- Le desert du Saharale Petit Prince se trouve dans le désert du Sahara. C’est énormément vaste et le sable est le couleur de miel au lever du jour. Aussi loin que l'œil peut voir il y a du sable de cette couleur. Posted by fish093 in Le Petit Prince | Nov 11, 2014
- ETHIOPIA (AND EGYPT) BLOG 1/5Ever since we first encountered photos the Mars-like landscape of the Danakil Depression, an awe-inspiring natural wonder on the border of Ethiopia and Eritrea, we knew we had to see it with our own eyes. So great was our excitement Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Sep 13, 2014
- Egypt trip review
Please read the travel and tourism advise on the country you want to visit. Please research every city you plan to visit and the attractions there.
Attractions: We visited Egyp Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Sep 7, 2014
- The walls that tell an untold story
During my visit to Egypt I was intrigued with the temples and ancient sites than the grandeur of the great pyramids. The large walls of ancient temples tell you untold stories through its Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Sep 3, 2014
- Sightseeing in Luxor We were docked in Luxor and went to explore the temples in the east side of the Luxor city - Karnak temple and Luxor temple.
Temple of Karnak is also known as the temple for Amon Ra. It’s a huge temple Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 29, 2014
- West bank of Luxor cityNext day morning our cruise docked at Luxor and our guide took us to explore the attractions on the west bank of Luxor city.
Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the temple was built for Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 27, 2014
- Unforgettable Thebes On the day of my birthday, I was on a Nile Cruise in Egypt. Coming from Aswan the ship had docked in Luxor. As planned, we set out to explore Luxor with our local Egyptian guide and went to Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 13, 2014
- Nile Cruise, Kom Ombo Temple & Edfu Temple
The previous day we checked into the cruise and during the day went to see Aswan’s tourist attractions. Late in the night the cruise began its journey from [b]Aswan to Luxor sailing throu Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 10, 2014
- Philae Temple & other attractions in Aswan
The Philae temple is a beautiful and well preserved temple on an island away from the Aswan city. We took a boat ride to reach this little island. It was dedicated to the Goddess I Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Cairo’s attractions
We started our day by visiting the famous Egyptian Museum early in the morning. The museum is large with over 100 halls filled with artifacts of Pharaonic era covering 5,000 years of hi Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 29, 2014
- From Step Pyramid to the Great Pyramids!
In Ancient Egypt, the pyramids were built not just as a burial chamber or grave but its purpose was to facilitate afterlife for the King / Pharaoh so that he could be eternal. To underst Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 19, 2014
- Saqqara (Step Pyramid) and Memphis
Early next day we set out towards Memphis and Saqqara, which is around 24 kms away from Cairo. It is actually a nice drive away from the crowded Cairo city.
Saqqara, is where Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 17, 2014
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
Day 1 of Cairo we headed towards - the reason everyone comes to Egypt - to see Pyramids. We were excited, all charged up and it sure leaves you in awe! But there are over 100 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 13, 2014
- Visiting Alexandria in April
Everyone tells me it’s hot in Egypt in April. But against all odds I plan my trip to Egypt and as I live Dubai I think I know how to manage the heat. We (with my family) Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 7, 2014
- Faces of PovertyAs my dad drove us home last night while people were celebrating Al Sisi's victory, this entire family on a motorcycle caught my attention. I took a picture of them as they were looking up at the fireworks in the Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 29, 2014
- Election FeverAs many of you probably know, presidential elections are currently underway in Egypt. It's an exciting time considering that Egyptians can now decide which Pharaoh they want to rule them! Indeed, Egyptians are no strangers to tyrants and dictators, our Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 28, 2014
- Family SelfieI was surprised to discover the other day at my uncle's house that the selfie disease has hit Egypt as well. After having the family over for dinner we couldn't help but pose for a selfie.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/676545/ Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 28, 2014
- Classic Cars, Cigarettes, and Soccer
Cairo, Cairo, Cairo. The city that never sleeps. Bustling with street vendors, food carts, and beggars. Everybody looks stressed. Life is not easy here. But people are kind. And they h Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 25, 2014
- Mother and SonI have finally arrived in Cairo after a very long journey from Vancouver. As many of you know, I was accepted just over a month ago to do a 6 month professional internship with the United Nations Development Programme in Posted by abahgat in Zimbabwe Monologues | May 25, 2014
- Day 37 - At seaAnother day of at sea activities- a Port talk on Lisbon, Battle of the sexes and chatting with fellow passengers. As always there is a lot to drink and eat available all day. Everyone is complaining about one of the Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 27, 2014
- Day 36 - Suez Canal transitUp early-ish for the transit but apparently overnight our situation changed. We were promoted from 3rd in the convoy to first and they decided to start us off early so instead of commencing at around 8.30, our transit started around Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 26, 2014
- 2011 C9 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXVII - THE SUEZ CANALSTILL IN THE LOUNGE, BARBARA & HUSBAND CHARLIE ENJOYING THEIR SPANISH COFFEE..
WE SPENT MANY HAPPY HOURS WITH BJ & JACK, PRE DINNER, GOING OVER OUR JUST COMPLETED OR UPCOMING EXCURSIONS
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1060974.jp Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- 2011 C6 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXIV - VALLEY OF THE KINGS ===THE CAPTAIN HAS ANNOUNCED A BONUS. WE ARE GOING TO STOP AT SAFAGA IN EGYPT AFTER ALL.===
THE REASON GIVEN IS THAT WE HAVE MADE UP TIME SPEEDING THROUGH THE RED SEA, EVADING PIRATES & THE REVOLUTION HAS CALMED DOWN ENOUGH Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- Sudan en Egypte: van Khartoum naar AlexandrieEgypte.
Gompiemikkie, wat een land!
Sinds donderdag 24 oktober zijn we in Egypte. En moesten we even wennen aan Sudan, Egypte is pas echt ... apart, anders, verschrikkelijk, hoe zullen we het eens noemen.
We wisten de overtocht over het Nassermeer Posted by Jan-en-Anneke in Van Kaapstad naar Caïro en verder | Nov 6, 2013
- ALEXANDRIA - CURFEW IS AN ISSUE When we were choosing places to visit after Israel Simon wanted Istanbul in Turkey for the history and beautiful buildings, and I chose Alexandria in Egypt for the memories of our last time there when we met. When we flew Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Sep 23, 2013