- April 26 - ACAJUTLA, EL SALVADOR
We received a lovely welcome in the “Land of Volcanoes”, a country trying hard to rise above its turbulent past.
This tiny Mesoame Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Apr 27, 2017
- 2017 APRIL - EL SALVADOR - RUTA DE LAS FLORES==DAY 76 SATURDAY 22ND APRIL==
Poached eggs (cooked by the egg queen) for breakfast. This Casa has a share kitchen which is very nice, probably the best and cleanest kitchen we have seen in our travels so far. And Posted by Cindy Bruin in CINDY & CO TRAVELLING THE WORLD! | Apr 24, 2017
- 2017 APRIL - EL SALVADOR==DAY 72 TUESDAY 18TH APRIL==
Today we left El Cuco and move further north up the coast of El Salvador to another beach location El Tunco. No mean feat arriving here in on Posted by Cindy Bruin in CINDY & CO TRAVELLING THE WORLD! | Apr 22, 2017
- 2017 APRIL - NICARAGUA TO EL SALVADOR==DAY 66 WEDNESDAY 12TH APRIL==
Our last day in Nicaragua was sunny and hot like all the previous days in this country have been. We checked out of the hostel at 11am, and then just hung out around the pool Posted by Cindy Bruin in CINDY & CO TRAVELLING THE WORLD! | Apr 19, 2017
- Day 82-83 El Tunco- Leon, NicaraguaThe hostel owner dropped us to the correct bus station in the morning and we were advised to get a bus heading to San Salvador but stop at a town just outside to get a directo bus to El Tunco Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Apr 1, 2017
- DAY 80-81 Santa AnaNursing a rum and beer hangover we got on a bus with our heavy packs towards a little town called Ataco. But we managed to get on the wrong bus and spent the next 40 minutes jammed in on a Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Apr 1, 2017
- DAY 78-79 JuayuaToday we woke up early and randomly waited on the side of the main road for a bus to Sansonate. However after waiting on both sides of the road and 4 buses stopping for us no one was going to Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Apr 1, 2017
- DAY 76-77 EL TUNCO, EL SALVADOR I AM 35 TODAY, We start the day by having a typical Salvadorian breakfast of rice n beans with scrambled eggs and plantain. Not too shabby. Funnily enough Phil was also eating in there too. With board shorts and bikini's Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Mar 24, 2017
- Day 76 - back to Antigua and travel to El TuncoNot really in the original plan at all but hey lets go to EL Salvador! A shuttle from Antigua to El tunco at 12 dollars each.
A quick stop in one of our favourite towns and drinking the best coffee yet. Posted by Markandmel2016 in Central America | Mar 24, 2017
- El Cuco with a cuckoo...We chose to travel to El Cuco partly because we felt we needed one more stop in El Salvador and mostly because Tortuga Verde Lodge advertises a boat trip from La Union El Salvador directly to Nicaragua, bypassing Honduras. Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen.. | Dec 12, 2016
- El Tunco, Surfs Up!Well rested and up early Jim finds us a Burger King breakfast as it is the only place we have found at 7am and being unsure as to how long the bus ride will be, it is sufficient to hold Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen.. | Dec 4, 2016
- El SalvadorWednesday 13th April - Suchitoto
After yesterday's long travel day, today was a free day and our first in El Salvador.
We met a local guide; Rene' who took us on a tour to the Los Tercios Rock-waterfall
Athough there's only Posted by Andy-Irene in Central America - March-April 2016 | Apr 13, 2016
- Leon and El SalvadorThe minibus from Granada to León took about 3.5 hours and involved a change of transport in the capital city of Managua. It has a population of almost 2.2 million (about a third of the population of Nicaragua) and was Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Oct 21, 2015
- El SalvadorErie and I had spent far too much of our time in Guatemala being cold. Despite Erie picking up a sunburn (somehow…) on her first day in Antigua, we had been wearing jackets, had been sick with colds, and I Posted by chasingsummer in Chasing Forever Summer | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 1: El Salvador & Costa RicaOn Tuesday, July 14 I embarked on a 10-day, life-changing trip to Costa Rica with a very, very awesome group of young people from Oak Park River Forest High School. Over this weekend of July 24 - 26, I will Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 24, 2015
- We’re not in Guatemala now, Dr Ropata…We're in El Salvador!!We left Antigua bound for El Salvador. To be honest I had no idea what to expect as numerous people are scared of El Salvador due to it’s high crime rate. It seems it is pretty common for people to Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Jul 23, 2015
- Surfin' US-elessA shorter post this time to cover my brief stay in El Salvador - 4 days in total.
After covering off most of the main backpacker stops in Guatemala, my first and, as it turned out, only destination in El Salvador Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Jan 10, 2015
- It's always hard saying goodbye....It's been a while since my last blog. I don't know where the time has gone but it's time to bid farewell to this beautiful country and it's people.
As always, El Salvador, you have welcomed us with open arms! Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Sep 22, 2014
- More from beautiful EL SALVADOR!We are eating and laughing our way through El Salvador. Hope you enjoy the latest chapter...
Lazy day at home then we had dinner at Gracia and Carlos' home. Gracia is Mamiti's niece. Tio Ricardo was there Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Aug 31, 2014
- EL SALVADOR!El Salvador has recently been named the 10th happiest country in the world!
“Even though this country is overshadowed by neighboring Guatemala and Mexico as a hot tourist destination, locals are content with what they have: friendly neighbors, h Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Aug 19, 2014
- El Surfador[float=right][/float]Another country which is hard to pass in touring Central America is El Salvador. Most people we have met just stop by for a few days (some even for weeks :)) in sur Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 26, 2014
- El Salvador
===Impressions of El Salvador===
El Salvador is a small country but has much to offer in terms of beautiful countryside, beaches, colonial towns and artisans, all at quite reasonable Posted by janejoe in Panama,CostaRica,El Salvador,Mexico,Cuba | Jan 23, 2014
- El Salvador In writing this blog I've always had huge difficulties in keeping anywhere close to up to date, but I've never been his behind. This is early October and I'm in Ireland, attempting to write about six days worth of Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Oct 11, 2013
- Sum up of North AmericaSo we're in el Salvador at the moment waiting for our flight to Peru. I'm surprised they have much better WiFi here than in los Angeles airport!! We had a nightmare where they wouldn't let us fly unless we booked Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | Feb 24, 2013
- El Salvador & Spanish (W3): Saying GoodbyeThe last week of Spanish School was shorter than usual, after we played truant to see El Mozote on Monday there were only 4 days of school left. I had a different teacher this week, Caroline, who is also Posted by marajade1_200 in Chapter 28: A Year of Spanish | Feb 12, 2013