- Day 33I must start today with a correction . Connor is spelt with two o's, not an e as I mistyped yesterday..
But as Sam said, it would be too much to expect someone who can punctuate as well as Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 16, 2013
- Day 32STOP PRESS. Sam and Al's son Connor was born today, ( three weeks early) at 1.58 pm weighing 2.57kg. All well
There was no wifi in our hotel this morning ( out of action) so we couldn't check our mail Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 15, 2013
- Thanet: Shell Grotto, Minnis Bay and BBQAnother busy day in the Garden of Kent. After breakfast Paul and Andrew went beachcombing again at Stone Bay as the tide was very far out. Soon afterwards Robin and Roger picked us up and we headed for Shell Grotto Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 14, 2013
- Day 15: The Wonderful World of Harry Potter, part 2=== I got up bright and early this am, put on my new Platform 9 3/4 tee shirt, and headed off to Victoria station to meet my bus to go to The Making of Harry Potter. I have issues Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 14, 2013
- Day31'Today is Sunday.
The plus's for conducted tours are that all the planning of accomodation , travel , and places to visit are taken care of for you, but the downside is , if you want a day such as today Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 14, 2013
- Thanet: Planes, a Boat and BeachesToday me, Robbie, Andrew and dad walked down to Stone Bay. There me, Robbie and Andrew built a dam out of small rocks and "wet" sand. We saw lots of crabs and sea stars and seaweed. After that Roger Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 13, 2013
- Day 30
This morning we made an early start (8.00) as we had a fair distance to travel.
Our first point of call was Winchester . This is the place where Jane Austin is buried.
She came here with her sister Cassandra seeking Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 13, 2013
- Thanet: beaches, tours and dinner with gracious hosts!
Greetings from the Isle of Thanet! We have travelled by train east from London and arrived in a beautiful part of England. The "Isle" of Thanet is no longer an island (as the ocean chan Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 13, 2013
- Day 29
Today was another fine and sunny day.
After a good buffet breakfast we set out at 9 am to visit the Palace home of the Montagu family. (since 1538.)
It was nice to see the inscription over their fireplace. "The fear of Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 12, 2013
- Day 12: Medicine, Murder, Modern, and Midsummer===My day started off at the Old Operating Theatre Museum. It's a quirky attic museum and to get to it one has to climb a very narrow spiraling staircase. This museum is the location of where they used to do Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 12, 2013
- London: ObservationsBonus blog entry today! We are leaving London today and will be back for three short days at the end of July. We've really enjoyed introducing the kids to this historical city and we know they'll have some great memories Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 11, 2013
- London: British Museum and Arsenal StadiumToday we went to the British Museum and then emirates stadium. The british museum was cool we saw lots of ancient artifacts and the rosetta stone it was very different from a Canadien museum.
[i](Day started off with the Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 11, 2013
- Day 27
Lois has put her transmission into Park today as she has succumbed to the chest infection I picked up in France. It does slow you up.
Thanks to our good Doctor Bertie , we left home with an arsenal of Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 10, 2013
- London: Hampton Court Palace and Picadilly CircusThe heat wave endures in London and we continue to roast when we're in the crowds. Today we ventured south and went to Hampton Court Palace as recommended by Doreen (aka Paul's mum). The trains were very busy as Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 9, 2013
- Day 26After a late start we walked down to Hyde park and caught the Original Hop on Hop off tour bus and spent the day sightseeing.
When we were in Paris, I was almost persuaded that that city had the edge on Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 9, 2013
- Day 25I am thankful to be able to report that we handed the car back in Angers this morning before the deadline, unmarked.
We are now on the train heading to Lille, where we change trains for London.
An amusing incident happened at Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 8, 2013
- Kew GardensToday we visited Kew Gardens and Palace. There was a festival celebrating edible plants on, adding even more things to see to an already lengthy list. These humongous botanical gardens have been around for over 250 years, with some of Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 8, 2013
- Day 9: Hampton Court===Today I went to Hampton Court via boat. It was a nice airy ride, once I moved to the shade. And I got to take a lot of the typical pictures of buildings I may forget in time. Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 8, 2013
- Day 8: Hot, hot, hot! A retreat to Kew Gardens===It is really hot here, high 80's, but that is officially a heat wave by London standards, and for the most part they love it because they believe London will become chilled and soggy again. I don't see it. Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 8, 2013
- London: Natural History, Science and Harrods in KensingtonToday, we went to the Natural History museum, the Science Museum and Harrods. We started off the day by taking the tube to the natural history museum in Kensington/Chelsea area. The museum was fun to see dispalys of all sorts Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 7, 2013
- London: St Pauls, Globe, Monument, Shopping and Crowds!Today we decided to go to the City (the City is a neighbourhood where the original London began and is now the heart of the financial district...for some reason I never recognized this until a few months ago!) So we Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 6, 2013
- London Spent the weekend with my Aunty, Uncle and Family in London after 2 weeks of non stop travel around Europe.. was very relaxing and so nice and sunny! Spent the afternoon sitting in the sun and catching up with all Posted by jessruthvk in Europe and beyond | Jul 6, 2013
- Windsor CastleThe day of leisurely sight seeing started at Paddington station, birthplace of Paddington Bear. Paying homage to the bear is a modest statue, and a larger gift shop upstairs.
After a br Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 6, 2013
- Banqueting HouseBasically a 20 minute video and a hall with a painted ceiling, it isn't worth the £5 price tag, or the trip into central London.
[img= Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 5, 2013
- London: Westminster, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Bon JoviToday we woke up at 8:00 and stayed in the apartment for awhile... at 9:30, we left to go find a bus station that would take us into central london. we ended up taking the #148 double decker bus to Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 5, 2013