- Maiden Castle and DorchesterThis morning we left our cosy Cobblers cottage in Pennymoor and tonight we are in a lovely little bungalow in Bishopstoke, Eastleigh - our base for our final two nights in England. The drive lead us from the narrow and Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 4, 2016
- The English RivieraFollowing our morning in North Huish, we headed to the coast known as The English Riviera. Stopped for lunch in Totnes, delicious homemade soup and bread unfortunately served by a very bad-tempered young man who needs to get a different Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 4, 2016
- Family HistoryIt was a very special day for me today as we travelled to the tiny village of North Huish to visit the home and grave of George and Jessie Drury, my great great grandparents. We initially went into the church Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 3, 2016
- Cream tea in DevonToday we set off for Exeter, taking the most direct route. This turned out to be quite an experience as we negotiated miles of very narrow one lane roads lined with hedges. A bit hair-raising when we met a large Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 2, 2016
- Stones and BathsWe collected our rental car from Heathrow last evening, having farewelled Tom on his homeward journey. An hour later we arrived at our lovely B&B in the village of Great Bedwyn, near Marlborough. Our hosts welcomed us with tea and Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 1, 2016
- A trivial entryOn Thursday afternoon, Simon ran to the airport to collect our next hire car. Literally. It was about a 3 mile journey, and he managed to time his run in between showers of rain. We loaded up Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 1, 2016
- Last day in LondonOn our final day in London we all headed to the British Museum which of course has a massive collection of artifacts from all over the world. I found it incredible to see stuff that had survived for thousands Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 30, 2016
- Kew GardensI just loved today! I have dreamed of visiting Kew Gardens for so long and it was magical. The weather was glorious and the gardens exceeded my expectations. Fascinating range of plants, every single one labelled and in such good Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 28, 2016
- Natural History MuseumDoug visited the Natural History Museum.....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/39695 Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 28, 2016
- Otley, Otley, Otley...We've spent the past few days thoroughly enjoying the semi-normal routines of life in Otley. I have explored the many and varied charity shops, and am now well-acquainted with the Sainsbury's down the road. The weather hasn't been Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 28, 2016
- Out and about in London townHere are some photos from yesterday's epic day/night out in London...
[img=http://photos Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- London apartmentWe are staying very near to Victoria Park and also the Olympic Park. Today Hamish and I took a 10 minute bus ride to Stratford, a very big shopping mall. Had a lovely lunch at a Greek restaurant and strolled Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- LondonI have encountered a problem with the blog photos, so this is just quick update on our travels since the wedding. Sadly, Carole had a fall in her room late on the wedding night and had to go to hospital Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 27, 2016
- Cornwall to LondonAugust 13
Rained all the way from Cornwall to London.
Saw Stonehenge on Salisbury Plains (at least Roly saw it!). On to London. Stayed at Hotel Lindsay - opposite the Penta.
Went to Ritz for afternoon tea - but booked out. Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- CornwallAugust 12
Drove through Somerset - Devon - to Bude in Cornwall.
Met the McKenzies. Visited Kilkhampton and Boscastle. Lunch (pasties) then dinner at West Country Inn where we stayed with Marion, John and children.
Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Barcombe Mills - LewesWe spent a lovely evening and morning with Cathy and Raphie, and Riff-Raff and Bolly, getting to know each other, learning of the dog's routine, the workings of their home and the 'general lie of the land'. We knew we Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Apr 13, 2016
- Thunday in ThetfordOur housesitting duties complete, we set off for Thetford this morning. You may not be familiar with its work, but Thetford's claim to fame is that it is where the television show "Dad's Army" was filmed - and even Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 3, 2016
- Greater Anglian adventuresThursday the county of Essex provided us with glorious sunshine for the whole day (well, right up until 5.30 when there were a couple of spots of rain) and I went outside without my raincoat for the first time in Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Apr 2, 2016
- MMMNothing says Monday like Morris dancing. So on Monday morning, we popped over to see the Thaxted Morris Men and the Devil's Dyke Morris Men do their thing in the churchyard. Thanks to Father Ken (who may or Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Mar 30, 2016
- London, England. [center][/center]
[center]A beautiful city, rich with history everywhere you go. London is a place you could spend ages in, and never truly get bored of the sights before you.
London isn't on Posted by Cassi_Kurelo in Around the world. | Mar 28, 2016
- Housesitting #3Fun fact – referring to chicken parmigiana as ‘chicken parma’ confuses people. When we recounted our evening meal to Sally over breakfast, she had no idea what I was talking about. None whatsoever. I didn’t realise that Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Mar 28, 2016
- Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!I love Wednesdays, and this one was a fine specimen as far as Wednesdays are concerned. Breakfast featured multiple cereal options (including granola – not quite as good as Jennah’s, but still delicious) and a chat with Sally and Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Mar 23, 2016
- Spring = sprungAfter welcoming Juliet and Sam back to their own home on Friday, it was time for us to embark on a little bit of a roadtrip. It was a fairly unremarkable journey, apart from the iPad telling us to Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Mar 22, 2016
- England (Hogwarts and Brighton)Hello!
On the 15th, I went to Hogwarts, and it was fabulous. I spent six hours there in total experiencing a wide range of emotion, the most prevalent being awe. All of you should be aware how Potter-obsessed I am, so Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Mar 21, 2016
- Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and DorsetWe woke to a misty morning in Cheddar, however the day improved as we travelled on towards Landsend. We took a drive up through the Cheddar Gorge, along the ridge and down into Wells and Glastonbury. Glastonbury is renowned for Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Mar 20, 2016