- CairoWhile pusillanimous souls quiver violently in terror when the term “Middle East” is merely uttered, I adopted ambivalence to such qualms and eagerly anticipated travelling through this region. Unfortunately, the tabloid media and political rhetoric in the Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | May 18, 2013
- I Like Trains.The train was quite fun. After a relaxing day at the hotel in Aswan, I was picked up from the docks and driven a short way to the train station. I had a private sleeper cabin with dinner and breakfast Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 17, 2013
- Wall details in a tomb
Just to be clear, the two pictures I have noted as 'inside a tomb' were not taken by us with our camera--as we said, we were not allowed to take photos. So, just to illustrate what Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013
- Safaga: Luxor and the Valley of the KingsMay 13
Excursion: Luxor, Valley of the Kings
Mark and I decided this (like Cairo) was a BIG day with so much to say about it that we should probably each write our own observations. Here are mine, we'll see Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013
- UneventfulAs the title suggests, today has been uneventful. I slept in, ordered room service, took a shower, spent 30 minutes packing as efficiently as possible so I won't have to unpack again until I get home then checked out and Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 16, 2013
- Suez Canal just before entering Great Bitter Lake
Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 16, 2013
- Luxury Sedan (Made in China)This hotel is the best by far. It really is my idea of a 5 star resort. The room are huge, the scenery is spectacular, the pool looks like it drops off the edge of the second story of the Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 15, 2013
- Suez CanalMay 12
This was essentially an 'at sea' day. We (apparently) entered the Canal at 1:00 a.m., but we were, of course, soundly asleep. I got out of bed at about 7:30 and watched the passing scenery (from Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 14, 2013
- SpicyWe arrived in Aswan in the middle of the night and got an early start this morning. At 7:00, we left out things on the boat and headed by van to the High Dam.
Yassir gave us a lecture on Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 14, 2013
- Traditional Egyptian Dance: The MacarenaWe started early in the town of Edfu. We traveled by horse-pulled carriage to the Edfu temple. Its called the Edfu temple only because it's in Edfu. Its really a temple for Horus. Horus is the son of Isis and Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 13, 2013
- Giza Plateau and Pyramids, May 11May 11
Cruise Day 6
We had a great night sleep. After the long busy day concluding close to eleven pm, we were tired.
How do you know when your wife is starting to age just a wee bit? Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 13, 2013
- Alexandria to Cairo, May 10May 10
Cairo overnight excursion
Today was the Big Day. We were up early to get off the ship as soon as it was cleared by the Egyptian authorities, estimated to be by 7:00 a.m. We had to be Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 13, 2013
- Towel Negotiations and Tourist TrapsYou may already know this, but Egypt is hot!
We started the day in the Valley of the Kings. It was reasonably cool to start and we had a slight breeze but the cool air didn't last long. It was Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 12, 2013
- You Speak American!I think if I every have the chance to come back to Egypt, I'll just head straight to Luxor. Everything about it is better than Cairo. I loved driving around Cairo but other than that, it was just like any Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 11, 2013
- Wake Up and Smell the GasolineThings I Learned Today:
1. The Sahara desert looks just like Utah.
2. Speed bumps are more effective at slowing traffic than speed limits.
3. Egypt gets nicer as you go further south.
4. If you want inexpensive gas, move to the middle Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 10, 2013
- I Bribed a PolicemanToday was long but very good. As is today's blog. It's the equivalent of 8 pages in Microsoft Word!
I was picked up at 6:00 AM by Momen and a new driver. I'm pretty sure the new driver had to be Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 10, 2013
- Checking InHello everyone,
Today was a really long day and I'm really tired. It was a ton of fun so I want to do it justice. I will work on the blog tonight and possibly tomorrow but it may not be Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 9, 2013
- Moslems, Mayhem and MoneyToday started out... disorganized. Or at least it seemed so from my perspective but there's a good chance it was as well cordinated as Cairo traffic.
My driver arrived at the hotel with a tour manager. The tour manager was Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 8, 2013
- Stereotypical FrenchI tried the Indian restaurant last night. The masala sauce was quite good but probably not the best I've ever had. But it was a Lamb Chop Masala so it was the masala sauce over three large lamb chops. The Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 7, 2013
- Arrival in CairoWell Germany was the weirdest airport experiance I've ever had.
I got my gate number about an hour before boarding was sheduled. The gate was on the ground level of the airport in an enclosed area. When it was time Posted by Amanda460 in Egypt | May 6, 2013
- Cruising the Nile and more temples
[im Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 14, 2013
- Tombs, Temples & Touts
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_3610.jpg caption=Sunset on the Nil Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 14, 2013
- King Tut’s treasures & hard work at Khan al Khalili Bazaar
A visit to Cairo is not complete without a visit to the Egyptian Museum and vi Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 14, 2013
- More Pyramids, Sakkara and Memphis
Saw King Ramses II handy work today. He certainly didn’t have any self-esteem issues, commi Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 12, 2013
- Crazy Cairo (Amman on Steroids!)
From the moment we stepped into our awaiting bus at the airport to the moment we left our Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 12, 2013