- England - Day 1 - Monday 6th April[right][/right]Monday 6th April
We got up early and ate breakfast in the restaurant. The things we learned are to stay away from the scrambled eggs (they Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 8, 2015
- Day one - Sunday 5th April Sunday 5th April
We left Melbourne for Singapore at 1.00 am. Plane was full and getting to the toilet was an issue at times. The service on Singapore Airlines was, as usual, very professional from the crew Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 8, 2015
- LondonAh London Town there's always so much to do! We were in Town for three gorgeously sunny days. Which of course meant we spent a lot of time outside.
Taylor has never been to London so after checking into the Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- Lotsa London!
I'm not sure if it was because I sat up on night watch when we arrived or because our hotel bed is twice the size of a road in Ireland - but I slept in this morning - and it Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 3, 2015
- Worth the Wait!Some things are worth the wait. Today brought three of them - along with more sunshine!
This morning, our wait was next to the fence outside of Buckingham Palace. We arrived early so that we could have a bird's eye view Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 2, 2015
- Doinking London!Relocation was the first item on this morning's agenda and after much searching and God's good grace, we found ourselves an unusually exquisite hotel room (for us!) in the City Centre just beside the London Bridge and Tower. We dropped Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 2, 2015
- 'Ello England!
We had hoped to be done driving when we left Scotland, but we took one look at our options for getting to Stongehenge and decided that 2+ hours on a tour bus smothered in people was beyond what we had Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 1, 2015
- London calling...
We had four days in London this time and after our last eventful stopover I was expecting another whirlwind. It was Australia Day when we arrived but we were too exhausted to do more than Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Mar 30, 2015
- London!On a whim, I decided to take up a friend's invite to join her in London for the weekend. After spending more than I thought on a flight (wow do the pound and euro sign look similar if you Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 28, 2015
- England - CotswoldsOver Paul’s birthday we hired a car and spent a few days in the Cotswolds, a beautiful area of UK countryside with rolling green fields and streams dotted with historic villages built from Cotswold stone. Our time included exploring lots Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 30, 2014
- England - OxfordLucy’s Uncle Richard lives in Oxford, being an ex-University of Oxford employee gave us a fantastic guided tour of the Oxford Colleges, grounds and laneways filling us in on the history of the city. This was followed by afternoon tea Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 27, 2014
- Bristol - Gatwick
As we have an early morning flight, we thought we'd travel up to Gatwick the night before and stay overnight in a hotel close to the airport, and you certainly can't get much closer than Premier Inn at the North Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 8, 2015
- ROADTRIP Day 3 Penzance to WellsBreakfast then hit the road. The sun is out.
Meeting Jay & Leah in Marazion.
[ Posted by Traci_Rae in UK ROADTRIP 2014 | May 29, 2014
- ROADTRIP,- Day 2 Yealmpton to Penzance We woke to the sounds of birds and bleeding lambs. Did I mention we were in the English countryside?
What a wonderful nights sleep. I wish we had stayed here longer.
Looking out the window all one can see is Posted by Traci_Rae in UK ROADTRIP 2014 | May 28, 2014
- THE ARRIVAL Flight from Singapore to Heathrow. Well what can I say..... Feeling lucky that we were given 4 seats between the 2 of us across the middle row. Feeling unlucky that Rae took up 3 of these seats and slept for Posted by Traci_Rae in UK ROADTRIP 2014 | May 25, 2014
- ROADTRIP Day 1- Waterloo to Yealmpton We check out of the Wellington and head over to pick up the car from Europcar.
We pick up the car and it's all down hill from there.
We blame too much to look at. Following directions is easy Posted by Traci_Rae in UK ROADTRIP 2014 | May 27, 2014
- A DAY IN LONDONGood morning Waterloo
After breakfast we meet up with Jay at Waterloo Station.
Caught a train and walked up to Buckingham Palace. What a sight. Today was the changing of the guard. What a splendid display of discipline in all the Posted by Traci_Rae in UK ROADTRIP 2014 | May 26, 2014
- Finally time for another trip
I think this trip can best be described as a consolation prize, after not being able to go to Eritrea as planned in February because the visa didn't turn up in time. (Incidentally, the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Mar 8, 2015
- Rievoulx Abbey and Helmsley Castle[b]On February 21, I went on a class trip to Rievoulx Abbey and the town of Helmsley. It was for my class called "The Visual Past" where we look at ruins of abbeys and castles in order to see what Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Mar 4, 2015
- Robin Hood's Bay to Whitby: A Coastal HikeSaturday , February 28, some friends and I caught a a morning train for ridiculously cheap and ended up in Whitby. From Whitby we caught a bus to Robin Hood's Bay. We wandered around Robin Hood's Bay for a Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Mar 4, 2015
- London pit stop
We only had a couple of days in London so we decided to take in a few of the free sites and take it easy. After the bus drop us off at 5am instead of 9am we were a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- DurhamThe first class excursion the class went to was Durham, about an hour north of York. Once we got off the train, we were immediately greeted with a high view of the city, and it was unbelievable:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/724146/WP_20150207_1 Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Feb 17, 2015
- Old places, old mates and cool stuffA busy week in London meant some tired munchkins but plenty of smiles:
* Natural history museum - really cool set up with so much to see but never enough time, Claire (aka Pickle) joined us for a wander with the Posted by hollyer in Skiing, friends, family and good times | Feb 3, 2015
- History of York[center]This weekend was the York Residents Festival and, as I am currently residing in York, admission to many of the museums and landmarks was free. I didn't hit everything on my list, but I saw quite a bit and explored Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Feb 2, 2015
- SnowWe woke up this morning to be greeted with snow everywhere. Just a short reminder of what we are leaving behind today. The packing is done and we wait to be collected for our epic journey. Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Jan 31, 2015