great with the most beautiful scenery through stunning mountains. We drove through Parque Nacional El Cajas and saw wild llamas all over the hillsides. We had to go super slow because our car, which Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 16, 2015
- Adios Cuenca!We have enjoyed having a great apartment for a few days and Cuenca turned out to be a pretty pleasant city, especially when the sun came out for awhile. Tomorrow we move on. We're going to look for Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 14, 2015
- Score!We arrived in Cuenca after a marathon drive on the twistiest mountain road. We managed to make contact with the super nice guy we found on AirBnB thanks to a McDonald's with wifi. He showed up and took Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 12, 2015
- Chasing WaterfallsAfter a couple of days in the hills above the town we decided to spend two nights in Banos. We had a craving for pizza and a hot shower. We splurged a little with the La Floresta Hotel, Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 11, 2015
- On the Road!So we took a taxi back to the airport in Quito to pick up our rental car. I’m really glad we didn’t pick it up right when we arrived. Navigating the traffic and narrow streets ourselves would not Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 10, 2015
- At what point do you heed a warning?There is a point above this city called El Panecillo. It is topped by an impressive statue and is a popular viewpoint. The guidebooks say that the neighborhoods at the base of the hill are not safe to Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 7, 2015
- The wandering has begun!
Ready for my five weeks!
After traveling all night, and sitting through a lightening storm on the runway in Panama for an hour and a half in a full plane waitin Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | Jun 6, 2015
- Goin' to Galapagos without being old and rich? Start is now on my second day on Isla Santa Cruz (The infatigable) on the Galapagos. As said beofre, I had booked a snorkel-trip to the island of Pinzon. I paid a lot, but the island is only open since Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | Jun 6, 2015
- A Little Later Than Planned...Wow, what happened to last year? I wish I had put in some entries from last year's road trip to Vancouver. I guess I just didn't think it felt like a "real" trip since we didn't get on Posted by Pelham Family in The Pelham Adventure | May 28, 2015
- ¿Ecuador the country or the line?Bienvenido to Ecuador¡
After a 7h night-ride from Popayan, I arrived at the boarder in Ipiales, and after a short time a was on a cab to the next bus-terminal in Tulcan (Ecuador) in order to catch a bus to Posted by Selmo in Nasigoreng Peng Peng | May 27, 2015
- The North-South DivideDon't worry - I am still alive. I've been quite busy recently and in areas with no wifi hence the delay in posting.
My last entry described my last days in Colombia. I arrived at the Ecuador border crossing at the Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Apr 13, 2015
- Galapagos Islands - Wednesday, 25 March 2015Sailed during the night to Seymour North Island. Wake up call at 6.45 am. Breakfast at 7.00 am and the first group went ashore at 8.00 am. Because we were first ashore yesterday, we were one of the last groups Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 3, 2015
- Things I Want to Remember: Ecuador (late entry) I decided to publicly post my list of "things I want to remember" for each destination of my around the world trip and realized that I did not go back and post my list for my Ecuadorian memories. Please excuse Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 29, 2014
- Galapagos Islands - Tuesday, 24 March 2015Slept like a baby last night. The bed is great and the ship was sailing all night which made for a good night's sleep AND we were so tired from our early morning rise the day before.
Our first excursion ashore Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015
- Quito to the Galapagos Islands - Monday, 23 March 2015The alarm went off at 3.45 am (eek!). We had probably had about five hours sleep so that wasn't too bad. This hotel is pretty good. How many hotels do you know that will start breakfast at 4.30 am? Not Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 1, 2015