- Alexandria day tripEnjoy your trip in [[http://www.godiscoverytravel.com/Alexandria-Day-tour-from-Cairo/| Alexandria day tour from Cairo]] we so glad to see some artifacts to know more history about Egypt Posted by Go Discovery tr in Egypt day Tours | Jun 25, 2016
- Egypt, AfricaToday marks the start of an amazing experience; my dream trip around the world. On Sunday, after having just arrived at the airport in Cairo, Egypt at the first continental stop of my journey, Africa, I was both excited and Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 18, 2016
- Istanbul - CairoAt least today should be less eventful than yesterday. A nice mini-bus turns up as arranged to take us back to the now very familiar Istanbul airport. After some confusion about where we check in, we finally have our boarding Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Dec 23, 2007
- Our Travel InfoWe went on this trip from July 21 to July 28. We flew out of the Philadelphia International Airport and flew to the Cairo International Airport. We compared different airline fees and decided to fly with Air Posted by kyleegan25 in A Journey to Egypt | Nov 15, 2015
- GIZA PYRAMIDS, EGYPTEgypt. Whatta day! I only had a 22hr layover in Cairo, but I made the most of it. I booked myself one night at the Pyramids View Inn for only $35. The hotel itself wasn't anything to get excited about, Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 22, 2015
- Beach breakAfter a jam packed few weeks we decided to take it easy for a few days on the Red Sea. We headed back to Hurghada and payed the $1 to secure a spot on the beach, which also comes Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 14, 2015
- Pyramids, mosques and Coptic Cairo
We arrived in Cairo, busy and bustling in a way we'd become unaccustomed to. Our first day we wandered down to the Islamic quarter to check out the area and a few of the mosques and site Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Apr 8, 2015
- Tombs, temples and the Valley of the Kings
We came to feel at home in Luxor moreso than anywhere else in Egypt. We found a great hotel (Oasis), in a great location and stayed for a week. Our first foray out was to see the Temples Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Apr 8, 2015
- Floating in a Felucca
I'm writing this post as we drift lazily down the Nile on day three of our four day Felucca cruise. At the moment there is no wind so we are barely moving. Matt and our Captain Abdullah a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Apr 1, 2015
- Walk like an Egyptian
We flew into Hurghada because it was so much cheaper and as I was still getting over my cold we spent a day taking it easy before looking to head off for our adventure. I Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Apr 1, 2015
- The Faces of Pharaoh19th September 2009
The Qantas flight from Germany via Heathrow arrives in the early hours of the morning at the Cairo Old International Airport to a very warm, humid and busy Cairo, it is the end of Ramadan so Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Mar 7, 2015
- Egypt?What can I say? It was fun. Although enjoyable, not my sort of holiday. I tend to dislike the "Disney-esque" charades that all-inclusive holidays put on and can now say it isn't really for me.
Sharm el: Sheikh: My girlfriend Posted by derekdhardin in Weekenders | Feb 23, 2015
- Le desert du Saharale Petit Prince se trouve dans le désert du Sahara. C’est énormément vaste et le sable est le couleur de miel au lever du jour. Aussi loin que l'œil peut voir il y a du sable de cette couleur. Posted by fish093 in Le Petit Prince | Nov 11, 2014
- ETHIOPIA (AND EGYPT) BLOG 1/5Ever since we first encountered photos the Mars-like landscape of the Danakil Depression, an awe-inspiring natural wonder on the border of Ethiopia and Eritrea, we knew we had to see it with our own eyes. So great was our excitement Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Sep 13, 2014
- Egypt trip review
Please read the travel and tourism advise on the country you want to visit. Please research every city you plan to visit and the attractions there.
Attractions: We visited Egyp Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Sep 7, 2014
- The walls that tell an untold story
During my visit to Egypt I was intrigued with the temples and ancient sites than the grandeur of the great pyramids. The large walls of ancient temples tell you untold stories through its Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Sep 3, 2014
- Sightseeing in Luxor We were docked in Luxor and went to explore the temples in the east side of the Luxor city - Karnak temple and Luxor temple.
Temple of Karnak is also known as the temple for Amon Ra. It’s a huge temple Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 29, 2014
- West bank of Luxor cityNext day morning our cruise docked at Luxor and our guide took us to explore the attractions on the west bank of Luxor city.
Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the temple was built for Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 27, 2014
- Unforgettable Thebes On the day of my birthday, I was on a Nile Cruise in Egypt. Coming from Aswan the ship had docked in Luxor. As planned, we set out to explore Luxor with our local Egyptian guide and went to Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 13, 2014
- Nile Cruise, Kom Ombo Temple & Edfu Temple
The previous day we checked into the cruise and during the day went to see Aswan’s tourist attractions. Late in the night the cruise began its journey from [b]Aswan to Luxor sailing throu Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 10, 2014
- Philae Temple & other attractions in Aswan
The Philae temple is a beautiful and well preserved temple on an island away from the Aswan city. We took a boat ride to reach this little island. It was dedicated to the Goddess I Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Cairo’s attractions
We started our day by visiting the famous Egyptian Museum early in the morning. The museum is large with over 100 halls filled with artifacts of Pharaonic era covering 5,000 years of hi Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 29, 2014
- From Step Pyramid to the Great Pyramids!
In Ancient Egypt, the pyramids were built not just as a burial chamber or grave but its purpose was to facilitate afterlife for the King / Pharaoh so that he could be eternal. To underst Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 19, 2014
- Saqqara (Step Pyramid) and Memphis
Early next day we set out towards Memphis and Saqqara, which is around 24 kms away from Cairo. It is actually a nice drive away from the crowded Cairo city.
Saqqara, is where Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 17, 2014
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
Day 1 of Cairo we headed towards - the reason everyone comes to Egypt - to see Pyramids. We were excited, all charged up and it sure leaves you in awe! But there are over 100 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 13, 2014