- Westward Ho!First let me apologize for the extended delay between this entry and the most recent. The RAHS is hosting a new event on Saturday October 10th from 2-5pm, so most of my time has been spent organizing and collaborating to Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Sep 23, 2015
- Walking the walls of the walled city of YorkWe caught the bus into the city. The bus stop was just across the road. Buses came past about every 10 minutes. It was good not having to find a car park. I had a well Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 23, 2015
- Our Coastal Drive in Yorkshire, EnglandWe enjoyed our Steam train ride from Pickering to York, so decided to do a coastal trip. It was a beautiful sunny day. We drove through the Yorkshire Moors. What a beautiful site with the moors a sea Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 23, 2015
- Pickering to Whitby, YorkFollowing on from our visit to the Train Museum in York the day before we decided to drive to Pickering and catch the steam train to the coastal town of Whitby. We parked and paid then realised it was Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 20, 2015
- York Railway MuseumWe caught the bus to York and wandered around the city. I suddenly thought I should get my hair cut, went into a shop to make an appointment. Of course you can't do it straight away as needed Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 15, 2015
- Leeds to YorkAfter a good night sleep in our comfortable bed and a late leave time we felt refreshed and ready for the next adventure. We arrived in York at 2.00am. This place we found no problem and as it Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 13, 2015
- LondonSlept in this morning and had a late start as I was trying to pack my bag to see if everything fits. It might.
Today was sunny and warm.
Left the hotel about 10:00am and caught the train to Westminster, where I Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 13, 2015
- Sunny England ;)A short flight took us from Greece to England where the fabulous Sue Larmer picked us up from Luton airport! Thanks Sue!!
I realise that we have been living in the tropics of Greek Islands for four months... but I Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Sep 12, 2015
- Dublin to Manchester, Manchester to LeedsAfter our very busy last day in Ireland we were happy to get a good night's rest at The Clayton Hotel near Dublin airport. We had to leave early as had a car to drop off, no scratches once Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 11, 2015
- LondonA sunny day today and warmer than it has been, No jacket needed today.
A leisurely breakfast and departed the hotel about 9:00am, catching the train to Westminster. From there, crossed the Westminster Bridge, turned right and up to Lambeth Palace, Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 10, 2015
- LondonToday was heavy overcast and cool, although some sun did appear this afternoon.
Feeling a bit lost and depressed today, think it might be time to come home (I fly out on Saturday). Slept in and had a late breakfast, and Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 9, 2015
- London (or specifically Buckingham Palace)Today was overcast and relatively cool (needed my jacket most of the day).
Slept until 7:00am and late breakfast at 8:00am. I had prebooked a tour of Buckingham Palace state rooms several months ago, and today is the tour day. Left Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 8, 2015
- Dublin to WaterfordThe evening before in Dublin Geoff took our map down to the office. The young lad circled places that we should visit while in Ireland. We really hadn't done much research. This turned out well as we Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 7, 2015
- LondonWeather was sunny but cool this morning, becoming overcast from midday. Temperature unknown.
Offically, the tour ended this morning after breakfast, and as such, I decided to sleep in till 7:30am. Showered, shaved and had breakfast before realising tha Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 7, 2015
- Paris to LondonSunny but cool in Paris this morning, and sunny and mild in London this afternoon.
A bit of a sleep in this morning, much needed after last nights excitement at the Moulin Rouge, as we were leaving the hotel at 8:45 Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 7, 2015
- Bristol to DublinWe had to pack our cases after spreading ourselves out in our house swap in Burton. Then there was the vacuum and clean before leaving. We had some time to spare so decided to drive into Bristol. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 6, 2015
- The Hills Are AliveThe less said about leaving Whitby the better. Small, narrow roads with cars parked all along; junctions on hills leading to more hills. It was not my finest hour. That said, it did give me the opportunity to meet some Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Sep 6, 2015
- A trip to BathThe trip to Bath was further than we realised from Burton in Somerset. After going around in a circle finally found a park in a large central car park. We emerged and didn't know where the Roman Baths Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 5, 2015
- Checking out our local attractions in Somerset, EnglandWe had been driving past places and signs so decided to go and see what they were about. Our first stop was the Cricket Cafe just down the road. We were expecting to see cricket paraphernalia, but no Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 5, 2015
- Wells Cathedral and The Bishop's Garden, SummersetWe decided to check out the medieval city of Wells, England's smallest city. We are certainly pleased that we visited here. We drove right around the medieval City looking for a park. After putting parking in Garmin Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 4, 2015
- treading water & feeling a bit out of the loop..
===We’ve been back in the UK a week=== .. and already ticked- off some of the essentials; deep, hot bubble baths, play parks, my sister’s hen do, bridesmaid dress fittings, cheese, wine and nice brown bread consumed. David says that Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Sep 3, 2015
- Burnham-on-Sea, Western-super-Mare and Cheddar, SomersetWe decided it was time to head to the coast. Driving along we spied a sign that said 'Grand Pier'. Into Burnham-on-Sea we headed we thought we better go check out this pier, with visions of a pier Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 3, 2015
- Sheffield - Peak District - Bristol===Peak District National Park===
Wanting to make the journey home more than just a drive back, we take a road that cuts through the stunning scenery of Peak District National Park, which became the UK's first national park in 1951.
[img=http:/ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 26, 2015
- Bridgewater, The Chantry and Kilve BeachAfter a bit of a lazy morning we donned our Kathmandu jackets as the day was rather showery and headed to Bridgewater for some supplies. Jackie had circled places of interest on a large map so we were attempting Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 2, 2015
- Waiting, Waiting, WaitingHeathrow Airport
Been here for about three hours and still have another four to go. Really is a waste of a day but there was not enough time to do much in London, after we had done a walk to Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Sep 1, 2015