- Unforgettable Thebes On the day of my birthday, I was on a Nile Cruise in Egypt. Coming from Aswan the ship had docked in Luxor. As planned, we set out to explore Luxor with our local Egyptian guide and went to Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 13, 2014
- Nile Cruise, Kom Ombo Temple & Edfu Temple
The previous day we checked into the cruise and during the day went to see Aswan’s tourist attractions. Late in the night the cruise began its journey from [b]Aswan to Luxor sailing throu Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 10, 2014
- Philae Temple & other attractions in Aswan
The Philae temple is a beautiful and well preserved temple on an island away from the Aswan city. We took a boat ride to reach this little island. It was dedicated to the Goddess I Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Cairo’s attractions
We started our day by visiting the famous Egyptian Museum early in the morning. The museum is large with over 100 halls filled with artifacts of Pharaonic era covering 5,000 years of hi Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 29, 2014
- From Step Pyramid to the Great Pyramids!
In Ancient Egypt, the pyramids were built not just as a burial chamber or grave but its purpose was to facilitate afterlife for the King / Pharaoh so that he could be eternal. To underst Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 19, 2014
- Saqqara (Step Pyramid) and Memphis
Early next day we set out towards Memphis and Saqqara, which is around 24 kms away from Cairo. It is actually a nice drive away from the crowded Cairo city.
Saqqara, is where Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 17, 2014
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
Day 1 of Cairo we headed towards - the reason everyone comes to Egypt - to see Pyramids. We were excited, all charged up and it sure leaves you in awe! But there are over 100 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 13, 2014
- Visiting Alexandria in April
Everyone tells me it’s hot in Egypt in April. But against all odds I plan my trip to Egypt and as I live Dubai I think I know how to manage the heat. We (with my family) Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 7, 2014
- Faces of PovertyAs my dad drove us home last night while people were celebrating Al Sisi's victory, this entire family on a motorcycle caught my attention. I took a picture of them as they were looking up at the fireworks in the Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 29, 2014
- Election FeverAs many of you probably know, presidential elections are currently underway in Egypt. It's an exciting time considering that Egyptians can now decide which Pharaoh they want to rule them! Indeed, Egyptians are no strangers to tyrants and dictators, our Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 28, 2014
- Family SelfieI was surprised to discover the other day at my uncle's house that the selfie disease has hit Egypt as well. After having the family over for dinner we couldn't help but pose for a selfie.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/676545/ Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 28, 2014
- Classic Cars, Cigarettes, and Soccer
Cairo, Cairo, Cairo. The city that never sleeps. Bustling with street vendors, food carts, and beggars. Everybody looks stressed. Life is not easy here. But people are kind. And they h Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 25, 2014
- Mother and SonI have finally arrived in Cairo after a very long journey from Vancouver. As many of you know, I was accepted just over a month ago to do a 6 month professional internship with the United Nations Development Programme in Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 25, 2014
- Day 37 - At seaAnother day of at sea activities- a Port talk on Lisbon, Battle of the sexes and chatting with fellow passengers. As always there is a lot to drink and eat available all day. Everyone is complaining about one of the Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 27, 2014
- Day 36 - Suez Canal transitUp early-ish for the transit but apparently overnight our situation changed. We were promoted from 3rd in the convoy to first and they decided to start us off early so instead of commencing at around 8.30, our transit started around Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 26, 2014
- 2011 C9 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXVII - THE SUEZ CANALSTILL IN THE LOUNGE, BARBARA & HUSBAND CHARLIE ENJOYING THEIR SPANISH COFFEE..
WE SPENT MANY HAPPY HOURS WITH BJ & JACK, PRE DINNER, GOING OVER OUR JUST COMPLETED OR UPCOMING EXCURSIONS
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1060974.jp Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- 2011 C6 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXIV - VALLEY OF THE KINGS ===THE CAPTAIN HAS ANNOUNCED A BONUS. WE ARE GOING TO STOP AT SAFAGA IN EGYPT AFTER ALL.===
THE REASON GIVEN IS THAT WE HAVE MADE UP TIME SPEEDING THROUGH THE RED SEA, EVADING PIRATES & THE REVOLUTION HAS CALMED DOWN ENOUGH Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- Sudan en Egypte: van Khartoum naar AlexandrieEgypte.
Gompiemikkie, wat een land!
Sinds donderdag 24 oktober zijn we in Egypte. En moesten we even wennen aan Sudan, Egypte is pas echt ... apart, anders, verschrikkelijk, hoe zullen we het eens noemen.
We wisten de overtocht over het Nassermeer Posted by Jan-en-Anneke in Van Kaapstad naar Caïro en verder | Nov 6, 2013
- ALEXANDRIA - CURFEW IS AN ISSUE When we were choosing places to visit after Israel Simon wanted Istanbul in Turkey for the history and beautiful buildings, and I chose Alexandria in Egypt for the memories of our last time there when we met. When we flew Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Sep 23, 2013
- Opera and goodbye
Rasha dressed in pink scarf, brown leather jackets, brown heel shoes and look tip top and beautiful, I m in white shirt, blue jeans and jackets. She looks the most gorgeous today. her eyes Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013
- Bibloteka and Physics exhibition and books shopping.
I have a half a day to be lazy and do nothing. I take the camera and go to Starbucks hoping to use Wifii but it doesn’t work. The two things which are lacking in the Alexendria city – Wifi Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013
- Movie and shopping mall
It was a humid and a hot Sunday and we drive outside the city, another new day and another new experience together shopping. Over the breakfast table, I curiously wanted to know about Rasha Thesis and the real Cleopatra real Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013
- Cycling in the urban city area
After an active walking session, we go to a very nice part of the city close to the sea for a cycling session. We pass through a small bazaar and taste some sugar cane juice, some street Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013
- Meeting Rasha Adel :-)
It is 4 pm, I m standing outside looking both side of the hotel to sight Rasha. take some fotos of the hotel. Around 100 meters on to my right, I see Rasha walking with sun shades. I wave Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013
- Foot on the land of Egypt.Plane Lands at Cairo air port, I have landed in the soil of Pharaohs kingdom. Land of Pyramids and the history of Cleopatra in this very nation which I dreamt to see back in 2002. I make friends with a Posted by fazz83 in Discovering Your Heart and Soul | Jul 1, 2013