- Day 6-7Drove over to spend the rest of our time in the UK with Sarah and Oli. Had a good pub lunch just outside Reading at a little place called Earling, great setting beside a river. Then onto Yate, only 3.5 Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 24, 2016
- Day 6-7Drove over to spend the rest of our time in the UK with Sarah and Oli. Had a good pub lunch just outside Reading at a little place called Earling, great setting beside a river. Then onto Yate, only 3.5 Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 23, 2016
- Day 4-5 EssexHanded in our Oyster Cards and navigated the car out of London, avoiding the congestion charge areas (hopefully). Lovely to have the lone of Oli’s work wagon, us Kiwis to like to be independently mobile.
Wonderful to see Caroline and William Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 23, 2016
- London Day 3Another bitterly cold day, 3OC this morning – yes it is winter, but still not attuned to waking up to darkness as daylight doesn’t happen until after 7.30am, and then it’s dark again at 4.30pm.
Strolled past a lock (near Chelsea Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 18, 2016
- London Day 2Started day 2 in London with another breakfast at Daylesford – much busier there this morning. Londoners must go out on Sunday morning for breakfast!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/760616/90_20160117_Daylesford.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellersp Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 17, 2016
- In BetweenHello!
I am currently sitting in the "Contiki Basement" waiting to be able to check into my hotel. I imagine I won't have a chance to post anything tomorrow so I figured I'd fill you in while I wait.
Emily and Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 17, 2016
Only one thing to say about the show - it was WICKED !!!!!! Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 16, 2016
- LondonFirst full day in London started with breakfast at Daylesford Organic Café – topped up on muesli and coffee.
Then a walk down Buckingham Pa Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 16, 2016
- FlightsArrived to a stunning clear sunny day in London. Everyone commenting on the unusual weather – just us bringing our good weather from NZ!!
Uneventful flight from Wellington, via Melbourne and Dubai. Seeing Sarah there to meet us at the Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary World Tour | Jan 16, 2016
Quick update - arrived safely in London yesterday and met up with the lovely Emily (although she was waiting for me in the entirely wrong terminal, and it took about an hour to find her). We made our way to Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 16, 2016
- Life at The SwanI am writing this post as we have recieved an official complaint on the lack of updates recently! (Sorry Gaz)
We have been working here just over 2 months now and have settled into the pub nicely. Tim is loving pulling Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Jan 7, 2016
- THE BOROUGH MARKETS LondonBorough Market is London’s most renowned food market; a source of exceptional British and international produce.
It is a haven for Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 24, 2015
- Brixton Markets LondonBrixton Market comprises a street market in the centre of Brixton, south London, and the adjacent covered market areas in nearby arcades Reliance Arcade, Market Row and Granville Arcade.
This b Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 24, 2015
- Oxford Covered MarketThe market is located to the north of the High Street towards the western end between Cornmarket Street and Turl Street. To the north is Market Street. Most of the entrances are from the High Street and Market Street (with Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Maltby St Markets LondonMight be hard to find, but Ropewalk is a little gem, quirky , friendly and worth the adventure to find. A gathering spot for the new breed of "locals" now living in this area, and there were lots Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- CambridgeMore for my own reference I have started confirming the name of artists whose work I have seen. So let me just list last entry's authors. In no particular order. The picture with a partial paws of a weasel, which Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Dec 13, 2015
The nature of these blogs will probably change again. Hopefully for the better, or worse, depending on your point of view and what your here for. Perhaps its time for a reflection on what the point of this exercise is. Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Dec 3, 2015
- All Roads Lead to LondonWe often rave about the food in foreign climes, but nowhere in the world can you find such quality, variety and perfection as in the great British food emporiums of Fortnum & Mason and Harrods. This is Harrods…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/1713 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 28, 2015
- London AdventuresI started my adventures looking for statues in London. I read a book as a kid titled Stoneheart, in which there are statues around London that come to life. When I was in London last summer, I wanted to find Posted by BraedonLowey in London and Dublin | Nov 18, 2015
- The resolute urgency of now. Decisions that change our livesTo read part I click here: [[http://1dream1000ways.travellerspoint.com/56/]]
Life is a journey right? We hear that a lot, but what does it really mean to each and every one of us? What kind of journey? How to experience that journey? Where to Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Nov 6, 2015
- Cardiff- LondonIt would appear some of my weird crazy ramblings have elicited some positive, if not vaguely concerned comment from Mrs Fryer about some of my writings. It did get me thinking on some rather odd tangents, like, as one of Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Nov 2, 2015
- Delayed but still EXCITED!!I am thankful that Unit Posted by TravelingSusan in Desperately Seeking Susan | Nov 2, 2015
- Around the World for our Silver Wedding 2002Some 15 years or so previously we started to put a little bit of money away each month for a luxury Caribbean Cruise for our silver wedding. As the date got nearer and nearer, the more we realised that luxury Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 19, 2002
- London Or BUST!!In just 11 short days I will be boarding a plane to LONDON!! I cannot believe that I have been able to explore Europe twice in one year!!
We are flying into London for 4 days and then traveling Posted by TravelingSusan in Desperately Seeking Susan | Oct 20, 2015
- We be "WorkAwayers"Two of the greatest expenses that are incurred during travels can be food and shelter. Hotels are expensive and cannot be sustained by most budgets over long periods of time, while rentals such as AirBnB also tend to hit Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Oct 17, 2015