- Off AgainThe old boy was up early this morning, about 6. I didn't get up until after 8. Had a shower and the old boy cooked the fresh eggs and toast for our breakfast. You can taste the difference between Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 19, 2014
- World Tour, the wrap upToday was the final day of our World Tour 2013-14.
We arrived in England eight days ago, and at that time, after eating a single bun for breakfast each day for the previous two weeks, when the waitress offered “Full English Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 18, 2014
- Off AgainLeft Yorkshire Dales about 9 to go to the Cotswolds. It was a long drive and really glad that I'm not driving. The sun is shining and going to be hot. Stopped for a break and had Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 18, 2014
- Leave no Stone(henge) unturnedWhat a beautiful day for our final full day on the road. Sunny with temps in the mid 70's.
All of us are a little weary of traveling at this point. Actually, all of us except Uncle John, who Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 17, 2014
- Off AgainWe set off after breakfast to drive around and see what we haven't seen. Obviously the place is so large that we didn't know where to start. Anyway, we finally got ourselves organised (all except the Navman lady!!!) Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 16, 2014
- Harry Potter slept here
After a fantastic English breakfast in the dining room of Downton Abbey... I mean, The Court B&B, we hit the road in order to explore more equally charming areas of the countryside. Travelin Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 16, 2014
- Day 25: Cotswolds to LacockSorry, but this will be another relatively short post, and without pictures because of yet ANOTHER untimely camera malfunction. Today my family, Uncle John, and I basically drove from a small town in the Cotswolds to another beautiful rural English Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 16, 2014
- Day 24: A Big Day of Hiking, Little of BirdingToday was our family's only full day in the beautiful part of south-central England called the Cotswolds. I took two hikes, one with the entire family and Uncle John, and the other only with my father. It was a gorgeous, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 15, 2014
- Chipper in Chipping Campden
Today was our first quiet day on the road. No museums, no castles, no cathedrals. Just the countryside and the bleating lambs.
We are staying in the charming villa Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 15, 2014
- Off AgainUp reasonably early, well 8am anyway. After breakfast we headed off to meet my father-in-laws relations. The old boy was a bit nervous too. I had heard about them but when you put a face to a Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 15, 2014
- Where sheep safely grazeThe final leg of our travels takes us to the English countryside. After a one-hour train ride from London, we alighted in the university town of Oxford. Just by walking around town, our IQ's jumped up at least Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 14, 2014
- Day 23: London to the Cotswolds Today my family and Uncle John traveled from downtown London to the rural Cotswolds. It was a beautiful day of 60 degrees and partly sunny skies.
After another breakfast at our Premier Inn (make sure to say that name in your Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 14, 2014
- Off AgainToday, we went driving through the Yorkshire Dales. It took about 250kms and we had a lovely day. We went through many places and they have wonderful names. Settle, Gayle, Hawes, Redmire, etc to name a few. Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 14, 2014
- Off AgainWe arrived at Bent Farm Cottage about 2pm after leaving Jeans. We had a lovely time with her.
Travelled to the cottage and it was just beautiful. Jacky met us there and showed us around and as it is Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 13, 2014
- Beheading vs. BirdingOn our final day in London we hit the "best of" sights. First up: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, where we were led around the authentically reproduced firetrap by an excellent guide who managed to keep young and old in Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 13, 2014
- Day 22: Finally...Real Birding!Today, as you can see from the title, was a very good [make that fantastic] day, with regards to birding. First of all, before I get to the "good part" of today, I need to summarize the morning, of course. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 13, 2014
- The Fab Five of LondonWe started the day by availing ourselves of the sumptuous breakfast buffet here at the Premier Inn Waterloo, London. While the price was a little steep for adults, kids eat free, including one big 13-year-old with an insatiable appetite. Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 12, 2014
- Day 21: A Beautiful Day in LondonToday my family and I had a better day touring around the beautiful city of London, England.
We started off the day at our hotel buffet and then walked to the Churchill War Rooms Museum, which was mildly interesting.
On the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 12, 2014
- Day 20: First Full Day In EnglandToday my family and I experienced our first full day in "jolly old England!" It was a good day for traveling because it rained some and was quite chilly, topping out at maybe 50 degrees at most. We expected this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 11, 2014
- No time for tea in LondonToday we arrived in London and hit the ground running. Dave's brother, Uncle John is joining us tomorrow, so for today we toured some of the more educational but less obvious sights in this great city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631814/3ED Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 11, 2014
- Our Canterbury Tales
Today we traveled by Eurostar high speed train through the Chunnel from Paris to Ashford, England. The train was amazingly fast--the entire trip took less than two hou Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 10, 2014
- Day 19: Jolly Old England!Today my family and I traveled to England. It was a long morning, which consisted of taking a subway, riding the amazing Eurostar, taking a commuter train in England, and finally walking six blocks to our lodging for the night.
Sadly, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 10, 2014
- The big three-ohhhhhhhhh!Well folks, here you have it, I've finally turned 30! I decided long ago to spend the big birthday in London as that was the place in Europe where I knew the most amount of people and I decided that Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 8, 2014
- The only way is Essex...INNIT!My profuse apologies again for my general tardiness in getting the posts out! Surprisingly, it has been an incredibly busy month. Following England, I spent two weeks in Spain and was very busy quickly navigating (and eating!!) myself through that Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 8, 2014
- 2012 E3 THE LAKE DISTRICT & LONDON===THE LAKE DISTRICT===
SOMEWHERE ELSE IN ENGLAND I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/P1160 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012