- England: Salisbury/Oxford: Am I Too Old to Apply to Oxford? Salisbury is a beautiful small historic town with a huge central cathedral.
We walked around town exploring and Ruby found some nachos (her favorite) and tried some local spirits i Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 5, 2014
- London - 9/3/2014 British Museum, Hyde Park9/3 - OK, now we are officially exhausted into our 3rd day, but must get up and go. Down to breakfast, we try the beans and tomatoes this time with the eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc. Nothing special, Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 3, 2014
- London 9/2/2014 - Buckingham Pal. (guards), Tower of London9/2 Ahhhhhh, bright sunshine awoke us this morning! We have a plan, things to see and places to eat. We have our usual English Breakfast at the Darlington hotel (eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, coffee and water). Let’s go! Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 2, 2014
- London 9/1/2014 - city tour, boat cruise, Westminster Abbey9/1 A few cloudy skies with drizzle on and off was the weather today as we started our first full day in London. We made our way to the big red hop on hop off bus for a Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 2, 2014
- The day after The DayWe had allocated today on the itinerary as being "Regret Day", but instead it turned out to be "Reminiscing in the Sunshine Day". We walked into the city for brunch, with Belinda helpfully beeping to alert us to safe Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 2, 2014
- Thornshire Wedding DaySaturday 30th August - sunny
Wedding day arrived, and found some of us up and about quite early. The Buccas and O'Bennetts made it to the markets as everything was being set up and getting ready for business. We Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 2, 2014
- Let the Adventure Begin!Hello from Birmingham, England! Thank you all for following my blog and for your support and prayers along my journey! I'll try to keep my blog updated as frequently as I can, but that all depends on homework load. The Posted by travelsquirrel in Adventures Through Europe | Sep 1, 2014
- Day 1 London - Pub dinnerGreat little pub with classic pub style food. Walking distance from Darlington Hotel
Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Walking in York-ingA bit of a staggered start today - it seemed that the time of getting up roughly correlated to the time of going to bed last night... Maya went for a run (because she's amazing), while the Buccas and Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Aug 29, 2014
- Sunshine and fireworksWhat a gloriously sunny day Manchester turned on for us! We all slept well, and breakfasted well, and were keen to start the fun part of the holiday.
We spent the morning doing some essential shopping (sim cards) and less essential Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Aug 29, 2014
- Cruise No 2 - Baltic SeaFri 8th August - Departure for cruise No.2 (Baltic Sea Cruise) at 5.30pm
The ship departed on time and we had a very casual night as appears to happen on the first night of the cruises. Our dining arrangements Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Aug 27, 2014
- Westfield LondonSo I needed to buy a new suitcase for my upcoming Eastern European tour, and took myself off to Westfield London. We have lots of Westfield shopping centres in Sydney, so I thought I knew what I was in for. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- Brick Lane LondonSo I got a message on couch surfing to meet Andrew for drinks in Sydney. I saw this message very delayed, and he was no longer in Australia. Luckily Andrew is a London local so I said I would Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 25, 2014
- Notting Hill CarnivalOk so did you know that London (more specifically Notting Hill) has this carnival every year where they try to mimic Rio's 'Carnival'?
Well I didn't. In fact I was so oblivious that when I showed up I thought I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 24, 2014
- Night Out in London Town So I signed up to go to dinner with an online website called 'couch surfing'. The premise of the site is to find people who will let you sleep at their house when you travel to save on money. The Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 23, 2014
- Dirty Rotten ScoundrelsSo I treated myself to a West-End show, because, well... I can.
I picked this one on a whim and I am really glad that I did. It was funny! And I mean genuinely funny!
I have learned since that the Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 22, 2014
- London Week 1So here goes nothing.
I have never written a blog before. Personally I find myself clever and witty and all of those lovely things that would make a superb blogger. But low and behold the world does not always agree. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- Wednesday - Tour of the Louvre and the Eiffel TowerWith a full day ahead of us we were up early today and out the door by 8.30am. Our first scheduled tour was for three hours at the Louvre. We walked briskly down the streets of Paris passing iconic monuments Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 27, 2014
- Saturday we looked around CanterburyWe had a relaxed start after our long car trip from the previous day. We went over to the homestead for a cooked breakfast, then I listened to some of the All Blacks vs Australia on my cellphone, streaming the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 26, 2014
- England: Stonehenge: Breaking Rules Not Budgets! We flew into London and headed straight for. . .
. . . the cheapest hotel in London--- 35 British pounds per night. . . at the Earl Court Gardens. After a night Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Friday was a long day...we headed for CanterburyWell, this could very well be our shortest blog yet due to the fact that we don’t really have any interesting places or events to report on.
Todays plan was to travel from Tintagel to Canterbury via Highclere Castle (the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 25, 2014
- Thursday we checked in with Doc MartinWhen we had all prettified ourselves for breakfast at the pub, we went down stairs to have some morning chow. After some goodies, we bumbled down the NARROW roads to Port Isaac.
[img=http://pho Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 23, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for TintagelAfter a lovely time in Bath we packed up and left the Gatehouse accommodation and headed for Tintagel.
The drive was pleasant through the english countryside. [img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 22, 2014
- 2014 G6 OCEAN PRINCESS - BATH & THE END OF THE TRIPSO - BACK TO WAITING OUTSIDE THE ROMAN BATHS TO SEE IF MY COUSINS WILL TURN UP.
I EXPECT SO, BUT AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TIME WE ARRANGED TO MEET, I HAVE ANOTHER THREE HOURS HERE.
HOPE I DON'T Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Postscript : Back in the Northern HemisphereAfter a great holiday, it was fitting to say farewell to South America with one last Brahma at Lima airport. Really hoping I can go back sometime and explore more of that continent.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20140803_232019.jpg Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Aug 21, 2014