- 130526: 1. Stonehenge===Stonehenge - Inner Circle tour===
Arrive Stonehenge shortly before 8am for tour
Lv Stonehenge 9:20
Arr Woodhenge 9:30
Lv Woodhenge 10 am
Return to hotel, check out
Lv hotel ~11 am Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130525: 7. Lacock to Amesbury (Stonehenge)From Lacock, we took a scenic, back country road route, heading east out of town, then south on Devizes Road (A342). In the town of Rowde, just before we reached Devizes, we turned south on Marsh Lane which brought us Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130525: 6. LacockFrom Castle Combe, we continued on to Lacock. Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130525: 5. Castle CombeWe left the Herschel Museum at about 12:30 pm. We walked back to our rental car, and our next big task was to get to Castle Combe, about an hour's drive away.
Driving in Bath isn't straightforward by any means; besides Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 14, 2013
- 130525: 4. Herschel MuseumAt the Francis Hotel, we picked up our bags and caught a taxi to the Hertz rental office, or rather, the local Hertz affiliate. It was in an ugly, industrial part of town and looked more like a place to Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 14, 2013
- Before we begin........It's rainy. We haven't left yet............ Posted by Niminindia in NimInIndia | Sep 14, 2013
- 130525: 2. Roman Baths - IIAfter viewing the Great Bath from the terrace, we went down to the next level for a closer look at the Great Bath itself. Here are a couple of HDR shots.
East end of the Great Bath
Sitting between the two columns Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 13, 2013
- Brighton to ParisBrighton became more and more bizarre, the longer we stayed. While this might seem odd, well you have to be here for more than a couple of days to even begin to understand. This place is extraordinarily popular Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 13, 2013
- Doing as the Romans Do - Walking the Wall=="When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." - Marcus Aurelius (Roman Emperor)==
==Foodie moment Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 13, 2013
- Brighton and HoveNo fire alarms, hotel inspectors or interesting tales to tell. So just some pictures today of Brighton and Hove.
[center][img=http:// Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 12, 2013
- The Last of London and on to Brighton
Our last venture yesterday evening in London was a walk to Primrose Hill in drizzle. Great walk past canals and the London Zoo. From the top of the hill you can see over the city. Well, that Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 11, 2013
- 130525: 1. Roman Baths - IToday we got up, packed, and checked out of the hotel. We left our bags at the hotel to be picked up later. Then we walked to the center of Bath.
A short time later we were standing in line Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 10, 2013
- London Comes to an End (Almost)
Yesterday was a day well spent and we covered a lot of ground. First breakfast with Andrew Zammit at the Mayfair Hotel. Great company and lovely food. A real treat. Then off to Picadilly Circus, regent St, Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 9, 2013
- Our High St while we were in Oxford The Co Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Sep 9, 2013
- Lakeside DistrictTo celebrate our 4 year anniversary we took a short 4 day retreat (2 of which were just the bus ride to and from) up to the beautifully scenic Lakeside District of England. Reputed to have the most stunning natural Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 9, 2013
- 130524: 8. Evening in Bath 2After our great dinner at Yek Yeti Yak, we headed off to the Pulteney Bridge, stopping to check out the Parade Gardens along the way. To our relief, the sky was clearing up and the sun was coming out -- Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 7, 2013
- Next step...... Hi all,
Hope you are all well. It has been a little hectic here trying to fit heaps in in a couple of days whilst in London.... I'm just sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Denmark and Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 5, 2013
- A mean time in Greenwich10th August
Greenwich is like a mini-London in its own right, albeit with a relaxed more spacious overtone. Checking it out is an automatically themed day trip of nautical navigation and scientific pursuits.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 5, 2013
- Welcome Asher Iain Zawadi!
I’m writing this through the bleary- eyed, emotional newborn haze of exhaustion, elation, love, soreness, relief and shellshock…
we were (and still are!) == th Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Sep 3, 2013
- Platform 9 3/4One of the not so sunny days I was in London, I decided to head over to Platform 9 3/4. Its in the northern part of London and a bit out of the way from most of the other attractions. Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 26, 2013
- Detective and DoctorEveryone knows who Sherlock Holmes is, Robert Downy Jr played him in 2 movies. That and he was one of the best detectives of all time. And Benedict Cumberbatch does an amazing job playing him. Seriously, watch that series. It's Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 20, 2013
- Ready To GO !Preparations complete ......... cant wait to get under way 71 Days & counting :( Posted by scottl_mitchell in Planes, Trains, Beaches & Backpacks | Aug 19, 2013
- Canterbury for the weekendFriday: I almost missed my bus. I made it with a minute to spare. I blame Carl. He shouldn't let a person with a guide book of his country decide on what time to leave. Basically there was a lot Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 18, 2013
- Preliminaries All required visa documents are now sorted, plane tickets are booked, and the flight leaves in 10 days.
Whenever I get excited I can't help thinking about how when I first told a close friend who is french about choosing Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Aug 17, 2013
- 10th to 14th August - BathSaturday 10th August – London to Bath (England)
6am start today to pack our bags (was so nice to be able to stay 4 nights in one place!) and then have breakfast and get going on our journey to Bath. Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 14, 2013