- Off AgainToday, we went driving through the Yorkshire Dales. It took about 250kms and we had a lovely day. We went through many places and they have wonderful names. Settle, Gayle, Hawes, Redmire, etc to name a few. Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 14, 2014
- Off AgainWe arrived at Bent Farm Cottage about 2pm after leaving Jeans. We had a lovely time with her.
Travelled to the cottage and it was just beautiful. Jacky met us there and showed us around and as it is Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 13, 2014
- Beheading vs. BirdingOn our final day in London we hit the "best of" sights. First up: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, where we were led around the authentically reproduced firetrap by an excellent guide who managed to keep young and old in Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 13, 2014
- Day 22: Finally...Real Birding!Today, as you can see from the title, was a very good [make that fantastic] day, with regards to birding. First of all, before I get to the "good part" of today, I need to summarize the morning, of course. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 13, 2014
- The Fab Five of LondonWe started the day by availing ourselves of the sumptuous breakfast buffet here at the Premier Inn Waterloo, London. While the price was a little steep for adults, kids eat free, including one big 13-year-old with an insatiable appetite. Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 12, 2014
- Day 21: A Beautiful Day in LondonToday my family and I had a better day touring around the beautiful city of London, England.
We started off the day at our hotel buffet and then walked to the Churchill War Rooms Museum, which was mildly interesting.
On the Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 12, 2014
- Day 20: First Full Day In EnglandToday my family and I experienced our first full day in "jolly old England!" It was a good day for traveling because it rained some and was quite chilly, topping out at maybe 50 degrees at most. We expected this Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 11, 2014
- No time for tea in LondonToday we arrived in London and hit the ground running. Dave's brother, Uncle John is joining us tomorrow, so for today we toured some of the more educational but less obvious sights in this great city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631814/3ED Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 11, 2014
- Our Canterbury Tales
Today we traveled by Eurostar high speed train through the Chunnel from Paris to Ashford, England. The train was amazingly fast--the entire trip took less than two hou Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 10, 2014
- Day 19: Jolly Old England!Today my family and I traveled to England. It was a long morning, which consisted of taking a subway, riding the amazing Eurostar, taking a commuter train in England, and finally walking six blocks to our lodging for the night.
Sadly, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 10, 2014
- The big three-ohhhhhhhhh!Well folks, here you have it, I've finally turned 30! I decided long ago to spend the big birthday in London as that was the place in Europe where I knew the most amount of people and I decided that Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 8, 2014
- The only way is Essex...INNIT!My profuse apologies again for my general tardiness in getting the posts out! Surprisingly, it has been an incredibly busy month. Following England, I spent two weeks in Spain and was very busy quickly navigating (and eating!!) myself through that Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 8, 2014
- 2012 E3 THE LAKE DISTRICT & LONDON===THE LAKE DISTRICT===
SOMEWHERE ELSE IN ENGLAND I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/P1160 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- 130525: 8. Lacock to Amesbury (Stonehenge)The next leg of our journey was from [[http://photos.travellerspoint.com/600432/large_0525_route..ck-caenhill.jpg|Lacock to the Caen Hill locks near Devizes]]. We took a scenic, back country road route, heading east out of town, then south on Devizes Road Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | May 4, 2014
- Day 46 - Disembarkation and LondonWell that day is here and we are supposed to vacate the cabin by 8.30am. Breakfast is being served but not all morning like it normally is. So we head up for something to eat. Then back to the cabin Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- Day 45 - Last day of the cruiseSad day indeed. Last Battle of the Sexes and the women lose, and although each team has won two sectors a tally of points indicate the men won overall.
Christine has had a win on the pokies finally and Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- GreenwichIt was day 2 of a tube strike over here, so we decided to spend our last day at Greenwich and catch the Thames Clipper ferry there and back. It was an absolutely beautiful day, very sunny and warm. Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 30, 2014
- Windsor Castle - Jo's versionOn Tuesday we took the train to Windsor Castle. The train ride took nearly as long as all the way to Ely, because of the many stops. But it was very interesting to see all the different suburbs Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 30, 2014
- Lists on ListsIf someone asked me how I would rate my semester here, it would be a 100000 out of 10!
There are tons of other questions I constantly get asked; like what was your favorite place you visited? What’s your favorite Posted by jenniferzumbo in Winning London | Apr 30, 2014
- The Perfect Strangers That Became FamilyI have valued my time here more than anything; however, I think my experience would have been a lot less valuable if it weren't for these people. 200 kids were thrown into the same situation in January when we arrived, Posted by jenniferzumbo in Winning London | Apr 30, 2014
- The Final Chapter - Part 2[center]"Travel is the only thing that makes you richer"[/center]
Well, the couple of weeks after Easter flew by faster than ever - just as I predicted. Easter in London was different than usual; no family, no chocolate, no big feast. Nothing Posted by jenniferzumbo in Winning London | Apr 30, 2014
- When a Man is tired of London ........said Samuel Johnson, he is tired of life. That may be true but touring this great city can nonetheless be very tiring, especially with kids!
Yesterday we walked from our hotel across Green Park to Buck Palace to see the changing Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | Apr 29, 2014
- Jeremy’s blog entry – Windsor CastleI loved Windsor castle because I really like the past. I especially liked the knights in armor. It was also cool when the red coat guards started marching out of the place where they did jousting and down the Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 29, 2014
- British Museum, Hamleys Toy ShopOn Monday we went to the British Museum. What an amazing treasure trove! I studied Classics at school and university, and to be in a room just absolutely packed with red figure vases was surreal! To see Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 29, 2014
- Sutton/Ely The power of facebook has enabled me to connect with some old friends who I would otherwise lost contact with over many years, and one of these is my High School friend Kornelia. She just happens to live near Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | Apr 29, 2014