- Rievoulx Abbey and Helmsley Castle[b]On February 21, I went on a class trip to Rievoulx Abbey and the town of Helmsley. It was for my class called "The Visual Past" where we look at ruins of abbeys and castles in order to see what Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Mar 4, 2015
- Robin Hood's Bay to Whitby: A Coastal HikeSaturday , February 28, some friends and I caught a a morning train for ridiculously cheap and ended up in Whitby. From Whitby we caught a bus to Robin Hood's Bay. We wandered around Robin Hood's Bay for a Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Mar 4, 2015
- London pit stop
We only had a couple of days in London so we decided to take in a few of the free sites and take it easy. After the bus drop us off at 5am instead of 9am we were a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- DurhamThe first class excursion the class went to was Durham, about an hour north of York. Once we got off the train, we were immediately greeted with a high view of the city, and it was unbelievable:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/724146/WP_20150207_1 Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Feb 17, 2015
- Old places, old mates and cool stuffA busy week in London meant some tired munchkins but plenty of smiles:
* Natural history museum - really cool set up with so much to see but never enough time, Claire (aka Pickle) joined us for a wander with the Posted by hollyer in Skiing, friends, family and good times | Feb 3, 2015
- History of York[center]This weekend was the York Residents Festival and, as I am currently residing in York, admission to many of the museums and landmarks was free. I didn't hit everything on my list, but I saw quite a bit and explored Posted by Kateogan in Studying Abroad in York, England | Feb 2, 2015
- SnowWe woke up this morning to be greeted with snow everywhere. Just a short reminder of what we are leaving behind today. The packing is done and we wait to be collected for our epic journey. Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Jan 31, 2015
- Chapels. And not one fell down......We cannot by any means say that we dented the list of churches and chapels in the countries we visited. However we have a view created from our experiences for those of you who are happy to read the Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Jan 23, 2015
- Tomorrow to Ireland!Tomorrow morning we leave London for Dublin, Ireland. We will be taking a train across to the western coast of Wales and then a ferry across to Dublin. It will take all day it will be a unique Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Yesterday and TodayOK, I am back! I really didn't end up sleeping that great last night. Better luck tonight I guess!
So, back to yesterday's events. Essentially it was a law enforcement-centered day, hosted by some constables from here that Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 8, 2015
- Today We Hit the WallThis will be an abbreviated blog entry. I cannot tell you how tired I am, and lots of people in our group have said they feel the same way tonight. I feel more tired tonight than I did Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 7, 2015
- Now a Shorter DayAfter yesterday's very long day, today was shorter. We started off by visiting St. Clement Danes, which is a church for the Royal Air Force. Unfortunately, it was closed for renovations so we could not go inside.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 6, 2015
- The Longest DayIt is nearly 11pm as I begin this blog entry and I just got home. Today was our longest day of the trip, with a full day and evening of events. The day started at Westminster Abbey. Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 6, 2015
- We went to London for the sun and we got it!I know. Who goes to London for sun? People from Germany. It has been raining here for what feels like the last month and we have had very little sun. So for Quinn's birthday we took a trip to London. Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jan 5, 2015
- England - LondonWe arrived in London and caught the train into Paddington Station. It brought back memories for both of us seeing the UK flags hanging from the rafters. It was great to be back with some time to explore this great Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Oct 22, 2014
- Bus Tour and Tower of LondonToday was our first full day of sightseeing. We began at 9:30am with a four-hour bus tour of London. We saw a lot of sights, which you can see below.
[img=http://photo Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 4, 2015
- Welcome to Rainy London!Well, we made it! Our flights were all easy and uneventful. We actually arrived at London Heathrow a little over an hour early (just before 5am London time). The good thing about this was that we were Posted by AnneO in London/Dublin 2015 | Jan 3, 2015
- Hogmanay and tales of whiskey
Well after our scheduled train was cancelled and we were put on a leter train that went to Edinburgh via Carlisle (on the other side of the island) we finally arrived into Waverly station Edinburgh at 12.00pm. We went up Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Jan 3, 2015
We have a girl who lives in the north, she was once living in Newcastle but now resides in Sunderland, a hop, step and jump from Newcastle. But she still spend a lot of her time here, firstly playing netball Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Dec 31, 2014
- Days 166-174: London, EnglandDid an awesome job navigating the airport and tube. Went to a real nice party near the east side with lots of food and drinks and a hot tub.
I went exploring around the Brick Lane Market and got some Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Let's all make a change in 2015It's getting harder and harder to see the bigger picture of what is important in life.
As a race of people we are constantly being bombarded with advertising and marketing campaigns from the moment we wake up until the time Posted by rj2v in D.Y.O.T | Dec 29, 2014
- Sunderland 1 Hull City 3Having caught up with Emma in York we then returned to Sunderland with her to spend Christmas Day and Boxing Day with her and her boyfriend.
Christmas Day was a very restful one, started as is now customary with champagne and Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Dec 27, 2014
- C S Lewis, J R R Tolkien, and other wondersC.S Lewis JRR Tolkien and other wonders
We arrived in Oxford and were picked up by friends Tony and Jo. We decided to have a down day so spent the day with them eating Jo's amazing creations and enjoying music, Posted by claptonisgod in Latestage OE for enchanted shoelaces | Dec 27, 2014
- Christmas in osgathorpe Kiwis by the London Eye After catching up with Sean and Caroline we headed by train to the little village (300 people) of Osgathorpe Posted by Bronwyn.Hooper in bronwyn and dean adventuring | Dec 26, 2014
- Merry Christmas!!!
Matt and I spent a lovely Christmas in Devon. We found a great place to stay on TrustedHousesitters. Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 26, 2014